PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Kingmaker Part I - Stolen Lands



Pages : [1] 2 3

arkol
2011-04-10, 04:36 PM
10 Gozran 4711 AR - Oathday

It's now spring time in Golarion, and the warm weather has by now swept away the last vestiges of winter in the Greenbelt. You leave the non-official boundaries of Brevoy into the technically-still-Rostland-but-in-practice-no-man's-land known has Stolen Lands.

You travel for a few days with your companions till you reach your initial destination, an old fort now transformed into a small trading post, Oleg's.

As you approach the old building you can first spot the towers that corner the palisade and then the palisade itself. The palisade is in a decent condition but has obviously been repaired recently.


Feel free to make your intro posts



Add the charter to your inventory:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/arkol/Kingmaker/Charter.jpg

dr.cello
2011-04-10, 05:30 PM
Cirila, NG half-elf ranger
On the road, Cirila proves an amiable enough traveling companion--curious without being annoying about it, and equally friendly to everyone. She has little enough to say about herself, but it seems more out of a genuine belief that nobody is interested in her stories than out of having anything to hide. If pressed she reveals a life on the frontier not too far from here, mostly spent living off the land--farming, hunting, trapping--and training in preparation for bandit attacks. "We had an elf stay with us in the village for a year. He taught me quite a bit. I don't know where he went." If questioned about her elven heritage, she merely shrugs.

She did, however, happily reveal that she knew where Oleg's was, having visited with her father once some months ago to purchase supplies. She concludes her story (which is a little patchy on details) on the note that, "I bet they've done a lot with the place since then. I liked them a lot. I hope they're doing all right."

The sight of fresh repairs to the palisades doesn't seem to bother her. She dismounts from her horse--a grey mare called Sasha--as she approaches, and calls out cheerfully, "Hello? Mr. Levton?"

If anyone needs stuff carried, Sasha has saddlebags which are completely empty so far.

Archive
2011-04-10, 06:15 PM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

In all your days, you're not sure you've met anyone as strange as your half-orc companion.

You first met him when the charter for the expedition was signed. His mixed heritage was clear, right from the start. His face is flat for an orc and his frame is smaller, but his forehead is more sloped and his body larger than normal for a human. The golden eyes and hunched posture reinforces the inhumanness of his background, while the thick grey beard and smallish mouth gives him an almost human appearance to the lower half of his face.

He was already waiting in the meeting room when you arrived, sitting on the floor in the corner of the room. He looked dressed for the middle of winter, thick elk hide covered his body, though the smell of them suggested that the hide was not cured correctly. Under the hides the half-orc wore a strange armor made of wooden boards, layered one on top the other, similar to scale mail, but each wooden scale being bigger.

When you entered the room he was already staring right at you, as if he knew just when you would walk though the doorway. His golden eyes focused on you unblinking, not meeting your gaze. He said nothing, just continued to stare, and you could see his nose twich, as if he was trying to smell you from across the room.

The only introduction he recieved was when the official informed all of you that he would be acting as a guide and tracker for the expedition. When it came time to sign the paperwork, a large "x" clumsily drawn, already marked the page. Next to it, in a feminine writ, was the name Wolfe. You can only assume that the name belongs to him.

Since setting out he has hardly said two words together, although he appears to listen and understand when other talk to him. Most questions go unanswered, or are responded to in terse one and two sylable words. The first night he stayed watch he woke everyone by howling at the moon. Even when he was asked to stop, he simply moved farther away from the camp and continued. The next morning the expedition had grown by another member, as a large female wolf begain to follow the group.

The second night was little better, as everyone else was setting up camp and collecting fire wood, the brutish looking fellow tied his horse to a tree and proceeded to butcher it. He offered the meat around silently after he had a chance to cook it, before he and his wolf tucked in.

The next morning had him recooking a few hunks of meat, which he has snacked in the days since. Still, the amount of food eaten seems insufficient to keep him full, even with the berry or two you've seen him snack on.

With his animalistic behavior, it was quite a surprise when earlier today he began to mumble to himself, and water appeared out of nowhere, raining down upon him and into his open mouth. You amost didn't believe your eyes, but the dripping wet half-orc was hard to ignore. You watched him, hoping for a repeat preformance, but none came.

As the palisade came into view, you again heard the unmistakeable sound of sniffing from the wild man.

I know we've already done this, so there is no real reason for it, but perception check to get more information on the fort. Remember, I have the scent ability as well, so I can perceive lingering smells.

[roll0]

King Tius
2011-04-10, 07:59 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
A tall, slender elf with disheveled blond hair and crystal green eyes has proven a most talkative an glamorous addition to your group. If it weren't for the constant clinking of his alchemical vials, you'd swear he was a bard. Dressed in boiled leather and wearing clothes slightly gaudier than you'd expect, he has proven an almost unstoppable source of debaucherous stories and exploits. Though he scarcely looks the part, he has apparently been partying since before many of you were born and has bedded over half the elven women south of Brevoy.

He proves to be an incredibly friendly and possesses an almost indomitably-optimistic spirit. Despite his age and apparent skill with alchemy, he still seems very much the immature youth. His clothes are worn and he confesses to be quite broke but you get the feeling that he comes from money and knows how to handle himself in high society. The light horse he travels with bears his gear and some backup alchemical supplies but she seems to be his only notable possession other than a cheap dagger he uses as a dinner utensil.

Since he has yet to display any of his alchemical skills, all you can gather is that he is blessed with the elven ability to summon light at his touch and has the drinking habits of a Dwarf.

When the outpost comes into view, he sighs loudly and leans his head back, shouting into the air.

"Finally! A break from all this walking! I love a good stroll as much as the next pointy-eared bastard, but this was getting to be quite boring."

He casts an uneasy glance in Wolfe's direction, apparently not-quite-used to traveling with the wild man.

Zealumieo
2011-04-10, 08:08 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

From the day of the Charter signing to the outpost, Alexis traveled by her companions. She was an unusual sort of Woman- at first glance one would've assumed she was an effeminate man. She was tall, rather square in build, and her Reddish brown hair was rather short. Upon close inspection of her hands and bare skin- there were small, almost hidden away cuts and then there was also a firmness to everything that implied hard labor. Despite being brown in color, her eyes both seemed to brighten and match her livelier hair at times.

Her traveling clothes were simple, fitted to be comfortable under her armor. The various pieces of leather in her wardrobe were all branded with the Holy symbol of Erastil, a bow made of elk horns that held a downward arrow. To one side, there was a light steel shield slightly worn from use, the spikes laden upon it beginning to become dull. On the other, an oddity- some non-native sword that was curved instead of straight. She rode a Palomino horse, golden coat and white hair, rather clumsily. Despite that, she still gave it a nice name of Sunbell.

Following her personality, Alexis did not approach her acquaintances in a meek and timid manner. In fact one could describe her approach as direct, honest, and possibly methodical. Her first greetings were always followed by easy to relate to conversation. Talk of seasons, families, traditions, and events. And when they became comfortable with her, she'd move onto personal matters- their histories, their professions, and even why they were on this trek. After each question or exchange, she'd wait patiently- giving her own personal information if it seemed to be an interest to her partner. The last four years were easy to speak about, her childhood even easier, however on the topic of her teen years she excused herself. There had to always be a boundary between acquaintances- and crossing that when it was inappropriate would only hinder the group rather then bolster trust. That said, Alexis still had an enjoyable time... sharing stories, offering help when she could give it, and making jokes (with some surprisingly dirty or loose ones for a paladin and others at her own expense). Although she wasn't the best at making camp, Alexis payed attention- even requesting for help when she needed it and eventually helping others with their task when she became more certain of herself.

It was rather obvious on why Alexis easily related to Cirila. In fact, she appreciated the direct assistance she had on guiding the group to the outpost. As a friendly request, Alexis asked the Half-elf to introduce them to the Levetons since she already knew the couple. The elf was an interesting character, full blooded elves were less common- and this one seemed to be quite the quirky type. But in general he seemed agreeable and harmless enough. As for Wolfe, despite everyone else's expectations to use caution or keep him in line- the paladin was rather patient in his case. Like the others- she approached him in a friendly manner... As they left the civilized area's she even helped him make his way out of those places- as they seemed bewildering to him. But as they went deeper and deeper into the wilderness, Alexis often came to him humbly for advice on his areas of expertise. For indeed, on both her senior elf (Despite not acting the part at all) and the natural half-orc accounts, she valued their advice when they shared it after her pestering. After observing him for a couple of days, Wolfe seemed like a decent man- if only a solitary one. Alexis made it a personal project to try to get him to open up- they'd be hopefully working together for months so even though she wished to rush it- she willed herself to be a bit more patient.

Approaching the Pallisade, the paladin was deep in thought... something she tended to do fairly often- well, where her mouth wasn't open and she wasn't running about. She stared at the site, already being distracted by herself, she didn't expect to notice much.

arkol
2011-04-10, 08:33 PM
As you get closer to the trading post you can hear a clear sound of hammering. Constant and almost like clockwork. Three loud thuds, a few seconds of silence, and again the hammering.

The towers that corner the trading post are at least twice the size of the palisade making them about 20ft high, as you figure the walls are about 10ft. Each contains some sort of siege-engine, but by the looks of it, they lost their funcionality long time ago. As you stroll through the door you can clearly identify 3 one-storied buildings.

The second largest of them is furthest back, and the figure of a human can be seen moving around on top. He seems to be the source of the hammering.
To the left it's the largest of them and it's clear from the head of a horse sticking out that this one is a stable. On the lower-right corner there's a narrow building. In front of you there's a small storage pen, withe wooden fences and a lite wooden roof. The buildings form a loose 35 x 30 courtyard, with plenty of space in between each other. A single wagon is parked near the gates, quite empty but with a tarp thrown over it to keep rain from damaging it. Between the right-side buildings two large wooden tables stand with matching long-running benches.

A pleasent smell of food fills your nostrils as you walk in but Wolfe feels something else. A rather foul and rotten smell coming from the northwestern area of the fort.

As Cirila shouts for Oleg the hammering stops and the man you saw in the roof stands up, almost looses his balance, but with a few arm waves he manages to regain it.

He look puzzleded. He looks at Cirila first, clearly tring to recall whre he knows her from. After an awkward moment his eyebrows raise on his temple and he shouts

"Oh yes, er... you're... er... his daughter. Celia! Hello Celia! I'll be right there!"

He vanishes and you can hear him getting down a ladder and he finally emerges from behind the building. He stops for a moment when he realizes there's four of you and he lets out a scared "AH!" when he sees Wolfe. When he realizes you're all together he continues towards you and adresses Cirila.

"Well met! I thought you were back with your father for a few supplies...." he eyes the rest of the group. "... but clearly you have other bussiness here today."

dr.cello
2011-04-10, 08:50 PM
Cirila, NG half-elf ranger

Cirila doesn't bother correcting Oleg on her name, or appear to be bothered by it much. "Aye, we're, er, chartered explorers. Though I'm sure Father will be back soon. This is Alexis, Binderal, and this here is Wolfe. He doesn't talk much, but he's very nice." She gestures at each of her companions in turn. "They needed a guide who knew the lands, so I thought I'd help. We could use some supplies, a place to stay, and, well." She glances back at Alexis. "I'll let Alexis tell you more, but it's good to see you. You seem to be doing well for yourself." There's a hint of a question to her voice here.

Archive
2011-04-10, 09:23 PM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

As the "wolves" approch the gate, it's not clear which of the two is more tenative about entering. They look cautiously look about as they cross the portal, ready to pounce into fight or flight mode at a moments notice. When nothing jumps out at them, the two slowly begin to calm down. Still, wanting to stay close as possible to the exit, Wolfe remains in the back.

When the sweaty man comes down to greet them, Wolfe's full attention turns on him. Wolfe ignores the eyes...animals lie with their eyes all the time, it's their bodies that matter, where they put their feet, where they tense and relax; whether they smell like fear or rage. "Scared...prey. No need fight" Wolf thinks to himself.

Satisfied, Wolfe turns away, listening to what is said but focusing elsewhere. Animals that use words lie with them too...but smells don't lie, and neither do tracks. While the talkers talk, Wolfe sets about checking out the immediate area, getting low to the ground to get a better sense of things sniffing the places where an animal might leave its mark and inspecting the tracks on the ground for clues to the kind of fauna likely to be encountered.

Wolfe even sniffs at the sweaty man again, though he keeps some distance. Prey can still be dangerous, after all. Wolfe might not remember his name or even his face after a few weeks, but the memory of his smell will stick around for far longer.

Survival check to pick out tracks. I suspect it will just be humans, horses, rodents and possibly a dog or two. If there is anything else let me know.

[roll0]

King Tius
2011-04-10, 09:57 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist

Binderal extends his hand with a warm smile. "You must be Oleg! Pleasure to meet you. Say now, do you happen to have any wine or beer in this fine little fort of yours? I'd slay a dragon for a stiff drink right about now." As Wolfe starts sniffing about the place he can't help but raise an eyebrow and shake his head. "Don't mind him, he hit his head one too many times chasing after his pet dog."

Zealumieo
2011-04-11, 12:22 AM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

At Cirila's introduction, Alexis stepped in after the queue, "Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Mister Leveton, despite the informal actions of our two men-" She obviously exhaled a stilled breath but made no motion to chide either of them, "We're here on behalf of both the Swordlords and the Dragonscale throne to civilize these lands." After a quick glance to double check on Wolfe to make sure he wasn't getting into anything, Alexis shrugged and focused her gaze back on her host. She met the man's eyes directly, "But honestly, we're here to provide any assistance to established peoples living here first. Don't let the stiff text fool you."

Holding up the official charter for Oleg to observe, Alexis went over the words accordingly. After the short proclamation, the paladin relaxed, as if several weights had left her mind, "Now then, I compliment your family's survival out on these lands and am doubly excited to see that you're of good health and hearth. Don't be too alarmed by Wolfe, all he's doing his own form of familiarizing of the area- and I will attempt to keep Binderal's crasser behaviors away from your wife." Tsking, she re-rolled the charter- considering a moment to smack the two of them with it before placing it back in the packs.

"What we need most urgently at the moment is the status of the roaming bandits if you know of it. Possibly some healthy advice on where civilized hubs filled with natives are located. Smalls steps though, I'm no economist- but if this expedition is successful this Outpost will be seeing a larger flow of travelers." Smiling warmly, Alexis hoped she was giving the man the assurances he wanted to hear.

Guessing he's not (lol) unfriendly. Diplomacy! Woo...
[roll0]
Influence attitude... That is if he actually stays to talk.

arkol
2011-04-11, 09:39 AM
Oleg smiles as Cirila speaks but his smile quickly fades when Wolfe starts sniffing around, he shakes Binderal's hand but keeps an eye on the half-orc and the elf's word don't really seem to do anything to put him more at ease. His attention finally shifts to Alexis when she mentions you are here to "civilize these lands", but his expression is not exactly a welcomed one.

He reads the charter and for the rest of Alexis speech his jaw slowly keeps dropping, leaving his mouth open. He's listening to what you're saying but clearly he's not understanding it all.

Just as Alexis finishes speaking a figure emerges from the door of the upper-right building. Cirila recognizes her as Svetlana, Oleg's wife. Svetlana is blonde, pretty, and a bit younger than Oleg. Her hands show plenty of wear, but her face bears the marks of many smiles, and though her clothing is wool she's gone to the trouble of embroidering it with colored patterns and small bits of ribbon here and there. She smiles at the group and waves inviting them into the building.

"Come, come. You should be starving."

Oleg grunts and heads towards the building "You can stable your horses there" he says pointing at the stables, but he's no longer looking at you.

To Wolfe

The tracks you find are what you expected. Human tracks mostly, a few hoves and the odd small animal. You don't find any dog or cat footprints, but you can clearly see that the entrance of the trading post has had the most use for few grasses grow there.

Zealumieo
2011-04-11, 02:19 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

"Hum... Happy to take that offer." She trailed off a bit, seemed like she missed the mark with Oleg. But a moment later she brightened up again, just had to try a different approach. "I'll take Sasha off your hands. It'll be a moment." Grabbing a set of 2 reigns, Alexis walked off into the stable. She left Cirila a chance to possibly catch up with the missus.

King Tius
2011-04-11, 02:47 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist

Binderal gives his horse an enthusiastic pat on the rump and moves to follow Alexis. Once they've reached the stables, he chuckles and nods his head in the direction of the house.

"Quite a warm welcome, wouldn't you say? Can't say I blame them, as hard as it is out here. Still, you'd think he'd be a little more appreciative of his knights in shining armor riding in to his rescue." He manages to hold a straight face after delivering the line for a whole two seconds before he breaks out into giggles.

As he brushes off his horse, he gives her an affectionate kiss on the side of her head and mutters something softly in Elven that Alexis just manages to hear. Clearly he does not expect the human lass to speak Elven.

Whisper

"There, there, Mother. All cleaned up and ready for an apple?"

Zealumieo
2011-04-11, 04:23 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

"Knights?" she said incredulously, laughing with him after a moment, "Right. We all probably look like greenhorns to him. With your requests for booze, stacked with our wildman I'm surprised he didn't chase us off for being hooligans. Ugh, I don't think I'm going to read from the document again- kind of sounds dry... really depressingly dry. Its like telling the bandits to not turn themselves in because their two options are run, or die." Her musings seemed to be a bit more emotional then usual. Brushing off Celia's horse first and then supplying hay to all three, she stopped at Sunbell last.

"Do anything beyond looking purdy at Miss Leveton and I'll have a mind to spank you- if Oleg doesn't punish you first." Waving the wide and flat leather of her Scimitar's scabbard at him, Alexis did look like she was serious about it with her stern face and all.

After remember his reference to his horse as mother in Elven, Alexis moved onto a different subject, "But anyways... are you lonely? I mean, Wolfe has- his wolf and Cirila has her family but you- talking about drowning yourself in booze the moment you meet someone. It isn't helping you at all when you do that."

Archive
2011-04-11, 04:29 PM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Wolfe lags a bit behind, finishing his searching about then bringing up the rear. As the group splits up Wolfe takes the opportunity to enchant a few berries from his pouch. When he's done, he moves after Oleg towards the house.

The smell of food is enticing; the pace the group has set hasn't left enough time for hunting. Wolfe could feed himself and his packmates for months on nothing but berries, but a berry, no mater how enchanted isn't very filling. Real food is always a welcome addition.

Goodberry got nerfed, now each berry is only worth one meal instead of a day's worth. Oh well, still enought for me. I cast Goodberry twice:

[roll0]

dr.cello
2011-04-11, 08:10 PM
Cirila, NG half-elf ranger

Cirila graciously lets Alexis take care of the horses, and follows Svetlana inside.

"Good to see you, Mrs. Leveton," says Cirila cheerfully here. "The others will be along soon. Just taking care of the horses. And while we're staying here, let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. And, er," she glances over at the stables. "Has there been any trouble around these parts lately? We're supposed to explore the Stolen Lands and clear out the bandits but it always seemed to me like the bandits were everywhere. I was hoping this would be a good place to start." She hesitates. "And there's a few things I was hoping to pick up, but we can save that business until after dinner. I don't want to be a bother." She smiles apologetically. "Dinner smells amazing, what is it?"

King Tius
2011-04-11, 09:03 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist

The eccentric elf looks more than a little taken aback by Alexis's words. Quick with a smile as ever, he coyly grins and gives her a bit of a whistle. "oh, I've got plenty of things to keep me distracted from Oleg's pretty wife." He returns to his brushing. "How can I be lonely when I make so many friends with all my drinking? Why, look at us? We've barely known each other a week and you're already worried about me! And what about you? What's got a pretty girl like you riding around with louts like me and Wolfy?"



OOC: LOLOLOLLOLOLOLL YOU SAID ELVIS INSTEAD OF ELVEN.

Zealumieo
2011-04-11, 09:21 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

"Why not? I don't see an issue with being sent along with the three of you. Doubt the Swordlords set us out with the firm belief we'd all die out here. I just believe they all saw some form of potential in all of us to manage this. And it doesn't seem like you can't hold an intelligent conversation when your sober." Frowning, Alexis adjusted her undercoat- tugging at the edges, "And what drinking buddies? Doubtful you remember their names in the drunken malaise of the tavern. I don't care about you because you drink. I... care... for some other reasons." The Horse brush made a few circles in the air as Alexis made a few wide hand gestures.

Like Binderal, she'd proceeded to brush her horse again- if only a bit faster, "It'll take more then some senseless debauchery for me to consider you stupid... I mean, true to the definition of stupid. That said, I-" Alexis seemed to continue in a smug tone, "have a long sword, and you have a tiny pointy dagger. I own your man card so far." There was a small snerk under her breath after a short pause.

DAMNIT MAN! I WILL BURN YOU IN THE THOUSAND FIRES OF HELL!

arkol
2011-04-12, 07:08 AM
As Cirila and Wolfe enter the cottage Svetlana points you to a small room to the left. It's a small and simple dinning room. She's carrying a pair of mismatched chairs so everyone has a place to sit at the table.

The smell of food fills the room and you don't need any enhanced sense of smell to smell the hearty stew and warm bread. Svetlana has even opened a bottle of elven mead (ooc: uhoh...).

Svetlana tells you to sit and then waits at the door for the others. Oleg grunts to himself and starts eating even with his wife's polite coughs protesting.

At the mention of their mission to clear the area of bandits Oleg almost chokes on a piece of meat he was chewing and starts speaing with his mouth still half-full

"We got a bandit problem alright! Damn bast cough cough cough!" he chokes again.

"Serves you right" says Svetlana. She's not smiling anymore. "Yes, indeed, we have been hading a continuous problem with a local group of thugs Cerila. We've sent word to Restov..."

"Again and again and again!"

"... They recently agreed to send a patrol to guard the trading post, and we have been expecting them, but no word from them so far..."

For those more interested in the food, it tastes deliciously.


where is wolfnette?

King Tius
2011-04-12, 07:37 AM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
"Oh I see how it is, the miss thinks that because her pointy stick is bigger than mine she's got me beat. These little bottles aren't just for show, Love, you'll see. Besides, I had me a big pointy sword once, and a bow, too. Had to sell it, though, so I could keep the old gal with me." He gives the horse another gentle pat on the rump as he sets down the brush. Despite his nonchalant and slightly boorish attitude, Alexis detects a deep sadness in this silly Elf, though he does his best to hide it. "Now, let's go see if the wine here is as stiff as that grump of a man." He starts strolling towards the main building, idly weaving in a not-quite-straight line and whistling as he goes.

Zealumieo
2011-04-12, 11:31 AM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

Binderal's confidence in some colored vials initially confused her. As she never had a long term experience with Alchemists it was understandable. However it wasn't enough of a distraction to take notice of the tiny cracks in his voice. Again a moment of quiet thought went through her as she followed him outside soon after.

To unfocused to comment on the elf's way of walking, she did remember one thing which actually began a train of thought, "Quite honestly, you probably can drink as much as you please. But- would you be so resistant to the idea of abstaining at certain points? Places where the environment is dangerous and the people are less then friendly or honest? I don't want to be required to keep an eye on you or anyone else whole days, full weeks. I will regardless- Even if you complain about it. I don't want to find you in a ditch. Dead. Just like I don't want to go up and tell Cirila's parents she was killed. Or how I want to be there to prevent authorities for hanging Wolfe because they saw him standing there- doing nothing."

Jogging a bit to catch Binderal before he entered the house, Alexis' face obviously reflected a honest sense of fear, "Wolfe doesn't know how to. Cirila is still young. You're the only person so far who could possibly have an iota of responsibility and it would do wonders here." Realizing she was still holding the first thing she could grab on the Elf's body, Alexis quickly make a jerking motion to glance to her side and then awkwardly drop him arm. There was a bit of panic in her movements- as it seemed she had looked inside already, "Slap me." she whispered, "I literally do want to keep face. Just... don't give me a black eye or something."

King Tius
2011-04-12, 12:27 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
"Don't worry, I won't let our adventuring interfere with my drinking...wait...no, that's right. I may be an odd bird, but you can count on me." At the request to be slapped, Binderal recoils, quite literally, and pulls himself free of Alexis's hand. "What? You want me to hit you? No! What kind of brute do you think I am?"

Archive
2011-04-12, 01:33 PM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Whatever meat is in the stew quickly disappears as Wolfe focuses on getting most of it when he goes for seconds. Much of it gets shared with the wolf sitting at his feet, and if anyone so much as gives him a dirty look about it, Wolfe growls back.

After finishing up his seconds, Wolfe fishes the flavoring bones out of the stew with the serving spoon, and begins gnawing on one bone while the other wolf gnaws on the other.

Zealumieo
2011-04-12, 01:51 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

"What're you? I'm not asking you to punch me or anything. Even girls can sl-" The eye roll was an obvious given. However it soon after dropped away into a short laugh, "Hehe... sensitive pixey fingers. Okay I think that did it. Here's the door. Jeeze isn't like you don't know how to give a sensible slap. I bet women have provided you plenty over the years" Holding open the door, she ushered the elf inside and joined everyone else at the table.

dr.cello
2011-04-12, 07:50 PM
Cirila, NG half-elf ranger

"Well, we're here, and even without this charter I'd offer you my sword." Cirila nods emphatically. "Don't need a piece of paper to help a friend in need. Just say the word. We can track them to their hideout easily enough."

As the others come inside she waves cheerfully. "There you are!" She turns her attention to the Levetons again. "And while we're here, I was wondering if you had anything around the trading post we could use to make maps? Pens, parchment, ink, a map-making kit. I have some gold, of course. But, well, there's a lot of wilderness out there."

arkol
2011-04-12, 07:59 PM
As Binderal and Alexis enter the dinning room you can see that at least WOlfe and Oleg have not waited for anyone. Judging by the stains of stew around Wolfe's plate, his first serving is long gone.

Meanwhile Oleg slams his fist on the table interrupting Cirila speech

"Track'em? TRACK'EM!? There's no need to track'em! They're due tomorrow!"

Svetlana tries to calm him down but she seems nervous herself.

dr.cello
2011-04-12, 08:10 PM
Cirila, NG half-elf ranger

"Don't worry, we'll take care of them," says Cirila confidently. "But tell us as much as you can about their attacks. There's not many of us, so we need to be ready." She gives a look to each of her companions in turn here, trying to gauge their reactions--she certainly wasn't expecting to run into trouble this early, but she'd spent her whole life preparing for moments like this.

King Tius
2011-04-12, 08:12 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
Binderal looks gingerly at the stew, his hands raising up daintily as he peers down at what little stew Wolfe has left. He quickly spoons himself some stew and chows down heartily, pausing only long enough to look up at Svetlana and ask politely for some wine:

"Do you have a bit of wine or ale to wash down this great stew, Love?" He glances quickly at Alexis, "just a cup, please."

When the bandits are mentioned, he coughs slightly and takes an awkward swallow of stew. "Oh don't worry, I have just the potion for their ilk."

arkol
2011-04-12, 08:27 PM
"Yes, of course, it's right there behind the bread." says Svetlana. For a moment she seems to forget what she was about to say to Cirila, but then she's back on track. She takes a few steps towards Olge and rests her hands on his shoulders.

"There's this group of bandits that has been... "collecting taxes" from us..." Oleg makes a face when she says this. "They have been here three times. The first time there was a dozen of them. Ten brutish thugs, plus two others, who seemed to be the leaders. One of them was a man with a bow and the other a woman who carreid two small hatchets. She had a way about her... and the things she said... she terrifies me. Luckily she didn't return the next times, but the first time she was very clear as to what they would do if we didn't pay... to the camp... to Oleg... to me..." Svetlana is getting more nervous by recouting the events, but Oleg gently takes her hands and kisses one of them. She breathes deeply and continues.

"The second time only the other man came. He only brought six men with him. Unlike the woman he didn't speak much, save for the rude comments he made on me. The third time was no different save that they were only five in total. I think they have let their guard down by now. They know only me and Oleg stay here..."


yes yes it's deja vu all over again. What can I do...

dr.cello
2011-04-12, 09:06 PM
Cirila

"When do they come? Do they come into the trading post? Are they on foot?" Cirila smiles apologetically. "Sorry, I don't mean to pound you with questions. I'm just trying to think of our resources. We have four of us, plus three horses and the fort itself. I think we should try to trap them in here, though I could take Sasha and run them down if they manage to flee." She taps her chin thoughtfully. "Probably best to be quick and simple. Basic hiding spots and a shouted signal, cut them down while they're in disarray, chase down any stragglers, then follow their tracks back to their lair once we're done. Then if we hurry we can get to their camp before they're expecting their friends back and figure the rest out from there."

She glances at her companions again. "Just thinking aloud. I don't know much about how you all fight."

arkol
2011-04-12, 09:13 PM
"Yes they always come riding horses just before the sunrise. One for each men, and usually a couple more to carry anything extra. The last time we just had everything ready for them. They entered the fort, packed up and left. They seemed eager to get back to their camp somewhere in the Greenbelt, which I belive means that the camp is no more that a day's ride away..."

Zealumieo
2011-04-12, 10:18 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

At the mention of Thieves and Taxes, Alexis was quite sorry to choke on the delicious food. "Kaff- Koff. Merflebandits?" She took a moment to turn to the side and pound on her sternum. Taking a few scant moments to wipe off foodbits from her face, Alexis actually began following the conversation again, "Seeing as we have a smaller group and a tracker, I see no issue with the idea of entrapping the 'tax' (a hard T in the word indicated her obvious distaste in the choice of word) collectors here at the outpost." Turning to the couple she added, "If thats acceptable to you two. It is your property, I don't want to endanger you without some form of consent."

Indeed, even though the Paladin had not mentioned the option. With the employment of their groups trackers- all they had to ask of the couple was for them to hold the bandits at the trading post for a few extra minutes as their group backtracked over the bandits own traps and caught them outside (and far away) from the outpost. Such a ploy would be safer for the couple as, if they failed (Alexis shuddered at the thought), the bandits would've dismissed it as an attack made by random bandit hunters- not a group of people sanctioned by the government who were initially sent for by the Levetons. If successful, they'd of course return with the goods. If by chance they failed, the couple could tell by the end of the week. They'd have ample time to send for more health.

((Sorry for the late post. Watching movies with dad. Too fun to post XD.

Lol, Miss Mayfield ain't raised no fools.))

dr.cello
2011-04-12, 11:36 PM
Cirila, NG half-elf ranger

"Horses. Hm." Cirila frowns thoughtfully. "Best if we can trap them here, then, if that's all right. Pick hiding places--we've got all night--then when they get to the place where the goods are stored, surround them and take them out." A moment's pause as she thinks some more. "They'll probably dismount to load up, and with Wolfe and his friend here we won't have any problems spooking their horses. Then if we hit them quick and hard they won't be able to mount a defense."

She shrugs and looks around at her companions. "That's my plan, anyway. I'm open to suggestions."

arkol
2011-04-13, 05:50 AM
Svetlana looks at her hursband with a worried look on her face. Oleg pats her on the hand and says:

"You may use the fort as you see fit. As long as you don't cause any permanent damage on it..."

Archive
2011-04-13, 06:10 AM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

*CRACK!*, the sound bone breaking gives everyone a start. Looking down the table, you can see Wolfe has finally has chewed through his after dinner snack, the bone now lies in two pieces. He picks up one of the split bones and holds it up to his mouth.

"Surprise! Hehe haw haw haw! Wolfe sticks the broken end in his mouth and begins to slurp the bone marrow out.

King Tius
2011-04-13, 07:29 AM
Binderal Sellen, Eccentric Elf Alchemist Extraordinaire
"Oh, but of course it is. How silly of me." The tall elf grabs the bottle of mead and pours himself a hefty glass. With a wistful sniff he brings the rim to his nose and sighs dramatically before taking a sip. "Much better. I'm with my estranged cousin on this one. If the louts are so eager to get away, they are probably more comfortable in the forest and on horseback. If only I still had my shoppe, I could have brewed up some nasty poisons to slip in a drink or bit of food...." He trails off as his eyes lose focus and he drifts into thought.

arkol
2011-04-14, 07:02 PM
One way or another the food disappears from the table as does the wine (but that can be attributed mostly to Binderal and Oleg. As soon as you start discussing strategy Svetlana's face lights up

"You will fight them for us? Oh thank you, thank you! You can sleep in the guesthouse tonight, free of charge of course" - Oleg makes a noise but Svetlana ignores him "I'll wake you all up before the sunrise tomorrow. Let me know if you need something"

You finish planning your stratagies and Svetlana brings you to the guesthouse. The interior is quite simple. In fact apart from the beds and a trio of boxes doubling up and bedside tables there's nothing else inside. The beds however are confortable and the recently repaired roof keeps the cold air of the night out. You all sleep quite well.

11 Gozran 4711 AR - Fireday

In fact when Svetlana comes to wake you up it seems that only a couple of hours have passed. She knocks gently at the door till someone answers and then she adds:

"It's time. I have soem food ready if you want some."
AS you get outside you can see Oleg loading all sorts of supplies into the heavy wooden tables between the guesthouse and their house. He just nods as you pass by.

The food Svetlana mentioned is just some bread and some hard cheese, and a little tea for those who want some. When you finish eating you can see the first sun rays in the sky and in a couple minutes the sun itself is peaking in the horizon.

You all get to your positions, closing the left door of the fort but keeping the right one open. Wolfe and Binderal both climb up to the palisade and then each one goes to his tower, while Alexis and Cirila hide in the now almost overcrowded stables.

The wait is terrible. Your toughts take you to a thousand places, both in the past and in the future. After almost an hour Wolfe grunts apparently having finally spotted something...


feel free to add any of your actions between the end of your meal till Svetlana wakes you up and Wolfe spotting the bandits

King Tius
2011-04-14, 07:38 PM
Binderal, CG Elf Alchemist
Before the ambush Binderal gets up and generously partakes of the offered food. As everyone takes their position the odd elf climbs up the stairs towards the trebuchet. Getting halfway up the stairs, he turns around with a surprised look on his face. "I almost forgot! Can I borrow a bow?" Presumably Cirila or Oleg offers him one and he takes it with him as he makes ready.

As the bandits are about to enter he drinks his mutagen, causing him to momentarily writhe in pain as his skin seems to tighten and his arms and hands become more sinewy and lithe. He'll then duck down behind the trebuchet, using it for more cover.

OOC: Not sure what bonus I get from the cover, so I'll just roll without it.
Stealth Check: [roll0]

Archive
2011-04-14, 07:40 PM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Wolfe wastes no time climbing down from the tower and moves towards his position. It won't be long now before the battle is joined. Sensing something is afoot, Wolfe's companion begins to jump back and forth ready to go. Wolfe is less excited, more tense, ready for a serious fight.

dr.cello
2011-04-15, 02:34 AM
Cirila, NG half-elf ranger

The morning finds Cirila in a somber, almost contemplative mood. Once she assumes her position in the stable, she whispers a few quiet words to Sasha, then settles down, checking that her blade is sharp several times before the bandits arrive. Eventually she settles into silence, ready to spring into action as soon as the signal is given.

arkol
2011-04-15, 05:37 AM
After a couple of minutes you can hear the clapping sound of horse hooves entering the fort. There's several of them, at least 4 or 5.

then you hear a crude and malicious voice:

"Hey Oleg, what's the matter, you don't even welcome us anymore? Bring out that prety blonde lady of yours, we want to have some fun! Ahahahaha!"

"Ahahahaha!"

"Ohohohohoh!"

You can then hear them dismounting and clearly a few of them head towards the wagon and the others towards the wooden tables.

They're are probably packing up now. Now it's the time!


Tius and Wolfe and see how many they are before the surprise round should they wish to do something before attacking

Alexis can detect evil but no specific aura



The blue thingys at the door represent... the door. Also remember that the stables doors are indeed closed. Standard action to open them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/arkol/Kingmaker/surpriseround.jpg

Zealumieo
2011-04-15, 11:28 AM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

((Apologies, late post. X3 Veeery deaf from last night, I'm not so much a concert person. Imagine this was from before or something. :smallredface:))

Alexis had both a nighttime and morning ritual... ones that she did not skip out on this time. A healthy prayer was given to Erastil, specifically asking for the strength to protect the couple. Other then that, it took several minutes to don her armor and stretch out her body. There was a strange pause at the elf claiming he had armor, although she didn't get the feeling he was fooling around with alcohol on that. Inside the stables, the paladin looked over at Cirila- whispering to her beforehand that she would go in first... hopefully pulling attention away from most everyone else on initial shock.

**********************

As Alexis stared a hole into the wooden door at the sound of hooves, there was an evident relaxed sigh that exuded from her chest. She'd noticed something, and it seemed to be good news by her body language.

XD I'll post when Dr. cello preps things.

King Tius
2011-04-15, 12:49 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
As Binderal waits for the doors to bust open he quaffs his Bomber's Eye extract. As soon as the door opens (and thus as part of the surprise round) he will take off down the walkway towards the doors (I figure 4 moves around the device and 2 down the stairs. If he can get further down the walkway in one move he does so).

On his actual turn he will continue moving to the edge of the walkway before reaching simultaneously into a pouch on his hip and drawing a vial from his bandoleer. Quickly sprinkling some powder into the vial and whispering his personal magical incantations, he pulls his arm back and gets ready to throw the now-glowing, explosive vial. Between the mutagen fueling his adrenaline and the extract that focuses him for throwing, he is able to toss the vial further than usual, and with greater accuracy. He aims for the horse between B1 and B2 so as to splash both bandits and the other horses.

Summary

Surprise Action: Move along walkway
Move Action: move to edge of walkway
Standard Action: Throw Bomb
Mutagen grants +4 dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis bringing his AC to 20 (max dex limit on armor)
Bomber's Eye gives me +1 to attack and +10ft to range increment with my first bomb. This puts the range increment up to 30 ft so from his position at the end of the walkway he can just hit the horse without the -2 range penalty for being greater than one increment away.

Ranged Touch attack against horse: [roll0]
Damage against horse: [roll1]
Splash damage against B1, B2, and the other 2 horses: 5 damage
DC: 14 Ref save for half splash damage.

Archive
2011-04-15, 01:12 PM
With a mighty roar Wolfe slams the eastern door shut, initiating the battle. His roar becomes a howl half way through and he points his staff at the nearest bandit. From behind him the wolf comes charging out, and tries to tear the bandits throat out.

Wolfe's turn: Move action, shut door. Free action 5 ft step to the map's left. Free action, a handle animal check to order my wolf to attack. DC 10: [roll0]

wolf's turn: Standard action, partial charge against bandit 3. Move 4 left, one up and left.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Free trip if hits: [roll3]

Zealumieo
2011-04-15, 03:38 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

As the stable door whooshed open, Alexis had a nice, early morning view of all the bandits. Already energized from her morning exercises what she said next sounded a bit more cocky then she expected, "G'Morning Forest Weasels!" Already revved up for a charge, the paladin went for the closest bandit near her... disallowing any form of verbal rebuttal.

Depending on whether Cirila opens the door or Alexis does there are two routes.

*If Cirila opens the door
Surprise Round 10 Foot Charge into HB. (-2 AC so the surprise round's AC is 16)
Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

First Round Full Attack if HB is still up or someone else is in range.
Scimitar Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Shield bash Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

*If Alexis opens the door
Surprise round, move action to open door.
First round: just take the charge attack from above if it still applies.

dr.cello
2011-04-15, 06:58 PM
Cirila flings the door to the stable open and runs at the nearest bandit, sword flashing out in the blink of an eye and slashing towards him.

Sorry for not posting sooner! Work and etc.

Surprise round: open ze door.

1st round:
Move action: move adjacent to HB.
Standard action: attack HB:
[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
(factoring in +2 to hit and damage from my favored enemy bonus)

arkol
2011-04-15, 07:11 PM
With a kick the half-elf opens the door. Almost at the same time Wolfe does the same with the fort door. As if in a mirror, behind each door a body surges foward, one all metal and faith, the other all fur and teeth. For now faith triumphs over teeth as Alexis sword cuts deep into the leader of the bandits. Wolfnette is no so lucky.

And to end in a bang an elf leaps out of nowhere and lobs a bomb in the middle of the fort. The flames singe the horse-target seriously and leave some good damage on the nearby horses and bandits, who cry in panic.
Those of you who can see their faces can easily see that the bandits didn't see ANYTHING like this coming. At all.


rolling initiative

Wolfe
[roll0]
Wolfnette
[roll1]
Cirila
[roll2]
Alexis
[roll3]
Bienderal
[roll4]
Happs
[roll5]
Bandits
[roll6]
Horses
[roll7]

In case you're wondering why the bandits have such a poor ini modifier.... they have an extra huge penalty. That's how surprised they are!

Move order:
Cirila
Wolfe
Horses
Bienderal
Alexis
Wolfnette
Bandits
Happs

arkol
2011-04-15, 07:15 PM
Cirila doesn't give Alexis enough time for her to strike twice. Just as Alexis scimitar is leaving the bandit body Cirila's sword ends his miserable life.

Wolfe's online so I'll let him post before continue

Archive
2011-04-15, 07:27 PM
Wolfe follows after his companion, and swings his now enchanted staff with murderous intent.

Move action; Wolfe moves to the square north of wolf, east of bandit 3.
Standard action; Wolfe attacks [roll0]. Damage [roll1]
Free action; issue new command to companion (DC: 15) [roll2]

EDIT: No new order given, I want the wolf to continue attacking this target.

arkol
2011-04-15, 07:46 PM
Despite all the intent on Wolfe's staff the swing goes wide and the bandit gasps in horror as a second wolf charges him.

The elf on the catwalks launches his bomb against one of the horses to maximize damage. The beast however panicked as it is, dodges the vial at the last second...



Since the horse are no longer FF you miss. I aimed at another horse that now occupies the position where the splash damage would hit both bandits. Since it's a miss let's roll to see where it lands:

[roll0]


The vial continues it's trajectory and eventually hits one of the benches of the wooden tables, not causing any injuries to anyone (but the bench).

map

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/arkol/Kingmaker/round01.jpg

Archive
2011-04-15, 07:58 PM
With a growl, the wolf leaps at its enemy once more, hoping to latch on to a limb and drag its opponent down to the ground.

Standard action; attack [roll0] Free trip; [roll1]Damage; [roll2]

Zealumieo
2011-04-15, 08:07 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

As the Bandit fell to both their blades, the paladin turned her attention to the next target. To her right she caught a short glimpse of a small blossoming fire and on the same side she could hear the howling and growling of wolves. Keeping up her momentum, Alexis made a short charge at her next bewildered opponent.

1st Round Action Rewritten
Charge to be adjacent to B2, -2 to AC for the round
Scimitar Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

arkol
2011-04-15, 08:27 PM
Wolfnette finally manages to make a dent (literally!) on the bandit. She grabs his leg and pulls and shakes and the bandit in panic falls to the ground yelling. The next instant he tries to get up and get away but...

double aoo, one for Wolfe and one for Wolfnette. Feel free to roll while I update the other bandits

arkol
2011-04-15, 08:43 PM
The bandit already fighting Alexis sidesteps and draws his weapon, a mean looking short sword and stabs Alexis, while the other one between the women that killed their leader and two angry wolfs, decide to go for the women, namely the paladin preparing to flank her.

The first one connects with Alexis's shield but the second one finds an opening in her defense and manages to get a nasty cut on her side.

4 damage to Alexis

map

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/arkol/Kingmaker/round01b.jpg

dr.cello
2011-04-15, 08:55 PM
Cirila, NG half-elf ranger

As the bandits move to flank Alexis, Cirila swiftly dashes to flank one of the bandits, aiming a vicious slash at the man's back.


Move action: move south two (10 ft), east two (10 ft), north one (5 ft), so that I'm flanking B1.
Standard action: attacking B1.
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

arkol
2011-04-15, 09:05 PM
You could have done that movement with two diagonal moves... but whatever :smalltongue:

With one fell swoop the half-elf sticks her blade into the man's spine and he drops immediately to the ground.

Archive
2011-04-15, 09:22 PM
The two wolves attempt to finish off their enemy as he climbs to his feet...

Wolfe's AoO [roll0] (Bandit has a -4 AC penalty for being prone) Damage [roll1]
Wolf's AoO [roll2] (Bandit has a -4 AC penalty for being prone) [roll3]


EDIT: ...and Wolfe slams his staff into the enemy's skull, cracking it like an egg.

Zealumieo
2011-04-15, 09:49 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

Clang! Even after she blocked on attack in front of her there was a hot sensation where she was stabbed on the side. Alexis suddered at the damage, but was thankful she was the one being attacked and not Cirila.

Moments later, as she heard the quiet thud of the corpse of the stabbing bandit she grunted a short, "Thanks." to Cirlia on protecting her back. "Now for you. Don't have a friend stabbing at my side anymore eh?" Slashing at the bandit aggressively, she also threw in a short shield bash to aid her assault.

2nd Round Action (unless he dies before it... I donno... horse trampling or the crazy alchemist actually blows him up without knocking Alexis out.)

Scimitar [roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Shield offhand [roll2]
Damage[roll3]

Current HP 9/13

Edit: Rolling the crit confirm on OOC forum

King Tius
2011-04-15, 11:24 PM
Binderal
Binderal will toss a bomb at a corner intersection near B3. This has an AC of 5 so unless he rolls a 1, it hits: [roll0]

If B3 is dead by the time he gets to go, He'll ready an action to throw a bomb at any bandit who tries to get away.

OOC: Wow, combat went crazy after I got off work. I still don't get how my attack missed (please see my OOC post).

arkol
2011-04-16, 05:30 AM
As the commotion goes on the horses keep trying to get out of the way.

Alexis, unfazed by such minor distractions shield slaps her enemy's face. The blow leaves the man dazes for a moment only... but long enough for her to pierce his heart with her sword. With a thud he falls on the ground. The bandits are all dead.

A short but intense fight. as you look around seeing the consequences of your actions Oleg comes outside

"You did it! You defeated them all! 'bout time they got what was coming at them!" he moves back inside and comes out again with a rope in his hand.

Archive
2011-04-16, 06:31 AM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Wolfe proceeds to try to calm the horses down and corral them into the stables. For someone who just crushed a man's skull, he seems remarkably calm as he goes about his work.

While doing so, Wolfe notices Alexis has been injured he reaches into his pouch and pulls out a small handful of berries, and proceeds to try to stuff them directly in her mouth.

Handle animal; (DC 15, I'm guessing) [roll0]
Down to 7/11 berries which expire in ~12 hours

Zealumieo
2011-04-16, 09:06 AM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

As the last bandit fell, a few pints of blood gushed out at the short entry of her blade- covering her in a bit of it. "Woo! Think that can be listed immediately as our first success." After reveling in it for a moment, Alexis took in a few short and deep breathes. She suddenly felt a bit heavier as the weight of her equipment, sword, and a bit of the pain were plainly still there. Luckily the dirt was there to suck up most of the blood or else things may have been a bit more awkward. "Haha...oh... I can feel it, isn't too bad. Pretty decent when you consider it was a dag- hey, what're y-"

Turning over to look at the half-orc had the reward of a mouthful of berries. Alexis almost choked as she was almost in between breaths, but noticing she was stuffed with anything tastier then blood her mouth gulped them down rather quickly, "Ahh! Don't do that! What was that?" Looking over to her side, she attempted to look at her injury, "Oooh." she awed at the healed injury, Alexis had experienced something close to the berry's magic- though it was from clerics. "Thank you." Alexis smiled but didn't move to hug or touch him, "Covered in blood." She shrugged. Pausing a moment as if remembering something important Alexis added, "GAH! Please don't stuff food into peoples mouth's unless they're unconcious and thats the only way you can help them. Generally people freak out when you feed them food out of the blue. Oi! You're all backwards, saying things people usually keep to themselves and then not saying a word when you should. Okay. Okay. How about this, just say 'Want some berries?' next time. Don't go for the mouth... pretty sure your wolf doesn't like it when other people stick their hands near her mouth when she's eating. Think of it that way. Just hand the berries to them. People bite too." Even with her gabbiness she added arm movements. After the speech Alexis said, "Easy!" quite brightly, finishing the conversation.

Archive
2011-04-16, 12:27 PM
The half-orc just shrugs and says, "Wolves put up a fight about the berries too." before he walks away.

dr.cello
2011-04-16, 07:54 PM
Cirila, NG half-elf ranger

Cirila cleans her blade as she looks around at the scene, and makes her way over to the fallen bandit leader to see if his bow is worth anything--if not she leaves it on the ground. Regardless, she turns her attention to Oleg. "Sorry we couldn't have helped sooner," she says. "We'd better see about making sure their friends don't come back. I'll need some supplies to make maps, and I'd like a couple bags of caltrops if you have them. I have gold, of course." She sheathes her sword and returns her attention to the rest of the party. "If anyone else needs something, now's the time." She prods one of the bodies with her boot, adding, "Especially if you want some short swords, I think. Might be worth going through their belongings to see if they've got anything useful on them. And we need to figure out what to do about the rest of them before they figure out this sorry lot is missing. Shouldn't be hard to track a group of horses back to their base, but we don't know anything about them. So, do we stay here and wait for them to send someone to find out what's wrong, or go now and hit them before they figure anything out?"

Zealumieo
2011-04-16, 08:58 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

"The sooner the we go over and catch them, the better. If we're fast enough, even the main camp won't realize until its too late. I don't want individual bandits running off and joining other groups. Hey, Oleg... were any of these men important to the bandits? and whats with the rope? " Alexis wasn't too excited to strip the men they'd killed... but really, they needed whatever supplies they could get their hands on. Finding a clean pantleg on one of the bandits, she wiped off the blood on her scimitar before sheathing it. Momentarily realizing she was covered in splats of blood, Alexis wiped off her face too.

King Tius
2011-04-16, 11:09 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
The elf descends from the ramparts, his muscles returning to their normal size as he shakes his arms and moves his neck a little, much like a runner does to stretch. "Well, now, that wasn't so hard, was it? Seems to have ended before it even started. Oleg, my good man, this is quite a fine bow you lent me" says Binderal as he pulls the bow and quiver off his back. He makes to hand the man the bow before pausing and pulling back a little. "Say, now, would it be possible for me to take this bow and open a line of credit? I haven't the gold to pay for it now, but once we've dealt with the rest of these bandits I should have the coin I need. How about it?"

To the rest of the group: "Let's get a move on. I'm ready to head out whenever you are."

arkol
2011-04-17, 02:54 AM
Oleg stops for a moment looking at Alexis with a look of a dumb bird:

"Well it's fer'anging them of course! Gonna out them on the wall, outside! That should be a good sign for the others to not come back!

And yes that one was" - he says pointing to the leader - "As my wife told you, he was the one in charge when the other scary lady wasn't around." he pauses for a moment "Are you not claiming their stuff?"

The leader's bow is actually quite stronger then yours. He also has two flasks of something in his belt and a belt pounch....

When Binderal asks him about the bow Oleg replyes quickly:

"Well if you need a bow they have plenty" he says, poiting at the bandits. "Seriously, are you claiming their stuff or what?"

Zealumieo
2011-04-17, 03:28 AM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

"Just a moment, we'll sift through their gear and see what we need." Holding up a hand, she only wanted the rightfully zealous man for only a moment. Alexis hummed a bit as she dug through the various items of value and organized them on a nearby table. The paladin specifically, took extra time to search over the bandit leader's goods.

As for the leather armor, she left them on the bandits- she wasn't all that enthused about stripping them.

Specifically, she set aside the two vials and handed them to the Elf, "These two may not be alcohol. Check if they had any enchanted gear on them... doubtful though, they keeled over like thin sweep handles." Taking up one of the longbows (if there are any) and some accompanying arrows, the paladin played with it a bit. She'd never had one of her own before, but seemed more then eager to own one. "Oleg, you can keep all of the excess horses. But I do want a second one for myself in case we do actually need Wolf on horseback (No, don't claim them for lunch please). Pick what you need (To the party)." Shaking her head, she felt a bit guilty for even taking what she had, "I imagine that even what we leave will not make up for the months of raiding."

((How many arrows do they have anyways? Please... don't make alexis go through the stuff alone- her perception check is horribad. >.<))

dr.cello
2011-04-17, 03:36 AM
Cirila, NG half-elf ranger

"Well, we /could/ use some supplies. And they won't be needing them." Cirila takes the bandit leader's bow without comment, and nods to Oleg. "We'll see if they have anything useful. The rest is yours. I hope it's enough to make up for your losses." With that she moves to search the fallen for supplies. She offers no real indication that anything about this particularly bothers her--for all the emotion she's showing she might as well be going through someone's filing cabinet. As she searches, she continues. "Once we've got everything--mapping supplies, any last-minute supplies anyone wants to pick up--we need to find their trail and follow it as fast as we can. We don't know how long it takes them to get back to their camp, so we need to be quick, quiet, and alert. If we need to make camp we make sure it's well-hidden. This is dangerous land now, so be on your guard."

Once the searching is complete, she snatches some arrows from one of the fallen bandits and climbs up onto the palisade to fire a few test shots at one of the broken trebuchets with the bandit leader's bow to get a better idea of its capabilities.

Assume she's taking 20 on perception checks to search the bandits and any pouches they have on them, which should be a result of 28.

Archive
2011-04-17, 06:30 AM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Wolfe looks over the bodies less intent on what they have and more intent on what they smell like. He does the same with their horses, sniffing at them and making them quite nervous, until he is satisfied. The she-wolf appears to be doing the same, but you doubt it is thinking of tracking. Not with the way it licks it's lips. Still, without Wolfe's order it just stands there hungrily, not feasting on the dead.

King Tius
2011-04-17, 08:31 AM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
"Oh my, well, yes, I do suppose we could just take their possessions now that they won't be needing them." He will take the offered vials and examine them carefully, using his innate magical talents and knowledge of alchemy to figure out what they are.

Sheepishly handing the now and arrow back to Oleg, he will head to one of the bandit's corpses with a sour look on his face and take a bow, arrows, and hopefully a short/longsword if they have them. He is also interested in the nice bow that the leader had...


Craft (Alchemy) checks to ID potions: [roll0], [roll1]


OOC: Crossing my fingers, hoping that bow has a +2 strength rating!

arkol
2011-04-17, 05:09 PM
As Alexis starts sorting out the bandits belongings Wolfe rounds up the horses. They're very freighted at first but eventually they settle down a bit and he manages to get them all in the sables, which are running out of space for so many steeds. Meanwhile Cirila shots a few arrows with the new bow and Binderal analyzes the flasks and quickly realizes what they are. The group gets together by the tables were Alexis has separated the loot:

3x shortswords
3x longbows
80x arrows
1x dagger
8 days worth of trail rations
a silver amulet in the shape of a stag
65 GP


The bow is indeed a +2 str rating longbow and the flasks are alchemist fire

Zealumieo
2011-04-17, 06:23 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

"If I may, I'd like that amulet. Stags are a fairly important symbol for Erastil. (As it was for most of his worshipers as well)" Alexis grabbed herself a longbow and 20 arrows, and then held up the amulet for the group to look at... as if asking for their yays or nays. Other then the amulet, she didn't seem to want anything more in particular.

((None of the horses are large right?))

dr.cello
2011-04-17, 06:38 PM
Cirila

Cirila nods. "Someone ought to take it. It just may come in handy. We could probably use the gold, too." She offers Binderal the bandit chief's longbow, suggesting he may be able to make use of it. "If you can use it, you won't find a better bow around here. I'll take it if not." She gives Oleg a smile. We'll hopefully have a lot more to bring back to you soon, Oleg. But in the event our road doesn't take us back here, thank you for your hospitality, and good luck with everything. And if Father comes by, say hello for me."

King Tius
2011-04-17, 06:54 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
"Aha! Just as I suspected! This here be Alchemist's Fire. Not my personal fire, mind you...that's just what the stuff is called. Useful, but nasty. Serves as a great component for fire casters, but since we don't have any of those, I'll just hang on to them, unless any of you want them?"

He takes the offered longbow gracefully and gives it a test pull. "Wow, fits me like a glove...er...bow?" He then picks up a shortsword, a longsword, and a quiver of arrows. With his arms now laden with weapons he looks up sheepishly at the rest of you. "Am..am I taking too much? I'll pay you back, but I'm rather weaponless at the moment."

arkol
2011-04-17, 07:15 PM
"You're going after the rest of that bad rot huh? Just give me a moment then."

He goes back inside the house and back outside after a few minutes. He brings 3 small bottles with him.

"Here. My personal reward for helping me out. Should come in handy out there in the wilderness. And since you're going there anyway... I would like to ask you something else... when the bandits first came, they took my wife's ring. Her wedding ring. It's not THAT valuable... except for us you see? If you can get that back... I would properly reward you for the effot of course...

And here's the supplies you asked for Cilia. Best of luck to you all! Hope to see you again soon. All alive if possible."

Zealumieo
2011-04-17, 07:57 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

Alexis looped the amulet around her neck, allowing someone else to grab the bottles. "Course we are, we'd be lesser men and women if we weren't willing to see this all the way through. We'll do whatever is in our power to regain your ring. Such a sadistic thing to take a ring from a loving wife." She could only shake her head in disapproval. Turning to the rest she goaded them on a bit, "Everyone, we should begin tracking down the camp as soon as we can." Glancing back she spoke to Oleg for the last time today, "Tell Svetlana we're sorry that we can't stay and enjoy any more hospitality, especially after this first success. You've been a good man so far, keep her protected."

Archive
2011-04-17, 08:11 PM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Wolfe grabs one of the rations and begins to eat it while everyone else considers what is on the table. He appears somewhat disinterested in the lot, only really batting an eye and the silver neckless. He says nothing about it however, and simply waits for someone to give him his share.

When the coins are divvied up, Wolfe looks a little confused about everyone not getting the same number, and looks to be recounting to make sure he has as many as everyone else.

dr.cello
2011-04-17, 08:17 PM
Cirila

Cirila nods. "We'd better load up the horses and get moving." She frowns. "Wolfe and his, uh, wolf can probably follow better than I can. I'll walk alongside to help, and range ahead occasionally to see if there's anything to see."

With that, she disappears to retrieve her pack from the guest house, and then to the stables to lead Sasha out. "Anything else before we go?"

King Tius
2011-04-18, 08:18 AM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
Binderal picks up the Alchemist's Fire and straps them to himself. "I've probably got the most experience handling these buggers, so I'll just hold onto them for us. They could be useful if we're planning another ambush. Let's go get our horses."

Bin will saunter over to the stables and get Mother ready to go. Just to be clear, he doesn't necessarily want the Alchemist's Fire as part of the loot splitting but since he is best suited to handle the dangerous stuff he will hold onto it until the group wants to use/sell it.

arkol
2011-04-18, 02:59 PM
The group packs their things and gets ready to move. Wolfe is the first to get out of the Trading Post, opening the door himself. He stands there for a few moments looking like a mix of a gorilla and a tracking dog. Sniffing the ground and the air. His animal companion does the same next to him and suddenly both take off running south.

You take off behind him and since everyone else is mounted you have no dificulty to catch up and keep up with him. The sniffing and tracking goes on for a couple of hours, with Wolfe occasionally pausing to get back on track, but generally keeping a steady pace. You notice that the path takes you ever more West the farther you go.

As the first two hours fly by, you've covered a good 5 miles and suddenly Wolfe face twitches like someone who just sensed an awful smell. Which he probably did. Apparently the bandit horses had some digestive problems while traveling in the area. On the plus side it's mighty easy to keep on track and Wolfe manages to keep tracking them while pretty much hustling his way through the grassland.

The smelly tracks allow you to cover almost 5 miles in half the time you covered the first three and you can now spot the beginning of a forest ahead. Tracking by smell is getting a bit more difficult and the terrain itself makes travel far more difficult. Cirila gets down from her horse to help Wolfe and while she notices the horses’ tracks, she can also spot a separate set of tracks which Wolfe immediately sniffs. The smell is familiar, but it's not horses or humans.... it smells of... prey.


I guess the bandits will have to wait. Or not.

As a sidenote I need to know how many horses you're bringing...

dr.cello
2011-04-18, 03:14 PM
Cirila

"There's a new set of tracks here," says Cirila, kneeling to the ground and looking at the new set carefully. "Might be nothing. Might be worth checking out." She glances up in the direction the tracks seem to lead, scanning the distance carefully with narrowed eyes. "Probably four or five animals, hooves, four legs. If we have time for a diversion," she glances at the two who remain mounted here, "we might be able to cook something up for dinner. Your call. It'll probably be an hour or two regardless."

Survival check to identify the tracks: [roll0]
Perception check to see if there's anything to see: [roll1]
I think we're taking three horses? Depends if Alexis went ahead and took one of the bandit horses.

Archive
2011-04-18, 04:27 PM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Wolfe was always terrible at this part, figuring out what a set of tracks mean. Following them is easy, but Wolfe only has a few rules of thumb when it comes to what to follow: hooves are probably edible, small tracks are rarely worth it, boots are almost always a disaster, and big tracks mean he is probably edible. Still, it never hurts to try.

Knowledge to identify tracks, Nature is at +0, everything else is -2 [roll0]

"...Deer?" Wolfe says in a low voice, as he begins following after the new tracks.

Zealumieo
2011-04-18, 05:30 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

During the hours and hours of following the trackers, the paladin filled in most of her time accustoming herself to the new horse. Other then that, it was free time spent appreciating the outdoors, praying quietly they'd find the encampment swiftly, and attempting to hold conversation with Binderal.

Alexis hushed her voice at the sighting of new tracks, "Whats this?" At Cirila's mention of game, Alexis almost wanted to immeadiatly dismiss the distraction. But as her she heard wolfe mention deer specifically a quiet resistance grew on her conscience, "Deer..." She repeated, "I'd like to give them a good look. Such a sign is quite a boon." Alexis brightened visibly, she seemed to be humoring an offlandish idea that she wasn't going to admit to verbally, "If we see a stag don't let it out of our sights."

((1 Light horse and 1 heavy horse. So technically the group has a full 4 horses.))

dr.cello
2011-04-18, 06:21 PM
Cirila

Cirila offers a faint smile here. "Looks like our choice has been made. Best ready your bow." She follows after Wolfe, leading Sasha with one hand, glancing between the tracks and the surrounding environment, looking for new signs of their quarry.

arkol
2011-04-18, 06:54 PM
The tracks are fairly easy to track and go deeper into the woods in more ir less the opposite direction on the bandit horses were going.

Not a couple minutes after you change quarrys you hear a loud booming sound. After the first one you hear another and then another. Clearly it's more than one creature making the sound...



Cirila
[roll0]
Bin
[roll1]
Alexis
[roll2]
Wolfe
[roll3]

dr.cello
2011-04-18, 07:10 PM
Cirila

Cirila holds up a hand to indicate that the group should stop, and quickly tethers Sasha to a nearby tree and readies her bow, indicating to her comrades that they should do likewise. She whispers, "Elk. It's a mating call. Quiet, now. We're close."

She waits for the group to dismount before continuing after the tracks, moving as quietly as she can, eyes roving all around for a sign of her quarry.


Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

I love me some natural ones.

Zealumieo
2011-04-18, 07:39 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist

"Aye luvs, hear that? ... I think they're feeling friskier then usual." Catching the sound soon after the Ranger Binderal was happy to have a topic that was not about bandits.

"Hear what?" Point-blank it was rather obvious Alexis missed the sound completely.

"Listen to Cirila here. Elf ears don't just look pointy, they're sharp too." Following Cirila's motion, he attempted to sneak with her. He was happy to pull out his nice new bow and give it a twang.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

****************

Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

"So it really is one of the most majestic animals that we tracked..." She spoke in a bare whisper... almost out decibel strength to be heard by her comrades. For a moment. the news of confirmed Elk made Alexis' heart skip a beat. Knowing that she was by no means a good stalker, she attempted to stay near them, but far enough away to not be downwind of the elk and also to not give away the other's location. Her longbow was also out and ready, but she didn't run in just yet- she was ready to join in once the hunt had begun.


((XD Tius you sure about zee roleplaying? AUGH KILL ME NOW PUN POLICE.

Bleh... No stealth makes Alexis a sad panda. She won't be to close during the surprise round.))

King Tius
2011-04-19, 03:48 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
OOC: Spot on, Zee! When in doubt, go British!

A little retro-action:

Binderal examines the three potions, giving them a slight sniff and the smallest of tastes.

"Ah yes, splendid! These two here are healing potions, which is all fine and dandy for me. Why don't we let the ladies hang on to these as we gents..." he gives Wolfe a glance a nod and a smile "...can heal ourselves. As to the other, it's a blessed potion of shielding, so who wants it?"

2 potions of CLW, 1 Potion of Shield of Faith +2 FTW

Archive
2011-04-19, 03:58 PM
"What's an Elk?" Wolf thinks to himself as he hides behind some foliage and begins to creep forward, making sure to stay downwind of his prey.

Since all the cool kids are doing it;
Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

arkol
2011-04-19, 04:28 PM
The group spreads out a little, with Alexis lagging behind, to sneak upon the deer but unfortunelly even the most experienced hunter can somtines make the most basic mistake. Stepping on an small old hollow tree trunnk, Cirila makes a very loud noise. You can't really see, but you all hear the sounds of quick movement ahed...

dr.cello
2011-04-19, 04:38 PM
Cirila

Cirila cringes noticeably at the noise she makes, but, rather than heedlessly rushing forward, continues attempting to move at a quiet pace, hoping the elk haven't fled entirely. She makes a gesture that is probably meant to be a 'stay quiet' and keeps a sharp eye out, quietly nocking an arrow as she goes.


Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]
Survival (to keep following tracks, maybe?) [roll2]

arkol
2011-04-19, 04:46 PM
As Cirila keeps moving foward she keeps hearing small burst of movement ahed of ahed.

dr.cello
2011-04-19, 04:55 PM
Cirila

Despite her apparent failure to sneak up on her quarry, Cirila remains calm and continues creeping forward as quietly as she can. She looks more determined than anything at this point--she is not someone who's used to letting her prey get away.


Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

arkol
2011-04-19, 05:03 PM
Third time's the charm huh? Let's hope your previous screw up haven't completly jeopardized the whole operation encounter

Cirila finally manages to advance a few feet without calling the attention of the elusive elk... but they are now alert and have put some considerable distance between themselves and the party...

dr.cello
2011-04-19, 05:55 PM
Cirila

Cirila remains where she is for the moment, gesturing for the party to get closer before continuing further. She spends the interim time listening for signs of movement and occasionally inspecting their tracks.

Zealumieo
2011-04-19, 07:32 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

Seeing the signal vaguely, Alexis attempted to follow them a bit closer- despite her lack of stalking skills. Well, she'd seen enough of it to do it. Still behind the group, the paladin attempted to approach without spooking the Elk.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Archive
2011-04-19, 07:59 PM
Wolfe creeps ever closer, still unsure what he will find over the next wooded hill.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

King Tius
2011-04-19, 09:14 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
As Alexis makes enough noise for a small army Binderal stops sneaking and turns to look at her, throwing his hands up in the air and whispers furtively:

"Maybe you should just stay put, Love. We'll whistle if we need you."

Taking his arrow and re-notching it, he continues to try and sneak towards the elusive Elk, turning back and whispering to the Paladin:

"Keep an eye on Mother for me."


Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]


EDIT: Phew! Bin would look so silly if he hadn't just NAILED that stealth check

dr.cello
2011-04-19, 09:20 PM
Cirila

As the others draw near to her position, Cirila smiles wryly and continues stalking towards the elk, hoping she's given them enough time to be off their guard again--and, of course, hoping she doesn't step on any more of the noisy plants she's been running into lately.


Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

arkol
2011-04-20, 02:32 AM
Alexis armor clanks as she moves and this time this is too much for the animals. One of the elk emmits a loud sound and then you hear the distinct sound of jumping trough the foliage ahed and then... nothing.

dr.cello
2011-04-20, 02:54 AM
Cirila

Cirila cringes as she hears the elk running off once again, then sighs and returns her arrow to her quiver. "I think I scared them off," she says unhappily. "Sorry. Better get back to the trail." She turns back to where they left off tracking the bandits. "We'll take you on a proper hunt when we have more time," she says to Alexis as she passes. "And we'll have lots once these bandits are dealt with."

Archive
2011-04-20, 06:57 AM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Wolfe navigates the group back to the bandits tracks before setting out once more on the trail. Their camp shouldn't be too much farther; before the sun sets we'll know where they are at least.

Survival to navigate: [roll0]

We're back to tracking at normal speed after the bandits.

King Tius
2011-04-20, 07:06 AM
Binderal Sellen
Standing fully upright and stowing his bow, the eccentric Elf dusts his hands off and saunters back to his horse. He gives her a few loving strokes on the nose before leaping gracefully back into his saddle.

Zealumieo
2011-04-20, 10:31 AM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

Alexis was rather bummed at the turnout... Though, with her armor and whatnot it was just a disaster waiting to happen. It was probably why all the rangers back at the chapel never took her along. Well, the positive news was that there was ample wildlife here... Maybe it was Erastil's way of telling the group to chase after the reward after it was earned.

((*Sadpanda*))

arkol
2011-04-20, 02:56 PM
The group resumes their tracking of the bandits for another two hours. The going is a lot slower now that they are in a forest. At some point Wolfe effort to keep up some speed makes him lose the trail momentarily but Cirila promptly finds a few broken branches that put them on the right track again.

They keep tracking for a total of two hours and move only a total of 3 miles. You're all starting to be a little hungry by now except maybe Alexis due to the healing and stuffing berries fed to her by Wolfe...

You're now moving at a rate of 1.5 miles per hour, so 3 miles in each two hours, meaning 3 tracking checks per two hours. You've marched a total of 5h so you can do it for 3hours more without checks. After that you're making a forced march and I'll need constitution checsk from you all. Also remember that ridden steeds automatically fail forced march constitution checks. You can however use healing to remove the damage, and thus the fatigue and keep going.

dr.cello
2011-04-21, 01:31 AM
Cirila

After glancing at the sky, Cirila turns from the trail to the group for a moment. "We should take a rest, take some food, discuss strategy. A few more hours yet today." She glances around at the forest. "If we can reach it tonight, we're better off doing that. But if it's further than we can get to tonight, there's no point wearing ourselves out. Which would be easy if we had any way to know how close we are."

"As much as I'd like to cover as much ground as possible, we just can't cover as much ground in a day as a group of bandits on horseback, even if we push ourselves." She sighs and sits down against a tree.

arkol
2011-04-21, 03:23 PM
The group doesn't look particulary verbose after all the riding, tracking and walking, or maybe it was the earlier disapoinment. Either ways each one sits more or less by him/herself muching on some food without conversation.

After a while they gather again and resume their tracking...


1st check
wolfe [roll0]
cirila [roll1]

2nd check
wolfe [roll2]
cirila [roll3]

3rd check
wolfe [roll4]
cirila [roll5]

4th check
wolfe [roll6]
cirila [roll7]

5th check
wolfe [roll8]
cirila [roll9]



Apparently the group rest a bit too much and when they re-try to resusme tracking, they can't find the trail again. After much looking around and some random guesses they finally pick it up again and manage to follow it for another 2 hours without a problem. You're all getting a bit tired by bow and still no bandit camp...

Archive
2011-04-21, 03:39 PM
Wolfe spends the break sitting down and catching his breath. After quietly eating the rest of this morning's ration, he pulls out another berry and after a minute or two manages to convince the wolf to eat it.

With that done he pulls a couple of more berries out and begins to cast a spell. It's hard to believe such a simple being pulling at the strands of magic, and yet here he is.

DC 8 Wild empathy check to get the wolf to eat the berry: [roll0]

Down to only having 6 berries from yesterday, almost ready to wear off, so I cast Goodberry twice more: [roll1]

EDIT: Didn't roll enough dice for 2 casts of Goodberry. Woops, see OOC thread for the other 2 dice.

EDIT EDIT: rolled a three, so 6 old berries, 8 new ones.

dr.cello
2011-04-21, 08:53 PM
Cirila

After the group starts feeling tired, Cirila speaks up again, breaking the general silence of the group. "We're not going to find it tonight," she says, a defeated note to her voice. "We should find a place to sleep for the night. Unless you want to press on?"

If the group decides to rest for the night, she draws a dagger from her belt and marks a nearby tree with a small symbol that could hopefully be easily overlooked by those who don't know what they're looking for, and begins looking around for a good place to make camp--somewhere close, but generally out of the way and well-concealed. Once a suitable site is located, she marks a few more trees in the same way as before.


Will take 20 on checks to find a campsite if possible, which, depending on appropriate skill, will be a 25 (survival) or 28 (perception).

If taking 20 isn't possible:
Survival: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

And here's a survival check for the tree-marking, to see if it's actually helpful for finding the trail again in the morning:
[roll2]

Archive
2011-04-21, 09:22 PM
Feeling tired after the long days march, Wolfe helps Cirila find a place to camp. Expecting a cold night, he finds some pine needles or a patch of soft grasses to bed tonight and pulls his blanket over himself.

Perception assist: [roll0]
Survival assist: [roll1]

Down to 8 Berries. I mem 2 more Goodberries and 1 Entangle next morning.

Edit: Damn, what a way to spend a 19 and a 20

arkol
2011-04-22, 02:44 PM
The group decides to settle in for the night. Cirila and Wolfe look around for a suitable place while Alexis and Binderal tend to the horses. As they look around Wolfe finds some very rare mushrooms. He picks them and makes a small hole on the ground which he covers with some grasses. He then places the mushrooms inside and covers them with another layer of grasses and then with dirt. He then proceeds to make a very small fire while the sun is still in the sky to avoid any unnecessary attention. After a while he puts out the fire and digs the mushrooms again. He then offers you the mushrooms and settles for the night on a nearby tree log.

You look suspiciously at the mushrooms. You try them (or not) and also settle in for the night, with the pre-established watches...

Let me know if you try the mushrooms, including you Archive :smallbiggrin:

King Tius
2011-04-22, 03:35 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
As the hours rack up on the tracking the slender Elf becomes increasingly irritated. Having no tracking skills to help contribute, he has been forced to keep himself busy by whistling and making idle conversation with Alexis. The topics are non-specific and wide-spread, ranging from his favorite types of fruit to the most interesting pair of shoes he's ever owned. When the time finally comes to camp, he tends to the horses and lets out the LOUDEST sigh possible as he collapses against a makeshift log-chair. When offered a mushroom, he pops it into his mouth without a second thought.

"By Desna's bouncing bussom, I am EXHAUSTED. Shall we get a bigger fire going? Worst case scenario we're nice and warm tonight and the bandits come to us!"

dr.cello
2011-04-22, 07:05 PM
Cirila

Cirila inspects the mushrooms warily--it never pays to be too hasty about eating things found in the wild, as she has no doubt learned from experience at some point. If she determines they're safe to eat she'll happily eat them (and tell the party what she knows, because mushrooms are pretty exciting), otherwise she saves them for later and keeps a careful eye on those who do eat them before attempting anything.


Knowledge (nature) on the mushrooms: [roll0]

arkol
2011-04-23, 01:06 PM
With or without mushrooms you all lie down for the night and quickly fall asleep (except for the one in each watch).

12 Gozran 4711 AR - Starday

In the morning you wake up refreshed and ready to continue the journey. You eat something before setting out. Easily you find Cirila's marks and the tracking continues...


Remember to keep deducting rations please.

Wolfe 1
[roll0]
Cirila 1
[roll1]

Wolfe 2
[roll2]
Cirila 2
[roll3]

Wolfe 3
[roll4]
Cirila 3
[roll5]

Wolfe 4
[roll6]
Cirila 4
[roll7]

Wolfe 5
[roll8]
Cirila 5
[roll9]

Wolfe 6
[roll10]
Cirila 6
[roll11]

arkol
2011-04-23, 01:09 PM
Aditional check:

[roll0]
[roll1]



Another morning goes by and the group manages to get another 6 miles worth of ground behind them. They could have covered a bit more were it not for a small setback in the middle of the morning where Wolfe had to backtrack several times.

arkol
2011-04-23, 01:22 PM
Once again the group setles down for a quick meal. The whole tracking process is rather tedious and you're all bored, particulllary Alexis and Binderal but you press on once more.


And... you guessed it, more tracking rolls:

Also you're now entering hex D4:

Wolfe1[roll0]
Cirila1[roll1]

Wolfe2[roll2]
Cirila2[roll3]

Wolfe2[roll4]
Cirila2[roll5]

Wolfe3[roll6]
Cirila3[roll7]

Wolfe4[roll8]
Cirila4[roll9]

Wolfe5[roll10]
Cirila5[roll11]

Wolfe6[roll12]
Cirila6[roll13]


And again the group has an hard time picking up the trail again after stopping. Maybe it's more than a coincidence?

Another hour lost and back on track they are. Another two hours traveling and tracking and it seems you're not getting out of this forest anytime soon and they're getting near their daily limits of marching...


Sigh.. this is getting a bit tedious isn't it? Oh well two failed checks lost you a lot of time.
What you guys wanna do now?

King Tius
2011-04-23, 01:58 PM
Binderal Sellen and Alexis Mayfield
"Now, I hate to be a pill, but I'm beginning to think that all this tracking isn't getting us anywhere. Let's find us some high ground and start a big bonfire. It'll bring the bandits to us! If we keep tromping through these woods much longer all we're going to find ourselves is dead."

"Do we really want to attract so much attention to ourselves? Let's make camp and get some rest. We should give the trackers another day on the trail. We must be getting close to their camp by now."

Assuming there is no objection from the trackers, Binderal and Alexis once again tend to the horses. Were there any effects from that mushroom?

arkol
2011-04-23, 03:54 PM
And yet another night that goes by without much trouble. The new day comes and clearly the group is grumpy and bored, but thing are bound to change soon....



Ok here we go. Hopefully this is end now...

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]

Holy crap... those are a lot of failed checks... me needs to do some math... and probably roll some more...


Maybe it's because today is suposed to be a restfull day, or perhaps for some other reason, Wolfe doesn't seem to be on one of his days. He keeps loosing the tracks and the group looses a lot of time backtracking and making the same paths again. They even skip lunch but eventually they reach a river.

The water runs north to south and the footprints follow the river direction. The group decides to finally take a break for food today and after a while they get back on tracking the now muhc easier to follow prints on the softer riverside ground...

arkol
2011-04-23, 04:07 PM
Ok the dc changes now. You must however make 3 sucefull checks or you're out of marching time without forced marchs. Cross yours fingers:

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Sucess!!!


After another two hours of much easier tracking the footprints change direction once again. They follow a small creek and both Wolfe and Cirila can clearly see many more signs of human(noid) precense. You're almost sure the camp is nearby...

King Tius
2011-04-23, 04:21 PM
Binderal Sellen and Alexis Mayfield
"So you think the camp is nearby? Finally! How abouts the Armored Lady and I stay here and hide the horses while you sneak around and find where they are? We can plan our ambush accordingly once we know where they sit."

For her part Alexis looks mildly annoyed at Binderal's nickname but does not rise to the jab. "The creek makes for a good ambush point. We can force them towards the waterline and pin them there."

Archive
2011-04-23, 04:44 PM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Wolfe becomes very quiet at the realisation that enemies are near. Dropping low and moving slowly and deliberatly he begins looking around to try to figure out where they might be. His wolf mirrors his actions, stalking the area for signs of the enemy.



Wolfe's stealth: [roll0]
Wolfe's perception: [roll1]
Wolf's stealth: [roll2]
Wolf's perception: [roll3]

If the enemy doesn't appear to be immediatly present, I cast the two goodberries I memed for today. [roll4]

That will be 7 old berries, 11 new.

arkol
2011-04-23, 04:52 PM
You can't really see, hear or even smell anyone in particular, but you notice that a few feet ahed of you the ground has been used quite often and a natural path has formed. You can see that some 70ish feet ahed of you, partially obscured by intervening foliage there's a wagon in that path. One very similar to the one you saw at Oleg's.

Archive
2011-04-23, 06:43 PM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Suspecting an ambush similar to the one the bandits found themselves in, Wolfe opts to go off the beaten path to make sure the other pack members wouldn't be walking to their death.

Taking his time to carefully maneuver his way through the plant life, Wolfe stalks his way to the right of the path, approximately forty feet to the side. As hard as it was to see such a large manufactured item through just seventy feet of foliage, spotting hidden people would be near impossible, so Wolfe trusts his nose to pick out any hidden enemies.

Friendly reminder: I can discover enemies even if they beat my perception by sense of smell if they are close enough.

Wolfe Perception: [roll0]
Wolfe Stealth: [roll1]
Wolf perception: [roll2]
Wolf stealth: [roll3]

EDIT: Crap, stepped on a branch. Lets hope nobody's here, right? :smallwink:

dr.cello
2011-04-23, 07:15 PM
Cirila

As Wolfe sets off to scout, Cirila waits a few moments and creeps off in a similar direction, also looking out for signs of bandit activity. She doesn't yet have a weapon drawn, though she seems poised to strike the moment she sees something.


Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Zealumieo
2011-04-23, 07:19 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

Alexis had no success with the last time she attempted to sneak up on something... Despite the fact that she wished strongly to be up in the front, arms ready for a fight- she stood back with the Binderal, roping in the horses. Alexis strongly respected any sort of sign or lesson she could've taken from an Elk sighting... and so far it had just showed her how inept she was at sneaking around. Praying for Wolfe and Cirila's success and safety during their recon task, she waited quietly.

arkol
2011-04-23, 07:29 PM
Even with the rather noisy scouts you manage to somehow raise any sort of alarm. The three scouts make their way towards the wagon but keep a safe distance from it. Wolfe stops a good 50ft from it (at an angle) and crouches behind a tree. Cirila slowly makes her way there too and crouches by his side. Suddenly she sees a shadow up in a three and she almost let's out a noisy but stops in time. She poitns up and Wolfe sees it too.

Some 20feet behind directly behind the wagon (about 75ft from where you are now) you see a man on top a platform haging from two trees. The platform is about 20ft high. He seems to be looking towards the wagon, but not particually attentive.

dr.cello
2011-04-23, 07:46 PM
Cirila

Cirila makes her way quietly (hopefully) back to the others to relay what she saw. "There's a sentry on a tree platform behind the wagon," she whispers, pointing at where the tree stands. "He's within easy bowshot. I say we find cover or concealment and pick him off from here."

Archive
2011-04-23, 08:21 PM
Counting on the watchman to keep staring forward, Wolfe keeps his fifty foot range while creeping further to the right and forward to get closer to their base without being detected.


Wolfe Stealth: [roll0]
Wolfe perception: [roll1]
Wolf stealth: [roll2]
Wolf perception: [roll3]

King Tius
2011-04-23, 08:42 PM
Binderal Sellen
"A sentry, eh! I'll put this new bow to use, then." Bin knocks an arrow and slinks into the woods, going the opposite direction but same general path that Wolfe does. When he's reasonably sure everyone is in position, or if cover is blown, he takes his shot.

Stealth Check: [roll0]
Bow Attack: [roll1]
Bow Damage: [roll2]

dr.cello
2011-04-23, 08:59 PM
Cirila

Cirila slinks wordlessly after Binderal this time, moving to a position that grants her cover from the sentry, readying her bow and letting loose an arrow once everyone is in position or it's clear that they've been spotted.


Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

To-hit: [roll2] (assuming he's human)
To damage: [roll3] (ditto)

Zealumieo
2011-04-23, 09:01 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

In a rather awkward predicament, Alexis turned to Cirila and whispered, "Are you sure its the bandits? Rather not shoot down an innocent person." It was more of a confirmation then anything else, a lawful camp would indeed have a lookout... but would make less sense for a outpost taxed by the bandits. As long as the tracks led straight there, Alexis felt confident enough that it was the bandit's outpost.

After the expected answer was given, she also added, "How close do you think I can get? I don't want to ruin our surprise. I'll go with you and Bind, help take down that lookout." Like the Elf, she had a bow and arrow ready.

Stealth (Hopefully with Cirila Aiding another) x.x
[roll0] ((Add 2 if Cirila does help)

Bow Attack
[roll1]
Damage [roll2]

If she has a sensible chance (and is close enough) to look at the camp and detect evil she will.

dr.cello
2011-04-23, 09:02 PM
Cirila

"The bandit tracks led right here, and that wagon looks a lot like Oleg's."

Cirila slinks after Binderal now, moving to a position that grants her cover from the sentry, readying her bow and letting loose an arrow once everyone is in position or it's clear that they've been spotted.


Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

To-hit: [roll2] (assuming he's human)
To damage: [roll3] (ditto)

EDIT: ninja'd, text revised slightly.

arkol
2011-04-23, 09:13 PM
Somehow everyone is able to get into position without any sort of alarm being sounded. Everyone with less hair that a gorilla shots an arrow at the completly unaware sentry. Cirila's arrow misses but the other two arrows perfurate his torax almost at the same time and the man drops dead.

With some luck his body doesn't slide off the platform.

Wolfe keeps moving foward to get further scouting. As he reaches the next tree on his path he realizes there's another platform there. He's so close to the sentry he can even smell him. The seentry does not seem to have noticed him. A little to the northeart he can see a small clearing with a bonefire that is for now unlit. There's some logs around it. And you can hear a faint humming ahed.

Just as Wolfe eyes finish scanning the area he hears a sound above him.

"Hey!"

Wofle freezes for a second.

"Hey Boris! Where are you?!"

dr.cello
2011-04-23, 09:32 PM
Cirila

Cirila gives her companions a brief smile and a thumbs-up gesture, then turns her attention to the source of the newfound shouting. Scanning the area for sign of the new sentry, she begins to quietly move from tree to tree in hopes of lining up for a better shot.

If she sees him, she gestures the others over and points him out--once they're nearby and in position, or once he's clearly spotted them, she sends another arrow in his direction.


Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1] (+2 if he is hu-man)

To hit: [roll2]
To damage: [roll3]

arkol
2011-04-23, 09:34 PM
The foliage blocks Cirila's view to the target. She knowsmore or less where he is, but she can't really see him.

Zealumieo
2011-04-23, 09:37 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

Mildly alarmed at the new voice, Alexis moved to assist in taking down another sentry. This whole exercise felt a bit new to her, generally bows were used for hunting... but this could be considered a hunt of a different sort of prey. Acknowledging Cirila's thumbs up, she too moved to shoot once again.

Stealth
[roll0]
Perception
[roll1]

Bow Attack
To hit: [roll2]
Damage [roll3]


((Derp guess Alexis can't see anything either))

Archive
2011-04-23, 10:08 PM
Not having any way of getting at an enemy directly above himself, and having heard another enemy nearby, Wolfe opts to hold his position, intending on clubing any enemy who gets close.

Ready action: Attack anyone who comes within melee range. Presumably the wolf will do the same. Since I'm not moving, I believe I get to keep my stealth check, unless you want me to re-roll.

Wolfe's perception: [roll0]
Wolf's perception: [roll1]

If necessary, staff swing: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]

Wolf bite: [roll4]
Free trip: [roll5]
bite damage: [roll6]

EDIT: Sad time to have our luck turn.

King Tius
2011-04-23, 10:37 PM
Binderal Sellen
As he slinks through the woods to get an eye on the next sentry, Bin decides to try something....different. Doing his best imitation of a human man's voice, he gives a short response to try and assuage the other guard.

"Ya! Had to $#!t."

Bluff Check ???: [roll0]

Also, in order to continue sneaking through the woods after calling out to him:

Stealth Check: [roll1]

Finally, once he can see him:

Bow Attack: [roll2]
Bow Damage: [roll3]

dr.cello
2011-04-23, 10:38 PM
disregard plox

arkol
2011-04-23, 10:46 PM
And just like that, in a couple of seconds all hell breaks loose. The voice coming from the wrong direction and the loud armor clanking makes the sentry come foward in his platform with a "What in the nine...". He never finishes the sentence, his movement giving his position away. This time all three archers hit home but unlike the last time his body falls clear on the ground. That's enough to put the others on their feet with weapons in the ready.

King Tius
2011-04-23, 10:53 PM
Binderal Sellen
Not wanting to waste any time, Binderal quickly slings his bow back over his shoulder and quaffs his Dex mutagen. He then pulls out the necessary vial and powder to make a bomb. If he can see the remainder of the bandits (or at least get a feel for their general direction and range), he hurls a bomb, preferring to hit an empty square and guarantee some serious splash damage over hitting a single target.

OOC: Not sure if we're doing a battle map for this fight, so if we're not, here is my attack roll. DC 5 to hit an empty square. If a battle map shows up, I'll pick my target and apply the necessary range penalties

Bomb Attack: [roll0]
Bomb Damage: [roll1] for direct hit

Bin's AC is now 20 for the next 10 minutes

arkol
2011-04-23, 11:13 PM
The bandits are now alarmed but are not exactly sure what's going on. The group (Alexis, Bin and Cirila) can see a pair of them coming from the woods on the far side of the creek where it breaks down into two streams.

Wolfe sees something else however...

Map for group:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/arkol/Kingmaker/BanditsCampOthers.jpg



You guys are actully off-map, near that red arrow. some 10ft or so past that. You can see Wolfe but not what he can see. Check your PM for your own map Archive.

King Tius
2011-04-23, 11:23 PM
Binderal Sellen
In that case, Binderal will double move towards K3, aiming to end up a little "southwest" of it so as to get some cover from the greenery. As he moves, he will scream loudly and wildly, waving his hands in the air so as to draw the two bandits' attention.

dr.cello
2011-04-23, 11:38 PM
Cirila

Cirila moves forward slowly to assume cover by the tree west of the red arrow and fire another arrow at B3.


To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Zealumieo
2011-04-23, 11:38 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

"Oh gods... What is he doing." Alexis murmured to herself. Knowing her stealth was doing her no favors, she moved towards to edge of the forest. Alexis began switching around her arms starting with her bow and then her shield.


Action: Put away bow
Move action: Move towards the tree line, draw shield during this action.

Archive
2011-04-24, 07:25 AM
With the Elf drawing attention, Wolfe knows no one will be passing near by, so he changes his plan and instead shift his possition slightly to the east, to get a better view to the north. He waits until he sees an enemy running through the group of trees to the north of his position, then releases a spell to entrap their prey.

While the beast at his side is begining to get excited, Wolfe manages to keep it under control and in hiding.

Free action: 5 ft step to the SE if the tree I'm under won't block my vision, or due E if by moving further in my vision will be occluded. Free Action, handle animal the wolf to stay (dc 15): [roll0]
new stealth for moving: [roll1]
Standard action: ready action to cast entangle 40 feet north of myself. Trigger is when I spot an enemy moving farther away from the intended center of the spell, regardless of what direction they're going, who has entered the 40ft area of effect.

arkol
2011-04-24, 04:12 PM
running two seperate maps is too much work. I'm gonna ask you all to try and avoid metagaming against the things you don't see...



Alexis, Bin and Cirila.

As the elf runs like a madman you both take position behind the tree, Alexis storing her bow and drawing her scimitar and shield, Cirila starts to make some damage, hitting her target in the shoulder. He grunts but still stands.

Wolfe

From a small path to the northeast you see a woman emerge. She looks angry and draws one small axe as she moves. Once she gets too close you cast your spell and suddenly vines erupt from the ground and lash out at her and the other bandit near you. The woman gets her foot entangled and then kicks around and screams in rage but isn't able to break free. The other bandit however is quick to react and jumps out, not quite realizing what happened, he moves behind a log bench and crouches taking his bow and waiting for an enemy to preent itself.

Alexis, Bin and Cirila (again)

Just after Cirila shoots her arrow you hear Wolfe murmur something and sudenly you see a mass of vines erupting trough the trees where he is. Cirila's target is engulfed by the vines and screams in horror kicking but the vines prove to be too strong for him. His buddy is a little more fortunate and the vines miss him by a few inches. He moves towards a nearby tree and takes a shoot with his longbow at Binderal but misses wildly.

map coming up in a few seconds. wolfe I'm not sure I completely understood your trigger, but I think the effect is more or less the desired one (completly screwing up their turn).

Your turn guys


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/arkol/Kingmaker/banditscampround2.jpg

dr.cello
2011-04-24, 04:22 PM
Cirila

Cirila smiles thinly as the vines rise up against her opponents, and fires another arrow at her original target. "Looks like our friend Wolfe has them slowed down," she whispers to Alexis. "That should make things easier."


To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

arkol
2011-04-24, 04:29 PM
Cirila hits him again and as he falls to the ground the vines completly engulf his body.

Zealumieo
2011-04-24, 04:53 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

"Good, though wish I knew how long it'll hold. Seems like they may not have seen you, but they've definitely seen me by now. I'm moving up with Bind. Keep it up." Alexis responded. "Stay with Wolfe."


Spend the whole round moving up to K4 with cover. >< Not into the vines. Do the Logs give cover or are they just difficult terrain?

King Tius
2011-04-24, 07:06 PM
Binderal Sellen
Binderal readies his bomb and moves towards B3 (two squares right, one square diagonally up-right, three squares up). Once he is in position (only one range increment away, I believe), he lets his bomb fly.

Bomb Attack vs touch AC: [roll0] (+2 from mutagen, -2 for range)
Bomb Damage: [roll1] fire (no save since it isn't splash damage)

arkol
2011-04-24, 07:43 PM
Binderal bomb strikes true and the bandit takes heavy damage from it.

Guys I would like to ask you to keep the post with IC information only, and everything that is ooc you place at a spoiler block at the end of the post.

So you move towards the bandit and throw a bomb and then
you move 2 squares north and 3 squares right and here are my rolls and stuff

cool?
Bin he's actually 3 ranges away (45ft) so the penalty is -4. You still hit.

Archive
2011-04-24, 09:13 PM
Just like on a hunt; entrap, encircle, bring down. Not wanting the guard he can see to get away, Wolfe approches him carefully, making sure to keep both cover and difficult to manuver through plants in between them. A hunter needs to be patient, even in the heat of battle.

Move: east 3 squares, NE 1, E 1.
Standard: ready action, attack an enemy who gets within melee range.
Free: Command wolf to heel: dc 15 [roll0].

arkol
2011-04-25, 05:37 AM
Wolfe leaves his covered position and when he steps into the larger log two arrows come flying at him, one from the bandit he was following and another one from a bandit hidding behind a log further north. Luckily both of them miss as the woman continues to struggle against the vines.

Then almost in concert all three bandits fire their bows, the same two at Wolfe again, and the other one at the elf. Only one of the bandits hits Wolfe and the woman struggles against the vines some more and finally breaks free and manages to leave the area just in time to avoid getting stuck again. At the same time the bandits that shot Wolfe back up towards her and the other one gets a better hiding position behind the nearby tree.


The first shots were readied actions in case you miss that. Then they shot their normal turn actions. No one is entangled now. Let me know if you wanna dismiss the spell or not.

5 damage to Wolfe

your turn guys

MAP:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/arkol/Kingmaker/banditscampround3.jpg

dr.cello
2011-04-25, 02:56 PM
Cirila

Cirila briefly scans the field in front of her for a position that might offer a clean shot at the now-scorched bandit, but, apparently finding nothing, simply remains in her current hiding spot and lets her arrow fly.


To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

King Tius
2011-04-25, 06:56 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
Unable to resist the urge to try and bomb multiple targets, Binderal moves parallel to the stream, bringing him closer to the scorched bandit but allowing him to toss his bomb more easily at the cluster of thieves.

Summary

Moving 4 squares diagonally to the "Northeastern" direction. Moving at least 10ft this round gives my bombs a range increment of 30 ft, so I believe the bandit druid K will be in the third range increment (-4 to attack). I will leave this penalty out of my attack roll in case you need to adjust it.

Ranged Touch Attack vs K: [roll0]
Bomb Damage: [roll1] fire, 5 splash damage. DC: 14 reflex save for splashed bandits to take half damage.

Archive
2011-04-25, 07:24 PM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Rrawarh! Woodland creatures don't do that. Not wanting to re-live getting shot, Wolfe dives for cover before pulling out a handful of berries and eating them.

Free action: 5ft step NE
Free action: Drop prone
Move action: Pull out 5 berries (2 left)
Standard: Eat 5 berries, heal to full health.

Zealumieo
2011-04-25, 07:58 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

Alexis gave a good, long stare at Binderal. He was doing fine before- a moment ago he was in cover taking care of the last bandit in the river. Then Just as nonsensically as before, he was running off at some other direction. What was he... Turning to look in the direction, Alexis caught full sight of 3 bandits... Including one that looked like the woman that had been described from before, "Take care of that last one in the river atleast!" Although it seemed like Alexis was only talking to Bind, the message was also for Cirila, "I see a group, NorthEast of me." Identifying the bandits that time was solely for the ranger. Noting that nothing was coming out of the bushes to jump the elf and the distance between her and all the bandits in sight (in addition to having them cut off), Alexis freed up her hands and knocked her bow once again. Releasing an arrow at the river bandit


free action, drop sword and shield.
Move Action, draw bow Fweh...
Action:
Bow attack B3
[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

arkol
2011-04-25, 09:19 PM
Alexis finishes off the lone bandit while the others take heavy damage from Bin's bomb. Outnumbered and now injured they turn and start running trough the game trail.

And... they're off the map (to the NE) which kinda sucks but I think it's the only sensible tatical decision here.

I would really like to try to make a chase with the new pathfinder rules for chases, but I won't have much time these coming days and it implies lots of rolls and stuff. Would take a long time to resolve in phb and I'll only have my days off on the weekend so... better going with normal stuff. Let me know if you chase'em, running double moving, go back for horses or just leave them or what.

dr.cello
2011-04-26, 02:53 AM
Cirila

As the scorched bandit falls, Cirila moves forward towards Alexis' position, just in time to notice the rest of them fleeing. Her previously cautious movements and demeanor are gone, replaced by a sudden sense of urgency. "We have to go after them! They could be getting help, or--" She cuts herself off. "Wolfe, the trail is fresh, you should go after them now. The rest of us will mount and catch up. Hurry!" With that she hurries off towards the horses, stowing her bow and mounting, waiting for the others to mount before setting off in pursuit.


Not sure if they are necessary yet, but here is a ride check and a perception check:
Ride: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1] (incl. the +2 favored enemy bonus)

King Tius
2011-04-26, 06:58 AM
Binderal Sellen

Heeding Cirila's advice, Bin darts towards the horses and mounts as quickly as he can.

"Hurry now, if we have to track them for days again, I'll lose my mind!"

Zealumieo
2011-04-26, 08:15 AM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

Alexis had no time to turn around and take a last shot at the bandits, but as she heard the others she was with them, "Don't allow them out of your sight." Gathering her gear from the forest floor, Alexis ran off to her horses.

Archive
2011-04-27, 06:23 AM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Like a pair of hounds after a wounded rabbit, the two dart off into the woods at top speed after their prey. The bandits don't know it yet, but they are as good as dead. Blood loss will fatigue them, the woods will blind and confuse them, and fear will push them to their limits.

Wolves do not tire, they run for miles.

Woods do not confuse them, their noses lead the way.

Fear does not drive them, they drive the fear.

The bandits will die as they lived; hiding in the dark corners of the world, hoping that the people they have hurt don't find them. They cannot hide forever.

Standard action: Dismiss Entangle
Free action: order wolf to attack: (dc 15) [roll0]
Move action: Move 30 feet after the bandits.

dr.cello
2011-04-28, 07:26 PM
The Chase

The bandits don't have time to get far. Almost as soon as they take off into the woods, Wolfe and his companion are on their heels--and it's not much longer before the rest of the party mount up and take off in thunderous pursuit. The horses of Cirila and Alexis make their way nimbly through the game trail, while Mother lags behind the rest of the group.

Wolfe begins to fall back at this point--the bandits, driven by fear, are outpacing a lone man on foot, but the trail is straight and clean here, and the riders catch up. Wolfnette begins to hinder the bandit leader, and gets an axe for her troubles, while Binderal incapacitates one of the bandits with a single well-placed stroke of his short sword, and Cirila's longsword savagely opens her target's throat, and he falls with blood coursing from his neck.

And then, as quickly as it started, the chase is over. Kressle chooses to stand and fight, and the rest of the party begins to close on her position.

As she moves past the incapacitated bandit, Cirila calls, "Leave him alive!" to Binderal, but she seems intent on bringing Kressle to the swift justice of these lawless lands first.

And there it is, my summary of our rabbit hunt chase scene. Hope I didn't miss anything. Shall we switch the combat back over here now?

arkol
2011-04-29, 06:25 PM
Binderal manages to hit the bandit with the hilt of his sword knocking him unconscious. Meanwhile the rest of the group except for Wolfe surround the bandit leader but with little results, but she's now dual-attacking with her axes and the first one hits Cirila in her side, blood spilling to the ground.


6 damage.

There's also 13 previous damage to wolfnette

Archive
2011-04-29, 06:32 PM
Growling, the wolf once again leaps at her foe, hoping to tear out the throat of the one who has so greviously injured her.

Attack: [roll0] (+2 if the wolf is the other flanker)
Free Trip: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Zealumieo
2011-04-29, 06:59 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

Despite her wild miss during her horse charge, Alexis managed to stop the horse near the Axe woman. Hopping off, she was already in the frey- swiping once with her sword. A holy energy imbued her actions, and unlike the last bandits this time she seemed less interested in taunting them off.

Scimitar Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Grr... You have not been kind Giantitp.

dr.cello
2011-04-29, 07:10 PM
Cirila

Cirila grunts with pain, and swiftly retaliates with a two-handed downward slash of her longsword, eyes alight with fury.


To hit: [roll0] (+2 from flanking, +2 favored enemy)
Damage: [roll1]

Damn, the forums do not want us to actually hit, ever.
EDIT: realized I forgot another +1 for higher ground, so that to hit roll is a 15 I guess.

arkol
2011-04-29, 07:22 PM
The bandit lady dodges her head from Cirila's blow but not quickly enough and her sword slices her face almost in half. She drops to the ground dead. A few seconds later Binderal and Wolfe rejoin the group...

Archive
2011-04-29, 07:52 PM
Wolfe doesn't have a difficult time finding the group. The metalic smell of blood is thick in the air, and the sounds of battle carry, even in the deepest woods. Running forward to help his packmates, he arrives soon after the battle ends.

Seeing that Cirila and the wolf are injured, Wolfe enchants a few more berries. To Cirila he gives three, by holding them up to her mouth until she opens her mouth or takes them in her hand. The wolf is fed eight berries, with obvious reluctance, leaving Wolfe with a single berry remaining.

Done taking care of the wounded for a moment, Wolfe helps the others find the bodies of the fallen, using his nose to pick out where they lay. He does not however remove anything from them nor move their bodies unless asked.

Once the the bodies are found and dealt with, Wolfe backtracks to the bandit's camp, taking the wolf with him. He takes his wrapped blanket from his back and unfurls it, reveiling a box hidden inside. Opening it, he pulls out some medical supplies, including a needle and thread. Calling the wolf over, he pins it down with some difficulty, and begins to patch up the injured beast. The wolf is resistant at first, but with the use of a mild sedititive the druid manages to calm the beast enough to finish his task. An hour later he is done, and tenderly packs up his supplies before binding them in the blanket once more.

Heal check DC 20, bonus if higher than 25: [roll0]. Also, in case you want a handle animal check, [roll1].

EDIT: Curses, no success. Also, I have used two uses of my healers kit.

dr.cello
2011-04-29, 08:11 PM
Cirila

Cirila, momentarily distracted, smiles at Wolfe and takes the berries in hand. "Thank you," she says politely, and eats them slowly as she looks around at the scene, apparently lost in thought. Once she's finished the berries she dismounts and begins systematically searching the bandits, starting with Kressle, moving on to the one whose throat she opened down the trail, and finishing with the unconscious bandit. She places anything valuable they were carrying in Sasha's saddlebags. Once the unconscious bandit is stripped of his valuables, she ties him up with her coil of silk rope, then turns to the rest of the party.

"We should take our new friend back to the camp. Might be he's in a talking mood when we get there. We can rest there and figure out what's next." She glances at the two bodies, then down at herself, covered in blood that's only partly hers. "And we need to do something with the bodies. Give them the respect they denied their victims."

Taking 20 on searching the bandits in turn. Result should be 28.

arkol
2011-04-29, 08:20 PM
Despite being a little unorganized, bandit equipeing seems almost militarized as every grunt seems to be carrying the same "kit". Short sword, longbow an dleather armor and a few gold coins each.

The leader however has something else. Her armor is studden leather and both her axes are of superior make. She also has 4 ordinary daggers and an uniditified potion. She also has an heavy purse with almost 100 gold coins.



axes are masterwork of course, bandits have 10gp each, kressle has 85[/roll]

do you drag the bodies back to the camp? search the bodies there?

Zealumieo
2011-04-29, 08:39 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

"Yes well, I'll handle the cold ones." Doing her part, Alexis grabbed two of the bandit corpses... laying them across her heavy horse before following Wolfe back to the camp with them. She smiled at Wolfe's action of offering the berries rather then automatically feeding them to people. Surprisingly, other then a few flecks from Cirila's colossal slice it looked to Alexis that she was mostly clean for this fight.

On their way backtracking, she of course stopped to pick up her faithful bow... Rather pleased with its first run in a new set of hands.

Once everyone was back at camp Alexis started work on digging a grave for their felled enemies, it would be quite a task ahead of her so she was getting on it from the get go, "You can all just organize what goods you can find. Don't mistreat the one we captured... he may know where the ring is."

arkol
2011-04-29, 08:46 PM
The knocked out bandit is still... knocked out. Upon closer inspection of the camp you can hardly call it that. It's just a small clearing where the bandits have gathered a couple of logs and tree trunks to serve as chairs and tables around a un-lit bonefire.

Below the second watchtower there's a canvas tarp. You can see bits of food, firewood and one tent poking from underneath it. From the tree right next to it hangs a rope ladder.

Archive
2011-04-29, 09:05 PM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

When he has finished trying to patch up his companion, Wolfe climbs to his feet and walks over to where the graves are being dug. Seeing that the diggers are growing exausted with the effort of moving earth, Wolfe reaches for the shovel and takes a turn breaking roots and digging.

He knows from his experiences with his tribe, the dead don't always sleep restfully. If these bandits are going to come for him, they're going to have to dig themselves out of the pit first.

Some of my tribe becoming undead wasn't mentioned in my original backstory, but I've decided to add it on a whim. It adds some character depth and could become a future motivation to return and put them to rest.

King Tius
2011-04-29, 09:20 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
With all the other bandits dispatched Binderal wastes no time in returning to the one he knocked out. He makes sure to bind both the man's hands and feet before throwing him over Mother's back. Once back at the camp he props the man up against a tree and ties him to it so he isn't a flight risk.

Bin will then go and investigate the two watchtowers. If he has sufficient time, he will search around their bases (including checking under that tarp) and will climb to the top of each to take a look around. He'll also drag the two dead men from the watchtowers over to the lady gravedigger for processing.

"Well now, that was quite a little game we played there! I've been thinking about Oleg and all the gear he took off them bandits we killed...why don't we bundle up their gear and throw it in that wagon? I'm sure we can sell it back to him real cheap."

As he talks he takes a sip of the potion, attempting to discern what it is.

OOC:

Use Rope isn't really a thing anymore, so I don't know what to roll for tying the bandit up.

arkol
2011-04-29, 09:32 PM
The elf easily climbs the first watchpost. It's just a simple wooded platform semi-hidden between two trees. The only thing of note is a small stone which the alchemist quickly recognizes as a thunderstone. This was propably to be used as some sort of alarm system but it never got used.

The second one doesn't have a ladder. Some other way up must be found...

Under the tarp Binderal finds the real loot! Underneath the less valuable and day to day itens of the bandits lies their loot of the last few months or so:

90Gp
321Sp
A pair of silver earrings
A wooden music box
Three crates of furs and hides
A polished wooden case with 8 bottles of some greenish herbal liquor

Upon tasting the potion the elf can't quite put his finger on what it is, but it certainly is something he knows...



Yes I've been trying to figure out the whole rope tie up process ever since I notived the lack of use rope. And just like that it hit me. Let's check escape artist. And there it is. No need to roll. The DC is the CMB of the tier and that's it. Kinda weird that the best combant will ussually be the best tier. Oh well.

King Tius
2011-04-29, 10:48 PM
Binderal Sellen, The Appraisal Machine
The elven alchemist nearly squeals with delight at the goods he found. He takes the items one at a time and gives them a good look-over, using his past experience as a shopkeep to try and discern their value. He also takes another sip of the first potion to try and identify it again.

"Hmmmm, it's right there on the tip of my tongue....why is that so familiar?"

He'll also test the 8 other potions. I'm assuming he can reasonably determine that they are all the same kind. If he can't, he will taste them individually.

Appraisal Rolls

Silver Earings: [roll0]
Music Box: [roll1]
Furs and Hides: [roll2]
1st potion: [roll3]
Other potions: [roll4]


Once he's finished IDing the loot, he will wander back over to the group.

"Say now, who here fancies themselves the best climber? There's no way up to that second post, and I imagine we should give it a look, just in case."

He tosses the thunderstone lazily up and down in his hand to support his case.

arkol
2011-04-30, 12:58 PM
Anyone with a +5 climb modifier can make it up the second watchpost with take 10s so... moving foward.


Alexis and Wolfe are joined by the latter animal companion who starts digging with his front paws in the same general area where you're digging the graves. The rest of you cannot help a chuckle, despite the situation.

When the trio finishes digging graves for all the bodies night is almost falling and the group must make a quick decision wether to stay here or camp nearby or just head back to Oleg's (or some other location). To add further options, the knocked out bandit slowly comes back to his senses, but he looks in a really bad shape.

King Tius
2011-04-30, 01:29 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
With no aptitude for climbing, Bin focuses on the last bandit. He attempts to bandage some of the man's wounds and offers him a drink of water.

"Here you go, then. That's right, take a drink. Feel better? Want something a little stiffer? Here's the rub: you tell us everything we want to know about your little gang and the surrounding lands and we'll let you live. If not, I'm going to have to give you to the wolf."


Heal Check:[roll0]

arkol
2011-04-30, 01:33 PM
The man takes the water gladly and then takes a few moments to consider his situation.

He eyes the elf and finally says. "What do you want to know?"

King Tius
2011-04-30, 01:53 PM
Binderal Sellen, ?? Master Inquisitor
Seeing that the man is being compliant, Bin grabs some rations and one of the liquor bottles and places them nearby.

"Well, mate, a couple of things. First off, I'd like to know about your operations in the area. Where's your main camp? How many strong are you? Who's this Stag Lord? Go ahead and weave me a story; I've got time."

If the man starts talking and is proving forthcoming, Bin will slide him the food and liquor as he speaks as further encouragement. Once he's done that (and just to keep things moving) Bin asks some more questions:

"I'm sure you're pretty familiar with these lands. What can you tell me about the area? Any noteworthy spots? Do you think you could draw us a map?"

Bin will try and size the man up and try to determine if he thinks this man is trustworthy (aka just a mercenary) or is just an evil thug. If he thinks the man could prove useful, he will get up and talk to his companions....


I imagine you will want to roll my sense motive secretly


"Hey now, I think we should keep this feller with us. Man's got a good lay of the land and can probably show us a thing or two. What do you think?"

arkol
2011-04-30, 01:58 PM
When Binderal grabs the liquor bottle the man twitches a bit. When he passes the bottle to him the man refuses:

"That's for our leader. I wouldn't dare drinking that...

He's a a monster of a man. Calls himself the Stag Lord. He’s a deadeye with the bow, and I saw him crush a prisoner’s hand to mush in one fist. Come to think of it, I’ve never seen him without his creepy stag helmet on - some of my friends think he ain’t got no face under it, but not me - I think that creepy helm is his face!

There's a lot of us, but the men come and go. The Boss gots a few men he always keeps with him on his fort, but the lower grutns like me are always changing..."

dr.cello
2011-04-30, 06:16 PM
Cirila

Cirila shakes her head adamantly at the suggestion of working with the bandit. "He'll turn on us first chance he gets. I'd rather not have him around to lead us to his buddies."

She doesn't seem to be particularly inclined to speak directly to the bandit, though she remains close enough to listen. At his mention of the stag helmet, she grins and says quietly to Alexis, "Looks like we'll get to go stag hunting after all."

When he doesn't offer much in the way of useful locations, Cirila rummages in her backpack and produces her map-making kit, briefly sketches out what they know of the land, and hands it to Binderal. "This is where I think we are, that's Oleg's up to the east. See if he'll mark some landmarks for us." She says this loudly enough that the bandit can hear, but she's clearly talking to Binderal. "Then I think we should rest up for the night and head back to Oleg's at first light."

The map-making kit is basically a slate with a grid on it and different colors of chalk.

Archive
2011-04-30, 07:25 PM
With the dead buried, Wolfe decides that it is time to climb up to the unexplored guard platform. Grunting and growling as he climbs, he eventually gives up and decides to do something else.

Climb Check DC 15?: [roll0]
Take 20 on perception check, 28

dr.cello
2011-04-30, 09:18 PM
Cirila

Upon seeing Wolfe's failed attempt to climb to the platform, Cirila sighs, leaves her backpack at its base and climbs to the top to look around--looking for loot on top of the platform and to see if there's anything worth seeing from this higher vantage point.

"Not a bad setup they have up here," she calls down cheerfully.


Taking 10 on climb check for a result of 17.
Taking 20 on Perception at the top for a result of 28.

arkol
2011-04-30, 09:21 PM
Apart from the body of the bandit with the preditacble equipement and another thunderstone, Cirila doesn't find anything noteworthy in the platform. There's a similar rope ladder tucked to the side of the platform which she can lower if anyone wants to easily climb up, but nothing else.

will work out the rest of the bandit replys in this post in a few minutes

Zealumieo
2011-04-30, 09:32 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

"A fort? No real stag cowers behind other men, herding them in together behind a terrifying mask." Alexis wasn't as enthused at the idea of going after the Stag lord as Cirila was. She did not show an ounce of trust in the bandit, but she did wait for Binderal to finish up his questioning.

"This place here does seem like a good camp out spot for the night." She agreed with Cirila. Whist she and Wolfe were going up the platforms Alexis just looked over at the random bandit, "Have a name? Mine's Alexis... We're in a bit of a situation with you here with us, so I hope you're being trustworthy or else it could very well mean your life." Coming over to the tied up bandit she just stated the truth to him. It wasn't as much for a threat, but how he acted in the night and in the travel back to Olegs probably would be key to whether he'd be hanged over at the tradepost or not.

Whenever Alexis is listening to the bandit she's probably just sense motiving until she actually talks to him.

Detect evil... Because why not.

arkol
2011-04-30, 09:47 PM
yep he's evil, I'll consider most of this conversation is going on more or less simultaneously and the man is pausing to eat and stuff. I also presuming you freed his hand so he can eat but he's still tied to the tree and his legs are also tied. Or something.

When Cirila hands the map tools the man is quick to draw a few joted lines and a couple of Xs. He then makes a long more or less vertical line across the map

"Here's the rivers of the area and the bridges or fords where you can cross. This area to this side here is forest and here is mostly hills. This are knowed as the Narlmarches and the Kamelands. I wouldn't go to this bridge here... we destroyed it a few months ago anyway and you should be carefull crossing this one. This one here is almost broken. Never cross more than one at a time, and never with horses...

Here by Tuskwater is our fort.


He pauses for a few minutes to think.

"Oh right. A few days ago a few mites stole a couple of loot bags we had. No one bothered to go get'em back because it was mostly cooper's and junk but we think they live around here." He jots another X on the map.

When Alexis mentions the Stag Lord and the fort he adds:

"The Stag Lord is a bloody drunk. All that booze under the platform’s for him. He's half of what he used to be, and ain’t never been right in the head. A few weeks ago he punched my horse for spittin' in the yard. Personally, I wouldn't careif he dropped dead tomorrow, but even drunk out of his mind he's still got a fair amount of fight to him."

He pauses again.

“He keeps a strange old man locked up in the basement. I suspect the old guy might actually be running the show, using the Stag Lord as a puppet, you know. I got a look into the old guy’s eyes once, and it terrified me. He ain't someone I'd want to cross.”

So cello, how do you want me to give the map info to you?

King Tius
2011-04-30, 10:29 PM
Binderal Sellen, CG Elf Alchemist
After getting satisfactory answers from the bandit, Bin steps away from the man and makes hurried "come hither" hand motions to his companions. Once he's gathered the group (or at least two of them), he asks in a hushed tone:

"So, what are we going to do with him? I like him. Can we keep him?" He asks this last question with a pleading expression directed at Alexis.

Zealumieo
2011-04-30, 10:41 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

At Binderal's motion, Alexis came over and huddled. Sighing she looked over at the side, at the bandit and then back at the Alchemist, "Why are you so set on keeping him? For who knows how long he's been shaking people down... possibly killing those who don't comply." Noticing that she had stiffened up, Alexis exhaled a deep breath and released the tension on her shoulders, "Are you suggesting we attempt to see if he'll change his ways? I was only going to give him until we make it back to the tradepost... Fortune smiled on him once from not dying back there, Erastil willing- I do hope he doesn't squander that."

dr.cello
2011-04-30, 11:25 PM
Cirila

Cirila lowers the rope ladder from the tree fort and climbs down. "This guy just watched us kill half a dozen of his friends. You don't just forget about that." She looks somewhat uneasy. "I say we take him back to Oleg's." She hesitates, then turns to look at the bandit. "And if he's grown tired of how he lives, I know where there's a farmer whose daughter went off to explore the Greenbelt. He always needs more hands."

Archive
2011-05-01, 05:48 AM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Wolfe simply watches the conversations fly by; his is a serene face unchanged by talk of judgement, death, or mercy. Perhaps such thoughts are beyond him, or he is simply satisfied with the direction of the conversation. His general demeanor gives no indication one way or another.

The map, when it is done with and set aside becomes the object of Wolfe's focus for a while. He seems to understand that it is important, holding the board delicately between his two inhumanly large hands, but you're not sure he has gleaned much more than that. He turns it back and forth, looking at both the face and rear of the board, and spins it about, finally settling on holding it eastern side up. After a few more minutes spend observing the symbols written, on the face, Wolfe sets it down back where he got it from.

dr.cello
2011-05-01, 02:37 PM
Cirila

"And on the subject of Oleg's," says Cirila, taking up the map from where Wolfe left it and raising her voice so that everyone can hear. "We can make it there in a day, if we hurry or push ourselves. Since we know where we're going and how far it is, no sense in taking it easy. We need to start exploring--I don't want to attack the Stag Lord's fort without having a good idea of the lay of the land." Then she adds, actually addressing the bandit for the first time, "But this map will help. Thank you."

King Tius
2011-05-01, 04:34 PM
Binderal Sellen
"He may not have been living like a paladin, but he IS being cooperative. Many people are forced into lives like this. I say we give him the chance to prove himself. If he tries to kill us, you have my permission to cut him into little wolf-sized pieces."

As the group makes their way back to Oleg's Binderal remembers another couple questions he wanted to ask the bandit.

"Oh right, so, what's your name? And while we're on the subject, is your boss expecting you back any time soon? We wouldn't want him to come looking for us. Or Oleg."

OOC:

Full speed ahead!

Archive
2011-05-01, 09:34 PM
As the day turns to night, Wolfe continues poking around the campsite, eventually getting into the loot, eventually finding the music box. Peeking inside, he gives a start when the last few seconds of winding play out.

Quickly he becomes enamored with the device, as he opens and closes it trying to get the sound back. When that doesn't work he begins to inspect the device, being gentle so as not to damage it. Eventually he finds the winding key and after giving it a soft twist, he sees the gears inside move and a single note play. Having discovered the secret of the magical little box he winds it all the way and listens to the song play out, with all the enjoyment of a four year old.

Wolfe has apparently desided to claim the device, and cluches it close as he walks to the waters edge. Removing his boots and furs, he climbs into the water, leaving the small box nearby on the shore. He takes his time picking out interesting stones from the water; perhaps this one is a nice flat skipping stone, the next might be a small quartz picked up by the water's flow. One by one he picks them up and washes them in the dying light. Drying them best he can he sets the stones into the music box, creating a small collection.

By the time bedtime rolls around, Wolfe seems happy and satisfied with the events of the day. The horrors and pains of battle are washed away by the childlike play.

arkol
2011-05-02, 02:37 AM
You settle down to sleep and the night goes by without any problem. In the morning you finish up packing everything, eat something and then you depart your second battlefield of the epic adventure you have embarked in. The journey back to Oleg’s is uneventful and even the bandit prisioner behaves himself. It takes you most of the day to get there, with a small pause to eat. After many hours of traveling Cirila convinces you to push for another hour traveling at the double which, by her calculations will get you to Oleg’s.


Bin’s horse takes 6 damage, Alexis’s horse also takes 6 damage, Wolfe’s horse takes 5 damage, and Cirila’s horse takes 4 damage.
Wolfnette makes a constitution vs DC12 check to avoid damage:
[roll0]
She takes at least one damage for the hustle and plus 1d6 if the fails the previous check
[roll1]

Damage for her is non-lethal however. Together with the berries Wolfe gave after the combat and the pitiful damage you heal with a night’s rest here’s the HP status of the party:
Alexis, Bin and Wolfe are at full HP
Wolfnette is at 16/19 plus whatever non-lethal she takes now.
Horses are at: Alexis 9/15, Binderal 9/15, Cirila 11/15 and Wolfe 10/15.


Finally you’re within eyesight of the fort. In the distance you can spot something hanging from the palisade. Up in the closer watchtower you see a figure.

After looking at it for a while you can discern an humanoid form in metallic armor, carrying some sort of pole arm, probably a spear of some sort. The figure seems to spot you too, and when it does you can hear it shout. A few seconds later the doors of the trading post close, and a bit after that another figure pops in the watchtower from behind the palisade and then a third.
You can’t really make it out, but the last one seems to be Oleg. The men exchange some words between them and the doors open again.

When you get closer you can see that the third man is indeed Oleg. He greets you by putting his hand in the air but says nothing and then disappears back into the trading post. The other two you can now see more closely wear metallic armor, with the second one using a metallic encasing helm with the visor up. He says something to the spear-wielding man and then descends the watchtower too.

A bit surprised by all this you make your way into the trading post. Even for those not so used to tracking it’s clear from the area around the entrance, that there’s been some increased traffic to the place. When you enter the fort your suspicion is confirmed as you can spot quite a few new faces and two familiar ones.

By the wooden tables are Svetlana and two humans. By the looks of them they’re either hunters or trappers or both. Apparently they’re negotiating with her the price of some furs.

In both the NW and the SE watchtowers are two armored warriors. A third one is by the gate. By the stables is another man dressed in a simple wool robe. He seems some sort of priest.

When you enter Oleg is there to greet you and so is the last armored man you previously saw in the watchtower.

“AH! Who would have guessed huh? You’re all still alive!
Guess who this is?” – He points to the helmed man – “Kesten Garess and his men. The protection I’ve been waiting for, for months. Not as many as I would have liked but… better than nothing.”

Kesten Garess nods to you all.
“Thought you were bandits when Marcus there spotted you” – he points to the SE watchtower sentry – “We started protective measures immediately, but I’m glad it was just you. As I understand you saved me some trouble…” his eyes shift to the hanged-bodies-wall.
As you take another look inside the trading post you can spot some other new things, namely a number of tents by the stable and a few posters glued in the wall of the guesthouse.

dr.cello
2011-05-02, 03:17 AM
Cirila

"Those bandits won't be troubling you anymore," says Cirila with confidence. "Cirila Vida. This is Alexis Mayfield, Binderal Sellen, and Wolfe. It's good to meet you, Mr. Garess." She gestures at the rest of the party in turn. "We've got some trading we'd like to get done before we set out again." She glances around. "Looks like things are really picking up around here! I'm glad. We buried the bandits we found at their camp. We think--I think--things up here will be quiet for a while."

She gives the bandit prisoner an uneasy sidelong glance, but says nothing of the subject. "I don't suppose you could introduce us to the rest of your guests?"

dr.cello
2011-05-02, 03:30 AM
Cirila

"Those bandits won't be troubling you anymore," says Cirila with confidence. "Cirila Vida. This is Alexis Mayfield, Binderal Sellen, and Wolfe. It's good to meet you, Mr. Garess." She gestures at the rest of the party in turn. "We've got some trading we'd like to get done before we set out again." She glances around. "Looks like things are really picking up around here! I'm glad. We buried the bandits we found at their camp. We think--I think--things up here will be quiet for a while."

She gives the bandit prisoner an uneasy sidelong glance, but says nothing of the subject. "I don't suppose you could introduce us to the rest of your guests?"

King Tius
2011-05-02, 07:52 AM
Binderal Sellen
The slender elf eagerly extends his hand to greet Kesten. As he does so, he points his thumb in the direction of their captive.

"We tracked the louts back to a small camp and caught 'em with their pants down. Managed to take a hostage too." Binderal's face grows less cheery as he turns to Oleg. "Try not to use him as a decoration."

Before meeting the new arrivals to the fort Bin will lead Mother to the stables and tend to her, as usual.

Archive
2011-05-02, 08:07 AM
Unhappy with number of people, particularly in an enclosed space, Wolfe hangs back away from everyone. At lunch, Wolfe enchanted many more berries, and now he takes the time to recount what is left.

Expecting that the others will be talking for awhile, Wolfe decides to care for the horses, feeding them a few berries each. They take the the berries much better than the wolf does, and soon appear to mostly recovered from their fatigue.

Not expecting a fight and having run low on berries (1 left) with there still being injuries, I memed 3 goodberries. At lunch I cast them to heal the wolf. [roll0]. (Nice!)

Wolf ate 3, Wolfe eats two for food, that leaves 16 fresh berries.

EDIT: Horses are fed 13 Berries, leaving each at 13/15. Three berries left.

Zealumieo
2011-05-02, 10:48 AM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

Having nothing better to do on the trip, Alexis decided to spend time that morning just getting to know the bandit prisoner. There was no point in just avoiding him now seeing as they'd all agreed to attempt to reform him.

On the approach to the fort, Alexis was mildly alarmed at the armed men at the camp... but the tension dropped away once the explanations were given. Though a small lingering suspicion quietly questioned, why now? At Cirila's introduction the paladin only thought it appropriate to say her thanks, "Your presence here is such a relief, the Leveton's may have been in real danger if we had failed our hunt. But yes," Alexis joined Cirila with a smile, "care to introduce us to your men?"

At the other's unease about having the prisoner around, surprisingly Alexis didn't seem all that worried. In fact, she nudged Binderal a bit putting on a small grin and whispering, "We can bring that up later, we should be enjoying the peace we've earned for the last two days."

Ah why not
Diplomacy Influence attitude, though if you say his starting attitude is set then its just to be friendly.
[roll0] If he's unfriendly, re roll the check if it fails horribly. XD

arkol
2011-05-02, 03:19 PM
On the way to Oleg's Alexis manages to get Yannis (that's his name) to tell his tale. It's not pretty.

He explains that he turned to banditry after he was caught running a protection racket in Restov while also, in theory, serving as a soldier and city guard.
He fled the city when he learned that the law was coming for him, abandoning a wife and two children to suffer the shame of his crimes. He enjoys the outdoors and long walks on the beach and so quickly adapted to the life in the wilds, but otherwise living the living he had in Restov.

more coming

arkol
2011-05-02, 03:46 PM
Back in the trading post:

Kesten greets you with a nod and as Binderal is the only one extending his hand, he's the only one getting a strong handshake from the man.

"How many did you caught? If you caught enough I might have a reward for you. I'm only allowed to give it to you when I see proof of it, or bandit activity is visibly down...

My men... this here is Gael, and those in the towers are Marcus and Harris. All good men."

Archive
2011-05-02, 04:26 PM
Satisfied that the horses are taken care of, Wolfe leaves the stables intent on finding a quiet place to play with his music box and rock collection. In his haste he nearly trips over the robed man at the stable doors causing the box to fall out of his hands and the rocks to spill across the ground.

Quickly Wolfe picks up the box and winds it to make sure still works.

arkol
2011-05-02, 04:34 PM
The man is knocked to the ground by the sheer weight of the half-orc "bumbping" (more like trampling) into him but quickly get's himself up.

"My apologies, my friend. I haven't been myself lately. Here let me help you with that"

He proceeds to help Wolfe gather his precious rocks.

King Tius
2011-05-02, 04:50 PM
Binderal Sellen
"We only caught the one, but we buried several of his friends and have a lead on where their fort is located. Garess, was it? That's a Brevosi (or whatever the equivalent of Brevoy-an is) name, right?"

Archive
2011-05-02, 04:59 PM
At the sound of a voice Wolfe's head snaps up, bewildered and confused. So focused on the wellbeing of his new toy, he appears to have forgotten that he had run into anyone. As the box begins it's song, Wolfe inspects the man and his smells, trying to get a sense of him. The half-orc's yellow eyes gaze unblinkingly at the man.

Sense motive for hunch (DC 20): [roll0]

arkol
2011-05-02, 05:01 PM
Kesten Garess: "Er..hum.. yes. Yes it is." - clearly he is not confortable with the new course of the conversation "Tell me, friend elf, do you happen to have any proof of the deed?"

-----------------------------------------------------


Robbed man: "Something's wrong friend?"

King Tius
2011-05-02, 05:07 PM
Binderal Sellen
"Well, I didn't make a necklace of their tongues or anything like that, but we gathered up their gear and have that with us. I suppose you could ask Yannis as well."

arkol
2011-05-02, 05:10 PM
"And Yannis is?"

Archive
2011-05-02, 05:17 PM
Robbed man: "Something's wrong friend?"[/QUOTE]

Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

Wolfe just shakes his head no and begins to gather up the stones silently.

arkol
2011-05-02, 05:20 PM
"Not much of a talker huh? You have a name at least? I'm Jhod. Jhod Kravken. And you...?"

Archive
2011-05-02, 05:32 PM
Not quite sure how to respond, but knowing that he has to say something the grey haired half-orc shrugs and says "Wolfe...they call me Wolfe."

dr.cello
2011-05-02, 05:42 PM
Cirila

"And we've got that bandit lady's axes. Don't think she'd be letting go of them if she weren't dead and buried." Cirila politely excuses herself from the conversation with the guards, and makes her way in Svetlana's direction. "Hullo, Mrs. Leveton!" she calls cheerfully, but otherwise doesn't interrupt her exchange with the fur-traders.

arkol
2011-05-02, 05:56 PM
Jhod Kraven: "Wolfe huh? Are you sure that's your name? Sounds more like... your pet over there. Ah weel I supose one doesn't get to choose his own name. So you've been wandering in the wilds huh? Found anything interesting there?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kesten: "I really have no idea of what you people are talking ab..." says Kesten but Cirila is leaving already.

Svetlana: "Well hello dear." the new voice and Svetlana's attention to it make the trappers turn their own attention to Cirila. Being a young pretty woman both men take their time observing her head to toes. Svetlana herself feels a bit unconfortable and tires to hurry them away "So is this price alright with you? Good. Come dear. Help me carry this furs to the stockroom."

King Tius
2011-05-02, 06:27 PM
Binderal Sellen
"Why, Yannis is the bandit we brought back. What kind of proof would you like in the future? Hopefully it isn't something too....ghastly."

arkol
2011-05-02, 06:34 PM
"Well.. any kind... but equipement from suposed bandits is not proof enough. But from what Mr. Levton said I belive you are telling the truth. However I cannot handle the reward so easily... If you indeed defeated a whole camp of bandits their activity will decrease significantly in the next days... I'll handle you the reward when I think it's proper.

Now this Yannis guy... what are you gonna do with him?"

Archive
2011-05-02, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=arkol;10909957]Jhod Kraven: "Wolfe huh? Are you sure that's your name? Sounds more like... your pet over there. Ah weel I supose one doesn't get to choose his own name. So you've been wandering in the wilds huh? Found anything interesting there?"

Wolfe looks down at the music box, and back up at the robed man. Figuring he could probably shake him like a rag doll if it came to it, Wolfe decides to show the man his newest possession. Lifting it up shyly, like a child showing its favorite toy, Wolfe hands the box to the robed figure.

King Tius
2011-05-02, 06:43 PM
"Well, I don't know what you'd think, but from my personal experience I think he'd go splendidly with some lemon juice and turnips. Bah! I jest! We Elves gave up eating humans ages ago. You folk just don't live long enough to get rid of that gamey taste."

Binderal has to take a moment to suppress his laughter before wiping a hand over his face to help steady himself. "Right, yes, Yannis. I think he could prove to be a useful guide in these lands. He was driven into this life and I imagine that if we treat him well, pay him well, and don't let him hold anything pointy he could help us find the rest of the bandits. I figure we could fetter him and see how he does at first. If he's not keen on coming with us, I reckon Oleg could use an extra set of hands around here."

arkol
2011-05-02, 06:56 PM
Jhod: "Oh a music box. It's very pretty. Did you find this? In the wilds? Maybe in a temple? Did you fight a bear to get it?" - the man has an eager expression, waiting for you reply.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Kesten:

Kesten doesn't break an hint of a smile at the cannibalism joke. He remains serious, maybe even bored, as if he had listened too many a silly joke in his time. At the mention of keeping the man alive he voices his opinion.

"I have read your charter. It says otherwise when it comes to bandits..." he pauses letting the meaning of what he's saying sink in. "... but... he's your responsability, you do as you see fit."

dr.cello
2011-05-02, 07:02 PM
Cirila

"Happy to help," says Cirila, even if she wasn't actually intended to help with the furs. She follows after Svetlana. "How's things since we set off? Seems like a lot of change for a couple days of travel."

King Tius
2011-05-02, 07:05 PM
Seeing that the jokes aren't working, Binderal tries to keep things serious. "But what if this one bandit helps us kill the other bandits all the faster? Surely the bandit-killing ends would justify the not-bandit-killing means?"

arkol
2011-05-02, 07:07 PM
Svetlana: "Oh yes. About that. Sorry for not coming out to said farewell before you left but those... dead men... it was just something I didn't now want to see. Good thing Oleg hanged them on the outside..." - a chill seems to go down her spine and she trembles a bit - "See? It still gives me the chills. I can't wait for him to remove them from there and just put'em somewhere else... Mr. Kesten has been trying to convince Oleg to do it too but... no luck so far.

Other than that, yes things are finally picking up again. The news of the bandits defeat spread fast and the local hunters and others have started coming back for supplies. We're making up for the lost coin pretty fast..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Kesten: "You're taking that rascal with you, into the wilds, to fight his former comrades? I can't see how that could go wrong..." - he's obviously being ironic, but the blank face and complete lack of a smile makes you wonder if the man has some face-expression deficiency. Would make a great poker player if he does.

dr.cello
2011-05-02, 07:34 PM
Cirila

"I'm glad. Like I said before, a charter's pretty useless if we can't use it to help people." Cirila frowns, though. "Perhaps we can have a word with your husband about the bodies. I know these men have done terrible things to you and yours, but--well, we're not monsters. They're still people, and it's important to show that we still respect that."

arkol
2011-05-03, 02:46 AM
Svetlana: "Oh that would be great... being in the outside my eyes can't see'em, but my nose has already been complaining... it just ain't pretty... - she pauses as she leads to one of the rooms of the house to leave the furs there. "Leave them here dear." and then back outside. You both stop by the door looking at the trading post yard. "Yes... things are changing... but Oleg's still under a lot of pressure. Wish I could make something to make him feel better..." - her voice trails off, as she's looking no nothing in particular. You're about to say something when she gives a small scream. "Yes I know! I'm gonna make him his favourite dish!" she seems to be talking alone by now, completly happy as if she had discovered the cure for all the world's problems. It lasts only for a few moments when she realizes something else.

"I'll need your help Cirila. Oleg loves him some Moon Radish soup. But it's not so easy to come by'em. There's a pathc south of here, but there's no way Oleg will let me go there alone... could you get'em for me? Please?"

dr.cello
2011-05-03, 03:56 AM
Cirila

Cirila sets the furs down and "I don't see why not. As I told the others, I want to explore the area more thoroughly before launching any serious raids. I don't like being a long way from familiar territory. The, uh, the elf who lived with us for a while always said the best way to outsmart your enemy is to know the land better than he does." She pauses. "I wonder if you have a curveblade around," she muses absently, almost as if she isn't aware she's speaking out loud.

Archive
2011-05-03, 07:49 AM
[QUOTE=arkol;10910335]Jhod: "Oh a music box. It's very pretty. Did you find this? In the wilds? Maybe in a temple? Did you fight a bear to get it?" - the man has an eager expression, waiting for you reply.

Wolfe again shakes his head no again. "Bandits. Bandits at the river." is all he says, but he gives a meaningful glance towards the prisoner.

King Tius
2011-05-03, 07:53 AM
Binderal Sellen
Bidding Kesten a good day, the elf wanders over to the message board to see what's being displayed there.

arkol
2011-05-03, 09:27 AM
Svetlana: "A curve...blade? No dear, well at least I don't think so. Truth be told I don't even know what one looks like, but I never heard of such a weapon so I doubt Oleg has anything like that in the storeroom. But we can certainly arrange to get one over here if you like...."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Jhod: "Ah I see." he sounds truly disapointed. "You and your friends are gonna go back into the wilds no? You let me know if you find any temples out there yes? Maybe I could come explore it with you and your friends then?"

------------------------------------------------------------------

The elf approaches the guesthouse where they slept a few days ago. The first couple posters bear the seal of the Dragonscale Throne. One offers a reward for any significant blow to the bandits. The reward is 400gp. The other is about some Kobolds living in the Kamelands. The post offers a reward of 800gp to anyone who pacifies the Sootscale tribe.

The last poster is a less official one. It talks about some gruesome beast known as the Tuskgutter. From the description of the poster the beast might as well be the offspring of Lamashtu. From what you can gather between the lines of the over-the-top description, the beast is some sort of very vicious boar. There's a reward of one "magnificent bow and half-a-dozen very magicky arrows". The poster is signed by one Vekkel Benzen.

Archive
2011-05-03, 01:33 PM
Jhod: "Ah I see." he sounds truly disapointed. "You and your friends are gonna go back into the wilds no? You let me know if you find any temples out there yes? Maybe I could come explore it with you and your friends then?"

Not really understanding what a temple is Wolfe simply shakes his head in agreement. The others seem to enjoy naming things he figures, so if the pack comes across a temple, one of them will declare that's what it is.

dr.cello
2011-05-03, 02:35 PM
Cirila

"It's an elven weapon," says Cirila. "I'll mention it to Oleg. That and a bow with a stronger draw for me would make me happy." She glances in Wolfe's direction. "I think I'd better make sure Wolfe isn't getting himself into trouble. Good to see you though! We'll talk more when, well." She smiles apologetically and head-gestures at Wolfe.

With that she makes her way in the general direction of Wolfe and Jhod. "Hello, Wolfe! Are you having a good chat with the nice man?" She holds out her hand. "Cirila Vida, good to meet you."

arkol
2011-05-03, 02:44 PM
Jhod smiles "Well, hello goodlady. I'm Jhod. Jhod Kravken. I was just enquiring your companion about your recent forrays into the wilds. He doesn't speak much, I'm afraid. Maybe he just... shy?"

dr.cello
2011-05-03, 03:03 PM
Cirila

Cirila smiles. "I don't think he's used to . . . people. It's like, imagine if you'd spent your whole life in the city, and then suddenly you're herding cattle, and you don't know which end is which." She shrugs. "But he's good to have around. There's not a whole lot to tell about our exploration." She produces her map-slate. "We tracked some bandits down to their camp here and killed most of them, then came back. We only know the rest of the map because our new friend Yannis gave us the lay of the land. We hardly even know what's between here and the bandit camp."

arkol
2011-05-03, 03:07 PM
Jhod takes a good look at the map, studing every possible point of intrest. There's lots of "hums.." while he does.

"Yes very interesting. You seem to be doing fine so far. Could I ask you a favor? I already asked er... Wolfe here? Not entirely sure he got what I meant. If you come across any sort of temples, could I come and explore it with you?"

arkol
2011-05-03, 03:10 PM
Jhod takes a good look at the map, studing every possible point of intrest. There's lots of "hums.." while he does.

"Yes very interesting. You seem to be doing fine so far. Could I ask you a favor? I already asked er... Wolfe here? Not entirely sure he got what I meant. If you come across any sort of temples, could I come and explore it with you?"

dr.cello
2011-05-03, 03:46 PM
Cirila

"Oh, sure. Anything in particular you want us to look for? Or just temples in general?" Cirila pauses for a moment. "And do you want us to just run back here as soon as we find it, or should we clear it out for you first? I'd feel bad leading you into a mite-infested temple or something."

She smiles at Wolfe. "I'm sure he'd have got the message across. But I like knowing what to look for. Moon radishes, temples, mites. Good to have it all in mind."

arkol
2011-05-03, 04:13 PM
"Moon radishes? Mites?" - Jhod raises an eyebrow. "No, actually... it's a lost temple of Erastil. You should be carefull if you find it however. I belive it to be guarded by a huge bear..."

Archive
2011-05-03, 04:28 PM
Wolfe NG M Half-Orc Druid (Wolf Shaman)

...Bear...bear...the word sounds familiar...Stupid civilized people and their naming things. Why couldn't they speak like animals and simply describe things as they see them? An image of a burly, fur-covered animal leaps to the forfront of Wolfe's mind. Big-claw...yes a big-claw is what a bear is.

dr.cello
2011-05-03, 07:19 PM
Cirila

"A bear, eh?" Cirila nods cheerfully. "Well, I've been bear hunting before. I'm sure between the four of us it won't be a problem. I was expecting a curse or something creepy like that."

Zealumieo
2011-05-03, 07:23 PM
Alexis Mayfield, LG Human Paladin of Erastil

Noting that everyone was busying themselves with Oleg's guards, Alexis was too under the weather to be in the mood to speak with any of them. Other then saying a short hello to those she passed, the paladin made her way to the guesthouse for a midday nap to remove the various plate and riding related sores.

King Tius
2011-05-03, 07:41 PM
Binderal Sellen
Intrigued by the postings but more concerned with unloading the loot, Binderal finds Oleg and nearly accosts the man he is so excited.

"Oleg! My old chum! Not that you're old, I mean, well, I'm much older than you are. But hey, we've all got to die eventually right? Except you'll probably go first, given that I've got these pointy ears...Why did I come over here? Oh! Yes! You're a business man, aren't you, Oleg? Well, those bandits we found in the woods had a good bit of stuff on them, and I'd love to sell it to you. Tromping through the woods is great and all, but we're in need of funds! What say you, my good man? Shall we enter into a business accord? While we're on the subject, there are a few things we're looking to pick up that you probably don't have in stock. Do you think you could put an order in up the road, as it were?"

arkol
2011-05-03, 07:56 PM
As Binderal divagates on human vs elf longevity and death, Oleg's makes his slow-motion-jaw-drop face (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frLtRqkZ3C8) but once business in mentioned he's an happy man again.

"Well yes, yes, not sure if I have enough coin to buy eveyrhting you've got. We deal with direct trades a lot around here. I have a few I can spare to buy you something, the rest, you either pick up something else from my stock, or I'll have to give you credit.

As for orders, yes I can do that, but it will take time for the stuff to arrive, depending on how exotic it is. Other than that, shipments have been pretty realiable, but you better have enough credit to cover it or pay up front."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jhod just smiles a weary smile but says nothing else.

sense motive result: something about your mention of "curse" didn't fell well with Jhod...

dr.cello
2011-05-03, 08:02 PM
Cirila

"...there's not a curse, right? Just an inconvenient bear? Nothing sinister?" Cirila looks the man over carefully, then offers as friendly a smile as she can manage. "I want to help, but I can't if I don't know what we're going to face. The more you tell me the easier helping you will be."


Diplomacy, ranger-style: [roll0]

King Tius
2011-05-03, 08:04 PM
Binderal Sellen, Master Bargainer
"Excellent! Let's head over to the stables and I'll show you what we've gathered..."

OOC:

If it's alright with you, Arkol, can we do the loot exchange OOC to speed things up?

arkol
2011-05-04, 06:55 PM
Oleg is more than happy to buy everything you've looted from the bandits. At first he resists buying the earings for anything above his price, but after a bit of haggling you manage to convince him.

------------------------------------------

Jhod twitches and blushes a bit. "Well.. yes...er.. you see... the thing is... I mean... I've been having this dreams. Of the temple. A huge stag carved out into the rock. I think... I think I'm suposed to restore it. I see the bear in this dreams but... something's not right about that bear... I don't think it's natural..." he pauses for a few seconds and then adds in a different tone "There... now you think I'm crazy..."

Archive
2011-05-04, 08:06 PM
Wolfe's face takes on a quizical look. "What not natural about big-claw?"

dr.cello
2011-05-04, 08:07 PM
Cirila

"There's a lot that's not right in the Stolen Lands," says Cirila. "It's good to know there's other people trying to make things right for the people down here. I'll definitely let you know if we find it." She smiles at Wolfe, but otherwise falls silent.

arkol
2011-05-04, 08:09 PM
Expecting an awnser from Cirila first Jhod is slightly stunned when Wolfe replys.

"I.. er... what?"

After hearing Cirila's wors however his eyes light up and he smiles

"Thank you. Thank you miss! Please do!"