PDA

View Full Version : Art Request: Team Portraits

Crisis21
2011-04-19, 04:50 PM
Yeah, so the other day in the SMBG forums, a couple of us spontaneously formed a superhero team, and we got some villains to go with it.

So, I'd like to request a pair of team portraits, one of the heroes (Team name: Justice in the Playground) and one of the villains (Team name: Playground Legion of Doom).

Art style is up to the artist, but I would like them both done in the same style if at all possible.

Here is the info:

Justice in the Playground:
Name: Zaydos
Secret Identity: Azar baron of Seacrest
Hero Name: Aujirlizzix the Bronze-Shield
Team Role: Leader/Founder
Powers: Magic, draconic abilities, lightning breath, sorcerous abilities, minor paladinic powers, ability to assume human form.
Equipment: Full set of stat items, animated shield, lyre of building, runestaff of passage, shiftweave, ioun stones, platinum holy symbol of bahamut, heavy pick, magical mirrors, spell components.
Appearance: Bronze dragon http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/something-1.png

Name: Lateral
Secret Identity: Lateral
Hero Name: Lateral (Seeing a pattern here?)
Team Role: Demolitions, pyrotechnics (My explosions can cause collateral damage, but sometimes they don't.)
Powers: Fire, explosions, psionics, martial arts, and inordinate amounts of time-bending shenanigans.
Equipment: Explosives
Appearance: I wish I had an avatar for reference. Leather armor, belt with pouches (leather with pouches sewn on, not Batman-style), wild hair, tattoos running up and down forearm. Colors of hair and tattoos change, generally some shade of red unless I'm really angry, happy, sad, confused, etc.

Name: Swiftmongoose.
Secret Identity: Swiftmongoose
Hero Name: The Black Phantom
Team Role: Mobile melee/skill monkey.
Powers: No superpowers, but a host of wuxia abilities, jumping over buildings, walking on clouds, running on walls, etc.
Equipment: Two kukris.
Appearance: as avatar, but black clothing, no armor, and with a domino mask.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee485/stormtrooper1138/swiftmongooseavatar4.png
Background: Orphan raised in a secret mountain monastery.

Name: Crisis21
Secret Identity: Eric Greenhilt
Hero Name: Battle Bard
Team Role: Music, theme songs, support, inspiration, PR, demoralizing the enemy, diplomat
Powers: Bardic music (all varieties, whenever the team does a Big Damn Heroes entrance, Battle Bard is always playing the butt-whooping rock & roll/heavy metal music), Dashing Swordsman dueling skills, Bardic spells and skills, High dexterity and dodging ability, Good diplomacy, Very Knowledgable about dramatic conventions.
Equipment: Magical Keytar that can play an entire band by itself, magical green-hilted +5 keen rapier.
Appearance: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/Duskeyes/EricGreenhilt.png, but with sunglasses/visor instead of the traditional mask. Kind of a cross between a Rock Star and a Swashbuckler.
Background: Eric is a conssumate ham in life and has a great flair for the dramatic, yet a genuinely good person who likes to help others. Given this combination, it is no surprise that he ended up as a highly-visible superhero, letting him combine his two great joys.

Name: Blue Ghost
Secret Identity: Unknown.
Hero Name: Blue Ghost
Team Role: Mage.
Powers: Wizardry. Specialties are prismatic magic, aura reading, and essence manipulation (never uses essence for offensive purposes, however). Also, waterbending and lots of love.
Equipment: Songstaff, Blue Lantern ring(optional).
Appearance: http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv160/azuyomi244/blueghostspring.png
Background: It's complicated.

Name: Groundhog
Secret Identity: Anne Bloom
Hero Name: Aeria
Team Role: Scout, strategy
Powers: Flight, levitation of other people and objects (must be in line of sight)
Equipment: Boomerang
Appearance: Long red hair (kept in a braid), green eyes, pale skin. Tall, average weight for that height. Wears a blue costume with white accents and a cyclone insignia. Blue mask and cape.
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr312/groundhog22/Screenshot2011-04-17at83827PM.png
Background: Was born and raised in Manhattan. Her powers manifested unusually early-- one of her baby pictures shows her levitating the bowl of dry cereal that she was supposed to be eating--and were easy to hide in a city where strange sights are commonplace. She works as a freelance graphic designer.

Name: Fredaintdead
Secret Identity: Frederick Theodore Fighter
Hero Name: PunchMan
Team Role: Bruiser
Powers: Super Strength, nigh-indestructible, has one mean right-hook. Access to a White Lantern ring and the abilities that gives.
Equipment: A very large axe for when punching just isn't enough, a shield and a White Lantern power ring.
Appearance: Red hair and beard. Generally Dwarven in every physical way. Typical White Lantern attire.
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/Avatars/fred.png

Playground Legion of Doom:
Name: Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Secret Identity: Jonathan Abigail Fullbladder, head of Fullbladder Manufacturing
Villain Name: The Fullbladder
Team Role: Mad Scientist
Powers: Super Machinery Skills! Robots! Access to hard light holographic technology and the relentless resources of Fullbladder Manufacturing! Durability!
Equipment: One (1) Luger-style pistol (http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Luger_P08); one (1) fail-safe device (small), for use on Fullbladder Manufacturing devices and products; two (2) Power Fists; one (1) low-profile jetpack (custom); miscellanious devices (various); one (1) earpiece communicator; weapon (dependant on scheme)
Appearance: Varied appearance; most often violet suit with white undershirt and violet tie, small Fullbladder Manufacturing logo pin on the lapel. Often features straps (from jetpack). Sometimes wears personal powered armour. All items, devices, and products feature small engraving of Fullbladder Manufacturing1 logo, nearly all robots are cyclopic (only one optic).
Reference (by kalirush) (http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/kalirush/kingpin.png)http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/kalirush/kingpin.png
Standard Fullbladder Manufacturing M P A F Powered Armour (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/AlmightyStriker/OotSAvatars/MPAFSmall.png)http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/AlmightyStriker/OotSAvatars/MPAFSmall.png
Fullbladder Manufacturing logo is a stylized "FBM" inside a gear.

Name: Moff Chumley
Secret Identity: Ivan MacNamera
Villain Name: The Moff
Team Role: Snarky right-hand man/Comic relief
Powers: Supernatural luck
Equipment: The Cost, a knife that can cut essentially anything.
Appearance: Completely average looking, but with a rather Star Wars-esque uniform. I dunno why; tradition, I guess. (Uniform is like that of Moff Tarkin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Moff_Tarkin), but without the rank badges.)
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/Moff.png, but with the imperial uniform and a deadpan expression

Name: Lix Lorn
Villain Name: Desolate
Team Role: Bruiser/Spy
Powers: Has decent physical skills, especially dexterity, and is a good infiltrator. Obviously, an excellent seductress. True superpower is control over concrete and building materials-she can tear walls and buildings down and use their materials as weapons.
Equipment: A contact venom, worn on her lips, capable of sending anything to sleep in several moments. She is immune.
Appearance: Looks the same as normal Lix... but has black eyes, a superior smirk, and wears a necklace with a black teardrop pendant. Generally found in a skintight black outfit, with bare feet.
Reference Pic: http://i25.tinypic.com/2ugjj8x.jpg, but with a skin-tight black outfit and bare feet.
Background: Lix isn't NORMALLY evil... but recently? She really is. Maybe it's her new necklace? At least her policy of 'using my full power is too easy' remains unchanged...

Name: TheCountAlucard
Secret Identity: TheCountAlucard
Villain Name: TheCountAlucard
Team Role: Versatile
Powers: Abyssal Charms. :smalltongue:
Equipment: Casull, Jackal, and various soulsteel artifacts.
Appearance: http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa100/TheCountAlucard666/AlucardAvatarByPhase02.png

Name: Mercenary Pen
Secret Identity: Brian Walsh
Villain Name: Dread Cyrus the Unpredictable (or Unhinged, depending on who you ask)
Team Role: Wile E. Coyote/D. Dastardly-style user of improbable equipment
Powers: An evil laugh that causes those who hear it to doubt their sanity.
Equipment: Whatever I get my hands on, ranging from pits filled with weretermites to rays that can evaporate minimum security prisons, via whatever else I think of.
Appearance: Usually in heavy disguise, few people know they have seen me out of disguise.
Reference pic: Possibly having the beard be fake and falling off. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/stefan_drake/vikingbard.png

Name: Lord of Kobolds
Secret Identity: Yipyap, ruler of Koboldia. Occasionally goes undercover as a lamp.
Villain Name: Orange Oblivion
Team Role: Mage, Brains, supplies resources
Powers: Epic-level sorcerer
Equipment: Several magic items providing resistance to various types of damage, Communicator (allows me to contact my base for assistance, whatever I have my minions build for me ahead of time, Sock with a half-brick in it.
Appearance: No avatar yet. A patch of deep orange whose shape seems to constantly change. It is impossible to make out any sort of details, and it almost appears to be a hole in reality. This is due to a special suit worn by Orange Oblivion for any nefarious deeds he must commit without it affecting his PR as Lord of Kobolds.
Possibly distort the following until is is unrecognizable: http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa233/ThatGuy_0233/koboldlord.png
Background: Whenever there is a task which needs to be done for the good of Koboldia, one that Yipyap cannot trust to anyone else, he dons his crimefightingdoing gear, and smites down the enemies of the state under the guise of Orange Oblivion. Also, he sometimes does it when he gets bored and wants to kill things without any diplomatic repercussions.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try and answer as best I can.

Dr.Epic
2011-04-20, 04:47 AM
What? There's an evil league (of evil) in the playground and I wasn't immediately asked to join? Well fine. I'll start my own evil league.

Ninjaman
2011-04-20, 06:41 AM
What? There's an evil league (of evil) in the playground and I wasn't immediately asked to join? Well fine. I'll start my own evil league.

Iīll join :smallbiggrin:

Crisis21
2011-04-20, 08:35 AM

Sorry, it just kind of happened and you weren't there.

Dr.Epic
2011-04-20, 11:11 AM
Sorry, it just kind of happened and you weren't there.

Well fine. My league will be 10 times better than yours. I already have my first member besides myself: Ninjaman.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-20, 11:14 AM
It might be useful to let people know what sort of dimensions you'd want the portraits to be, e.g: do you want them to be banner sized or do do you really not mind? What will they be used for? Just posted in the thread or...? Some of the descriptions are kind of vague too, such as Moff's "completely average" which is just about meaningless given that there's no other qualifier apart from the implication that the character's male. More specific descriptions tend to make requests more appealing as there's less risk of an artist putting something together only to find that it's very different to what the "client" had in mind and being asked to change a lot of significant things/ start again from scratch.

Also, are you wanting text on these or just the portraits?

Crisis21
2011-04-20, 11:51 AM
It might be useful to let people know what sort of dimensions you'd want the portraits to be, e.g: do you want them to be banner sized or do do you really not mind? What will they be used for? Just posted in the thread or...? Some of the descriptions are kind of vague too, such as Moff's "completely average" which is just about meaningless given that there's no other qualifier apart from the implication that the character's male. More specific descriptions tend to make requests more appealing as there's less risk of an artist putting something together only to find that it's very different to what the "client" had in mind and being asked to change a lot of significant things/ start again from scratch.

Also, are you wanting text on these or just the portraits?

Moff finally got an avatar for himself, so I posted that as the reference above.

I'd prefer small wallpaper dimensions if possible, but banner dimensions are fine too.

As for text, just the team name(s) (Something appropriately heroic for Justice in the Playground, and something appropriately sinister for Playground Legion of Doom). Possibly some small text of each individual's name (nothing fancy).

I understand about the whole vague descriptions, and that's why I'm taking the time to answer any questions. I know I'm not always the clearest in what I want from something.

The more specific the questions are, the better I can answer them.

And if I say 'artist's choice' on anything, I mean it that way.

To Dr. Epic: No one ever said that a team of heroes could only have one team of nemeses. :smallbiggrin:

Ninjaman
2011-04-20, 01:31 PM
Well fine. My league will be 10 times better than yours. I already have my first member besides myself: Ninjaman.

Hell yeah.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-20, 01:31 PM
Moff finally got an avatar for himself, so I posted that as the reference above.

I'd prefer small wallpaper dimensions if possible, but banner dimensions are fine too.

As for text, just the team name(s) (Something appropriately heroic for Justice in the Playground, and something appropriately sinister for Playground Legion of Doom). Possibly some small text of each individual's name (nothing fancy).

I understand about the whole vague descriptions, and that's why I'm taking the time to answer any questions. I know I'm not always the clearest in what I want from something.

The more specific the questions are, the better I can answer them.

And if I say 'artist's choice' on anything, I mean it that way.

To Dr. Epic: No one ever said that a team of heroes could only have one team of nemeses. :smallbiggrin:

Those were the main questions that came to mind for me seeing as I imagine I could at least get to sketch stage on the information given except the "average" thing and the scale. By "small wallpaper dimensions" would a picture around 4:3 ratio be ok? The other thing you might want to mention is the timeframe you'd prefer it to be made by.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-04-20, 01:50 PM

I have an Evil League of Evil T-Shirt, can I be in :D

Crisis21
2011-04-20, 02:18 PM
Those were the main questions that came to mind for me seeing as I imagine I could at least get to sketch stage on the information given except the "average" thing and the scale. By "small wallpaper dimensions" would a picture around 4:3 ratio be ok? The other thing you might want to mention is the timeframe you'd prefer it to be made by.

4:3 ration would be perfect.

No hard timeframe as this is mostly a fun lark. If you can get it done by this time next week, I'll be ecstatic. If you need longer, feel free to take it.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-20, 02:37 PM
4:3 ration would be perfect.

No hard timeframe as this is mostly a fun lark. If you can get it done by this time next week, I'll be ecstatic. If you need longer, feel free to take it.

I'll probably give it a go then. I can't guarantee speed or quality though so if anybody else is interested in doing this first then by all means go for it.
If I have further questions I'll just post them here.

Dr.Epic
2011-04-20, 02:37 PM
I have an Evil League of Evil T-Shirt, can I be in :D

yes

HA! That's 3 members already for my new, awesome, cool, super evil league.

Ninjaman
2011-04-20, 02:55 PM
yes

Whooho we will take over the playground!
Did i say that aloud?

Mercenary Pen
2011-04-20, 03:01 PM
Whooho we will take over the playground!
Did i say that aloud?

Try not derail the thread whilst taking over the world, and be prepared to hand it over to us peacefully once you've taken it over, or experience death by a thousand beards...

Crisis21
2011-04-20, 03:28 PM
yes

May I suggest the team name 'Evil in the Playground'?

Ninjaman
2011-04-20, 03:49 PM
Try not derail the thread whilst taking over the world, and be prepared to hand it over to us peacefully once you've taken it over, or experience death by a thousand beards...

We will not go down without a fight. No wait not even a fight can bring us down!
Mpha mfa phfma!

Note to self: evil laugh does not work with ninjahood on.

May I suggest the team name 'Evil in the Playground'?

No! No you may not.
*looks blamefully*

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2011-04-20, 09:17 PM
As the bald businessman mad scientist of the Playground Legion of Doom I of course kindly offer a power armoured hand of friendship to our estranged evil fellows. You can all fall in under my command if you want. I will make hideous frankenstein out of you. Evil is a growth industry, after all.

There was a footnote up there about the Fullbladder Manufacturing logo just being a boring ol' stylized "FBM" inside a gear when I sent my thing in to Crisis. I guess it wasn't proffessional enough.

Crisis21
2011-04-20, 09:44 PM
There was a footnote up there about the Fullbladder Manufacturing logo just being a boring ol' stylized "FBM" inside a gear when I sent my thing in to Crisis. I guess it wasn't proffessional enough.

I must have missed that. Sorry.

Ninjaman
2011-04-21, 03:34 AM
As the bald businessman mad scientist of the Playground Legion of Doom I of course kindly offer a power armoured hand of friendship to our estranged evil fellows. You can all fall in under my command if you want. I will make hideous frankenstein out of you. Evil is a growth industry, after all.

Nah iīm good.

Zefir
2011-04-21, 03:45 AM
The Dark Side of the Playground is rising to fast. I offer my hammer (and the one swinging it) for the good side.http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Taric1.png

Ninjaman
2011-04-21, 03:49 AM
The Dark Side of the Playground is rising to fast. I offer my hammer (and the one swinging it) for the good side.http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Taric1.png

Boo! Loser!

Zefir
2011-04-21, 03:59 AM
Boo! Loser!

The bad guys are the looser cause they go the easy way. :smalltongue:

Ninjaman
2011-04-21, 04:26 AM
The bad guys are the looser cause they go the easy way. :smalltongue:

The easy way? i am hurt, deeply hurt.
The good guys are taking the easy way. There are lots of good teams which can play together, but all the evil teams are always fighting eachother. The bad guys are always outnumbered, we have to invent all sorts of devious machines just to stand a chance.
Do you think it is easy not to be able to watch my daughterīs dance show becourse i had to rob a bank that evening?
*looks at Zefir with tears in the eyes*
Do you?
*goes to the bath room*
*cries for 15 minutes*
*ads Zefir to list of things that anoy me and must be destroyed (right under Dripping taps)
*go writes in my diary*

Zefir
2011-04-21, 05:04 AM
Hey you don't need to rob a bank thats forbidden. And think of it I miss the soccer game of my son cause you guys keep robbing the bank.

And as far as I know the Evil outnumber the good allways. Or they are super strong and can't be beaten with less then 5 Good people.

*heads off to save another bank*

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-21, 07:47 PM
If anybody wants their hero/villain to be in a specific pose it's not too late to ask, otherwise I'll just go with whatever seems to fit.

Edit: If you're in Team Justice in the Playground your character has already been posed. The first draft of the portrait should be up later today or sometime on Saturday. That'll be the time to point out all the details I missed and changes y'all want me to make.

Villains can still give pose suggestions. (I'm just committing myself to portraits of the first two teams for now)

Crisis21
2011-04-24, 03:34 PM
*Checks in*

How's it going?

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-24, 03:40 PM
*Checks in*

How's it going?

:smallredface: Yeah, not so bad...

There was a stage where I was a bit worried I'd bitten off more than I could chew when it dawned on me that Team Justice in the Playground had not six but seven members. I reckon I can probably have that one ready and the Evil team at least started by Wednesday but I've been busier than I thought I'd be so....
I also lost my inking brush when I updated GIMP so I've had to play around a bit to get a look I like for the linework which took longer than I'd expected.
Will put up a progress shot relatively soon. :smallsmile:

Crisis21
2011-04-24, 04:18 PM
I know how it is when things go in unexpected directions.

On the number of members of the Playground Legion of Doom, will you be able to include one of Fullbladder's powered armors to even them out?

No problem if you can't.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-24, 04:30 PM
I know how it is when things go in unexpected directions.

On the number of members of the Playground Legion of Doom, will you be able to include one of Fullbladder's powered armors to even them out?

No problem if you can't.

I can give it a whirl, yeah.
Listen, how nice are y'all wanting these portraits to be, by the way? Because I'm not too happy with how it's looking so far it's all pretty sketchy and "meh" atm I'm afraid.

Crisis21
2011-04-24, 04:53 PM
I can give it a whirl, yeah.
Listen, how nice are y'all wanting these portraits to be, by the way? Because I'm not too happy with how it's looking so far it's all pretty sketchy and "meh" atm I'm afraid.

I'm not looking for professional quality if that's what you're asking.

'Decent' would be the best I'd ever expect from this, though I do realize that we probably have different definitions of 'decent'. Mine is likely loser than yours as I'm easily pleased.

As good as you can get it will be fine as the teams are more of a lark than anything long-term, and may potentially be forgotten by this time next month whether or not we have pictures.

Ninjaman
2011-04-24, 05:07 PM
Hey you don't need to rob a bank thats forbidden. And think of it I miss the soccer game of my son cause you guys keep robbing the bank.

And as far as I know the Evil outnumber the good allways. Or they are super strong and can't be beaten with less then 5 Good people.

*heads off to save another bank*

Really :smallfrown:
I didnīt know.
I am so sorry.
*hugs Zefir*

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-24, 06:06 PM
Ugh. [winces]
Welp, an in-progress screenshot of the Justice team is in the spoiler below. There's some colour layed down and scribbly line art. Some heroes look almost halfway there, others... erm, not so much. :smallredface: Lateral is technically in there, for example, but the bit there's essentially a placeholder to suggest where in the composition he might be. Fredaintdead came out very oddly too. Teeny tiny head. Teeny tiny.
I might have to give up and do these in trad media and scan them in instead as I've not really refamilarised myself with GIMP yet.
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa405/Zomp_Jorr/justiceinprogresssnap.jpg

Urf.

(It may or may not reassure you guys to know that those are just the flats so I know what colours go where roughly so with shadows and highlights you might be able to pick individual characters out better...)

Crisis21
2011-04-24, 06:48 PM
Heck, if that's the rough draft, I can't wait to see the finished product!

Thumbs up.

Zefir
2011-04-26, 01:58 AM
Really :smallfrown:
I didnīt know.
I am so sorry.
*hugs Zefir*

*runs away * NO No Evil Hugs NOOO

The picture looks good can't wait to see the Evil one^^.

Ninjaman
2011-04-26, 08:32 AM
*runs away * NO No Evil Hugs NOOO

The picture looks good can't wait to see the Evil one^^.

*cryes myself to sleep*

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-27, 08:08 PM
Team Justice's group portrait is done now:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa405/Zomp_Jorr/teamjusticeintheplayground.jpg

I did not go crazy with the entirely randomly placed airbrush magic glow at the end. No I did not. That's all in the mind.
Let me know if there are things that you guys would like me to change and I'll see what I can do. Suggested changes probably wouldn't be implemented until after the Villains' team portrait is "finished" but ... yeah. Let me know.

I've not put any text on the portrait so far. If any of you guys want to do that yourselves I don't mind especially. Otherwise I might be willing to add text myself later if you're specific about wording placement, colour, typeface, etc.

I'd give an estimate as to when the villain pic will be ready but I'm afraid it's a little early to tell. An in progress picture will be posted when there's progress to picture. :smallbiggrin:

As far as terms of use for the art go, um... picture's yours now but don't use if for acts of extreme evil? Also if you're going to be reposting it rehosting it is probably advisable.

Lemonus
2011-04-27, 08:12 PM
Team Justice's group portrait is done now:

*Epic Picture*

That's awesome. I really like the way you drew Battle Bard.

Crisis21
2011-04-27, 08:40 PM
Epic. Win.

I will show the others.

You are awesome.

Maxios
2011-04-27, 08:43 PM
There's a superhero guild on here? And I, the Gunslinger, haven't been asked to join? I am deeply insulted! :smallfurious::smalltongue:

Lemonus
2011-04-27, 08:49 PM
There's a superhero guild on here? And I, the Gunslinger, haven't been asked to join? I am deeply insulted! :smallfurious::smalltongue:

You can join my group, that I just at this second created! It's called "The Randoms!" We're random. :tongue:

Crisis21
2011-04-27, 08:57 PM

It just spontaneously happened one day in the SMBG Kiss or Kill thread.

I don't think we're all that organized though since we seem to have pleasant conversation with our villains as often as we fight them. :smalltongue::smalltongue:

Maho-Tsukai
2011-04-27, 09:25 PM
For those who want to be a part of a heroic or villainous society I am totally up for starting an evil villain group. Also, nice artwork there...you make me wish I had a working scanner.

Ninjaman
2011-04-28, 12:10 AM
For those who want to be a part of a heroic or villainous society I am totally up for starting an evil villain group. Also, nice artwork there...you make me wish I had a working scanner.

Dr.epic made an evil group on page 1.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-28, 11:19 AM
That's awesome. I really like the way you drew Battle Bard.

Epic. Win.

I will show the others.

You are awesome.

:smallredface: Thankyou. :smallredface:

I get your frustration on the scanner issue Maho-Tsukai. We didn't have one for ages and now we do as a family but it's pretty hard to use it as it's hooked up to the main comp which there's quite a bit of competition for. Plus I don't like having to explain all the weird stuff I draw to people all the time which I'd have to do if I used the scanner. Then there's the fact that you can only scan stuff of a certain size...
If you've got a digital camera that might be half decent for getting your artwork on the computer, it's probably better for bigger pieces though and it can be tricky getting the lighting and focussing right. There's also picture quality issues depending on how schmancy the camera is. Some people manage it though.
Your other option is learning how to use a digital drawing programme. I made the team portrait from scratch on GIMP which is free but I've been told that Open Canvas is good and also free too (haven't tried it yet but have seen nice work from people who use it). Then there are folk who swear by using only MS Paint which comes with most PCs (I find it a bit tedious to use myself and it doesn't have all the shiney extras that the gimp has). It feels more natural drawing with a tablet than with a mouse or with a touchpad but if you're patient and you practice you can get nice results from mice and touchpads. When I'm feeling too lazy to hook up the tablet I've been known to draw with the laptop touchpad (which is about 3 inches by 2.5 inches I think). I hated using the pad for much of anything for the first few months of having my laptop but it's fairly nifty once you get used to it - drawing with it is a bit like fingerpainting. :smallbiggrin:

Crisis21
2011-04-29, 06:42 PM
*Eagerly awaits*

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-02, 03:40 PM
Quick update: Doom team portrait has not been forgotten but I have been quite busy and a charity project with a ridiculously short notice deadline has come up so... I'll update y'all with the progress report once I've had a little more time to readjust my "schedule" such as it is, i.e: within 24 hours of this post.
Phuh.

Crisis21
2011-05-02, 04:58 PM
No problem. I understand how these things work.:smallsmile:

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-03, 01:33 PM
Progress Report:
Right, I think I've got the basic ground work covered now. Tentative "due date" is Friday this week. I'll post the flats when they're ready for team Doom to crit (if necessary) as I did with the first portrait.

super dark33
2011-05-03, 02:59 PM
Dr.epic made an evil group on page 1.

Count me in!
every team needs a caster!:smallbiggrin:

Ninjaman
2011-05-04, 09:36 AM
Count me in!
every team needs a caster!:smallbiggrin:

Woohoo, thats the 4th member!

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-04, 10:09 AM
Quick question: people joining the new team are aware I've only committed myself to two portraits* in this thread right? 'Cause the new team sounds awesome but I've taken on too much to make promises about drawing another seven person portrait in the immediate future.
Just verifying that to avoid letting anyone down through misdirection.

*The portraits in question being the ones Crisis commissioned in the first post, fourteen characters in total.

Ninjaman
2011-05-04, 11:03 AM
Quick question: people joining the new team are aware I've only committed myself to two portraits* in this thread right? 'Cause the new team sounds awesome but I've taken on too much to make promises about drawing another seven person portrait in the immediate future.
Just verifying that to avoid letting anyone down through misdirection.

*The portraits in question being the ones Crisis commissioned in the first post, fourteen characters in total.

Yeah we know. I do atleast.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-07, 12:16 PM
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa405/Zomp_Jorr/doomlegion.jpg

Legion of Doom team portrait.
Finished unless team members say otherwise.

(Lix in particular looks a bit rough, mostly in terms of lippy) I should probably resize/ move Lix Lorn's portrait. She looks like she's being stepped on. :smallfrown:

Crisis21
2011-05-07, 11:46 PM
It looks great except for that little bit about Lix looking like she's being stepped on that you mentioned.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-08, 08:56 AM
It looks great except for that little bit about Lix looking like she's being stepped on that you mentioned.
Yup. That.
You are awesome artist, by the way.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-08, 09:36 AM

Yup. That.
You are awesome artist, by the way.

Thanks. :smallredface:

Watch this space... (not literally!)

EDIT:

OK. Think I'm happier with this version. The stepped on-ness of poor Lix is kindof an inherent problem with the pose but I'm kinda hopin the smokey love hearts will make up for it?

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa405/Zomp_Jorr/Untitled.jpg

Crisis21
2011-05-08, 10:25 PM
Super! I'm off to show everyone!

Lix Lorn
2011-05-09, 06:04 AM
I like~ :smallsmile: