PDA

View Full Version : Say D&D Was Real-Being a PC in the 21st Century: SheepInDisguise's 4e

Howler Dagger
2011-05-10, 08:18 PM
okay, here is my story of PCs in the modern world, an idea from this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189905) thread. It is based of the rules of fourth edition.

Part 1- In the beginning, there was only darkness, ruled by NPCs

It started as a normal day. The strangeness began when I loooked in the mirror. My normally brown eyes were bright blue, and my ears were tapered like an elf's. I was startled at the revelation, and I thought i was an elf. I remembered a race of D&D, the Eladrin, which fit me better. As i realized this, a nagging question appeared in my mind. Charisma or Intelligence? I didn’t have much time to ponder this, as my mom yelled at me “Sid, come down here or you will be late to school. Sid isn’t actually my name. My full name is Quarion Sidious Iafthagn. Most people just call me Sid. My dad said he was drunk when he came up with my name.

When I left for school, I got on a bus and sat down to my friend Andrew. He looked pale and worried. He whispered “Have you noticed anything strange about yourself? I woke up and I was as pale as a sheet, and I found these one my skin.”
He motioned to his arm where a coin shaped growth was on his forearm. “Hey, you basically match the description of a goliath in D&D! I noticed I was more elf-like, so since I was still fair I guess I’m an Eladrin!” I exclaimed. I told him we needed to tell the others that played D&D with us. I met up with my girlfriend Anna, and she said she was noticing something to. She was a full elf though.

My paranoia racketed up during the school day, half expecting a kobold attack or something. I talked to my friend Lisa, who franticly looked around all day hoping nobody would notice her; almost as if she expected the KKK to attack (she is African American btw). I asked her and she said when she woke up her hair had turned white, and she had to use hair dye. She realized she was turning into a Drow, so she was looking to see if something would attack. Nothing unusual happened. Until biology class that is.

Mercenary Pen
2011-05-11, 06:33 AM
To be honest it feels like you've rushed the introduction of your characters here, we could have done with having more description of their reactions and the world around them, as it is, it felt like you're a bit too eager to get to the action...