PDA

View Full Version : [NEXUS] OoC 18: Where the Females are Foxy and the Sirs, Superfluous.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Ashen Lilies
2011-04-10, 11:58 PM
WELCOME TO THE NEXUS!

So, what is Nexus?
Well, the Nexus itself is like a rift, a single, brilliant point where all the universes in this strange thing we call 'reality' meet. Traveling to, from, and between any world or cosmology is theoretically possible here, and the Nexus itself seems to encourage this happening, often sucking beings and locations out of other universes at random, and dumping them on the world that lies at its center. It was not always like this, however. Once there were two worlds at the Nexus' heart, separate and distinct, though somewhat similar in ways. Similar enough that they slowly and eventually merged, so that only one remained. Here in this world the Nexus' influence reigns supreme, and as such the world has defied almost all attempts at classification. Here, knights of old may engage with Jedi knights. Gleaming spaceships land in Dark Age hamlets. Cowboys and samurai quest together to find holy sandwich boxes. And in the heavens above, Xi Wangmu and the Flying Spaghetti Monster meet every Woden's Day to play bowls with Pelor (it gets pretty epic). Here the possibilities are endless, and the universe without rules (except the Forum Rules, and the general FFRP rules, and the Individual Thread Rules, and oh whatever). Welcome to Nexus. Fun is had here.

Major Locales

For an endless world that defies all logic and classification, Nexus can be pretty darn consistent at times. As such, several locations have survived the test of time, remaining (somewhat) constant amidst the chaos of the rest of the world.

Inside - Inside mostly resembles a modern city, with high-rise buildings and apartments, alleyways and roads, though the odd Demonic Monument can still be seen rising up above the surrounding suburb, teeming with dark cultists. Inside is the current seat of the Acronymian Empire, which controls much of the surrounding area.

Outside - If you ain't Inside, you're OUTSIDE! :smallamused: Simple as that. Outside is a meta-thread for all those wildernessy type areas that don't merit their own threads, be it wood or lake or tiny shack.

ACRONYMS - Home to adventurers, these complexes provide headquarters and occasionally living space for like-minded Player Characters. Invariably equipped with cheesy names, these structures provide a place for their various members to fight crime, cause chaos, or anything of the sort. Current Acronyms include:

AMEN - Association for the Malicious, Evil and Nefarious. Evil aligned organization, exists to be EVIL! And sometimes Ebil.
HALO - Heroic, Anti-evil and Lawbreaking Organization. Non-Evil aligned organization, exists to smite wrong-doers.
GLoG - Good League of Good. Good aligned organization, exists to redeem evil-doers.
LANTERN - Lawful Awesome Not-Neutral Truthful Anti-Evil Respectable Nothing Else. Good-Aligned group dedicated to fighting evil and crime of any sort.
NO - Neutralist Oganization. Neutral aligned organization, exists to perform mercenary contracts for other organizations and individuals in the Nexus without taking sides
WATCHTOWER - You Know What? Screw It. Non-aligned aligned organization. Exists to destroy threats to Nexus, whatever form they may take.
PACK - Perfectly Acceptable College for Kids. The local Nexus school. Class mostly occurs offscreen, though...
Aurora - Not really an ACRONYM, but the brainchild of several disgruntled LANTERN members, an organization dedicated to the betterment of the Nexus in general.

The Taverns
What kind of vaguely DnD-esque adventurer would you be if you didn't visit one of these places at least once? The various Taverns, Grills, Hotels, Cantinas and Restaurant provide meeting places for the Player Characters, areas for quest givers to stand mysteriously in, and also places for people to eat and spend the money they seem to have infinite amounts of. Though there are a vast number of such places in Nexus, some with their own thread and some without, throughout history three major hubs have existed, without which Nexus as we know it wouldn't exist. The Dancing Fox Inn, which is located in What used to be Town but is now another part of the Inside. Taverna Generica, which is located near Inside's more NPC inhabited areas. Finally, there is Trog's Tavern, which is located, maddeningly enough, at every corner of the Nexus at the same time. There is also the Black Dragon's Den, it's located roughly between the docks and the slums of Inside, and is the local hive of scum and villainy.

General Nexus FAQs:

Is there a guide to getting started? Besides this post, which you're currently reading, you should also read post 3 of the stickied FFRP Central thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9241295&postcount=3). Once you've read both, you can ask any questions you ask in the current Nexus OOC thread. If you have no questions, post in the Nexus OOC anyway to introduce yourself. And welcome. :smallsmile:

What kind of character can I make? Any. There are no restrictions on genre, alignment, world of origin, etc.

Will my power work the way it does in the source setting? Almost certainly not. In your setting, you may have been the Mighty Zorlox, whose power to control the world's socks was absolute, but in the Nexus, you may run across Madam Bo Peep, who controls the world's wool.

If my power goes against your power, who wins? In combat or any type of adversarial situation, the defender has the final say. So if Zorlox tries to turn Bo Peep's wool socks purple, Peep's player gets to decide if her wool power prevails. But if Bo Peep tries to have a pair of wool socks strangle Zorlox, then his player gets to decide if his sock power wins.

Oh no! Someone's already using my character concept! In the Nexus, all cosmologies are true. Just because someone is playing the incarnation of Death doesn't mean you can't as well. You are very unlikely to come up with a character concept that is wholly unique while remaining playable; there is nothing new under the sun, and so on.

Sometimes you'll say 'I just came up with a great character idea - they have x race and y abilities and z backstory and I'll call her Linda' and someone will say 'You mean like my character Lynda over there that I introduced last week?' No one really knows why these sort of coincidences occur, but the Nexus seems especially prone to them. When they do, the best thing to do is to fiddle with your character concept a bit to set them apart.

Where should I start? Long answer, you can start in any thread that isn't a private thread or a plot thread. Short answer, Trog's. Just start at Trog's.

Do I need to get pre-approval for my character, or fill in a registry form before I start? Nope. You can if you like, but it's not required. And sometimes it's better to get a feel for your character first, before deciding all the details about them.

Your first character (copied from FFRP Central)
So, you're ready to make your first character. One of the hardest things to get used to in ffrp is that you don't start out in an adventuring party, and there's no DM to push characters together. You'll have to actually find people to interact with on your own. Here are some tips (not requirements!) for making that easier on your first character:

Don't be the quiet person in the shadowy corner. If you roleplay as someone who is outgoing and talkative, you'll find it easier to make IC friends. Someone who is curious or greedy will be more open to plot hooks and adventure opportunities. But if you roleplay someone who is shy or quiet or wary of other people, you're likely to be left alone.
Don't be openly evil. If you walk into the tavern and start murdering npcs, you are unlikely to make a lot of friends and very likely to get jumped on by a bunch of PCs who were looking for a fight.
Consider starting low-powered. It's tempting in a freeform system with no scores or points to decide that your character is the best at everything, but where will they go from there? They can always gain powers or magic items or skills as they go on.
Don't be too needy. Remember in ffrp, you are not THE hero of the story. You are A hero, and there are many stories. The characters you meet at first are likely to be involved in their own affairs. Some players start by having their character immediately in need of rescue, healing, training, attention, etc. This can work well, but make sure you have a plan B in case there is no one willing to drop everything to devote themselves to being your rescuer! Can your character make it if they receive only a minimal amount of help, or none at all?
Don't be too self-sufficient. Remember in ffrp, you are not THE hero of the story. You are A hero, and there are many stories. If you are a combat powerhouse and a healer and a master of obscure lore and a spellcaster, people are likely to get weary of their characters taking a back seat to yours and decide you can do just fine without them.
Be aware of deadtimes and real life. Sometimes, not many people are online and active. Sometimes the people who are may only have a limited time to play and want to use it to progress their favorite storyline instead of meeting new people. Try to be patient and remember that it won't be long before you'll be the one wrapped up in your own favorite storylines. Talk to people in the ooc thread while you wait for your character to get 'stuck in'.
Have fun! Remember this is a game, and if it isn't fun, you aren't doing it right. :smallsmile:

Note: This is the OOC thread. Not a roleplaying thread. That's what the actual roleplaying threads and SMBG are for. :smallwink:

Nexus Character Directory (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8624672#post8624672)
Nexus Digest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98423)

And while you're here, why not join us on Formspring? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10391725&postcount=380)

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-11, 12:04 AM
Hey all, what've I missed and where am I needed?
Also, my computer's powercord isn't working and beeps when I plug it in so I've probably only got an hour or two, unless I then put this computer up and use the super-mega slow one.

UncleWolf
2011-04-11, 12:11 AM
Anyways, with that explained...*pokes TE to HQ*

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 12:14 AM
....no idea what those are. :smalltongue:

Curse you spellcheck! I meant Eldar Exalted, not Elder Exalted. They're from the best (well, most amusing) campaign I ever ran. It ended with the Scarlet Emperor fighting the PCs along with his starship, the Blade of Ultimate Justice. The Blade part was literal, he cut the nearest sun in half with it and used Perfect Defense to dodge the resulting nova.

The Bushranger
2011-04-11, 12:14 AM
...and that, folks, is why Exalted is awesome. :smalltongue:

Murkus
2011-04-11, 12:25 AM
@TS: Couldn't say. Probably haven't missed a lot.

As for you, TE, that is pretty friggin' awesome. Though if he can dodge a supernova, I'm surprised your PC's could hit him at all.

They... could hit him, right? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 12:31 AM
They managed to hit him a few times, but the nova was their own fault. The Sidereal was abusing the Charm that let you use pretty much anything as an arrow, and had run out of team-mates to use as ammunition.:smalltongue:

Still, it wasn't a complete failure. They managed to stop the Exalted WAAAGH! before getting killed.:smallbiggrin:

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-11, 12:36 AM
Hey, is Rae back?
Because if Phil comes back, he may enlist Rae's help in getting rid of Riv.

Murkus
2011-04-11, 12:38 AM
They managed to hit him a few times, but the nova was their own fault. The Sidereal was abusing the Charm that let you use pretty much anything as an arrow, and had run out of team-mates to use as ammunition.:smalltongue:

Still, it wasn't a complete failure. They managed to stop the Exalted WAAAGH! before getting killed.:smallbiggrin:

Hey, sometimes you can win by dying too. Also, what TS said reminds me: Jack needs to see Riv pretty soon. After he finishes his Wish, after all.

The Bushranger
2011-04-11, 12:39 AM
Hm, that reminds me. I'll have Erin (try to) track down Phil starting tomorrow...

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-11, 12:44 AM
Technically, it's already tomorrow.:smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 12:48 AM
Gotta deadtime. By my count, there are twelve or thirteen living Drones, and eight Abominations left. Pretty good for a field test, and next time they'll have better gear.

UncleWolf
2011-04-11, 01:01 AM
Next time, they'll face people less defensive, and worrying less about collateral damage. :smallbiggrin:

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 01:06 AM
Well.... Tanks! That shoot more tanks! And stuff! And wasn't I deadtimed?

V'icternus
2011-04-11, 01:09 AM
Tanks that shoot tanks are a terror for logistics.

Zefir
2011-04-11, 01:19 AM
Morning guys.

TS Mia asked the Aliens something maybe you missed it or I missed your respond tell me and I quote if the first is true.

Posted HQ for you Zefir, and it looks like we should be able to finish the fight in HQ tonight in a couple more posts each. :smallsmile:

Well I try to anwer soon^^.

Otherwise I go to build church in inside, Yellow Zone does that draw any attention?

UncleWolf
2011-04-11, 11:43 AM
TE? I'm sorry, but if the Champion plot has died, I'm going to pull Fluffy out and the use of his DNA. I know it was already given, but that was under the assumption that the plot would actually finish.

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 12:26 PM
The Champion plot isn't dead. I was just waiting for the HQ battle to finish.

Earl of Purple
2011-04-11, 01:42 PM
I'd be interested in the slaver plot; I have somebody willing to buy should they get through. Admittedly, that would require them to go to Riverside not Inside. Or I could make a character for it, but I can't currently think of a suitable character for it.

Deadtime now for supper.

Lix Lorn
2011-04-11, 02:09 PM
I was meant to be in a slaver plot, but it died... ages ago, that was.

Rae Artemi
2011-04-11, 02:16 PM
Hey, is Rae back?
Because if Phil comes back, he may enlist Rae's help in getting rid of Riv.

Rae arrived back in Nexus yesterday, along with his sister and fiancée. Unfortunately, "getting rid" of Riv is not something he would help with. He still thinks Riv can become a good person.

And he wouldn't work with someone as evil as Phil anyway. :smalltongue:

Morty
2011-04-11, 02:19 PM
Regarding the slaver plot, I was playing one of the surly guards. I'll give it another shot and try to make him more outgoing. Of course, he's pretty low-powered, but we'll see how it goes.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-11, 03:08 PM
Hey all, what've I missed?
And again, computer on the fritz, so I dunno how long I can stay on.

Morty
2011-04-11, 03:53 PM
Now that the party from NO is finally assembling, where is the mice mafia's plot going to take place, TE?

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 03:55 PM
Random Places and Plots thread.

The Bushranger
2011-04-11, 03:57 PM
Hey all, what've I missed?
And again, computer on the fritz, so I dunno how long I can stay on.

Chaos!
Anarchy!
Destruction!
:smalltongue:

iElf
2011-04-11, 04:00 PM
meh...been not reading or posting a few days. can someone please give me a quick rundown on events please?

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-11, 04:00 PM
Chaos!
Anarchy!
Destruction!
:smalltongue:

So...the usual?

The Bushranger
2011-04-11, 04:01 PM
Arson, murder and jaywalking. Yup.

Also, Erin is trying to track down Essence of Phil in HALO.

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 04:03 PM
Essence of Phil: Cologne for the EEEEEVIL Gentleman.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-11, 04:04 PM
Arson, murder and jaywalking. Yup.

Also, Erin is trying to track down Essence of Phil in HALO.

Well, like I said, the signal that goes out when he dies lets her see the last few minutes of his life from his eyes, and if she tracks whatever it is he uses for a 'soul' or 'life force', she'll find it in a drab, sequestered, limbo-like place.
When she does that, I can describe it for you. It's like a separate plane where everything you've ever thought is reflected back at you over and over.

Gullara
2011-04-11, 04:06 PM
meh...been not reading or posting a few days. can someone please give me a quick rundown on events please?

That would be insanely difficult. The main thing worth mentioning is that the Empire (now called the Remnant) has beet back AMEN after it's collapse and is now working on recovering.

Also, if you want to do something with Kirk in GLoG I'd be up for that.

Zefir
2011-04-11, 04:15 PM
I'm going to deadtime
TS I posted in Yellow Zoe talking to the Aliens there.

iElf
2011-04-11, 04:23 PM
That would be insanely difficult. The main thing worth mentioning is that the Empire (now called the Remnant) has beet back AMEN after it's collapse and is now working on recovering.

Also, if you want to do something with Kirk in GLoG I'd be up for that.

sure thing! thanks!:smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2011-04-11, 04:41 PM
Well, like I said, the signal that goes out when he dies lets her see the last few minutes of his life from his eyes, and if she tracks whatever it is he uses for a 'soul' or 'life force', she'll find it in a drab, sequestered, limbo-like place.
When she does that, I can describe it for you. It's like a separate plane where everything you've ever thought is reflected back at you over and over.

Ouch.

And, she's doing that right now. :smalltongue:

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-11, 04:42 PM
Alright then. I'm gonna guess in HALO?

The Bushranger
2011-04-11, 04:43 PM
Ayuppers. The wreched hive of scum and villiany itself!

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-11, 05:25 PM
I have come to the conclusion, after coming up with several of my character's backstories, that I am one ****ed up little nugget.

Halae
2011-04-11, 05:26 PM
I have come to the conclusion, after coming up with several of my character's backstories, that I am one ****ed up little nugget.

I came to that conclusion myself after I realized that every one of my character's backstories involved either betrayal, attempted suicide, or relatives dying in his arms

Murkus
2011-04-11, 05:29 PM
Yeah. Harnel's backstory is super depressing. :smallfrown:

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 05:30 PM
I knew I was insane before I ever started writing backstories for my characters.:smallbiggrin:

Although Riv's backstory is pretty crazy.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-11, 05:33 PM
I came to that conclusion myself after I realized that every one of my character's backstories involved either betrayal, attempted suicide, or relatives dying in his arms

See, my characters tend to start out normal.
Then their lives get progressively ****tier.
Keith's homeworld got asploded by space elves.
Garrett's sister was horribly killed in front of him, and then his father magically beat the memories out of him.
And Phil was a kid from a horribly warlike race sent to be raised by some pacifistic humans as a social experiment. And well...read HALO to get a partial idea of what that was like.

The Bushranger
2011-04-11, 05:34 PM
I've noticed that almost all my characters who don't have PC parents tend to have had something horrible happened to their parents in their backstory...

Halae
2011-04-11, 05:40 PM
So... the Nexus is full to the brim with angst and sadness? And yet it seems like such a happy place

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-11, 05:40 PM
Yeah. Harnel's backstory is super depressing. :smallfrown:

I can't find anything on that...

Also, Oregon's extended background is horribly depressing, and while Boy's isn't all that bad from his view point as he was a baby at the time, it involves a large boat full of people dying.

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 05:42 PM
That's why I don't mention my character's parents. I know they would die terrible, painful deaths if they did.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-11, 05:43 PM
I wanted to make a family of characters but the self-roleplay involved and the fact healthy happy families don't last long in the Nexus discouraged me.

Oh, and Davitte doesn't know his family is dead. Including his children.

Lix Lorn
2011-04-11, 05:46 PM
Emily's main backstory actually... has no definition at all. Crud. Plothole.

The Bushranger
2011-04-11, 05:47 PM
Backgrounds, I've found, are best painted with broad strokes, to be filled in later IC as details demand.

Just as long as they're consistent. :smalltongue:

Halae
2011-04-11, 05:50 PM
I can't find anything on that...

Also, Oregon's extended background is horribly depressing, and while Boy's isn't all that bad from his view point as he was a baby at the time, it involves a large boat full of people dying.

I didn't type it out and add it to my character profile because it's close to the length of about seventeen word documents, which is just TOO MUCH

You can find the post where I brought the bad part to light though, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10752720#post10752720)

Earl of Purple
2011-04-11, 05:59 PM
I leave backstories empty and gradually fill them in. I always make sure I take notes, though, when it's revealed. Up until that point it's mutable. Terrowin's homeworld was destroyed by Calublufiok and Terrowin survived through chance; before then, his village was wiped out by 'paladins' and Terrowin survived through chance and a handy hermit that the paladins were looking for. Azurelle was training to be a paladin but her father died during a holiday so the paladin order didn't pay her mother his pension so she could either feed herself or pay for her daughter's education; she chose to educate her daughter and eventually died of malnutrition. Azurelle was expelled because she couldn't pay the fees. Elizebethele's mother was captured by Drow when she was pregnant; Elizebethele only survived as she was a temple slave so only the priestesses could torture her (and she generally kept out of their way). Defelent's parents were normal humans, until his dad was possessed by Dam'Bul and Defelent was conceived a tiefling; his mother fled to the Nexus to escape persecution after his dad went evil due to Dam'Bul's influence. Nephrim sang non-stop for 1,000 years, read a propagandist leaflet against the Gods of Good during her one day off a year after 500 years and instantly pledged herself to it, finally revealing her allegience for the big, final battle when she was 1,000. Her side lost, she was banished to the Abyss where she was greeted with suspicion and tortured for 200 years. Eventually breaking free, she pledged fealty to Pazuzu and has served him faithfully in the 3,800 years since. Although she's sneakily plotting Pazuzu's downfall.

Rae Artemi
2011-04-11, 06:40 PM
BR, I appear to have ninja editted you in GLoG with Rae introducing Quinn and Blue. Or possibly not, but possibly yes.

The Bushranger
2011-04-11, 06:44 PM
I saw, fixed. I think. :smallredface::smallsmile:

Blue Ghost
2011-04-11, 06:46 PM
Um... hi. I'm still new here. :smallredface:

Halae
2011-04-11, 06:47 PM
BLUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEE!

*Glomp*

Welcome!

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 06:53 PM
Um... hi. I'm still new here. :smallredface:

Well, it's traditional for new characters to attempt to destroy AMEN and the Empire, in that order. Here, take this nuke, and good luck!:smalltongue:

Halae
2011-04-11, 06:55 PM
of course, most people just bypass the formalities :smalltongue:

Earl of Purple
2011-04-11, 07:11 PM
Has Rot had a brain transplant, or has he always had this capacity for intelligent torture?

Plus there was the time he stabbed henchmen and tried to get that alien frisbee to associate that with the word 'hello', so he's really got smarter recently.

Gullara
2011-04-11, 07:18 PM
Deadtime for supper. Be back soon.

Halae
2011-04-11, 07:31 PM
*Shudder*

oh man, the thought of losing my teeth like that just... MAN

Why would you make such a character TE? :smallmad:

Murkus
2011-04-11, 07:36 PM
Yeah. Poor Fettina.

Well, I suppose she had that coming, given how she stole from Kirk. :smallbiggrin:

And... now she's gonna be broke. Again. Gotta fix those teef, after all.

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 07:39 PM
Because, I've played mass-murdering mages, amazingly arrogant ********, and destructive degenerate doctors. I wanted to play a weaker, more petty type of villian. I thought a sadistic ex-tooth fairy who steals people's teeth fit the bill.:smallbiggrin:

Halae
2011-04-11, 08:34 PM
Hold on a moment, couldn't Magtok's half-mechanical brain eventually override the compulsion effect of being a vampire spawn? :smallconfused:

Gullara
2011-04-11, 08:39 PM
Hold on a moment, couldn't Magtok's half-mechanical brain eventually override the compulsion effect of being a vampire spawn? :smallconfused:

It might be possible, but three words, Harnel. Rule of funny.

Halae
2011-04-11, 08:40 PM
It might be possible, but three words, Harnel. Rule of funny.

It's why I said eventually. We can wear the joke out first :smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 08:47 PM
I just had possibly the worst idea in the history of mankind.

There is an Object that also happens to be a tooth, so.... What happens if you try to turn it into pixie dust?:smallamused:

I need a link to the Holders sight, someone willing to run the trial for the Object, and a Deus Ex Machina!:smalltongue:

happyturtle
2011-04-11, 08:49 PM
Ghar has dropped his Slaver Plawt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10750964#post10750964) character, and Murkus has added his. Anyone who wants to be a guard, go ahead and post and interact.

Gullara
2011-04-11, 08:50 PM
It's why I said eventually. We can wear the joke out first :smalltongue:

Don't forget Mags has lots of clones. Theoretically, this one could be tortured forever without impeding Mags at all. :smalltongue:

I just had possibly the worst idea in the history of mankind.

There is an Object that also happens to be a tooth, so.... What happens if you try to turn it into pixie dust?:smallamused:

It gets destroyed and goes back to its Holder. We've already dealt with a similar situation.

Earl of Purple
2011-04-11, 08:58 PM
Yes, Nephrim's Objects didn't resist the Warlock's Wheel so when she comes back after regenerating she'll have to find them again. They're free until Thursday, if anybody wishes to snap up Fear and Tyranny.

Also, Deadtime because it's far too late for me to be awake, even if I am.

Halae
2011-04-11, 09:06 PM
which numbers are those two?

Gullara
2011-04-11, 09:07 PM
which numbers are those two?

*points at Object list in sig link* Don't be lazy and look yourself.:smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 09:11 PM
Wait, are the Objects just lying around on the battlefield?

Gullara
2011-04-11, 09:20 PM
Wait, are the Objects just lying around on the battlefield?

They went back to their Holders. So no.

Murkus
2011-04-11, 09:23 PM
*points at Object list in sig link* Don't be lazy and look yourself.:smalltongue:

Speaking of that sig link, would you erase Jack's Objects from the list? He doesn't have any anymore.

happyturtle
2011-04-11, 10:26 PM
I have this vague memory of someone complaining that tektek didn't have a fez. I ran across a fez today, though it isn't called a fez, so the search wouldn't have found it. But of course I don't remember who wanted it.

So anyway, if whoever it was is reading this, it's called "The Case of Pietro (Doctor's Cap)".

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1249/tek25a2917.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/42957389)

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-11, 10:53 PM
I just had an idea. Everyone knows that people with beards (especially goatees) are evil. Therefor, there needs to be an organization of warrior-barbers dedicated to rescuing people from the corrupting influence of facial hair!

Halae
2011-04-11, 10:54 PM
That's so crazy that it just might work!

Chaotic Bob
2011-04-11, 10:58 PM
I resent the implication that anyone with a beard is evil.

*presents dwarves*

Darklord Bright
2011-04-12, 12:23 AM
Hyozo, if you're out there, sorry I've been kinda absent lately. We can continue the robot plotline whenever.

Hyozo
2011-04-12, 12:30 AM
No Problem DLB. Real life happens. I think this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10731125&postcount=672) was the last post in the robot plotline, so we can continue from there.

Zefir
2011-04-12, 01:01 AM
Morning Guys what's up?

The Bushranger
2011-04-12, 01:13 AM
Hm. I just realised, OOC has been lolcat free for far too long.

This must be fixed.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_USC-UWiw_Bk/TD8gVBfBKWI/AAAAAAAAFJ0/kQ764QwZEvQ/s1600/lol-cat-pigeons-star-wars.jpg

Murkus
2011-04-12, 01:46 AM
@BR: Heh.

Also, couple things. I'm making a silly serpent-bird-person character inspired by a certain Aztec god. If anyone has a role for an adventurer/superpharmacist, well, I might be your man.

Second, *pokes GhaRPG to GLoG*

iElf
2011-04-12, 09:16 AM
any one around to just quickly drop someone in trogs or black dragons den?

Zefir
2011-04-12, 09:18 AM
What kind of person do you need? :smallbiggrin:
A psycho bomber
A shadow guy
Andy
Or A priestress.

Choose one^^

iElf
2011-04-12, 09:31 AM
umm...I'll go with the priestess, thank you

Morty
2011-04-12, 09:50 AM

Pfft. Messed up backstories are dime a dozen here. :smalltongue:

Zefir
2011-04-12, 09:54 AM
Well if I go through mine only Andy lost someone. Fade is banned cause of his abilitys and Zefir is here by accident.

Ashen Lilies
2011-04-12, 09:57 AM
I used to give my characters angsty backstories, but then I stopped because I absolutely hate roleplaying teh angsts. HATE.

Morty
2011-04-12, 10:12 AM
Come to think of it, only Wenomir has an angsty backstory out of my characters. Oh, well. They're still common.

Gullara
2011-04-12, 01:10 PM
Out of my characters, it's actually Kirk who has the angstiest backstory. Go figure.

Also *pokes iElf to GLoG*

The Bushranger
2011-04-12, 01:19 PM
I used to give my characters angsty backstories, but then I stopped because I absolutely hate roleplaying teh angsts. HATE.

My characters tend torwards angst-y backstories, but They Got Better. Because playing angst is something I have a lot of trouble doing.

...oddly, it's Dani, of all people, who probably has the most tragic/angsty/disturbing backstory of them all. <_<

Murkus
2011-04-12, 01:22 PM
The only character of mine with an angsty backstory is Dr. Rein. And he's doing pretty alright now.

I suppose you could say Bellan's backstory's sorta sad. Of course, it's more angry than angsty, and he brought a lot of stuff on himself.

iElf
2011-04-12, 01:39 PM
Out of my characters, it's actually Kirk who has the angstiest backstory. Go figure.

Also *pokes iElf to GLoG*

done!^^

also pokes reinholdt to black dragon's den

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 01:49 PM
I'm back, but my power cord's broken so I only have an hour or two. What's going on?

Mina Kobold
2011-04-12, 01:57 PM
I'm back, but my power cord's broken so I only have an hour or two. What's going on?

Well, I don't think the Wolfhounds have updated since my last post so...

"Pokes with hot poker of pokerfacedness"

On another note, I don't think I have that many angsty characters. Plenty of death in several of my characters' backstories but that's to be expected when those characters are older than several countries. :smalltongue:

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 02:06 PM
Is BR on? Because I'd like to finish the thing going on in HALO before I run out of power, so I'll turn off my computer and get back on later if he isn't.

The Bushranger
2011-04-12, 02:08 PM
On, present, and posted. :smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 02:29 PM
*Pokes BR to Inside*

iElf
2011-04-12, 02:39 PM
*pokes everyone everywhere!*

:smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 02:41 PM
*Pokes iElf into non-existence*

Halae
2011-04-12, 02:42 PM
Is there something going on in Inside that my Titular character can take part in? I know what I'm going to do with him if not, but he's in Inside to help with the chaos and such

happyturtle
2011-04-12, 02:43 PM
I think there are still aliens. Unless TS has finished with them?

UncleWolf
TS, the drone moving closer after trying to be shooed off means it's going to be shot. >.>

ThirdEmperor
Well, Nero is searching for a new victim, now that he's realized that Fettina's teeth are fake and no good for pixie dust..... :smallamused:

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 02:44 PM
I think there are still aliens. Unless TS has finished with them?

I'm slowing down on the aliens until I can get a new computer cord. Maybe later tonight I'll borrow my boat-mate's desktop.

happyturtle
2011-04-12, 02:45 PM
TS, the drone moving closer after trying to be shooed off means it's going to be shot. >.>

TS, you missed this.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 02:49 PM

But it's waving a white flag and playing a peace message! :O
Also, deadtime soon.

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 02:50 PM
Fun fact: You can hide a rather powerful bomb inside a white flag. :smallbiggrin:

iElf
2011-04-12, 02:51 PM
Fun fact: You can hide a rather powerful bomb inside a white flag. :smallbiggrin:

no you can't. not really . not much more powerful than a small grenade

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 02:52 PM
no you can't. not really . not much more powerful than a small grenade

Actually, modern militaries have developed an explosive cloth that makes it possible for a hand grenade to be disguised as a sock.

...Not helping my case, am I?

Halae
2011-04-12, 02:52 PM
Well, Nero is searching for a new victim, now that he's realized that Fettina's teeth are fake and no good for pixie dust..... :smallamused:Geez, if normal human teeth give such crazy magical effects when turned into pixie dust, how would it feel to take Half-dragon dust? :smalltongue:

Ah, but how would they meet, anyway? Harnel is kind of marching towards inside as we speak, intent on doing what he can for the chaos

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 02:53 PM
^ Nero's planning to pretend to be injured, then attack the first idiot to try and help him.

Actually, modern militaries have developed an explosive cloth that makes it possible for a hand grenade to be disguised as a sock.

...Not helping my case, am I?

Exactly. With enough SCIENCE!, and maybe a little magic, you can weaponize any flag.

UncleWolf
2011-04-12, 02:56 PM
Even so, it came closer after people tried to get it to back off. So, unless you decide to back it off, it's getting shot at least a dozen times.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 02:57 PM
So...thank god for high velocity shields and deadtime ooze?

Halae
2011-04-12, 03:02 PM
^ Nero's planning to pretend to be injured, then attack the first idiot to try and help him.

Post in Inside then, and Harnel will find him there. I warn you though - Harnel is a career soldier, on top of being Half-Dragon. he could mess Nero up pretty badly

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 03:04 PM
Is he magic resistant? Cause if he's not, Nero can probably handle one half-dragon. Maybe.

iElf
2011-04-12, 03:06 PM
pokes Gulaghar to GLoG!

...3 simultaneous Din's...

http://images.wikia.com/tardis/images/2/28/11-Doctor-Fez.jpg
"Cheep and nasty time travel. very bad for you. I'm trying to give up":smalltongue:

Halae
2011-04-12, 03:06 PM
Yup, he's magic resistant :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2011-04-12, 03:13 PM
pokes Gulaghar to GLoG!

...3 simultaneous Din's...

http://images.wikia.com/tardis/images/2/28/11-Doctor-Fez.jpg
"Cheep and nasty time travel. very bad for you. I'm trying to give up":smalltongue:

Only three? :smalltongue:

Zefir
2011-04-12, 03:15 PM
Br think you missed Andys post 2 pages ago^^

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 03:15 PM
Yup, he's magic resistant :smalltongue:

Oh dear..... Nero's going to have to use his collection of nukes.:smallamused:

happyturtle
2011-04-12, 03:18 PM
An overpowered TE character. Did anyone see that coming? :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2011-04-12, 03:19 PM
Nukes? Seriously? :smallsigh:

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 03:21 PM
Nope. Not seriously at all. :smalltongue:

Although I have been wanting to play a character who's utterly overpowered, his ability being to miraculously discover new abilities he's had all along but didn't know about.... Which doesn't stop him from being completely incompetent anyway. :smalltongue:

Halae
2011-04-12, 03:30 PM
I have a character like that. currently He only has psionic powers, but there's a good reason why he'll be capable of using magic from every different universe I've ever heard of. Also, it'll drive him cooky over time, so I'm wondering how he'll respond to all that

That said, I'm not going to make the first post about the Nero - Harnel interaction here, as I'd like you to decide where exactly this is going to happen

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 03:36 PM
Waiting for BR to post. *Pokes BR*

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 05:04 PM
Hey! It's okay! I'm back, and not on fire!

Halae
2011-04-12, 05:06 PM

.. yet :smallamused:

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 05:07 PM

Rot said that once. Guess what happened next. :smallamused:

Rae Artemi
2011-04-12, 05:08 PM
Rot said that once. Guess what happened next. :smallamused:

He lit someone on fire? Or was this before he became all red mist competent?

Earl of Purple
2011-04-12, 05:11 PM
If somebody would like to try and take down one, or possibly even all, of the biplanes terrorising Inside by strafing everything they see moving, feel free. I'm sure the Remnants would be most appreciative, too.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 05:11 PM
Oh and by the way, Riv may want to be careful.
Phil doesn't appreciate being killed and turned into a human and having his robot die forever.
And once he figures out Mortal Coil was behind it...Well I dunno. He probably respects them too much to kill any of them. I mean, normal people who fight ghosts and vampires and even exalted?
That's badass on a Tuatha De Danann level.

EDIT: Also, there's a family trying to get into an emergency bunker, and if someone doesn't do something soon, the bugs are gonna make their push, and the armored aliens their second wave.
The green and volcanic aliens are contemplating calling in reinforcements, though it's against the code of conduct when fighting on a planet with natives who don't have mass-produced FTL travel yet.

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 05:14 PM
Riv is currently in a village surrounded on all sides by horrible mutated creatures, creating a platoon of mutant sorcerers. If Phil can even find him, he's going to have a hard time killing him.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 05:23 PM
Phil knows the weakness of Riv's every armor and weapon, and still has small army of robots, and more than enough equipment to pass out to 100-200 people and the capability to make more.
Also, he's nucking futs.

iElf
2011-04-12, 05:25 PM
*pokes Gulaghar to GLoG*

not sure if I should have Din win or lose the fight in the den...

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 05:26 PM
Yep, I know that. And I'd still bet Riv would win. Why? Because he can run faster. :smallbiggrin:

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 05:27 PM
As Heavy Weapons Guy says, "I have yet to see someone outsmart a bullet."
And I bet they're even harder to outrun. :smallamused:

Earl of Purple
2011-04-12, 05:29 PM
Which bunker is it? If it's Red Zone Emergency Bunker or Null Zone Emergency Bunker, I have characters to help. Which zone are the bugs in?

UncleWolf
2011-04-12, 05:31 PM
EDIT: Also, there's a family trying to get into an emergency bunker, and if someone doesn't do something soon, the bugs are gonna make their push, and the armored aliens their second wave.
The green and volcanic aliens are contemplating calling in reinforcements, though it's against the code of conduct when fighting on a planet with natives who don't have mass-produced FTL travel yet.

TS, is this a DOOM plot or what? Because, it seems like even though I wiped out the Yellows once already, it doesn't bother anything, and by now, the Greens' 24 hours are likely going to be up soon. And, honestly, right now it seems like there's going to be either endless amounts of bugs, aliens, or both no matter what.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 05:35 PM
It's a null zone bunker.
And the bugs are primarily massing in the yellow zone, but in the blue zone there's a swarm of some of the flying breeds trying to eat whatever they see.

Well, nobody's gone and attacked their ships or jungles yet!

Halae
2011-04-12, 05:52 PM
*pokes TE to inside*

UncleWolf
2011-04-12, 06:02 PM
And how many aliens and bugs are left/about to be called in? Because, to be honest, it's starting to feel a bit ridiculous. Especially since as far as I know, no one knows about the ships or jungles unless they're Inside. If they are, no one has told Remnant that.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 06:06 PM
What do you think the blue drone is there for?
Also, the aliens could send in a LOT more, but the volcanic ones need to farm stuff from the area around them to stay alive, and the blue and green ones are keeping any more bugs or armored aliens from reaching the city.
And aside from blowing up a gate, which was a Pyrrhic victory, especially seeing as how the gate's been rebuilt, what have the aliens done that's DOOM-y?

UncleWolf
2011-04-12, 06:07 PM
It's a massive invasion force? With apparently no real end? And that they're fighting a race of bugs, that as far as I can tell, number in the multiple thousands? :smallconfused:

The entire Plot smells a bit DOOM-y to me.

happyturtle
2011-04-12, 06:08 PM
I think Wolfy is mostly looking for some assurance that you have an ending in mind for the plawt other than 'Remnant fights bugs forever'.

@^: *shakes fist at ninjawolf* :smalltongue:

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 06:09 PM
There's an end in mind, it's just taking horribly long to get to it, for reasons beyond my control.:smallfrown:

If you want doom, I can make it REAL doom-y.:smallamused:

Artemis97
2011-04-12, 06:18 PM
TS, you're running the plot. You have ALL of the control. If the plot's dragging, move it foreward.

UncleWolf
2011-04-12, 06:28 PM
The Greens and Blues were already given permission to do what they needed to within reason. Have they even acted on that?

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 06:36 PM
*pokes TE to inside*

Sorry for disappearing, my internet stopped working for some reason.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 06:37 PM
The Greens and Blues were already given permission to do what they needed to within reason. Have they even acted on that?

the greens have acted as much as they can, and the blues were just suddenly left alone and the guy said 'whatever, just don't kill people', so they've been eliminating the swarm.

Gate

"We're savages, and we LOVE it!!" Carol shouts back with a laugh, apparently able to hear it.

Exactly what I would have said. Humans, **** YEAH!

Earl of Purple
2011-04-12, 07:07 PM
Good night everybody; I now deadtime to sleep.

Ashen Lilies
2011-04-12, 07:30 PM
[Entrance]

"O-kay, Harnel. Cessie, did you wanna come with me and Sakura?" Adir can understand wanting to be alone sometimes, despite rarely desiring it himself. "Yeah. I've got the perfect thing. Intimidating, quick, and it can't kill anybody."

The stag, unless stopped, runs off to grab gear for the both of them. And returns with... well would you look at that, a beanbag shotgun with a large cylinder. :smalltongue:

Actually, there was this one episode of Bones... :smalltongue:

ApeofLight
2011-04-12, 07:34 PM
Te, I posted at you in Trog's.

Murkus
2011-04-12, 07:47 PM
Yo silly TV scenarios.

Also, TE, get to AMEN when you can.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-04-12, 07:54 PM
Hey, Wolfsbane, when Bugs healed Zel, would he have taken the stone in her chest out?

Yeah, yeah, I know, little late on checking that thread. My bad.

Halae
2011-04-12, 07:59 PM
Sorry for disappearing, my internet stopped working for some reason.

no problem. I actually had to deadtime as well. just post in Inside when you *looks at above posters* when you're not so swamped :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2011-04-12, 08:01 PM
Hey, Wolfsbane, when Bugs healed Zel, would he have taken the stone in her chest out?

Yeah, yeah, I know, little late on checking that thread. My bad.

No. He'd have only taken out or treated new conditions.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-12, 08:02 PM
I'm back, and posting in HALO...
LIKE A BOSS.

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 08:04 PM
I'm back, and posting in HALO...
LIKE A BOSS.

*Kills Boss, levels up*

KerfuffleMach2
2011-04-12, 08:04 PM
No. He'd have only taken out or treated new conditions.

Alright. Just wondering, cause with the magic cut out, it's just a normal stone stuck to her. Which is bad, biologically speaking.

Now, with the magic back, it's back to being the demon-stone thingy.

Also, deadtime. Chance of me not being back on tonight, as I got Tron Legacy today, and I'm probably gonna watch that when I get home.

Halae
2011-04-12, 10:56 PM
[Red Zone - Park]

Harnel falls into the pit, dragged down by the vines around his lower body. As they start wrapping around his neck and arms however, he pulls his trump card.

For a moment he is completely still as he draws in his will and focus. He moves a huge amount of his energy into breaking free, and with a single massive roar, he'll burst every vine around him. If successful (And this is the kind of maneuver that should be), he'll make a single massive leap out of the pit, soaring out of it to land well back onto the ground outside it, away from the pit, if not the vines. and the best part is he didn't even lose his weapon this time. If he makes it out he'll still be listening to air currents to locate Nero.

IRON
HEART
SUUUUUUUUUUUUURGE!ttttttttttttt

Chaotic Bob
2011-04-12, 10:57 PM
I think the various people in Inside should recognize that there's crazy hail everywhere.
*nods*

Murkus
2011-04-12, 10:59 PM
I have an urge to whip out a combat character and fight someone or something in the pouring hail amidst half-destroyed buildings.

We oughta specify weather conditions more often.

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-12, 10:59 PM
I use Iron Heart Surge to negate your ability to Iron Heart Surge. Also, how does roaring destroy the vines?

celtois
2011-04-12, 11:00 PM
Hey guys, just posting to let you know this week is SUPER crazy so I won't be posting at all for at least this week. After which normal posting shall resume.

Cheers
-C

Halae
2011-04-12, 11:07 PM
I use Iron Heart Surge to negate your ability to Iron Heart Surge. Also, how does roaring destroy the vines?

As far as it goes, Harnel just drew it all his energy and let it out in a single burst. He's essentially a ki user, and that would have forced the vines wider, making them loose. so... I guess they'll just be loose enough for him to leave, but the effect is pretty clear - this is how he's going to escape. keep in mind though, He can only do this once and it fatigues his already battered form. Doesn't stop him from being a guy that can bench press a ton and a half, though, so would you prefer he just tears free of the vines?

Zefir
2011-04-13, 01:24 AM
Gulaghar Andy isn't talking about Rose he is still a bit in the past talking about the vampire who is member of Glog. It's just a missunderstanding, because I wasn't up to date at the time i wrote my post.

The Bushranger
2011-04-13, 01:51 AM
Psst, Ilpholin, you forgot Becky liked Jack the Quipper. :smalltongue:

Murkus
2011-04-13, 01:52 AM
Becky oughta just tell him herself.

But then he'll start making the god-awful quips again. :smallyuk::smalltongue:

Zefir
2011-04-13, 02:00 AM
BR did quinn answer to Andy? I think she does but Andy got missunderstand cause he is talking about the vampire they talked befor.

The Bushranger
2011-04-13, 02:03 AM
She did - Olivia is the vampire Andy's asking about. :smallsmile:

billtodamax
2011-04-13, 06:09 AM
Someone heeeeelp meeeeeee. Where do I need to poooooooooost?

Shadowcaller
2011-04-13, 06:10 AM
You need to post outside!

iElf
2011-04-13, 09:25 AM
I posted in the black dragons den incase you're still here morty

Reinholdt
2011-04-13, 11:47 AM
Psst, Ilpholin, you forgot Becky liked Jack the Quipper. :smalltongue:

How would Ilpholin know who Becky likes? :smalltongue:

iElf
2011-04-13, 12:19 PM
*gulaghar poked to GLoG!*

alos, would anyone mind interacting with Din in the black dragon den please?

The Bushranger
2011-04-13, 01:01 PM
*ahem* iElf? The rakish young gentleman probably won't appreciate being called 'she'. :smalltongue:

...also, fair warning, the majority of my characters do not participate in doomplots. Hail and meteors will be cheerfully ignored.

Except by Brendan. Where did we leave him again?

iElf
2011-04-13, 01:04 PM
*ahem* iElf? The rakish young gentleman probably won't appreciate being called 'she'. :smalltongue:

...also, fair warning, the majority of my characters do not participate in doomplots. Hail and meteors will be cheerfully ignored.

Except by Brendan. Where did we leave him again?

ooops...sorry. typo there.

lord pringle
2011-04-13, 02:23 PM
Sorry my internet exploded. Have I missed anything/Am I needed anywhere?

Morty
2011-04-13, 03:49 PM
Alright, since NO getting there is a formality at this point, shall we get the goods retrieval plot, TE?

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-13, 04:05 PM
Sure, I'll post in Random Plots.

Halae
2011-04-13, 04:38 PM
*Pokes TE to Inside*

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-13, 05:16 PM
*Pokes Harnel to Inside*

Halae
2011-04-13, 05:25 PM
Hey now, I waited an hour before poking you

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-13, 05:29 PM
Yeah, sorry for taking so long to post.

*Pokes Harnel anyway*:smalltongue:

Halae
2011-04-13, 06:16 PM
Red Zone-Park

The cat like thing enters the light a bit more, into the pit, and white letters show on her sides, spelling out her name. Stheno looks over the scene and gives a deep growl before she opens her mouth, showing hundreds of needle like teeth before unleashing a gout of powerful flame, targeting both the vines and Harnel.

Holy crap, it's Stheno?! Since when did she upgrade from ultrabike to dragon-cat-woman-thing?

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-13, 06:17 PM
I don't really care what it is, Nero is running like hell! :smalleek:

UncleWolf
2011-04-13, 06:20 PM
I'd been posting that she's been slowly changing(Same with the other two Gorgons, and the three Sirens), but the Wheel finally finished that for the most part. It's like cutting off caffeine for a month, then finally drinking a triple espresso. It kickstarted her again.

Halae
2011-04-13, 06:58 PM
Wolfbane, when I saw you had posted, I edited my post so that I wouldn't double post. Just letting you know in case you missed it

Earl of Purple
2011-04-13, 07:29 PM
I have to Deadtime now by parental decree, so goodnight. I'll type tomorrow.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-04-13, 09:25 PM
Argh...gotta deadtime early tonight. Sorry, guys.

Beans
2011-04-13, 09:37 PM
Okay, guys, I'm gonna be gone most if not aaaaaaaaaallllll of Friday; 2 college visits Friday, staying in a hotel, another visit Saturday, getting home that night.

For Friday, my being on depends on whether or not I can is does has Wi-Fi.

Fortunately, my Spring Break begins Monday, so once I get home Saturday I can probably AWAKE FOREVER unless I'm really tired.

Halae
2011-04-13, 11:01 PM
*pokes Wolfbane to Inside*

Murkus
2011-04-13, 11:27 PM
*pokes TE to Inside*

Also, Ghar, if you feel like having Kirk talk with Fettina in GLoG, she's currently down playing her piano by the lake.

Gullara
2011-04-13, 11:29 PM
Yeah, sure. Might as well. Post there soon enough.

UncleWolf
2011-04-13, 11:54 PM
Before you poke me again, Harnel, I'm writing an Inside post, just trying to remember the descriptions I had for the Sirens.

Halae
2011-04-13, 11:55 PM
I know you have a love of long posts. No worries, I wasn't going to poke you this time - I assumed you got the message last time :smalltongue:

Zefir
2011-04-14, 01:14 AM
Morning guys. Seems like I can't do some post today cause of a meeting that goes 8 hours.... Hope I don't stop anything.

Zefir
2011-04-14, 01:34 AM
And here I deadtime for the meeting.

BladeofOblivion
2011-04-14, 01:52 AM
I don't really care what it is, Nero is running like hell! :smalleek:

Okay, I actually laughed at this. :smalltongue:

horngeek
2011-04-14, 07:09 AM
Wolfy, would Vasquez expect Idari to go to the remaining orgs, given she's sent messages for them to come over?

...I don't really want to RP something that's sort of redundant...

UncleWolf
2011-04-14, 07:53 AM
No, I suppose not. Sorry for that. She's earned Vasquez's trust at least, and that's probably the most important part for now.

happyturtle
2011-04-14, 10:57 AM
I'm (happily) exhausted after a day off with Mr HT, so I may not be on again tonight. Or I might. I never know how long my crashes will last. But a crash is definitely happening, right about....

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/lolcats/funny-pictures-cat-will-nap-here.jpg

.... http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/Emoticons/g4375.png

Gullara
2011-04-14, 11:03 AM
My time on today will probably be limited. I have to write a final today and study for another final tomorrow. So if I'm not on or I'm posting really slow, you know why. Whoo, tests are so fun. /sarcasm

Mina Kobold
2011-04-14, 11:14 AM
I'll probably be here all day, considering I have gotten rid of as much of that pesky 'life' thing as possible. :smalltongue:

I may be infrequent and odd however, as I've spend half the day doing two things:

One) Gravity kitty!
http://cheezdailysquee.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/a39df4f4-a000-418a-99e0-a9ae0c254ea9.jpg

and two) Squeeeeeeeeeeee! Ponies!
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/my-little-ponies_4520.jpg

So I may or may not spout nonsensical (well, more nonsensical) blabberydooing and possibly squee every five minutes despite the high probability of that wrecking my throat. X3

ThePhantom
2011-04-14, 12:30 PM
Sigh, why do I let myself get talked into things that never help my characters?

The Bushranger
2011-04-14, 12:50 PM
Because...

Torturing Our Characters Is Fun.
[/NexusMantra]

*goes to hide behind fourth wall from his characters, who are currently gathering oil and pitchforks*

lord pringle
2011-04-14, 01:03 PM
*Joins BR* They hate me for their tortured lives!

iElf
2011-04-14, 01:23 PM
*joins BR too*

...Din must REALLY hate me...

Lix Lorn
2011-04-14, 01:43 PM
Most of my characters forgive me, because after I'm done torturing them, I let them be happy!

Artemis97
2011-04-14, 02:14 PM
*Glares down at characters from a blackened throne built from the tortured souls of characters past*

Your lives are mine! Your very existance determined by my whim, created soley for my amusement! Look upon me and despair!

*devilish cackle*

ThirdEmperor
2011-04-14, 02:18 PM
I don't think any of my characters would need a reason to kill me......

Murkus
2011-04-14, 02:22 PM
I have largely happy characters. No problems here. :smallbiggrin:

Also, *pokes TE to Home*

Gullara
2011-04-14, 02:26 PM
I'm always kind to my characters. *hugs characters* See? I would never do anything to hurt them.

Oh, look at that. It's a bus coming down the road. *kicks characters into the street*

Bwah hahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

*cough*

Mina Kobold
2011-04-14, 02:43 PM
I'm nice to my characters! Except Lucy but she'll be alright once she's been consumed by darkness!

And AM4, who really need to do something before she rusts.

Oh well, tomorrow's another day!

UncleWolf
2011-04-14, 03:08 PM
Sigh, why do I let myself get talked into things that never help my characters?

Frankly, the offer Vasquez is giving him can turn extremely profitable for him and AMEN if he plays his cards right with the others. Gordon is getting a chance to run Inside, like he wanted, just not how he wanted it. :smalltongue:

Chaotic Bob
2011-04-14, 03:21 PM
Frankly, the offer Vasquez is giving him can turn extremely profitable for him and AMEN if he plays his cards right with the others. Gordon is getting a chance to run Inside, like he wanted, just not how he wanted it. :smalltongue:

You know, as opposed to being casually stabbed while he was unconscious. :smallwink:

UncleWolf
2011-04-14, 03:27 PM
She should just shoot him until there's nothing left, but she figures it'd be funner to go all Wishmaster on him and see his dream get twisted to a way he doesn't want it. :smalltongue:

Earl of Purple
2011-04-14, 04:29 PM
I may suddenly deadtime; my powercable's not been properly replaced, and the one I am using in the interim is slightly dodgy. I'm not using it now because I had to plug it back in which it really doesn't like and it's easier to use a laptop with a dull screen than a laptop with a screen flickering irratically between dull and bright. Therefore, I only have until my battery runs out which probably won't take very long.

Murkus
2011-04-14, 05:35 PM
Sorry folks, deadtime again. Might be back in a half hour or so, might be back in a while.

Morty
2011-04-14, 05:37 PM
Well, when you get back, I posted for you in the slave caravan plot in hope of moving it forward a little bit. Of course, by the time you get back I'll probably be asleep.

ThePhantom
2011-04-14, 06:13 PM

However, I know I couldn't play those cards right. I am not setting myself up for something that I know in can only end in painful failure.

happyturtle
2011-04-14, 06:22 PM
So... you'd rather they just execute Gordon? Or imprison him? :smallconfused:

ThePhantom
2011-04-14, 06:25 PM
So... you'd rather they just execute Gordon? Or imprison him? :smallconfused:

happy, there are no good solutions for me, cause I let him get caught cause my brain was tired and disacted at the time.

Halae
2011-04-14, 06:27 PM
This one's easy. Ally yourself with someone who wants more power. Do this with every one you find, and make agreements to work together to gain control. eventually, you can attempt to pull a coup. The drow are a good example of an ally you can probably persuade to help

ThePhantom
2011-04-14, 06:31 PM
That might work, except he is going to have KNAVES wiped off the face of the map as soon as he can. And the remmants are going object to that.

happyturtle
2011-04-14, 06:33 PM
Then... they object? :smallconfused:

Since when has Gordon cared about having the government pissed off at him?

ThePhantom
2011-04-14, 06:34 PM
Oh, your'e right. Thanks for the change in viewpoint.

Chaotic Bob
2011-04-14, 06:56 PM
Conflict makes life so much better.

happyturtle
2011-04-14, 07:33 PM
I think you mean it makes fiction so much better. :smalltongue:

Chaotic Bob
2011-04-14, 07:36 PM
>.>
Definitely. That is most certainly what I was implying with that previous statement.

*puts away notes on social conflict*

The Bushranger
2011-04-14, 07:36 PM
Is there a difference? :smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2011-04-14, 07:37 PM
Hey, BR. Remnant thread? Maybe?

*poke*

The Bushranger
2011-04-14, 07:50 PM
Eeep!

*scarpers*

BladeofOblivion
2011-04-14, 07:52 PM
What do you guys poke each other with anyway, to produce such a reaction? A Spear? :smallconfused:

The Bushranger
2011-04-14, 07:53 PM
No, what's used is a +5 Poking Poker of Poking. *nod*

KerfuffleMach2
2011-04-14, 07:59 PM
No, what's used is a +5 Poking Poker of Poking. *nod*

...?

I use a stick.

The Bushranger
2011-04-14, 08:02 PM
It's a poker (http://www.morrellmetalsmiths.com/store/i/is.aspx?path=/images/S-165.JPG), you see. Except it's also magic with a +5 enhancement bonus and Poking quality. :smalltongue:

Ashen Lilies
2011-04-14, 08:04 PM
Funny... I've always used a Wand of Disintegration myself...
*pokes people at random*

happyturtle
2011-04-14, 08:06 PM
Sometimes I sharpen a MagClone and use it to poke another MagClone.

Chaotic Bob
2011-04-14, 08:14 PM
The lack of cattle-prods and brands disappoints me.

ApeofLight
2011-04-14, 08:17 PM
Hey Kerfuffle, what ever happened to Delta and Delta related stuff?

KerfuffleMach2
2011-04-14, 08:18 PM
Hey Kerfuffle, what ever happened to Delta and Delta related stuff?

She was doing stuff with Jericus and Jamie. I think that kinda got paused. Not sure why.

Gullara
2011-04-14, 08:19 PM
And before people turn that poker on me, I've got to deadtime for supper. Be back soon.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-04-14, 09:03 PM
Hmmm...I wonder how well Splosion Man would fit into the Nexus...

The Bushranger
2011-04-14, 09:06 PM
That's paused beause Wolfy hasn't had time to continue yet, I think...

And you know the Internet is awesome, when you can watch video streamed directly from a Formula One car in Beijing, live, on your computer.

happyturtle
2011-04-14, 09:09 PM
The Hobbit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfesknLk5uI&feature=player_embedded) has started filming! Yay!

EDIT: Grr... damn youtube taking down the video. Apparently you're only allowed to watch it on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150223186041807&oid=141884481557&comments).

Ashen Lilies
2011-04-14, 10:03 PM
FACEBOOK!!! :furious:

The Bushranger
2011-04-14, 10:08 PM
Hey, I like facebook. >_>