PDA

View Full Version : ECL for an Awakened Gray Ooze

Codenpeg
2011-04-30, 09:56 PM
Hello playgrounders, I had the urge today for a bit of jello when I was struck with a fiendish plot. We've already had a thread or two about ooze characters and I'd like to start another. Going off of Savage Species' rules on assigning level adjustments what would I be looking at in a Gray Ooze?

Awaken Ooze works pretty much like Awaken, it gets 3d6 Int, Wis, and Cha. Which averages out (and rounds down) to 10. So for stat adjustments we've got +2 Str, -10 Dex, and +10 Con. I'm not sure how much that +2 really should cost so I'm going to ignore it for now. For the rest of the abilities I'm thinking this:

Acid: Off of Ooze HD
Blindsight: Ooze HD
Constrict: +1
Improved Grab: +1
Immunity(Cold): +1
Immunity (Fire): +1
Transparent: .... wtf is this? Should it be a hide check benefit or what? +1 though

I highly doubt I will EVER get a chance to play an ooze character but I would love to figure this out. Would anyone care to assist me in figuring this out?

Edit:
One more thing, what are the cheapest ways to allow it to actually travel over metal/wood without melting it? As an adventurer, not being allowed to go inside of buildings is gonna suck. On the other hand pseudopod I win all bar brawls by EATING THE BAR ITSELF.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-05-01, 10:41 AM
SS "guidelines" are not rules. IT'S A TRAP!

I believe I've heard reference to an awakened ooze spe

Codenpeg
2011-05-01, 11:14 AM
Not rules, more like guidelines. On the bright side I've figured out probably the cheapest way to keep myself from eating through wooden floors is an item with a permanent Tenser's Floating Disk on it. Also any items I get can be made out of Mundane Crystal, so I won't eat them.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/specialMaterials.htm

The awaken Ooze spell is from Dragon 304.