PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Sandbox Campaign I (IC)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Taekwondodo
2011-08-30, 04:01 PM
I don't have any knowledge (history) bonuses do I? I didn't put any points in it.

EDIT: Never mind got it.

Taekwondodo
2011-08-30, 04:04 PM
SCA: [roll0]
SCB: [roll1]

I guess unless I get a natural 20 I probably wont be able to get anything from these rolls?

Ralasha
2011-08-30, 04:47 PM
Lets see, they should have a higher Dexterity than Strength, I could go weapon focus, dodge or toughness. I'll go with.... Dodge.

Debatra
2011-08-30, 05:25 PM
@ Dodo: The first spell on the Minor Scroll is a CL 3 Spider Climb.

Taking anything? Remember, she's facing you now, even if she's distracted. Roll Sleight of Hand for each item taken.

@ Ralasha: And the other?

Now would be a good time to point out that you can be as detailed as you like as far as feats, abilities, etc go. Don't like a summoned wolf's listed Alertness? feel free to swap it for Lightning Reflexes or something. (you can't give summoned creatures traits or flaws)

Taekwondodo
2011-08-30, 05:45 PM
Even if she can't tell what most of the spells are they could be useful.

Sleight of hand A: [roll0]
sleight of hand B: [roll1]

The book on Green Runners intrigues her due to its reference to her natal race and also because of the mention of the fleet warrior’s array which could very useful.

sleight of hand GR: [roll2]

EDIT: Possible fumble of GR there... :smalleek:

Debatra
2011-08-30, 06:11 PM
Possible, but not likely.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Taekwondodo
2011-08-30, 06:20 PM
It was close though. Out of interest, if we had rolled the same who would have "won".

Alassieth heads through to the next room.

Ralasha
2011-08-30, 06:28 PM
For the other: Weapon Focus (Whatever they are armed with when summoned)

Debatra
2011-08-30, 06:47 PM
Higher modifier.
---
Yes, this is certainly where the front door leads. Another man, this one in armor, sits at yet another desk, looking pissed. on the desk is a Longsword and a piece of parchment.

If you choose to lean over and read it,

My Lord Durin,

Unfortunately, my Diviner is still comatose. As I explained before, I sense no sabotage, as he seemed almost to expect this would happen. We all but begged him not to cast that strange spell of his, to test it when it wasn't as important he be alive and well; but he claimed your orders to find those damned goblins superceded us. He seems unharmed, but our best clerics can't wake him. We even tried Raise Dead. At least the Diamonds weren't lost.

If he ever wakes, we may find ourselves with any level of new information, or perhaps none at all. It seems only time can rouse him. We've had a Cleric give him Last Rites, just in case.

My apologies, and regards to Madam Jana,
General Vaer

PS: Do we have any linguists? We can't make heads or tails of the oaf's notes, and they're warded against all the language spells we can think of. I recognised a few bits in Elven, so either that part wasn't warded, or it takes a natural speaker of the tongues to read them.

Debatra
2011-08-30, 06:52 PM
Lets see, they should have a higher Dexterity than Strength, I could go weapon focus, dodge or toughness. I'll go with.... Dodge.

Human Warrior Skeletons have a listed 13 for both Str and Dex.

Str 13, Dex 13, Con Ø, Int Ø, Wis 10, Cha 1

Feel free to change these with PB. 8 points total (counting the underbuy in Cha)

Ralasha
2011-08-30, 08:15 PM
dex 1, str 1, str 2, 4, totals: STR 16, Dex 14

Debatra
2011-08-30, 08:58 PM
You misunderstood. The Skeleton's stats, AS THEY ARE, translate to 8 PB. Unless you want to take off a Wis point or two, you can only give him 12/14 or 14/12.

For underbuying purposes, each stat <9 is as low as it's getting. 9 or more can be lowered to 8.

Ralasha
2011-08-30, 09:19 PM
Meh, drop 2 wisdom, make it 14 14

Taekwondodo
2011-08-31, 08:18 AM
[Ooooooo, interesting]

Alassieth decides that it would be a good idea to find this General Vaer. The Diviner's notes could give information on the war between the goblins and humans. She searches this room.

Search: [roll0]

Ralasha
2011-08-31, 09:14 AM
Than will have the skeletons stay here, and go back to the house, and knock on the door.... again.

CWater
2011-08-31, 09:55 AM
"It all seems a little odd." he murmurs. "I don't really trust anyone we've encountered, but we have no real reason to believe that they're lying."

His wolf is there too.
"Hm, I agree. The goblins really want these human dead and if they are indeed invaders, I do not complain. But I would like to hear the other side of this story before taking sides. Do you agree?"

(Is Debatra with us?)

Debatra
2011-08-31, 11:35 AM
@ Lix/CWater: He's with you. I would've responded earlier, but you both threw me for a loop with the whole "let's ignore the strange voice coming from our comrade's mind" thing. Anyway...

"Yes, that would probably be best."

"I don't much care either way. Let's be done with this and get out of here."

(it should be noted that, as there's lack of specification in the spell description, I'm ruling that you can 'direct' telepathy so that only certain people in the link hear you)

As you follow the directions you were given; you spot Thanatos, alongside four skeletons, approaching a door.

---

@ Ralasha: As you approach the door, you smell something... just plain awful. (literally; not as in 'something's not right') Roll a Fortitude save.

---

@ Dodo: You find yet another book, this one lying on the floor. A Beginner's Guide to Incantations

There's also a small lockbox. (see me in AIM before moving on; I found something you may want to look at)

Ralasha
2011-08-31, 12:34 PM
Fortitude Save: [roll0]

Thanatos stands back and has a skeleton open the door.

Debatra
2011-08-31, 12:45 PM
Made your save.

The house seems to be short one occupant, and the Ghast didn't leave; only moved closer to the open window next to the door. It's holding out a small piece of parchment.

Taekwondodo
2011-08-31, 01:32 PM
Alassieth takes 10 to disable the trap on the box and then takes 10 to unlock it.

Disable device: (10+15) 25
Open lock: (10+16) 26

Ralasha
2011-08-31, 02:02 PM
Than takes the parchment, but notedly does not read it. Being aware of course, of the magic writings can contain. Thanatos will cast Detect Magic, and look at the scroll WITHOUT READING IT.

Debatra
2011-08-31, 03:56 PM
It's not magical.
---
While too numerous to count right away, the box is filled with gold. You suspect dumping it into your pouch may make some noise.

Did you take/are you taking the parchment?

Ralasha
2011-08-31, 04:02 PM
Than will read whatever is written on the scroll.

Taekwondodo
2011-08-31, 04:02 PM
The one the guy's reading?

EDIT: Oh, wait it was just on his desk.

EDIT2: Would it be possible to send Jasper outside (through the window we came in) to make a racket (the guy doesn't have any long range weapons does he?) and run away when he opens the door to look out. Alassieth can swipe the gold and the letter and then scarper herself, meeting up with Jasper.

Debatra
2011-08-31, 04:20 PM
You can see that this was a hasty scrawl.

I thought you might come back. The Ghast has been instructed not to attack unless attacked. I have business elsewhere and found this to be the best time for it.
---
Yes, that one. Well, he's not reading it at the moment. He's just sitting there, staring in the general direction of the front door.

Wait... I thought Jasper stayed with the others (you know, spell only works when he's really close)?

Taekwondodo
2011-08-31, 04:23 PM
Oops I misunderstood you. That's plan J out the window then...

Taekwondodo
2011-08-31, 04:30 PM
[While I think up a new plan.]

Alassieth takes the letter.

Sleight of Hand: [roll0]

EDIT: She also takes the whole lockbox, rather than alerting the man by just taking the gold.

Debatra
2011-08-31, 04:46 PM
I'm not even rolling that one. Not even on a 20.

Taekwondodo
2011-08-31, 04:53 PM
[Probably wont even notice it's gone. :smallbiggrin:]

Alassieth head through to the first room and, since she didn't do it when she first came in, searches it.

Search: [roll0]

[There weren't any stairs were there? Those were all the rooms?]

Lix Lorn
2011-08-31, 05:05 PM
Laen, on seeing Thanatos there, stops, and watches curiously.

Ralasha
2011-08-31, 05:24 PM
Than will head back outside and start heading back to where she last saw the others.

Debatra
2011-08-31, 05:44 PM
@ Dodo:

He might notice at some point, maybe once he calms down a bit.

Nothing left to find in this room. Only one floor.

---

@ Ralasha:

As Thanatos turns back, she notices the group nearby. Well... most of them, anyway.

Ralasha
2011-08-31, 06:39 PM
Thanatos will start heading back to the group. "Well, I got some information, they appear to be evil, from what I have gathered. What a turn around... I'm so used to it being everything ELSE that's evil..." She gestures to herself "Drow for example, around here I wouldn't be surprised if they all cavort around with flowers on their heads... Also, they have a general directing them from some place close by. I'm about to go see him, where are the rest of you heading?"

Taekwondodo
2011-09-01, 04:26 AM
Alassieth leaves the house and heads back to the crossroads. She is heading towards the main gate of the town (the best place to find this General) but if she sees the rest of the group she will join them first.

Debatra
2011-09-01, 04:56 AM
Okay, so everyone's caught up in the timeline. With the exception of Alassieth at the crossroad, the group is gathered in front of the Necromancer's door.

CWater
2011-09-01, 12:46 PM
"That would also be our direction", Irethírra replies to Thanatos. "What did you learn about that necromancer?"

Her bat, who has been flying aimlessly until now, notices the group and makes a quick dive, landing in Irethírra's hair. The elf makes a face.

(I didn't specifically ignore the 'voice in the head' thing. It's just that Ire appears to dislike the idea of it and trusts that someone else from the group will take care of communicating with Udu. Can he also hear what she speaks aloud?)

Ralasha
2011-09-01, 12:51 PM
"I learned that he is paranoid, about as powerful as me, was gathering information from the dead, he's a bad liar, and he was hiding something, oh, also, he took off. Might be heading towards the general, we should make haste."

Taekwondodo
2011-09-01, 02:25 PM
[The first crossroad she would come to, with the gnome at it?]

Alassieth travels west to the other crossroads.

CWater
2011-09-01, 02:55 PM
"Hmm, I agree. Udu said that the general would be at some palisade little further from here. He mentioned a gate next to a tent. If no one disagrees, I suggest we follow Thanatos' advice and try to get there as quickly as we can." She is about to start walking, when something comes to her mind and she asks: "By the way, the dead, which the necromancer was gathering information from, what race where they?"

Ralasha
2011-09-01, 03:58 PM
"Let me think... Human and Goblin. It's possible that there is actually a third side involved in this. Making the other two war so that they will be easier to defeat, but that is probably just paranoia talking."

Debatra
2011-09-01, 05:51 PM
@ Dodo:

They're really not that far from each other. You can clearly see them from where you are.

---

"What did he try to lie about?"

Ralasha
2011-09-01, 05:56 PM
Than begins walking to the next destination, "He tried saying he was looking for some cubby hole hidden in a wall. It was as much a lie as the sky being chartreuse."

Debatra
2011-09-01, 06:03 PM
Than begins walking to the next destination,

She then remembers she has no idea where she's going, because nobody told her any directions beyond where she is now.

Ralasha
2011-09-01, 06:12 PM
"So... which way is it?"

Taekwondodo
2011-09-02, 04:10 AM
Seeing the rest of the group Alassieth goes up to them and, as she is still invisible for the moment, makes her presence known. Picking up a stick she makes a quick sketch on the ground showing the area.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/Dodos-are-not-extinct/Map.png

Pointing at various parts of the map as she speaks, she says,There were humans outside the main gates of the town and I had a good search around the large house here. There are two people inside, who I believe to be Lord Durin and Madam Jana. I found these two vials and a couple of magic scrolls, can anyone figure out what the contents are and decipher the spells? She puts the items mentioned on the ground so they become visible. The first spell of the minor scroll is a Spider Climb, CL 3. I also found his letter. The notes mentioned could give us some information about the war between the Goblins and Humans. So far I have not been convinced either way. What news do the rest of you have?

Ralasha
2011-09-02, 09:42 AM
"I see, I saw we actually speak with Durin, but in the meantime I should enjoy reading whatever it was you found so enlightening."

Taekwondodo
2011-09-02, 09:50 AM
[She put down the letter as well, I just forgot to say.]

Ralasha
2011-09-02, 09:53 AM
Than will pick up the scroll with the writing on it, and attempt to read it.

Debatra
2011-09-03, 06:07 AM
"Nice. Find anything else interesting?"

Taekwondodo
2011-09-03, 06:20 AM
Just a book on warriors from an old elven kingdom, known as Green Runners. Probably nothing of import to our quest but I picked it up anyway.

While the others are looking at the rest of her finds she has a look at the book.

Debatra
2011-09-03, 06:35 AM
"Really? I think I read something about them in my studies..."

The Kaedan leans over his allies shoulder, reading along with her.

Knowledge (Arcana) - [roll0]

(anyone else who wants to make a Knowledge check, this book is sufficient for a +2 circumstance bonus it's moot now; max DC is 30)
---
The book provides little more than was already known (everyone can read this spoiler)

The fleet warrior’s array was created by an elf kingdom for a legion of warriors chosen for their speed and endurance. Called the Green Runners, these warriors received special training that built upon their talents. They were noted for tirelessly running long distances and for acting as expert scouts and commandos. The Green Runners were the kingdom’s elite fighting force, and bands of Green Runners were occasionally sent to aid the kingdom’s allies. The warriors received pieces of the fleet warrior’s array as an indication of rank. The highest-ranking members owned all three and were elevated out of the ranks of the legion to serve as an elite cadre of Green Runner guards for the royal family. Each of the elves in this group effectively held the rank of general and acted as an advisor to the king and queen, a position to which every Green Runner could aspire. Tales of the Green Runners have traveled widely, and in many of the lands surrounding their former kingdom, elves and half-elves tell tales of their bravery and prowess. An elf or half-elf wearing an item from the fleet warrior’s array is often mistaken for one of the Green Runners by those who know the stories.

When the elf kingdom was conquered by its enemies, the Green Runner generals went into hiding, taking with them the pregnant queen and the last hope of preserving the dynasty. They vanished into the depths of a huge and ancient forest, and efforts to locate their hideout proved futile. When the Green Runners fled into the forest with the elf queen they split into many small groups to confuse their pursuers. The group that guarded the queen never rejoined the rest, and now the Green Runners who remain search for clues to what happened to their leader and her child. If the queen gave birth, the royal heir would now be an adult, perhaps ignorant of his or her heritage.

---
Debatra's stirred memories however, provide more information than he could've hoped:

Some say that the Green Runner generals were traitors to the elf kingdom, and they kidnapped the queen for some personal gain. Those who tell these tales blame the fall of the empire on the generals, because the king lacked his best fighters and advisors when the kingdom was attacked and was forced to divide his attention between two foes. That the Green Runners now seek the queen and her child there can be no doubt, but whether the Green Runners who seek them are the generals or those from the rank and file, none can say.

We'll come back to this another time, but feel free to read this now:
DC 30: A check result of 30 or higher reveals the location of a piece of the set. Use this to drive further adventure and direct the PCs toward some location or story you would like them to explore.

I'm unconcerned with this now. Maybe I'll let you guys vote on what sort of theme you want it to be in. (probably)

Taekwondodo
2011-09-03, 06:59 AM
So they were either loyal to the end or traitors. Anyone deciphered the spells or figured out what is in the vials yet?

Debatra
2011-09-03, 08:11 AM
I was going to let someone else take a crack at it, but since I'm the only one online right now with a decent Spellcraft check...

[roll0] - Protection from (Alignment)
[roll1] - Identify

[roll2] - Stone to Flesh
[roll3] - Cloudkill
[roll4] - Greater Arcane Sight
[roll5] - Overland Flight
[roll6] - Failed
[roll7] - Waves of Fatigue

If everyone else fails that last Spellcraft check, Debatra will cast Read Magic.

Lix Lorn
2011-09-03, 08:52 AM
(Uh. I just realised I'd only used 5/6 skills, and I AM a wizard... I was going to put the forgotten ones in spellcraft, giving me +11?)

Debatra
2011-09-03, 09:23 AM
Based on rechecking everyone's sheets, I'd like to remind everyone that we each get two skills to count as permanent Class Skills.

Taekwondodo
2011-09-03, 09:39 AM
What does that mean?

Debatra
2011-09-03, 09:47 AM
You and I took care of it when we wer making yours. You don't need to worry about it.

Ralasha
2011-09-03, 09:58 AM
(Who does need to worry about it?) Than will read the scroll aloud.

Debatra
2011-09-03, 12:01 PM
(You and CWater should give your sheets a once-over. I'm not familiar with Favored Soul or Dread Necromancer Skill lists, and CWater has ranks all over the place. Lix too, but that was taken care of.)

In case anyone didn't read it before:
My Lord Durin,

Unfortunately, my Diviner is still comatose. As I explained before, I sense no sabotage, as he seemed almost to expect this would happen. We all but begged him not to cast that strange spell of his, to test it when it wasn't as important he be alive and well; but he claimed your orders to find those damned goblins superceded us. He seems unharmed, but our best clerics can't wake him. We even tried Raise Dead. At least the Diamonds weren't lost.

If he ever wakes, we may find ourselves with any level of new information, or perhaps none at all. It seems only time can rouse him. We've had a Cleric give him Last Rites, just in case.

My apologies, and regards to Madam Jana,
General Vaer

PS: Do we have any linguists? We can't make heads or tails of the oaf's notes, and they're warded against all the language spells we can think of. I recognised a few bits in Elven, so either that part wasn't warded, or it takes a natural speaker of the tongues to read them.

Ralasha
2011-09-03, 12:16 PM
"Well now, let us go meet Durin, shall we?"

Taekwondodo
2011-09-04, 02:11 PM
I was hoping to try and find this General Vaer but I guess we could get information from Durin first.

[Is she visible yet? And if not can we just say she is?]

Ralasha
2011-09-04, 02:16 PM
[Just attack a rock. Attacking will make you visible.]
"Very well." Than begins walking in the direction of Durin.

Debatra
2011-09-04, 05:09 PM
Debatra dismisses his spell.

She then remembers she has no idea where she's going, because nobody told her any directions beyond where she is now.

...again. :smallamused:

CWater
2011-09-05, 11:18 AM
(Didn't Alassieth draw a map? Well, anyway)

"Yes, let's go see this lord Durin then." Irethírra looks at Alassieth (who I presume is now visible) "Could you guide us?"

Ralasha
2011-09-05, 11:20 AM
Spellcraft on the last scroll:
[roll0]

Taekwondodo
2011-09-05, 01:10 PM
[Debatra dismissed the spell]

Sure, follow me.

She leads the way to the big house.

Debatra
2011-09-05, 01:21 PM
Scroll: None of us have a clue. Debatra casts Read Magic. It's Veil.

Map: ...Oops. Anyway, unless anyone objects, looks like we're going to Durin.

"This time, I think we may want to agree upon who is and isn't allowed to speak before we do something stupid."

As he says this, he looks toward Laen.

"Do any of you have Silence or something prepared? I'd rather we shut that idiot Drow up before giving her a chance to get us all killed this time."

Ralasha
2011-09-05, 01:32 PM
"Can we PLEASE just get on with this? Or am I just going back to the boat?"

Debatra
2011-09-05, 02:17 PM
"Go back to the ship! Go ba-"
"Shut up, you."

"You can do either as far as I'm concerned. The rest of us will likely be at Durin's."

Ralasha
2011-09-05, 02:23 PM
"Fine." Thanatos heads back to the goblin leader.

Taekwondodo
2011-09-05, 02:57 PM
Alassieth wonders what has caused Thanatos to storm off but she does seem to have a bit of a short fuse. She does go after her to tell her the way to the big house (follow this road till get to the second crossroads and you should be able to see it from there) if she changes her mind and decides to follow us later. She then heads to the house herself, hoping the others are following.

Debatra
2011-09-05, 03:32 PM
So... *attempts to jumpstart after stunned silence*

Knock and Talk, or Kick-in-the-Door? Try to sneak in? Some combination? Something else?

Taekwondodo
2011-09-05, 03:38 PM
There was just Durin and a woman in the house so there would not be much resistance. I for one, however, am reluctant to use force until we are sure of which group is in the right, although I do admit that I may be leaning towards the Goblins side. I vote Knock and Talk. We can always change but there is no way to come back from Kick-in-the-door.

EDIT:It would be a good idea to get our story straight. Our ship is damaged and we came in for repairs. If he asks we can say we were attacked but do not say by who. We can have come by way of the necromancer, he mentioned Durin to Thanatos while they were talking. I only wish we had got his name.

Taekwondodo
2011-09-06, 02:44 PM
As no one has said anything in opposition of this course of action, Alassieth walks up and knocks on the door of the large house.

Ralasha
2011-09-06, 03:18 PM
Thanatos will turn around and head back to the party, if they have since gone she will head in the direction of Durin.

CWater
2011-09-06, 06:42 PM
Irethírra walks closer to the door and stops about 2 meters behind Alassieth. She holds her ritiik in her hand, but not in a threatening way.
Lucra pokes her head out of the elf's hair, sniffing the air around the house. "You stay there." Irethírra mutters silently.

Debatra
2011-09-10, 01:10 AM
After a few moments. Durin opens the door.

[roll0] (picking color)
"Hmm? Ah, you must be the mercenaries I was told about. Come to kill some Goblins, eh? Well you'll have plenty of that here. I apologise, but I was told all five of you were Elves?"

Taekwondodo
2011-09-10, 01:31 AM
Alassieth shrugs.

Maybe there was some miscommunication somewhere? Our party is mostly Elves, I guess.

Debatra
2011-09-12, 09:07 AM
"Perhaps... Anyway, standard payment is ten gold each week just being here and doing the most menial of tasks, plus expenses and signifigant bonuses for certain jobs completed. Battles are paid based on performance; but it really comes down to whether or not you show up drunk, so don't bother trying anything fancy or risking your necks for an extra coin.

If these terms aren't to your liking, feel free to negotiate with General Fanni, though I'd advise you not to annoy him. He's pay and taskmaster for us. You report to him now. If you're interested in any decent wages, I'd recommend you go to him soon. He'll be in the first building in the Palisade, just right of the gate after entering.

Any questions?"

Taekwondodo
2011-09-12, 09:31 AM
More information about the war itself, maybe? What are you up against? How did it start? Anything like that. Make sure we're on the right side! She laughs.

Debatra
2011-09-12, 03:31 PM
At this, Durin raises an eyebrow. "Right side? We're dealing with goblins here. What more is there to know?"

Taekwondodo
2011-09-12, 04:27 PM
Pardon me, I was merely making light of the situation. That information would be helpful though...

CWater
2011-09-13, 03:31 PM
Irethírra eyes the house. "This town is quite secluded, is it not? At least, it was not marked on any of our ship's maps. How come someone addressed as Lord lives in such a place?"

Debatra
2011-09-14, 07:04 AM
"I don't have to explain myself to you. Get out of my house." You notice his hand move slightly toward his blade.

Taekwondodo
2011-09-14, 09:06 AM
Now, now. She chides, readying her own weapon. That's not a very smart course of action is it? Especially with 4 (5? Has Than caught up?) of us and one of you. We just asked for some information before we left. Tell us and then we can go report to General Fanni.

And if what I'm now suspecting is true, She thinks to herself, then we can slit your throat before we leave.

Ralasha
2011-09-14, 08:16 PM
((If than has caught up, detect alignment.))

Debatra
2011-09-15, 11:07 AM
She caught up before they went in, and Strong Lawful Evil. You also detect Faint Chaotic Neutral behind the wall to your right.

Ralasha
2011-09-15, 01:37 PM
Than will look over towards the wall. "Hello, who's behind the wall there?"

Debatra
2011-09-17, 01:27 PM
"You... you're threatening me? This ought to be good." Durin takes his blade from the table, making no advances. At the Drow's question, he raises an eyebrow and glances over. "Not that it's any of your business, again, but that would be my wife. Now leave."

Then the unknown voice from before speaks up. "This should be entertaining. Let's waste this idiot."

CWater
2011-09-17, 02:33 PM
"There is no need to resort to violence", Irethírra says coldly to Durin, "We simply wish to know more of the matter we are to take part in. Unlike some, we are not a group of mindless mercenaries."

Taekwondodo
2011-09-17, 02:43 PM
I believe it was you who threatened us first, over a very innocent question I might add. Is there something you are trying to hide from us?

CWater
2011-09-17, 04:28 PM
(I believe Dilomacy checks are in order. They're rolled secretly, right?)

Debatra
2011-09-17, 05:07 PM
"Oh really now? How pray tell did I do that?"

CWater
2011-09-17, 06:42 PM
"Hostility is unnecessary", she puts her right hand on Alassieth's shoulder, "pardon my young friend's choice of words. But we would really wish to know more about the current situation before taking any action."

Diplomacy then (not exactly Ire's forte: [roll0]

(what the f...alling rodent, a natural 20!!! O_o)

Ralasha
2011-09-17, 07:15 PM
"I believe actions, as well as words may be construed as threats. For example, one might reach for their weapon. Or suggest that such an action is unwise. I myself do not care for such sophistry. It only deducts from the value of ones death. Delicious, tasty death." She licks her lips, and smiles.

Taekwondodo
2011-09-18, 04:08 AM
Alassieth looks at Thanatos nonplussed, then turns back to Durin. Er...yes. You started to reach for your weapon, maybe I did overreact a little though. That information would be helpful.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

EDIT: Wow...That was...bad.

Debatra
2011-09-18, 09:44 AM
At this, Durin visibly calms, and replaces his blade on the desk. "Ah yes, well someone in my position can't generally afford to be off-guard when a potential threat shows up at his door. Although I can't fathom what information you could want that we didn't give you before you came here."

Ralasha
2011-09-18, 01:28 PM
Thanatos smiles brightly at Durin. "May I ask a question without it being perceived as an insult, a threat, or some other form of negativity of which I am accosted with plenty?"

Debatra
2011-09-18, 02:07 PM
"Of course. Ask away."

Ralasha
2011-09-18, 02:13 PM
"Alright then, for my first question. Why is your wife hiding behind the wall, is she injured, or diseased? It is possible one of us may be able to heal her of any such ailments.

For my second question. How did the war between the goblins and the other races begin?"

Debatra
2011-09-18, 10:35 PM
Durin glances over to the wall again. "...What? Just because she's not in this room doesn't mean she's ill. She has better things to do than entertain mercenaries all day. As for your second, who knows? Humans and goblins have been warring for as long as I can remember."

Ralasha
2011-09-18, 11:55 PM
"Then might there be a way of finding a peaceful concord?"

Debatra
2011-09-19, 11:26 AM
"If the goblins are interested in peace, they have a funny way of showing it. Either way, I'm not."

CWater
2011-09-19, 03:13 PM
"May I ask why is this? I can...see why you humans care little for the goblins, but does not the endless fighting become needlessly costly in the long run? If it already has been going on so long, I doubt it'll end tomorrow, or any time soon."

(Btw, Ire has a somewhat prominent accent when she's speaking in Common, and even in Elven, her dialect may sound a little strange. Not that it probably affects anything, just thought I'd mention it:smalltongue:)

Ralasha
2011-09-19, 07:04 PM
"Indeed. I am interested in what mission you might have for us, but will not be accepting payment unless I find the mission, and reason for it, to my liking and morality."

Debatra
2011-09-20, 06:40 PM
"Perhaps 'warring' wasn't the right word. It's more or less just what we do. Humans kill goblins, goblins kill Humans. That's just how it's been."

"As I've said, that's Fanni's area. You get your assignments from him, you collect payment from him."

Debatra
2011-09-20, 06:43 PM
"You keep saying humans but, [I]aren't you a Dwarf?"

...No, no he's not.

That explains why you mentioned a dwarf earlier though. I thought you meant the one from before.

Taekwondodo
2011-09-23, 03:34 PM
Could you just reiterate the information you gave us before we came here? It was a long journey and I think it would be a good idea to have it fresh.

Debatra
2011-09-24, 09:00 PM
"What more is there to know? We're fighting goblins. Report to General Fanni at your leisure, but as I said before I'd recommend sooner over later if you want to make decent coin."

CWater
2011-09-25, 06:12 AM
Feeling that there's nothing more they can get out of Durin, Irethírra says to him: "We shall head to that direction then, farewell." To the party through the telepathy: "Come, we should get out of his earshot. I think we need to discuss all this."

Taekwondodo
2011-09-28, 11:25 AM
Very well, thank you for your time. She follows Irethírra out.

Taekwondodo
2011-10-04, 05:19 PM
Well that was a waste of our time. Alassieth says in Elven once they have all exited from the building. What's next? Go see General Fanni, who hopefully has more answers or, one of us elves go and try and find General Vaer and the rest of the group go talk to Fanni? Or some other plan?

[ooc: which someone will hopefully mention and not leave me feeling like I'm standing here talking to myself.]

CWater
2011-10-08, 02:34 PM
"I really do not know what would be the best course of action here", Irethírra says, a typical cold expression on her face, "Goblins and humans caught in some meaningless fight is nothing new to me. It is not our business nor responsibility what they do to each other. And I cannot see what could we even do about it, were we to try to interfere."

"So, the situation being what it is, I suggest that we report back to our ship's captain. He asked us to gather information of this area, I think we have more than enough for him by now."

(by all means, do disagree with her if your character would do so:smalltongue:)

Taekwondodo
2011-10-08, 03:12 PM
It seems a little like we are giving up. I just wish we could find out who was the wronged party and help them but so far we just seem to be going around in circles. Another problem with going back to the ship, as I can see it, is passing by the goblins again. They could feel like we've given up as well...

CWater
2011-10-09, 06:16 PM
"True, that. As for the right or wrong of the situation, I wonder if there even is one. People wrong each other every day in this world, often for very petty reasons, too. If there is no clear villain, I do not see why we should get dragged in other's mess."

(Hey! Ralasha! Lix! What do your characters say?!)

Lix Lorn
2011-10-09, 06:22 PM
(Laen rarely says. He watches, and listens.)

Laen watches, and listens.

Ralasha
2011-10-10, 03:56 PM
"Not a complete waste. Just mostly a waste, for instance, we now know that the goblins aren't evil but the 'humans' are."

Debatra
2011-10-10, 04:52 PM
"I doubt either side in this is entirely innocent; though I admit it's beginning to look like some Humans, and apparently Elves, just sought to rid the area of Goblins."

"Either way, I believe the Goblins had this land first, and we made a deal with them to get help fixing the Waftage, so I vote we make good on our side of the bargain. I'll stay with you if you want to keep the mercenary charade up for now. Besides, as long as the real mercs don't show up, we have a chance to make some fast coin before we act, and I'm interested in this 'strange spell' the note references."

A few seconds later, that strange voice perks up again.

"I say we sit back, enjoy watching the fight and claim we sided with the winner. No risk and all reward."

Ralasha
2011-10-10, 05:45 PM
"I will be siding with the Goblins regardless of the rest of you, or who started the fight."

CWater
2011-10-11, 11:46 PM
"Hmm...Your words do have some truth in them, Debatra." Irethírra is silent for a moment as she ponders the situation. "I am still against of getting involved in this mess though, but I can accompany you for now. Are we to see this General Fanni, then?"

Through the telepathy:

"And who might you be? With that last comment of yours, I doubt you are any of the goblins."

Debatra
2011-10-12, 07:55 AM
Those within the link can feel the unfamiliar voice struggling not to laugh. After a moment; this fades and the voice comes again, still seemingly from Debatra:

"Of course I'm not. It's about time one of you picked up on that. I'd begun to fear you'd already thought my Kaedan mad; that he hears strange voices in his head all the time. Any of you that actually care will have that question answered by knowing that my name is Iaerta."

"I'm starting to regret letting her pull this."

Taekwondodo
2011-10-23, 03:41 PM
To General Fanni then. If no-one objects I will tell him that Durin "mentioned" that Vaer was looking for an Elf to see about translation and shall volunteer myself. I would really like to have a look at those notes.

Debatra
2011-10-23, 06:39 PM
"Sounds fine to me, though I'll come with you if you don't mind. And I should point out that this Vaer person apparently understands Elven, as he claimed to understand some of these notes. Perhaps it may be best if we simply ask Vaer's whereabouts and claim we're to report to him."

Ralasha
2011-10-23, 10:38 PM
"How about we just make a side trip."

Taekwondodo
2011-10-24, 05:33 AM
Would it not seem a bit suspicious if all of us were to look for Vaer?

Ralasha
2011-10-24, 05:18 PM
"I don't think it would."

Taekwondodo
2011-10-25, 08:26 AM
You don't think a whole group of mercenaries saying they were told to report to someone that only needs help to translate some notes would be suspicious? Or at least slightly strange?

Ralasha
2011-10-25, 04:51 PM
"I don't think that most people would be thinking of it in that specific light. After all, there are many things he may need assistance with, and since there are 'hostiles' out here, he may also need protection. Let me ask you, do you think it would be suspicious for a sage of sorts, whom seems to be important, to have bodyguards assigned?"

Debatra
2011-10-25, 05:07 PM
"There's a simple enough solution: we lie. Tell Fanni we're to report to General Vaer. If he asks why, say we haven't been told."

Taekwondodo
2011-10-26, 04:40 AM
Alassieth shrugs. OK, I hadn't thought of that, we'll do it your way.

CWater
2011-10-27, 02:45 PM
"I dislike the idea of such lying", Irethirra says in a cold tone, "but there are worse things than that, I suppose. Fine, do as you wish."

One exam tomorrow! Then I'm free!:smallsmile:

Debatra
2011-11-01, 05:00 PM
[roll0]

As you enter the building you were sent to, you see two Human men standing at the back of the single room, near a fireplace. As they turn to you, the one on the left speaks up. "Haven't seen you around here before. Who might you lot be?"

Ralasha
2011-11-01, 06:54 PM
"We might be mercenaries."

Debatra
2011-11-01, 07:28 PM
"Might be?"

Ralasha
2011-11-01, 07:44 PM
"You did ask who we might be. Did you not? Or was I incorrect in answering your question in such a way. I am more used to the whispers of the dead, than to speaking with the living. So please forgive me if you find I respond oddly."

Debatra
2011-11-01, 08:08 PM
"...Alright, so who are you?"

Ralasha
2011-11-01, 08:29 PM
"I am Thanatos of the changing eyes, a Necromancer, and priestess of Wee Jas. Myself and the others have come here from Durin to speak with Fanni."

Debatra
2011-11-01, 08:45 PM
"That's better. Durin will have already told you how standard payment works, so I assume you're here for some kind of odd job?"

Taekwondodo
2011-11-05, 06:16 AM
Durin did mention that General Vaer was in need of assistance. Alassieth said.

Debatra
2011-11-06, 02:18 PM
Your statement causes a slight raised eyebrow. "Really? Why didn't he just send you straight there if that's where he wanted you?"

"Well, he only mentioned it in passing. He didn't give us any orders."

"Very well. He's in the big tent you passed on your way here if you want that assignment. Though I warn you I haven't been told enough about his situation to guarantee a specific payment. Let me know if you want something more concrete."

Ralasha
2011-11-06, 03:53 PM
"And something more concrete would be?"

Debatra
2011-11-06, 08:51 PM
"Well there I believe you have a few choices."

He moves over to a nearby table and picks up a piece of parchment.

"Let's see... There's a small group just north of our gates giving us some trouble. We're not sure what they are or how many are there. See Jameson if you want directions. That pays... 1,000 gold, plus a possible bonus depending on what the creatures turn out to be. Jameson will go with you to verify the threat. He's just outside by the door.

Arnus needs a bit of help. He won't say what, but he claims it's a 100 gold job. I'll judge that once I find out what it is. Probably another delivery. You'll find him just north of here, in the next building over.

Feel free to ask around for other odd jobs. It's normally the generals that have things that things done, but anyone might need help. Our generals can be identified outside of battlezones with this emblem on their left shoulders." He indicates his own, bearing a silver circle with a green triangle inside.

"Their seals and signatures are sufficient to receive payment, but anyone of lower rank must see me personally. Any questions?

Ralasha
2011-11-06, 09:10 PM
Interesting symbol, may I inquire as to its meaning and history?

Debatra
2011-11-06, 09:13 PM
"Ha! Durin says it's got some kind of mystical signifigance, but most of us agree he made it up on the fly."

Like I did, just now.

Ralasha
2011-11-06, 09:22 PM
"I would have to concur, since I do not recognize it, and am educated in both the arcane and divine."

Debatra
2011-11-06, 09:25 PM
"Heh. So, any of those jobs interest you?"

Ralasha
2011-11-06, 09:34 PM
"I believe I heard something about a scholar that may require some assistance?"

Debatra
2011-11-06, 10:03 PM
Fanni looks at his list again.

"I don't have anything about that, but feel free to look for him."

Taekwondodo
2011-11-07, 02:33 PM
I'm going to go see what General Vaer wants. Anyone else coming with me? Alassieth asks her companions. He's in the big tent, you say? The one outside the gates? She asks Fanni.

Debatra
2011-11-07, 02:42 PM
"No, inside the gate. From Durin, you would have passed it to get here."

"I'm in."

Debatra
2011-11-12, 05:29 PM
You come to the Medical tent, and find Vaer by the crest Fanni showed you. After telling him you're here to try to figure out the Diviner's notes, he shows you to a nearby desk with a small pile of papers. "Have fun, and let me know if you get anything."

This spoiler for everyone:
Since I obviously know what to do here (or will nothing work?), it won't be fun watching you guys mess around for a while before my guy "miraculously" (read: unfairly) figures out a good course of action. At the same time, it wouldn't be fair for me to sit out completely, because I have skills and spells you don't that may or may not help here. What if the answer is to cast Detect Thoughts? I'm the only one that has that spell prepared.

(Quick Note: That's not it. Don't try it.)

Solution: Everyone roll 1d100. No modifiers. The results will be treated as an initiative of sorts. Highest roll gets control of my character for a bit, proceeding in order. Naturally, I reserve vito power for anything absolutely stupid that may happen. Sheets are in the OP of this thread (as always). If you don't know what a spell does, ask away.
---
Checking the sheets to get the above Detect Thoughts example, I think the Wizards should have coordinated a bit. We have a lot of the same spells prepared.

Also, Thanatos has Detect Undead listed twice on her DN spell list.

Taekwondodo
2011-11-12, 06:49 PM
Alassieth tries actually reading the papers first, in case it is just a native Elven speaker that is needed.

[roll0]

Debatra
2011-11-13, 08:10 PM
Most of the papers can't be read. The one scrap that can is a short list of herbs and instructions for their preperation. However, you soon lose interest.

You can't fathom why a tea recipe would be mixed in with these spell notes.

Ralasha
2011-11-13, 08:24 PM
Thanatos will look at the tea recipe, and try to determine if it is actually a potion recipe.
Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]
Knowledge Religion: [roll1]

So?

Debatra
2011-11-14, 03:24 AM
It is not.

Ralasha
2011-11-14, 08:32 AM
Thanatos will look around for the correct herbs, and make the tea.

Taekwondodo
2011-11-14, 12:19 PM
Since no-one else has rolled to control Debatra can I get you to cast Read Magic? Hopefully that does what I think it does. (I did look it up.)

Debatra
2011-11-14, 07:45 PM
Thanatos finds no herbs. Read Magic has no noticable effect.

Ralasha
2011-11-15, 12:59 AM
"Oh well, and I was looking forward to some tea. So, lets see the research notes." Thanatos will take a look, assuming them to be either history, or spell research, or research on some location.

Debatra
2011-11-15, 01:11 AM
Are you going to roll or what?

Ralasha
2011-11-15, 01:23 AM
Oh, right. Sorry.
Arcana: (1d20+13)[31]
Religion: (1d20+13)[29]
History: (1d20+13)[33]
The Planes: (1d20+13)[26]

Debatra
2011-11-15, 01:33 AM
Oh, right. Sorry.
Arcana: (1d20+13)[31]
Religion: (1d20+13)[29]
History: (1d20+13)[33]
The Planes: (1d20+13)[26]

...Your rolls are showing up in Topic Review, as well as in this quote. :smallannoyed:

Ralasha
2011-11-15, 06:50 AM
lulz. You are of course, free to check previous posts. I did it more for my own sense of humor than for anything else.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
It's not like its invisible when you reply. It's right there at the bottom of the screen.

Debatra
2011-11-16, 01:32 PM
lulz. You are of course, free to check previous posts. I did it more for my own sense of humor than for anything else.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
It's not like its invisible when you reply. It's right there at the bottom of the screen.

You recognize only a few of the simpler wards, and we already knew those or very similar were there from the letter.

Ralasha
2011-11-16, 03:03 PM
"I will require more time to study these, I recognize some of them off of the top of my head, it may take me some time."
She will take 20s on each of the skill checks, taking her time to actually look them over carefully.

Taekwondodo
2011-11-16, 03:49 PM
Debatra: Detect Magic? Along with your Artificer's Monocle?

Does that do anything? I can't see any other spells that you have that could be useful... (Unless I'm missing something)

Debatra
2011-11-16, 04:47 PM
@ Ralasha: No you won't. You can't try a Knowledge check a second time until you have at least one more rank in the appropriate skill. Taking 20 is specifically described as "trying until you get it right, and it assumes that you fail many times before succeeding."

@ Dodo: Only works for the properties of magic items. (ie, it would reveal a weapon to be a +2 Giant Bane Scimitar, but wouldn't decipher a scroll)

CWater? Lix? You guys want to try anything?

Taekwondodo
2011-11-16, 04:57 PM
Damn. I asked about another spell in OOC, I'll repost it here.

If Debatra uses Amanuensis to copy the text will it still be in the same language?

Debatra
2011-11-16, 05:08 PM
The spell description specifically says it is. It only copies text, not translates it.

Taekwondodo
2011-11-16, 05:15 PM
I'm stumped then. :smallconfused:

Lix Lorn
2011-11-16, 06:52 PM
CWater? Lix? You guys want to try anything?
I haven't a clue. Sorry.

Debatra
2011-11-20, 06:51 PM
No conclusion on Debatra's DS. Irethirra is also trained in the skill. Try it CWater?

CWater
2011-11-25, 02:06 PM
Oh, right. Sorry for my lack of posting.

Irethírra walks to Thanatos, who, I assume, is the one holding the documents. "May I take a look at them too? Though I do not hold high hopes, I am afraid I have quite little knowledge when it comes to the matters of research and the like."

Knowledge(arcana): [roll0]

Ralasha
2011-11-25, 02:14 PM
Thanatos hands Ira the documents. "This is humorous. A bunch of mages of different kinds, and none of us can puzzle out the contents of these documents."

Debatra
2011-12-05, 11:08 AM
"Quite. I can't figure them out either. Perhaps we should take them with us for now, and move on?"

Taekwondodo
2011-12-05, 12:30 PM
Fair enough, that might be our best option. What do you suggest we do now?

Ralasha
2012-01-10, 11:43 PM
"Move on. Shall we now?"

Debatra
2012-01-11, 11:14 AM
(sorry about that)

When you arrive at Arnus' post, he immidiately comes forward to greet you. He's a Dwarf of oddly large stature. A clean-shaven face, and any hair that he might have obscured by his helmet, save a pair of thin gray eyebrows. You notice he wears his Scimitar on his right side, and his bow seems to be positioned oddly on his back.

"I presume Lord Durin sent you?" he speaks with a thick, strange, yet familiar accent.

Ralasha
2012-01-11, 03:39 PM
"If you presume so, then may I presume you to be half-dwarf? I may be wrong, but you are not. Both an answer, and a riddle." Than giggles.

Debatra
2012-01-11, 08:24 PM
Arnus stares for a moment before replying. "Half-Dwarf? No, why do you ask? ...Is it because I don't have a beard? That's just a stereotype, you know. Facial hair isn't any more common with us than any other race."

Ralasha
2012-01-11, 08:26 PM
"Actually where I come from it's very much true, and even the female dwarves wear beards. In fact, back home we have a saying 'never trust a dwarf without a beard'. I find it works rather well."

Debatra
2012-01-11, 09:04 PM
The Dwarf just stares at Thanatos. Eventually: "Right... Anyway, so you're here about the arrows?"

Ralasha
2012-01-11, 09:06 PM
"I honestly have no clue what you're talking about, Durin didn't say anything about arrows. At least, not by my recollection. Then again, my memory is rather horrible." Thanatos stares at her seemingly brain dead companions. "It appears I am alone. Forgive my manners, they appear to have slipped. I am Thanatos." She turns back to the dwarf. "Oh, and the reason I asked is actually two reasons. For one, you seem unusually tall. For the other, you are, as you mentioned, beardless. Are you Jortunbred by chance?"

Taekwondodo
2012-01-12, 03:37 PM
Not that you seem to trust anyone. Alassieth says to Thanatos. Even those of us supposedly on the same team.

She turns to the Dwarf.We've actually came from General Fanni who only mentioned that you had a job and not any specifics in the matter.

Debatra
2012-01-14, 09:14 AM
"Beh, he probably thought you wouldn't take the job. Long story short; my men and I need arrows. About three-hundred. I need you to head down to Deirdre and get them."

"...Why couldn't you send one of your men instead waiting for a few random mercenaries that may have never come?"

"And what if we're attacked in the meantime? I know ot doesn't seem like it would take long, but most of that gold is for having to put up with that hag Deirdre without lopping off her head! We have melee weapons, and we're the first line of defense."

Ralasha
2012-01-14, 07:04 PM
"So... you want us to lop off her head. Got it." Thanatos turn to walk away. "Get 300 arrows, I know, I was being funny." Thanatos heads to the new destination.

Debatra
2012-01-15, 08:44 AM
Debatra holds Than's arm a moment, before turning back to the Dwarf. "Forgive us, but we're new in town. Would you mind telling us where she is?"

Arnus lets out a hard laugh. "If you want to kill her, be my guest. This conversation didn't happen of course, but you'll have my blessing either way. Deirdre's shop is on the south end of the town proper. Head back through the gate and straight down to the cliff. Turn left and you'll be looking right at her door."

Ralasha
2012-01-15, 08:51 AM
"Death comes to everyone, but when present, I am the judge, as is my holy role, and position."
When so touched, she hits him with her Charnel touch, since there is already physical contact, she shouldn't need to touch him herself.
[roll0] a black taint like the color of death rot spreads up his hand from the point of contact, but quickly stops.
"Do not touch me without permission, and never is such an aggressive manner."
Cure Moderate Wounds: [roll1]
"Now be a good boy, and remember."

Taekwondodo
2012-01-17, 12:51 PM
Thanatos! Alassieth warns. She brings her thumb and first finger together leaving a little gap between them. I'm this close to losing my patience with you and I'm probably not the only one. I don't know how to make this any clearer to you. Stop. Attacking. Your. Team. Mates. She sighs. Let's get these arrows, I guess...

Ralasha
2012-01-17, 05:19 PM
Charnel touches when touched. "I didn't attack anyone. I said don't touch me. So don't touch me, are you an idiot?"

Taekwondodo
2012-01-17, 05:33 PM
[OOC: :smallconfused: Alassieth didn't touch Thanatos.]

Debatra
2012-01-17, 06:09 PM
"And what about Alassieth? She didn't touch you. As I recall, you attacked her simply to prove you could harm us if you wanted."

He releases Thanatos and holds up the hand that was grasping her, electricity streaking around his palm. Hopefully, the message is clear. He could've retaliated. He chose not to. This time.

Ralasha
2012-01-17, 06:10 PM
"Don't touch me. There was no reason for you to grab me."

Debatra
2012-01-18, 09:36 AM
"I'll keep that in mind next time you wander off before we know where we're going."

Ralasha
2012-01-18, 09:55 AM
"I think you will find words suffice. But such aggressive actions will not be tolerated. I should point out though, that in both cases of having caused injury, I healed those I injured without need of being asked. You included. If you would prefer, I can act as you claim I do, and wound you without healing you. If you would prefer? No? Good, then quit acting like a human female every three to four weeks. If you get wounded, I will heal you, if you physically act in a manner I dislike towards myself, I will retaliate. I will heal you of any damage caused, but if you are capable of learning, it won't happen again. Please also keep in mind, I am not limit to the tiny amount of damage I inflicted."

Debatra
2012-01-18, 10:28 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199162&page=5

"And what of Alassieth? What exactly did she do to threaten you? As I recall, you attacked her just so you could... how did you put it? 'to help us understand' that you 'can be very lethal', I believe?"

Taekwondodo
2012-01-18, 10:31 AM
And you think that attacking us; and yes I do consider it was an attack, both on myself earlier and Debatra now, no matter if you healed it straight after; was the best way to "teach" us not to touch you or do anything that might aggravate you in any way? As you just said yourself "I think you will find words suffice".

Debatra
2012-01-18, 11:26 AM
"If words work so well, listen closely to these. Next time you attack any member of this party, unless you're under some spell that makes you do so; unless they attacked you first, be ready to defend yourself."

Ralasha
2012-01-18, 02:11 PM
"Indeed, I shall. I shall remember it very clearly." Shall we go now?

Debatra
2012-01-30, 05:35 PM
"What's going on over there? You've been silent for almost half an hour."

Ralasha
2012-01-30, 06:34 PM
"I'm plotting everyone's death."

Taekwondodo
2012-01-30, 06:43 PM
I thought we had agreed to go?

Debatra
2012-01-30, 07:14 PM
Either way, neither Tanatos nor Alassieth can actually hear that.

Taekwondodo
2012-01-30, 07:31 PM
Oh. That was your familiar wasn't it.

Debatra
2012-01-30, 07:41 PM
No. That was Udu.

Taekwondodo
2012-01-30, 07:50 PM
Dammit! It's hard to keep track of your voices sometimes.

Lix Lorn
2012-02-13, 04:18 PM
Laen sighs, and speaks up in a respectful voice.
"My deepest apologies. We've had a tiring day, or so it feels. Would you mind repeating yourself one more time, and then we'll do the best we can to aid you?"

Debatra
2012-02-13, 04:26 PM
"Next would best be General Fanni, most likely in the palisade to the north. I doubt you'll be able to just walk up to him." As Udu speaks, Zivar approaches, and hands him a scroll. "I doubt their guards would glance twice at a group of Elves wandering around, but any stranger trying to access their higher-ups are bound to draw attention. Take whatever measures you see fit, but the General must be killed.

To get to the palisade, take the same route as your friends, but keep going until you see a large tent. The gate will be near it. If you can, keep going east, past the gate, and see if you can spot any security for the largest building in that area. We believe their Lord Durin is there, but we can't be sure. If you get the chance, take him out as well. He's the highest priority we have.

We would appreciate if you would keep contact with us while you were gone; report certain things as you see them. This spell will allow you to do that."

He casts the scroll, and those of you that are willing find your minds linked as one.

Whenever you're ready. This link will last about an hour and a half.

He summarises what he told you before about your targets.

Lix Lorn
2012-02-13, 05:19 PM
Laen gives a nod.
"Perfect. Thank you. If my companions are done with their... discussion, we'll leave immediately?" he phrases it as a question.

Ralasha
2012-02-13, 07:04 PM
Thanatos casts her most potent undead summoning spell, and attacks the NPC.

Debatra
2012-03-12, 03:05 PM
Recap's up, the above two posts didn't happen, and we're set for a revival!

Deirdre is in the "Something here" part of the map, to the right of the line (to the left of someone facing that direction, as per Arnus' directions).

The Necromancer is of course in the area marked "Necro".

Fanni and Arnus are past "Main Gate".

Durin is in the "Large House.

There's another Human general in the "Tent".

Lix Lorn
2012-03-12, 05:49 PM
Laen will go outside and, if followed suggest quietly that they seek out the necromancer. It seems to him that they should attempt to follow their original mission where they can.

CWater
2012-03-16, 02:26 PM
"Perhaps we should do that.." Ire rubs her forehead with irritation. "I am still reluctant to get caught up in this conflict, but I am also afraid that doing nothing might turn both of the groups against us, something I would like to avoid, unless we wish to flee from this place."

Taekwondodo
2012-03-16, 03:26 PM
[You can warp us after I've said this]

Alassieth follows the other two out. Fleeing might not be an option either. You forget, our ship was damaged and the goblins are, hopefully, currently repairing it. If we return having not helped them against the humans... well. She shrugs. They probably wont be happy. We have to either help them or inform the humans where the goblins can be found, and really, I find myself more inclined to the goblins point of view. She sighs. Still, this is a mess of a situation we find ourselves in. Just because of a storm.

Debatra
2012-03-16, 03:51 PM
Laen's Detect reads Moderate Lawful Evil inside, near the door.

Lix Lorn
2012-03-16, 04:06 PM
"I believe there's an evil occupant within." he says grimly in the telepathic thing I think still exists. "So... I believe that makes our path clear."

CWater
2012-03-16, 04:09 PM
Without speaking a word, Ire opens the door. (Or tries to open it, if it's locked.)

Taekwondodo
2012-03-16, 04:24 PM
Alassieth readies her weapon.

Lix Lorn
2012-03-16, 04:34 PM
As does Laen.

Debatra
2012-03-16, 04:38 PM
As you approach the door, a putrid stench comes to you.

Fortitude Saves, everyone.

[roll0]

Taekwondodo
2012-03-16, 05:01 PM
Fortitude: [roll0]

EDIT: Alassieth coughs and pulls a corner of her sleeve across her nose.

CWater
2012-03-16, 05:04 PM
Fortitude: [roll0]

EDIT: Well, damn :smallamused:

Roc Ness
2012-03-16, 05:18 PM
Marco
A strange tall hooded man steps out from behind you, coughing. He's dressed completely in shiny-to-the-point-of-gaudy white; his face is obscured by his hood, but he sounds disgruntled enough that you can probably tell what his facial expression is.

"Oh for the love of - this is really putrid, hmm? Udu said that you knew what you were doing."

Fort: [roll0]

Lix Lorn
2012-03-16, 05:49 PM
[roll0]
Wow forum error delayed that roll...

Debatra
2012-03-16, 06:13 PM
Debatra and Irethirra are sickened for [roll0] minutes; everyone else is fine.

Still opening the door?

Taekwondodo
2012-03-16, 07:52 PM
Yes. If Ire stops, Alassieth moves forward.

CWater
2012-03-16, 07:58 PM
Ire let's Alassieth past her and leans slightly to the wall next to the door, looking a bit nauseated.

Debatra
2012-03-16, 08:42 PM
Is Laen still concentrating on Detect Evil? I'll need a check.

Lix Lorn
2012-03-16, 09:10 PM
Probably. A concentration check?

[roll0]

Debatra
2012-03-16, 10:54 PM
Apologies (READ THIS FIRST)
The creature detected near the door is actually Moderate Chaotic Evil. The Moderate Lawful Evil creature is actually farther inside.

At Marco's speech, the Chaotic Evil creature moves away from the door (taking that horrid stench with it) , which opens seemingly on its own. This is explained when a Spectral Hand moves from behind it over to an old Human man standing inside, next to the LE, which turns out to be a Human Skeleton. The CE, a Ghast, moves into view from the other side of the door.

The Human seems to have no alignment.

Roc Ness
2012-03-17, 07:06 PM
Marco
"Well, good afternoon, gentlemen. It appears my job for the day is to rid the land of you. But, before anything nasty like that, how about a civilised chat between a few people idly adhering to their job descriptions?"

"I'm sure we'd have much to discuss, such as, you know, what exactly is going on here. Wouldn't you agree."

Taekwondodo
2012-03-18, 05:06 AM
Alassieth positions herself so she has a clear shot at the ghast.

Debatra
2012-03-18, 02:04 PM
"...What? Oh, of course, let's have a nice little chat before we kill each other." You can practically smell the sarcasm as the undead move to strike.

Initiative time.

Necromancer: [roll0]
Skeleton: [roll1]
Ghast: [roll2]

Debatra: [roll3]

Skeleton - 28
Alassieth - 22
Necromancer - 19
Irethirra - 16
Ghast - 11
Debatra - 9
Laen - 8
Marco - 6

{table=head]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_
1|||h|g||||
2||||N|T|T||
3||S|||T|T||
4||||||||
5|||||G|||
6|L|A|M|/||||
7|--|--|D|--|--|--|--|--
8||||I||||
9||||||||
[/table]

N - Necromancer
S - Skeleton
G - Ghast
h - Human Corpse
g - Goblin Corpse
T - Table

The "--" and the table borders are walls, "/" is the door.

NOTE:
I'm only assuming on Alassieth's and Marco's positions; everyone let me know where you want to start. You can start at A, B or C-6, or anywhere outside. First post, first pick.

REMEMBER: We can move freely through allies' squares (or any square occupied by someone who lets us pass).

Taekwondodo
2012-03-18, 03:04 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

(We haven't done this in a while, I might have to go look up my notes on combat! Also, Just leave me where I am, I'll want to move when the round starts anyway.)

Lix Lorn
2012-03-18, 03:17 PM
[roll0]

Laen scowls, but he's not honestly that upset. At last-a simple situation.
He raises his bow, and lets loose an arrow at the necromancer, imbuing it with the sacred power of bahamut, knowing that he can see whether it strikes hard, and judge the righteousness of their cause by its power.

[roll1] (Just +12 if he's not actually evil)
[roll2] (Just +3 if he's not actually evil)

Edit: oh, and A6 please.

CWater
2012-03-18, 07:21 PM
Despite still feeling ill, Irethírra pushes herself away from the wall and moves her ritiik into an offensive position. She's in 8D.

Initiative: [roll0]

Roc Ness
2012-03-19, 01:55 AM
Oh, Marco looks fine the position he's in. Also, remember Marco's got his Iron Guard's Glare stance up, so that's a -4 to attacks against people who are Marco's allies (but not Marco himself).

... In retrospect having an "Iron Guard's Glare" probably also detracts from conversation making ability. :smallredface:

Also, Initiative: [roll0]

Marco
Marco grins. "Well sir, I'll give you ten points for excellent sarcasm, but I'm afraid I'll have to subtract all ten of them for your apparent lack of a survival instinct. Might explain why you're so keen on toying with necromancy."

"While we settle down to the business side, o'course, mind if I ask you a few questions? 'Course, I'll be asking them either way, but, y'know, your choice to answer them. Hey, first question. Who exactly are you, asides from necromancer?

As he speaks, a little glimmer of magic shimmers around Marco's fingertips. Suddenly, a bow of golden light, and an arrow to match, illuminating the room, fired swiftly at the Necromancer, a thud as it embeds itself in something, then gone. In the next instant, a small dark portal to nowhere, and a huge, brilliant blue chained hook erupts, like a cobra possessed. It crosses the gap, assaulting the necromancer.

Actions: (Once Marco's turn inevitably comes around...)
Free action: 5ft step away from door, as long as there is an unoccupied space.
Full Attack: Light Bow (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Light_Bow), followed by Grappling Hook (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Grappling_Hook) each as an attack action in the full attack sequence.
Attack 1:
[roll1] Attack (Light Bow, targeting the Necromancer) [On hit, must make Fort save or become dazed. On success, merely dazzled. Target illuminated as though by Light for 6 rounds.]
[roll2] Damage, if any.
Attack 2:
[roll3] Attack (Grappling Hook, targeting Necromancer) [Ranged Touch Attack. On hit, target must make opposed grapple check.]
[roll4] Grapple Check (Made as though by Improved Grapple) [On success, Necromancer is dragged into Marco's square, where he takes constriction damage. On failure, nothing.)
[roll5] Constriction Damage, if any.

((Looking at all these effects, I wonder if Marco is a bit too powerful... ))

Debatra
2012-03-19, 03:59 AM
The skeleton charges towards Allasieth, trying to tear her apart with its bare claws, as its master speaks amidst casting a Shield.

"I'll grant you that desire, to know the name of the man you will soon serve in undeath. I am Genat Phir."

Skeleton's Attack
[roll0]
[roll1] slashing, [roll2] cold

1|||h|g||||
2||||N|T|T||
3|||||T|T||
4||||||||
5||S|||G|||
6|L|A|M|/||||
7|--|--|D|--|--|--|--|--
8||||I||||
9||||||||
[/table]

N - Genat (too many "G"s already, sticking to "N")
S - Skeleton
G - Ghast
h - Human Corpse
g - Goblin Corpse
T - Table

Alassieth's up.

Taekwondodo
2012-03-19, 05:23 AM
Alassieth switches her swordbow to it's rapier form and attacks the skeleton. Jasper comes to his masters aid.

Alassieth
Attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Jasper
Attack:
[roll4]

Damage
[roll5]

Debatra
2012-03-19, 06:56 AM
Everything misses. As mentioned above, Genat gives his line and casts his spell. Irethirra's turn.

Also, we forgot our animals' Fortitude saves against the Ghast's stench. Roll 'em now.

Iaerta: [roll0]

(Jasper confirmed via AIM with Dodo to be in B-4)

1|||h|g||||
2||||N|T|T||
3|||||T|T||
4||J||||||
5||S|||G|||
6|L|A|M|/||||
7|--|--|D|--|--|--|--|--
8||||I||||
9||||||||
[/table]

S - Skeleton
G - Ghast
h - Human Corpse
g - Goblin Corpse
T - Table

Lix: Gaara will start your turn in your square; remember to have him move somewhere.

Confirmed via AIM that Gaara won't be joining us in this battle.

Taekwondodo
2012-03-19, 06:58 AM
Jasper Fortitude:
[roll0]

Debatra
2012-03-19, 07:00 AM
Iaerta and Jasper are unaffected.

CWater
2012-03-19, 09:41 AM
Irethírra takes a 5 ft. step to 8C and casts Numbing Sphere. A sphere of intense cold appears inside the room and hurls towards the necromancer.

Cold damage: [roll0]
Dex damage: [roll1]
Ref save DC 16 negates both.

It might not matter much, but here's the Fort save for Lucra. She's flying above Ire's head.
[roll2]

Debatra
2012-03-19, 01:41 PM
Necromancer Reflex: [roll0]

EDIT: And Lucra is sickened.

The Ghast 5' steps to D-5 and attacks Marco.
[roll1]
[roll2], [roll3] cold

[roll4]
[roll5], [roll6] cold

[roll7]
[roll8], [roll9] cold

I need a fortitude save vs paralysis ([roll10] rounds) for each hit.
---
Debatra casts Boiling Blood on Genat.

[roll11] fire damage

Fortitude: [roll12]

Map

1|||h|g||||
2||||N|T|T||
3|||||T|T||
4||J||||||
5||S||G||||
6|L|A|M|/||||
7|--|--|D|--|--|--|--|--
8|||I|||||
9||||||||
[/table]

S - Skeleton
G - Ghast
h - Human Corpse
g - Goblin Corpse
T - Table

Laen, then Marco (assuming the latter isn't paralyzed).

Roc Ness
2012-03-19, 03:58 PM
No hits on Marco, unless they were meant to be touch attacks, which I don't think they were.

Laen's turn has already been posted preemptivey, and so has Marco's, so once they're resolved it'll be new round.

Lix Lorn
2012-03-19, 04:01 PM
Scowling, Laen lashes out at the skeleton with his hand as it begins to glow with an awesome power.

[roll0] (touch attack)
Deals... let's say 15 positive energy damage on a hit, will save DC 18 halves. Wow that class feature needs buffing.

(Yeah, disregarding previous turn due to AoOws.

Debatra
2012-03-19, 04:09 PM
Skeleton's Will Save: [roll0]

Roc Ness
2012-03-20, 12:51 AM
Marco
"Oh, hello there stinky. Now, I may not have a professional opinion, but I do believe you could go with a bath. Or possibly invest heavily in some perfu- Hey there, don't hit me now." And then the Ghast hit him.

Fort: [roll0]

Debatra
2012-03-20, 03:32 PM
Marco feels perfectly normal, at first (you know, except for his new bite marks); then he notices he can't move his arms... or anything else. His immobility leaves him open to one of the undead creature's claws. Luckily, his armor protects him from the other.
---
The Skeleton stays focussed on Alassieth, raking her with its claws.

[rollv]1d20+8[rollv]
[roll0], [roll1] cold

[rollv]1d20+8[rollv]
[roll2], [roll3] cold

Debatra
2012-03-20, 03:34 PM
Okay... not sure what went wrong there...

[roll0]

[roll1]