PDA

View Full Version : Computer help - Firefox search function case sensitive

Boci
2011-05-03, 09:07 PM
As the title says the search function for Firefox on my computer has become case sensitive. This is annoying, and I am wondering if it can be switched off. I am technologically illiterate and have no idea which version I am using, but I am pretty sure it is not the newest 4. I would have downloaded it between Christmas and Easter last year. Can anyone help or do you need more information?

Lady Moreta
2011-05-03, 10:21 PM
I can't help, but to find out what version of Firefox you're using (because that may or may not make a difference), go to the 'Help' menu along the top, and click on 'About Firefox' (should be the last option) - that will tell you what version you're using.

Boci
2011-05-03, 10:48 PM
Okay, its 3.6.3.

Seonor
2011-05-04, 02:42 AM
press ctrl + f (the shortcut for the quicksearch) at the bottom of firefox there should be a new bar. Uncheck the box (I can't say what the box is named, in the german version its Groß-/Kleinschreibung, probably something like case sensitive or so). That should work.

If after you press ctrl + f nothing happens or the bar has no box you can uncheck make sure you use the Firefox default theme and try it again.

Vaynor
2011-05-04, 02:59 AM
I have Firefox 4.0.1, so I'm not sure if it will be the same, but when I press Ctrl + F there's a box to the right of the text field labeled "Match case." If you uncheck that it'll probably fix your problem.

Zherog
2011-05-04, 06:55 AM
I have 3.6.17 and everything Vaynor said is accurate for my version. So that should be the same for 3.6.3 as well.

Boci
2011-05-04, 07:23 AM
Okay that worked. Thanks, sorry for being so blind.

bluewind95
2011-05-04, 08:22 AM
Sometimes, the things that are hardest to see are the ones right in front of us. So don't worry.