PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Creation: Always Recruiting

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Innis Cabal
2011-04-09, 05:35 AM
THE GOAL
The goal of Lords of Creation is to create a living, breathing campaign setting by playing a game in 36 short weeks. In this game, we play the gods of a world made by the mysterious Creator, and we become a small pantheon in our own right.

CREATING A GOD

At this point, new gods need to create an application

You start with

A name. Be serious. Pretty much all the gods here took an epithet, too.
A domain from the Available list.
A portfolio element somehow related to that domain
A holy (or Unholy) symbol
A favored weapon
Divine Status- What level of God you are
Class- A General description of what the God's role is in the Godly Realms. Is he a wise man, a tinkerer, a valient warrior?

Domains in the Available list are free for anyone to grab. Domains in the Claimed list are ones that deities have put some work toward claiming. Domains in the Taken list have been gained by a deity. Domains in the Contested list have been gained by two or more deities.
If the domain is free, then you may create the deity, assuming that you gain the necessary votes.

Please post your gods for approval in the following format, replacing the example in red with your own text:

Name/Epitaphs: Example the Example, Lord of Example
Domain: Example
Portfolio: Examples
Symbol: An Example
Favored Weapon: Name of Deities Weapon (type of weapon)
Divine Rank: Lesser God
Class: Maker of Examples

Brief Description: A description of perhaps a couple of paragraphs. At least, cover your deity's goals/personality/motivation. Just give us an idea of who your deity is.

An example:
<#>Kaern, the Steadfast
(DR:Lesser Deity)
Symbol: A clenched fist on a shield
Domains: Endurance
Portfolio: Discipline
Favored Weapon: Warhammer
Brief Description: Kaern appears as a tall human sculpted out of dark grey stone. He treasures all the creations of the playground, and does not want to see any of it annihilated. He does not take sides in mortal affairs unless a race is in serious peril of extinction.

PLAY

Every week of real time (Rollover is at 6PM PST/9PM EST on Thursdays) is a month of subjective time to the gods, and from 3-300 years to mortals (Narrative necessity determines how fast mortal time moves.)

Caste|AP/week|Max Evolutions
Hero-god|1|0
Demigod|2|1
Lesser God|3|2
Intermediate God|4|3
Greater God|6|4
Overgod|10|4

Overgods are odd, because they have ascended past worshipers. Instead, when they spend points, they do so to further some other god's goals or to make it look like some other god did something.

Points roll over, to a max of 10 * your Divine status. Demi-Gods count as a 1, Lessers as a 2, Intermediate count as a 4, Greater as a 6 and Over as a 7

You can spend points on the following activities.

1 Point Activities

Teach populous Introduces a pre-existing concept to a populace, for instance, you could teach magic to the elves. However, knowledge tends to spread, and other groups will pick up on it quickly.
Nourish populous Directly provides food, or other good conditions to a group for a limited amount of time.
Nourish land Causes an area of land to be bountiful.
Mold land Creates or alters a land feature. You could create mountains, forests, a swamp, or split off part of a continent. Not needed on a plane which is divinely morphic with respect to your deity.
Pestilence Harms a group, with drought, famine, disease, or infestations. Counters or is countered by Nourish Populace
Create Subrace Creates a subgroup of an existing race, with enough physical or cultural differences to merit a change in racial abilities.
Join Pantheon Joins a pantheon; pantheons are described under two-point actions.

2 points

Create populace Creates a single player race, up to three related monsters(For instance, Griffons, Hippogryphs, and Lammasu), a group of very closely related monsters (Chromatic Dragons, Elementals), or a whole category of "natural" animals (For instance, sea animals, domestic animals, birds)
Create land Creates new land where there was none (in the middle of the ocean, in an empty plane). This is not necessary on a plane which is divinely morphic with respect to your deity.
Guide populace Vastly changes the beliefs or culture of your followers, declares war, or urges them to some other action. This action may be used on other God’s Flocks, but it is encouraged to speak with the player before taking such actions.
Create Organization Creates a country, religious sect, or other major organization.
Create portal Creates a permanent connection between points on two planes.
Gain Domain Adds a Domain to your list. You must have a related portfolio element, and have spent 9 other points on actions that relate to the portfolio. Demi-Gods require one extra Domain to advance to Lesser God status.To advance to Intermediate deity status, you must have at least 3 domains. To advance to Greater, you must have at least 5.
Gain Portfolio Element This is required to gain domains, and helps to flavor your deity. The act of acquiring a portfolio does not count for gaining a domain.
Lock/Unlock Plane You stop entry or exit from a plane you control for any deities or mortals you choose. Gods two steps above your Divine Status do not need to spend points to pass into the plane.
Create Pantheon The god who uses this action and one other consenting god become members of a new pantheon. The god who uses this action becomes the ruler of the pantheon (He does not have special power over the other gods; but he does have admin rights to the pantheon). For every two members, a pantheon can have one purpose. The pantheon gains a special AP pool which can be spent to advance a purpose of the pantheon; the pool gains 1 AP a week for every two members of the pantheon.
Divine Creation: Divine creations are objects, idea’s or more esoteric things that could not exist in the natural world without the God’s interference. This could be a system of Magic, a powerful mortal artifact or building made of items far too rare for mortals to have in large quantities, or even birth a unique entity into the world that defies the laws of nature. Monsters created this way are directly under the Gods control.
Divine Ascension: Raises your God's Divine Rank one step after completing the necessary actions. Lesser gods must spend an additional 3 AP before this action opens, Intermediate must preform 10, Greater 20 and Over Gods 50. Demi-gods do not need to spend any additional AP.

3 point

Beget god Creates a new Demi-God level deity under your control. Creating a new deity for a new player to join the game does not cost AP. You may only create One deity this way,
Create Artifact Creates a Battle or Utility Artifact. Battle artifacts aid you in combat. Utility Artifacts can do almost anything else, but should be discussed before you create them, and may cost additional AP.
Create Divine Herald:The Create Divine Herald is a blanket AP power that can create one of the following entities under direct control of a God.

Avatar: An Avatar is a deliberate decent of a Deity either from the Divine Realms or Demi-Gods in the mortal realm, a physical body for the spiritual entity to work through. Avatar’s can take on any form the God desires, typically an animal that is sacred to them or a human form that is close to their meta-physical splendor. Avatar’s can be used to channel AP from a God, appearing as if the Avatar is creating the action despite the direct connection to the God itself. Slaying an Avatar is possible but only through divine means. Avatar’s lost this way cost a Deity 3 AP upon their death, and resurrect 3 weeks +1 per Divine Status later in a different form. Gods can spend 2 AP to reduce an Avatar’s death by a week.

Ex: D&D Avatars

Personification: A personification is a small piece of a Gods power sent to accomplish a single task. The Personification can exist for up to a week +1 per Divine Status or until the task is complete, before extinguishing itself, the AP used to create it returning to the Deity. Personifications can be slain by mortal means. If a Personifaction fails in its task or dies, it returns 1 AP to the God of it's origin.

Ex: Forest God- Princess Mononoke

Prophet: A Mortal inspired and directed by the direct will of a Deity. Prophets can only be created in a Flock that has been subject to a Guide Populous action, and are fully mortal. Prophets slain through any means do not incur AP loss.

Ex: Nakayama Miki

Oracle: Like the Prophet Action, the Oracle is a sooth sayer and window to the events of the future. Also like Prophets, the Oracle is of Mortal make, and does not acquire an AP cost upon its death.

Ex: Oracle of Delphi

Incarnation/Manifestation: An Incarnation is a fraction of a Deity’s will and energy born into a mortal shell. While not truly the God itself, the Incarnation acts as an improved Mortal, most often leading nations or at the center of great or terrible things.

Ex: Kurma, Tortoise Avatar of Vishnu

Divine Hero: Unlike the rest of the Avatar Actions, the Divine Hero is not born or directly created by a God, instead being infused with a Deity’s favor after he is born. Divine Hero’s are Mortals, peerless warriors who fight in the name of a cause or country aligned with the Deity that blesses his favor. Divine Hero’s can be slain by mortal means, but are legendarily strong and hearty, taking on far more than a normal creature ever could. When a Divine Hero dies, they return to the God’s side.

Ex: Achilles ( you didn’t see this one coming?)

A God may have up to 3 Divine Heralds, and additional Heralds based on it's Divine Status (Demi-Gods-1, Lesser Gods-2, Intermediate Gods-3, Greater Gods 4). Overgods are unable to have Heralds, and any Heralds that exist when a Deity assume an Overgod Mantel die, costing the Overgod 2 AP per Herald slain in this manner. Unlike other Gods, these Heralds do not return in three weeks. Create Plane Brings a new plane into being. The creating deity chooses the characteristics of that plane. These Planes of existence can exist either overlapping the mortal world (co-terminus) or outside the Mortal Plane. Co-terminus planes appear as the mortal world, but can function differently at the whim of the God that created it. Despite overlapping the Mortal Plane, co-terminus planes cannot be passed through by mortals without a portal, but creatures that inhabit the co-terminus plane may not be under such rules.
Evolve Physically Permanently increases your weekly AP gain by One. This is usable once per caste that your deity has obtained, and not more than once per week. For example, a deity that starts at a Lesser God can evolve the first week, and again the second week, but after that, they must reach Intermediate Deity status before they can evolve again
Gain Extra domain slot Adds a slot for an extra domain. By default, Demigods have a maximum of 4 domains, Lesser Deities 5, Intermediate Deities 6, and Greater Deities 8. Your Alignment domain counts toward these limits.

Please write point spending like this
(New Total= Old Total - Expenditures(what it was sent on))

EX
(0= 3AP - 3 (Create Concept:Grilled Cheese Mage))

You can role-play what the mortals are doing in your flock only. However, remember, the power level won’t be astronomical.

Now a year is, of course, 12 of our weeks. This will last a long time. This is a game to make a full campaign setting, with a full mythos, timeline, feel and cultures. This is a game of cooperation and discussion as much as it is a game of Gods fighting amongst themselves while the Mortal World spins madly on.

Hello all, I've not been around this parts much, but since World Building has it's own section now I figured I would try my best to revitalize the old Lords of Creation. The exercise came to Giants in the Playground about three years ago, and over that time it's evolved into a more gamey type of experience less on building an organic world and more on Player v. Player style interactions. My hope is to bring it back to it's roots and see it run it's course with those who are actively interested in game world creation.While there is a portion that is role play and interaction with players, the focus of such is to create realistic interpersonal relationships with the world and the God's themselves. Without further ado, I submit it to you, the World Building Populous.

Important Information

Roll Over is 9PM EST every Thursday.

The Players

Akma: Armin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10745421&postcount=11)
Raven777: The Raven (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10744963&postcount=9)
erictheredd: Quanirti (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10757425&postcount=14), Glithnor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10797609&postcount=170)
Tydorei: Rashnu (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10757931&postcount=16)
Arudin: Aesun (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10758224&postcount=17)
Ajadea: Æmara (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10758276&postcount=18)
Innis Cabal: Yen (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10752619&postcount=13), Sai'Yang (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10784094&postcount=103)
Kellus: Szaklebn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10759159&postcount=25)
blueboy: Rin Bur (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10760457&postcount=41)
Random_person: Tanek (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10739046&postcount=2)
Lord_Gareth: Jivalia (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10790732&postcount=117)
Harnel: Dumagaer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10783855&postcount=97)
planswalker: Kobgolian (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10790682&postcount=116)
nolispe: Venais (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10796510&postcount=155)

IC Thread Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194929&page=2)

Fortuna
2011-04-09, 06:01 AM
Interesting. I think I may enjoy getting in on one of these at the ground floor, so to speak. I assume that for now, everyone one is a Lesser God. What about this?

Name: Tanek, the Unending Wrath (DR: Lesser God)
Domains: Entropy
Portfolio: Destructive Anger
Symbol: A ten-pointed star, with a circumscribed and inscribed circle.
Favored Weapon: Tanek fights with his fists, too absorbed in his eternal rage to distance himself from his opponents.
Class: Tanek has no position. He is the eternal outcast, forever seeking a way in at the edges of the world.

Brief Description: Tanek seldom has fixed form. When he is present, he makes himself known by putting his words in others' mouths. When he does manifest, it is impossible to see his form clearly: merely by his presence he clouds vision with the red mist of his rage. It is said that he himself does not know his appearance, so powerful is his anger.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-09, 06:03 AM
I'm pretty sure you want the Recruitment Thread for this.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-09, 06:22 AM
I'm pretty sure you want the Recruitment Thread for this.

The Recruitment Thread is for games, and while I'm sure I could get a fair few people (And have in the past when it was more a game then a project), this is a World Building Project so I'd imagine it could just as easily go in the World Building Sub-Forum since that is the intended purpose. This is where the very first Lords of Creation was posted back when we didn't have the Sub-Forum and plenty of other community World Building Projects have been fielded here after it. Thanks for the concern though :smallsmile:

Name: Tanek, the Unending Wrath (DR: Lesser God)
Domains: Entropy
Portfolio: Destructive Anger
Symbol: A ten-pointed star, with a circumscribed and inscribed circle.
Favored Weapon: Tanek fights with his fists, too absorbed in his eternal rage to distance himself from his opponents.
Class: Tanek has no position. He is the eternal outcast, forever seeking a way in at the edges of the world.

Brief Description: Tanek seldom has fixed form. When he is present, he makes himself known by putting his words in others' mouths. When he does manifest, it is impossible to see his form clearly: merely by his presence he clouds vision with the red mist of his rage. It is said that he himself does not know his appearance, so powerful is his anger.

Looks fine for now :smallsmile:

But yes, Lesser is the starting point.

akma
2011-04-09, 07:46 AM
I thought about a god of impulses, but I guess that technically involves rage, so I might change it.
Anyways, I got a few comments:
1. The list of available domains is rather small, and I`m not realy excited about any of them. I doubt I`ll play a god of anything physical, so that leaves entropy and creation for me.
2. Will there be forces not controlled by any of the players?
3. How many players will be?
4. With how much AP will we start?
5. How much conflict between the players is expected?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-09, 07:52 AM
I thought about a god of impulses, but I guess that technically involves rage, so I might change it.
Anyways, I got a few comments:
1. The list of available domains is rather small, and I`m not realy excited about any of them. I doubt I`ll play a god of anything physical, so that leaves entropy and creation for me.
2. Will there be forces not controlled by any of the players?
3. How many players will be?
4. With how much AP will we start?
5. How much conflict between the players is expected?

1. The list there is merely the domains available at the start. Think of this very much like Greek or Nordic mythology where Gods are born. More Gods of a multitude of things can be born, and played by other players. That is actually a big part of the dynamic and organic element that is hoped for.

2. It's a high possibility but totally up to how the game goes or if it goes.

3. As many that sign up.

4. 18 and then you get your weekly allotment after.

5. If past games are any indication, it varies. No real way to gauge or guess.

invinible
2011-04-09, 04:46 PM
Name: Jenbi3#vnbi
Symbol: A semi-transparent computer disk
Domains: Creation
Portfolio: Entertainment
Favored Weapon: Power Ring
Class: Player
Brief Description: Jenbi3#vnbi enjoys a challenge so much that if he can't find 1, he is willing to go out of his way to make 1. Even going so far as to create whole new multi-verses just to get a challenge. If he ever turns down a challenge or doesn't call for a challenge he would find to be fun when he has the opportunity to, it isn't because he isn't interested but because he is focusing on other challenges at that time.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-09, 06:15 PM
He's a bit high tech and powerful for starters. Creating whole Multi-vere's as a lesser god seems a bit much :smallredface:

Raven777
2011-04-10, 02:34 AM
Name/Epitaphs: The Raven, The Trickster God
Domain: Entropy
Portfolio: Mischief, Change, Faerie
Symbol: A handful of black feathers
Favored Weapon: None
Class: The Raven appears as a large flock of crows curiously eying its surroundings. In the playground of creation, its game is to subvert the work of other Gods. Mortals are playthings to it, there to be nudged in interesting directions regardless of wars and sides. In the first weeks of Creation, the Raven took a keen interest in all the forms of change as entropy and created the Fey planes and their denizens the Sidhes.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-10, 02:57 AM
Generally there is only one God per Domain, but if you both are O.K with it you can share the slot. We have done so once before and it made quite an interesting case.

akma
2011-04-10, 05:41 AM
Parts in red added after the game started.

Armin, god of guidence (I might change the name)
Those who deserve guidence and protection, shall recieve it. Those who don`t, shall be lost and perish - A phrase commonly uttered by Arminian priests.
Domain: Earth. Reincarnation, death, metals
Portfolio: Guidence and protection, Spirits, Metalmen, Hubris.
Holy symbol: Shield with armor engraved in it.
Favored weapon: Mace, but encourages shield bashing.
Divine status: Intermediate deity with 3 evolutions. That means I get 7 AP per week.
More info: Armin mainly seeks to guide mortals, rather then interfering directly. When he or his clerics are decide to interfere directly, they interfere as little as possible. He decided that metals would be hard so they could be used for protection, and when he wants to create something, he prefers to use the ground around him for that.

Points spent on each portfolio:

Guidenace and protaction: 3
Creating the guiding spirits +2
Creating the ushering spirits +1

Spirits: 13
Creating the guiding spirits +2
Ordering the guiding spirits to focus on the metalmen +2
Creating the spirit plane +3
Creating the death spirits +2
Creating the spirits of war +3
Creating the ushering spirits +1

Metalmen: 8
Creating the Metalmen +2
Ordering the guiding spirits to focus on the Metalmen +2
Ordering the spirits of prophecy to tell the metalmen of my existence and etc +2
Creating the holders of the black bracelet and my religion +2

Hubris:
Nothing currently.

List of things I did
1. Creating the guiding spirits. There are currently 8 kinds: fear, prophecy, destiny, desicions, paths, inspiration, understanding, ushering (their leaders and finders of holders of the black bracelet). Each tells
2. Creating the metalmen, a race of humanoids made of tin with eyes around their head. They eat the ground itself.
3. Making one gem in the gem rings that orbits the world shine especially strong.
4. Creating the spirit plane.
5. Creating the death spirits. There are 6 types: Those who rule the death spirits, those who shape the spirit world, the death messengers that lead the dead to the spirit world, the protactors of the spirit world, those who manage the reincranation, and the judging spirits who decide the destiny of the dead.
6. Creating the holders of the black bracelet, that have incredible powers, and were originally mortals who were regulary accompanyed by 4 or more types of guiding spirits.
7. Creating the spirits of war. There are 8 types, led by the commanding spirits. The rest are: Spirits of rage, of stratagy, of presicion, of speed, of might, of endurance, of hardness (they simply make things harder).

Innis Cabal
2011-04-10, 05:07 PM
Looks good, was going to ask how he tied in at first to Earth but I see now. :smallsmile:

Innis Cabal
2011-04-11, 06:06 AM
Yen, the Revered Smith
Demi-God
Domain: Fire
Portfolio: Rebirth, Physical Beauty, Literature
Symbol: A super heated anvil
Favored Weapon: A smith's hammer

Description: Yen appears as a man made of gold, his veins glowing through his flesh in iridescent shades of red and orange. He wears a simple kilt of black leather around his waist, his chest scarred by the fangs of some unknown beast.

Yen seeks to create and to nurture all things in the privacy of his forge. He views his siblings as mere creations like himself though is always happy to lend his aid to them if they so desire it.

erictheredd
2011-04-11, 07:19 PM
how will the other Gods fit in? will they be agents of the old Gods? will other players "let" them in by spending their precious points? I personally have an idea for a pair of brothers, one representing light and the other representing dark, who constantly feud and are essentially one diety because whatever one does the other will immediately act to counter it.

if not, here is an idea for water (just an idea)

Quanirti, Queen of waves
Lesser diety

Domain: water
Portfolio: Patience,Ocean
Symbol: a wave
Favored Weapon: net

Quanirti seeks quiet power in her motions, constantly moving, constantly the same. Her goals are unclear even to siblings, but she appears to believe that eventually she will possess everything. If so, she is quite willing to wait to do so, but gives a great many favors to others, mostly for payment at a later time, and often has them perform her most direct tasks. She regards mortals as tools, just like anything else, and is quite generous, but eventually, she will come for payment.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-11, 07:35 PM
how will the other Gods fit in? will they be agents of the old Gods? will other players "let" them in by spending their precious points? I personally have an idea for a pair of brothers, one representing light and the other representing dark, who constantly feud and are essentially one diety because whatever one does the other will immediately act to counter it.

if not, here is an idea for water (just an idea)

Quanirti, Queen of waves title will probably be changed
Lesser diety

Domain: water
Portfolio: Patience
Symbol: a wave
Favored Weapon: net

Quanirti seeks quiet power in her motions, constantly moving, constantly the same. Her goals are unclear even to siblings, but she appears to believe that eventually she will possess everything. If so, she is quite willing to wait to do so, but gives a great many favors to others, mostly for payment at a later time, and often has them perform her most direct tasks. She regards mortals as tools, just like anything else, and is quite generous, but eventually, she will come for payment.

Other Gods are let in by being "sired" of sorts though this action does not take any points from the players as that would be unfair to both sides. Godly Linage's are interesting aspects to play off of, and are encouraged as often as possible.

You are more then open to play a pair of Gods that act as a single entity, though they'll count as a single entity for point generation and the rules. The Water God looks good as well.

Tydorei
2011-04-11, 08:20 PM
Name: Rashnu the Judge
Domain: Creation
Portfolio: Balance
Holy Symbol: http://th05.deviantart.net/fs17/PRE/f/2007/132/b/2/Scales_of_Justice___01_by_LunaNYXstock.jpg
Favored weapon: Flail
Divine Status: Lesser Deity
Description:http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2033/theheavenjudgebywenart.jpg
Personality: To the eyes of most beings, Rashnu appears to be an apathetic Deity unmoved by the actions of others. But in reality the actions of others is all Rashnu is really passionate about. Existence is filled with many marvelous things. And all of them naturally come in pairs... as they should. At her creation Rashnu took it upon herself ensure that this remains so for she is pleased with the symmetry of things, though one wouldn't know due to her stoic posture. Seeing her siblings all gaze at a particular world, she too turns her gave upon it to ensure it remains in balance.

Arudin
2011-04-11, 08:59 PM
Name: Aesun, the New Dawn
Domain: Creation
Portfolio: Spontaneity
Holy Symbol:Strands of symbols and colors, weaving together to form a mighty tree. Basically, imagine the following picture, but with words and colors instead of musical notes http://lithe.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/music_tree.jpg
Favored Weapon: Axe
Divine Status: Lesser Deity
Class: Mad Scientist (Arcanist?)

Description: At first glance, Aesun's physical appearance is not that different from that of a typical man. He is tall and thin, and his face has a mildly gaunt look to it, but there's nothing there that's really out of the norm. It's his eyes that normally get to you first. They shift, from silver to black, from human to beast, exuding a whirlwind of emotions all the while. After that, comes his skin, which has a subtle, ephemeral quality to it, almost as though it's made of flesh colored light.

The entirety of Aesun's divine doctrine can be summed up in a single word: CREATE. Anything else is a fabrication of mortal minds, meant to control the various groups of his followers. As such, his place in myth changes from culture to culture and from sect to sect, oftentimes becoming the patron of craftsmen and artists, but occasionally he is viewed as the god of necromancers or warmongers.

Aesun, above all else, is a creator. The result, the implications, the appearance, these mean nothing to him. It is the process itself he is enthralled with. As such, he rarely interferes with the machinations of the other deities, except in the rare occasion that he has a favored creation that he wishes to protect, or if it affects his ability to build.

Ajadea
2011-04-11, 09:04 PM
Name/Epitaphs: Æmara, The Defiant, Shadow of Creation
Domain: Earth, Life
Portfolio: Choices, Halflings, Secrets and Forgotten Knowledge, Free Will
Symbol: A thing (generally a person, but sometimes an ankh or orb) balancing on something thin or otherwise unsuitable to stand on (needle/rock spire/glaive point), with many tiny threads attached to every part of it. The other ends of the threads are connected to symbols or depictions of other things, so that any movement from the thing in the center brings a web of things crashing down.
Favored Weapon: Glaive
Divine Rank: Demigod+1 Evolution
Class: Trickster

Description: Æmara is small, lithe, weighs little, and looks like if she fell over she would shatter into a million pieces. Her flesh is pale and cold to the touch, fading to translucence below elbows and knees, so that you can actually see through her hands with a reasonable degree of clarity. Her eyes and lips are blood red, and her obsidian-colored hair refuses to come out of its perpetually tangled state. She casts no shadows and leaves no footprints.
----
Æmara lives for the moment, for now, rather than the future. Impulsive, impatient, wanting to see things change and live. She has no patience for creation, nor any wish to destroy. She simply likes people. She will do things simply to watch other people react, always pushing the boundaries of what is possible. In many ways, she thinks like a mortal, but her immortal lifespan keeps her from truly relating to them.

She is aware, barely, that her entertainment can cause destruction. But frankly, she doesn't care that much. Mortals come back quickly, always thinking one thing and then another, dreaming, hoping, creating and falling. And sometimes, there's a waif in a ratty cloak hidden among the bystanders. She really isn't what you'd call powerful, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

Domain qualifications:

Actions towards Choice-Related Domain

Teach Population: Spirit Magic (1) (removing influence of Armin)
8 points remaining

Actions towards to Halfling-Related Domain [Taken]

Create Halflings (2)
Teach Populace: Scavenge (1)
Teach Populace: Spirit Magic (1)
Teach Populace: Crafting (1)
Guide Populace (1)
Divine Creation: Universal Language (2)
Close Portal (2) [Ends Sarulitharas' Plague]
DONE
Actions towards Free Will-Related Domain

Teach Population: Spirit Magic (1) (removing influence of Armin)
8 points remaining

Actions towards Secrets-related Domain [AVAILABLE]

Create Plane: Kaimma, Sanctuary of the Sleepers (3)
Kaimma's Wall (2)
Guide Populace (Halflings, Humans, Kryptish) into forgetting the Plague (6)
DONE

Innis Cabal
2011-04-11, 09:25 PM
She looks good though I'm not particularly seeing an Earth aspect to her. I could see Wind/Air but it just seems a little strange for her to have the Earth Domain.

Ajadea
2011-04-11, 09:42 PM
Earth to me is the domain about life and living things, more than Air is. Think the animals running through the woods, rather than the rocks in the core of the world. Her appearance is meant to bring to mind a dead thing-as much a part of the circle of life as the people she loves. She isn't really elemental in any way. If you want me to move her to Air I can, it wasn't a particularly integral part of who she was.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-11, 09:57 PM
No, that's an appropriate reasoning there :smallredface:

Since most submissions have been quite good, and I've offered this to other people I'm just going to make this a sweeping statement to those who are fine with compromising and sharing. Any submission that shares a Domain with another can, both parties willing, share the Domain. This is of course meant to be in reason, up to three players can share a Domain so long as the three gods are varied enough from one another.

At the moment the Gods are as follows, considering everyone is fine with sharing. If not the better of the two submissions will be taken when we finish up.

{table]Domain|God 1|God 2|God Three|Player(s)
Earth|Æmara|Armin|
-|Ajadea, akma
Water|Quanirti|
-|
-|erictheredd
Fire|Yen|
-|
-|Innis Cabal
Wind|Szaklebn|
-|
-|Kellus

Creation|Aesun|Tydorei|
-|Arudin, Tydorei
Entropy|Rin Bur|Tanek|The Raven|blueboy, Random_person, Raven777[/table]

Ajadea
2011-04-11, 10:24 PM
Æmara and Armin are going to clash. A lot.

And I can't help but notice we have two societal Earth gods and no wild nature Earth gods, though Æmara is rather crazy.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-11, 10:28 PM
More Domains will open up as the game progresses and as we (hopefully) get more players. It's very possible that a Nature God is birthed that exemplifies wild growth and all that. Both Earth Gods are not very Earthy in the natural Earth Sense anyway :smalltongue:

This game is trying something new to begin with, normally only one God can exist so...it's going to be interesting just based off that.

erictheredd
2011-04-11, 10:29 PM
questions about rules, mostly pantheons:

does each God belong to only one pantheon? If not, it would seem the most effective way to accomplish something would be to set up a pantheon and let the points from the pantheon run the project. For example, forming a pantheon of "elements" and the pantheon's purpose is to build the basic form of the world without using personal power points.

This would encourage a pantheon for everything. If this is the case there ought to be a rule like every pantheon must have a unique combination of Gods. This would encourage a wide range of "projects" and give lots of points to build things, while personal points would be used to further a deity's private interests. This structure will allow for lots of points to fly around without having them be used for vendettas and such.

If each God can only belong to one pantheon, then each deity effectively has one extra point that must be used in a pantheon. This will encourage alliances and blocks, and more personalized creations

Also, what happens when a God leaves a pantheon, particularly the leader or one of two members?

Kellus
2011-04-11, 10:46 PM
Awesome, I've always wanted to do one of these, and the next few months are pretty open for me. :smallsmile:

Szaklebn, the Eight Winds
Pronunciation: Tsa-KLUN
Divine Rank: Lesser Deity
Symbol: A weather vane swinging in the wind
Domain: Wind
Portfolio Elements: Weather
Favoured Weapon: Scimitar

Description: Szaklebn, also known as the Eight Winds Who Are One, blows winds that carry his words everywhere in the world. He is usually depicted as a bare chested man in his prime with enormous lungs and eight mouths circling his torso that continually blow out wind. He is a capricious and unpredictable god that decides how the wind and weather blows. Farmers pray to him for rain, while sailors pray for calm skies.

It's said that sitting on a mountaintop he can hear everything said in the world below, as noise is carried on the wind to him. If he hears something he doesn't like, the mouth facing that direction stops blowing, heralding a dead calm which brings drought to that part of the land.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-11, 10:47 PM
A God can only be in one Pantheon at a time, for several reasons. One is to avoid abuse of the AP bonus granted by the Pantheon, the second is the jist of your third point. Pantheon's are Alliance's and "bloc's" as it were of like minded Gods that get together to fund projects they have equal interest in. Think the Vanir and Æsir as Pantheons. Each was inclinded to different things and even warred against one another. They married between one another but a God was still one or the other.

Pantheons are not required and the bonus AP is just that, a bonus. It isn't intended to be the bulk of creative energy in the game and the low number reflects that. Funding the entire game off Pantheon AP would be slow going, especially at the start as there are only nine Gods at the moment, which would net 4 AP a week, scant numbers for making the world. And that number would be if all the Gods all joined up into one, which would have one or two Gods start the bill.

Pantheons are both an RP thing and a rule thing, the rule and the cost more meant to reward a group of players but also give a cost so they don't get free AP for nothing. After two weeks or with four Gods the action pays for itself which does encourage it to grow, but I think it's fair to say even in the Elemental Gods, many of them won't join another's Pantheon on principle owing to the varying attitudes each God shares.

As for leaving a Pantheon, that is also an RP thing mostly though if two gods drop a Pantheon then you do lose 1 AP a week. The leader I suspect is who ever paid for it but that doesn't always have to be the case. That is a strictly RP thing, so I have no idea what would happen. If you're asking what happens if the person who spent the AP leaves the Pantheon, it still exists. It's made and the points spent so it's a creation in and of itself.

Players can share AP or even gift it to other Players so if you wish to pool your efforts you can still do with or without a Pantheon. That is not readily apparent so I'll add it to the Rules.

Awesome, I've always wanted to do one of these, and the next few months are pretty open for me. :smallsmile:

Szaklebn, the Eight Winds
Pronunciation: Tsa-KLUN
Symbol: A weather vane swinging in the wind
Domain: Wind
Portfolio Elements: Weather
Favoured Weapon: Scimitar

Description: Szaklebn, also known as the Eight Winds Who Are One, blows winds that carry his words everywhere in the world. He is usually depicted as a bare chested man in his prime with enormous lungs and eight mouths circling his torso that continually blow out wind. He is a capricious and unpredictable god that decides how the wind and weather blows. Farmers pray to him for rain, while sailors pray for calm skies.

It's said that sitting on a mountaintop he can hear everything said in the world below, as noise is carried on the wind to him. If he hears something he doesn't like, the mouth facing that direction stops blowing, heralding a dead calm which brings drought to that part of the land.

Looks good!

Kellus
2011-04-11, 10:55 PM
I'm looking through the rules and was just wondering about the rules for portfolio elements and domains. Correct me if I get anything wrong.

• Deities can pick any portfolio element they want when they buy a new one, even if it's not directly related to their current domain. For example, my wind god could pick the portfolio element of 'armadillos' even though that has nothing to do with wind or weather.

• Portfolio elements let you know what things you can do. So with my new portfolio including armadillos, I could make a race of armadillo-creatures to consume the planet. For example.

• Once I've spent nine points on the armadillo portfolio element, then I could buy the Domain which would traditionally include that element (Earth) and add it to my Domain list.

• Once you've done this twice as a Lesser God you have three portfolio elements and three Domains, and you advance in Divine Rank.

Is all that correct? I'm just trying to figure out how it's played.

EDIT: typo

Edit again: the name of the god is actually Szaklebn, it's just pronounced tsa-KLUN. :smallsmile:

Vadin
2011-04-11, 11:05 PM
Oh man! This! I wish I had free time again.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-11, 11:09 PM
I'm looking through the rules and was just wondering about the rules for portfolio elements and domains. Correct me if I get anything wrong.

Sure thing :smallsmile:

• Deities can pick any portfolio element they want when they buy a new one, even if it's not directly related to their current domain. For example, my wind god could pick the portfolio element of 'armadillos' even though that has nothing to do with wind or weather.

Yes, that's right. A Portfolio is something the God has an active interest in and is a "Patron" or "Governing Force" over.

• Portfolio elements let you know what things you can do. So with my new portfolio including armadillos, I could make a race of armadillo-creatures to consume the planet. For example.

You could do so without the Porfolio element. There is nothing keeping an Air God from making a set of Mountains for example. A Portfolio is...a because. Because your God has a strong connection to Armadillo's he claims them as something he watches over or works with to the other Gods. Two Gods can't share a Portfolio, they can share a Domain. Portfolio's are...in essence what you are the God -of- where the Domain is what sphere's of influence interact with. Hopefully that makes sense though here is an example.

Szaklebn is the God of Weather, not Wind/Air. If he picks Armadillo's up as a Portfolio he's also the God of Armadillo's.

• Once I've spent nine points on the armadillo portfolio element, then I could buy the Domain which would traditionally include that element (Earth) and add it to my Domain list.

The Armadillo Porfolio is a 2 point action on it's own and not linked to the three acts required for a Domain. You can do three 1 point actions and get the Domain after you buy the 2 Point Portfolio.

The system is this for Domain gaining.

Edit: I was going off the old Method. Yes, 9 points, Porfolio and you spend the AP to get the Domain.

• Once you've done this twice as a Lesser God you have three portfolio elements and three Domains, and you advance in Divine Rank.

You can advance to a higher Divine Rank, you don't -have- to. You can buy Domain slots. There is no limit on Portfolio Elements but those are the correct numbers for Ascension yes.

Edit again: the name of the god is actually Szaklebn, it's just pronounced tsa-KLUN. :smallsmile:

I noticed that as I was writing this so I'll go and fix it.

Oh man! This! I wish I had free time again.

Oh man! Me to!! Sign up and just wait until you have time perhaps?

Ajadea
2011-04-11, 11:23 PM
So, as an example, after the world is done, the first thing Æmara wants to do is start screwing with it. She has just enough AP to create a new race by herself, so she does, without asking the other gods first.

If she likes that race, she can become their patron goddess next week. She adds them to her portfolio. Now no one else can take that as part of their portfolio, just like she can't become the goddess of rebirth or Szaklebn can't become god of choices. Once she spends 9 points on them, she gets the new shiny domain associated with them (Mortality? Community? Life?)

Is that how it works?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-11, 11:27 PM
So, as an example, after the world is done, the first thing Æmara wants to do is start screwing with it. She has just enough AP to create a new race by herself, so she does, without asking the other gods first.

If she likes that race, she can become their patron goddess next week. She adds them to her portfolio, and once she spends 9 points on them, she gets the new shiny domain associated with them (Mortality? Community? Life?)

Is that how it works?

All Gods at the start of the game get 18 AP so she'd be able to do both and then some. You're correct though, she can get Race X as a portfolio, spend 9 points on the race or to further said race and then spends 2 AP for the shiny new domain.

Kellus
2011-04-11, 11:27 PM

If she likes that race, she can become their patron goddess next week. She adds them to her portfolio. Now no one else can take that as part of their portfolio, just like she can't become the goddess of rebirth or Szaklebn can't become god of choices. Once she spends 9 points on them, she gets the new shiny domain associated with them (Mortality? Community? Life?)

Is that how it works?

I don't think so. Before you can get a domain you need to have a portfolio associated with it. So you need to do three actions associated with a portfolio, you need to have the portfolio, and then you can buy an associated domain. So if you created a race, that would count as one of the acts, but you would have to do two more thematically related actions, buy a new portfolio, and then buy the domain.

... I think. :smalltongue:

EDIT: nevermind. I need to read the rules some more. :smallfrown:

Innis Cabal
2011-04-11, 11:29 PM
I don't think so. Before you can get a domain you need to have a portfolio associated with it. So you need to do three actions associated with a portfolio, you need to have the portfolio, and then you can buy an associated domain. So if you created a race, that would count as one of the acts, but you would have to do two more thematically related actions, buy a new portfolio, and then buy the domain.

... I think. :smalltongue:

EDIT: nevermind. I need to read the rules some more. :smallfrown:

No, that's correct. Though I accidently told you the old method. You need to spend 9 points in the revised rules. Sorry :smallredface:

The Race would count towards the Domain.

Kellus
2011-04-11, 11:32 PM
No, that's correct. Though I accidently told you the old method. You need to spend 9 points in the revised rules. Sorry :smallredface:

The Race would count towards the Domain.

Oh thank god. I was thinking I might have gone crazy.

Question: do you need to buy a new portfolio for each new domain? Or can use you just get a new Domain associated with a current portfolio? For example, I could link the hypothetical Domain of "Electricity" to weather through lightning, so if I spend nine points on lightning-related stuff can I just but the Electricity Domain then, or do I need to have a seperate portfolio element of 'magnetism' or 'lightning' or something like that first?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-11, 11:37 PM
Oh thank god. I was thinking I might have gone crazy

Sorry for the confusion, I've played in a good many of these, so I get the old rules and the new one's mixed up quite often. The method of Domain gaining is this, using the above example. God X makes Race Y. S/He wants to be the patron for said Race so spends the AP to gain them as a portfolio. If S/He desires a Domain associated with it S/he must preform more actions until the AP reaches 9 then spends the 2 AP for the Domain itself.

Question: do you need to buy a new portfolio for each new domain? Or can use you just get a new Domain associated with a current portfolio? For example, I could link the hypothetical Domain of "Electricity" to weather through lightning, so if I spend nine points on lightning-related stuff can I just but the Electricity Domain then, or do I need to have a seperate portfolio element of 'magnetism' or 'lightning' or something like that first?

This has come up in previous games and the honest answer is that it's a case by case basis. Weather is a fairly broad Portfolio so in it's case I'd say it'd need to be narrowed down with another portfolio such as "Natural Disasters" or something.

A good catch all (though certainly not the definitive answer here) is the less broad the Portfolio, the more often you'll be able to get a Domain without spending the AP for another portfolio. For example if a God of Knights has the Protection Domain and wants to pick up the Nobility Domain he'd be allowed to count Knights for both.

Kellus
2011-04-11, 11:39 PM
Sorry for the confusion, I've played in a good many of these, so I get the old rules and the new one's mixed up quite often. The method of Domain gaining is this, using the above example. God X makes Race Y. S/He wants to be the patron for said Race so spends the AP to gain them as a portfolio. If S/He desires a Domain associated with it S/he must preform more actions until the AP reaches 9 then spends the 2 AP for the Domain itself.

This has come up in previous games and the honest answer is that it's a case by case basis. Weather is a fairly broad Portfolio so in it's case I'd say it'd need to be narrowed down with another portfolio such as "Natural Disasters" or something.

A good catch all (though certainly not the definitive answer here) is the less broad the Portfolio, the more often you'll be able to get a Domain without spending the AP for another portfolio. For example if a God of Knights has the Protection Domain and wants to pick up the Nobility Domain he'd be allowed to count Knights for both.

Okay, sounds good. It's a very freeform roleplaying community game anyway, so I don't think there should be too many problems in play. Thanks for the clarification! :smallsmile:

erictheredd
2011-04-11, 11:40 PM
does the mortal plane already exist, or will someone need to create it during the first week?

Also, when do we start? if we are just starting with the first few Gods then there isn't a point in waiting --- unless someone else wants to be water so I can be a pair of feuding brothers

Innis Cabal
2011-04-11, 11:47 PM
I am juggling with the idea of the Mortal Plane existing. In previous games we have done so, and it'd be unfair to task the starting players to foot the bill for the creation of the world. So more then likely some form of Mortal Plane will exist before or at the time of the Gods birth.

As for starting, there are a few people who haven't agreed or disagreed that they'd be happy to share the Domain with others. So I'll give them some time before officially kicking things off. Some God's are also not finished fully.

As for your dueling brothers, perhaps you could retool your water God and pick up another domain/portfolio for the second brother in play?

For all Players, we've filled every Slot with at least one player. Those with more then one character, if you're fine with sharing please let me know. We'll start Wednesday sometime around 7 PM EST.

I'll send a PM to the three I'm waiting for specifically. I suspect the other will reply when she finishs her God.

Raven777
2011-04-12, 03:33 AM
I have no problem with sharing Entropy. The word covers a lot of different concepts and Tanek and my own character have different themes. Haven't seen a Rin Bur in the thread though. Who's that?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-12, 03:35 AM
He posted it here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10747194&postcount=2) where the two creation God's also came from. I asked them all to post over on this thread since it's the core one.

If I don't hear from everyone else at some point Wednesday then I'm going to just start with who we have. We've got one God for each slot and then some.

blueboy
2011-04-12, 03:41 AM
Rin Bur, the Spirit
Symbol: A clear empty vial.
Domains: Entropy, Nobility
Portfolio: Ascension
Favored Weapon: Dagger
Brief Description: Rin Bur is very solid in appearance and is formed out of grey stone, slabs and metals. He is stratlingly tall and possesses a powerful build and muscular frame. The first time the strangeness of this form is realized by a stranger is when they see the small iron dagger that he carries as his only weapon. Those that learn to know him better quickly learn that his form is completely anti-thesis of his true being.

Rin Bur preaches the importance of leaving the mortal fibre and the impure physical form. This does not mean moving into the Psionic, Energy or Spiritual forms (though they may be intermeditory steps) but instead an almost complete destruction that the mind of mortals (or even his fellow god) could not hope to comprehend.

Personality wise, Rin Bur is rather aspathetic to the affairs of his fellow gods. He's aware that they are unlikely to result in aid for his master plan but nor is he morally opposed to what they're likely to do. Saying that he does consider the divinities as being most likely to hold they key to his goal and is more likely to be with his fellows that in contemplation and self-discovery.

Fortuna
2011-04-12, 03:42 AM
Sharing's fine, it should be interesting. We've got three very different concepts for Entropy, and I don't foresee any particular difficulties arising (moreso than they always will, anyway).

Innis Cabal
2011-04-12, 03:50 AM
Alright, well with everyone seeming happy, we're waiting for Tydorei to finish her God up and say if she's fine with sharing and we'll be good to go.

akma
2011-04-12, 05:52 AM
Any submission that shares a Domain with another can, both parties willing, share the Domain. This is of course meant to be in reason, up to three players can share a Domain so long as the three gods are varied enough from one another.

Sure, I`m willing to share. There will be some conflict, but I`m sure we will manage.

At the moment the Gods are as follows, considering everyone is fine with sharing. If not the better of the two submissions will be taken when we finish up.

If you feel that there are too many players, you can always start another thread.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-12, 06:00 AM
Sure, I`m willing to share. There will be some conflict, but I`m sure we will manage.

Conflict and disagreement tend to be the motivators and the prime movers and shakers of the game. It'd be a boring existence if everyone got along all the time.

If you feel that there are too many players, you can always start another thread.

The number of players is fine, I only issued that so the game didn't get bogged down in waiting. It tends to kill games and that'd be a shame with such good players. I'd rather every submission made get to play which is why I didn't start the game now.

Also, if a person isn't alright with sharing (Which doesn't seem to be the case so this is purely hypothetical) then I was simply going to fall back to my original "Pick the better of the submissions" and let that fall as it may. More so to get the other people to make new Gods since their submission wasn't picked. That's not the case, so every submission made gets in as is. :smallsmile:

blueboy
2011-04-12, 11:18 AM
Is the IC going to be here or in the PbP part of the board?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-12, 02:56 PM
It's going to be in the PbP section but the OOC will be here at least for a while.

Tydorei
2011-04-12, 04:48 PM
I'll finish my application shortly. I'm was having trouble trying to decide upon changes. Trying to see if I should change Balance into Order...

Innis Cabal
2011-04-12, 05:09 PM
I'd say flip a coin, but if my opinion means anything I think she looks pretty good as is. Defiantly fits with the rest quite well. I'm also biased maybe because I played a balance god the first time I played in LoC

Tydorei
2011-04-12, 06:16 PM
Oh really. heh heh. I decided to keep it balance (before reading your post). And I think my app is finished.

And im fine with sharing creation.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-12, 06:33 PM
She looks good. Everyone's finished and writen up. I don't see why we can't start now.

Everyone gets 20 AP to play with to be spent -by- next thursday which will be Roll Over from now on.

The IC thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10765682#post10765682)

blueboy
2011-04-12, 06:45 PM
Are you sure its just nine?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-12, 06:48 PM
Are you sure its just nine?

Not anymore. *Goes to edit* I wasn't counting my self :smallredface:

Arudin
2011-04-12, 07:32 PM
I've got a question about gaining alignment domains. Basically, how would the 9 AP be counted? I know it'd be pretty easy for Law, but what about Neutrality or Chaos?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-12, 07:33 PM
I would say that Alignment Domains function differently then others. How does this sound. Alignment Domains cost 2 AP and can be bought when ever but do not count for a Domain for gaining a higher God Level but also doesn't count towards the Domain Limit either.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-12, 10:09 PM
Yen didn't make anything on the mortal world save the Magic Tapestry. The Rice Fields is his private Plane, just for clarification :smallredface:

Ajadea
2011-04-12, 10:17 PM
Ah. Fixed.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-13, 03:33 AM
Only Demi-Gods can walk the Moral World there Raven, Lesser Gods are blocked by the shield.

blueboy
2011-04-13, 03:47 AM
Can actions count for two domains at one time?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-13, 04:11 AM
No, each domain needs 9 points spent towards it. Also Yen's Rice Fields are a separate Plane, mortals have no way of reaching them yet.

Ajadea
2011-04-13, 04:23 AM
Hey, blueboy, what are you doing with my halflings? :smalltongue: Not taking offense, just kinda confused on why you picked the race actively sponsored by the goddess who dislikes such interference (mortals having choices of their own is her single portfolio element at the moment)

Seriously, I have no clue what that thing you put on the halfling did.

And I'd assume the gods can talk to each other?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-13, 04:27 AM
Ya, Gods can freely move between Plane's other then the Mortal one if you're higher then a Demi-God. They can also speak via sendings or other such spells though this is not necessarily a d20 world.

blueboy
2011-04-13, 04:33 AM
Hey, blueboy, what are you doing with my halflings? :smalltongue: Not taking offense, just kinda confused on why you picked the race actively sponsored by the goddess who dislikes such interference (mortals having choices of their own is her single portfolio element at the moment)

Are magical deer really an affront to the goddess?

Seriously, I have no clue what that thing you put on the halfling did.

1. Means that the wearer can directly scavenge off of the game.
2. Only people with the wearer's permission can sense the game.

akma
2011-04-13, 04:42 AM
What sounds better - spirits of purpose or spirits of destiny?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-13, 04:43 AM
The latter :smallsmile:

Ajadea
2011-04-13, 04:47 AM
Are magical deer really an affront to the goddess?

Giving more sources of food to a race she specifically created an inhospitable habitat for in order to persuade them to adapt? Little bit. Not enough to warrant interference certainly, but enough to maybe annoy her slightly.

blueboy
2011-04-13, 04:51 AM
Giving more sources of food to a race she specifically created an inhospitable habitat for in order to persuade them to adapt? Little bit. Not enough to warrant interference certainly, but enough to maybe annoy her slightly.

Personally I'd be more annoyedat the Guiding Spirits. (Also, the way I see it, most Halflings won't have access to the new sources of food.)

akma
2011-04-13, 04:57 AM
The latter :smallsmile:

With a little editing, they are now called spirits of destiny.

Personally I'd be more annoyedat the Guiding Spirits.

Conflict was sure to come from the start. We also have a common domain.

Ajadea
2011-04-13, 05:10 AM
Personally I'd be more annoyed at the Guiding Spirits. (Also, the way I see it, most Halflings won't have access to the new sources of food.)

There are only 300 at the moment...

And yes, she's not happy about the guiding spirits either...she really wants them to be independant, and all the nice gods who give them things aren't helping from her point of view.

Fortuna
2011-04-13, 05:12 AM
And no one's going to be happy once the orcs get rolling...

blueboy
2011-04-13, 05:14 AM
Random: I don't think you can evolve twice in one week.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-13, 05:16 AM
Random: I don't think you can evolve twice in one week.

This is correct.

Evolve Physically Permanently increases your weekly AP gain by One. This is usable once per caste that your deity has obtained, and not more than once per week. For example, a deity that starts at a Lesser God can evolve the first week, and again the second week, but after that, they must reach Intermediate Deity status before they can evolve again

Croverus
2011-04-13, 05:45 AM
Posting interest in this now, and I swear, this time I'll stay active for longer than a month! :smallwink:

Innis Cabal
2011-04-13, 05:53 AM
We shall see... :smallwink:

Raven777
2011-04-13, 06:21 AM
Only Demi-Gods can walk the Moral World there Raven, Lesser Gods are blocked by the shield.

Amended text.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-14, 01:26 AM
If there's anyone here who knows how to make maps, it'd be much appreciated.

Fortuna
2011-04-14, 05:14 AM
I didn't. I created a new god, evolved, and evolved that god from my own AP pool (since I assumed it didn't get its own this week).

Innis Cabal
2011-04-14, 06:02 AM
I didn't. I created a new god, evolved, and evolved that god from my own AP pool (since I assumed it didn't get its own this week).

It does, since it's a demi-god it gets 2 AP. You cannot spend AP for other Gods to evolve, it's the one action you cannot do for another God. You can give them the AP but this does not count as a spent action.

Roll over is still tomorrow at 9 PM EST.

Fortuna
2011-04-14, 06:53 AM
In that case, I gave the god the AP. Doesn't much matter.

akma
2011-04-14, 08:48 AM
Random person, did you just create a demigod to maximize your weekly AP gain?

erictheredd
2011-04-14, 10:52 AM
what is the difference between a creating a monster that does your bidding and an avatar?

more specifically, I am thinking of creating a great sea-dragon to speak to mortals, and perhaps frighten them a bit. It would be a separate creature from myself, with its own will, and I can't see a type of avatar it would fit, but the role seems to be that of an avatar. would such a creature be a monster or an avatar? (yes I know I could also make a demi-God to do that, but I'd prefer to not to).

Innis Cabal
2011-04-14, 10:57 AM
Beget God actions are not exactly supposed to serve your "Main" god. They're supposed to be indivdual characters, not AP farms. :smalltongue::smallwink:

As for what you're asking, I would say that falls directly the Prophet or Incarnation/Manifestation action under Divine Herald. In fact, that’s exactly what you’re looking for. :smallsmile:

erictheredd
2011-04-14, 12:09 PM
here's a terrible map:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g465/derrickthewhite/mythicmap.jpg

the green spot in the middle is the rice feilds (probably too large), as they appear to be on the actual world.the mountain chain, and islands to the south are Aesun's creations, the rest of the mountains are Szaklebn's and Æmara's desert is also shown. The rest of us haven't molded the land yet. I'm not sure where the plains came from, but I assume they are a byproduct of the creation of the rice feilds. I don't know where the elves and the orcs live, it was not specified.

This map is just to start people talking. If you can do a better one (and I'm sure someone can, please make a better one).

Innis Cabal
2011-04-14, 12:11 PM
The Rice Fields are not in the Mortal World.

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-14, 01:18 PM
Honestly, I'd have an interest in this game if the rules weren't so...unimaginably complex. If the LoC team is interested, I can link ya a more...streamlined rules set for god games. Or not, if this is working for you. Either way ^_^

akma
2011-04-14, 01:31 PM
Honestly, I'd have an interest in this game if the rules weren't so...unimaginably complex. If the LoC team is interested, I can link ya a more...streamlined rules set for god games. Or not, if this is working for you. Either way ^_^

Those rules don`t seem complicated to me. Sure, it will take me time until I could play without the need to check how much AP each thing costs, but I`m fine with that. I know the rules of formar god games were much more complex and much more like D&D, and I remmember once seeing them and not liking them.
I would still like to see the more streamlined rules you are talking about, even if it won`t make any diffrence.

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-14, 01:36 PM
Ask and ye shall receive! (http://plothook.net/RPG/showthread.php?t=20481)

The main spoiler ([Rules]) are the "golden standard" that's been popularize on Plothook and a few other sites I play god games on. Everything else is extras that I added either to patch holes in certain player requests ([Immortals], for example) or to fit the theme of the game I'm running ([Prayer]).

Fortuna
2011-04-14, 02:42 PM
Random person, did you just create a demigod to maximize your weekly AP gain?

Not at all. I created a demigod (which I will continue to roleplay as a sort of split personality) to have something to do other than RAGEWARRAGE. Over time, I envision him as growing into an incarnation of spite, jealousy and cold-served revenge.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-14, 06:17 PM

The main spoiler ([Rules]) are the "golden standard" that's been popularize on Plothook and a few other sites I play god games on. Everything else is extras that I added either to patch holes in certain player requests ([Immortals], for example) or to fit the theme of the game I'm running ([Prayer]).

The Rules there honestly look identical to the one's for this LoC. The rules you see here are actually honed down considerably from previous games. I am happy to explain any rule at any time if you're truly interested in playing though I think it'd be even more complex to change the rules mid-stream.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-14, 08:04 PM
Speaking of rules. Roll over has occured. I'll extend the loss of starting AP by a week.

akma
2011-04-15, 04:25 AM

I only read the main rules, and will read the rest later. They seem good and simple, and obviously not D&D oriented (unlike the rules of LOC, especially the original ones). They are also built to encourage conflict. You get a lot of acts, but the earning of acts (and APs in this game) by real world time feels wrong to me.

All this makes me wonder if someone designed a god game especially made to create settings.

Speaking of rules. Roll over has occured. I'll extend the loss of starting AP by a week.

I didn`t know about the loss of starting AP. I thought roll over meant earning the weekly AP, I must have missed that part in the rules. Will I have to spend all my AP?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-15, 04:33 AM
I only read the main rules, and will read the rest later. They seem good and simple, and obviously not D&D oriented (unlike the rules of LOC, especially the original ones). They are also built to encourage conflict. You get a lot of acts, but the earning of acts (and APs in this game) by real world time feels wrong to me.

All this makes me wonder if someone designed a god game especially made to create settings.

There's nothing much to do with 3.5 here, all the 3.5centic options were removed because...they're not really needed for the system, they can be tacked on later. While the system he linked is streamlined in some area's I find the time frame it keeps complicates matters and forces people to either post a good deal or perish.

I also don't think this LoC is to difficult to follow, the actions are really the in depth parts but really the bulk of the game focuses on Role Playing and interaction and co-operation. There aren't really that many rules other then the powers. After having played numerous God Games and the like, I found that less rules typically meant more freedom to the player.

All in all, I'm not particularly swayed to switch to a totally new system everyone will have to learn when the system in place isn't broken. It would either mean having to start over fresh or bog the game down with switching and re-learning and all sorts of other pitfalls.

I didn`t know about the loss of starting AP. I thought roll over meant earning the weekly AP, I must have missed that part in the rules. Will I have to spend all my AP?

You didn't miss it. I was referring to the 20 AP every player was granted at the start of the game, which I indicated would only last a week. I've revised my original statement to give it another week to be used.

akma
2011-04-15, 04:41 AM
There's nothing much to do with 3.5 here, all the 3.5centic options were removed because...they're not really needed for the system, they can be tacked on later.

There are still some remains of the D&D origin - the gods ranks, the domains, and I think I saw something else too, although I guess it`s more noticeable to me since I know the older rules of LOC.

All in all, I'm not particularly swayed to switch to a totally new setting everyone will have to learn when the system in place isn't broken.

I agree.

You didn't miss it. I was referring to the 20 AP every player was granted at the start of the game, which I indicated would only last a week. I've revised my original statement to give it another week to be used.

Which day of the week?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-15, 04:44 AM
There are still some remains of the D&D origin - the gods ranks, the domains, and I think I saw something else too, although I guess it`s more noticeable to me since I know the older rules of LOC.

That might be true, though the Ranks really could be renamed to anything. Demi-God and Hero-God are actual terms so they stayed. The other's are in just for ease of reference. The Domains also stayed in, though for a brief time they were called "Concepts". It was decided Domain's sounded better so they stuck around to.

Which day of the week?

I thought it was noted on the opening post but it seems I was actually incorrect so I apologize. Roll Over is 9 PM EST every Thursday.

Halae
2011-04-15, 04:48 AM
Are you guys still recruiting? I have a really good idea for a Lesser Deity

Innis Cabal
2011-04-15, 04:49 AM
Like the title says, we're always recruiting :smallbiggrin: Write it up and lets see it :smallsmile:

Halae
2011-04-15, 05:07 AM
Dumagaer, The Blood Lord
Divine Rank:Lesser Deity
Symbol: A drop of blood on a bronze sunburst
Domains: Chaos
Portfolio: Aberrations
Favored Weapon: Claw (Dagger)
Brief Description: Dumagaer appears as a young man covered in a white bloodstained robe. He wears the hood of is robe back to show his grizzly face as tiny creatures writhe under his flesh and out through his empty eye sockets. His arms are different every time he is seen, and they are seldom symmetrical, becoming a Huge claw on one side with a woman's dainty fingers on the other one day, and the next time he appears to have a nest of tentacles trailing down with a huge scythe of bone. The only time he wears the same limbs twice is when speaking with an individual, as he tries to maintain a certain appearance for any person he speaks with, mortal or not. One can never see his legs, and he always seems to be floating a few inches off the ground.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-15, 05:36 AM
It looks good, though I would say Chaos fits him better then Creation,

Halae
2011-04-15, 05:37 AM
fair enough. editing now

Innis Cabal
2011-04-15, 05:39 AM
In his case, I don't think he needs to be beget by a God owing to his nature. You can start when ever you want with 3 AP befitting a Lesser Deity :smallsmile:.

Halae
2011-04-15, 05:42 AM
I'm afraid I may be missing something. Where exactly do I post my actions? Here?

akma
2011-04-15, 05:58 AM
I'm afraid I may be missing something. Where exactly do I post my actions? Here?

There: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194929

Edit:
I suggest that for future games, there won`t be the option to evolve physically. It`s completly a metagame action.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-15, 06:55 AM
My God Via Beget God Action

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/Yen_by_Celticluffy.jpg

Sai’Yang: The Grinning Beast, The Night Whisperer, The Sparrow Princess, Stealer of Titles, The Hungerer
Domain: Magic
Portfolio: Arcane Energies, The Night
Symbol: A mouth twisted in a toothy grin, the teeth always sharp
Favored Weapon: Magic
Divine Status: Demi-God
Class: Corrupter

Born from the divine energies of Yen and the dreams and twisted ambitions of mortals, Sai’Yang appears as a well dressed man with flowing orange hair and dark tan skin. His eyes glow with an inner green light and the scent of alchohol hangs off his every movement like a curtain. This is not Sai’Yang’s true form, instead a simple illusion. Sai’Yangs true form is a shadow and toothy grin with twin glowing lantern like eyes in the shadow of a predatory beast. His true form is known to shift though it carries the features of the top land predators more often than not.

Goal: Sai’Yang, unlike his uncles and aunts, does not seek balance, change or nothingness. He instead seeks to pervert and alter the works of his family as a mockery of their actions. Despite this, Sai’Yang is not imbued with the ability to create of his own accord, lacking imagination or thoughts of such things on his own. Anything created by the Hungerer will come out twisted and vile save for the most basic of things.

Raven777
2011-04-15, 07:58 AM
So, about these pantheon talks. Are we interested in pushing things into a full on Order vs Chaos schism at some point?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-15, 07:59 AM
It seems that's the way it's going to go. Though I don't forsee it being that clear cut. Yen at least isn't on either side despite being asked to sign on to the Order side.

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-15, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't have expected anyone to switch mid-game, Innis :p The time frames on the rules I linked can be changed really easily, but I honestly find them to be much less intimidating and complex - the last LoC I tried to join, I ended up making two posts before backing out because I just couldn't wrap my brain around the rules it was operating under. It's just food for thought, that's all.

akma
2011-04-15, 09:44 AM
Lord_Gareth, look at the rules of the game in post one. Don`t be stuck on your first impression, gloss over them objectivaly. I admit that avatar rules are complicated, but besides that, the rest is not complicated in my standarts.

After getting 3 domains, I won`t have to spend AP to promote, right? I`m thinking of my god promoting, and becoming more and more arrogant each promotion. If I`ll become an overgod, I`ll do a monologue in which I`ll sit on the throne of the creator and mock the gods and our creator. Maybe after becoming extremly arrogant I will realise the error in my ways.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-15, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't have expected anyone to switch mid-game, Innis :p The time frames on the rules I linked can be changed really easily, but I honestly find them to be much less intimidating and complex - the last LoC I tried to join, I ended up making two posts before backing out because I just couldn't wrap my brain around the rules it was operating under. It's just food for thought, that's all.

The rules for this game have been revised, and in fact have little similarity to the LoC's of the past. I don't know which one you signed up for so I can't tell you what was going on there but LoC has gone through some...fairly strange twists and turns to come out where it has today. I'd suggest reading through the rules on the first page. They really are must simpler and stream lined.

Lord_Gareth, look at the rules of the game in post one. Don`t be stuck on your first impression, gloss over them objectivaly. I admit that avatar rules are complicated, but besides that, the rest is not complicated in my standards.

Also this. Though I don't see the avatar rules being complicated....is there anything I can do to make them less so?

After getting 3 domains, I won`t have to spend AP to promote, right? I`m thinking of my god promoting, and becoming more and more arrogant each promotion. If I`ll become an overgod, I`ll do a monologue in which I`ll sit on the throne of the creator and mock the gods and our creator. Maybe after becoming extremly arrogant I will realise the error in my ways.

You have to spend 2 AP to raise your rank. This is in place so people who don't want to raise up in rank aren't forced to.

akma
2011-04-15, 04:44 PM
Also this. Though I don't see the avatar rules being complicated....is there anything I can do to make them less so?

I got a little confused. I meant the divine herald action in general. It covers a lot of diffrent options, some of them requires keeping track of time that passes.

You have to spend 2 AP to raise your rank. This is in place so people who don't want to raise up in rank aren't forced to.

I think you should add it to the original rules.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-15, 04:50 PM
I got a little confused. I meant the divine herald action in general. It covers a lot of diffrent options, some of them requires keeping track of time that passes.

Ah. I see. Time is a little mutable, in so far as the game is concenred. A week of Godly Time can be thousands of years for the mortal world. It's not really defined and it's one of the more...loose aspects of the game. Quantifying it down though on the other hand isn't something I want to do, as it sticks with the criticism I offered with the rules Lord Gareth proposed. Making a solid block of time forces people to post or allows them to save up all their points and slam an "Age" down against the more active players.

I think you should add it to the original rules.

They should have been on there :smallconfused: Seems it was removed during the last pruning process. I will rectify that. Sorry for the confusion.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-15, 05:00 PM
Divine Ascension: Raises your God's Divine Rank one step after completing the necessary actions. Lesser gods must spend an additional 3 AP before this action opens, Intermediate must preform 10, Greater 20 and Over Gods 50. Demi-gods do not need to spend any additional AP.

There is the Divine Ascension Rule. The Additional AP must be spent as well as the AP spent on Domains. This is because as you raise in rank, AP will be easier to get and thus spending AP for Domains will hurt higher teir gods more then lower tier Gods. This is solely an action to keep Greater and Over Deities from running rampant through the game.

Tydorei
2011-04-15, 05:46 PM
So, about these pantheon talks. Are we interested in pushing things into a full on Order vs Chaos schism at some point?

It seems that's the way it's going to go. Though I don't forsee it being that clear cut. Yen at least isn't on either side despite being asked to sign on to the Order side.

I don't think it would be as two sided as Order vs Chaos as well. Most conflict will probably be more personal oriented (Like Rin Bur and AEmara at the moment) rather than faction vs faction. Try to establish Order among the Celestials is just something I though Rashnu would do. (As she did with the mortals)

Also, don't get Order confused with being a goody two shoes. Devils like order too. No, she is not evil... she doesn't strive for good. (I actually see Yen and some of the other gods as Good Aligned)

Innis Cabal
2011-04-15, 06:09 PM
I see Yen as good aligned towards other Gods, as he views them rightly as his siblings and thus deserving respect regardless of personal disagreements. I see him Neutral Neutral when it comes to everything else. He knows he's a creation, he knows his family are creations. All the things he and they make are lesser creations and thus in the long run not set to endure. He taught the Aasimar magic but only as a test, everything else has to learn it from elsewhere. His whole existence is based on tests. The end result really doesn't bother him because once his test is done it's completely out of his hands.

planswalker
2011-04-16, 01:04 AM
so, are there any rulings I should be aware of other than what's in the OP?

The rule set here reminds me a lot of the first LoC I participated in, which I thought was a little clunky but less absurd than the current system where I'm literally gaining enough ap each week to wipe the world clean twice over.

toying with an idea about posting a bright and shiny god of holy smitingness and wanted to know if the rules in the OP are up to date.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 01:07 AM
I tried to streamline the original rules that started LoC here. Hopefully they are though there is always room to improve and make the system a lot easier to run and more fun to boot.

As for current rulings, not really. We're in our first week now so not much has come up that needs to be changed. Glad to have you aboard though, write up a God and I'll take a look as the case may or may not be. I don't suspect you'll have much of an issue having played in previous games though.

planswalker
2011-04-16, 01:31 AM
well, I'm tempted to bring back the schizophrenic sun god Solaron, but I think I'll try something fresh: I'm thinking a bright shiny kobold god of fervor who loves to smite that which is "dark" or "evil" in his eyes.

so then, without further ado:

Name: Kobgolian, the Bright Star
Divine Rank:Lesser Deity. 1 evolution
Symbol: A scaled claw clutching a sunburst
Domains: Sun (or maybe Kobold)
Portfolio: Purity
Favored Weapon: Tri-claw (think brass knuckles with three blades over the three central fingers)
Brief Description: Kobgolian is a radiant deity. None can accuse him of else. His children, both the Lesser kin called kobold and the greater kin named dragons are testament to the beauty of his craft. He crafts flesh into shapes of great splendor. He hearkens to the sun as a source of light and power, teaching all who will listen that Light is the path to true power, and that corruption, deceit, and darkness are illusory paths to short-term gains outweighed by True Path of the Light Eternal. His judgments of other gods can often be harsh, but those whom he counts friend have a friend indeed with this god.

also, did I miss a list of current players somewhere? I don't want to step on a current god's toes too badly.

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-16, 01:46 AM
Jivalia (The Sisters Three; see below)
Symbol: A trio of shattered towers
Domains: Ingenuity
Portfolio: Madness
Favored Weapon: "Creativity"
Brief Description: [I]Jiv, the Laughing Maiden appears as a young woman of indeterminate species, wearing a coat made of frozen light, laughter, and tears. She's always smiling, always energetic, and always leaving little bloodstains wherever she goes. Her laugh sounds like wedding bells and regrets.

Val, the Lady of Paranoia, usually appears as a girl, perhaps near puberty, of indeterminate species. She is armored at all times, and gazes at the world around her with suspicion, surrounded by a chorus of voices that whisper threats and jibes. She does not laugh or cry, but may be occasionally found composing symphonies, either of instruments or screams.

Lia, the Mother of Visions, is a middle-aged woman of indeterminate species. Her eyes are never the same color, and her hair writhes of its own accord, moving to the whims of voices only she can hear. Lia is never far from her gloves, which pulse with all the colors of the rainbow, and her laughter shrieks in the ear, like a thousand different voices.

Kinda fuzzy on the difference between a domain and a portfolio. And on the presence of "favored weapons", given the shift away from D&D. Lemme know if there's any questions.

And before someone asks, yes, they share an AP pool. They're the same goddess. She's just insane.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 01:47 AM
I need to do that still actually, juggling a lot of balls at the moment between my Pokemon White Let's Play, working on a PbP system and this.

The Sun was created by myself actually, and I'm not sure about the later LoC's after I dropped them but I'm a fan of divine patronage's and such. So, if you'd like to throw it in he was made by Yen that'd be cool. Otherwise he looks good to start. You'll start with 3 AP as a Lesser God of course.

planswalker
2011-04-16, 01:51 AM
So, a son of Yen, that's cool.

so... where exactly do I go to find the ooc and ic threads? is my blindness missing the links in the OP?

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-16, 01:51 AM
The Sun was created by myself actually, and I'm not sure about the later LoC's after I dropped them but I'm a fan of divine patronage's and such. So, if you'd like to throw it in he was made by Yen that'd be cool. Otherwise he looks good to start. You'll start with 3 AP as a Lesser God of course.

Honestly, I'm not. Why not have deities appear ex nihilo or from, I dunno, some kind of cosmic fission or something? Finding a divine patron has proven...both frustrating and annoying for me in the past, especially since they then seem to be under the impression that I owe them something.

See above, incidentally. And is there an IC thread I can trawl through to try and get an idea of what's going on?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 01:58 AM
So, a son of Yen, that's cool.

so... where exactly do I go to find the ooc and ic threads? is my blindness missing the links in the OP?

The IC thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194929&page=2). You're posting in the current OOC thread. It will probably be moved after this one is finished to the OOC section, but I'm not sure as it still falls under World Building better then it does an OOC thread.

Honestly, I'm not. Why not have deities appear ex nihilo or from, I dunno, some kind of cosmic fission or something? Finding a divine patron has proven...both frustrating and annoying for me in the past, especially since they then seem to be under the impression that I owe them something.

See above, incidentally. And is there an IC thread I can trawl through to try and get an idea of what's going on?

If a God makes sense to come in from nowhere or simply the act of creation then they aren't required to have some patronage. No one is forced to do it, it's a suggestion. It has in past games been more a boon than a detriment quite frankly, and enriches the story more often then not. Once again, this game at least follows along the lines of the Shinto/Norse/Greek style or for ease the "Polytheistic" view since...thats what it is. God's do not come from no where.

Parentage also does not denote getting two players to agree. As noted in plansewalker's case, his God was born when the Sun was made. That's still Divine Parentage because his creation can be owned to another God's act. I understand it can be difficult and time consuming to find people willing to offer Divine Parentage up...but you can always pick an act you feel is appropriate. God's don't have to willingly go about making their children after all.

Brief Description: [I]Jiv, the Laughing Maiden appears as a young woman of indeterminate species, wearing a coat made of frozen light, laughter, and tears. She's always smiling, always energetic, and always leaving little bloodstains wherever she goes. Her laugh sounds like wedding bells and regrets.

Val, the Lady of Paranoia, usually appears as a girl, perhaps near puberty, of indeterminate species. She is armored at all times, and gazes at the world around her with suspicion, surrounded by a chorus of voices that whisper threats and jibes. She does not laugh or cry, but may be occasionally found composing symphonies, either of instruments or screams.

Lia, the Mother of Visions, is a middle-aged woman of indeterminate species. Her eyes are never the same color, and her hair writhes of its own accord, moving to the whims of voices only she can hear. Lia is never far from her gloves, which pulse with all the colors of the rainbow, and her laughter shrieks in the ear, like a thousand different voices.

As with the above statement, divine parentage is important. Not sure who would give rise to that goddess though I think The Raven is likely. Looks fine though.

Kinda fuzzy on the difference between a domain and a portfolio. And on the presence of "favored weapons", given the shift away from D&D. Lemme know if there's any questions.

Portfolio is what you're the God/Goddess of. Domain is the Sphere that you rule over. You're the God of X with X being the Sun or the Moon where as you're also the God/Goddess of Y, Y being...what sphere of creation/destruction/etc the Sun or Moon falls into.

planswalker
2011-04-16, 02:02 AM
ok, the link in your post didn't read as a link for me, but I stopped being lazy and skimmed through the thread until I found it. Will read through it now and begin the postage of things.

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-16, 02:05 AM
As a student of mythology, I must respectfully state that I have no comprehension whatsoever as to why divine parentage is important. At all. Including to the cultures that actually cared about it. Incidentally, is this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194929) the IC thread? I think you may have intended to link it in your last post and forgot.

To be clear, one's Domain is the "essence" of your divinity and one's Portfolios express that essence, yes? So a god of Justice might express that through the Retribution portfolio, whereas his twin may have more interest in Law. Correct?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 02:13 AM
As a student of mythology, I must respectfully state that I have no comprehension whatsoever as to why divine parentage is important. At all. Including to the cultures that actually cared about it. Incidentally, is this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194929) the IC thread? I think you may have intended to link it in your last post and forgot.

As just a regular dude, I must respectfully state that it's not because it has been done before that it's important. In fact as noted, it is not only not required but permissible not to have Divine Parentage if it makes sense. Also as noted, it's very possible to just grab a single act another God has done, and have come out of that without worrying about running hither and tither about seeking someone to make a special post just for you.

I am interested in first and foremost making a good story collectively. It's boring for every God to just "poof" come into creation without any explanation. There's no purpose to that, and quite frankly it doesn't make sense in the story as it stands. A god of machine guns, for example, simply cannot come from nothing when Machine Guns don't even exist yet.

But yes, that is the IC thread I managed not to hyperlink into my post. It has been fixed and is posted on the first post as well.

To be clear, one's Domain is the "essence" of your divinity and one's Portfolios express that essence, yes? So a god of Justice might express that through the Retribution domain, whereas his twin may have more interest in Law. Correct?

That's correct.

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-16, 02:16 AM
Alright. Would it be at all possible to get a summary of what the world looks like now?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 02:26 AM
here's a terrible map:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g465/derrickthewhite/mythicmap.jpg

the green spot in the middle is the rice feilds (probably too large), as they appear to be on the actual world.the mountain chain, and islands to the south are Aesun's creations, the rest of the mountains are Szaklebn's and Æmara's desert is also shown. The rest of us haven't molded the land yet. I'm not sure where the plains came from, but I assume they are a byproduct of the creation of the rice feilds. I don't know where the elves and the orcs live, it was not specified.

This map is just to start people talking. If you can do a better one (and I'm sure someone can, please make a better one).

That's it so far.

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-16, 02:28 AM
Let me rephrase my question - what's going on with existence and its peoples/religions/nations/things?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 02:37 AM
It's been less then a week. Currently the Gods (some) are meeting together to discuss their purpose and are forming what probably will be a few sides to the eventual pantheons and sides of godly conflict. Orcs, Aasimar, Elves, Haflings and Metal Men are the current races though they're mostly working within their own confines.

Raven777
2011-04-16, 04:25 AM
The game has only started a few days ago and the thread is currently only two pages long. Creations are not massive by any mean, with most of the gods having created a race or a plane or a landmass or a couple benign concepts.

We have currently been summoned to Rashnu's domain, the City of Verdicts, to discuss her creation of the first Pantheon, the Creator's Court, based around Balance and, to my understanding, order. Most of us have been less than agreeing to the idea.

My Raven is currently waiting for Rashnu to close the meeting, for I feel it would be rude to exit and resume creating without her finishing her piece first. I'd like her to be prompt about it :P

I have ideas that need to be put to work, ideas which would be a good opportunity for your own Goddess(es) to arise. You'll see.

planswalker
2011-04-16, 04:34 AM
well, I've spent my 3 ap.

hope you all like the way I wrote Kobgolian's birth.

more fluffy rp to come later. He's currently a sphere of light, but expect his form to change and grow with each evolution.

akma
2011-04-16, 04:58 AM
Alright. Would it be at all possible to get a summary of what the world looks like now?

Besides what was said, there are gem rings around the planet.
There is the raptorian race the Innis forgot to mention.
There are three planes: the metarial plane, the rice planes and the creator`s court. You`re not supposed to sit on the throne in the creator`s court.
The current event we`re dealing with is Rashnu`s attempt of creating a pantheon.

well, I've spent my 3 ap.

I know evolving is the better thing to do metagame wise, but now you can`t do anything this week.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 05:05 AM
Oops, totally did. Though the Creator's Court isn't a Plane and you forgot the Echo Chamber as a Plane

planswalker
2011-04-16, 11:06 AM
I know evolving is the better thing to do metagame wise, but now you can`t do anything this week.

I think you'd be surprised what one can do without having to spend any ap at all. In other LoC's, my most important actions have been ones that no ap was spent on.

question: can gods in this LoC directly enter the mortal world? I wasn't clear on that from the IC and don't remember seeing a rule about this.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 11:15 AM
I think you'd be surprised what one can do without having to spend any ap at all. In other LoC's, my most important actions have been ones that no ap was spent on.

question: can gods in this LoC directly enter the mortal world? I wasn't clear on that from the IC and don't remember seeing a rule about this.

Only Dem-Gods can.

planswalker
2011-04-16, 11:29 AM
okay, that's what I assumed, but wanted to be clear on that before tying my rp hands.

So, Echo Chamber and Rice Fields are the only 2 planes so far? from what I can tell, most of the gods are on the Rice Fields at the creator's court (which is a part of that plane?)

akma
2011-04-16, 11:36 AM
There are four planes: the material plane, the echo chambers, the rice fields, and lastly, the fourth plane, creator`s court.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 11:43 AM
Whoooooooooooops. :smallredface:

There are five planes. The plane Rashnu created is called the City of Verdicts. She didn't bold the AP expenditure so I totally missed it. My bad.

The Five Planes then are "Space"/"Astral", The Rice Fields, The Echo Chamber, The City of Verdicts, The Mortal Plane.

planswalker
2011-04-16, 12:43 PM
so, what is the Creator's Court, exactly, if it's not a plane?

Halae
2011-04-16, 12:47 PM
so, what is the Creator's Court, exactly, if it's not a plane?

It's a place in the City of Verdicts

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 01:43 PM
It's a place in the City of Verdicts

And the Pantheon that serves inside the city.

erictheredd
2011-04-16, 04:51 PM
OK, please state honest opinions, and tell me if the last post did anything out of line

Glithnor is supposed to be a semi-divine sea dragon created to be a messenger from the Gods to mortals. He is not supposed to be an incarnation of Quanirti, but a servant, and has a will of his own that is separate from her and will become more so. He is also not meant to serve only her, though he will always have a special spot for the goddess who created him.

In my mind he is one of those unique monsters that speaks with Gods but isn't one, and is immortal if someone doesn't kill him, and that someone will probably be a God or a Someone a God is helping.

Yes, this is going to test and stretch the herald rules, and I don't quite get them, and I'm sure Glithnor steps all over them.

If the other Gods accept Glithnor's offer then he will become a demiGod, and all these issues will wait patiently.

Also, PlanesWalker, I know you wanted dragons, He doesn't have to be a dragon, but I thought it fit, and the idea was around before you showed up. If you have a problem, say so. If you have a brilliant idea, even better.

Raven777
2011-04-16, 04:52 PM
Ok. Out of the meeting. Next step: Faes. Not (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheFairFolk) the (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlen4fcro73tb02) nice (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HumanoidAbomination) kind (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/). That should be Lord Gareth's perfect cue to come in.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 07:43 PM
OK, please state honest opinions, and tell me if the last post did anything out of line

Glithnor is supposed to be a semi-divine sea dragon created to be a messenger from the Gods to mortals. He is not supposed to be an incarnation of Quanirti, but a servant, and has a will of his own that is separate from her and will become more so. He is also not meant to serve only her, though he will always have a special spot for the goddess who created him.

In my mind he is one of those unique monsters that speaks with Gods but isn't one, and is immortal if someone doesn't kill him, and that someone will probably be a God or a Someone a God is helping.

Yes, this is going to test and stretch the herald rules, and I don't quite get them, and I'm sure Glithnor steps all over them.

If the other Gods accept Glithnor's offer then he will become a demiGod, and all these issues will wait patiently.

Also, PlanesWalker, I know you wanted dragons, He doesn't have to be a dragon, but I thought it fit, and the idea was around before you showed up. If you have a problem, say so. If you have a brilliant idea, even better.

That sounds fair to me, though you'll either have to make it a Demi-God or a Divine Herald first and then make it a Demi-God. It can't be both with one action.

planswalker
2011-04-16, 07:59 PM

Solitary dragons of legendary status is perfectly fine and doesn't step on my toes. If another player wants a specific race of dragons to serve them, just discuss it with me and I'm more than likely to be quite accommodating at allowing another god to make a specific race of dragons to serve them.

I'd just like to have Kobgolian be the resident expert on dragons. He'll pick up the domain eventually and everything. Just keep in mind that I started with 3 ap, while most of y'all had 20.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 11:22 PM
Sorry to not have asked before now Tydorei, but hopefully it's ok that one of my God's is preying on your Elves.

SlashRunner
2011-04-17, 01:04 AM
Is there, as of yet, a god of Insanity?

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-17, 01:09 AM
Is there, as of yet, a god of Insanity?

Me.

See also me.

Working on some kind of entrance post. How many AP do I start with again? This non-standardized starting stuff is really confusing me. Actually, honestly, the OP is what's confusing me. Can we get some clarifications/lists of players/current events/something up in there? I mean, I'm not asking for the Cradle world info thread here (Link for the curious (http://plothook.net/RPG/showthread.php?t=19739)), but something like "Standard starting stuff" and/or "Most recent ACTS" might be nice.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 01:10 AM
Dumagaer, The Blood Lord
Divine Rank:Lesser Deity
Symbol: A drop of blood on a bronze sunburst
Domains: Chaos
Portfolio: Aberrations
Favored Weapon: Claw (Dagger)
Brief Description: Dumagaer appears as a young man covered in a white bloodstained robe. He wears the hood of is robe back to show his grizzly face as tiny creatures writhe under his flesh and out through his empty eye sockets. His arms are different every time he is seen, and they are seldom symmetrical, becoming a Huge claw on one side with a woman's dainty fingers on the other one day, and the next time he appears to have a nest of tentacles trailing down with a huge scythe of bone. The only time he wears the same limbs twice is when speaking with an individual, as he tries to maintain a certain appearance for any person he speaks with, mortal or not. One can never see his legs, and he always seems to be floating a few inches off the ground.

And before someone asks, yes, they share an AP pool. They're the same goddess. She's just insane.

Two, actually in a manner of speaking. The latter is more or less what you're looking for.

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-17, 01:14 AM
In addition to above concerns, I see no fey. Also, the meeting still appears to be going on.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 01:15 AM
Me.

See also me.

Working on some kind of entrance post. How many AP do I start with again? This non-standardized starting stuff is really confusing me. Actually, honestly, the OP is what's confusing me. Can we get some clarifications/lists of players/current events/something up in there? I mean, I'm not asking for the Cradle world info thread here (Link for the curious (http://plothook.net/RPG/showthread.php?t=19739)), but something like "Standard starting stuff" and/or "Most recent ACTS" might be nice.

You get the regular number for a Deity of your standing, which is 3. There's a table on the first post that shows the base AP of a God of every level.

I will be adding a list of Gods/People on the first post. But I am a single man and work and do things outside of the game, so it will be added sometime by the end of the weekend.

As for a list of current events, that swiftly becomes a very difficult job as the game goes on. At least three people have given a list of events and the thread at this time is only 2 pages long. I will do a small compiling of what everyone else summarized already and quite well in the last several pages but I won't promise that I'll continue to do that, as noted I have a lot of my plate.

In addition to above concerns, I see no fey. Also, the meeting still appears to be going on.

There are no fey, though the Raven and all those who didn't want to join the pantheon seems to have left the meeting.

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-17, 01:18 AM
*Sigh* Nevermind on that entrance post, then.

*Settles in to wait more.*

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 01:27 AM
Considering he has 13 AP left to use, I doubt you'll have to wait to long.

Also people, remember to post the cost of spending, it makes it hard to scan over and double check AP spending without it.

nolispe
2011-04-17, 01:36 AM
Ummm... Could I join? And is there a list of untaken domains anywhere?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 01:40 AM
We're always recruiting, write up a God and we'll see how it pans out :smallsmile:

The taken domains at the moment are

Fire
Earth
Wind
Water
Creation
Entropy
Magic
Chaos
Ingenuity
The Sun

nolispe
2011-04-17, 01:53 AM
Venais, The Eternal Lord
Name/Epitaphs: Venais, The Eternal Lord
Domain: Command
Portfolio: Rulership
Symbol: The Moon
Favored Weapon: The Mace
Class: ?

Brief Description: Venais is the archetypal lord. He is imperious, and somewhat egotistical, but is confident that his instructions are the best ways forward in all circumstances. He tends to be shocked at the very suggestion that others could disagree, but has more than enough intelligence to realise that others are not going to always accept his righteous instructions, and he must act behind the scenes in many cases to get things done. He tends to be both utilitarian in his way and utterly frivolous, both being willing to sacrifice anything to to reach his goals and willing to have those goals be 'finding a nicer chair than this one'. Of course, he will often come up with a justification as to why this goal is utterly vital to everybody.
He hoards things to an amazing extent, from money to favors. Unlike many gods, Venais looks to cooperation as a sacred duty, and will literally try to form all-emcompassing alliances with the most unlikely of figures.
Venais appears to be a ten-foot tall man clad all in white, with a billowing cloak behind him. He wields his signiture six foot mace in one hand, often drawing it from the folds of his robe despite the impossibility of it being there.

Name: Tanais, The First Dragon
Domain: Moon Dragons
Portfolio: Dragonkind
Symbol: The Moon
Favored Weapon: Natural Weapons
Divine Rank: Demigod

Tanais is an immense silver dragon, over a mile long. He literally glows, and areas that would be cast in shadow are instead filled with strange, white light.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 02:06 AM
You can pick Domains from D&D for sake of ease but no one is tied to them for certain. The Deity looks good, and can be birthed from any manner of the mortal race's continued existence really.

SlashRunner
2011-04-17, 02:07 AM
Name: Id Arcanum, Keeper of Secrets
Domain: Knowledge
Portfolio: Secrets
Symbol: An open book with the pages scratched out.
Favored weapon: the dagger
Description:
Id Arcanum is the lord of secrets, and as such is privy to every piece of information kept hidden by mortals. His domain encompasses all types of secrets, from petty and unimportant ones to forbidden and destructive knowledge. He tends to not associate with other gods much, preferring to keep to himself and work on some secret plan that he has never divulged the details of. When he interferes with the world, it is to prevent mortals from learning things they are not ready for.
He appears as a 7' tall figure robed in black. In both hands, he clutches an immense tome containing all the world's secrets. Most disturbingly, his face does not have a mouth. Everyone near him constantly hears a faint whispering, but no one can discern it's contents.

EDIT:
Having decided upon a better name, he shall henceforth be known as Id Arcanum ("The Secret" in Latin)

Ajadea
2011-04-17, 02:30 AM
Æmara, The Mortal World

-snip-
[SPOILER*]
AP: 7 (9-2(Gain Portfolio: Secrets and forgotten knowledge))
[/SPOILER*]

*coughwavepoint*

A Portfolio is something the God has an active interest in and is a "Patron" or "Governing Force" over.

You could do so without the Porfolio element. There is nothing keeping an Air God from making a set of Mountains for example. A Portfolio is...a because. Because your God has a strong connection to Armadillo's he claims them as something he watches over or works with to the other Gods. Two Gods can't share a Portfolio, they can share a Domain. Portfolio's are...in essence what you are the God -of- where the Domain is what sphere's of influence interact with. Hopefully that makes sense though here is an example.

Edit: I was going off the old Method. Yes, 9 points, Porfolio and you spend the AP to get the Domain.

nolispe
2011-04-17, 02:46 AM
Could I run the Dragon god? Would i be able to create dragons as my first action, and, apart from that, is there anything I need to change?

planswalker
2011-04-17, 03:11 AM
well, Kobgolian is going to be a sunny dragon god.

BeardFaceChuck
2011-04-17, 04:54 AM
I would wrather like a try at this... um... kinda emabarrassing, but I can't find the rules anywhere :smallredface:

Name/Epitaphs: Morim the Gear Grinder
Domain: Invention
Portfolio: Mechanical
Symbol: Three meshed gears of differing size
Favored Weapon: The Assembler (Mace)

Brief Description: He appears as a large, hairy, and heavily bearded smithy. He has many burn scars across his great arms. And though he looks most intimidating, he is a kindly, good deity.

He slaves to bring new creations into the world. From great war machines, to useful tools, to small delicate toys; all these things line the walls of his great workshop. He longs for recognition from all, especially his fellow gods for his genius. But even more, he must see his machines put to use!

He sees the actions of his fellows, but doesn’t much care unless they see fit to interrupt the advancement of his creations. He sees only the next schematic and his finished product just behind it.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 04:59 AM
Did you try the first page? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194459) :smallredface:

As it stands, he's almost identical in both motive and spirit as my God Yen, and while I'm sure there will be some semblance of machinery later as it seems inevitable, I think your God's bent is a little to modern as it stands. :smallredface:

Raven777
2011-04-17, 06:26 AM
Gareth, my work is done. You have a place (places, actually) to arise and claim as your dominion, and unhinged peoples eagerly awaiting tasks to be set upon should you so desire. I think you should find the realms I wrought and their denizens to be fitting for your own theme.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 06:51 AM
Are those actual planes or are those just titles, the writing is a tad ambiguous so I figured I'd clarify.

Raven777
2011-04-17, 06:55 AM
They are planes. Three endless planes, coterminous to the world and each other through reflections, shadows and dreams. The Shuddering Spires sit at the corners of all three at once. They are the corners. Best not to think about the geometry involved.

Didn't care to close the doors. Be careful not to stray in. Be cautious of what strays out.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 06:58 AM
Co-Terminus Planes are the same action as non-coterminous planes and cost 3 AP, not a Create Land Action. You can create the Seelie and Unseelie with a single Create Populous unless you mean for them to be a Player Race. So that clears up 2 of your missing AP.

Raven777
2011-04-17, 07:04 AM
Ah Thought too it was weird I couldn't find a specific Create Plane Entry. Failed to register it when I looked at the list. So I went with Land which was the closest thing.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 07:07 AM
It's not a problem, just was making sure spending is all on the level and what not. That's good reasoning though.

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-17, 08:08 AM
Co-Terminus Planes are the same action as non-coterminous planes and cost 3 AP, not a Create Land Action. You can create the Seelie and Unseelie with a single Create Populous unless you mean for them to be a Player Race. So that clears up 2 of your missing AP.

If the intent isn't to make a D&D setting any more, what's the difference between a "player race" and a "non-player race"?

erictheredd
2011-04-17, 10:05 AM
Glithnor, God of Truth
Demi God

Portfolio: Truth
Symbol: 17 interlocking rings in a ring
Favored Weapon: Sword

Glithnor is a pathological teller of the truth, and feels that everyone should know everything. He is a Demi God so that he can live on the mortal realm and tell mortals the truth, because the Gods already know it. He serves as both a messenger of the Gods and a divine tattle tale. He refers to Quanirti as Mistris rather than Mother, because she did not intend for him to be more than a servant. However, when he is feeling particularly rebellious, he refers to her as Mother, and he usually refers to other Gods as Uncle, Aunt, or Cousin.

Anyone can use Glithnor to tell the truth. He can hardly stop himself as it is, Though please don't spend his points, use your own. For now, the only person he will think twice about repeating is Rin Buhr, who he has a terrible opinion of due to the Assimar stunt.

Yes, he will function as an extension of Quanirti this turn, mostly because he has no power and she's lazy. And I think he'll be a fun character.

Lord_Gareth
2011-04-17, 10:33 AM
And entrance post, plus the invention of crazy.

Remember folks, this isn't D&D insanity, which is, frankly, retarded >.> Jivalia's madnesses and psychoses have much more in common with real-life mental disorders.

Species that seem insane from the rest of the universe's perspective (such as the Fey) may, ironically, go "mad" by engaging in behaviors that seem more sane to everyone else. This still makes them crazy, however, since it's species norm they're being checked against, not the majority consensus of the sapient population.

EDIT

Gareth, my work is done. You have a place (places, actually) to arise and claim as your dominion, and unhinged peoples eagerly awaiting tasks to be set upon should you so desire. I think you should find the realms I wrought and their denizens to be fitting for your own theme.

While I appreciate the effort, Jivalia will actually ignore the Fey, in all likelihood. In a mad world, the mad are sane, hey? She's not into chaos as such. Keep 'em, have fun with 'em. I've got my own thing going, starting with the invention of insanity on a wider scale. I'm just having a hard time placing certain actions I want to make on the AP scale, but I'll figure something out.

SlashRunner
2011-04-17, 10:54 AM
Glithnor, God of Truth
Demi God

Portfolio: Truth
Symbol: 17 interlocking rings in a ring
Favored Weapon: Sword

Glithnor is a pathological teller of the truth, and feels that everyone should know everything. He is a Demi God so that he can live on the mortal realm and tell mortals the truth, because the Gods already know it. He serves as both a messenger of the Gods and a divine tattle tale. He refers to Quanirti as Mistris rather than Mother, because she did not intend for him to be more than a servant. However, when he is feeling particularly rebellious, he refers to her as Mother, and he usually refers to other Gods as Uncle, Aunt, or Cousin.

Anyone can use Glithnor to tell the truth. He can hardly stop himself as it is, Though please don't spend his points, use your own. For now, the only person he will think twice about repeating is Rin Buhr, who he has a terrible opinion of due to the Assimar stunt.

Yes, he will function as an extension of Quanirti this turn, mostly because he has no power and she's lazy. And I think he'll be a fun character.

Ha, we're not gonna be very good friends. Wait, so is my god acceptable? I haven't gotten any sort of response.

Raven777
2011-04-17, 11:43 AM
Aemara has already claimed secrets, Slash.

SlashRunner
2011-04-17, 01:13 PM
Dammit...
OK, is there any knowledge-related portfolio that has not yet been taken?

akma
2011-04-17, 02:11 PM
Raven, did you snatch all of my fear and inspiration spirits, or just one of each?

nolispe
2011-04-17, 03:03 PM
Ummm;... Is Venais alright? Do I need to change anything?

erictheredd
2011-04-17, 03:42 PM
Dammit...

Well, define "knowledge". This is not a strictly bound world. You could be a God of History (though "Lore" would fit better). That would involve Yen's ledger though, so I don't know how that would feel

I don't think we have a God of "Magic", that might also fit the feel, particuarly as each race has its own system. That could very well be considered a "knowledge"-related portfolio.

Has anyone taken knowledge as a portfolio? That would also work.

That said, the main point here is world-building. Its not about winning petty quarrels, its about making the quarrels entertaining. We want to be able to look back at the end and say "wow, that's a cool world"

I think you need to come up with a birthing story now. Tie him back to some God's actions.

Ajadea
2011-04-17, 03:53 PM
Right now, we have Æmara's tribal scavenger halflings who use spirit-based magic, Aesun's psionic incarnum aasimar, Armin's metalmen and guiding spirits, Rin Bur's subrace of halflings that kinda look like they've been skinned, because they basically have been, Szaklebn's raptorans who are talented storytellers, Tanek's orcs and high orcs, Rashnu's elves who apparently live in a highly ordered society, and The Raven's seelie and unseelie.

This is shaping up to be pretty cool, though I see conflict springing up between Rin Bur, Æmara, and Armin.

Rin Bur wants to ascend and is using other groups to achieve this goal, Æmara wants her creations to live in the moment and change the world, and Armin wants to protect to the point that he has created reincarnation.

Also, it might be a halfling-elf rivalry rather than the stereotypical elf-dwarf rivalry, which is a nice bit.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 05:16 PM
If the intent isn't to make a D&D setting any more, what's the difference between a "player race" and a "non-player race"?

Because there are other settings where the division is a far more stark area between races you can and cannot play.

Dammit...

Plenty.

As noted, he's fine as he is yes.

Well, define "knowledge". This is not a strictly bound world. You could be a God of History (though "Lore" would fit better). That would involve Yen's ledger though, so I don't know how that would feel

It would be an acceptable birthing action honestly.

I don't think we have a God of "Magic", that might also fit the feel, particuarly as each race has its own system. That could very well be considered a "knowledge"-related portfolio.

Sai'Yang is the God of Magic and Night

Has anyone taken knowledge as a portfolio? That would also work.

No one at the time you posted it or that I've seen.

That said, the main point here is world-building. Its not about winning petty quarrels, its about making the quarrels entertaining. We want to be able to look back at the end and say "wow, that's a cool world"

Precisely

Right now, we have Æmara's tribal scavenger halflings who use spirit-based magic, Aesun's psionic incarnum aasimar, Armin's metalmen and guiding spirits, Rin Bur's subrace of halflings that kinda look like they've been skinned, because they basically have been, Szaklebn's raptorans who are talented storytellers, Tanek's orcs and high orcs, Rashnu's elves who apparently live in a highly ordered society, and The Raven's seelie and unseelie.

You forgot the Aasimar who actually use Divine and Arcane Magic, and the Tapestry of Magic itself that exists all over the world. :smallredface:

This is shaping up to be pretty cool, though I see conflict springing up between Rin Bur, Æmara, and Armin.

I see currently six sides coming out at least in the initial start up of conflict.

nolispe
2011-04-17, 05:30 PM
Right, so I need a birth event. Anyone willing to do something to create me?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 05:32 PM
You can pick Domains from D&D for sake of ease but no one is tied to them for certain. The Deity looks good, and can be birthed from any manner of the mortal race's continued existence really.

I think this will do nicely quite frankly. The Elves would be a good choice.

SlashRunner
2011-04-17, 05:46 PM
Ok, 2nd try at a god that hasn't been used yet.

Name: Kyrith
Domain: Time (Tell me it hasn't been taken, please!)
Portfolio: Change
Symbol: an hourglass with sand actually depicted as traveling from the top bulb to the bottom (most hourglasses just show all the sand at the bottom.)
Favored weapon: a dagger
Description:
Kyrith is a god of change, and as such, loves to change everything. He embodies all types of change, be they good or bad. He appearance constantly changes, and as such, cannot be described.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 05:48 PM
Name/Epitaphs: The Raven, The Trickster God
Domain: Entropy
Portfolio: Mischief, Change
Symbol: A handful of black feathers
Class: The Raven appears as a large flock of crows curiously eying its surroundings. In the playground of creation, its game is to subvert the work of other Gods. Mortals are playthings to it, there to be nudged in interesting directions regardless of wars and sides. Outlook on Tanek: "Why do you keep breaking the toys?"

It looks like we've already got a God for that as well.

planswalker
2011-04-17, 07:01 PM
Right, so I need a birth event. Anyone willing to do something to create me?

well, if you and I are gonna work out our pm plans, being born from Yen's other tear (the moon) could work out well.

Raven777
2011-04-17, 07:12 PM
Raven, did you snatch all of my fear and inspiration spirits, or just one of each?

Just the two first I found.

As for unclaimed portfolios, there is currently no god of nature. Some of us created animals, I made the day / night cycle and seasons, but the world must still be pretty bleak because as far as I know no one invented trees or grass or flowers yet XD.

Then again, I start from the principle that the world started as a plain ball of rock and water.

And there is no god of adventuring. We need an ass-kicking, evil trumping demi-god of Adventuring just trucking around the world righting wrongs and wooing maidens.

SlashRunner
2011-04-17, 07:19 PM
Ok then.
Portfolio: Knowledge
Symbol: an open tome
Description:
Kyrith appears as a 7 foot tall robed human clutching a massive tome that contains all the knowledge in the world. He knows all, and his main goal is to teach all the races of the world as much as he can. He tends to be absent minded and unapproachable, and rarely pays attention to the world around him.

Qwertystop
2011-04-17, 08:24 PM
I'd like to enter as God of Motion, is that an acceptable Domain? Birth-event would be when The Raven started the twin spinnings of Day/Night and Seasons.

Name/Epitaphs: Savisses, the Serpent of the Spin
Domain: Travel
Portfolio: Motion (as in never pausing, just keep going, stopping is stagnating) (applies to more than physical movement)
Symbol: A circle that is coiled in loops. Think of a corkscrew bent into a ring.
Favored Weapon: Whip
Class: (Not sure what this is supposed to be)

Brief Description: Savisses appears as a flat snake, wide but not thick, usually undulating in the same corkscrew-ring pattern as his symbol. He hardly ever stops moving. He looks always for ways of bringing smoothness to things which seem erratic, and motion and change to things that are still.

How long until I can join the game?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 08:38 PM
Ok then.
Portfolio: Knowledge
Symbol: an open tome
Description:
Kyrith appears as a 7 foot tall robed human clutching a massive tome that contains all the knowledge in the world. He knows all, and his main goal is to teach all the races of the world as much as he can. He tends to be absent minded and unapproachable, and rarely pays attention to the world around him.

Looks good, even if a bit broad.

I'd like to enter as God of Motion, is that an acceptable Domain? Birth-event would be when The Raven started the twin spinnings of Day/Night and Seasons.

How long until I can join the game?

It looks good though it seems...a bit odd for a God to be simply about motion...I don't see many people worshiping speed...

Qwertystop
2011-04-17, 08:46 PM
It looks good though it seems...a bit odd for a God to be simply about motion...I don't see many people worshiping speed...

Maybe I could redo it, but the Core D&D does have Travel as a domain, and that god who is "the wanderer". I'm not saying rapid motion as in speed, more as in that you keep on going, not pausing, and that applies to more than just physical motion. I'll rephrase it.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 08:53 PM
I understand about the Travel God angle, I just think it could be rephrased as "Journeys" or such.

Qwertystop
2011-04-17, 09:02 PM
I understand about the Travel God angle, I just think it could be rephrased as "Journeys" or such.

No, mine isn't a Travel God, that was just an example I gave. Mine is more like a mix of Travel and Change. The official name of the domain is Travel, or I would have probably rephrased it.

EDIT: How would making gravity loops that go like a sine wave around the world work? Mold/Create Land don't quite fit, and Create Portal doesn't fit since it's all on one plane.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 09:08 PM
I...don't see those two mixing well...not only that but we've got at least 3 Gods of Change, one specially for said Portfolio.As it stands, the Portfolio is...not really a portfolio, it's a philosophy that your God could easily express. As it stands, the Portfolio doesn't really pass the bill on merit that it isn't a portfolio.

Qwertystop
2011-04-17, 09:10 PM
I...don't see those two mixing well...not only that but we've got at least 3 Gods of Change, one specially for said Portfolio.As it stands, the Portfolio is...not really a portfolio, it's a philosophy that your God could easily express. As it stands, the Portfolio doesn't really pass the bill on merit that it isn't a portfolio.

OK, I'll try to think of a good god idea.

nolispe
2011-04-17, 09:39 PM
Ummm... I need a birth story. Should I write up a story of my god coalesing from something, or what?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 09:47 PM
Yes, that works. Even though at least two people suggested how that'd go about :smallwink:

Either through the creation of the Moon, or just coming about as the race's make their homes on the world.

nolispe
2011-04-17, 10:15 PM
How does this sound?

The races had begun to make their homes on the earth. Societies were forming, one by one. And in every society, there existed those who were willing to step forward and lead their fellows, risking all to enforce their will on the world. And these souls offered prayers to on high, praying to some entity that could give them success in their struggles.
A strange orb hung high in the crystal spheres high above, glowing with white light. Yen's second tear was alight, and it's glow attracted the prayers, even as they began to seek a target.
The Prayers coalesed on the sphere, floating in the celestial void. And then a white figure. And even as the silver prayers winged their ways to the figure, it grew in strength. And then, finally, opened it's eyes.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-17, 10:35 PM
You don't need to run the process by everyone, as long as you have an accepted entry into the story that's all you need to post. :smallsmile:

BeardFaceChuck
2011-04-17, 10:46 PM
Did you try the first page? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194459) :smallredface:

As it stands, he's almost identical in both motive and spirit as my God Yen, and while I'm sure there will be some semblance of machinery later as it seems inevitable, I think your God's bent is a little to modern as it stands. :smallredface:

Yeah... dang... didn't really see the resemblance, but I do now :P Ok I'll get back to thinking stool and get myself another idea.

Thanks, I didn't realize that those were all there was to it :)

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 12:10 AM
Nolispe....a few problems with your post.

1. You can't evolve on your first week.
2. You can't evolve more than once in a given week
3. You only start with 3 AP.
4. As has been answered, someone else is looking to play the God of Dragons...and that post stomps all over that.

nolispe
2011-04-18, 12:11 AM
...I just made an opening post. And ended up spending 19 AP.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 12:13 AM
:smallconfused:

You don't have 19 AP to spend. Also...it's a little suspect joining a pantheon with yourself just to get the extra 1 AP...I'm sure you're not doing it to break the rules though.

And again, Planswalker stated he was playing the Dragon God. I think it's a little disrespectful to take it out from under him when he made his intentions quite clear.

nolispe
2011-04-18, 12:14 AM
Nolispe....a few problems with your post.

1. You can't evolve on your first week.
2. You can't evolve more than once in a given week
3. You only start with 3 AP.
4. As has been answered, someone else is looking to play the God of Dragons...and that post stomps all over that.

Okeydoke.

!: Sure.
2: Sure, changing post.
3: Huh? Everyone else seems to be used 18+3.
4: I think I discussed that with him. I'm specifically going for the god of Chromatic Dragons, but i'll withdraw it if he'd prefer.

planswalker
2011-04-18, 12:16 AM
well, other than the fact he spent six times his starting ap, the whole dragon god thing is something he and I worked out.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 12:19 AM
3: Huh? Everyone else seems to be used 18+3.

Only the starting players got the extra AP..but even then they got 20 flat AP without roll over for the first week. I've stated it a few times elsewhere, new players start with Roll Over AP.

well, other than the fact he spent six times his starting ap, the whole dragon god thing is something he and I worked out.

4: I think I discussed that with him. I'm specifically going for the god of Chromatic Dragons, but i'll withdraw it if he'd prefer.

Ah, didn't know that, carry on then. Was just making sure nothing was going on here that wasn't discussed. :smallsmile:

nolispe
2011-04-18, 12:26 AM
Only the starting players got the extra AP..but even then they got 20 flat AP without roll over for the first week. I've stated it a few times elsewhere, new players start with Roll Over AP.

That seems.... Unessesary. Why?

Anyway, post changed. Also, you might want to run through the thread - multiple other people have evolved on turn 1.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 12:34 AM
That was my mistake, didn't mean to add that on there. :smallredface:

As for why the starting people get 20 AP, because having played through many of these games it's a bummer sitting around for a whole week after doing one or two actions.

nolispe
2011-04-18, 12:39 AM
What? So why not give everyone the starting AP? Unless i'm mistaken, i'm still sitting around here after doing one action. Why not give it to everyone? Why do starting players have a right not to be sitting around doing nothing, while players joining later are expected to suck it up?

Simply, that's a good reason. But that reason applies to players joining later, too. So why not just make the boost apply to everyone?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 12:42 AM
Because there's more for the first people to do in the first week of the game then later parts firstly. Creation rests on them and them alone, and normally there aren't that many people at the start. Making tree's and then sitting around for a week is different then you getting to make what you want with 20 AP since all the grunt work is out of the way.

nolispe
2011-04-18, 12:46 AM
It's still fundementally a huge advantage. The starting players have their own races, have landmasses, have civilisations. Other players? Never going to catch up. In seven weeks, then the other players can expect to have the same ability to create as the first players had on day one. Never really going to come anywhere close to the abilities of the first players. And it's not like the world is finished, or even like most of those points went towards creating mutual resources. They went towards building species for the gods that made them, and noone else - it's not like the later players really have this vast bank of generated stuff to work from.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 12:51 AM
Previous games indicate that isn't the case what so ever. I can see where your coming from but past experience simply indicate this isn't the case. Not only that, but if that was the case then players joining six weeks from now aren't going to be able to catch up with players that start today unless they get a massive boost of AP upwards to 60. That will get out of hand swiftly and the point of the game isn't just to spend AP. It's about interaction between Mortals and Gods just as much as spending AP. Lots of actions can be done without AP.

Planswalker summed it up perfectly. The most important things your character does probably won't be done with AP.

nolispe
2011-04-18, 12:56 AM
Sure. It's your game, and if you think it works, then I bow to your experience.
BTW, could you list some actions we could do without AP? I'm bored and feel like posting something, but I can't come up with any ideas.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 12:58 AM
Role Playing with other Gods, role playing your creations. That's the spirit and core activity of the game after all.

nolispe
2011-04-18, 01:03 AM
I don't have any real creations that can act. Not enough AP to create much, see.

So, other gods. I think I might send a few messages...

Do you have any objection to me adopting the moon?

planswalker
2011-04-18, 01:19 AM
well, since I got to pick between escaping the 3 ap trap by evolving or making things I could roleplay with this turn (in a VERY limited manner), I am stuck with a god that is going to just be conveniently tucked away reading the tablet until rollover.

if the 20 ap boost was to be intended for the creation of things to mutually benefit future players and allow other gods to be able to do things in the first few weeks without the ap boost, what happened? This game, at least, all I see is a bunch of personal races that got enough ap built into them to make them civs quickly, while I'm gonna be about a month behind with my own followers. All because I came into the game six days later.

would a smaller boost for non-starting players be unreasonable? Something like 8 ap or so? that away I could actually get stuff to rp with before week 3?

even if I hadn't chosen to evolve on week one, (which, btw, I think every starter did best I can tell), I could choose between three 1 ap actions, one 2 ap action and one 1 ap action, or one 3 ap action.

creating creatures of any sort to follow me would require 2 ap. Having them be more than uncivilized nomads will cost my other 1 ap.

which would leave me stuck having to place them on another god's lands, provided I can get permission to do so.

or I could make them a continent, but have not enough ap to actually make them, unless I just basically stole some of another god's races and made a civ out of them.

I'm not asking for 20 ap or anything, just enough to be able to do stuff in my initial creation which will allow me to rp before week 3.

nolispe
2011-04-18, 01:27 AM
/\: This. He says it so much better than I could, it's not funny.

Also, can I adopt the moon?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 01:29 AM
I can't explain other people's actions, but certainly not every act was a personal thing. The only race that has a civivilization is actually the Elves, and that's because the person spent 2 AP on it, this being the same person who said she'd foot the bill for people to join her pantheon.

The thing here is, in your case and above, you evolved and the other person asking made a God, and if indications of his actions should he have got more AP was to use it as an AP battery...something that still tastes badly but I'm going to go with the benefit of the doubt and hope that wasn't the case. As it stands, two starting players have only 2 AP a week, any hopes of evolving is literally doing nothing or next to nothing for two weeks just to catch up with the base of everyone else. More acts to even get Lesser God if they want it and more to catch up even then. AP to advance does not carry over.

It's a choice, you could have easily waited to spend AP for next roll over or spent it on something else.New players are not the only people who have to wait on AP for actions. I only get 2 AP every week and I live with the choices I made. This isn't a competitive game where being "behind" is some grand handicap either. I can understand where your coming from but...quite frankly the choices were everyone's to make. The fact that new players didn't get 20 AP wasn't hidden either. The problem also comes in as to when enough is enough. Someone is always going to be behind another player. Older players drop out, new people come in. If they're to catch up how much AP are they going to need?

I will, just this once, grant the three new players 3 additional AP. I stress this is the only time I'm doing this.

Also, can I adopt the moon?

I don't particularly understand what this means?

nolispe
2011-04-18, 01:36 AM
It means, can I adopt it as a symbol? I understand if you would prefer to keep it, of course, as it is yours.

planswalker
2011-04-18, 01:37 AM
my argument isn't about catching up, my point was "Why should I have to basically wait a week or 2 after joining before getting to do significant rp?"

I will humbly and graciously accept the proposed 3 extra ap and thank you for it.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 01:39 AM
It means, can I adopt it as a symbol? I understand if you would prefer to keep it, of course, as it is yours.

I don't see why you couldn't? No one's laid claim to it.

I will humbly and graciously accept the proposed 3 extra ap and thank you for it.

You're welcome. :smallsmile:

nolispe
2011-04-18, 01:56 AM
I would also like to enthusiatically accept the 3 xp. Thanks!

Right, the moon is now the symbol of dragonkind.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 02:04 AM
I would also like to point out, should anyone else wish to field this issue that new players do not run the risk of losing their AP, where as the 20 granted at the start is not meant to last unlike actual roll over AP. This is also a reminder to those players who still have said AP.

planswalker
2011-04-18, 02:18 AM
I would also like to enthusiatically accept the 3 xp. Thanks!

Right, the moon is now the symbol of dragonkind.

at least, your dragonkind. The Sun Dragons (aka metallics in traditional dnd) will take to the sun as their symbol.

nolispe
2011-04-18, 02:42 AM
at least, your dragonkind. The Sun Dragons (aka metallics in traditional dnd) will take to the sun as their symbol.

Oh, of course. The Sun Dragons are only a little bit worse than Moon Dragons, after all, and are worthy of far more respect that other, inferior races.

planswalker
2011-04-18, 02:44 AM
the sun dragons are almost as majestic. They're just that tiny little bit better.

nolispe
2011-04-18, 02:53 AM
They are glorious, I give them. But I was unaware that our philisophical differences had such an unfortunate side effect on the judgement of our slow-thinking cousins. It's a shame, but i'm sure we can win them round eventually.

akma
2011-04-18, 05:19 AM
I state again that the evolving action shouldn`t exist in the next LOC game. It adds nothing to the game.

What? So why not give everyone the starting AP? Unless i'm mistaken, i'm still sitting around here after doing one action. Why not give it to everyone? Why do starting players have a right not to be sitting around doing nothing, while players joining later are expected to suck it up?

The starting players have to create basic things like the sun, animals, land, etc (well, not have, but that`s the consensous). While players joining later already have the basic frame made, so they can delve directly to their own creations.
But I think 3 AP is too little.
I`m not sure if 6 AP is enough, but I think I spent 7 AP in my first week, so maybe it is. I think that 6 AP (or more) should be the consensous, and not just a one time bonus.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 05:25 AM
I state again that the evolving action shouldn`t exist in the next LOC game. It adds nothing to the game.

It certainly isn't out of the question.

The starting players have to create basic things like the sun, animals, land, etc (well, not have, but that`s the consensous). While players joining later already have the basic frame made, so they can delve directly to their own creations.
But I think 3 AP is too little.
I`m not sure if 6 AP is enough, but I think I spent 7 AP in my first week, so maybe it is. I think that 6 AP (or more) should be the consensous, and not just a one time bonus.

I will take this under advisement.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 07:43 AM
The full list of Gods, though some may have already lost interest or dropped from the game. Everyone is still included. The list will go on the front page for everyone to see.

Akma: Armin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10745421&postcount=11)
Raven777: The Raven (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10744963&postcount=9)
erictheredd: Quanirti (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10757425&postcount=14), Glithnor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10797609&postcount=170)
Tydorei: Rashnu (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10757931&postcount=16)
Arudin: Aesun (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10758224&postcount=17)
Ajadea: Æmara (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10758276&postcount=18)
Innis Cabal: Yen (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10752619&postcount=13), Sai'Yang (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10784094&postcount=103)
Kellus: Szaklebn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10759159&postcount=25)
blueboy: Rin Bur (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10760457&postcount=41)
Random_person: Tanek (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10739046&postcount=2)
Lord_Gareth: Jivalia (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10790732&postcount=117)
Harnel: Dumagaer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10783855&postcount=97)
planswalker: Kobgolian (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10790682&postcount=116)
nolispe: Venais (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10796510&postcount=155)

Anyone who has made another God needs to make a write up for them as well.

blueboy
2011-04-18, 07:49 AM
I'd like to remindf people that Rin Bur has nobility as a domain. (Post 29 in the IC.)

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 07:51 AM
I'd suggest adding it to your character sheet so people can see it. Several others have done it and when we move off this OOC I'll be doing a Character Sheet in the OOC so everyone can edit that instead. In fact, I'd suggest that for everyone. Update your God as often as you can that way people aren't confused as to who has what.

Garthstus
2011-04-18, 12:44 PM
This looks very interesting. It seems my original idea wasn't so original as I hadn't finished reading a certain post. I'm going to keep looking and considering.

nolispe
2011-04-18, 03:21 PM
Having joined a pantheon, it occurs to me to ask: Can we join more than one? Given that i'm a little worried that we just locked ourselves in at this stage in the game, it might be a good idea to work that out now...:smalltongue:

Raven777
2011-04-18, 03:42 PM
A God can only be in one Pantheon at a time, for several reasons. One is to avoid abuse of the AP bonus granted by the Pantheon, the second is the jist of your third point. Pantheon's are Alliance's and "bloc's" as it were of like minded Gods that get together to fund projects they have equal interest in. Think the Vanir and Æsir as Pantheons. Each was inclinded to different things and even warred against one another. They married between one another but a God was still one or the other.

Pantheons are not required and the bonus AP is just that, a bonus. It isn't intended to be the bulk of creative energy in the game and the low number reflects that. Funding the entire game off Pantheon AP would be slow going, especially at the start as there are only nine Gods at the moment, which would net 4 AP a week, scant numbers for making the world. And that number would be if all the Gods all joined up into one, which would have one or two Gods start the bill.

Pantheons are both an RP thing and a rule thing, the rule and the cost more meant to reward a group of players but also give a cost so they don't get free AP for nothing. After two weeks or with four Gods the action pays for itself which does encourage it to grow, but I think it's fair to say even in the Elemental Gods, many of them won't join another's Pantheon on principle owing to the varying attitudes each God shares.

As for leaving a Pantheon, that is also an RP thing mostly though if two gods drop a Pantheon then you do lose 1 AP a week. The leader I suspect is who ever paid for it but that doesn't always have to be the case. That is a strictly RP thing, so I have no idea what would happen. If you're asking what happens if the person who spent the AP leaves the Pantheon, it still exists. It's made and the points spent so it's a creation in and of itself.

Players can share AP or even gift it to other Players so if you wish to pool your efforts you can still do with or without a Pantheon. That is not readily apparent so I'll add it to the Rules.

This sentence is only there so that the forum stops bitching I cannot post a quote by itself. Bad forum. Bad.

nolispe
2011-04-18, 03:47 PM
OK, cool. That seems comprehensive.

Eldest
2011-04-18, 05:47 PM
Mind if I join in?
And a couple of questions: if I wanted a god of music (to start, more plans later), the portfollio would be music, and would the domain be art, or something else? And any ideas for where he comes from? I though maybe having him somehow related to the echos from Szaklebn's realm, but any other ideas would be good.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 06:17 PM
Mind if I join in?
And a couple of questions: if I wanted a god of music (to start, more plans later), the portfollio would be music, and would the domain be art, or something else? And any ideas for where he comes from? I though maybe having him somehow related to the echos from Szaklebn's realm, but any other ideas would be good.

Everyone's willing to join, and that would be Craft I suppose. I think that's a good idea, though perhaps a merging of the Echo's of Szaklebn's realm and the creation of Yen's works, as he is the God of Beauty and Literature.

Eldest
2011-04-18, 09:14 PM
So something like:
Alden, The Wandering
Domain: craft
Portfolio: music, Kryptish, weather
Symbol: A reed flute
Favored Weapon: saber
Divine Rank: demigod (with one evolution)

Alden appears as a tall young man, with cloths well worn by traveling. He wanders the world, seeing what he can and making a change if one occurs to him. He believes that a static world be dull, and tries to promote change. However, he thinks that change for it's own sake is a bad idea, and should happen for a reason. In other words, he would be a neutral good god if we were using the alignment square. He like all the races, but favors his Kryptish above of of all.
changes in orange

Any suggestions? First time doing something like this so...

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 09:25 PM
Yep, looks about right. :smallsmile:

As it was taken under advisement, all starting players start with 6 AP. The new players before this went into effect still got 6 ap, 3 and 3 so it doesn't count towards them, only the people starting after this post.

Eldest
2011-04-18, 10:08 PM
Ok, so I would start out with 5 (demigod, not lesser). Do I need to get permission from somebody to pop into existence from one of their things? Or could I just say "hello, world"? (probably going to be from the echo room or the dreamworld, not sure which yet)

Innis Cabal
2011-04-18, 10:10 PM
No, you get 6, it's a flat number. And nope, you can just pop in if you have a good enough entry. So go right ahead :smallsmile:

Eldest
2011-04-18, 10:30 PM
Ok, cool. Six is... Well, one better than five.
And now I just need to dicide which of three ideas to use for Alden's creation.

planswalker
2011-04-19, 12:26 AM
Go with option #2

nolispe
2011-04-19, 12:38 AM
Noooooo! Go with #3! He's trying to lure you into a trap!

planswalker
2011-04-19, 12:42 AM
*Turns Noclipse into Akbar*

IT'S A TRAP!

nolispe
2011-04-19, 12:45 AM
*looks at self*

Oh.
*Runs away, screaming and sobbing uncontrollably*

On an unrelated note, what would it take to raise demigods into lesser deities in their own right? I have plans for Tanaris, you see. Dragonkind will rise triumphant. And when that happens, I want him to be able to stand on his own four feet and wings. :smallamused:

Garthstus
2011-04-19, 02:48 AM
How about this:

Vlaksoth
Lesser God
Domain: Void
Portfolio: Darkness
Symbol: A black sphere on a dark blue background
Favored Weapon: Knife

Description: Vlaksoth appears as a wraith-like humanoid. He wears a combination of shadowy robes and actual shadows. His form fades in and out as smoke in a light breeze. His voice is soft and comes out in whispers.

Vlaksoth doesn't go out of his way to undo all of creation. That isn't how he likes to put his touch on things. Finding that it's possible to take hurt away as well as pleasure or happiness, Vlaksoth tends toward a cruel neutrality. Vlaksoth has a dry sense of humor that borders on being mean. He tends to keep other beings at arms length both with his odd demeanor and a lack of emotion.

Birth Event: The stirring of a being after the words, ""Everything that has a beginning has an end..." had been said. And it's these words that echo constantly in his head.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-19, 02:53 AM
*looks at self*

Oh.
*Runs away, screaming and sobbing uncontrollably*

On an unrelated note, what would it take to raise demigods into lesser deities in their own right? I have plans for Tanaris, you see. Dragonkind will rise triumphant. And when that happens, I want him to be able to stand on his own four feet and wings. :smallamused:

Gain Domain Adds a Domain to your list. You must have a related portfolio element, and have spent 9 other points on actions that relate to the portfolio. To advance to Intermediate deity status, you must have at least 3 domains. To advance to Greater, you must have at least 5.

Gain Portfolio Element This is required to gain domains, and helps to flavor your deity. The act of acquiring a portfolio does not count for gaining a domain.

Should answer the question.

How about this:

Vlaksoth
Lesser God
Domain: Void
Portfolio: Darkness
Symbol: A black sphere on a dark blue background
Favored Weapon: Knife

Description: Vlaksoth appears as a wraith-like humanoid. He wears a combination of shadowy robes and actual shadows. His form fades in and out as smoke in a light breeze. His voice is soft and comes out in whispers.

Vlaksoth doesn't go out of his way to undo all of creation. That isn't how he likes to put his touch on things. Finding that it's possible to take hurt away as well as pleasure or happiness, Vlaksoth tends toward a cruel neutrality. Vlaksoth has a dry sense of humor that borders on being mean. He tends to keep other beings at arms length both with his odd demeanor and a lack of emotion.

Birth Event: The stirring of a being after the words, ""Everything that has a beginning has an end..." had been said. And it's these words that echo constantly in his head.

It's well written but there are at least three gods similar or nearly identical to this. This is also the concept of the Entropy Gods, which there are three of at the moment. At this time, another would be overloading it even if his goals did not mesh with the three of them.

nolispe
2011-04-19, 03:51 AM
I already read through that - it doesn't say what the requirements for a demigod going to lesser god are. It just gives required actions to go from lesser god to intermediate god.

EDIT: On a further reading, is raising a demigod simply a three-dot action? Is the lack of other requirements intentional?

Innis Cabal
2011-04-19, 04:09 AM
Demi-Gods need one more Domain then their starting Domain to access the Divine Ascension Power. It got lost in the conversion from the old rules to now. I understand that means they only need one Domain to jump from Lesser to Intermediate but it takes much longer for a Demi-God to achieve that one single Domain then it does for a Lesser God to do the same.

Over-Gods are special circumstances, and require mod approval before they can ascend after they reach the 50 AP limit whilst in Greater God Status. AP is not cumulative, you have to spend that much AP as the God Rank to get to the next. Over-Gods are very powerful and special, and there will probably not be more then one or two by the end of this, if at all.

I say this knowing that it's a goal of one of the players to reach said rank, but that's the cut. Over-Gods are only a step under the Creator himself, beings fully capable of creating their own tiny microcosm if they so willed it. Power levels at that stage easily break the game down to a "No you don't" situation when ever the Over God dislikes a move someone else does which grows less and less fun as the game goes on.

Croverus
2011-04-19, 04:30 AM
So, I haven't been keeping up with this due to me running a Spore game and 4 pokemon TTA gams, as well as playing in 2 D&D 3.5 games... Have you started letting new gods be born besides the primary gods?

I had an idea for a god of time who is sired by the god of entropy. Basically this time god's schtick is that all things end in time and he acts like a sort of grim reaper, tracking how much time is left in a creature's existance. Immortal beings are tracked as it is possible they could be destroyed, but he ony knows when time will catch up to a creature, not how or why or where.

Also, unlike many enforcer of this type of thing he doesn't look down on undeath and such. In fact he finds it a curious and interesting thing and escaping death only means the end of a creatures time among the living and the beginning of their time among the undead. He knows that even undeath is not eternal and laughs at those that think it will give true immortality.

Also he'd be more youthful than previous time gods. If someone already took time, I'll go ponder something else. If time is still open I'll post a skeleton to be reviewed.