PDA

View Full Version : Help Reflavor Whip

JasonP
2011-04-17, 03:38 PM
So I'm playing a Human Tactical Warlord with some lazy powers. We have two defenders (when everyone shows) so I don't need to be in the middle of combat all the time, but like to sometimes thus I want to use whip and shield. He is the son of an exiled baron trying to reclaim his father's barony and is against slavery so the whip could be intimidating for prospective subjects to see him wielding.
The plan is for him to sacrifice himself to save his companions and be dead while i play another character to help convince the group he is dead and then come back in to the story around when we hit level 11 having him take the Twiceborn Leader paragon path.
I plan to take the multiclass whip training feat while he is 'dead/with Erathis (the deity he follows that is bringing him back as a Twiceborn Leader), but I would love some help with how to reflavor it so it is less intimidating.

Any ideas?

Drglenn
2011-04-17, 03:47 PM
Chain (as in one taken from slavers, using their own implement against them)?
Tentacle of some impressivly powerful beast?

Though I see nothing wrong with using a whip, using a weapon that signifies slavery against the slavers gives some tasty irony :P

WitchSlayer
2011-04-17, 04:08 PM
Maybe a piece of cloth Erathis tore from her clothing and gave to him?

"I will show you that with good tactics you can win battles with just the merest piece of cloth."

MeeposFire
2011-04-17, 04:51 PM
Or that rose vine whip sword thing from soul caliber.

Epinephrine
2011-04-17, 07:09 PM
Deadly yo-yo?

Drglenn
2011-04-17, 07:18 PM

"I will show you that with good tactics you can win battles with just the merest piece of cloth."

That is an awesome idea, I may have to steal that at some point

Sinon
2011-04-17, 10:12 PM
Saw these on an episode of Deadliest Warrior. (http://deadliestwarrior.wikia.com/wiki/Aara)

JasonP
2011-04-18, 06:27 PM

This is a cool idea, except that Erathis is also the god of invention so I think I will combine this with something like either the urumi or whip sword of some kind. My other thought is some kind of mechanically extendable flail that would look like a flail but stretch out and function like a whip when used.

WitchSlayer
2011-04-18, 07:47 PM
This is a cool idea, except that Erathis is also the god of invention so I think I will combine this with something like either the urumi or whip sword of some kind. My other thought is some kind of mechanically extendable flail that would look like a flail but stretch out and function like a whip when used.

The goddess of civilization, actually.

And what represents civilization better than clothing?

JasonP
2011-04-18, 08:05 PM
The goddess of civilization, actually.

And what represents civilization better than clothing?

True, I had see invention as a secondary or tertiary trait of hers.
That is a very good point you have there though, hmm...

Mando Knight
2011-04-18, 08:17 PM
She's also a deity of Justice. Using a whip against slavers would fit under the poetic kind.