PDA

View Full Version : Formatting is driving me nuts...

Balog
2011-04-13, 04:24 PM
I have a friend who I've been DM'ing for off and on for a few years now. He usually has a pretty standard archetype he tries for, but has struggled to make the standard classes fit. So, I thought I'd take a shot at homebrewing up something that'd do what he wanted without a lot of fuss.

However, I'm having a devil of a time finding a generic D20 style template for standard 20 level classes. And trying to work on it in fits and starts switching between an Ubuntu netbook, Windows and Mac laptops, an Android phone etc is really making it annoying. So does anyone know of a simple online resource for making digital copies of the standard class table? I tried DnDwiki but found it frustrating and not especially user friendly.

LOTRfan
2011-04-13, 04:26 PM
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313) may come in handy.

Xefas
2011-04-13, 04:32 PM
If you're looking to make tables like this:
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/baseclass.png

-then you may want to check out the link in my signature. It has a tool for formatting tables for D20 classes in posts. That table took me like 8 seconds to make.

Balog
2011-04-13, 05:09 PM
That is helpful, but I was hoping to find a stand alone tool that wasn't dependent on posting in a forum.

Seerow
2011-04-13, 05:28 PM
That is helpful, but I was hoping to find a stand alone tool that wasn't dependent on posting in a forum.

Microsoft word has tables.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2011-04-13, 07:07 PM
I have a friend who I've been DM'ing for off and on for a few years now. He usually has a pretty standard archetype he tries for, but has struggled to make the standard classes fit. So, I thought I'd take a shot at homebrewing up something that'd do what he wanted without a lot of fuss.

However, I'm having a devil of a time finding a generic D20 style template for standard 20 level classes. And trying to work on it in fits and starts switching between an Ubuntu netbook, Windows and Mac laptops, an Android phone etc is really making it annoying. So does anyone know of a simple online resource for making digital copies of the standard class table? I tried DnDwiki but found it frustrating and not especially user friendly.

Try OpenOffice, it's platform-portable and should do everything you need. It can even export to PDF. Save everything in the native ODT format so that you don't lose any of the formatting. Just make a 6x21 table and you're good to go.

Sacrieur
2011-04-13, 10:47 PM
I typically use Microsoft OneNote to design a class, since it's basically a glorified notepad that's easy to use and allows you to move around and sort things that would satisfy someone with OCD.

Ernir
2011-04-14, 02:06 PM
What medium do you want to use to present the final product?