PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] One Thousand Torments of the Demon Monster

Primal Fury
2011-05-06, 01:05 PM
Originally inspired by Cyborg Mage, these charms seemed perfect for Infernal Monster expansions. I haven't ported all of them from his style yet, but I've got most of them. Here y'all go.

New Keyword: Mutilation: Charms with this keyword call upon the might of the Demon Monster to tear opponents to pieces. Any Extra targeted with this charm is killed, either instantly or when the charm is specified to activate. Anyone witnessing this charm in action must make a Valor roll to avoid fleeing at the sight of this carnage. The difficulty for this roll starts off at 2. This rises to 3 once the Infernal reaches Essence 3, 4 when the Infernal reaches Essence 5, and rises once more to 5 when the Infernal reaches Essence 7. Any damage dealt by a charm with this keyword cannot be healed naturally.

Blood-Halting Hand
Cost: 2m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive (Step 1)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Crippling
Duration: Instant
Prerequisites: Retribution Will Follow

The might of the Infernal Monster is such that it can crush the blood from its prey with a single blow. This charm enhances an unarmed martial arts attack, doubling the Infernal’s strength for the purpose of determining raw damage. The power behind this strike is almost too great for the target to handle, collapsing their blood vessels, and preventing the life-giving fluid from flowing to the wounded areas. Any Bashing or Lethal damage inflicted with this attack takes twice as long to heal naturally.

Red Torrent of Slaughter
Cost: (+5m); Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Mutilation, Shaping
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisites: Blood-Halting Hand, Infernal Monster Form

If one were make the mistake of giving physical form to the Demon Monster’s anger, that fool would almost certainly be destroyed by a torrent of unthinkably red-hot fire. This charm permanently enhances its prerequisite, adding the Mutilation and Shaping keywords. By paying a 5 mote surcharge when activating Blood-Halting Hand, the Infernal transfers a small spark of his limitless rage into the very core of his victim: Their heart.
Every drop of blood in the target’s body begins to boil, forcing them to suffer the following effect: Damage (Essence)L/action, Toxicity (Martial Arts), Tolerance None, Penalty –(Essence x 2). A character can only be affected by one instance of this charm at a time. The essence-infused blood bursts violently to the surface after (Essence) ticks (or if they die before the duration is up), spraying burning gore (Essence x 3) yards in every direction. This creates an environmental hazard with the following traits: (Essence x 2)L/action, Trauma (Essence). This hazard lasts for (Essence/2) ticks.

Shattering the White Spear
Cost: (+4m); Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Mutilation, Crippling
Prerequisites: Joyful Cessation of Restraint, Hero-Sundering Hands

Once is never enough for the Infernal Monster. He must crush his foes again, and again, and again until they are nothing but piles of bruised flesh and splintered bone. This charm permanently enhances its prerequisite. If the Infernal adds a four mote surcharge when activating Joyful Cessation of Restraint, he can horribly cripple his unfortunate victim. Each successful strike on a prone target deals only a single level of unsoakable lethal damage, but also delivers a Crippling amputation injury of the Infernal’s choice.
If the target is fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to have survived, the broken bones poking through their flesh make an excellent enhancement to World-Breaker Grip, adding the Infernal’s (Essence) to the screaming weapon’s accuracy and defense, as well as making all damage dealt with it lethal.

Glistening Skull-Shrapnel Bomblets
Cost: (+3m, 1wp); Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Prerequisites: Red Torrent of Slaughter, Shattering the White Spear

The Infernal Monster is not content with merely striking soul-chilling fear into the hearts of his foes. Those around him must feel the pain of each one of his victims. Whenever the Infernal activates Red Torrent of Slaughter, he may choose to commit three motes and one point of willpower to his target. If they live through the final effect of Red Torrent of Slaughter, these are lost. If the target dies, however, the Infernal may spend these resources, causing the target’s body to detonate in a shower of splintered bone and boiling blood. This adds the Infernal’s (Essence) to the initial application of environmental damage, plus one die of damage for each Crippling amputation the target was suffering from. In addition, the range of the environmental damage is doubled.

Xefas
2011-05-06, 03:16 PM
I like it. Also,

(Needs a New Name)

-how about "Burning Viscera Tsunami Grenade"? It's what Hak Fu would name it. :smalltongue:

Primal Fury
2011-05-06, 10:05 PM
Notin'? From nobody? :smallfrown:

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-06, 10:24 PM
You've commented on my stuff before, soooo.

Also note that I like most of these from a strict fluff perspective (Shattering the White Spear (http://www.meh.ro/original/2010_03/meh.ro3715.png)), so I'll be commenting entirely on mechanics.

New Keyword: Mutilation: Charms with this keyword call upon the might of the Demon Monster to tear opponents to pieces. Any Extra targeted with this charm is killed, either instantly or when the charm is specified to activate. Anyone witnessing this charm in action must make a Valor roll to avoid fleeing at the sight of this carnage. The difficulty for this roll starts off at 2. This rises to 3 once the Infernal reaches Essence 3, 4 when the Infernal reaches Essence 5, and rises once more to 5 when the Infernal reaches Essence 7. Any damage dealt by a charm with this keyword cannot be healed naturally.

This should not affect Essence users. Or at least at a greatly reduced difficulty. Both the Valor check and "cannot be healed naturally part".

Blood-Halting Hand

This is probably too cheap for what is essentially a perfect-or-die attack at higher Essence, but I'm not remembering if there are any comparable Charms off the top of my head.

Red Torrent of Slaughter

Okay. I think.

Shattering the White Spear

See last comment.

Glistening Skull-Shrapnel Bomblets

You can Combo this with with Fist of the Old Ones or Crack the Sky, correct? If you can't, throw it all out and rework it so you can.

Primal Fury
2011-05-06, 10:33 PM
This should not affect Essence users. Or at least at a greatly reduced difficulty. Both the Valor check and "cannot be healed naturally part".
Wait... Aw hell, I forgot to include a willpower cost to resist it.

This is probably too cheap for what is essentially a perfect-or-die attack at higher Essence, but I'm not remembering if there are any comparable Charms off the top of my head.
I'm balancing it against Chung's Sledgehammer Fist Punch, which doubles base damage for 3 motes.

You can Combo this with with Fist of the Old Ones or Crack the Sky, correct? If you can't, throw it all out and rework it so you can.
There will be a charm later on that allows you to postpone the explosion until they hit the ground.