PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 in RL (Aussie Apocalypse Version)

DragonOfUndeath
2011-03-29, 09:25 PM
Link to the main thread: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189905)
Note: This will probably be out-of-continuity with the others.

Part1:
I stood facing my former friend. We were at opposite ends of a battle-scarred street, the street was littered with the remains of spells effects stained the ground and dead bodies, looted of XP.
I trained the gun on him
"Give it up, the world has changed, and you must change with it Dave! The only rules now are those of Chaos and Power!" I called out, mentally preparing myself for the fight ahead. I looked at his Plate Armour, Plate gives a +8 but caps DEX at +1. I knew he was level 5, the same as me, I also knew I could take him especially with the distance between us.
"What of Honour? What of Compassion?" He called back, gripping his Holy Symbol of Pelor.
"They died with the old world. The Laws of D&D destroyed them." I stressed the word Destroyed as I sent a ray of fire (Burning Ray) from my forehead, it slammed unerringly into his forehead (10damage). He reeled back from the sudden blast.
"Why?" Was all he could say.
"For the Power" I took aim and fired.

1 week earlier
I woke to the sound of my alarm. BEEP BEEP BEEP it went before I shut it off. I lay there in my bed for a minute or two, trying to remember my dream. It seemed important that I do for some reason. Try as I might though, my memory failed me, the only thing I could remember was white.
I looked around at my room, it was incredibly messy with clothes and textbooks everywhere. I would clean it later today I decided.
As I was swinging out of bed I noticed it, a Character Sheet wedged underneath the alarm. I sometimes left stuff there I needed to do so I wasn't surprised. I grabbed it from it's place and started glancing over it.
It was rather standard stuff with 16Wis, 15Int, 12Cha&Dex, 14 in Con and a 10 in Str. It had two flaws, Peanut Allergy and Asthma.
I grabbed shirt from the floor to chuck in the hamper and looked up at the name for the character.
I dropped the shirt as I read it. The name printed on the Sheet was Gary Smithson, my name. With a start I remembered my dream.
I'm going to leave it here for now

Cookie to whoever figures out the Class of Dave and Gary first. (Hint: Dave is multi, Gary is not)

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-29, 09:31 PM
You know, Cogidubnus PMed us writers that there was actually going to be a worldwide apocalypse (not giving away any details!) when they hit epic-level. So this isn't the apocalyptic version. Though it is the australian version.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-03-29, 09:45 PM
This is the Aussie version where everything goes to pot within a day.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-29, 09:53 PM
This is the Aussie version where everything goes to pot within a day.

So no one successfully stops a 5th level character from throwing all of Australia into chaos?

DragonOfUndeath
2011-03-29, 09:56 PM
More like Everyone is the 5th level character.
In mine only those familiar with D&D can create themselves consciously but everyone was turned into a D&D character at level1
The corpses in paragraph 1? Not all made by Gary