PDA

View Full Version : The Adventurers' Tale [IC]



Locklear
2011-04-26, 11:06 AM
The town of Elmsbridge is one of the farthest North towns in the region. It has been a vital trading partner for most of the region for a long while now and has always been happy to send aid when it has been called upon by it's allies. It has never before asked for help and as such it comes as a surprise to you to be called to such a far away location on such short notice.

You travel by yourself along the road in a heavy mist, thinking of the town ahead and why you have been chosen for this journey. Occasionally a messenger from the crafting guilds a far off town will ride past you the road and stop briefly to ask you for directions, then hurry on ahead.

OOC

You now have a chance to "conveniently" run into each other in the mist. Feel free to be as cliché as you like!

Demonicheart
2011-04-26, 01:17 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Dear Father,

By the time you read this letter, I'll most likely be several miles away. I feel I must explain my actions in full so I have spent many nights trying to choose my words. I've enjoyed every waking moment I have spent with you. I really do not deserve such a loving father. You made me feel like I could truly make something of myself with your praise of my archery skills. Still, I don't think I would be happy being just a trapper.

I want to do what Darian, my brother, was supposed to do. I want to make this world a better place for his sake and my own. I also want closure. Every day, I think about that necromancer who took him away from us. The fact that he is still out there somewhere ruining other lives like he did ours fills me with rage. Justice needs to be done and Pelor willing I wish to be there to see it is done myself.

I know you would try to stop me and say I am only going to get myself killed. That is part of the reason I wrote this note. I love you too much and fear you would succeed at convincing me to stay. I ask that you forgive your cowardly, foolish daughter for doing this. Despite my rage, I will be careful. It is very clear to me that fighting him now with my mediocre skills really would be suicide. That is why I left, so I will become stronger. I am going to start my new path in Elmsbridge. Please take care of yourself.

Your self-centered daughter
Austine Claire

P.S. Please go visit Mother and tell her of my plans. Be honest with her and admit that you miss her just as much as I do. Tell her that I love her very much.

One wouldn't know it simply by looking at her, but Austine was tearing herself up on the inside as she thought back on her actions. Some deep part of her felt ashamed at what she was doing. She felt like a notorious pickpocket trying to avoid the city guards, There were better ways to do this than simply adding a few deep sleeping herbs in father's ale, writing a letter and running off without even a goodbye. This isn't what Darian would have done...he would have stood tall, told father what he wished to do to his face...but...I...I'm not Darian. I'm not even as strong as he was. Not yet...I just...

The dark red haired woman was pulled from her thoughts by a tug against her body. She blinked her brown eyes in surprise when she noticed a low tree branch near the road had caught itself on the bow slung over her back. The young ranger was so lost in herself that she paid the tree no mind till it stopped her walking. The heavy mist certainly didn't do her any favors either. Austine sighed as she attempted to free herself from the nearby tree, "...haven't even reached Elmsbridge yet and the plant-life alone is catching me off-guard...this certainly doesn't bode well for my ability to assist..." For the time being she assumed she was alone on the road and could complain in peace. Still, with the mist all around, she was hardly able to see anyone approach and it was entirely possible that someone heard the put down of her own prowess.

Demonicheart
2011-04-28, 03:39 PM
Austine freed herself from the tree with a little trouble and took a moment to make sure her bowstring was in decent condition. She knew that one rough pull would ruin her weapon but she was concerned none the less. The dark red haired woman was silently glad that the mist was around. She would have been a bit embarrassed to be stopped by a plant. Still, the event did bring to light a small problem, ...I need to focus. I can't worry about what I did. This is the path I have chosen. Satisfied that her bow was still in working order, the young woman continued down the path.

Occasionally, her brown eyes gazed off the beaten road. The thought of a quick hunt entered her mind. It would go a long way towards settling her nerves about this journey if she could prove her competency. Still, lingering doubt crept in, I...really shouldn't be wasting time with simple hunting. Yes, I can do it but...maybe I should just quicken my pace to Elmsbridge. The mist would make any hunt difficult anyway. Besides...I'm not sure dad isn't trying to catch up with me...I shouldn't have told him where I was going but... Austine briefly rubbed the center of her nose and willed her mind to quiet down. There was no mistaking the fact that she was nervous. She really would be of no use to Elmbridge in this state. One hour. That's all I'll take before continuing on. If nothing else, it will give me something to focus on.

Austine let her bow casually fall of her right shoulder and into her waiting palm. With her weapon ready, she briefly left the road in search of game. She had little hope nor desire to hunt anything big like a bear or a deer. A rabbit or badger would suit her just fine. Austine reasoned that it would be beneficial for her to forage for her own food rather than dig into her dried rations. She could scarcely afford to buy any more and maybe she could find someone in Elmbridge who could use the skin. Regardless of success or failure, she felt a little more comfortable now.

However, as the minutes passed. Her hope of actually finding anything suitable waned. The fog was making her hunt difficult. She was already resigning herself to returning to the road empty-handed, ...Trail Rations again, it seems...

I'm personally considering this a Nature: Forage check.
[roll0]

TimelordSimone
2011-04-28, 05:48 PM
Kero ~ Elf Bard

Kero walked the road to Elmsbridge unhurriedly, enjoying the solitude. The closer he got to the town, the more anxious his approach made him. He hadn't been out of the forest for very long, and towns still carried a touch of the unknown about them. Stop being such a child. You can do this. You'll never achieve anything if you just go back home. He stopped for a moment to recollect himself, before continuing along the road at a slightly quicker pace, humming to himself absent-mindedly.

KreenWarrior
2011-04-28, 05:57 PM
Riswynn trotted down the road, trying to ignore the mist. In truth, she was still a little nervous about spending so much time above ground and outdoors. Her time at the fort she was serving at had been short, and she hadn't quite acclimated to life outside the dwarven halls of her home. Lost in thought, she barely noticed the humming elf who moved next to her and nearly ran into her. "Hey! Watch where you're going!"

Locklear
2011-04-29, 07:17 AM
As Austine leaves the road, the fog seems to thicken and the ominous trees darken your path. The forest seems cold and devoid of life and after a few minutes of searching, she finds nothing to eat.

When Austine decides to head back to the road, finding nothing in the forest, she sees four mice stood stock still ahead of her by the roadside, eating scraps of food they have in their tiny hands. The mice turn to look at her quizzically and one tilts its head to one side in confusion.

TimelordSimone
2011-04-30, 05:07 PM
Kero ~ Elf Bard

Kero stumbles, startled by the dwarf, and stops walking. "Sorry, didn't see you there, fog and all." he states sincerely, gesturing vaguely at the fog around them, "You okay?"

Demonicheart
2011-04-30, 07:57 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger


How desperate am I?

That was the one question that mulled around in Austine's head when she noticed the mice by the road. They were the only bit of live game she had found at all. The idea of selling their fur was killed immediately and eating them herself wasn't far behind it. If the young ranger was actually starving and had no rations at all, the mice would have been a blessing. However, this wasn't the case. At best, she could only think of one use for the mice and that was as bait for bigger prey. Still that meant keeping them around for a little while. Austine knew trapping was sometimes a cruel profession but she never really liked the idea of saving creatures to feed to larger ones. Furthermore, the one that looked at her with a confused gaze sealed the deal.

The red haired woman slowly slung her bow back on her shoulder, Even if I did desire mouse, an arrow shot is overkill. The curious one though...he might make a good pet. Aside from the rare passing merchant, the road has been a bit more lonely than I remember...a companion wouldn't be a bad thing. She dug into her travel pack and pulled out a piece of bread. Austine broke off a small portion and put the rest away. The hide armored ranger squatted down and created a small scattering of crumbs. She then stood up again and began walking towards Elmsbridge again. She was walking backwards with her hand scattering more crumbs along her path. The ranger was trying to subtly convince at least one of the mice to follow her. She hoped for the one with the curious gaze but she didn't mind any of them. Austine barely got a few feet when she heard a male voice apologizing to someone. She blinked a bit and stopped immediately before she wound up backing up into the source of the voice. So much for loneliness on the road.

Austine turned around and made her presence known, "There are quite a few travelers today. Still, considering where the road leads, I doubt its that surprising."

Nature Check to try and tame the curious mouse.
[roll0]

Bridgar
2011-05-01, 09:48 PM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

Hunting again, Thorn was trying to forget the civilization that he was assigned to 'protect from the forces of evil' and simply let himself go. This was what he was born to do and he wasn't going to let it be ruined by thoughts of townfolk and houses. In his humanoid form, he bent low to the ground and looked closely at the tracks he was following. He hoped to follow these simple field mice until they were eaten by something much, much larger that he could eat. It would take much time but that was all right by Thorn. The more time spent hunting, the better.

Finding that the tracks were a few hours old, Thorn shifted back into a wolf to make up lost ground. He had to balance being close enough to know when the mice had been eaten, but far enough away to not alert any predators. Moving through the forest, tracking by scent alone at this point, Thorn approached closer and closer to the mice. A few times, the trail passed across a road and the heavy scent of humans and horses nearly threw off his sensitive nose. "Oh how I'd dig my teeth into the dumb beasts that leave these dung piles if I were allowed." Thorn thought, contemplating actually doing so.

As Thorn got closer to the mice, he noticed more and more prominently, the fresh scent of a lone human. Worried that his bait was about to be poached by some human hunter, Thorn sprinted out onto the road where he saw the whole scene. He bared his teeth and growled at the fair skinned, red haired huntress. "Leave them" Thorn barely got through his gritted teeth as the mice scattered.


This is assuming a lot of things. I'll modify if you want me to. Namely, they are; the ability to speak in beast form, roughly the same scent and tracking rules from 3.5, and Thorn coming in like this. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post. Darn trojan virus. :smallannoyed:

If needed, Nature check: [roll0]

Demonicheart
2011-05-02, 02:11 AM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

A chill ran down Austine's spine as she noticed what appeared to be a wolf suddenly bound onto the road. The red haired woman let her body react quicker than her mind. She dropped the bread piece she was using to lure the mice and immediately reached for her bow. It was clear from the way she handled her weapon that this wasn't the first time she had used it. She pulled out an arrow and seemed prepared for a battle if it came to it. Still even with her preparations, her mind kept screaming that there was something wrong with this scenario, What is a wolf that large doing so close to the road...just for a group of mice?! The wolf's eyes seemed far more focused than Austine had ever seen and they had a deep intelligence behind them. The voice from the wolf only confirmed the truth. ...This is not a wolf...it is someone disguised as one...

Austine lowered her weapon a little but didn't put it away just yet. Real or fake, the tone of the growl was clearly hostile. She couldn't ignore that. Austine tried her best to defuse the tense situation, "Um...if it was your intention to startle me, you succeeded. Ah...could you please not stare at me like that...it makes me nervous." A uneasy laugh escaped the young woman's lips as she took a small step back. She really hoped they wouldn't come to blows.

Bridgar
2011-05-02, 07:54 AM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

As the mice skittered into the forest, Thorn's hair on end. His back arched, ready to pounce. "You scared off my bait! What's to keep me from simply eating you, youngling?"

Locklear
2011-05-02, 10:31 AM
As Thorn growls at the human, they stand looking at each other. Austine suddenly feel a small scratching at the back of her right ankle and then tiny piercing jabs into the back of her leg, and up out of her waist and suddenly a tiny darting white figure dives into her pocket and begins to shake violently.

While you are stood there, you see another mouse run across the ground in front of the two of you and grab some of the bread laid out for it. The mouse is shortly followed by two of it's companions, each of them taking another crumb of the bread and you hear them scamper off into the forest.

Demonicheart
2011-05-02, 05:51 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Austine winced a little as she heard the 'wolf' yell about ruining his hunt. It was now painfully obvious that the mice she found were being used to attract bigger prey. However, Austine never particularly liked this type of hunting. The response that followed did little to endear her to the 'wolf'. She might have considered running if it wasn't for the sudden feel of small claws climbing up her leg. It seemed that one of the mice had decided to come to her for shelter. Even if it was merely a mouse, the presence of another being was enough to give her courage.

Her brown eyes refocused on the wolf with a renewed vigor. She was not quite as nervous as a few seconds ago, "I think you did a better job scaring them off than me. A poor hunt doesn't excuse this tone. I have nothing to apologize for and I do not like being threatened." She raised her bow again at the 'wolf' and pulled the string back, "If you attack me, I will retaliate. That is my reason for why you shouldn't press me. This is my only warning." Even as she made her declaration, Austine had no intention of killing over a simple misunderstanding and misguided rage, All I need to do is prove that I can handle myself...he should back off then and I can help with any injuries afterwards....well this isn't how I expected to start my journey at all...

Bridgar
2011-05-02, 07:03 PM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

Thorn began to slowly circle the red-haired woman, sizing her up. "I am rather hungry- and I haven't had human in a while.- I'm sure I could convince the elders that you were trying to poach me." Once Thorn finished a revolution and had ended his thinking aloud, he faked a pounce to startle the girl.

Demonicheart
2011-05-02, 08:01 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Austine prepared herself for combat and appraised her foe. To say that she wasn't concerned would have been a lie but she couldn't let that fear control her. If he stays within clawing range of me, it will be difficult to fight back. I need to keep as much distance between him and me as possible. That's the only way I'm going to win this...still, when I do move, I need to make it count... She let out a breath, "I'm not going down that easily." The red haired ranger reacted immediately when she noticed the pounce attempt. It was a fake out but it was enough to convince her to shoot her arrow towards the wolf's shoulder. Without missing a beat, she quickly drew another arrow and fired a second volley. Strangely she remained still while firing her arrows. Still, it seemed she was sacrificing quality for quantity in her shots and missing her marks.

Round Actions

Minor Action: Mark Thorn with Hunter's Quarry

Standard Action: Twin Strike (Bow Variant)
Effects: Prime Shot ~ +1 bonus to ranged attack rolls
First Attack Roll: Dexterity VS AC
[roll0]
If Hit damage: [roll1]

Second Attack Roll: Dexterity VS AC
[roll2]
If Hit damage: [roll3]

If either attacks hit, add hunter's quarry bonus damage [roll4]

Bridgar
2011-05-02, 08:30 PM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

The arrows stuck into the soft loam of the forest floor as Thorn dodged out of their path. Surging forward, he made a decisive charge at the huntress, hoping to at least frighten her out of the fight. As he sprinted towards her, for a split second, his long, soft, white fur appeared short, bristly, and brown. His fangs appeared to be tusks and his long, black nose appeared to be a short snout. Then, the split second was over and he was upon her, clawing and biting viciously.


Standard Action: Charge with Pounce as Standard Attack
[roll0] vs Reflex
[roll1] damage


Careening into the woman, Thorn dug his claws in as deep as he could before bounding backwards a foot or so, trying to remain close.

Demonicheart
2011-05-02, 09:00 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

The red haired huntress' eyes widened a little as she saw the wolf's speed. She had clearly underestimated just how quick he could be in that form. There was no time to dodge or block...yet, that wasn't the young woman's true intent as she braced herself for the blow. For the briefest of seconds, Austine was pinned under the beastial form and took a hard claw slash for her trouble. However, she curled her body up and rolled using the wolf's own attack momentum to get out from underneath him before he could do any more damage. She tumbled to her feet and let off another arrow shot from outside his claw range.

Now the battle seemed to be starting in earnest as Austine circled around, I can't take more assaults like that. Here's hoping third and fourth time's the charm... Once again, Austine was shooting two arrows practically at the same time. She was playing a rather dangerous game of chance.

Round Actions

Immediate Reaction: Fox's Cunning
Austine shifts to G0 and makes a ranged basic attack.
Effects: Prime Shot ~ +1 bonus to ranged attack rolls, Special: Wis Mod Power bonus to attack rolls
Attack Roll: Dexterity VS AC
[roll0]
If Hit damage: [roll1]
If attack hit, add hunter's quarry bonus damage (4 for this round)

New Round

Minor Action: Sustain Hunter's Quarry
Move Action: Move from G0 to F1 to F6
Standard Action: Twin Strike (Bow Variant)
First Attack Roll: Dexterity VS AC
[roll2]
If Hit damage: [roll3]

Second Attack Roll: Dexterity VS AC
[roll4]
If Hit damage: [roll5]

If either attacks hit, add hunter's quarry bonus damage [roll6]

Bridgar
2011-05-02, 09:21 PM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

As the arrows dug deep into his flesh, Thorn fell to a crumpled heap on the ground. The instant he was down, his fur began to shed off and decompose rapidly. Within a minute or so, the wolf before Austine had turned into a muscular human-like man. In his hand was a two foot length of wood, capped off with a small wolf carving. He was clad in pelts of animals that he had presumably hunted himself. He carried no weapons but his hands and feet were tipped with claws rather than nails. His long brown hair ran down his back and his face had long been unshaven. Looking closely, one could see through the scraggly facial hair that his teeth had either been filed to points or grew that way. In the state he was in, he had a helpless aspect to him but was nearly unapproachable.

Demonicheart
2011-05-02, 09:40 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Seeing that her arrows finally hit their marks, there was little doubt in her mind that the battle was over. She could feel a squirming in her pocket and it was obvious that the mouse while jarred from the acrobatics was still alive. Her eyes drifted to the wolf now turned man. Austine sighed a little, ...I can't leave him like this...maybe...helping him out will calm him down a little...besides, this fight really shouldn't have happened in the first place... Austine once again slung her bow onto her right shoulder and walked over to the unconscious shifter. She knelt down next to him and set her backpack on the road.

While Austine was not blessed by Pelor with the ability to heal others through magic, that didn't mean she had no means of helping. She learned long ago that magic wasn't the only way to solve a problem, even if it was sometimes the most expedient one. She took out a few bandages from her pack and began working on the arrow wounds she had made herself. She tried her best to deal with the more serious wounds. If things went well, he would be up again in no time at all. Whether that was a good or bad thing remained to be seen.

Heal Check to force a second wind[roll0]

Bridgar
2011-05-02, 10:02 PM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

Thorn let out a long and deep groan as he came to. His whole body ached as he tried to remember what had happened. His mind raced as he skimmed through the days spent following the mice. He remembered the huntress and cracked his eyes. The forest around him was still dark and foggy. He could barely see a figure hovering over him, doing something. He opened his eyes and tried to sit up. His muscles tensed and his rose for an instant before falling back to the ground, world reeling around him. He had seen what the figure was doing, though. Tending to his wounds. "If you're that huntress, I guess you're not all bad." Thorn got out, barely louder than a whisper.

Demonicheart
2011-05-02, 10:16 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Austine mused aloud as she heard him speak again, "I suppose that is the closest I can get to a compliment." There was no malice on her tone and just seemed like a simple statement. She continued her work at tending his wounds. It was not perfect but at least he wasn't at risk of being easy to prey to a passing predator. She couldn't help but smirk a little as she thought how this all spiraled out of control because of a group of mice. Truthfully, she had never been this close to a shifter before and fighting one proved to be a true challenge. She was half convinced that their little match could have gone either way with only a lucky blow from him and a few more misses on her end.

The red haired woman reached for her waterskin and held it close to the shifter's mouth, "Since we tried things your way for awhile...how about we switch to mine. My name is Austine, what is yours?"

Bridgar
2011-05-02, 11:07 PM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

Thorn grudgingly accepted the aid, laying still and gulping down the water. When he had had his fill, Thorn turned away from the canteen and began to speak. "I am Thorn, as I have been one to everyone since birth. My tribe exiled me as a small child, as they were starving. My colony sent me away, as I over-hunted their lands. The- 'civilized' -people call me a savage and push me away because of my appearance." Thorn turns to face Austine, solemn faced. "You don't care about that anyway, do you? You feel obliged to help me because I can stand upright like you. If I didn't shift back, you would've killed and eaten me. Admit it."

Demonicheart
2011-05-03, 06:18 AM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger
Austine listened to Thorn's tale with a mix of interest and pity. Just the origins of his name gave the young woman pause, He...has been an outcast all his life...it is a small miracle he has turned out this well all things considered... As the shifter began to question her motives, she closed her eyes and furrowed her brow a little in thought. Austine wanted to choose her words carefully, ...Be honest with yourself. It is what Darian would have done.

With a calm tone, she gave her answer, "If you were a normal wolf...yes, I likely would have just killed and eaten you. However, normal wolves wouldn't act like you or talk for that matter. That would've been enough for me to try and help you even if you didn't change back." She opened her eyes to look directly at Thorn, "I had my reasons to help you. To name a few, our fight was a misunderstanding...at least in my eyes. One of Pelor's dogmas is the show of compassion towards others...and most important to me, if my older brother were here right now, he would want me to help too...though he'd probably be annoyed I didn't try harder to talk you down."

Austine only broke his gaze briefly to put her waterskin away, "Still, that isn't the reply I want. I want to know what you want to be called. If you hate that name given to you, I won't use it." She shifted her position on the ground and sat cross-legged next to Thorn. It was clear that she wasn't planning on moving for awhile, "In any case, I can take a few minutes to wait for you to recover. As far as I know Elmsbridge isn't going anywhere and if those minutes make a difference then...there really wasn't anything I could do in the first place."

Austine is taking a short rest. She stays with Thorn for five minutes and aside from talking and sitting makes no further actions. She spends two healing surges to get back to full health.

Locklear
2011-05-03, 11:27 AM
As the Woman and the shifter sit by the roadside they hear two faint voices from further ahead a man and a woman, one of them seeming to be slightly angered. "Hey! Wa...You...g...ng!". From the white, encompassing mist you hear a second voice, quieter and lower but with a far greater clarity than the first "Sorry, didn't see you there, fog and all. You OK?"

Bridgar
2011-05-03, 04:41 PM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

Thorn tried to the best of his abilities to crane his neck to see the source of the noise. Laying still for a second and then making up his mind, he quickly grew long, white fur and tried to stand up on all fours. Stumbling at first, he walked as a wolf off the side of the road, saying "Elmsbridge? Come with me, off the road. Once these fools have passed, we'll resume conversation." Thorn nestles himself in the bushes off to the side of the road, wishing to remain unseen by the travellers.


Thorn spent 2 healing surges as well

Stealth check: [roll0]
Synergistic Nature check: [roll1]

Demonicheart
2011-05-03, 05:38 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Austine had mixed feelings as she followed Thorn off the main road to the hiding place he staked out. One part of her was mentally screaming that this was entirely unnecessary. They had no clue whether the people traveling down the road posed a threat or not. More than likely they were simple merchants traveling down the road. Austine herself had ran into a few of those in her journey. Worse, hiding like this would make the two of them look even more suspicious if they were spotted. The red haired woman believed that was a very real possibility, White fur against green leaves and brown branches must be very tricky to pull off...on the wrong angle and the sunlight practically announces your presence. This part of Austine stressed that it would be better to stay on the road and just see who was there.

However, another voice won out. This one pointed out that it would be better to stay with Thorn. After all, she wanted to make sure he was alright and the fact that he reacted to the mention of Elmsbridge was interesting as well. If the people were not perceptive enough to spot them, they would pass and there would be no need for concern. If they were spotted, Austine could attempt to play diplomat. Although she felt she wasn't very good at that skill, she thought she could do a better job than Thorn by himself. Furthermore, if they proved hostile, at least the huntress and the shifter would be together. With that, Austine hid in the bushes as well, ...if they see us, they are probably going to think we're bandits or something...I just know it...

Stealth Check for Hiding
[roll0]

TimelordSimone
2011-05-03, 07:10 PM
Kero ~ Elf Bard

"Did you hear that?" Kero mumbled, distracted from the dwarf he'd stumbled upon by sounds of fighting nearby. Without waiting for a response he made his way towards the source of the commotion, one hand resting on the hilt of his sword. "H-Hello?" he called out rather nervously, peering carefully through the fog.

Perception check: [roll0]

Locklear
2011-05-04, 10:47 AM
The Bard peers into the mist, though he has trouble seeing through it. To his luck the mist at the side of the road thins for a moment and he can see what appears to be either a small animal or a pile of dirty pelts in a nearby holly bush. He also can hear the lightest of breathing from next to it.

Demonicheart
2011-05-05, 11:52 AM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Austine noticed immediately that the stranger, a dark skinned elf in a brown tunic, was staring directly at the bush. There was little doubt in her mind that he could tell something or someone was hiding here. He was looking in their general direction for far too long. The sword on his hip didn't escape Austine's notice either. Still, the nervous calling gave her hope that stealth nor aggression would be necessary. She whispered quietly to Thorn, "...he knows something is here..and he doesn't look like he would pick a fight...I'm going out before he starts poking this bush with his sword. You can stay hidden if you want." She slowly stood up revealing herself completely to the bard. The young woman waved her open hands in front of her to prove she didn't have a weapon in them. Of course, her bow was still hanging on her shoulder.

The huntress smiled apologetically as she began, "Please do not be alarmed. I don't mean any harm." She rubbed the back of her neck as she commented, "I...heard someone approaching and decided to get off the road seeing as I was...a little winded from a previous scuffle and was not looking for another." Austine was not a believable liar. She knew this for a fact. However, she wasn't lying so much as omitting. The huntress made no mention of the shifter and seemed to be trying to get the elf's attention away from the bush. She once again walked onto the road but kept a respectable distance between herself and the elf. The young woman finished, "My name is Austine, who might you be?"

TimelordSimone
2011-05-05, 07:14 PM
Kero ~ Elf Bard

Kero visibly relaxed as Austine revealed herself. "I heard noises, thought it might be animals or something." he explained, looking about as if he thought his mentioning animals would somehow draw them to him. "I'm Kero." he stated simply, proffering his hand to shake. "Are you okay? From your... scuffle?"

Demonicheart
2011-05-05, 07:54 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

It took a great deal of Austine's will power not to nervously laugh at the animal comment. She could just imagine Thorn glaring at the elf from within the bushes. Granted, she hadn't known the shifter long at all but a part of her could just picture it so easily considering what little she did know. She was a little uncertain what he would choose to do now, I don't know enough to guess...he could just stay put and wait for us to go away...or he could reveal himself too. I just hope its with a calmer head than before. She was trying her best to mentally prepare herself for playing peacekeeper if it really came down to it.

Still, she smiled and shook hands with the traveler, "Pleased to meet you, Kero. I am fine now. Thank you for asking." She let go of his hand after a moment and glanced further up the road towards Elmbridge, "So what brings you out here if I may ask? Although I was a bit...side tracked I was on my way to Elmbridge. Are you heading to the city or from it? I've heard rumors that there was trouble there but very little specifics."

Bridgar
2011-05-05, 08:18 PM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

Thorn lay in wait, hoping every second that the man would leave soon. He did not want to have to leave the only person he had met that treated him as an equal. If things went the slightest wrong way, though, he would have to walk away from her. "Why won't he leave? Should I go out? How do I know this man is peaceful? Why won't he leave us be? I just want to go to Elmbridge with this nice girl. I have to stay here and stay still. Why can't he just leave us alone?" Anxious for the man to leave, Thorn had already formed a childlike attachment to the girl. She was the only person that he felt he could trust in any degree.


Second Stealth Check:[roll0]

Locklear
2011-05-06, 11:14 AM
From the bushes, a loud cough is heard and then a small amount of cursing. A small gust of wind blows again revealing some flesh around the furs. The wind is cold and sends shivers through you. You begin to realize how far north you have actually come.

Demonicheart
2011-05-07, 07:49 AM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Austine visibly winced when she realized Thorn was making too much noise for all but the most oblivious person in the world to ignore. Granted, she had no idea whether or not Kero was this fictitious person but chances were pretty good that he wasn't. She would rather head this off now before giving him a chance to jump to the wrong conclusions, "Actually...I wasn't alone in that bush...as you no doubt heard. My friend...he is a cautious person by nature. To be fair, I'm not even sure he will come out to greet you. Please don't think less of him. He has his reason for disliking strangers."

TimelordSimone
2011-05-07, 05:06 PM
Kero ~ Elf Bard

Kero smirked slightly, "It's okay. Like you say, I am a stranger after all." peering into the bushes, he called out to the hiding man, "Hey there. I'm not here to hurt you!" he held his hands up peaceably.

Kero turned his attention back to Austine, so the hiding stranger felt under no pressure to show himself. "Yeah I'm headed to Elmbridge as well." Kero explained, his voice faltering slightly. He opened his mouth as if to add something, but closed it without doing so. Probably not especially normal to be this uncomfortable entering a town. She doesn't need your life story anyway. The elf ran a hand through his spring green hair awkwardly.

Demonicheart
2011-05-10, 11:45 AM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Austine was relieved to see that Kero was not offended or defensive. It seemed like Thron would need more than a few assuring words to start trusting this elf but she saw it as a good start. In all fairness, the huntress had imagined much worse reactions than this. Still, that left the problem of what to do now. She noticed that while the elf mentioned he was heading to Elmbridge, he did not give a reason for it. She fully believed that the answer to her next question had a good shot of ending the mental debate in her mind, "I see...if it is no secret, may I ask for what purpose? I was planning to head to the town in response to their call for aid. I...must admit I don't t know anyone there...and I'm not quite sure how I could help...but I hope to find a way." She hoped that he would open up once she spoke of her own reasons, If he isn't going there to assist, then I can just bid him good-day.

TimelordSimone
2011-05-11, 06:03 PM
Kero ~ Elf Bard

Kero smiled amicably upon discovering that Austine was heading to town for the same reasons as him. "Yes. Same. I heard they needed help, thought I might be able to provide." He glanced distractedly at where Thorn lay hidden in the bushes, smile faltering slightly. "I must admit I don't know anything about the town at all." he chuckled, nervously, "No idea what to expect when I arrive."

Demonicheart
2011-05-12, 07:46 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

A pleasant smile crossed Austine's face as she commented, "Then we might be seeing more of one another once we get to Elmbridge. For now, I think it would be best if you go on ahead without me. I don't think my friend is going to come out anytime soon. I wish to stay here a few more moments longer before heading to the town myself." A part of her wanted to travel to the city with both the elven man and the shifter but she thought it might be best to do so separately. He probably doesn't trust Kero enough to want to travel with him...truthfully, I'm not even sure he is traveling to Elmbridge for the same reasons as us. If nothing else, it will give me a chance at making sure he's okay before I continue on my way. With that, the red haired huntress extended her right hand for one more shake, "Safe travels, Kero. Hopefully when we meet again, you'll have a better grasp of the situation and can fill me in."

TimelordSimone
2011-05-13, 04:08 PM
Kero ~ Elf Bard

Kero chuckled. "Hopefully, yeah." Warmly shaking Austine's hand, he added "It's been a pleasure." and with that, the Elf heading into the fog towards Elmbridge, humming to himself again, albeit more cheerfully this time. She seemed nice. If most people are like here, this won't be bad at all.

Bridgar
2011-05-15, 12:28 PM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

A muffled voice sounded from the bushes. "Is he gone yet?" Staying hidden, Thorn was still weary of the man that came through. "He's going to Elmbridge too..."

Demonicheart
2011-05-22, 12:04 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Austine's eyes followed Kero down the road until he was finally out a sight, "Yes, he's gone...and we'll probably see a lot more of him soon. Kero seems like a good elf, I don't think he would've reacted too badly. Even if he did, I would've done my best to calm him down...someway." Austine meant every word she spoke. She would have tried diplomacy and reason first if things got out of hand and force later if it was unavoidable. However, the huntress refocused her mind, No sense thinking about what might or might not happen. I should pay attention to the present.

The red haired woman shook her head a little as she turned to face Thorn, "I can't be sure about it...but I'm guessing the elders you were talking about sent you to aid in Elmbridge, yes?" True, Thorn hadn't outright told her about his purpose for being there but the hints were there. He had mentioned the city and was either heading there or from the area. Furthermore, most travelers were going away from it and he clearly had different intentions. Considering the call for aid was spread far and wide, it would make sense in a way, I guess his elders thought that Thorn would deal with whatever was the cause...but to send him alone...knowing that he doesn't trust people...

With that thought in mind, Austine finished with a small smile, "Even if I'm completely wrong in my guess, I'd still be happy to accompany you to Elmbridge if that is where you are going." She let out a playful laugh as she finished, "After all, we can't hide in bushes all day. I can act as a buffer for you when we talk to others."

Locklear
2011-05-27, 10:28 AM
Eventually you all reach the town of Elmsbridge between the hours of noon and two. As you walk towards it the mist begins to clear and a wall of tree trunks greets you: the towns defenses. A guard in the tower to the left of the entrance waves each you through as you arrive with a hardy grin on his face. There are many human men along with some Half-Elves leaving through the gate. They all wear similar checkered shirts, large leather boots and loose leather trousers and all carry axes of all shapes and sizes upon their shoulders.

Once inside you look about and can see two branching streets, to the left, a large mill, to the right is a street lined with houses. The town is busy and there are several halflings around, advertising various Inns and Taverns. Ahead you see a sign,


The Weary Jack, The Woodsman's Lodge and The Temple
===>
The Shop, The Mill and Therin's Hall
<===


From the mill you can see a cloud of steam rising, and to the far right you can see several large houses atop a hill.

Demonicheart
2011-06-08, 04:55 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Austine was a bit relieved that whatever threat the town faced, at least they were holding their own for now. The reinforced wooden walls and guard towers would provide Elmsbridge with some safety. Still, she had a feeling that someone like Thorn would not be too pleased with the blatant use of trees to barricade the town. The precession of lumberjacks walking out of the town probably did little to ease that concern. The red haired huntress made sure subtly to stand between the lumberjacks and the shifter as often as possible without getting in anyone's way.

As she approached the sign and read it, a few options crossed her mind. There is still plenty of daylight left so finding an inn room can wait a little while longer. I wonder if my friend here would prefer to sleep out under the stars. I do have a tent and don't mind but...well...that would see an odd choice for a town probably already on edge. So...perhaps finding out what the trouble is would be best for now. With a small smile, Austine commented, "Since we do have some time before dusk, perhaps we could ask about the local troubles at the temple...or maybe Therin's Hall. It sounds important enough at least...I...have never been to this town before so...my knowledge of it is foggy at best."

Truth be told, Austine was trying to recall any information about the Elmbridge she could. Especially who would be the best person or people to see about the problems plaguing the town. However, Austine never was one to hang around taverns and gossip long into the night. There were more important things to do than drown oneself in an ale. Still, she was now raking her brain hoping that something would click. I hope Kero is having better luck on that front than I am.

Streetwise Check to see what (if anything at all) she knows about Elmsbridge:[roll0]

TimelordSimone
2011-06-11, 05:54 PM
Kero ~ Elf Bard

Kero entered the town with no small amount of trepidation. Eyes darting around at the sheer volume of people walking past him. He paused at the sign, considering which way to go. Woodsman's Lodge and Weary Jack sound like taverns... no idea what Therin's Hall is. Temple seems like the best bet. The elf nods to himself upon making his decision, and heads towards the temple, looking all around to take in his surroundings as he walks.

Locklear
2011-06-12, 04:31 AM
As he walks towards the Temple Kero sees that all the streets are identical; wooden houses with wooden roofs and smoke rising from small bricked chimneys. As soon as he turns a corner, the Temple is seen clearly, being one of only two buildings in the town build entirely from stone. It is neither overly big or intricately designed.

Many people are entering the temple, but you can clearly see a large dwarf dressed in a blue cloth coated set of plate-mail embroidered with the occasional crescent moon stood at the foot of the steps up to the temple entrance shouting too the people of the town, addressing them individually as they walk past telling them that they must come again soon.

Suddenly his eyes pass over Kero and his face brightens up and he walks over to him, "Hello!" he says in a booming voice, grasps your hand tightly and shakes it thoroughly before continuing, "I am Tordek, Cleric of Sehanine. On behalf of the Church Of Sehanine I welcome you to our town! What is your name traveler?" Without waiting for your response he turns and ushers you into the temple with him.

Bridgar
2011-06-12, 12:50 PM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

Thorn strode towards the town with an air of uneasiness. All these people were unsettling him and he did not plan to stay for very long. Not only did the people bother him, but the walls of lumber angered him. Thorn could only imagine how many forests would have been levelled just to make this small town. He snarled at the lumberjacks that he saw, but did not start a fight with Austine visibly worried about his composure. He was trying to impress her with his behavior. She was the only person he had ever encountered that had been kind in any way to him. It was a comfort not found in nature but that he appreciated greatly. When they arrived at the sign, he agreed with her suggestion by saying "Yeah, Therin's Hall sounds important. Let's go there and get work."

Locklear
2011-06-12, 02:34 PM
Thorn and Austine approach Therin's Hall to see the guards stand to arms before a shout is heard from the tower to the left of the hall, "Oi! Stan' Down! They're 'ere t' speak with Therin!" At that the men lower their weapons and two of them approach the travelers. "By order o' Therin we are t' take your weapons and or any other equipment that may be used t' cause 'arm t' you or those around you." The captain reads disjointedly from a small piece of parchment badly concealed in the palm of his hand.

The other man outstretches his hands in order to retrieve their weapons.

Bridgar
2011-06-12, 02:48 PM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

Thorn puts out his open hands. "I need no weapons. If I wished to kill your Therin, I would simply do so." After this brash statement, Thorn put his hand on Austine's back and lightly pushed her forward. He then said into her ear "Let's go in, ignore the guards."

Demonicheart
2011-06-12, 03:30 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Even though she had no allegiance to the town of Elmbridge, she wasn't eager to disobey the guards. They were here to help the town and breaking laws certainly wouldn't go well with that concept. She whispered back, "It's their law. It will be harder to help if we don't show some respect." She was a bit worried that they were making a very poor first impression.

The red haired huntress immediately removed the bow that was slung over her back and spoke in an apologetic tone, "What my friend means is that he's a fist fighter and does not require weapons. We heard the call for aid and wish to help...though we do not know the specifics. I will comply with the order." With her mini-speech done, the young woman relinquished her bow to the guard. She also removed a hunting dagger she hid in her right boot strap and gave it to the soldier, "The only things left are my arrows but they would be fairly useless to me without my bow. If you desire them as well, I will oblige. Otherwise, may we pass?"

Locklear
2011-06-12, 04:01 PM
The captain looks to the tower guard who shrugs. "Alright, go on in!".

Inside is a long hall, mostly filled with a table at which guards, lumberjacks and, from what you can tell, well-to-do gentlemen are sat drinking, gambling and talking alongside each other. When they notice the presence of the adventurers presence yet do not show amazement at it. A couple of murmurs can be heard as the Shifter is spotted, but spirits are kept up and everyone keeps smiling while the two stand in the doorway.

The two guards move to one side. "We'll give you your stuff back when you leave," the captain says, then turning to Thorn he mutters, "S'long as you don't cause any trouble."

At the far end of the table, you see a man in wearing a blue-dyed leather flat-cap and a large woolen shirt. While you are watching he rolls several dice from his hand and grimaces slightly. For a moment everything is silent then the large man to his left stands and says in a deep reverberating tone, "HAH! Pay up Therin, you old fool!"

Demonicheart
2011-06-12, 04:26 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

After giving a slight nod to the captain, Austine took in the hall in all its glory. A slightly confused expression crossed her face as it seemed the people were in high spirits. Austine was expecting a slightly more somber mood since usually Elmbridge didn't ask for help...most times, they were the ones doing the helping. Gambling at a time like this? Is this a meeting hall or a tavern? She didn't expect anyone to make a fuss over her presence. Austine wasn't famous by any means and a part of her preferred that. The mood seemed to be fairly causal. Still, that was no excuse for Austine to forget her manners.

She slowly approached the end of table and stopped a few feet away from the Lord of Elmbridge and his entourage. Austine methodically judged the distance as close enough that she didn't have to yell but far enough that she wasn't invading personal space. The red haired huntress bowed respectfully before beginning, "Please, pardon our...interruption, Lord Therin. We are humble adventurers seeking to assist Elmbridge in whatever way we can. We heard the call for aid...though regrettably it was rather...vague about the situation. If we could be better informed about the nature of the problem, I'm sure we could be of use."

Bridgar
2011-06-12, 04:58 PM
Thorn ~ Razorclaw Shifter Druid

Thorn stood next to Austine in a reserved stance with his arms crossed in such a way to conceal his lengthy nails. He found no problem with the men gambling, drinking, and enjoying themselves. This was what he felt the only purpose of civilization was, to enjoy the company and revelry of those around you. Thorn was surprisingly gaining respect for these people and was consequentially quiet while Austine and the men spoke.

TimelordSimone
2011-06-13, 11:01 AM
Kero ~ Elf Bard

Kero stumbles as he enters the temple, caught a little off guard by the cleric's enthusiastic greeting. His focus alternates between wandering around the interior of the building and the dwarf as he spoke, "Greetings, Tordek. Name's Kero. Thanks for welcoming me your town," the elf chuckles nervously, "It's a little overwhelming to be honest, I'm used to forest life, the occasional small village, you know? But, I heard you guys were having some kind of trouble?" he settles his attention solely on Tordek, "So I figured I'd come see if I could help in anyway."

Locklear
2011-06-13, 03:40 PM
Kero:

As Kero speak he notices some people turn their heads at the sound of trouble. "HAHAHA! Trouble?! Not that I had heard, young Elf! Come! I must give you a full tour of the Temple!" At this the few that had gathered in the short space of time smiled and continued on with their business.

He then ushers Kero up several flights of stairs to the top floor of the small tower to to the left of the entrance room. At the top is a burly man sat on a small stool smoking a pipe. To his left sits a large dog which perks up as is sees Kero, tilting it's head to one side and drooling on the floor. "I think he likes you, Elf!" the man says. "HAH! Yes, isn't that a pleasant surprise Jak!" The Cleric retorts, "Now, if you wouldn't mind, I would rather like a quiet word with our guest, Kero . You can take a break for a moment." On his way down the ladder Jak shouts back up, "Good meeting you, Kero!"

The Cleric walks to the tower and looks out over Elmsbridge. His tone changes slightly, sounding still very cheery but with an undertone of seriousness. "We've tried to keep this from everyone; that's why we must speak up here you see." He turns to Kero "We have had reports of fire coming from the mountains to the East. This would not be a problem if it were not for the ancient pacts we had written with the kobolds of those mountains. Either the kobolds have broken their pact and are becoming a threat, which would be a problem that we ourselves could solve. Something may have forced them from the mountains; they may have angered something which has pushed them from the mountains and forced them into the forests." His face and tone suddenly turn very dark, "The other pissibility is that they have uncovered one of the lords of the mountains; a White Dragon." He pauses for a moment and his mood changes back to his cheery self, "But I have said enough on this matter! You are welcome to look around the church and the town, but be sure to speak with Therin soon enough!"



I've assumed this with time for you to arrive in the hall once Austine and Thorn have been told the same thing. Is that OK?



Austine and Thorn:

Therin pulls a bag of coins from his pocket sighs and throws it to the large man, "One day I will take it all back, Friend, but not now! As you can see I have business to attend to." He then turns his attention to Thorn and Austine as the large man nods knowingly and walks off chuckling, "I see that you are missing the Elf," he pauses, "No matter I can explain to him later; come with me to my office."

Therin's office is a fairly mundane room with a bookshelf on the left wall, a desk in the center littered with various papers, a fireplace with two large axes hung above it and a door leading off to the side. "I am pleased you have arrived. Drink?" he protrudes from a cupboard in his desk a large glass decanter filled with a thick black liquid and proceeds to pour himself a glass.

TimelordSimone
2011-06-16, 10:47 AM
Kero ~ Elf Bard

Dragon? Oh gods I hope not... "Okay, I should head to Therin's Hall sooner rather than later I suppose. I'll be sure to return later." Unsure quite how to behave, Kero inclines his head, bowing awkwardly to the dwarven priest, "It was a pleasure meeting you. I'm sorry if I caused a fuss."

With that, the young elf makes his way out of the temple, and heads down the road back the way he came, double checking the signs as he passes, until he arrives at Therin's Hall.
"Uh, Hello! I'm here to see Therin?" Kero addresses the guards, somewhat unsurely.

So I will arrive after they've been told what's happening?

Locklear
2011-06-16, 11:10 AM
The two guards look to the guard in the tower, who nods, then at each other, "Your with t'other two!", One of them shouts excitedly, and is suddenly elbowed by his superior. The other steps forwards, "By order o' Therin we are t' take your weapons and or any other equipment that may be used t' cause 'arm t' you or those around you." the captain reads disjointedly from a small piece of parchment badly concealed in the palm of his hand.

Demonicheart
2011-06-16, 05:41 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

Austine arched her brow briefly as Lord Therin seemed to know about Kero, I suppose he has made a great deal of progress here...hopefully we'll meet up soon and he can catch us up. She silently hoped that their reunion would go a bit better than their first meeting. Thorn seemed to be in a better mood now so the young huntress thought things would go smoother this time.

Not wishing to be left behind, she followed Therin into his office in the back. She was not at all put off by the mundane feel of the room. She often preferred simplicity. When the offer for a drink came, Austine thought about it for a few moments before commenting, "Yes, I would like one please." She didn't want to seem rude but she remembered her own experiences with ale before, I used to be a light-weight...very light-weight before travel hardened my stomach a little. Here is hoping I can handle whatever Therin's offering. Despite her initial reluctance, there was no further hesitation on Austine's part. She would partake if offered.

Getting back to the matter at hand, she couldn't help comment, "Everyone seems in high spirits around here. Forgive me for asking, but was the request for aid not as serious as it seemed?"

TimelordSimone
2011-06-17, 06:15 AM
Kero ~ Elf Bard

Kero is a little taken aback by the tower guard's exclamation. I guess the human and her companion arrived already.
Kero nods amicably to the guard in front of him, and relinquishes his bow and sword "Is this okay?" he holds his arms out to either side to demonstrate a lack of concealed weapons. "Can I go in now?"

Locklear
2011-06-18, 02:24 PM
Austine and Thorn

"Ah, good!" He hands both Austine and Thorn a glass of the dark liquid. It smells of liquorice and alcohol. "Right, now that pleasantries are out of the way, we must get down to business," he seats himself behind his desk, "We've tried to keep this from everyone you see," He sips his drink, "We have had reports of fire coming from the mountains to the East. This would not be a problem if it were not for the ancient pacts we had written with the kobolds of those mountains. Either the kobolds have broken their pact and have become a threat to the town, which would be a problem that we ourselves could solve. Although this could be the case, we have never had any trouble with the kobolds since the pact, which has stood since before we took control so it is highly doubtful. Something may have forced them from the mountains; they may have angered something which has pushed them from the mountains and forced them into the forests." His face and tone suddenly turn very dark, "The other possibility is that they have uncovered one of the lords of the mountains; a White Dragon." At this point there is a knock on the door and it opens. A familiar voice comes through, "Therin, there's an Elf 'ere t' see you!" The Elf is then pushed through the door and it closes behind him.

"Drink?" Therin asks.


If you decide to drink the drink make an Endurance check. You can decide for yourself whether you like the flavor or not!



Kero

The captain nods and ushers him inside the hall. The man walks with a brisk pace along the side of the hall, "You're late. The other two just went in!" he says as he leads you around the large table in the middle of the room, lined mostly with men, rich and poor, from many different walks of life, all laughing and drinking together. As you reach the door he turns to Kero and says, "Don't be fooled by his office; he's jus' t' same as any of us!"

He opens thee door and shouts in "Therin, there's an Elf 'ere t' see you!" and pushes Kero over the threshold, slamming the door behind him.
Inside are Thorn, Austine and another man, who you assume to be Therin, sat behind a desk. All of them have drinks in their hands and are looking towards Kero.

"Drink?" Therin asks.

TimelordSimone
2011-06-19, 04:27 PM
Kero ~ Elf Bard

Kero waved awkwardly at Austine as he entered the room, and smiled at Thorn, getting his first proper look at him, before swiftly turning his attention to whom he presumed to be Therin. "Sure, why not." he graciously accepts the drink offered to him, taking a cautious sip before continuing, "Therin I presume? Dwarf at the temple told me I should come see you. Tordek I think? Anyway, something about fire in the mountains. Kero, by the way. It's a pleasure." the young elf stops himself rambling too much, and returns to sipping his drink.

Locklear
2011-06-20, 10:44 AM
"Good, well these two can fill you in later. I've secured you board as diplomats at 'The Weary Jack' until you have solved our problem. I hope you decide tyo act sooner rater than later; our hospitality will not last forever. That is, if you decide to help?" Therin's face is now deep and serious and he stares at the party.

Kero
The drink smells of liquorice and alcohol. If you decide to drink the drink (as you already have done) make an Endurance check. You can decide for yourself whether you like the flavor or not!


Everyone
If you want to say something bold and noble and adventurer-y, now is the time to say it!

Demonicheart
2011-06-21, 09:47 PM
Austine Claire ~ Human Ranger

The crimson haired huntress smiled warmly at Kero when he made his entrance. Although she was happy to see he made it to town safely, she hadn't expected to see him so soon. It was a pleasant surprise for her and she hoped Thorn would be a little more open towards the elf.

Her thoughts eventually shifted back to the task at hand. She knew her own limits well. Just the suggestion of potential dragon hunting wasn't something that she was looking forward to. Most dragon hunters tended to wind up as freshly cooked meals for their would be prey. However, she was getting ahead of herself. There was no solid proof that the kobolds had awaken the master of the mountains. First priority was to determine why they moved further down and any other plans could be created later.

Lord Therin was putting a lot of trust in her and her new allies. She couldn't help but think that this was the moment her brother would've said something inspiring. Still, Austine wasn't one to stir the hearts and minds of a crowd. All she could do was be honest with herself and those around her, "We will do our best to investigate this matter. Hopefully we will have useful information and this problem resolved by the time we return." With that she took a drink of the black bile-like ale hoping that she wouldn't make a fool of herself.

Unfortunately, she underestimated the kick behind the ale and she coughed a little bit while trying to choke it down. In the end, she came off looking like a greenhorn.


Endurance Check for the ale: [roll0]

Diplomacy Check to sound reassuring: [roll1]

Locklear
2011-06-25, 10:38 AM
Therin smiles awkwardly at Austine as she barely manages to swallow the drink without grimacing. "Well... I hope you can help... I know you'll try your hardest," he says disconcertingly and looks awkwardly down at his table.