PDA

View Full Version : Hoist the Mainsail

Pages : [1] 2

Torgarn
2011-04-22, 11:23 PM
You are in the port town of Merisol. Located on a small island Merisol is not the largest of ports. It is important though as it acts as a point of resupplying for ships travelling between the two great continents of Kelmnas and Palthas. Merisol is too important to allow disorder, and as such a strict set of rules govern the town harshly. You are imprisoned for crimes you may, or may not, have committed. You are currently in the yard, being allowed time for recreation.

Bad Situation
2011-04-22, 11:50 PM
Lucien regarded the scroungy lot assembled in the yard with some close to contempt. It had been a year since his fall from grace, but he still could not acclimate himself from the filth that surrounded him these days. Early in his career he had assumed, for propriety's sake, that the criminals lived the way they did because they lacked the means to improve on their lives. It was quickly becoming apparent that this was not the case. At any rate, he was cold, hungry, and not looking much better than his 'comrades'.

He wondered if this was how the natives felt when he and his men had driven them off their land. Not that it mattered though, because after all had been said and done he was the one left rotting in a prison.

This would not do of course. However, he would wait for an opportunity to present itself. In the end Fate favored only those who were ready to reap her rewards.

And at the end of the day, Lucien Lachance simply did not lose.

Lyndworm
2011-04-23, 02:01 AM
Kal let himself be captured. The kaliskan was faced with a difficult choice, but he's confident that he made the best decision possible. It cost him his ship, but saved his men.

Now Kal paces along the wall separating him from the sea he loves so much. The transfer that brought him here was mysterious, but Kal tried not to think about it too much. He liked it better here anyway; he could smell the sea on the wind, here. Besides, no mortal prison can hold Kal. It's just a matter of time until the opportunity presents itself.

Iun
2011-04-23, 04:14 AM
Crouching somewhere apart from the rest, a tall figure is scratching something into the ground with a small, very sharp-looking piece of metal. On closer inspection the carvings look like a crude and rather incomplete blueprint, and the figure is a woman, brown hair, green eyes, a bit too fair of complexion for these waters; and a bit more flesh on the bones than should be normal in a prison - she probably hasn't been here long.

While dirt and grime make it impossible to say any more about her looks, a few other things have become known about her during the last few days:
Lia ("Lia, just Lia. pleasure to meet you", she introduced herself to everyone with a quite out-of-place-friendly smile) is a tinkerer and is in here for smuggling ("Bit embarrassing, being caught on your first sale, isn't it?"). She also plans to leave as fast as possible ("I could just sneak out, you know, but they have all my stuff. Besides, being on the run sounds more fun as a group."), that's why she has gathered as much information as she could about the prison's layout, and why she has built a few makeshift and easy-to-hide weapons for her and her fellow inmates; weapons that are quite effective as the first guy who tried to grope her could attest to - if he had ever returned from the infirmary.

Right now Lia has finished her drawing and looks around for any of her co-conspirators. Her eyes fall on Kal and with a grin and a few light steps she is suddenly walking beside him.
"Hi there! Nice day, isn't it?"
Lia's surprisingly deep alto voice has the usual perky, up-beat ring (and volume) to it - somehow the combination fits.
"I think we might be ready to go any time now", she continues a little less loudly. "You still have the dagger I made you?"

Halna LeGavilk
2011-04-23, 09:42 AM
Steve sat on one of the tables, provided to the prisoners, which he had scooted back up against the wall, which he now lay against, simply watching the rest of the prison yard. He sighs at the thought of escape. By the gods, I can't wait to get out of here.

Parasyn
2011-04-23, 10:29 AM
In the least crowded area of the yard an attractive female dark elf is going through what looks to be a kind of rigorous hybrid of dance and unarmed combat. This continues for about 10 minutes after which she jogs over to Steven and sits on the edge of the table beside him and starts talking softly.

"This is worse than being in Menzoberranzan, at least there I could come and go as I pleased. Even if I was just as much a prisoner. I would give anything to be back on the sea right now."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-04-23, 11:52 AM
Steven snorts. "You're telling me. The guards won't let me cook, because they're afraid I'll steal the knives to escape. I would, but that's not the point."

Drewski
2011-04-23, 12:06 PM
John sits quietly in the corner of the yard. He is contemplating how the team will be escaping and how he could make it go smoother. Perhaps a Ghoul Glyph above the cell door could remove a guard or two?
He quick walks over to the leader of the "team" to ask. (OCC who is in charge of this escape attempt?)

Jallorn
2011-04-23, 04:03 PM
Kezik wanders up to the gate, peering in at the prisoners. Spotting Kal, he sets his plan in motion, Captain wants to see you two, give me the keys, I'll keep an eye on things while you're gone.

Bluff: [roll0]

Torgarn
2011-04-24, 12:31 AM
The guards lok at each other then shrug. Here you go, one of them hands you the keys and they walk off.

Jallorn
2011-04-24, 12:58 AM
Kezik waits a few moments before opening the gate, and passing through to speak to Kal, Come on, now's our best chance.

Lyndworm
2011-04-24, 02:21 AM
Kal nods that he does, in fact, have the remarkably well-crafted shiv Lia had given him. When he opens his mouth to speak, Kal notices a familiar face peeking at him. "Kezik! My old friend, I should've known you were planning something. That whole transfer business didn't seem totally on the level, you know? Man, if I had ears they'd be perking up something fierce."

Jallorn
2011-04-24, 02:22 AM
Sorry, no time for small talk, come on, we should get a head start before the rabble realizes I left the gate open. I'll take you to your gear, it's in evidence, and then we can find the sea.

Iun
2011-04-24, 02:37 AM
Lia looks quite perplexed at the sudden appearance of Kezik, then she realizes what exactly is happening.
"Uh, I suppose this makes our old plan obsolete?", Lia interjects tentatively; she seems a bit disappointed.

Lyndworm
2011-04-24, 02:45 AM
"Yes, I suppose it does. Kezik, this is my friend Lia. Given that she has no other plans and that I'll need a crew if I'm to take back my ship, d'you think it'd be too much trouble for her to tag along? Either way, I'm ready to go." The kaliskan bounces from one foot to the other in anticipation.

Parasyn
2011-04-24, 09:29 AM
Noticing the door left open Janiries nudges Steven and points stealthily. "This may be our chance, let's check it out." She walks nonchalantly in the general direction of the door.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-04-24, 10:08 AM
Steve nods and follows, hands in pocket, looking around for any guards.

[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

Bad Situation
2011-04-24, 12:24 PM
Lucien takes note of the several inmates moving for the direction of the door. Watching to make sure no one is watching, he casually strides forth. He didn't have a plan, but in his life, 'plans' rarely ever mattered.

Jallorn
2011-04-24, 03:13 PM
Let's go then, Kezik leads the way, heading first to evidence.

Drewski
2011-04-24, 07:21 PM
Noticing the discreet break out John slowly follows behind.

Rolls for everything possible!
Hide(well being sneaky about getting out) [roll0]
Move silently [roll1]
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

Torgarn
2011-04-25, 12:03 AM
Those who are going through the door: You find yourself in a hallway leading to the right and the left

Jallorn's Group: As you enter evidence, the clerk stands up, Why are there unchained prisoners with you? she squeals out.

Jallorn
2011-04-25, 12:08 AM
Kezik ignores the question, instead, he walks up to the clerk at a patient speed, allowing her imagination to take her where it may before saying, while standing over her, Give me the keys to the evidence chests.

Torgarn
2011-04-25, 12:10 AM
I don't have the keys. I just catalogue things. The warden keeps all of the keys on his person she squeals out cowering in fear.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-04-25, 12:14 AM
Steven keeps following the two men, calling out to Janiries "They're probably going to go get their equipment, and that sounds like a good idea."

Jallorn
2011-04-25, 12:19 AM
Kezik sighs, before raising his hand, palm towards the lock, and releasing a bolt of red energy (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100213062904/castleage/images/4/43/Berserker_Frenzy.jpg) at the lock on the chest. He then says to the clerk, You might want to get out of here, there's about to be a prison riot.

Eldritch Blast: [roll0] does half damage to objects.

Intimidate: [roll1]

OOC: I also just thought of a good reason for Kezik to not be the captain, which I'll bring up IC later.

Torgarn
2011-04-25, 12:24 AM
The clerk scampers away. The lock is scorched by your arcane might, and while clearly damaged, is still intact.

Bad Situation
2011-04-25, 12:28 AM
At the mention of his old equipment, Lucien perked up by a measurably. He had to admit, having been forced to live in such squalidness only made him appreciate what little he did had. He could feel his hand relaxing into an oh-so familiar grip. "Absence made the heart grow fonder as they say."

His fingers twitched in a motion all too familiar, he would need to shoot somebody soon.

Jallorn
2011-04-25, 12:29 AM
Impatiently, Kezik releases another bolt at the lock.

Eldritch Blast: [roll0]

Torgarn
2011-04-25, 12:43 AM
The lock breaks of with a great SNAP, falling onto the floor.

Jallorn
2011-04-25, 12:56 AM
Get your stuff quickly, and don't bother with anyone else's, we don't have time for anyone to be weighed down my too much stuff.

Lyndworm
2011-04-25, 03:55 AM
Kal quickly does as instructed, pulling out a pair of mirror-image stylized cutlasses, two average-looking pistols, an aged light mace, a gleaming sliver chain shirt, a black vest with multi-colored bead work over the right breast, two small sacks, a large sack, brown leather gloves with a malachite bolt insignia, a harshly treated leather backpack, and a cloth headband with two glass spheres protruding from it.

The kaliskan takes less than a minute to suit up, and once he's finished he makes quite the pirate. The dirty, somewhat depressed freak seems to have been replaced with a well-equipped, confident person of exotic heritage. Giving the cutlasses a swift twirl, his final act of preparation is to sheath them. "Killer Kal is back."

Assuming Kezik helps Kal into his chain shirt, it takes Kal exactly 7 rounds to get ready. If Kezik does not help Kal the time is not increased, but Kal takes a -1 penalty to AC and to ACP.

Drewski
2011-04-25, 05:49 AM
"I beg to differ. I have an improved portable hole that should fit all the items in the room without much strain and it won't even get heavier." John looks around for his stuff. When he finds it he puts on his breastplate, and buckler. Then he starts looking for interesting goods and for OK quality weapons.

Bad Situation
2011-04-25, 08:20 AM
Without announcing his presence, Lucien strides into the room and snatches an ornate looking pistol from a dark corner of the chest."I hope you don't mind my joining of your little 'prison break', I'm afraid I've grown rather weary of this bothersome place," he says with a smile.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-04-25, 01:03 PM
Steven walks in with the rest and takes his things out of the chest, and then also searches quickly for any interesting items that don't belong to anybody.

Search: [roll0]

Parasyn
2011-04-25, 02:08 PM
Janiries rummages through the chest and withdraws 2 magnificent handaxes, a rather ordinary pistol, a pair shimmering silver bracers, a ring. an amulet, a pair of black silk gloves and a variety of mundane items as well as an exquisitely tailored outfit with 4 skulls separated by a flaming green chain.
"I feel almost whole again, all that's missing is the feel of the ocean beneath a ship deck."

Iun
2011-04-25, 02:59 PM
Lia remained uncharacteristically silent during the whole thing so far. Even after she has seemingly gathered and equipped all her stuff (nothing of which looks anything special, except maybe for the fact that a pair of anklets are her only footwear), she keeps looking around, until she finally pulls a strange thing out between some rags; it looks like someone tried his luck with pottery, and failed rather miserably: The object is a small inanimate figure somewhat resembling... well maybe (with lots of imagination) resembling a clothed monkey. At least you think the crude paint job represents clothing.

"Uh oh, I sure hope you aren't broken," she says rather worriedly to the strange thing. "I really don't want to have to rebuild you..."
Lia gives the monkey a quick checkup, and suddenly it starts moving on its own.
"Don't you ever scare me like that again Hugo!", she addresses the construct with a tone of mock reproach before she lifts it on her shoulders.

"Does everyone have their stuff back? Anyone need help?"

Jallorn
2011-04-25, 03:28 PM
Alright, we have about a minute, maybe two, before the guards are fully prepared and organized. I'd like to get out of here before that happens, I'd like to avoid any deaths if possible.

Parasyn
2011-04-25, 03:44 PM
"Well we had best move quickly then, because anyone that gets in my way is likely to catch an axe in the face"

Lyndworm
2011-04-25, 06:15 PM
"I'm ready when you are, old friend. I have to see a man about a boat, anyway."

Bad Situation
2011-04-25, 06:27 PM
"I would kiss the warden himself if it meant my freedom."

Jallorn
2011-04-25, 06:29 PM
Kezik looks over the assembled criminals a moment, a very brief moment. Fine, we could use a crew, is all he says before heading for the exit.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-04-25, 07:09 PM
Steven smiles as he loads the beautifully carved hand crossbow.. "And all crews need a good cook."

Bad Situation
2011-04-25, 07:16 PM
For the barest of moments Lucien allows a brief smirk to grace his expression. "Can never have too many guns either," lining the pistol's barrel up to an imaginary foe.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-04-25, 07:27 PM
Steven laughs. "Ranged weapons in general, really."

Parasyn
2011-04-25, 09:49 PM
Janiries smirks playfully and says "Well it sounds like I am going to have free reign over the hand to hand, you boys just sit back out of danger and let me deal with it"

Iun
2011-04-26, 03:41 AM
Lia looks a the assembled arsenal around her with a certain spark in her eyes.
"These are some nice pieces of craftsmanship you guys have there," she says with genuine admiration. "You must let me have a closer look once we're out of here."

Having said that, she follows Kezik outside - you notice she doesn't carry any weapons on her.

Drewski
2011-04-26, 08:54 PM
"I'm ready, but you guys should call me over if you kill anything interesting. I happen to be a doctor and I wouldn't mind having some bodies to examine." John looks eagerly to the door.

Torgarn
2011-04-27, 02:31 AM
A keening wail sweeps over the prison, an alarm that has been set off.

Lyndworm
2011-04-27, 05:24 AM
Kal looks up at the alert, taking only a moment to figure out what it must mean. "If we're gonna get going, it's past time to be gone. C'mon!" The kaliskan darts ahead of the group, fully intending to make a break for freedom.

Torgarn
2011-04-27, 05:34 AM
As you enter the main entrance foyer of the prison you are engulfed in chaos. Several guards form a wall of shields near the door, while the rest are fighting with numerous escaped prisoners. Many of the prisoners are using improvised weapons, while the guards use clubs to bash the prisoners unconscious.

Iun
2011-04-27, 05:55 AM
"Do you have a plan?", Lia asks those around her while she surveys the entrance. "If we can get the guards away from the door we might get out without much of a fight?" Lia is clearly not comfortable giving orders and so her suggestion comes out like a question at whoever wants to take charge.

Lyndworm
2011-04-27, 07:06 AM
Kal nods confidently at Lia's question. "I always have a plan. It's the quality you need to worry about, not the quantity." Kal moves closer to the meanest-looking prisoner being attacked. Standing some ways away, the kaliskan shows off why they call him Hungry Hunyango; almost faster than the eye can track, Kal's long, sticky tongue shoots out of his head, toward the guard's weapon. Somewhat more slowly his tongue returns. "Listen up, you mangy waste of meat! If that tongue had even brushed against your hand you'd be dead within ten minutes. Poison's a tricky thing that way. If you let my friends and I pass, your wife won't have to identify your grotesquely misshapen body tonight. Sound like a fair trade?"

Move action to get 10ft from the guard, Standard action disarm attempt with Kal's tongue.

Attack:
[roll0]

If the attempt is successful, Kal drops the weapon immediately as a free action so that he might speak.

Bluff check:
[roll1]

Torgarn
2011-04-27, 07:12 AM
The guard flinches away from you, picks his club back up and goes to subdue a different prisoner.

Thanks very much the thuggish looking man says

Lyndworm
2011-04-27, 07:27 AM
"Thank me later; we're not done yet. I need you to do me a favor now, yeah? If we're going to get out of here with all of our limbs intact, we'll need a distraction. That's your job, big guy." Kal points across the room as he continues. "It doesn't really matter what you do, just go over there and make a ruckus. I've got a plan." Reaching into his pack, Kal pulls a sap. "Have you got me covered?"

Iun
2011-04-27, 07:36 AM
Lia's eyes grow wide in surprise at the display of Kal's tonguework, and she seems even more interested at the mention of the poison.
"Can I help with anything? Oh, I know", she gives the prisoner beside them a quick once over, then she pulls out a single hair from one of the pouches at her belt and touches his clothes with it; a blue glow slowly travels through the fabric and fades away within seconds. "This should give you quite a bit more power behind your punches."

Infused the prisoner's clothes with Bull's Strength for 7 minutes.

Torgarn
2011-04-27, 07:43 AM
If it helps me escape this hellhole I'll do anything. the man goes where you pointed, then falls onto the ground twitching and foaming at the mouth, screaming loudly, he draws the attention of all of those in the room.

Lyndworm
2011-04-27, 07:54 AM
With everyone distracted, Kal curves around the other side, coming up on the guards at the door. His skin starts to shift and he blends into the background. Sap already prepared, Kal brings it crashing down onto the closest guard. "John, can you do something to make these men a little less comfortable?"

Sneaking up on the guard as a Move action, attacking as a Standard action.

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Sneak Attack:
[roll2]

Skirmish:
[roll3]

Drewski
2011-04-27, 08:06 AM
John smirks. "It would be my pleasure." Making sure to hit none prisoners with him and as few of the the prisoners fighting the guards, John raises his hand and starts to chant. Out of his hand comes a black cloud the freezes the minds within it before it disappates.
Crushing Despair Standard Action.
Do I need to move into position? If so Move action.

Jallorn
2011-04-27, 12:48 PM
Kezik releases another blast at the weapon of one of the guards, saying simply, Leave!

The FAQ says that Eldritch Blast can hit held objects, so I'm attempting to sunder one. It's mostly just to show off my mystical powers and get a bonus to intimidating the guards.
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Intimidate: [roll2]

Iun
2011-04-27, 02:50 PM
Lia carefully moves closer to the exit, trying to stay out of the fray as much as possible. Once she sees an opening at the door she attempts to dash through in order to bring Hugo to safety before returning to the fight. Should she be attacked she will immediately turn invisible and make a run for it.

Parasyn
2011-04-27, 06:07 PM
Janiries grins, draws her axes, charges to the nearest guard and smashes him with the flat of the blade. She then yells. "Can someone deal with the door out of here?"

Attack (Nonlethal)(charging)
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
Sneak Attack
[roll2]

Bad Situation
2011-04-27, 06:37 PM
It wasn't exactly what he had been hoping for, but he probably should have known better than to expect a civilized prison break. Lucien wasn't entirely why they were avoiding but he supposed it had something to do with the law. Or lack thereof.

He looked back on the days when he could do whatever he wanted at another man's expense. None of this fugitive nonsense, he wanted to be recognized as noble.

"Let me get this straight, we don't want to kill the guards?"

The moment the battle began, Lucien initiated Black Tempest as an immediate action.

Torgarn
2011-04-27, 06:43 PM
A prisoner stabs a guard multiple times with an improvised shiv, the other guards rush to his aid leaving the door unblocked momentarily.

Lyndworm
2011-04-27, 07:08 PM
Seeing everyone rush away from the door, Kal can't help but crack a grin. Waving over the others, he says "See, Lia? I told you I had a plan."

Drewski
2011-04-27, 07:20 PM
John waits for the rest of the team to go to the doors. When they do he walks over and starts to to chant. Out of the ground a huge skeletal troll crawls from the ground. "Cover our backs!"
Summon Undead 3, standard action and move action to the door.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-04-27, 07:34 PM
Steven quickly ducks down behind the desk, and then pops up, firing some bolts at the door guards, and then goes back down.

Move behind the deck, fire at the nearest guards in the shield wall.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] +Sneak: [roll2]
Hide: [roll3]

Jallorn
2011-04-27, 07:36 PM
Kezik is stone-faced, so long as the group he armed doesn't kill anyone...

Halna LeGavilk
2011-04-27, 07:41 PM
After shooting, Steven hops over the desk and runs towards the door.

If I need it, jump check:
[roll0]

Parasyn
2011-04-27, 08:19 PM
Seeing the open door Janiries abandons the fight with the guards and takes off towards freedom.

Iun
2011-04-28, 02:56 AM
"And with everyone coming in at the perfect time and doing exactly what you wanted them to," Lia says to Kal, looking back at the giant skeleton, "not to mention that big thing blocking the door, now. Your planning skills are uncanny." By the end of the sentence Lia can't keep a straight face and is grinning widely. "So what's next? You said something about a ship, I believe?"

Lyndworm
2011-04-28, 04:48 PM
"Oh, there is indeed a ship! My ship, the Pita Basag, was taken from me when I was locked away. I don't know where it is now, but I'm going to find it. None of you have to come with me, of course, but I'm going to need a crew so you're all invited until further notice."

Torgarn
2011-04-28, 06:16 PM
Outside of the jail you see the sprawl of the city laid out before you. The prison is on a hill above a large portion of the city. In the distance you see a harbor with ships in it. In between the prison and harbor is a large number of homes and businesses.

Jallorn
2011-04-28, 06:26 PM
Kezik grins, We're free. C'mon, let's get to that dock. With an incredible burst of speed, he is suddenly several feet ahead of everyone else, stopping he turns back, You slowpokes coming, or what?

Parasyn
2011-04-28, 08:05 PM
Janiries takes off after Kezik. "Last one there get's to walk the plank"

Drewski
2011-04-28, 08:23 PM
John is silent as he sprints to the ship.

Bad Situation
2011-04-28, 09:05 PM
Lucien follows without a word, already having broken off into a run. As much as he hated to admit it, the lizardman's offer was by far the only logical choice. Smuggling his way onto another captain's ship would only end in tragedy, not his of course, but it was typically regarded as 'impolite' to kill a captain on his very own ship. And he very much doubted he would be able to break away from the guards on foot.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-04-28, 09:22 PM
Steven sighs. "Better have some damn good pots..." he mutters as he takes off after the rest of the crew.

Lyndworm
2011-04-29, 01:34 AM
With a wild grin, Kal launches himself after Kezik. "Onwards, to freedom!"

Iun
2011-04-29, 02:05 AM
"Are we just running through to the harbor," Lia shouts once she has caught up with the rest (the monkey golem hanging onto her head with all his power), "or is there another plan in the making?"

Torgarn
2011-04-29, 02:07 AM
Several other convicts break out behind you, spreading out in all directions running with all of their might.

Drewski
2011-04-29, 12:04 PM
I continue running, but I look around for interesting opportunities for raiding.(I'm pretty sure we all do.)

Torgarn
2011-04-29, 12:08 PM
You run into the middle of a market bazaar. Many small stands sit around occupied by their owners and any customers milling around near them.

Drewski
2011-04-29, 12:22 PM
John looks for the richest looking stall.

Torgarn
2011-04-29, 12:25 PM
Hrmm.... Appraise check brah

Drewski
2011-04-29, 12:27 PM
[roll0](Appraise check)

Torgarn
2011-04-29, 12:30 PM
The most lavishly decorated stand is a silk trader's stall.

Jallorn
2011-04-29, 12:37 PM
Kezik keeps moving, their priority should be to get to safety, they're no match for the fully mobilized guardsmen.

Lyndworm
2011-04-29, 12:40 PM
Rolling is eyes as John stops to eye the merchandise, Kal, too, continues his trek.

Drewski
2011-04-29, 12:45 PM
John runs over to the stand. "Give me several bolts of your silk and every silk rope you have!" (intimidate check? and if needed I use my Fear aura(will save, DC 16)

Torgarn
2011-04-29, 12:50 PM
The goliath shopkeeper stares you square in the eye and says simply, NO

Iun
2011-04-29, 12:53 PM
"Ooh, these do look nice," Lia looks at the different fabrics after she comes to a halt beside John. "Let's see where you keep the good stuff." She pulls a simple monocle out of one of her belt pouches and starts to examine the products.

Appraise check to pick out one or two premium items: [roll0]

Torgarn
2011-04-29, 12:55 PM
The goliath leans forward I do not keep the "good stuff' in public view.

Iun
2011-04-29, 12:59 PM
"Okay, I don't have much time here, but despite my current looks I actually plan to pay - if you have high grade, magic infusable material, that is."

Drewski
2011-04-29, 12:59 PM
(Intimidate Check)
[roll0]
(I'm also going to use the fear aura, if you didn't have me do it already. If I didn't then I'll use a ray of enfeeblement)
Ranged touch attack. [roll1]
"Are you sure?"

Torgarn
2011-04-29, 01:07 PM
You truly believe that one such as I can be cowed by you. I didn't gain this wealth sitting on my haunches. GUARDSMEN he stands up shouting loudly, while pulling an enormous granite blade from underneath his stall.

Drewski
2011-04-29, 01:14 PM
(I forgot to put in the roll, 3 times. :smallredface: [roll0])

Iun
2011-04-29, 01:25 PM
Lia's eyes widen when she sees the weapon, and she barely manages to catch her monocle as it falls down. "I've changed my mind, gotta go," Lia mumbles and sprints after the others until she has caught up.

Drewski
2011-04-29, 03:13 PM
"If thats how you want to play." John summons a Troll skeleton beheid the stallkeeeper and takes out his rapier. The troll will charge the stallkeeper on his turn. Spell Summon Undead 3

Halna LeGavilk
2011-04-29, 06:16 PM
John sighs as the man tries to steal from the goliath, but he keeps running. I won't get caught for this idiot...

Bad Situation
2011-04-29, 09:23 PM
For a moment Lucien pauses. On one hand, the commotion would be ideal for getting a shot in, but on the other hand it meant the bothersome prospect of a full scale fight. Caught at an impasse, he looks to his companions for their responses.

Jallorn
2011-04-29, 09:29 PM
Kezik continues towards the dock, staying slow to keep pace with Kal. If that idiot wants to get caught right after getting free, it's not my concern.

Lyndworm
2011-04-29, 09:36 PM
"It's a shame that Lia got caught up in that fool's business; she would've been very helpful. I hope she makes it out OK." Kal expresses concern, but he does not slow down.

Torgarn
2011-04-30, 02:05 AM
The goliath steps forward, swinging his blade in a mighty arc slamming it into the troll.

Troll takes 21 damage

Drewski
2011-04-30, 06:58 AM
John grabs whatever he can carry(and still have a light load) and sprints in the toward the docks. (The troll will try to grapple the stall keeper and to delay him as long as possible.)

Torgarn
2011-04-30, 09:16 AM
John: As you run away, the goliath wrestles the skeleton to the ground and with a swing of his blade pulverizes it's skull into dust. The guardsmen have arrived and accompanied by them he sets out after you.

Everyone else: You arrive at the harbor, several large iron-bound ships sit in the harbor, a smaller three masted ship sits nearby. There are three ships with a single mast, along with numerous rowboats.

Iun
2011-04-30, 09:56 AM
Lia takes a quick look at what's available before she decides.

"Unless your ship is among these I think we should try this one," she says to Kal pointing at the pinnace.

Torgarn
2011-04-30, 09:59 AM
FYI it's not there

Jallorn
2011-04-30, 11:51 AM
That one looks like the best, Kezik moves towards the Pinnance, checking for dock workers.

Drewski
2011-04-30, 12:10 PM
John, summons two human skeletons and continues to run. The skeletons will continue with him.

Lyndworm
2011-04-30, 02:02 PM
"The Pinnance is a good choice, indeed." Kal looks around for any signs of activity.

Listen:
[roll0]

Search:
[roll1]

Spot:
[roll2]

Torgarn
2011-04-30, 02:09 PM
The dockworkers appear to have scattered after hearing the alarm still blaring from the prison.

Lyndworm
2011-04-30, 02:12 PM
Returning from his quick scouting trip, Kal says "It appears that we're all alone, here. Shall we commandeer ourselves this fine vessel, Kezik?"

Jallorn
2011-04-30, 02:31 PM
It certainly sounds like a fine idea to me.

Iun
2011-04-30, 03:01 PM
"I don't think we have much time," Lia says worriedly as she looks back to see just how much trouble John has coming after him. "This would probably be a good time to tell you that I'm not that good when it comes to the actual sailing thing, so if you want me to help you'll have to tell me exactly how."

Lyndworm
2011-04-30, 03:06 PM
Kal looks at the woman a little strangely, as if she'd just grown another eye. "I've never known anyone as pleasant as you that couldn't sail... You're still welcome aboard my ship any time, but this here is a collaborative effort, and you'll be expected to pull your own weight. That said, I certainly don't mind giving you a hand here and there." Kal starts moving towards the Pinnance.

Iun
2011-04-30, 03:20 PM
You think you can see Lia blush a little, but it's hard to say with all the dirt still on her. "Oh don't worry, I'll pull my weight a dozen times over; I'm actually quite good with ships themselves, just not the handling part. And do you remember what I did with some scrap metal back in prison?", she asks as she walks beside Kal. "Think what I can do with material that's actually decent."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-04-30, 07:51 PM
Steven checks out the ship. "I was a cabin boy up until I got enlisted as the cook, so I don't actually know much about sailing, also. Though I can cook some grub right up!"

Bad Situation
2011-04-30, 08:43 PM
"Just tell me what you need dead. It is all I am good for these days," he says, lining up the barrel of the pistol with the distant marketplace.

Jallorn
2011-04-30, 08:47 PM
Maybe we'd be better off with one of the rowboats, Kezik jokes.

OOC @ Bad Situation: I think we're a bit of a ways away from the Goliath now.

Torgarn
2011-05-01, 02:10 PM
John: You come to a blockade, set up by the guards blocking your way to the docks.

Drewski
2011-05-01, 03:03 PM
John, stops running and has his minions charge the blockade. If he can see any guards he starts to chant.
If there is a single guard he uses Doom, if there are multiple guards he uses Scare.

Lyndworm
2011-05-02, 10:41 AM
Not without a little guilt, Kal begins readying the ship. Shouting order, the short, exotic man clearly know what he's doing.

Profession (Sailor):
[roll0]

Without anything rushing hem, Kal and I would be happy to take 10.

Torgarn
2011-05-02, 12:33 PM
You have several tasks before you before the ship will be ready to sail, you will need to unfurl the sails, raise the anchor, set the rudder, and raise the gangplank.

John: The guards scatter in fear running from you and leaving the barricade unmanned.

Jallorn
2011-05-02, 12:36 PM
Kezik immediately leaps into action, readying the ship to make sail.

Profession (Sailor): [roll]1d20+9

Drewski
2011-05-02, 02:35 PM
John hops the barricade and sends his minions after the fleeing gaurds. He continues to the docks.

Iun
2011-05-02, 02:46 PM
Lia follows Kal's orders to the point, quickly jumping (literally) from place to place - wherever she is needed.

Parasyn
2011-05-02, 05:33 PM
Janiries immediately scampers into the rigging to unfurl the sail.

Climb
[roll0]

Profession (Sailor)
[roll1]

Torgarn
2011-05-02, 08:23 PM
John: You arrive at the harbor to see a ship manned by your fellow prisoners, anchor raised it is starting to move.

Everyone else: As the ship begins to move, you see the prisoner who robbed the goliath come barreling down a side street.

Drewski
2011-05-02, 08:40 PM
John takes out his Pit and tosses whatever he stole into the pit. Then he sprints to the ship. He calls out "Thanks for waiting for me! What were you guys going to do without a ship's doctor! Toss me down a rope!"

Lyndworm
2011-05-02, 08:59 PM
Kal hesitates a moment, but throws the man a rope. Helping him climb up, the kaliskan says "You're lucky you're useful, or I'd have left you. If I can't trust you not to risk your own life, how can I trust you not to risk mine?"

Aid Another - Climb:
[roll0]

Bad Situation
2011-05-02, 09:16 PM
Lucien stands around kicking his feet idly. Perhaps the ship drills back at the academy had been important after all. Feeling useless on the deck, Lucien scampers up to the crow's nest.

"I'll keep watch."

Drewski
2011-05-02, 09:17 PM
John starts to climb. "Atlest it wasn't unnessary, I needed the silk for bandages."
Climb rolls
[roll0]

Torgarn
2011-05-02, 10:20 PM
As you board the ship, the guards and goliath reach the pier. Seeing that you are escaping the goliath does a quick spin for momentum, then releases his sword. It rockets towards the ship crashing through the side, and making a large hole. Hah, I hope you drown he shouts at you as you pick up speed.

Jallorn
2011-05-02, 10:28 PM
Irritated, Kezik releases another blast of energy, but this one screams horribly as it travels through the air towards the goliath.

Frightful Blast:DC 15 Will save or shaken
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Torgarn
2011-05-02, 10:31 PM
Laughing at you the goliath turns around and begins walking back to his stand. The guards, realizing they wont be able to catch you decide to focus on rounding up the other prisoners and leave the port.

Jallorn
2011-05-02, 10:34 PM
If we're already outside of throwing range, ignore this.

As a last measure to ensure this incident won't soon be forgotten and to make sure they aren't followed too quickly, Kezik reaches into his bag and pulls out a bottle. Picked this up a few days ago, watch. Tossing it at the dock, Kezik turns and resumes managing the ship as needed while the dock starts to catch on fire behind them.

Tossing an Alchemist's Fire bottle at the dock.

Lyndworm
2011-05-02, 10:40 PM
"And I hope you liked that sword!" shouts Kal right before Kezik's strange bolt of energy is launched. "Now, does anyone know how to fix the ship? The wound doesn't appear sever, but if we hit some rough water you'll be wishing we fixed it. Lia, didn't you say you knew something about repairs?"

Iun
2011-05-03, 02:29 AM
"Sure do," Lia shouts, already binding a rope around herself. "I just need someone to let me down so I can fix it from the outside."

Lyndworm
2011-05-03, 02:36 AM
"I'm not as strong as I look or I'd help. Maybe somebody else would be kind enough to help you help us not sink."

Torgarn
2011-05-03, 02:47 AM
The burly prisoner from earlier steps out from a hatch nearby. I can help with that if you would like. he says nonchalantly.

Iun
2011-05-03, 03:17 AM
"Please do. And while I take a look I need someone to fetch me some stuff: I'll probably need a hammer, nails, and a crowbar. Wood planks and tar would be really great, if you can find them."

When Lia is halfway down to the damaged section, she adds: "Oh, and could someone please take Hugo below deck so he can help me from the inside?"

I'm already rolling some stuff now, so I now what to write later:
Climb: [roll0], to maneuver efficiently along the hull while hanging from a rope
Craft (Shipwright): [roll1]
Craft (Shipwirght): [roll2]
for the repairs (add +2 for Hugo's aid, if he can reach the damaged section from the inside)

Drewski
2011-05-03, 08:45 AM
"I'll take down the monkey. You guys wouldn't mind if I set up a small infirmary would you?"

Lyndworm
2011-05-03, 09:43 AM
"You may as well. Worst case scenario is we don't use it, which means no one gets hurt. I can certainly live with that."

Jallorn
2011-05-03, 10:06 AM
Kezik moves around the ship, checking supplies, making sure there are no unexpected passenegers, and surveying the "crew" to see who got on board.

Sense Motive to get a read on the crew members: [roll0]

Torgarn
2011-05-03, 11:56 AM
The burly man lowers Lia down to the hole, ties off the rope to the rail and calls out, Let me know when you are ready to be pulled back up. Kezik discovers that there is a small store of dried foods ad fresh water. He also discovers that the only area for crew to rest is a small, somewhat cramped cabin with several bunks.

Drewski
2011-05-03, 03:01 PM
Down in the hold of the ship John finds the damaged area of the ship. He heaves the sword out of the way as carefully as possible. He then attempts to find some rope so he can get to the bottom of his pit.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-05-03, 07:02 PM
Steven climbs down into the hold, and immediately begins looking for any sort of cooking equipment aboard.

Search; [roll0]

Parasyn
2011-05-03, 09:38 PM
Janiries climbs down from the rigging and takes the tiller.
So, Where too?

1d20+12

Bad Situation
2011-05-03, 10:07 PM
Lucien regards the dark elf calmly, but does not remove himself. "I am quite all right up here, thanks."

[roll0] - Spot

Parasyn
2011-05-03, 11:27 PM
Messed up on the roll

Profession (Sailor)
[roll0]

Iun
2011-05-04, 02:34 AM
"Uh, guys? Without any tools this is going to be really hard to fix! Just sayin'..."

Lyndworm
2011-05-04, 02:49 AM
"Thanks for the update. Next time I escape from prison I'll be sure to grab a repair kit on my way out." Kal shouts over the edge of the boat. After that bit of good-natured ribbing, he goes off to find anything that may help Lia.

Search:
[roll0]

Given that Kal seems to have a good amount of time on his hands, he'd be likely to take 20 if possible, 10 if not. If for some reason I'm forgetting something, I've rolled just in case.

Torgarn
2011-05-04, 07:00 AM
Kal finds a small set of shipwright's tools. Steven finds some small pots and pans.

Lyndworm
2011-05-04, 01:49 PM
A moment later, Kal returns to the deck and lowers the tools down to Lia on a rope. "I'll freely admit that you probably know more about this tan I do, but these should help considerably."

After making sure that Lia's all set to begin her repairs, Kal attempts to strike up a conversation with the hulking inmate. "That was good work you did back in that prison shack, and you've performed admirably since then. Tell me, friend, what do they call you?"

Drewski
2011-05-04, 03:18 PM
John desends into his Pit (by rope) and looks over what he stole.
Appraise checks
[roll0] For the Shivs
[roll1] For the Chain mail
[roll2] For the Lockpicking set
[roll3] For what ever I stole from the stand

Iun
2011-05-04, 03:25 PM
"Yes, that'll do for a bit of patching up, thanks!"

Lia immediately gets to work, letting Hugo gather the broken pieces of wood that should lie around near the hole inside the ship, and using those to make the breach as small as possible, so she can later seal it with tar.

rolls, see other post

Halna LeGavilk
2011-05-04, 06:36 PM
Steven sighs. "Idiots probably didn't have a good cook." He sets off in search of a galley. When he finds one, he quickly sets out for his craft, cooking up a small meal.

Profession: Cook [roll0]

Bad Situation
2011-05-04, 11:26 PM
Lucien watched the sailors down below, taking in what he could. He couldn't very well stay in the crow's nest forever, they would accuse him of not pulling his own weight. He would learn.

Probably.

Torgarn
2011-05-05, 01:17 AM
Names Faren Orlam, jack of all trades and master of one. At your service. The man gives a curt half-bow.

Lyndworm
2011-05-05, 01:21 AM
Kal gives a respectful nod and pantomimes tipping his nonexistent hat. "Master, eh? What one might that be, my oversized chum?"

Torgarn
2011-05-05, 01:28 AM
Why, acting, if you must know. I'm also a fair hand at sailing, stealing, and certainly handy in a brawl. the man says grinning widely.

Lyndworm
2011-05-05, 01:32 AM
"Ah! Yes, I should've known after that stunt in the prison break. Well, it's good to have you here, Faren. You've already proved that you're a worthy addition, and I look forward to having you aboard. Have you any plans for after we lie low a few days?"

Torgarn
2011-05-05, 01:46 AM
Indeed I do. I happen to be a free agent of the Shade King. He sends me out on hunts for lost treasures and ancient civilizations. I was commissioned to find a crew to help me to seek out the lost treasure of the Garsoth pirates. Unfortunately I was imprisoned, then you guys came along. It seems you are just the sort of people I was looking though, fortune hasn't abandoned me yet. He grins widely.

Lyndworm
2011-05-05, 01:58 AM
Kal's seemingly ever-present grin widens. "That sounds right up my alley, and I'd bet that a lot of the others don't have anything better to do. They just got out of prison, after all."

Torgarn
2011-05-05, 02:14 AM
I think we should first look to the present though, don't you. I personally plan to check the cabin for any charts and maps. Without them we are simply adrift at sea, with no idea where to go.

Lyndworm
2011-05-05, 02:19 AM
"A good idea, to be sure. I feel no pressing urgency, but there's no time like the present. I'll join you in your search." Kal heads to the cabin with Faren.

Search:
[roll0]

Torgarn
2011-05-05, 02:21 AM
Kal finds the carts as they rummage through the junk in the cabin.

Lyndworm
2011-05-05, 02:42 AM
Kal takes a moment to make heads or tails of the charts.

Knowledge (Geography):
[roll0]

Torgarn
2011-05-05, 10:27 AM
Several of the charts are beyond your ken, though several seem to lead to the port you just left ant to Harkash and Perath, the largest port cities on the opposite continents. You also manage to decipher a map that appears to point to a small hidden island stronghold.

Lyndworm
2011-05-05, 11:15 AM
Kal taps one of the maps rapidly, but in a subdued fashion. "This island looks promising. It appears hidden, but whoever owned this boat likely knows it's there, and they could tell the jailers. Still, it's very defensible and a great place to catch our bearings and make an actual plan, maybe stock up on supplies."

Torgarn
2011-05-05, 12:21 PM
Faren walks over and takes a look, Aye 'tis a promising looking port, and one where we may as well stop for a bit to gain our bearings, and of course to get some more permanent repairs done on this ship.

Lia: You finish your temporary repairs, slapping together a patch of iron and wood.

Iun
2011-05-05, 12:32 PM
"Not pretty, but at least watertight - somewhat," Lia says to herself while she climbs back up. Once she has untied herself she picks up Hugo and looks for a bit of space that might be turned into a workshop; maybe she is even lucky enough to be on a ship that has it's own smithy.
Once she's found somewhere suitable she leaves Hugo there and goes looking for the ship's tar and wood stashes.

Taking ten on any rolls that might be necessary.

Torgarn
2011-05-05, 12:44 PM
Lia: You find that the ship has very minimal supplies in tar and wood, it was likely being stocked when you stole it. A single barrel of tar, and a single crate of wood are all you find.

Iun
2011-05-05, 01:26 PM
Having found what she was looking for Lia goes looking for Kal.
"I fixed the hole, for now, and I'm gonna do some more repairs later. Do you need me for anything else?"

Lyndworm
2011-05-05, 01:31 PM
"Actually, that's quite the perfect timing. Would you mind gathering the others? I've been looking over these charts and I think I know where we're headed." Kal smiles broadly at the craftswoman, and holds up the chart with the secret island on it. "We're going on an adventure!"

Iun
2011-05-05, 02:01 PM
Lia smiles back in a questioning sort of way.
"Sure thing. Don't know if they'll all be showing that much enthusiasm, though."
And so she turns around and assembles (or at least tries to) the others.

She decides to start with Lucien, climbing up to him with so much speed and little effort that it looks like she is simply running up through he air.
"Sorry to bother you, but Kal has found something interesting and needs everyone on deck."

Next stop is Janiries: "Hey there, Kal's sending me, I think he has some directions for our next stop."

Following the smell below deck she finds Steven after a bit of searching:
"Ooh, that smells great, I have to get me some later. Kal needs everyone on deck; said something about an adventure."

On her way down Lia stumbles upon Kezik:
"Everything in order? I'm supposed to tell you that Kal has found a map and wants you on deck."

After a more lengthy search she finally finds John's hideout:
"Umm, nice place, I guess. Do you have a minute? Kal's found a treasure map and now needs everyone on deck."

After having notified anyone else she can find, she takes a moment in a quiet part of the ship to finally get rid of her prison garb and back into her normal clothes: blood red of extremely fine making, complete with bandana, but still shoe-less.
Once she is done dressing and cleaning up as good as possible, Lia actually looks quite the pirate wench. And pretty, too.

Back to Kal.
"I think I got everyone. They should be waiting outside."

Drewski
2011-05-05, 05:09 PM
"I'll be up in a minute, I'm trying to figure out what I stole. You wouldn't happen to know if this stuff has any real value, would you?"

Jallorn
2011-05-05, 05:21 PM
Kezik follows Lia up, I found some food and water, but I didn't get a chance to figure out how long it'll last. I hope you've found a nearby port though, because it won't last that long.

Iun
2011-05-06, 02:05 AM
@John: "I can take a look later, if you like."

@Kezik: "I haven't seen the map myself, yet, but Kal seemed pretty happy about it."

Drewski
2011-05-08, 08:47 AM
John heads topside to check out whatever Kal found.

Lyndworm
2011-05-08, 12:05 PM
Kal, standing on the deck, now, looks over the gathered crew. "First, I'd like to commend you all on a smooth breakout. It wasn't the best I've ever seen, but it was fun and no one important got hurt! Second, my friend Faren, here and I have been looking over some charts we found; it seems that there's a well-fortified, little-known, island stronghold not too far away. He and I agree that this seems a promising location to get our bearings and to repair the ship, and maybe even stock up on supplies. Any objections?"

Jallorn
2011-05-08, 12:59 PM
Considering I've never heard of this port, it sounds good to me.

Bad Situation
2011-05-08, 01:11 PM
Now dressed in his own clothing, Lucien looked every bit the nobleman he used to be, if a bit ragged.

"As far as the port is concerned, the further away it is from the machinations of court, the better."

"However, while I've no qualms to your leadership, what exactly do you plan to do with this crew?"

Drewski
2011-05-08, 02:45 PM
I'm fine with that plan, but I'm not sure everyone knows who is who. On that note, I'm John, Ship Doc and "Crew Supplier".

Lyndworm
2011-05-08, 04:01 PM
"You have signed no papers, sworn no allegiance. You are free to go whenever you wish, Lucien. You all are. I suggest waiting for dry land, but your tastes may run wetter than mine. That said, my personal plan is hazy at the moment. I just escaped from prison, too, you know. Faren and I have been talking, and it seems he may have some work for us, if you're up to it. To be specific, he has something of a treasure map he'd like us to help him follow."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-05-08, 09:05 PM
Steven shrugs. "As long as he isn't planning on using us as cannon fodder in some crazy treasure scheme." He then waves around a wooden spoon. "Also, grubs up, for anyone who wants some. It's not very good, just dried rations, spiced up a bit, so if any of you wants better food, I'd chip in some money for it."

Jallorn
2011-05-08, 09:09 PM
Oh, before I forget, when this is done, I'd like to talk to everyone about their tactical skills. If Kal's the captain, I'll be his First Mate, which means I need to know the crew. Of course, I already know what you can do Kal, so you don't need to hang around.

Torgarn
2011-05-08, 10:36 PM
Well tis not truly a map per say, I know where to locate a map leading to the lost treasure of the Garsoth pirates, but getting it will be difficult. Our immediate future would likely be better spent finding somewhere to set up camp, fortunately, as Kal has said, he seems to have found a lovely chart leading to a island that will likely suit our purpose.

Iun
2011-05-09, 02:48 PM
"Well I certainly have nowhere else to be, so let's get on our way; I'm not too comfortable with my patchwork of that crazy merchant's parting gift."
Lia thinks for a moment before she adds: "And I think we should make the captaincy official. Anyone in favor for Kal as captain say 'Aye'."

Drewski
2011-05-09, 03:04 PM
"Agreed, So long as we all get an equal share of anything we find as a team."

Lyndworm
2011-05-09, 04:11 PM
Surprised, Kal chirps in. "I can guarantee that anyone who does his duty will get his fair share; or hers, as the case may be. As long as I am captain, we are one crew, and we all get the goods. That being said, cross any of us and I'll feed your waste-of-meat carcass to the sharks myself."

Bad Situation
2011-05-09, 05:30 PM
Lucien found this acceptable and silently nodded in agreement. "So long as you keep your interests out of my own I think this arrangement will work out just fine."

Parasyn
2011-05-09, 06:25 PM
"Janiries Falconsflight, Boarder and melee combat expert. Also a fair hand on a ship. This sounds like a great business opportunity i am looking forward to working with everyone."

"Steven, it has been too long since I had some of your cooking."

Janiries heads to the kitchen to get some food.

Edit: about kal for captain "Aye"

Halna LeGavilk
2011-05-10, 12:02 PM
You hear a faint "Aye!" from the galley, as Steven had retreated back to his cooking.

Jallorn
2011-05-10, 12:20 PM
Can't follow instructions, Kezik sighs as the two leave before they're finished, Fine, forget I said anything about tactics I'll meet you individually. Probably a better idea so that we can keep the ship together and moving.

Iun
2011-05-10, 04:48 PM
"Well that seems settled, then...", Lia mutters to herself, slightly confused, and heads below deck to prepare the tar. When she overhears Kezik she turns around again.
"Can you do me first? I still need to improve the hole situation and it might be a bit difficult to discuss anything while I do that."

Jallorn
2011-05-10, 05:14 PM
Fine, Kezik says to Lia, I want you to understand this, Kal may trust you, but I don't. Don't do anything stupid or go looking for trouble, I'm watching. He then goes to each of the other crew mates and repeats his message. He is polite and non-threatening, but also clear and forceful.

Iun
2011-05-10, 05:25 PM
"Uh," Lia seems a bit surprised. "I suppose that's always good advice, but didn't you say something about tactics?"

Jallorn
2011-05-10, 05:28 PM
No, that was all. And don't ask why, I have my reasons.

Iun
2011-05-10, 05:37 PM
"Fair enough, I guess."

---

Lia will now prepare some of the tar and seal the repaired part of the hull with it from the inside. Once she is done she will make herself familiar with the ship's layout to establish a small workshop in a part of the ship that is quiet and well suited.
If everything remains uneventful she will then begin the research project that had popped up in her head during the initial repairs.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-05-11, 11:10 AM
Steven eyes Kezik as he talks. "I board the enemy ship, hide, then kill stuff. I also open locks and disarm traps, and I cook, as you can tell.

Look, I neither know nor trust you. I voted you captain because I can't lead people myself and Janiries is a bit.... forceful to be leading anybody. Not that I think you'll kill us or nothing, but I just don't want you getting uppity or nothing."

Jallorn
2011-05-11, 01:16 PM
No, that's not how it works. I got you out of jail, and I'm the only one who doesn't have a history of crime, although admittedly that is likely to change in the future. The point is that I am the most trustworthy person on this ship, and I trust Kal. Therefore, you have to prove to me that you can be trusted, it's not an issue of uppityness. Now I'd like this to be a good peaceful relationship, and this little talk wasn't meant to be a threat, but a warning, that if you've got anything planned, I'm not as trusting as Kal.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-05-12, 11:20 AM
Steven laughs. "I didn't say you had to trust me. I just make your food, is all." Steven turns back to the food. "As far as trustworthiness goes, your 'lack' of criminal experience makes you less trustworthy. Pirates," he says while slamming a knife into a vegetable, tearing it apart, "have their own special little code of honor. Furthermore, there isn't any difference between a warning and a threat on the part of the one being 'warned'." He finishes cutting the vegetable and pushes it off the side. "And, I've noticed, the more you 'warn' pirates, the more likely they are to disregard your warning. Not that I would, I'm just a lowly cook."

If Kezik continues talking to him, Steven just grunts and continues chopping the rations into fine bits.

Torgarn
2011-05-12, 12:57 PM
Kal, you might want to reign your friend in. He started a prison breakout, many people likely died, he's no better than any of us here.

Lyndworm
2011-05-12, 01:41 PM
"Of course he's not. He's certainly no better than me, and I don't consider myself better than any of you; not until any of you prove otherwise, at least. I'll have a talk with him, see what's going on in that hairy head of his." Kal wanders off to find Kezik.

Drewski
2011-05-12, 03:12 PM
After setting up his "quarters" John makes his way to Lia. If she is done he asks, "You said you would take a look at this chain mail and the sword before right? I thought you might want to have it on hand. I also brought the silk I grabbed as a sign of goodwill." The whole speech is said with a smile.

Iun
2011-05-12, 03:55 PM
Lia has just finished applying the tar and is in the process of cleaning her hands when John approaches her.
"Oh, thank you," she says, smiling back. "I kinda chickened out after the goliath merchant turned out to be crazy; this will come in handy with my work on imbuing bandages with healing powers - I think something like that would be way more practical than potions when it comes to combat situations. Thanks again, and if you could bring everything to my 'workshop' ", she says cheerily and describes the area of the ship she plans to convert for her use, "I will have a close look and tell you what it's worth."

Drewski
2011-05-12, 05:04 PM
"You could do that?!?! I don't suppose I could have a couple of them when your done could I?"

Iun
2011-05-12, 05:13 PM
Lia blushes a little. "I'm quite handy with these kinda things. Not quite sure though when I can get my hands on the other stuff I need, but since you provided the silk you can have some of the first batch."

"Free of charge," she adds after a moment, as if not quite certain whether or not that goes without saying on a ship full of ex-convicts.

Bad Situation
2011-05-12, 05:59 PM
Lucien flittered about the ship, looking for something, anything to do.

Bad Situation
2011-05-12, 06:07 PM
Edit: Double post.

Torgarn
2011-05-15, 07:59 PM
After several days of travel, you see an island on the horizon, covered in lush forest. There appear to be a small mountain rising from the center of the island. There is a beautiful white beach lining the shore.

Bad Situation
2011-05-15, 09:09 PM
"...it's only a model..." Lucien mutters to himself.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-05-16, 11:10 AM
Steven cleans his crossbow off. "Is anyone here any good at hunting? I'd like to hunt for some of our food, as well as gather, first thing off the bat."

Lyndworm
2011-05-16, 11:24 AM
"I'm good at sneaking... That's pretty much the same thing, right?" Kal responds swiftly.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-05-16, 11:26 AM
Steven shrugs. "I... suppose? I mean, I'd assume that that is true."

Iun
2011-05-16, 02:52 PM
Lia rarely left her part of the ship during the voyage. The only life signs from her consisted of hammering, a few curses, and lots of talking (to Hugo or herself, you couldn't be sure).

So it's no surprise that she completely fails to notice the arrival at their destination; even after the ship comes to a halt she keeps working.

Jallorn
2011-05-16, 02:58 PM
Kezik does his best to keep things in order, making sure to keep an eye out for everyone. He's still suspicious of the crew, but he's also quite friendly and polite to them, they are slowly earning his trust. For his part, Kezik does his best to smooth things over with those who took his message the wrong way, but he knows better than to push the issue.

Iun
2011-05-18, 09:48 AM
In the end Lia can't fail to notice that the ship has come to a halt, as immersed in her work as she is. Assuming they have arrived at their destination she takes along anything she might need and goes looking for Kal.

"Nice little island, cap'n. Can I be on the first scouting party?", she asks with a smile, slightly puppy-eyed. "I could use a good walk right now."

Torgarn
2011-05-18, 09:53 AM
This is likely the island on the chart, I suggest we circle it to get a good idea of it's layout.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-05-18, 11:00 AM
"Well, let's try and find a nice natural bay or somesuch, to help hide us."

Lyndworm
2011-05-18, 12:56 PM
"I'm sorry, Lia, but I don't think we'll be hitting the shore just yet." Kal turns to Steven and says "I must agree with Faren, I'm afraid. A quick circle around an island this small is worth far more in peace of mind than it is in time."

Bad Situation
2011-05-18, 04:49 PM
"And at any rate, it will give the crew time to prepare for arrival."

Jallorn
2011-05-18, 05:02 PM
Us. It will give us time to prepare for arrival.

Iun
2011-05-18, 05:10 PM
"Well, I suppose it's the prudent thing to do, at any rate," Lia says disappointedly. "I'll be enjoying the view, then."

Lia resigns herself to watch he tour around the island from somewhere in the rigging.

Torgarn
2011-05-19, 08:37 PM
As you circle around the island you discover that the entirety of the coast is covered in the white sand that you saw as you approached. A small bay appears to have a rundown dock.

Drewski
2011-05-19, 10:28 PM
John climbs to deck and tries to see anything on the shore near the dock.

Spot
[roll0]

Parasyn
2011-05-19, 10:41 PM
Janiries stands on deck and goes through all her equipment, checking and double checking.

"Landing party?"

Torgarn
2011-05-20, 12:31 AM
Seems as good a place to lay anchor as any.

John notices something glinting underneath the dock itslef, laying in the water.

Bad Situation
2011-05-20, 01:05 AM
From his spot on the deck, Lucien scanned the nearby shore, polishing his gun all the while.

[roll0] - Spot

Iun
2011-05-20, 03:45 AM
Lia has apparently dozed off somewhere during the short trip around the island, and is now hanging in the ropes, sunbathing.

Lyndworm
2011-05-20, 10:54 AM
Kal looks around both the island and the ship. "Lia, where'd you get off to, now? Well, I know she's a volunteer, do we have any others for a landing party?"

Spot:
[roll0]

Drewski
2011-05-20, 11:14 AM
"I'll pass on a landing party, but when you go there looks to be something under the dock. Better check it out."

I'm going to away from the internet this weekend so if something happens just NPC me.

Torgarn
2011-05-20, 11:35 AM
I'd be interested in going ashore, I can't do much useful here on the ship when we aren't moving.

Only John was able to spot the flashing under the docks, the rest of you just see a fairly normal, though rundown, dock.

Jallorn
2011-05-20, 12:23 PM
I'll go, you know me, good with people.

Iun
2011-05-20, 01:13 PM
"So, finally there, are we?", Lia asks as she lands from her jump down to the deck. "If we stay here longer that 'dock' really needs a makeover, but I don't see anything in the water," she adds after taking a look at the bay. "Would somebody be so nice and point it out to me?"

Parasyn
2011-05-21, 11:14 AM
"I'm itching for a bit of fun, count me in."

Lyndworm
2011-05-21, 01:56 PM
"That's Lia, Kezik, Janiries, and myself. Anyone else?"

Bad Situation
2011-05-21, 03:13 PM
"I would be interested in stretching my legs if you don't mind."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-05-21, 10:41 PM
"If everyone else is going, I think I'll stay behind to guard the ship."

Torgarn
2011-05-23, 02:46 AM
Then let's get a move on.

Lyndworm
2011-05-23, 10:27 AM
"I agree. Time's wasting away, here."

Iun
2011-05-25, 05:57 AM
"Uh, okay, if nobody wants to take the lead, here we go", Lia says uncertainly and takes a dramatic point-the-finger-onwards pose. "Follow me!"

With that she is off toward the island.

I'm a bit unsure if the docks are big enough for the ship and we can just hop off or if we must take a boat, so just assume Lia takes the appropriate action.

Bad Situation
2011-05-25, 07:55 AM
"Peppy little thing aren't you?" Regardless, Lucien does indeed follow.

Iun
2011-05-25, 01:13 PM
"Always", Lia looks back and grins broadly. "It also helps getting stuff done; especially with this crew, it seems."

Torgarn
2011-05-26, 12:55 AM
Someone wanna help me with the anchor. I don't think we want the ship drifting off.

Drewski
2011-05-31, 06:55 PM
"Here I'll do it now go do some scouting!"
John either does it alone or he summons a troll skeleton to do it.

Torgarn
2011-06-03, 12:42 PM
As you dock you hear a mournful howling rise from the center of the island.

Lyndworm
2011-06-03, 12:47 PM
Leaving the ship, Kal says "Well that can't be a good sign."

OoC:
Shiny = Silver
Howling = Werewolves

The werewolves got rid of all the silver so it couldn't be used against them. Now it sits in the water, corroding and becoming useless. Just a guess.

Parasyn
2011-06-03, 06:08 PM
"That sounds interesting, we'll have to keep an eye out, but let's press on shall we?"