PDA

View Full Version : Draw Your Friends VI!, The Fantastical Reboot - Wishlist now Open

araveugnitsuga
2011-03-29, 06:05 PM
Draw your Friends! VI - Wishlist now Open

High Fantasy Themed

Welcome to the sixth iteration of the Draw your Friends game/competition, the game/competition were you draw for a friend.

I'm one of your hosts, araveugnitsuga, you may call me Pink-Haired August.
Our other host, and founder of this game/competition is none other than The Grandmaster of Friendly Administration, Fin.

Info
The Guidelines

The game starts when we reach the 20 volunteers.
You may join by posting your desire to do so in the current thread.
If you participated in the last iteration you must repost in the running thread, posting on a thread that has undergone will not count.
You will be assigned a fellow volunteer to draw for through a PM by your respective host.
You have 7 days (168 hours from the moment a host posts that all PM's have been sent) to draw it.
You may draw in any style you wish.
The idea is to draw something related to your assigned playgrounder.
Any format is welcomed, from avatar to a giant watercolor image.
When you are finished you PM it to your assigned host.
Don't post the image here.

Extensions are permissible if you PM a host asking for it and a reasonable extended time-frame.

Themes
They are announced in the thread after the start of the competition.
They are sent again through a PM along with your assignment.
They are selected by both of your hosts, but suggestions are accepted.
They are entirely optional

The Workings

There are two phases.
On the "First Phase" you are assigned a fellow volunteer to be draw.
The second phase is entirely optional.
On the "Second Phase" a host reveals all the images.
You may guess on who draw it and by whom it was drawn.
After two days such information will be revealed.

The Wishlist

You can only enter The Wishlist if you didn't participate in the previous round and the contest already has started.
If you enter the Wishlist you are automatically included on the next round.

Listings
Volunteers - [20/20]

Xelliea
Gimliggamer
araveugnitsuga
smuchmuch
Irbis
Teutonic Knight
Szilard
Mr_Saturn
Dr.Epic
Felyndiira
Croverus
Ninjaman
Yldenfrei
Zefir
Bradakhan
Akrim.elf
GrlumpTheElder
Shades of Gray
Traker
Licoot

Wishlist

Derjuin
Terry576

Previous Threads:

The Thread were the Idea was born (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76847)
Draw your Friends! I (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182167)
Draw your Friends! II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183802)
Draw your Friends! III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185521)
Draw Your Friends! IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187666)
Draw Your Friends! V (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190795)

smuchmuch
2011-03-29, 06:10 PM
Hello.
Main computer finnaly back onlne. inkscape reinstalled just in time. In

Irbis
2011-03-29, 06:15 PM
Am I too late? :smalleek:

araveugnitsuga
2011-03-29, 06:16 PM
Am I too late? :smalleek:

No such thing - There is always a wishlist

Teutonic Knight
2011-03-29, 06:26 PM
Reboots are usually in it for the cash, but I'm in it to draw for my fellow Playgrounders.

Szilard
2011-03-29, 06:30 PM
In!:smallbiggrin:

Mr_Saturn
2011-03-29, 07:37 PM
How can I resist? I think my avatars are too easy to guess however... Maybe I'll try to emulate someone else's style. Hahahaha.

Dr.Epic
2011-03-29, 08:22 PM
you have my sword tablet pen.

(If you couldn't tell, yes, I want to participate.)

Felyndiira
2011-03-29, 08:26 PM

And my bow Fireworks MX!

@V: I'll steal that idea, in that case XD. [/plagiarism]

Szilard
2011-03-29, 08:47 PM

(If you couldn't tell, yes, I want to participate.)

I kinda wish I didn't already say I'm in, so that I could say "and my bow trackpad." :smalltongue:

Ninjaman
2011-03-30, 12:08 AM
I am in. this rocks.

Croverus
2011-03-30, 12:10 AM
I have terrible drawing skill, and use Paint mostly, but I'm gonna volunteer for this anyway! It could be a fun little project during my downtime at work.

Teutonic Knight
2011-03-30, 12:23 AM
Oh August you made capitol an extra letter in Dr.Epic's name in the list of party sipants.

Obviously bored/ don't want to do homework.

yldenfrei
2011-03-30, 01:52 AM
All I have is a hammer mouse, but I will use it well. :smallbiggrin:

Zefir
2011-03-30, 01:56 AM
*Zefir tries to join again*

Bradakhan
2011-03-30, 01:59 AM
I'm in , as long as theres space left.

Akrim.elf
2011-03-30, 03:38 AM
Is here still place for me?

GrlumpTheElder
2011-03-30, 07:43 AM
AND MY AXE!

In again please!

Shades of Gray
2011-03-30, 09:53 AM
I'll participate.

Ninjaman
2011-03-30, 11:12 AM
I'll participate.

Yay :smallsmile:

Traker
2011-03-30, 11:26 AM
I think I'll try again.

licoot
2011-03-30, 11:42 AM
I'm in,

also could you put the theme in the opening post, because last competition i didn't read the thread for a couple of days and it took me forever to find it

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-30, 11:59 AM
Aaand that was the last spot, good luck people. :smallsmile:
May I suggest a Tolkien theme (Or fantasy heroic/epic theme)?
It seem fitting from the "in's".

...I was halfway about to sign up only to be able to use Boromir 's line. Time-related issues be damned. :smalltongue:

Mr_Saturn
2011-03-30, 12:47 PM
You did that on purpose, i know you did Tsofu. :smalltongue:

You have my sadness. Just messing with you. ;-)

Dr.Epic
2011-03-30, 02:56 PM
What are we at? 15? 5 more then.

Mr_Saturn
2011-03-30, 03:04 PM
Well, the list just hasn't been updated. But there were five other people to signed up after Bradakhan. I think it should be full now.

licoot
2011-03-30, 03:08 PM
Well, the list just hasn't been updated. But there were five other people to signed up after Bradakhan. I think it should be full now.

I think i was the last one

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-30, 03:11 PM

Certainly not, I have not been walking like a cat around hot porridge. I have not as the metaphorical cat put a paw in once or twice to test the temperature, but quickly pulling back after taking a hold of myself.
I had planned to join, but a few days ago my boss dropped "The Bomb" - the presentation I thought I had 3 possibly 4 weeks of wonderful time to finish is now due next week. :-P
Better be patient than spill the porridge I'd say. :smallwink:

Irbis
2011-03-30, 06:00 PM

You have my sadness.

I agree, Pink, don't listen to his rambling, Tsofu is IN. :PPP

araveugnitsuga
2011-03-30, 06:04 PM
Of course Tsofu is in, he said it himself.
I mean, I've already given up my artist post for him to be able to compete.:smallbiggrin:

But really, if you really want to compete I'll leave so you can.

Derjuin
2011-03-30, 06:08 PM
Aw, full already? :smallfrown: Can I get in on the wishlist, at least? :smallsmile:

Teutonic Knight
2011-03-30, 09:38 PM
Of course Tsofu is in, he said it himself.
I mean, I've already given up my artist post for him to be able to compete.:smallbiggrin:

But really, if you really want to compete I'll leave so you can.

So is he in or what? Also I feel bad that I'm taking spots from the "artists who deserve to participate". :smallconfused:

Mr_Saturn
2011-03-30, 10:22 PM
Or the maximum number of participants can be increase...

But the whole idea of giving up your spot for one person and not for another brings a little bit of uneasiness to me.

Gimliggamer
2011-03-30, 10:30 PM
We could just increase the artist amount by 2, since two people want to join. Nice and even...

Croverus
2011-03-30, 10:57 PM
Or just increase it by 1, giving us a number divisible by 3 and 7 :smalltongue:

araveugnitsuga
2011-03-30, 11:03 PM
So is he in or what? Also I feel bad that I'm taking spots from the "artists who deserve to participate". :smallconfused:

Or the maximum number of participants can be increase...

But the whole idea of giving up your spot for one person and not for another brings a little bit of uneasiness to me.

It's meant partially as a joke as Tsofu has already stated that he ISN'T able to participate because of workload, so it's more of an offer he can't accept.

Certainly not, I have not been walking like a cat around hot porridge. I have not as the metaphorical cat put a paw in once or twice to test the temperature, but quickly pulling back after taking a hold of myself.
I had planned to join, but a few days ago my boss dropped "The Bomb" - the presentation I thought I had 3 possibly 4 weeks of wonderful time to finish is now due next week. :-P
Better be patient than spill the porridge I'd say. :smallwink:
Emphasis added by me.

We could just increase the artist amount by 2, since two people want to join. Nice and even...
There's a logistic problem behind, if we already are having a tough time managing 20, adding more people would be problematic. Look at the IV iteration, we had many contestants that were late, and that is a nightmare as we have to PM them to please tell us about their status, we had to deal a lot with late PMs, and deadline jumbling.

I had to make last round be rather harsh so that we could actually get back on tracks, as laid-back doesn't mean absolute chaos.

Adding two people is two more PMs, two more drawings to wait for, and ultimately, two more people to keep track of.

We also have a longevity and marketing issue, as by truncating it at twenty we still generate a wishlist, which is extremely useful as it attracts more participants since they already know who are in, or at least know someone else is in there. We also generate a sense of urgency which is particularly helpful since it allows us to capture indecisive artist which would rather participate than ponder about it and lose the opportunity.

I believe 20 is the maximum we are able to deal logistically, as well as it's a relatively high head count yet not high enough to potentially drain our new-coming participant pool [citation needed], ergo, for the time being, it will remain unchanged.

[Let it be noted, when I joined as host I proposed a 30 participant list, and now I'm defending the 20 arbitrary headcount].

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-30, 11:46 PM
Sorry for the confusion, but really - I thought peoples "white text"-fu was at an higher level than this. :smalltongue:

And to the rest who'd actually want to join, sign up on the wish-list and you'll get a reserved spot for next competition (which will probably be around in less than 2 weeks). :smallsmile:

Fin
2011-03-31, 01:13 AM
Wow, this thread got off to a quick start, good to see people clammering to get in but as araveugnitsuga said earlier I doubt we could manage more than twenty. Plus if we let one more in then we'd have set a precident for letting in extra and the next thing you know we have fifty people in and the two hosts huddled in a corner crying :smallsmile:

So apologies to Derjuin and anyone else that couldn't participate but we will have a spot reserved for you in the next game.

In other news I am just waiting for confirmation from araveugnitsuga that she is happy with the theme and then PMs will be going out. You'll probably have them later today! :smallbiggrin:

Zefir
2011-03-31, 01:17 AM
Yeah and today is my first days I have nothing to do in the evening.^^

Croverus
2011-03-31, 01:27 AM
I'm going missing for the next three days since my online activity is related to my work schedule. My current shift ends in about 4 1/2 houtrs. I can check PMs and reply to them with my phone but I will be unable to post till Sunday :smallfrown:

Fin
2011-03-31, 02:05 PM
Ok the theme has been decided and it will be....

High/Epic Fantasy!

Have fun.

Also the PMs should start landing in inboxes over the next few hours, alert us if you don't have one by tomorrow.

Also also, the deadline will be...

The 7th of April, 2011

Szilard
2011-03-31, 06:21 PM
So for whoever has me, some of my normalish avatars:
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/szilardavatar5.pnghttp://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/szilardavatar2.pnghttp://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/szilardavatar1.pnghttp://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/orcbard.pnghttp://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/rect16207.pnghttp://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/g15885.png

Mr_Saturn
2011-03-31, 09:06 PM
Szilard is a damaged lunar crater that lies to the east-northeast of the crater Richardson. It is named after Leo Szilard, the scientist who worked on the atomic bomg during WWII. About a half-crater-diameter to the northwest is the large walled plain Harkhebi. Between Harkhebi and Szilard is the small Giordano Bruno. The ray system from this impact forms streaks across the rim and interior of Szilard.
The rim of Szilard is heavily eroded and has been reshaped by subsequent impacts. The worn satellite crater Szilard H lies across the southeast rim of Szilard. The interior floor of Szilard is somewhat uneven in the western half, while the eastern side is more level and featureless.
Szilard lies on the far side of the Moon and cannot be seen directly from the Earth.

Hey look! You're named after a crater! :smallwink:

Source, wikipedia.

Gimliggamer
2011-03-31, 09:10 PM
Wow, this thread got off to a quick start, good to see people clammering to get in but as araveugnitsuga said earlier I doubt we could manage more than twenty. Plus if we let one more in then we'd have set a precident for letting in extra and the next thing you know we have fifty people in and the two hosts huddled in a corner crying :smallsmile:

So apologies to Derjuin and anyone else that couldn't participate but we will have a spot reserved for you in the next game.

In other news I am just waiting for confirmation from araveugnitsuga that she is happy with the theme and then PMs will be going out. You'll probably have them later today! :smallbiggrin:

In other news I am just waiting for confirmation from araveugnitsuga that she is happy with the theme and then PMs will be going out.

she is happy.

she
:smallfurious::smallfurious::smallfurious: :smalltongue:

Szilard
2011-03-31, 09:11 PM
Hey look! You're named after a crater! :smallwink:

Source, wikipedia.
Yeah, I've known for a while. :smalltongue: Szilard's my actual name, and with my slightly inflated ego, I occasionally google my name to see if anything shows up. It was through this that I've become well-learned of Leo Szilard and all his crazy shenanigans, and he was a pretty interesting guy. After regretting the Manhattan Project that he indirectly started, he wrote this weird book about how the Russians and Americans would work together to discover that dolphins are smarter than them. :smalltongue:

GrlumpTheElder
2011-04-01, 06:38 AM
For reference, my usual avatars are:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/Nobody/GtheE.png or http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/GTE.png

Zefir
2011-04-01, 06:41 AM
Ok the theme has been decided and it will be....

High/Epic Fantasy!

Have fun.

Also the PMs should start landing in inboxes over the next few hours, alert us if you don't have one by tomorrow.

Also also, the deadline will be...

The 7th of April, 2011

The theme should be on the first post as well. Think someone mentioned it befor.

araveugnitsuga would you add that Please?

smuchmuch
2011-04-01, 06:54 AM
for reference this is the closest I've got to a standart avatar:http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/dragon-chinois.gif

Irbis
2011-04-01, 07:02 AM
And almost all my avatars, as usual, are in my sig.

araveugnitsuga
2011-04-01, 09:15 AM
The theme should be on the first post as well. Think someone mentioned it befor.

araveugnitsuga would you add that Please?

I did mention the Theme on the PMs.
But anyway, it's been added on request.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-04-01, 09:34 AM
However, Fin didn't mention the theme in my PM... I had to come to the thread to find it...

Fin
2011-04-01, 12:13 PM
Oops sorry guys, I never put the theme in any of my PMs. So hopefully everyone will check the thread.

In other news after checking out Gimliggamer's post I have realised that I say 'in other news quite a lot' :smallbiggrin: I'll try and stop.

Also I am aware that araveugnitsuga is not a she but in fact a he however I seem to be incapable of remebering that fact when I type. Damned pink hair!! :smallredface:

yldenfrei
2011-04-01, 05:39 PM
Holy Crikey! I'm fully booked until April 7th! Hopefully I can manage to draw it before my flight. :smalleek:

Mr_Saturn
2011-04-02, 04:44 PM
Okay, I'm 95% done. :smallbiggrin:

Ninjaman
2011-04-02, 05:37 PM

Yea me to.
But the mystery is then:
What are the remaining 5% :smallconfused:

Mr_Saturn
2011-04-02, 05:53 PM
The 5% is lingering dissatisfaction with the final product.

Ninjaman
2011-04-03, 01:56 AM
The 5% is lingering dissatisfaction with the final product.

Yeah i feel it like it needs something, but i canīt find out what.

Zefir
2011-04-03, 03:57 AM

In bussines Language you just said you have done halv cause the last 5-10% take the same amount of time as the first 90-95%.

Akrim.elf
2011-04-03, 06:39 AM
okey, this round i am absolute without inspiration...
i send one avatar, but still thinking... is suit with theme, is great, is easy, is...

GrlumpTheElder
2011-04-03, 07:30 AM
I know your pain - there is always that lingering dissatisfaction with a product...

Croverus
2011-04-04, 12:48 AM
Whoever has me, I haven't really had a lot done avatar wise or such, but I had the necromancer standard avatar for the longest time as well as Warhammer 40k 'egg' images in my siggy. Also, the name Croverus is from an old, old, OLD roleplaying character of mine, back when I did only Freeform, basically he's The Crow, appearance, abilities, crow motif and all. So if that helps.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-04-04, 07:29 PM
Argh, I am impatient and can't wait until the reveal. GAH!!!

Irbis
2011-04-04, 07:34 PM
I can't, too.

Especially with mods trying to fool me into thinking my work is any good :smallbiggrin:

araveugnitsuga
2011-04-04, 08:13 PM
I know the feeling.
And I can't wait for the reveal either...

However there are still participants missing their submissions so I'm afraid it won't happen until the term expires.

Teutonic Knight
2011-04-04, 09:35 PM
Now it feels like you're all guilting the ones who didn't finish yet it into finishing.

And it's working. Jerks. :smalltongue:

Mr_Saturn
2011-04-04, 10:10 PM
Aannnd Teutonic Knight will be done in a period of hours. :smallwink:

Is it not fair to think that everyone finished their avatar during their weekend? :smalltongue: Hey, i even work 10 hour days.

Felyndiira
2011-04-04, 10:13 PM
Is it not fair to think that everyone finished their avatar during their weekend? :smalltongue: Hey, i even work 10 hour days.

Hey, I'll have you know that some of us spent our weekends on very important things! Like, you know, learning Exalted =p.

araveugnitsuga
2011-04-04, 10:14 PM
Now it feels like you're all guilting the ones who didn't finish yet it into finishing.

And it's working. Jerks. :smalltongue:

All acording to Keikaku*

*Keikaku means plan

Mr_Saturn
2011-04-04, 10:26 PM
What in the world is "Exalted"?

I actually spent the weekend without internet. And all I had was to do inkscape on my laptop...

araveugnitsuga
2011-04-04, 10:33 PM
What in the world is "Exalted"?

I actually spent the weekend without internet. And all I had was to do inkscape on my laptop...
It's the maximum amount of reputation points one can have with a determined faction in WoW.
or
A gaming system by white wolf publishing, which is kinda like DnD on Ambrosia

Teutonic Knight
2011-04-04, 11:22 PM
All acording to Keikaku*

*Keikaku means plan

And that reminds me of a post on Sankaku with this picture depicting the infamous Tokyo governor Ishihara, with the tagline being something along the lines of "He plans to ban fun altogether."

http://img2.sankakustatic.com/wp-content/gallery/safe-ix/ishihara-keikakudoori.jpg

And I am still working. The first few days are dedicated to stalking research.

Edited at 10:45 my time: Done and submitted. And yep. Still not satisfied. Too much avatar, not enough high fantasy, enough fantasy.

Zefir
2011-04-05, 01:27 AM
Well I think some had a busy weekend. Like me for example.

Szilard
2011-04-05, 06:24 PM
Edited at 10:45 my time: Done and submitted. And yep. Still not satisfied. Too much avatar, not enough high fantasy, enough fantasy.

Dude, we have the same time zone!

. . . probably along with a few million other people, but still! Then again, same state, that narrows it down. :smalltongue:

Teutonic Knight
2011-04-05, 09:30 PM
Dude, we have the same time zone!

. . . probably along with a few million other people, but still! Then again, same state, that narrows it down. :smalltongue:

Yes, I've had California as my location for a while now. Then again, I come from the Bay.

Szilard
2011-04-05, 09:45 PM
Who pays attention to location anyway...:smalltongue:

I live more southernly though. :smallcool:

Dr.Epic
2011-04-06, 09:32 PM
Sorry guys, I'm running late. It'll still be done on time, but I can't help but feel I'm holding everyone back. Sorry.

Mr_Saturn
2011-04-06, 09:32 PM
Less than twenty-four hours to go and no one has asked for an extension!

*crossed fingers*
:smalleek:

araveugnitsuga
2011-04-06, 09:46 PM
Less than twenty-four hours to go and no one has asked for an extension!

*crossed fingers*
:smalleek:

Well, apart from Dr. Epic I've got two left, and I whole heartedly believe they'll hand it on time.

Mr_Saturn
2011-04-06, 10:06 PM
So only two out of twenty have not submitted their avatar/picture?

araveugnitsuga
2011-04-06, 10:10 PM
So only two out of twenty have not submitted their avatar/picture?

No, two out of my half. It's split between Fin and I

Felyndiira
2011-04-06, 10:29 PM
No, one out of my half. It's split between Fin and I

=p

(My work hours can be unpredictable at times when big projects are constantly pushing deadlines =<).

Gimliggamer
2011-04-06, 11:46 PM
No, none out of my half. It's split between Fin and I Finished about an hour ago.

Fin
2011-04-07, 01:15 AM
Ok I still have a couple outstanding so I will wait until I get back from work this evening to do the reveal thread, but I will definately be doing it today. I won't push it back without an actual extension request. But please people if you can't get it done just ask, we will always accommodate you, it is just fairer to everyone else if they know there is going to be a bit of a delay.

Zefir
2011-04-07, 01:21 AM
You know I did ask and I finished it yesterday, I would work on it today again, but I know I won't be on my PC until 23 o'clock

Ninjaman
2011-04-07, 07:50 AM
Just send out mine.

Fin
2011-04-07, 12:55 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, Trolls and Gremlins, Monsters of all ages!!

Welcome!

Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for! It's the greatest show on earth, the show to end all shows, the point where art meets victim it's the...

Reveal Threeeeaaad!!!

Here they are!

Image 1
http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq355/g24601/yirdinfryd.png
Image 2
http://i53.tinypic.com/hvxwua.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2gwhs7b.pnghttp://i53.tinypic.com/2ry5455.png
Image 3
http://i53.tinypic.com/6sfme0.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/mmbk8h.png
Image 4
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa116/greyshadow0/Portfolio/129.png
Image 5
http://s7.directupload.net/images/110406/awxmy9ot.png
http://s7.directupload.net/images/110406/t65mbmlp.png
Image 6
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g28326.png?t=1302128129
Image 7
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6600/smuchmuchsmaller.png
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8616/smuchmuchfailed.png
Image 8
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/6017/avatt.jpg
Image 9
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TZz0W3NhHqI/AAAAAAAABT8/21hpEmiOEl0/s512/Pony.png
http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TZy6WtUli5I/AAAAAAAABTs/Mn1wqfRJ_o8/F2.png
Image 10
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/Bradakan.png
Image 11
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/Athienel/zefir2.png?t=1301982134
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/Athienel/zefir.png?t=1301982089
Image 12
http://i55.tinypic.com/315mz4p.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/167njv8.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/jginua.jpg
Image 13
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2cr8zlx.jpg
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/SpaceAvatar.png
http://oi51.tinypic.com/2jfdu7t.jpg
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Space.png
Image 14
This only works like this for some reason so clicky! (http://img827.imageshack.us/i/thing.pdf/)
Image 15
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/pinkyhigh.png
High Fantasy
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/pinkysummer.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/darkpinky.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/pinkyandtheF.png
Image 16
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/Gimliggamer/Ninjaman.png
Image 17
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/ylden/DYF-ShadesofGreycopy.png
Image 18
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/Ninjamanhammer/Akrimelfavatar.png
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/Ninjamanhammer/Akrimelf.png
Image 19
If you can guess these...
Image 20
You'd be a genius!

Still waiting on two but I'm sure they will arrive before the Artist Reveal post which will be on Saturday!

And thanks to an Avatarist that was feeling generous there is a bonus image to try and guess, I think it is easy though :smallwink:

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/TafFIN.png

Now get guessing ya scurvy dawgs!!

Ninjaman
2011-04-07, 01:35 PM
These are hard so many new avatarists.
And for the special one i bet it is for
Dogmantra

Teutonic Knight
2011-04-07, 06:03 PM
Error results in double-post. Look below.

Teutonic Knight
2011-04-07, 06:09 PM
:eek::amused: That number 12 better be for me. I'm guessing Saturn for that one. The one large one small close together eyes are Saturn's. But how did you get so close to my custom half-dragon design?

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/Athienel/dragoon.png?t=1302217649

That I drew several years back. :smalltongue:

And the WINGS. Even if they're not, to me they are Freedom Gundam's wings. Thank you so much.

araveugnitsuga
2011-04-07, 06:10 PM
:eek::amused: That number 12 better be for me. I'm guessing Saturn for that one.

I would actually want to know how the artist manage to get such effect in the cyan zone.

Teutonic Knight
2011-04-07, 06:41 PM
I would actually want to know how the artist manage to get such effect in the cyan zone.

Different pen/paint tool?

araveugnitsuga
2011-04-07, 06:55 PM
Different pen/paint tool?

I suspected that, but on closer inspection the effect seem quite different from my experiments and what I've ever seen.

I suspect I'll have to wait for the reveal.

Mr_Saturn
2011-04-07, 07:58 PM
:eek:

ZOOMG! That is the pinnacle of awesome. Thanks pinky, you da bomb. You even got me a "Draw your friends" banner. *drools* The only complaint for my avatar is that it looks like I got some cleavage. I'm not on a quest for my own boobs you know. :smalltongue:

GrlumpTheElder
2011-04-07, 08:30 PM
Right, below I present to you the a comprehensive guess as to who did what and who is who. After comparisons of artwork, I have hopefully worked it out, with only 6 Blank Spaces (four of which are due to late-submissions).

Here we are (WARNING, SPOILERS):

[SPOILER]{table=head]Picture|Drawn To|Drawn by
Picture 1|yirdinfryd|Tracker
Picture 2|Tracker|>.>
Picture 3|Croverus|Akrim.Elf
Picture 4|Xellia|Bradhakan
Picture 5|Gimliggamer|Zefir
Picture 6|Me|Shades of Gray
Picture 7|Smuchmuch|Felyndiira
Picture 8|???|Croverus?
Picture 9|Felyndiira|Ibris
Picture 10|Bradhakan|Szilard
Picture 11|Zefir|Teutonic Knight
Picture 12|Teutonic Knight|Mr Saturn
Picture 13|Mr Saturn|araveugnitsuga
Picture 14|???|Xelliea
Picture 15|araveugnitsuga|smuchmuch
Picture 16|ninjaman|gimliggamer
Picture 17|Shades of Grey|yirdinfryd
Picture 18|Arkim.Elf|Ninjaman
Picture 19||???
Picture 20||???[/table]

Mr_Saturn
2011-04-07, 11:22 PM
Warning Spoilers for guessing!

Alright, alright... I actually considered spreading out the eyes in order to conceal my own drawing style, but I just couldn't get it to look right. They kept looking weird and spaced out, pun not intended. I didn't know that it would be so blatantly obvious though. :smalltongue:

But they are brand new wings. I suppose I could have copied my previous avatar of Gundam Freedom...

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/Yitsockl/gundam.gif

I did umm... copy the shoes. I need to make some new templates for those. But yes, image 12 is definitely yours. I even snuck in the white scarf from your original teutonic knight avatar on the second picture. But I don't see the resemblance with your half-dragon that much...

Much happiness with the theme for this one.

Teutonic Knight
2011-04-08, 12:06 AM
Well, first off, I notice things.

Second, similarities with the ear-wings. I guess I was talking about how I was thinking of this design without anyone's knowledge, and then you make an avatar for me with those designs. It was a wow, someone thinks the way I do moment.

Third, Freedom is my favorite Gundam, and from what I can see, it was also the origin of my avatar. Awesome work.

I tried turning the third one into an avatar, as you can see. Blurry.

Fin
2011-04-10, 04:24 PM
Sorry about the delay everyone but it has been a crazy weekend here in real life. Update will be here tomorrow, without fail!

Mr_Saturn
2011-04-11, 08:17 PM
Hmmm, its a surprisingly low turnout for guessing this time around. How's interest retaining for "Draw Your Friends" now?

Szilard
2011-04-11, 08:40 PM
Well, I guessed in the first two, but then school got a tad busier. :smalltongue:

Irbis
2011-04-11, 08:41 PM
Yeah, it's sad. Et tu, Tsofu, contra me?

Also, 'without fail'? :smalltongue:

Teutonic Knight
2011-04-11, 09:53 PM
I'm still in it. Been checking the thread every couple days to if Fin revealed yet.

Yeah I thought it was weird that no one was guessing. Usually everyone's all over that.

And just thought of other names for the next ones: anything media related pretty much.

The Animated Series
The Punch-lined Sitcom
The Grim Reality Show
The Expensive Musical (I'm looking at you Spider-man)
The Bollywood Number
The Fan-made Indie Film

We can keep the thread alive by arguing the natural course of media projects.

araveugnitsuga
2011-04-11, 11:28 PM
We can keep the thread alive by arguing the natural course of media projects.
I think that would get the thread locked. It would however be better if we got to discuss future themes as well as how the theme worked out for each one.

I for once say the theme was rather hard to come up ideas for, as Tolkiensque was rather narrow in hind sight, however, each one came with a different definition of High/Epic Fantasy, either by taking the term literally or by interpreting it in a different way, and I think that was rather awesome and refreshing as it completely shattered my expectatives.

Zefir
2011-04-12, 01:36 AM
I myself would say that this theme was in some way hard.

And as you mentioned I don't see Epic/High Fantasy on some of the pictures, but that maybe cause of my understanding of the theme.

I for myself would ask for themes where you got a all known outfit like busnessman (Ok thats a bit to circumscribed), just to see how people hand just a well known thing.

Elder Tsofu
2011-04-12, 11:09 AM
Yeah, it's sad. Et tu, Tsofu, contra me?

Also, 'without fail'? :smalltongue:

*Points at "V"*

Still applies as I'm now presenting it. :smalltongue:

But I'll throw out some guesses anyway. :smallwink:

{table=head]Picture|Drawn To|Drawn by
Picture 1|Yldenfrei|Shades of Gray
Picture 2|Traker|GrlumpTheElder
Picture 3|Croverus|
Picture 4|Xelliea|Bradakhan
Picture 5|Gimligamer|
Picture 6|GrlumpTheElder|Szilard
Picture 7|smuchmuch|Felyndiira
Picture 8|Dr.Epic|
Picture 9|Felyndiira|Irbis
Picture 10|Bradakhan|
Picture 11|Zefir|Teutonic Knight
Picture 12||Mr. Saturn
Picture 13|Mr. Saturn|Araveugnitsuga
Picture 14||
Picture 15|Araveugitsuga|Smuchmuch
Picture 16|Ninjaman|Lilcoot
Picture 17|Shades of Gray|Yldenfrei
Picture 18|Akrim.elf|Ninjaman
Picture 19||
Picture 20||[/table]

Terry576
2011-04-12, 10:54 PM
I'd like to wishlist for the next time. Cause I keep forgetting to signup. ><

smuchmuch
2011-04-12, 11:01 PM
I think that would get the thread locked.

Not really, at long it doesn't go into complete spam or something against the rules, i doubt a moderator would go witht ti as long as you've got buisness poting here. (thread necromancy would another thing altogether.)

personaly I msut say that after two round witht heme, I'm not a fan. id don't feel they bring much to this.

Croverus
2011-04-13, 03:30 AM
So... computer decided to eat ALL my images... :smallfrown:
And it doesn't help that I can't post from work cause my work computers won't let me save anything. So yeah, none of those are mine... mine is gone, forever...
Lack of internet the past week prevented me from mentioning this sooner, sorry.
And I doubt I can post a week late, even if I got the extension work takes up most of my day (sleep devours the rest of it).

Sorry folks...

Edit: Still gonna try and remake the image so I can give it to the person.

Irbis
2011-04-13, 04:13 PM
So... that's, what, three failures and counting? :smalltongue:

Croverus
2011-04-13, 11:18 PM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/103/a/4/high_fantasy_avatar_entry_by_croverus-d3dy2gd.png

My first ever attempt at making an avatar. Using Paint.

Gimliggamer
2011-04-13, 11:30 PM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/103/a/4/high_fantasy_avatar_entry_by_croverus-d3dy2gd.png

My first ever attempt at making an avatar. Using Paint. Why not inkscape? It's free.

Fin
2011-04-14, 02:13 PM
Ok, again sorry for the delay but as those of you who were in the Structured Games section a while back will know, I have someone who is very close to me that can take suddenly and very seriously ill. Consequently I have been in and out of hospital for the last few days. Nevertheless, the show as they say must go on and this ring master isn't gonna buck the trend. So here... we... GOOOOOOOO!

Yldenfrei
http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq355/g24601/yirdinfryd.png
by Traker!
Traker
http://i53.tinypic.com/hvxwua.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2gwhs7b.pnghttp://i53.tinypic.com/2ry5455.png
by GrlumpTheElder!
Crover
http://i53.tinypic.com/6sfme0.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/mmbk8h.png
by Akrim.Elf!
Xelliea
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa116/greyshadow0/Portfolio/129.png
by Bradakhan!
Gimliggamer
http://s7.directupload.net/images/110406/awxmy9ot.png
http://s7.directupload.net/images/110406/t65mbmlp.png
by Zefir
GrlumpTheElder
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g28326.png?t=1302128129
by Shades Of Gray!
Smuchmuch
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6600/smuchmuchsmaller.png
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8616/smuchmuchfailed.png
by Felyndiira!
Licoot
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/6017/avatt.jpg
by Dr. Epic!
Felyndiira
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TZz0W3NhHqI/AAAAAAAABT8/21hpEmiOEl0/s512/Pony.png
http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TZy6WtUli5I/AAAAAAAABTs/Mn1wqfRJ_o8/F2.png
by Irbis!
Bradakhan
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/Bradakan.png
by Szilard!
Zefir
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/Athienel/zefir2.png?t=1301982134
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/Athienel/zefir.png?t=1301982089
by Teutonic Knight!
Teutonic Knight
http://i55.tinypic.com/315mz4p.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/167njv8.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/jginua.jpg
by Mr Saturn!
Mr Saturn
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2cr8zlx.jpg
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/SpaceAvatar.png
http://oi51.tinypic.com/2jfdu7t.jpg
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Space.png
by araveugnitsuga!
Dr. Epic
This only works like this for some reason so clicky! (http://img827.imageshack.us/i/thing.pdf/)
by Xelliea!
araveugnitsuga (and me!)
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/pinkyhigh.png
High Fantasy
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/pinkysummer.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/darkpinky.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/pinkyandtheF.png
by Smuchmuch!
Ninjaman
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/Gimliggamer/Ninjaman.png
by Gimliggamer!
Shades of Gray
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/ylden/DYF-ShadesofGreycopy.png
by Yldenfrei!
Akrim.Elf
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/Ninjamanhammer/Akrimelfavatar.png
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/Ninjamanhammer/Akrimelf.png
by Ninjaman!
Szilard
by Croverus!
Image 20
Sadly!

And the bonus was...
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/TafFIN.png
Me! By the very talented Smuchmuch!

And that's all folks. Thanks again to Smuchmuch for his brilliant act of Avatar generocity... now back to the hospital for me.

Ninjaman
2011-04-14, 02:33 PM
Isnīt this the first time that some have not arrived.

Irbis
2011-04-14, 02:34 PM
Hmm...

So, Szilard, ready to open a secret club? :smallbiggrin:

Szilard
2011-04-14, 06:11 PM
Yes... a secret club of secretyness, because our avatars are so ninja. Hi-ya! :smalltongue:

Ninjaman
2011-04-15, 12:18 AM
Yes... a secret club of secretyness, because our avatars are so ninja. Hi-ya! :smalltongue:

I am the ninja :smallfurious:

GrlumpTheElder
2011-04-15, 05:50 AM
Yay, all my guesses, except those for picture 8 and the subject of 14 were correct! :smallbiggrin:

Akrim.elf
2011-04-15, 12:38 PM
I apologize for its work in this round, but actually I had absolutely no idea ....
I am very sorry

and thank you for the fantastic avatar, but Memento would probably prefer a smaller sword .. with this not cut cake:) (yes, a pinch of irony in that: P)

Irbis
2011-04-15, 01:13 PM
I though your work was nice :smallfrown:

Ninjaman
2011-04-16, 04:28 PM
I apologize for its work in this round, but actually I had absolutely no idea ....
I am very sorry

and thank you for the fantastic avatar, but Memento would probably prefer a smaller sword .. with this not cut cake:) (yes, a pinch of irony in that: P)

Yeah but the theme was high fantasy.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-04-17, 09:30 AM
Hey. if you want/need any help with any future DYFs, I'd be heppy to volunterr myself...

Zefir
2011-04-21, 01:54 AM
I think draw a friend takes a breake since there is no new thread right?

Also Teutonic Knight what size is the pic? The forum allways tells me it's not in the 120x120 size.

araveugnitsuga
2011-04-21, 08:43 AM

Also Teutonic Knight what size is the pic? The forum allways tells me it's not in the 120x120 size.

It's already past two days?
I knew I was forgetting something important.

Akrim.elf
2011-04-21, 04:56 PM
Yeah but the theme was high fantasy.

i think, you fell this little ironic in text...
you avatar for me is realy great :)

Teutonic Knight
2011-04-21, 05:44 PM

They should both be 120 by 120. In any case, they upgraded the forums to not care about the size of the image (they just take the 120 by 120 upper left corner if it's too big).