PDA

View Full Version : I'm Looking for Homebrew Disciplines and Classes (recommendations please!)

YouLostMe
2011-04-01, 10:44 AM
So I got my hands on a ToB:Bo9S, and I got hooked on all this wonderful Tome of Battle stuff. In my desire to get more and more, I visited the Playground, since you guys have a reputation for cranking out lots of this stuff.

Currently, I have the 3 original classes from ToB, the 9 original disciplines, as well as the base classes and disciplines from Tome of Tactics. I'm planning on taking all the finished stuff from Libram of Battle, and I'm trying to surf through the mess that is Age of Warriors to find sufficient base classes. Right now here are my lists..:

Classes I Plan on Using:

Warblade
Swordsage
Crusader
Hunstman (playswithfire) [Tome of Tactics]
Mercenary (playswithfire) [Tome of Tactics]
Soldier (playswithfire) [Tome of Tactics]
Firebrand (playswithfire) [Tome of Tactics]

Tentatively Looking At:

Warlord (The Demented One)
Warlord (Errant-X)
Firedancer (Tatsel Ganav)
Martial Swashbuckler (PairO'Dice Lost) (I hear there's another one around the boards somewhere...)
Paladin of the Sublime Way (Eiji-Kun)
Mystic Cenobite (Eiji-Kun)
Dancer (DragoonWraith)
Stalker (Errant-X)
Knight (Errant-X)

Discplines I Plan on Using:

Devoted Spirit
Diamond Mind
Iron Heart
Setting Sun
Shadow Hand
Stone Dragon
Tiger Claw
White Raven
Circling Vulture
Crashing Wave
Giant's Grip
Life's Blood
Master's Voice
Wandering Eye

Discplines I'm Looking at:

Desert Wind (only if I use the Fire Dancer)
Iron Tortoise (simply because I want another discipline with "Iron" in its name :smallbiggrin:)
I have no clue...

So, I was wondering if you Playgrounders could help me out here. If I were to want, say, 3 more sublime classes with different themes from the ones I currently have, which would you recommend? In addition to that, which other discplines should I take (I love me some disciplines)?

The-Mage-King
2011-04-01, 03:49 PM
Check the Demented One's extended sig.

I also hear that that "The-Mage-King" guy makes some pretty cool stuff that. He links in his extended sig.:smalltongue:

playswithfire
2011-04-02, 08:13 AM
If you're going to be using the Tome of Tactics classes, you probably also want Iron Rain (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8103297&postcount=1) by dspeyer refactoring the disciplines of Fax Celestis and I_got_this_name and Twin Spirit (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40991) by The Demented One, since I referenced them in making those classes. (they're not in my thread because I didn't want to imply I wrote them, but they're linked in the first post there too)

Iron Rain would also be another Iron

unosarta
2011-04-02, 08:25 AM
A discipline that I wrote, the Open Tome (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188014) is significantly different in theme than the other disciplines that you mention. It is all about knowing the weaknesses of opponents, and utilizing them to strike effectively. It focuses on Knowledge checks and disabling opponents through conditions and effects, instead of high damage.

YouLostMe
2011-04-02, 12:47 PM
Ohhhh I'm seeing that now. I need to go print Twin Spirit and Iron Rain...

I shall be taking Open Tome. I really like how it's made (and that picture is fantastic!)