PDA

View Full Version : Custom Charms, plox? [Exalted 2e]

Tanuki Tales
2011-05-04, 08:22 PM
Well, this is the thread that I said I'd make at the end of my other thread concerning my initial foray into the game of Exalted.

I'm looking to make mirrors of Body-Reweaving Matrix and its prerequisite, Alloyed Reinforcement of Flesh, for use by a Green Sun Prince.

I have a personal love of the concept of Healing Factors and of all the routes given to me (BRW, a build for Green Sun Princes using a lot of She Who Lives In Her Name charms, obvious Lunar usage and one branch of Martial arts) only Body-Reweaving Matrix really matched the taste and flavor of the idea and did so with the smallest expenditure of resources available.

The problem is though that the charm is only accessible to Alchemical Exalted and they're not the easiest thing to play in Creation, especially if the game will have little to not access to Autocthonia or a similarly geared laboratory for the Alchemicals use.

I plan to use these charms for a Slayer caste Green Sun Prince and I may be choosing She Who Lives in Her Name as the favored Yozi (I'm not absolutely sure yet) so please keep that in mind for making up the charms I'm requesting here.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort. ^_^

Xefas
2011-05-04, 10:35 PM
Do you know about the Exalted Ink Monkeys blog? Now that I look at those Alchemical Charms (I'm not very experienced with them - I had to look), I think Driven Beyond Death (a Malfeas Charm from the aforementioned blog) does something similar, though with a Malfean twist.

For the Body Reweaving bit, I submit the following to the scrutiny of the board:

Endless Bleeding Flesh
Cost: -; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: -
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: First (Malfeas) Excellency

Malfeas' nature is to be wounded; to be a calloused, bleeding, fleshy mass of pain and horror until the end of time. A punishment from his brother, Autochthon, for leading the titans through the chaos of the Wyld Before Time, banding them together and giving them a home. A punishment from the Gods, for creating them. A punishment from the mortals of Creation, for conspiring events so that they could exist and think and act. Truly, he is a monster. For all of these crimes, Malfeas was sentenced to bleed eternally, but to never die.

By attaining this charm, the Infernal's flesh opens seeping fissures scattered all over his body, from which blood springs eternal; a slow, oozing agony for him to enjoy for all time. This inflicts one level of lethal damage every 5 ticks for the rest of his life, which is unsoakable, unblockable, and undodgeable.

However, the Infernal attains some of the resilience of the Demon Emperor - the might that allows him to live even with such injuries. The Infernal heals two levels of bashing or lethal damage every 5 ticks (this occurs simultaneously with the aforementioned damage).

By forgoing two levels of healed damage, the Infernal may remove one Crippling effect from himself.

A second purchase at Essence 4+ doubles this healing rate to four levels of damage per 5 ticks. Rather than an ooze, his wounds now flow freely with trickles of blood.

A third purchase at Essence 6+ adds two more levels of damage to the rate healed per 5 ticks (a total of six), and allows the Infernal to forgo all six healed levels to heal one level of Aggravated Damage instead. Blood now pools under the Infernal's fingernails, and weeps from his eyes.

Tanuki Tales
2011-05-04, 10:49 PM
So if I get this right, the charm (at first purchase) heals 2 bashing or 1 lethal every 5 ticks? Or does it heal 2 damage which can be either lethal or bashing?

Xefas
2011-05-04, 11:09 PM
Or does it heal 2 damage which can be either lethal or bashing?

This one. Basically, they take one damage and heal two, so it works out to one level of damage healed every 5 ticks under normal conditions. Obviously, doing things like sacrificing some of your healing to heal a Crippling effect will allow the damage clause to actually hurt you, which effectively adds an extra cost to healing Crippling.

This is about even with the Alchemical version. Except for the fact that the Alchemical version has a significant committed essence cost, and the Infernal one does not. This is intentional, as Infernal charms are meant to be better than Alchemicals charms - especially with 'toughness' being a theme of Malfeas charms in general.

Tanuki Tales
2011-05-04, 11:35 PM
This one. Basically, they take one damage and heal two, so it works out to one level of damage healed every 5 ticks under normal conditions. Obviously, doing things like sacrificing some of your healing to heal a Crippling effect will allow the damage clause to actually hurt you, which effectively adds an extra cost to healing Crippling.

This is about even with the Alchemical version. Except for the fact that the Alchemical version has a significant committed essence cost, and the Infernal one does not. This is intentional, as Infernal charms are meant to be better than Alchemicals charms - especially with 'toughness' being a theme of Malfeas charms in general.

Because Green Sun Princes are equal to Solars while Alchemicals are on par with Lunars and because GSP are supposed to be baby Yozi?

Xefas
2011-05-04, 11:53 PM
Because Green Sun Princes are equal to Solars while Alchemicals are on par with Lunars and because GSP are supposed to be baby Yozi?

Well, the intended ladder is meant to be:
Infernal/Solar/Abyssal
Lunar
Sidereal
Alchemical
Terrestrial

Just because of the folks from which they derive their power. Primordials are on par with the Unconquered Sun, who is greater than Luna, who is greater than the Maidens, who is greater than the Immaculate Dragons.

Alchemicals are where they are because they're prototype Exalted with synthetic charms, rather than their charms coming from Autochthon himself.

Abyssals are just inverted Solars.