PDA

View Full Version : What's Up Your Sleeve...

MoonCat
2011-03-31, 10:30 PM
...For April Fools?! Any interesting pranks planned? Any terrible practical jokes? Tell us about them!

I plan to
Booby trap our toilet with things that making exploding sounds under pressure.
Move the pictures on the walls to strange places.
Change all the clocks' time.
Hide all keys and various items.

Flame of Anor
2011-03-31, 11:29 PM
I'm considering rickrolling my computer science class.

Aidan305
2011-03-31, 11:43 PM
The moderator of my local games society seems to feel that we need help with writing our posts. He has therefore put Clippy on it.

My mind is still reeling from the horror.

Trog
2011-03-31, 11:46 PM
I plan to...

Aidan305
2011-03-31, 11:47 PM
I plan to...

Clever... very clever.

Mystic Muse
2011-03-31, 11:51 PM
I have the best plan ever. It will blow your mind!

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb443/Zernobog888/JustKidding.png

April fools :smalltongue:

Haruki-kun
2011-03-31, 11:54 PM
I'm going to rickroll people. Only instead of "Never gonna give you up".... they get... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0)

Flame of Anor
2011-04-01, 12:17 AM
Gah! I just barely managed to close the tab in time!

I will never, ever listen to that song. Not even once. My ears shall remain pure.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-01, 12:20 AM
Ehhh, it's not so bad once you get used to it. It's essentially a PG-13 version of Ke$ha's Tik Tok, except with more soul-crushing monotony.

As for my April Fools plans... I've no clue.

Amiel
2011-04-01, 12:20 AM
I plan on showing the following car commercial to everyone;
Car commercial, be sure to turn the volume up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOWwPP6HFzQ).

Dr.Epic
2011-04-01, 01:01 AM
Freeze Ray

Stops Time

Tell your friends

Moff Chumley
2011-04-01, 01:01 AM
I'm going to rickroll people. Only instead of "Never gonna give you up".... they get... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0)

DAMMIT RUKI. >:C

:smalltongue:

Car commercial, be sure to turn the volume up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOWwPP6HFzQ).

*jumps*

WHY. :smallfrown:

Skeppio
2011-04-01, 01:06 AM
I plan to...

You win this round, Trog.

As do you, Haruki.

As for me, I totally forgot it was April Fool's Day. Just lucky no-one pranked me at Uni today. :smalltongue:

Kneenibble
2011-04-01, 01:10 AM
I still haven't decided if this is too much --

I was going to call my father from a payphone, weeping, to tell him that my house burned down and could he come pick me up.

He was once a huge prankster himself so...

thubby
2011-04-01, 01:10 AM

is it odd that my first reaction was rightclick+s?

Haruki-kun
2011-04-01, 01:15 AM

I was going to call my father from a payphone, weeping, to tell him that my house burned down and could he come pick me up.

I think it is a bit too much. :smalleek:

As do you, Haruki.

As for me, I totally forgot it was April Fool's Day. Just lucky no-one pranked me at Uni today. :smalltongue:

Yay. :smalltongue: I gotta ask,though... I know the Internet generally celebrates April Fool's day, but is it common in other countries? I thought it was mostly an American thing?

EDIT: Mexico has a similar day, but it's on December 28...

Skeppio
2011-04-01, 01:26 AM

Even if he was a huge prankster, I'd still recommend shelving that idea. :smalleek:

Yay. :smalltongue: I gotta ask,though... I know the Internet generally celebrates April Fool's day, but is it common in other countries? I thought it was mostly an American thing?

EDIT: Mexico has a similar day, but it's on December 28...

I'm not sure, to tell the truth. I don't see widespread celebration of it, but my classmates at Uni mentioned it (one of the teachers mentioned he was going to pull a prank on the second-year students, but he didn't have the time :smalltongue:).

Candle Jack
2011-04-01, 01:37 AM
My brother pulled the greatest April Fool's Day prank later. Last year, I was walking home and he jumped out from the bushes and beat me severely with a shovel. When I woke up several days later, the pain from my injuries was so intense that I had to be heavily sedated to keep from screaming in agony. It took me hours to notice my hand was in a bowl of cold water!

Oh, what a kidder. But I got him good this year. I just hope he's not dumb to try and saw through the handcuffs, or he won't have enough time to get out of the warehouse before the fire gets too intense.

Vonriel
2011-04-01, 01:39 AM
My brother pulled the greatest April Fool's Day prank later. Last year, I was walking home and he jumped out from the bushes and beat me severely with a shovel. When I woke up several days later, the pain from my injuries was so intense that I had to be heavily sedated to keep from screaming in agony. It took me hours to notice my hand was in a bowl of cold water!

Oh, what a kidder. But I got him good this year. I just hope he's not dumb to try and saw through the handcuffs, or he won't have enough time to get out of the warehouse before the fire gets too intense.

You guys have the best April Fools' Day pranks. EVER.

Also, Candlejaaaaaa........

factotum
2011-04-01, 01:41 AM
Not a great fan of April Fool's Day myself...I am only hoping I can get through the day without some prank being played on *me*... :smalleek:

Phishfood
2011-04-01, 02:52 AM
This is how I am keeping myself entertained today:

(Large image)
http://phishfood.x10.mx/Untitled.png

Anyone else got something brewing? (and not the usual long stand or tartan paint jobs. Those are old)

Gaelbert
2011-04-01, 02:55 AM
I told my roommate "Tomorrow's April Fool's Day" when it was already past midnight. That's the extent of my trickery, however. I did think it was rather clever.

golentan
2011-04-01, 02:58 AM
You're a bit off, april fools day isn't till next week.

Nothing planned, really. I was going to brainstorm tomorrow morning. Maybe make some of my infamous five alarm cookies for my theater group (they haven't heard of them, these cookies have been known to cause spontaneous human combustion).

Morph Bark
2011-04-01, 05:10 AM

If you look closely, you'll see the thread is about April 1st, not April Fools' Day. :smallwink:

Phishfood
2011-04-01, 05:26 AM

Nothing planned, really. I was going to brainstorm tomorrow morning. Maybe make some of my infamous five alarm cookies for my theater group (they haven't heard of them, these cookies have been known to cause spontaneous human combustion).

I like it. Must try that next year. Could try the copier thing again too, lots of staff turnover here.

You may like these: http://www.firebox.com/product/2247/Red-Hot-Chilli-Jellies

and....so far 4 confirmed victims probably more unconfirmed.

Asthix
2011-04-01, 05:51 AM
Once back in grade school I found almost an entire box of 'carefree' gum in my parents storage freezer. Through a combination of age and freezer burn, the gum, though looking normal, tasted almost entirely like chalk and chewing it just turned it into bits of , well, chalk.

You'd be surprised how many people will actually accept gum from you on April fools day, if you ask nonchalantly enough. It is a great prank. Plus I've found that you can replicate this gum by buying any stick gum, (aka doublemint etc) removing the plastic wrap and leaving it in your freezer for a year.

Elm11
2011-04-01, 07:12 AM
Well, i did trick a couple of my friends into listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP887IpQL00 that, without telling them what it was. They all loved it, and the look on their faces when i told them was priceless.

KuReshtin
2011-04-01, 07:13 AM
I pranked my dad last year on April Fool's day.
I was scheduled to fly back to Scotland from a business trip in Norway on April 1st, so while i was sitting at the gate to the flight, I called my dad and told him that I wouldn't be able to get home as the flight had been delayed, and subsequently canceled.
It worked on him, because he knew how much I wanted to go back home after having spent 4 weeks in a hotel in Norway and he knew I had no money left since Norway's really expensive.

He freaked out a bit until he saw my sister standing next to him, grinning widely. I'd let her in on the joke and she wanted to see his expression when i told him.

Was funny.

This year, nothing planned.

As for the tradition of April Fool's in Sweden, newspapers usually put some bogus story somewhere alongside the regular stories, although they are getting quite unimaginative lately.
Also, there's a traditional rhyme that is usually said to someone you've pranked when you figure it's time to let them know they've been duped.

April, April, din dumma sill,
Jag kan lura dig vart jag vill.

Translation:
April, April, you silly herring,
I can trick you (to go) where ever I want.

Coidzor
2011-04-01, 07:16 AM
Nothing planned, but I haven't been able to get to sleep knowing that I'll end up waking up from being covered in slime or something unpleasant like raw eggs. :smallannoyed:

Which is probably actually the prank, keep me from sleeping so I get cranky and insensible. :smallsigh:

Strife Warzeal
2011-04-01, 07:21 AM
Well, i did trick a couple of my friends into listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP887IpQL00 that, without telling them what it was. They all loved it, and the look on their faces when i told them was priceless.

You are evil! Good joke though.

Ikialev
2011-04-01, 07:47 AM

What

And April Fools is an incredibly stupid day, it forces me to trust no one.

lesser_minion
2011-04-01, 08:33 AM

:eek:

Now I'm scarred for life. Congratulations.

Orzel
2011-04-01, 09:24 AM

April fools :smalltongue:

I know it's Pinkie. Did it twice already.

I currently have all the screws for the chairs at work lunch room in my pocket.

onthetown
2011-04-01, 09:53 AM
Are animals capable of playing April Fool's jokes? Because my horse and another pony that I ride pulled one on me, I think. My horse, Gus, is usually pretty high-strung and crazy, especially on trail rides; the pony, Molly, whom I ride for a friend, is very sweet, quiet, and sensitive, never puts a hoof out of line.

I took Gus on an early morning trail ride this morning and he was the sweetest little angel in the world. Walked sedately around the trails, didn't run for home as soon as we turned around, etc. And I haven't ridden in almost a week, so I expected him to be full of energy...

Well, I got on Molly and it was like somebody lit her tail on fire. Tore around the arena bucking and leaping and throwing herself into the walls and corners. There was rarely a time during the ride that I felt all four hooves actually on the ground.

So... April Fool's? Hahah... hah... *collapses*

Starbuck_II
2011-04-01, 09:57 AM
Awesome that your horses teamed you like that by switching.

blackfox
2011-04-01, 10:14 AM
I called up my dad at 8:30 am and told him that I got a couple of midterms back and was probably going to fail out of college. After he got over the initial shock of that, I decided that I probably didn't want to risk stringing him along, so I told him my boyfriend and I were going to elope to Vegas and make a new life for ourselves there.
To which he responded that that was a different matter entirely, and that he supported my decision, and if I wanted, he would give me his new car to make it easier to get to Nevada.
I'll probably get yelled at for this later, but was still fun.

EDIT post-threadmerge:
I managed to post my own prank in the other thread.

But at my workplace (>uni name< Outdoor Education) a bunch of people suspended everything in the offices from the ceiling. I was sadly not involved. If there are not pictures I will be furious.

Thufir
2011-04-01, 10:53 AM

April foals :smalltongue:

Fixed that for you.

I don't know if it's a global thing, but I was told at some point that you're only allowed to do April Fool's pranks before midday, so I always miss them by sleeping into the afternoon.

Keld Denar
2011-04-01, 11:05 AM
I was talking to one of my coworkers about trying to pull the desktop image trick on our boss. Basically, you take a screen shot of the persons desktop with the printscreen key, paste it into paint and save it as a .jpg, then set that jpg as their wallpaper. Then you take all of their desktop icons, throw them in a folder, and hide them somewhere on their hard drive. Lastly, minimize their taskbar and possibly pin it to the top of their screen.

The only problem is, the office has a screen saver that triggers password lock. We'll have to catch him when he goes to a meeting next, but that shouldn't be hard.

Mary Leathert
2011-04-01, 11:22 AM
Not planning on everyhting, and probably won't be pranked unless someone calls me, because the only place I'm going today is to buy groceries.

But yeah, we do have April Fools here in Finland, very similar to the Swedish ones mentioned before, i.e. stupid stories in newspapers, etc. Like this year one paper had a sotry about a beer factory that's closing down giving out free beer that has been left over. The factory is actually closing, but still...who would ever fall for that?

We also have a poem to go with revealing the prank:
Apprillia, apprillia
Syö silliä ja juo kuravettä päälle.

or in English
April, april (apprillia is actually nonsense, but whatever)
Eat herring and drink muddy water with it.

Erloas
2011-04-01, 11:34 AM
Something similar to the screen shot thing, in HS I found that it is very easy to use Visual Studio to create a program that simply creates a 100% transparent text box with no borders and covers the entire screen. Of course that was... maybe Win2k, probably 98, I don't know how well it would work now.

CarpeGuitarrem
2011-04-01, 11:57 AM
In collaboration with some friends, we posted fake class cancellations and professors cancelling class all around our university's academic halls.

Dr. Pepper
Dr. Seuss
Professor Plum
Dr. Jekyll
Dr. Horrible
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Emmett “Doc” Brown

I wanted to add The Doctor, but apparently that got nixed.

PHL 362: The Philosophy of Tautology has been cancelled due to The Philosophy of Tautology being cancelled.

ART 327: Underwater Basket Weaving has been cancelled due to severe drought.

PHL ∞: The Philosophy of Fate has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

HST 404: History of French Military Victories has been cancelled due to lack of material.

POL 331: Introduction to Anarchy has been cancelled due to disorderly conduct.

ACC 327: Ethical Accounting has been cancelled due to missing funds.

ZOM 101: Zombie Apocalypse Survival has been cancelled due to shotgun shortage.

SWM 357: Scuba Diving has been cancelled due to Ohio River pollution.

FIX 101: Duct Tape Ingenuity has been cancelled due to the invention of Gorilla Glue.

CSC 249: Advanced Card Cataloging has been cancelled (404: Professor not found).

COM 364: Elementary Clairvoyance has been cancelled, but you should know this already.

[REDACTED] 101: Studies in Paranoia has been postponed till a safer time.

Perenelle
2011-04-01, 12:05 PM
I don't think I've ever really done anything for April fools, but if I was a band teacher and had a spare violin I didn't care about I would totally do this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb-AO2ijvtQ&feature=player_embedded).

Mordokai
2011-04-01, 12:09 PM
I plan on sitting here in my room, waiting for this horrible day to pass.

So far, so good.

Eldan
2011-04-01, 12:40 PM
Our paper ran a story:

"Federal office warns: Local beer may contain ethanol"

Followed by three interviews with chemists, describing the symptoms of ethanol poisoning.

Lolzords
2011-04-01, 01:11 PM
I explicitly told my friend I was going to prank him at some point today, and he's nervous about it. Making him nervous is the prank in itself. April fools. :smallcool:

Form
2011-04-01, 01:27 PM
In collaboration with some friends, we posted fake class cancellations and professors cancelling class all around our university's academic halls.

Dr. Pepper
Dr. Seuss
Professor Plum
Dr. Jekyll
Dr. Horrible
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Emmett “Doc” Brown

I wanted to add The Doctor, but apparently that got nixed.

PHL 362: The Philosophy of Tautology has been cancelled due to The Philosophy of Tautology being cancelled.

ART 327: Underwater Basket Weaving has been cancelled due to severe drought.

PHL ∞: The Philosophy of Fate has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

HST 404: History of French Military Victories has been cancelled due to lack of material.

POL 331: Introduction to Anarchy has been cancelled due to disorderly conduct.

ACC 327: Ethical Accounting has been cancelled due to missing funds.

ZOM 101: Zombie Apocalypse Survival has been cancelled due to shotgun shortage.

SWM 357: Scuba Diving has been cancelled due to Ohio River pollution.

FIX 101: Duct Tape Ingenuity has been cancelled due to the invention of Gorilla Glue.

CSC 249: Advanced Card Cataloging has been cancelled (404: Professor not found).

COM 364: Elementary Clairvoyance has been cancelled, but you should know this already.

[REDACTED] 101: Studies in Paranoia has been postponed till a safer time.

Those are pretty funny, I love 'em. :smallbiggrin:

As for me, I just ignore April fool's day. Fortunately, no one tries to mess with me specifically either, so there's no need for retaliation either.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-04-01, 01:58 PM
Saying I'm now Shorthaired on FB.
Also this, saying I'm coming back. While I'm not. :P
Drat that they want pics first before they believe anything...

CarpeGuitarrem
2011-04-01, 02:27 PM
Saying I'm now Shorthaired on FB.
Also this, saying I'm coming back. While I'm not. :P
Drat that they want pics first before they believe anything...
It wasn't April 1st, but I did once pull the "shaved head" gag on my friends. Photoshopped it quite handily.

RS14
2011-04-01, 02:33 PM
The admins on our dorm Minecraft server switched the normal world out for the Nether.

blackfox
2011-04-01, 02:35 PM
I explicitly told my friend I was going to prank him at some point today, and he's nervous about it. Making him nervous is the prank in itself. April fools. :smallcool:I did that to a teacher of mine in high school, one who was known for hysteria. It was pretty great. :smallbiggrin:

KuReshtin
2011-04-01, 02:46 PM
DD is now my brother on FB.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-04-01, 03:30 PM
So. We drank most of a can of Coke. Then we took a thing of really hot hot sauce, and poured most of it into the can of Coke...

We then offered it to a girl we know, who eats or drinks ANYTHING, and has no spice tolerance. She takes a big swig, and kinda freezes, and puts down the can slowly. The best thing is, ANOTHER FRIEND takes the can and drinks some. This is just in the beginning of class. They both... had to leave and wash their mouth out with water.

It was hilarious, if only because in addition to getting the girl we wanted to get, we got another girl too! :smallbiggrin:

Barbin
2011-04-01, 04:02 PM
I got slapped in the face with a melon. Hilarious.

Ranger Mattos
2011-04-01, 04:05 PM
My mom's birthday is April 1st. Birthday parties are always fun :smallamused:

RandomNPC
2011-04-01, 04:10 PM
Luckily I nibble on cream filled doughnuts to check the filling before I take a big bite, because today I got a ketchup and pepper one. Someone else got a mustard and yogurt one, and ate almost the entire thing.

The bosses daughter is a bit of a jerk, so nobody expected it out of her. But then she went around bragging, and despite my catching it she spent a good two minuets giving me a bunch of "Got ya!" comments.

Lhurgyof
2011-04-01, 04:11 PM
Friday! Friday! Gotta get down (http://aniwanrave2.ytmnd.com/) on Friday!

Keld Denar
2011-04-01, 05:39 PM
The bosses daughter is a bit of a jerk, so nobody expected it out of her. But then she went around bragging, and despite my catching it she spent a good two minuets giving me a bunch of "Got ya!" comments.
There is only one revenge for this...you must hook up with the bosses daughter! Got ya!

:smallcool:

Syka
2011-04-01, 05:57 PM
Pulling the "I shaved my head" bit on FB right now. So far I've got one person who (apparently) believes me. Best part: I saw her at work today. XD I'm claiming I decided to when I got off. This is the first successful prank I've pulled off, really, and I'd been searching for one that wouldn't hurt anyone, etc.

Mostly, I'm waiting to see which of my friend's realizes it's April Fools Day, lol.

I can also get out of pics. I forgot my phone at Boyfriends (honestly!) and I can't find my camera cord (that one is annoying ><).

In other news, I made Oz promise that (if we get married) that we'll get married April 1st. Because no one will believe us. XD

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-04-01, 06:57 PM
Oh, today's also my parents anniversary.

averagejoe
2011-04-01, 09:33 PM
The Mod They Call Me: I went ahead and merged the two April fool's day threads.

Couldn't figure out an April fool's day spin on that, or I totally would have. >.>

CynicalAvocado
2011-04-01, 09:52 PM
cut the ends off of a handful of fake(but realistic) $20 bills and taped them to random images (THE GAME, trollface, trolldad, etc), and slid each prank bill under keyboards, in between lockers, and under doors

RandomLunatic
2011-04-02, 12:05 AM
This year, I was far too sick and homebound to pull any pranks. But a couple years back I had a real good one...

My dad had taken me out alpine skiing that day, and over lunch, he chided me to slow down before I hurt myself. And that was when I got my idea.

After lunch, I skiied on ahead, then stopped right at a point where a steep trail made a hard right, and dropped one of my poles there. Then I proceeded down the slope, dropping my other pole, goggles, hat, gloves... before finally reaching the bottom, where I deposited myself in a heap, one leg twisted in the closest approximation I could manage of an unnatural angle without dislocating anything, and waited.

Sure enough, dad comes along, and by acting like I am in a lot of pain, cinvince I have actually fallen and hurt myself. Right as he reaches the "what am I going to do?" stage, I stand bolt upright while yelling... well, guess. The look of relief was immediate.

And then he threw my discarded stuff 10 feet uphill and made me go get them. But it was worth it.

Teddy
2011-04-02, 03:00 PM
As for the tradition of April Fool's in Sweden, newspapers usually put some bogus story somewhere alongside the regular stories, although they are getting quite unimaginative lately.

Nah, that actually depends from case to case. The local radio talked about a failed purchasing of hyena suits by our municipality, alluding to a political scandal where one of our local politicians said on his blog that he wanted that benefit cheaters would be forced to dress themselves in hyena suits and stand outside the local supermarts carrying a sign saying... something... :smallamused: