PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Sandbox Campaign I (IC)



Pages : [1] 2 3

Debatra
2011-05-13, 10:36 PM
This will be updated with every single relevant change.

{table=head]Players|Characters|Speech Color|Creature Type|Status|Other
CWater|Irethírra Wier (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=214359)|Navy|Humanoid (Elf)|Alive and Well; 72/72|
Debatra|Debatra Fallin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=296111)|Firebrick|Monstrous Humanoid|Alive and Well; 42/42|Sorcerer Spells (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=297376), (Dark Orchid for Iaerta)
Lix Lorn|Laen (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=297067)|Slate Gray|Humanoid (Elf)|Alive and Well; 66/66|Betting Pool Until Falling: __
Ralasha|Thanatos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=296427)|Black|Humanoid (Elf)|Left the Game; 26/40|Betting Pool Until Falling: __
Roc Ness|Marco (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=363758)|Orange Red (AKA #ff5500)|Humanoid (Human)|Alive and Well; 78/78|
Taekwondodo|Alassieth Galanodel-Winter (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=295887)|Medium Turquoise|Humanoid (Elf)|Alive and Well; 54/54|[/table]

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199163)

Keeping this here for posterity:
The Big 16
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

D&D 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Homebrew setting

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

Us

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

These forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

6th-level Gestalt, 24,500 XP (halfway to 7th)

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

19,000 gp (WBL for 7th)

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Accepting Homebrew requests. Most fluff-based prerequisites will not be enforced. (case by case basis)

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Accepting Homebrew requests.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Max HP

One free 18, then 4d6b3 six times, take the best five. Convert the result of this into PB. One re-roll available.

OR

48 PB (32 PB, plus the points for an 18)

You may roll before deciding.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Roleplay your alignment. Your Alignments will change based on your actions. Codes of Conduct (Paladin, Cleric, etc) will be enforced. Other Alignment-based prerequisites (such as Bards not being Lawful, Assassins being Evil, etc) will not. If you're unsure of some Alignment-based prerequisite (such as certain feats), bring it up for group discussion.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

No Multiclassing penalties.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

I roll passive (Spot, Listen, Sense Motive, etc) secretly. You roll the rest.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Max 2 Traits, 2 Flaws

Also, see below the spoiler

Accepting Homebrew requests.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

None required, but feel free. Most if not all of our characters know each other from one thing or another, but have never adventured together before.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

A little of everything.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Ask about each source individually. 98% chance of it being accepted. The books I listed for Dodo are in.

Also, even if it's been covered, name the sources of each of your classes (aside from the basic Wizard, Ranger, Rogue, Druid, etc).

Homebrew
Wizard Specialization Fix
Wizards:

X = Number of Barred Schools. X may not be more than 4.

Select Favored School and Barred School(s) at first Wizard level.(minimum 1 barred school, maximum 4)

+X spells/day for each spell level.(first bonus slot must be filled with favored school)
X extra spells learned/level. (must learn at least one spell from favored school each level, if possible)
Spells from favored school are cast at +1 caster level.
Spell Focus in favored school at Wizard Level 1. Greater Spell Focus in favored school at Wizard Level 5.
+2 to all checks involving Favored School(caster level, Spellcraft, Saves, Attack rolls[not damage], etc)
SR 10 against favored school.(stacks with other SR)
Improved Counterspell (favored school only)


Sorcerers:

X = Number of Barred Schools. X may not be more than 4.

Select Favored School and Barred School(s) at first Sorcerer level.(minimum 1 barred school, maximum 4)

+X spells/day for each spell level.
X extra spells known/spell level. (Must know at least 1/2 X spells from favored school, if possible)
Spells from favored school are cast at +1 caster level.
Spell Focus in favored school at Sorcerer Level 1. Greater Spell Focus in favored school at Sorcerer Level 5.
+2 to all checks involving Favored School(caster level, Spellcraft, Saves, Attack rolls[not damage], etc)
SR 10 against favored school.(stacks with other SR)
Improved Counterspell (favored school only)


The Teleportation Domain
0 - Benign Transposition (Clerics may prepare this in their 1st-level domain slot if desired) (When prepared aside from the domain slot, this is a 1st-level spell)
1 - Dimension Hop
2 - Baleful Transposition
3 - Regroup
4 - Dimension Door
5 - Teleport/Plane Shift (Choose one when preparing your daily spells)
6 - Word of Recall
7 - Greater Teleport
8 - Teleportation Circle
9 - Gate

This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172910), sans the Polymorph stuff.

Everyone gets +2 Skill Points/level and one bonus feat. This feat may be taken at any level. You can even save it for later, but it may only be taken upon level-up. If you save it that long (and if we even make it that far), it may not be used for an Epic Feat. However, everyone gets a bonus Epic Feat which they can save the same way. (not usable until 21st-level, even if you meet the prerequisites before)

You may select two skills to treat as Class Skills regardless of your Classes.

Feats
These (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Theurgic_Specialization_feats), as well as Studied Talent (Base Arcane on Int) and Inspired Mind (Base Arcane on Cha)

University
Benefit: You gain 2 more skill point each level, at the cost of starting play with 100gp/starting level less.
Special: You may only take this feat at first level.

Keen Intellect (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Keen_Intellect)

Flaws

Insomniac (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Insomniac)

Races

Kaedan
Medium Monstrous Humanoid
+2 Int, -2 Wis OR +2 Wis, -2 Int OR +2 Cha, -2 Wis
Base Land Speed 30', Fly 60' (good)
Low-Light Vision
+2 to Listen checks
Immune to one Energy Type, 2x damage from another (usually determined by d5 and d4)
Bonus Feat: A Kaedan gains Proficiency with one weapon of his choice
Automatic Languages: Common, Kaedanis
Bonus Languages: Any non-secret (See Speak Language)

Half-Kaedan Template
"Half-Kaedan" is an inherited template that can be added to any living, corporeal creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

A Half-Kaedan uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type
The creature's type changes to Monstrous Humanoid. Size and subtypes are unchanged.

Speed
A Half-Kaedan's wings are not as well-developed as their full-blooded ancestors. They can only fly at their base land speed with good maneuverability. If the base creature also has wings, the player may choose between the base creature's flight and that of a full-blooded Kaedan (flight at twice the base creature's base land speed, with good maneuverability).

Attack
A Half-Kaedan has two claw attacks (or more, if the base creature has more than two arms), but can use manufactured weapons. For claw damage, treat the Half-Kaedan as a Half-Dragon of its size.

Full Attack
A Half-Kaedan can use any of its free hands during a Full Attack.

Special Qualities
A Half-Kaedan retains any Special Qualities of the base creature, and gains Low-Light Vision and immunity to one energy type (usually determined via d5). If the base creature is immune to any energy type, this immunity is retained instead.

Abilities
A Half-Kaedan has +2 Int, in addition to any Ability Score adjustments of the base creature

Skills
A Half-Kaedan is generally detested by their non-Kaedan ancestry. They receive a -2 penalty on Bluff, Diplomacy and Gather Information checks when dealing with full-blooded members of the base creature's race. This penalty is negated in societies where hybrids are generally accepted, or if the base creature is a race that often breeds with other creatures, such as Elves or Dragons.

Half-Kaedans also benefit from their ancestors' keen ears, gaining a +1 to Listen checks. If the base creature already has a Listen bonus, this stacks.

Languages
Add Kaedanis to the base creature's Automatic Languages.

Environment
Same as the base creature.

Challenge Rating
+1.

Alignment
Same as the base creature.

Level Adjustment
+1

Frog-Folk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198108) (Pond-Kin either banned or adjusted to normal Poison rules, Ralasha's choice)

From the same post, Minor Drow

Manakete (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168556) (with minor changes)

Classes

Lix's Paladin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188022) (sans Indomitable)

Spells

Chromatic Orb
Evocation
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Duration: see text
Target: one creature
Saving Throw: Special (see below)
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell creates a 4-inch-diameter sphere that can be hurled unerringly to its target. The orb’s effect depends on the level of the caster and the roll of increasingly large dice, as shown on the table below.

{table=head]Level|Force Damage|Die Roll
1|1d4|1d2
2|1d6|1d3
3|1d8|1d4
4|1d10|1d5
5|1d12|1d6
7|2d8|1d7
9|2d12|1d8[/table]

The Die Roll determines the Orb's secondary effect.

{table=head]Die Roll|Effect|Save
1|None|N/A
2|-4 on all rolls, 1 round|Will Negates
3|Blindness, 1 round|None
4|Energy Damage equal to Force Damage|Reflex Half
5|Blindness, 1d4 rounds|Fortitude Partial (only 1 round)
6|Stunned, 1d3 rounds|Fortitude Negates
7|Paralysis, 1d6 rounds|Fortitude Negates
8|Paralysis, 2d6+1 rounds|Fortitude Half (round up)[/table]

Energy type for a result of 4 determined by d5 roll; Acid, Cold, Fire, Shock, Sonic; respectively.

Wind Blast and Gale Strike (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9460183)

Belror's Spellbook
Belror's Rude Awakening
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 full-round action
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft/2 levels)
Target: One Living Creature
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Fort partial
Spell Resistance: Yes

The Valiant Paladin had thwarted the evil Necromancer's plan with the aid of his allies. The seemingly defeated Sorcerer suddenly flicked his wrist and spoke some dark incantation. The paladin felt his limbs moving without any effort on his part. He suddenly turned around and began violently flailing at his allies, who fell beneath his powerful blows despite his objection. He was fully aware of what was happening and even retained control of his speech, but the Necromancer was using him like a puppet. Finally, he died by his own hand.

The target of the spell must have a skeleton. If the target lacks a skeleton, the spell fails. The target of the spell loses control as its skeleton is animated while still inside its body. For the duration of the spell, the target is treated as a skeleton with the target's creature type as the base type, though the creature retains its intelligence and constitution scores, its current hit point total, and its base attack bonus. A spellcasting target cannot be manipulated into casting spells, nor can a Psionic or Initiating Target be manipulated into using Psionics or Maneuvers. The target may take a purely mental or verbal action once per round at the same time as their body acts. In addition to the above effects, the target must make a fortitude save each round or suffer 1 Constitution damage. If the target dies while under the effect of this spell, its flesh collapses and the target becomes a skeleton under the control of the caster, ending the spell.

---

Belror's Uncontrolled Rage
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Target: One Living Creature
Duration: One round/level
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

The adventuring party had prepared for this moment, when they were to fight this scheming mastermind who had drawn the city to the brink of ruin. He opened with some kind of ray at the barbarian and then ran. The rogue wondered what he had done as the Barbarian flew into a rage. She figured it out as the Barbarian attacked THEM.

The spell's target attacks a random character as determined by a D6 roll.

1: The target attacks the caster.
2: The target attacks the caster's allies. If the caster has no allies, Reroll.
3: The target Creature acts normally.
4: The target attacks the nearest Creature.
5: The target attacks itself.
6: The target attacks its allies. If the target has no allies, Reroll.

Arcane Focus: A Medallion with a Frowny-Face on it.

---

Belror's Bone Breaking
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: One Creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

The Assassin aimed his bow at his target, intending a quick kill. He suddenly felt a light touch to his shoulder and his forearm shattered instantly. The Sorcerer standing behind him laughed at his pain as he struggled to take his shot, knowing he likely would not survive his escape.

This spell fails if the target lacks a skeleton. The target suffers one of the following effects chosen by the caster:

Arm: The target suffers a 25% chance of automatically missing when attempting to attack.
Leg: The target's movement speed is reduced by 5ft.
Spine: 50% chance of paralysis for 1d4 rounds.

With the exception of the spine, these penalties are permanent until magical healing is received or the bone is repaired by a heal check with a DC equal to its saving throw.

---

Belror's Skeletal Stiffness
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft/2 levels)
Target: One Creature
Duration: One Minute/Level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

The thief followed the Black-Robed Man down the alley. The man stopped, turned around, and politely asked the thief to stop following him. Suddenly, the thief found that he could barely move, as all of his joints felt like they had steel bars rammed through them.

The target suffers 2 Dexterity damage for every four caster levels if the caster succeeds on a ranged touch attack. One minute later, the joints relax and half the ability damage simply goes away. The rest heals at the normal rate.

---

Belror's Ironic Death
Illusion (Figment)
Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Long (400ft + 40ft/level)
Target: One Creature
Duration: One Minute/Level
Saving Throw: Will disbelief
Spell Resistance: No

The Party's Barbarian is whisked across the room and the evil Sorcerer is standing where he was. The Wizard recognized the Sorcerer's spell as a Baleful Transposition, so this was not unexpected. He disintegrated his perceived enemy as the Cleric casts Slay Living on him. As he falls to the ground, the Illusion disappears, revealing their close friend's dead body to them as the Evil Sorcerer, still disguised as the Barbarian, laughed maniacally.

An Illusion is created around the target to appear as the caster and an illusion is created around the caster to appear as the target. A successful will saving throw by a viewer of the Illusion will allow disbelief. In addition, a successful Spellcraft check on this spell identifies it as "Baleful Transposition," a spell that differs by only one syllable. If the Spellcraft check succeeds by more than ten, the spell is correctly identified.

You were on a ship. The Wallflower Waftage. Coming out of a storm, the mast was struck by lightning. The fire it caused spread to the hull, leaving her badly damaged. Nobody on the ship knew just how long she would last, and the nearest port was three days away in the best conditons.

After only a few hours, a Godsend. A small town that wasn't marked on any of the Helmsman's maps. As the Waftage pulls into dock, you can see a sign welcoming travelers to Sogra. The town looks to have seen better days, with a nearby house collapsed in itself.

Captain Burd tells you that repairs should only take a day or two, assuming you haven't just docked in a ghost town. Since the five of you are the most combat-trained, he "asks" you to be the ones to find out.

As you disembark, you see a Goblin standing over a Human corpse. When he sees you, he drops his bow and starts babbling. Those among you who speak Goblin understand and are quick to inform your comrades that, while nearing incoherence, he is more or less begging not to be hurt.

Alassieth notices the Human's wounds are too large for arrows to have caused them. She suspects a larger, slashing weapon of some sort.

Taekwondodo
2011-05-14, 05:33 AM
Re-posting sheet: Alassieth (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=295887)

Alassieth walks closer to the goblin, slowly and holding out her arms to show she is not holding a weapon, nor about to go for one.

It's OK, we know it wasn't you. Calm down. What happened here?

Ralasha
2011-05-14, 06:25 AM
"No, we don't know that. There are many ways that little cretin could have caused such wounds." She will examine the corpse, and attempt to determine if it would be worth raising as undead. "On the other hand, goblins tend to make very good undead minions."

(Thanatos is a healer I should point out, and does have the heal skill, and should, therefor, also be able to determine that the wounds were 'too large'.)

CWater
2011-05-14, 07:53 AM
"I do not see what would give you the right to slaughter and raise an unarmed creature on what is most likely it's home island", Irethírra says in her usual cool tone.

She glances warily at the goblin. "What does it say?" she asks Alassieth.

Ralasha
2011-05-14, 10:17 AM
"It was asking to be unharmed, and I have not harmed it, merely pondered." Cast detect evil. Thank you favored soul for having spontaneous divine casting. "Just don't expect me to bring you back when it kills you while you sleep. It is evil." Thanatos will then cast speak with dead, to talk with the corpse, and ask it if it knows who or what killed it. ^^

Debatra
2011-05-14, 11:14 AM
Realising that, for the moment at least, you aren't going to harm him; the Goblin calms down. He begins to speak in slightly broken Common.

"W-Wasn't Zivar. Zivar guard dock. Humans invade Goblin homes. Goblins fight back." He points to the corspe. "Ribba kill him."

He begins to look hopeful. "You- You help stop invaders?"

Debatra
2011-05-14, 11:20 AM
The corpse tells you that he was killed fighting a Goblin.

CWater
2011-05-14, 11:29 AM
A thought about noting that elves don't actually sleep, crosses Irethírra's mind, but she discards it. Instead she says: "And so are many ordinary people in any given city,(evil she means) yet it is still not legal to kill them on sight. But rest assured, I trust this creature no more than you do."

A small bat flies from the direction of the ship, makes a circle in the air and lands neatly on Irethírra's shoulder. "You took your time", the elf mutters silently.

Ire is speaking Elven by the way, not that it probably makes any difference.

Ralasha
2011-05-14, 11:35 AM
I ask the corpse if it would like a chance to get revenge on the goblin that killed it, and though it will be undead, I will allow it to retain its own will, if it is willing, in return I ask only that it remain with me for so long as it chooses to in order to assist me with my own tasks.

Debatra
2011-05-14, 11:38 AM
My guy speaks Elven, and the rest of the party are Elves, so it doesn't matter yet.

Debatra
2011-05-14, 11:42 AM
I ask the corpse if it would like a chance to get revenge on the goblin that killed it, and though it will be undead, I will allow it to retain its own will, if it is willing, in return I ask only that it remain with me for so long as it chooses to in order to assist me with my own tasks.

He wouldn't mind revenge, but he's morally opposed to becoming Undead.

And I'm counting that as two questions. "Would you like revenge on the Goblin?" (Yes.) and "Would you mind becomming Undead?" ("Yes, I'd mind.")

Ralasha
2011-05-14, 11:46 AM
"Then I guess you do not overly care to avenge your death or the deaths of the others the goblins killed. I will ask someone else if they care to get revenge. Keep in mind however, that I would have given you free will, and you would have been able to return to your rest at your own leisure. Be at peace. May We Jas treat you justly."
I end the spell.

Taekwondodo
2011-05-14, 11:51 AM
(In elven)Just because I believe that it did not kill the human does not mean I trust it.

To herself she mutters, Human invaders? This suddenly got a lot more complicated...

Ralasha
2011-05-14, 12:05 PM
In Elven: You assume he speaks truthfully. Do not forget, he is evil.

She turns to the Goblin and speaks in gobliniod: To the best of your knowledge you speak truthfully? They invaded first?

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Debatra
2011-05-14, 12:14 PM
I make Bluff and Sense Motive rolls secretly. If he's lying, none of you know it.

EDIT: In Goblin: "Yes! I swear!"

Lix Lorn
2011-05-14, 01:33 PM
Laen purses his lips, watching the argument from a little distance. As yet, he's not quite convinced what to do. There is always a reason for an invasion-even if it's a really bad one-and judging who is 'in the right' is a dangerous and difficult path to take.

Debatra
2011-05-14, 05:15 PM
The Goblin glances behind you, and sees the Warfage.

"Your boat break? We can fix! We can fix! You help kill invaders, and we fix quick!"

Ralasha
2011-05-14, 05:53 PM
In goblinoid: "What if we merely stop the invasions? Will that suffice?"

Debatra
2011-05-14, 06:14 PM
Keeping his speech in his native tongue this time, Zivar turns fully to Thanatos. "Stop, kill; it makes no difference to me. Udu might have a preference though. Udu commands the squads here at the Harbor. Come. I'll take you to him."

With that, he picks up his bow and heads southwest.

Ralasha
2011-05-14, 07:02 PM
In gobliniod: "Leave the bow, I bring it. Not trust you yet."

Debatra
2011-05-15, 02:14 PM
"Zivar not trust you yet, either."

Debatra steps up to Thanatos. In Common: "Let him be." Then, hushed in Elven, "Besides, I doubt he'd be much trouble. We can ready ourselves."

He then readies an action to cast Scorching Ray on the first thing to turn hostile against their group.

After a moment's thought, he amends it with 'or on Thanatos'.

Zivar leads you to what appears to be a makeshift wall. Several more Goblins are grouped around it. You can hear shouting on the other side of the wall. Their initial reactions to your arrival are a mix of fear and readying weapons. When they see a fellow Goblin leading you, it is all replaced by confusion. Zivar runs ahead, and speaks to some of them in a language none of you can identify. He comes back a minute or two later, one of the other Goblins on his heels.

"This is Ribba."

"You... you really help us? On other side," he points to the 'wall', "is strong Dwarf. He kill many Goblins. He won't attack you if he think you want kill Goblins too. Kill him and we take you to Udu."

Glancing around one of the corners, you see the Dwarf in question, surrounded by Goblin corpses, shouting challenges and threats at them. He has his back to you.

Ralasha
2011-05-15, 02:50 PM
Thanatos shouts in Dwarven, "Looks like you're having fun! Kill more of the evil little bastards! By the way, they want us to kill you, trying to get to their leader myself just so I can kill his little reptilian ass. If you join us, I might be able to talk them into letting you live so we can end this for good and you can help us kill their (insert explative) leader." Detect Evil, and look around for anyone that is evil, including party members, or the Dwarf.

Debatra
2011-05-15, 03:22 PM
About half the Goblins read Faintly-Moderately Evil. The Dwarf reads Strongly Evil.

At the mere mention of Goblins, the Dwarf charges toward the party. Being the only one who speaks Dwarf, Thanatos is the only one who can figure out why he's charging.

Debatra's Scorching Ray:
Ranged Touch: [roll0]
Fire Damage: [roll1]

Ranged Touch: [roll2]
Fire Damage: [roll3]

Roll Initiative
Debatra: [roll4]
Dwarf: [roll5]

Ralasha
2011-05-15, 03:26 PM
Thanatos steps between them. To debatra: "Quit that you imbecile. He's not an enemy." To the dwarf: "Sorry, you moved suddenly without giving him any warning, he's jumpy, and more than a bit cowardly. I'll heal you."

Debatra
2011-05-15, 03:29 PM
The Dwarf either didn't hear or doesn't care about what you just said.

Roll Initiative.

Ralasha
2011-05-15, 03:30 PM
So far all he does is move towards us, does he look aggressive?

Debatra
2011-05-15, 04:08 PM
You're aware that charging is an attack action, right?

Last chance. Roll Initiative or get chucked into Limbo until repairs on the ship are complete.

That's me being merciful.

Ralasha
2011-05-15, 04:21 PM
Initiative: [roll0] I'm also aware that I and several others I play PnP with have used it as a mode of movement before. As a side note: Command the dwarf to stop.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-15, 04:27 PM
[roll0]
Laen shall take his bow from his back as rapidly as he can.

Debatra
2011-05-15, 04:39 PM
Initiative: [roll0] I'm also aware that I and several others I play PnP with have used it as a mode of movement before. As a side note: Command the dwarf to stop.

I don't see that anywhere on your Spell list.

Taekwondodo
2011-05-15, 04:50 PM
Initiative - [roll0]

Alassieth equips her bow as quickly as she can.

Damn it Thanatos! What have you done?

Ralasha
2011-05-15, 04:54 PM
>.< Knew I forgot something. Summon Undead 3 instead.

CWater
2011-05-15, 04:57 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
Irethírra turns towards the dwarf and shifts her ritiik into a combat position. Lucra (her bat) flies a few feet over her head.

Debatra
2011-05-15, 04:57 PM
Any preference for what kind/list?

Debatra
2011-05-15, 05:02 PM
I need a rereoll from Lix and Dodo.

@ Dodo: Drawing a weapon is a move action. You can still shoot the same turn.

Taekwondodo
2011-05-15, 05:03 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Taekwondodo
2011-05-15, 05:06 PM
@ Dodo: Drawing a weapon is a move action. You can still shoot the same turn.

I was going to ready it before we met the other goblins (could I do that?) but I was busy and forgot to post. :/

Debatra
2011-05-15, 05:06 PM
You've got to be kidding me... Okay, another tiebreaker reroll.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-15, 05:08 PM
Third time's the excellency.
[roll0]

Debatra
2011-05-15, 05:11 PM
Thanatos
Irethírra
Dwarf
Alassieth
Debatra
Laen

Debatra
2011-05-15, 05:16 PM
@ Ralasha: Are you summoning something specific, or should I just roll?

Ralasha
2011-05-15, 05:26 PM
That would depend upon if you allow more advanced versions of things on lower spell lists, (as in increased hit dice) or not. If you do, then a properly advanced Skeleton Warrior. If not, two owlbear skeletons.

CWater
2011-05-15, 05:30 PM
With no sign of emotion on her face Irethírra attacks the dwarf with her ritiik.

Naturally, she keeps a 10ft. distance to him.

Debatra
2011-05-15, 05:34 PM
So... are you going to make an attack roll?

Taekwondodo
2011-05-15, 05:35 PM
I'll post my round then I have to go. I'm also guessing he's closer than 30 ft. If not -1 from attack and damage.

Alassieth equips her bow, tells Jasper to attack the Dwarf and fires at the Dwarf.

Attack:
Jasper: [roll0]

Alassieth: [roll1]

Damage:
Jasper: [roll2]

Alassieth: [roll3]

Debatra
2011-05-15, 05:36 PM
That would depend upon if you allow more advanced versions of things on lower spell lists, (as in increased hit dice) or not. If you do, then a properly advanced Skeleton Warrior. If not, two owlbear skeletons.

I'll work on advancing the lower-level summons later. For now, you'll have to work with the Owlbear Skeletons.

CWater
2011-05-15, 05:39 PM
>_< Of course.

Attacks:
[roll]1d20+10[roll]
[roll]1d20+5[roll]

Damage:
[roll]1d8+4[roll]
[roll]1d8+4[roll]

CWater
2011-05-15, 05:40 PM
Oops, sigh...

Attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]
[roll3]

EDIT: Okay, the die hates me...:smallfrown:

Debatra
2011-05-15, 06:10 PM
Map

{table=head]0|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_
1|||G|||R|Z
2||G||G|||G|G|||G|G|G
3||-|-|-|-|-|-|-|A|D|-|-|-|-|-|-|
4||-|-|-|-|-|-|-|L|T|-|-|-|-|-|-|
5|||||||||
6|||||||||I|
7||||||||O|O|J
8|||||||||Dw
9|
10|[/table]
A - Alassieth
J - Jasper
D - Debatra
I - Irethírra
L - Laen
_ - Laen's Celestial Mount (name unknown by me)
T - Thanatos
O - Owlbear Skeletons
---
R - Ribba
Z - Zivar
G - Goblin

Wall is 10' high

Ralasha
2011-05-15, 06:13 PM
Ownl bears are between us and the dwarf. As close to him as possible.

Debatra
2011-05-15, 06:39 PM
Dwarf's turn.

Attack the I-7 Skeleton

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1], [roll2]

Attack: [roll3]
Damage; [roll4], [roll5]

Debatra
2011-05-15, 06:53 PM
Then Alassieth (posted above), then me, then Laen.

Fly to J-8, 30' up, cast Resonating Bolt.

Sonic: [roll0]

Dwarf's Reflex Half: [roll1]

Lix Lorn
2011-05-16, 05:03 AM
Laen immediately lets loose a burst of arrows at the dwarf, firing at great speed, as the wolf, whose name is Gaara, moves down to K7 to support Jasper.

Rapid Shot!
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lix Lorn
2011-05-16, 05:08 AM
Crit confirmation! (And damage)
[roll0]

And damage.
[roll1]
[roll2] x3 if a crit
[roll3]

Debatra
2011-05-16, 10:53 AM
Only the crit hits, and fails to confirm.

Map

{table=head]0|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_
1|||Gb|||R|Z
2||Gb||Gb|||Gb|Gb|||Gb|Gb|Gb
3||-|-|-|-|-|-|-|A||-|-|-|-|-|-|
4||-|-|-|-|-|-|-|L|T|-|-|-|-|-|-|
5|||||||||
6|||||||||I|
7||||||||O|O|J|G
8|||||||||Dw|D
9|
10|[/table]
A - Alassieth
J - Jasper
D - Debatra (30' up)
I - Irethírra
L - Laen
G - Gaara
T - Thanatos
O - Owlbear Skeletons
---
R - Ribba
Z - Zivar
Gb - Goblin

Wall is 10' high

Taekwondodo
2011-05-16, 12:51 PM
Yeesh. That's a high AC...

Alassieth uses Pin Cushion.

Attack

[roll1]
[roll2]

EDIT: It's ineffective...

Damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Jasper attacks.

Attack:[roll6]
[roll7]

Damage: [roll8]
[roll1d6+2

Debatra
2011-05-16, 01:11 PM
All miss.

Yes, it is.

Heavy Armor and Shield. On the bright side, plenty of XP for him. It's supposed to be a CR7, but I'm bumping it to 8 for XP calculation because of his powerful equipment.

CWater
2011-05-16, 05:09 PM
After her failed attack, Irethírra decides to casts a spell.

Acid Arrow:
[roll0] (ranged touch attack)

[roll1] (damage)

If the spell hits, it will also do 2d4 damage in the two following rounds.

Okay, post done->back to studying...sigh:smallamused:

Debatra
2011-05-16, 05:24 PM
We have a hit.

Dwarf Full Attack to I-7 Skeleton

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1], [roll2]

Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4], [roll5]

Alassieth is above again.

Debatra casts Resonating bolt again.

Dwarf Reflex Half: [roll6]
Sonic Damage: [roll7]

Laen, then we wait for Thanatos.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-16, 05:53 PM
Laen tries again, launching a pair of arrows, as Gaara charges!

[roll0]
[roll1]

And Gaara
Charge!
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Ralasha
2011-05-16, 06:00 PM
Skeletons attack, Than double moves so she has line of sight, and ray of enfeeblements the dwarf.

Debatra
2011-05-16, 06:06 PM
You going to roll those?

Ralasha
2011-05-16, 06:50 PM
Don't know the attack bonus for the skeletons, but I can make a basic D20 roll for each of them.

Skel#1: [roll0]
Skel#2: [roll1]

Ray of Enfeeblement: [roll2]
[roll3]

Debatra
2011-05-16, 07:43 PM
Dwarf

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1], [roll2]

Only if the above does at least 13 damage:
Cleave to H-7
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4], [roll5]

Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7], [roll8]

Debatra
2011-05-16, 07:47 PM
Cleave to H-7.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1], [roll2]

CWater, Dodo, Me, Lix

Ralasha
2011-05-16, 07:50 PM
On my next turn, ray of enfeeblement: [roll0] touch and [roll1] additional strength damage.

That dwarf must have a ton of strength, since roe is touch, and I've already dealt him 7 and he still has a +5 to attack and +7 to damage. This should make 14. Unless his touch ac is somehow above 24 in which case he hasn't been hit, if it is above this attack roll but not 24 he has taken 7, if both hit, this makes 14. Beefy.

Debatra
2011-05-16, 10:07 PM
This Round

Thanatos casts Ray of Enfeeblement
Irethírra has yet to act
Dwarf Full Attacks (and Cleaves) Owlbear Skeletons
Alassieth has yet to act
Debatra has yet to act
Laen has yet to act

Next Round

Thanatos casts Ray of Enfeeblement
Everyone else has yet to act

Map

{table=head]0|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_
1|||Gb|||R|Z
2||Gb||Gb|||Gb|Gb|||Gb|Gb|Gb
3||-|-|-|-|-|-|-|A||-|-|-|-|-|-|
4||-|-|-|-|-|-|-|L||-|-|-|-|-|-|
5|||||||||
6|||||||||I|
7||||||||O||J|
8|||||||||Dw|D/G
9|
10||||||||||T[/table]
A - Alassieth
J - Jasper
D - Debatra (30' up)
I - Irethírra
L - Laen
G - Gaara
T - Thanatos
O - Owlbear Skeletons
---
R - Ribba
Z - Zivar
Gb - Goblin

Wall is 10' high

Lix Lorn
2011-05-17, 05:11 AM
Laen closes his eyes briefly, and his eyes shine a bright silver. He smoothly aims his bow, and launches a glowing arrow straight for the dwarf!

Gaara continues to bite.

Smite Evil! One per-encounter use used.
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] for damage.

Edit:

I'll post my round then I have to go. I'm also guessing he's closer than 30 ft. If not -1 from attack and damage.
Ah! Me too! Twenty-FIVE to hit!
...please? DXD

Lix Lorn
2011-05-17, 05:13 AM
forgot to roll for Gaara.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Taekwondodo
2011-05-17, 06:29 AM
Allasieth growls softly in frustration as she looses off another barrage of arrows at the dwarf.

Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Jasper continues to bite.
Attack
[roll6]
[roll7]

Damage
[roll8]
[roll9]

Debatra
2011-05-17, 11:14 AM
@ Lix: Where are you getting +14 to damage?

@ Dodo: How is Jasper attacking twice?

Taekwondodo
2011-05-17, 11:15 AM
Does he not get two normal attacks per round like we do:smallconfused:? Sorry:smallredface:.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-17, 11:18 AM
@ Lix: Where are you getting +14 to damage?
Smite Evil. Plus Wis to attack, Plus Wis plus class level to damage.

Debatra
2011-05-17, 11:22 AM
Attacks/round are based on the Base Attack Bonus.

+5 BAB gets one attack.
+6/+1 Gets two
+11/+6/+1 gets three, etc.

Debatra
2011-05-17, 11:23 AM
Smite Evil. Plus Wis to attack, Plus Wis plus class level to damage.

I thought it was just Class Level to damage.

Could you link your Pally fix?

Lix Lorn
2011-05-17, 11:55 AM
Right here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10409695#post10409695)

Taekwondodo
2011-05-17, 12:01 PM
I meant actions per round. Can you not do two attack actions per round? Is it only one attack and move, two move actions, or a full round action?

Debatra
2011-05-17, 01:47 PM
One Move and one Standard, OR two Moves, OR one Full-Round.

Attacking is a Standard Action.

CWater's Acid Arrow (one round left) [roll0]

Debatra casts Scorching Ray.

Touch: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Touch: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

CWater's turn.

Ralasha
2011-05-17, 02:35 PM
Still waiting on 1 player. >.> Whosit?

CWater
2011-05-18, 05:01 AM
Irethírra attacks again with her ritiik.
Attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]
[roll3]
Sorry for the blunt post, another exam tomorrow. -_-

CWater
2011-05-18, 05:05 AM
Crit:
[roll0]
x3 if hit.

Debatra
2011-05-18, 06:59 PM
Both attacks hit. The crit fails. Still your turn.

CWater
2011-05-19, 04:44 AM
Encouraged by her hit, Irethírra makes an another attack. She also glances quickly over her shoulder, to see how the goblins are reacting to the fight.

Attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Debatra
2011-05-19, 04:06 PM
One hit.

Most of the Goblins are watching in fear. Zivar looks emboldened.

The Dwarf takes a 5' step north and fiddles with a ring.

AoO for Skeleton, Jasper and Gaara.

Skeleton: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Taekwondodo
2011-05-19, 04:33 PM
Jasper takes the AoO

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Debatra
2011-05-19, 05:33 PM
Miss. Also, it's your turn.

Ralasha
CWater
The Dwarf
Taekwondodo
Debatra
Lix Lorn

Taekwondodo
2011-05-20, 02:33 AM
Alassieth continues to attack.
Rolling,rolling, rolling.

Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Jasper
Attack
[roll6]

Damage
[roll7]

Ralasha
2011-05-20, 11:43 AM
What, next round already?

Debatra
2011-05-20, 04:20 PM
Yes, but you already posted your action this round. Me, Laen, then a new round.

Debatra casts Softening.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Lix is up.

Debatra
2011-05-20, 04:25 PM
Next lesson for Dodo: Spells that require Attack Rolls can also crit. Unless stated otherwise, it's 20/x2.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lix Lorn
2011-05-20, 04:32 PM
Laen does the same again! Excessive power is the only way to stop this thing.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Plus Gaara!
[roll4]
[roll5]

Lix Lorn
2011-05-20, 04:36 PM
Damagefail.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Debatra
2011-05-20, 05:45 PM
Okay. Everyone's actons are caught up. Fresh round.

Ralasha
2011-05-20, 10:00 PM
Move up and attack. Let us see if it likes syth action. It's strength should after all, already be drained to the point of redicule (4+7+7=18 strength damage).

attack [roll0]
contingent confirmation [roll1]
damage [roll2]

Debatra
2011-05-20, 10:36 PM
Updating the Map.

Map

{table=head]0|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_
1|||Gb||||
2||Gb||Gb|||Gb|Gb|R||Gb|Gb|Gb
3||-|-|-|-|-|-|-|A|Z|-|-|-|-|-|-|
4||-|-|-|-|-|-|-|L||-|-|-|-|-|-|
5|||||||||
6|||||||||I|
7||||||||O|Dw|J|
8|||||||||T|D/G
9|
10||||||||||[/table]
A - Alassieth
J - Jasper
D - Debatra (30' up)
I - Irethírra
L - Laen
G - Gaara
T - Thanatos
O - Owlbear Skeletons
---
R - Ribba
Z - Zivar
Gb - Goblin

Wall is 10' high

CWater
2011-05-21, 04:19 AM
Irethírra backs one step to 5J. "What is wrong with this guy", she mutters to herself. He's already taken a lot of damage, yet his still attacking like crazy, not to mention that he's still standing.

She attacks again.
Att.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Dam.
[roll2]
[roll3]

Debatra
2011-05-21, 04:36 PM
The Dwarf turns his attention to Thanatos.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Bludgeoning, [roll2] Shock

Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] Bludgeoning, [roll5] Shock

Debatra
2011-05-21, 04:39 PM
Cleave to the Skeleton.

[roll0]
[roll1] Blud, [roll2] Shock

Debatra
2011-05-21, 04:40 PM
Screwed up the damage roll.

[roll0]

Taekwondodo
2011-05-21, 05:20 PM
Alassieth looses off another volley of arrows wondering when, indeed if, this dwarf will ever be defeated.

Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

With no instructions from his master to tell him otherwise Jasper keeps attacking the dwarf.

Attack
[roll6]

Damage
[roll7]

Debatra
2011-05-21, 05:51 PM
Debatra flies down to Thanatos, and uses a charge from his Healing Belt.

Thanatos heals for [roll0]

Map

{table=head]0|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_
1|||Gb||||
2||Gb||Gb|||Gb|Gb|R||Gb|Gb|Gb
3||-|-|-|-|-|-|-|A|Z|-|-|-|-|-|-|
4||-|-|-|-|-|-|-|L||-|-|-|-|-|-|
5|||||||||I
6||||||||||
7||||||||O|Dw|J|
8|||||||||T|G
9||||||||||D
10||||||||||[/table]
A - Alassieth
J - Jasper
D - Debatra
I - Irethírra
L - Laen
G - Gaara
T - Thanatos
O - Owlbear Skeletons
---
R - Ribba
Z - Zivar
Gb - Goblin

Wall is 10' high

Ralasha
2011-05-22, 02:53 PM
*tries to think of some con damaging spell, also, thinks the dwarf is a frenzied berzerker, or some crazy dm p-kill ****. that the dm weakened after realizing we didn't stand a chance.*

Casts something... ummm... summon undead 3! 4 skeleton Warriors!

On next turn, a skeleton will drag me away from the crazy dwarf. The other three will engage.

Ralasha
2011-05-22, 02:56 PM
Concentration check for defensive casting: [roll0]

CWater
2011-05-23, 01:35 PM
Is it my turn?:smallconfused:

The snow elf makes one more attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Dam.
[roll2]
[roll3]

Lix Lorn
2011-05-23, 03:32 PM
With a calming breath, Laen launches a third arrow imbued with righteousness, and a mundane one just in case, while Gaara strikes with holy power.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Debatra
2011-05-23, 04:29 PM
The Dwarf takes a 5' step North, and lets loose a last, desperate attack against Irethírra.

[roll0]
[roll1] Blud, [roll2] Shock

[roll3]
[roll4] Blud, [roll5] Shock

Taekwondodo
2011-05-23, 04:41 PM
My turn, I think? (I hope you've been paying more attention to turns than I have)

Sensing the end is near, Alassieth takes a calming breath and fires at the dwarf.

Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Jasper attacks again.
[roll6]
[roll7]

CWater
2011-05-23, 05:06 PM
Irethírra barely manages to dodge the terrifying attack. Thank the gods for elven dexterity!

Debatra
2011-05-23, 06:50 PM
Debatra casts Magic Missile. I'm not bothering to roll, as he only had 1HP left.

1440xp each

On the corpse, you find...

OOC: Regular enhancement bonuses to Armor/Weapons, I'll just tell you about for ease of bookkeeping (so I don't have to mentally add them and inevitably forget, costing someone their life). Other magic effects are yours to discover.

A set of +2 Adamantine Full Plate. One of you happens to notice an engraving of a diamond on the left wrist.
A +2 Heavy Steel Shield, with the same diamond on the back.
A +2 Warhammer, with two brown rings painted just below the head.
An unadorned brass ring.
[roll0] gold

Taekwondodo
2011-05-23, 06:59 PM
Still keeping her bow to hand and with Jasper at her feet, Alassieth looks down at the dead dwarf for a moment then turns to Thanatos.

(In elven) And you were worried about the goblin.

She shouts to the goblins still cowering behind the wall. (In goblin)There! The dwarf is dead! Will you take us to Udu now?

Ralasha
2011-05-23, 08:32 PM
"I think the dwarf was demented."

CWater
2011-05-24, 01:44 PM
"Yes, he did indeed show some signs of madness."

Hiding her slight startle over the attack that almost stroke her, Irethírra glances at the dwarf. Diamond engravings...I wonder what they mean...

Lucra lands back on the elf's shoulder.

Debatra
2011-05-24, 05:49 PM
Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0]
Knowledge (History) [roll1]

Taekwondodo
2011-05-24, 05:57 PM
Knowledge (local): [roll0]

CWater
2011-05-25, 01:38 PM
Knowledge(arcana): [roll0]

Debatra
2011-05-27, 09:53 AM
I'm done waiting. I'm rolling for Ralasha.

Arcana: [roll0]
Religion: [roll1]

Debatra
2011-05-27, 09:59 AM
Nobody can place the diamond carving.

Debatra
2011-05-29, 06:49 PM
The Dwarf taken care of, Zivar takes you Southeast. Along the way, you see the corpses of both Humans and Goblins. After several minutes, you reach a dock with more Goblins manning it. As before, their initial reaction to your presence is readying for battle. By the time they see Zivar, their mages have already cast what looks like Protection from Arrows on themselves.

As before, Zivar runs ahead and speaks to one of them in that same language. The one he spoke to returns on his own, and speaks in better Common than the rest.

"Zivar says you've come to help us ward off the invaders. I am Udu. I apologize for our initial reaction to your presence. I'm sure you understand why my people are not eager to trust Elves."

Taekwondodo
2011-05-30, 05:34 AM
As unofficial spokesperson for the party, Alassieth nods at the goblin in greeting and understanding.

Then you can appreciate how some of us feel working with goblins. Rest assured, as long as none of your weapons are raised in violence towards us then neither shall ours be towards you.

Leaving the threat, that if the goblins do attack then the party would descend upon them with the full force of their power, unsaid she asks for more details about the invaders.

We have only heard sketchy detail about the invasions. Could you elaborate?

Ralasha
2011-05-30, 06:17 AM
In Kobold: "You are evil, evil upsets the balance, the balance must be maintained. Change your ways for death has no enemies, and I am become death."

CWater
2011-05-30, 06:59 AM
Irethírra nods slightly to Alassieth's woords, but doesn't say anything. She still holds the ritiik in her hand, but more like a walking stick than a weapon, to appear less threatening.

Debatra
2011-05-30, 06:16 PM
At Thanatos' words, some of the Goblins ready their bows, all aimed at her. Udu, not understanding Draconic, looks around, confused.

"Eh? Can someone explain this hostility? What did the Elf say?" Debatra steps forward and addresses him in Goblin.

"Essentially, she threatened to kill you. She does that." Then continuing in Common, "You're not in much a shape to be threatening anyone, Thanatos. Don't think I'll hesistate to kill you. And I'm quite sure our Paladin wouldn't appreciate you slaughtering innocents either.

Debatra readies a Counterspell.

Taekwondodo
2011-05-31, 03:07 AM
To Thanatos. And the rest of us don't appreciate you trying to get us killed. One more time and I'm asking for a vote to send you back to the ship.

To the goblins. I apologise for the Drow. She seems to enjoy provoking people, and shooting her mouth off without thinking. Please ignore her. You were going to tell us about the attacks?

She readies a sneak attack on the first goblin that attacks (or Thanatos), just in case.

Ralasha
2011-05-31, 03:27 AM
"They are evil. Therefor not innocents. You think they wouldn't kill you if they thought they could? If so you're a fool. Also, if you try to kill me, I'll uncork the bottle so to speak, and won't pull my punches like I did on the dwarf. Also, since the threat was intended to move them away from their evil ways, I fail to see how it was wrong, it is not as though I have actually gotten violent against them. Words and actions are entirely seperate, you wouldn't hesitate to kill me? Good to know, then I suppose you'll never be needing healing from me either. Also good to know, more healing for me. Anyone else present that will never require my healing services? I do not take kindly to being threatened without reason."
With that she will heal herself with a cure moderate. [roll0]
"Well, the number of people my vow dictates I need to keep healthy is still diminishing. I'm not your enemy, but that doesn't mean I'll help you if a dragon decides it's going to swallow you. Even if I'm the only other person left standing. If that way of acting brings my own death, I shall be satisfied that it also brought yours. Enjoy the effects of your death threats. Also, if I was trying to get you all killed, I would simply send wave after of wave of undead after you."
"Be glad I am not evil, and do my best to act in the interests of Good."

Taekwondodo
2011-05-31, 06:57 AM
Then that is your definition of Good and not mine. Their wariness of us is probably due to the fact that people like you would happily kill them just because of their race. Something that would make anyone jumpy, no doubt. So you admit you did not fight to the full of you abilities earlier? Even though he scanned evil? Was it because he was a dwarf? Further evidence of your speciest, labelling attitude. :smallmad:

She turns away but then has another thought.

Also, you are a hypocrite. You reacted violently to Debatra's verbal threat yet you say your, also verbal, threat was not to be reacted to badly.

This may be edited later when I've got my thoughts in order properlyDoesn't matter you get the gist.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-31, 11:51 AM
"I was under the impression that we were trying to work together here." murmurs Laen softly, looking at them levelly.

Taekwondodo
2011-05-31, 01:58 PM
Alassieth takes a calming breath.

You're right, Laen, I'm sorry. I apologise Thanatos for any offence I may have caused. Let us agree to disagree over our opinions. I do ask, however, that you think a little more about the consequences of your actions. In a whisper so only Thanatos can hear. Especially when we are surrounded by possible assailants.

She changes the subject.

Actually, I meant to ask you all earlier but I would like to cast some spells into my ring. What would you suggest?

Lix Lorn
2011-05-31, 02:15 PM
"I could grant it some minor healing, or perhaps an offensive spell, if you like." offers Laen.

Debatra
2011-05-31, 02:54 PM
Resisting the urge to Counter Thanatos' healing with Dispel Magic, the Kaedan turns to Laen. "You can Detect Alignment at will, correct? Then do it. Let's see if these truely are evil. I no longer trust Thanatos in this matter.

As for the ring, Might I recommend a Scorching Ray from myself, and a Cure Moderate Wounds from Laen?"

CWater
2011-05-31, 03:07 PM
Irethírra lets out a soundless sigh, and walks a little closer towards the goblins. (She was standing at the back of the group before.)

"Please excuse our bickering", she says to Udu in Common, "I understand your suspicion towards us, but surely you can also understand ours. Still, I would wish to avoid bloodshed if possible, so could you please tell us more about what is going on here?"

The snow elf has a slight foreign accent and her tone lacks emotion, though she tries not to sound threatening.

Taekwondodo
2011-05-31, 03:24 PM
Alassieth nods at the spell suggestions.

That sounds like a good idea. If you could cast them then we can turn our attention back to the goblins.

Ralasha
2011-05-31, 06:23 PM
"The reason I did not fight to my fullest against the dwarf was because He did not appear evil. These goblins however do."

Taekwondodo
2011-05-31, 06:38 PM
I will not enter this argument again with you, I shall merely say that I disagree.

Ralasha
2011-05-31, 06:41 PM
"You are wrong. You disagree with me, I think, as a matter of policy, rather than for any other reason. Ignoring all else to concentrate upon my race."

Taekwondodo
2011-05-31, 06:43 PM
Please stop being difficult.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-31, 07:32 PM
"The dwarf appeared evil to me." says Laen.

CWater
2011-06-01, 09:02 AM
"Evil or not, I cannot see how that matters. He attacked us and didn't respond to words in any way; we had the right protect ourselves."

Sense Motive against Thanatos: [roll0] Any rolls against the goblins will be rolled secretly I presume?

Ralasha
2011-06-01, 09:03 AM
Well, then perhaps he was, I don't remember.

Taekwondodo
2011-06-01, 09:14 AM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Ralasha
2011-06-01, 09:46 AM
"I don't recall saying we didn't. I do however, recall jumping into the fray with the rest of you.... nearly got myself killed doing it. Should have just kept making more undead.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-01, 09:49 AM
Sense Motive [roll0]

Debatra
2011-06-01, 02:31 PM
OOC: Judging by post 138, it may be safer if I roll Ralasha's Bluff.

[roll0]


Any rolls against the goblins will be rolled secretly I presume?

Considering we all saw through it, I fail to see the point.

CWater
2011-06-01, 05:32 PM
Considering we all saw through it, I fail to see the point.

No, I meant Bluff checks to know if they're lying.:smalltongue: Or will, since they haven't spoken much yet.

Debatra
2011-06-01, 05:50 PM
Players roll their own Bluff Checks.

I roll NPC Bluff/Sense Motive and Player Sense Motive secretly.

Debatra
2011-06-02, 12:33 PM
Okay folks, retcon time. Nothing happened after this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11097652&postcount=119).

"The Humans attacked us four days ago. We've been pushed back to this harbor, but we have reinforcements set to arrive on the 'morrow. With you helping us, we bel-" He stops, as if distracted, then says in Goblin, "Excellent news. Unexpected help has come. Will explain in more detail upon your arrival."

Returning to Common, Udu addresses your party at large. "My apologies. I've just received a Sending from the reinforcements. They'll be arriving sooner than expected; only a few hours, if all goes well. As I was saying, your aid presents us with several opportunities. We have information regarding a few priority targets, but a Goblin would never be able to get close enough." he turns toward Debatra and Thanatos. "I'm not sure how the humans would react to you two, but I see no reason they wouldn't trust Elves."

Taekwondodo
2011-06-02, 02:43 PM
Please keep in mind that I only ask this to get the whole story but, to your knowledge, had there been any provocation of the Humans from your people?

Ralasha
2011-06-02, 05:04 PM
Thanatos laughs.

Debatra
2011-06-05, 04:32 PM
"No, but I can only vouch for my own troops. There are quite a few of us, even with most of the civilians... on... the..."

He breaks into Goblin, running towards one of the archers. "BY THE GODS! THE SHIPS! EDDA, FIND JERO AND GET A SENDING OUT THERE!" A Goblin, presumable Edda, runs off the way you came.

Debatra pales a bit. "Sher... rast vern....." Realising he'd slipped into his native tongue, he elaborates in Common. "The storm."

Ralasha
2011-06-05, 04:41 PM
*rewinds* Thanatos heads outside, to the dwarf, and makes him a 24 hit die zombie. His being evil, discounts the requirement, according to her mroal values, of required permission. She will however, give him a proper burial later as an atonement. She will also leave his mind intact so that he may act more intelligently and wisely in the performing of any tasks. She then heads back to the room she was just in, with fully equipped undead dwarf in tow.

He has: His strength, intelligence and wisdom scores.

"I've brought help." She then looks at the dwarf and speaks in dwarven "Unless you preferred it in hell that is?"

Keep in mind, that though he has his body, the only amount of suffering he will feel is the amount she allows him to.

((I have deleted my posts from our argument, might I suggest you do the same, it is done through the editing page.))

Debatra
2011-06-05, 04:51 PM
There's still the issue of you not actually being able to cast Animate Dead yet. Or did I miss some Dread Necromancer Class feature? :smallconfused:

(and I've been. It's generally a good idea.)

Ralasha
2011-06-05, 04:52 PM
((This belongs in OOC, BUT: My Forgotten soul side has it already. Being gestalt, it's my highest caster level which is accounted for that, since my Dread Necro side is also the side that has rebuke. therefor, 2x my effective cleric level being 16, and my casterlevel for controlling undead being 6, 6x4(animate dead)24+16=40 (Though I can actually control... 31+24=) 55 effectively. In other words, I was still not munchkining to the max.))

CWater
2011-06-06, 05:34 PM
Irethírra follows coolly the goblins unrest, though she doesn't understand Goblin. "There seems to be more trouble?", she says, "Can we help?"

Taekwondodo
2011-06-06, 05:46 PM
Alassieth explains the Goblins panic to Irethírra.

As far as I can tell their civilians had been on ships when the storm, which forced us to make land, hit. They are trying to Send to someone on the ships to find out what the situation is.

Is there any way we can help Udu?

Debatra
2011-06-08, 01:04 PM
"I don't think we can."

A moment later, Udu comes back, having calmed himself down considerably.

"Sorry about that. As I was saying: to my knowledge, nobody provoked them."

Ralasha
2011-06-12, 08:35 PM
"Odd, perhaps some paladin was in town. It might explain things, on the other hand, the dwarf was obviously insane, so perhaps whatever afflicted him afflicted the others... That would be more likely, and make more sense. I found a dead man, he was killed by a goblin in the human town. Did your people attack their town?"

Cast detect alignment.

"Do you know where their leadership is? If we can find and speak with them perhaps we can settle this matter peacefully."

Debatra
2011-06-16, 12:14 AM
Udu reads Lawful Neutral.
Zivar still reads Lawful Evil.
The others are mainly Lawful, with some Neutral and Chaotic.
Mainly Neutral, with some Good and some Evil.
One Chaotic Evil, two True Neutrals, no Lawful Goods.

(I'll be more specific when I can get back to my normal computer, which has most of my notes. Probably some time tomorrow.)

Udu just stares at Thanatos for a moment.

"Peace? PEACE?!? Perhaps you don't speak whatever language Zivar used, but he tells me your group was informed that we are under their attack." He takes a moment to calm himself. "But we know where some of their leaders are within the invasion, or at least we believe we do. I'm unsure if I should trust their location to you, or have the lot of you executed before you can give them ours."

Zivar walks up to him. More words in that strange language are traded, before they turn to our group at large.

"Really? Hmm. Zivar tells me you killed Josun? That Dwarf's been a pain in our side for too long. He likes hiring himself off to people planning attacks like these. Loves killing our kind. So you tried to reason with him at first? Bad idea with that one, as you no doubt discovered. Ribba will have to be... informed, of his mistake, giving you that advice."

Udu turns to Thanatos once more. "Zivar couldn't tell if you were bluffing the barbarian, but if you were, and do in the future, dare I ask that you not do so by telling them exactly what we asked of you?

In any event, perhaps we can use you after all, assuming you don't mind killing some Humans?"

Taekwondodo
2011-06-16, 02:53 AM
Jasper sits up growling and Alassieth puts a hand on his head to calm him, while also controlling her own anger. I was raised by humans so I mind very much, but then I mind them killing you as well. If neccessary, however, we will.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-16, 11:46 AM
"In any event, perhaps we can use you after all, assuming you don't mind killing some Humans?"
"I mind killing in general. But if it's necessary, I will do it." says Laen.

Ralasha
2011-06-16, 01:21 PM
"Zivar is evil, I'm not taking it's word for anything. Nor the word of any other evil." Thanatos then points to each person there and says their alignment out loud. "You chose to ally yourself with evil, I therefor chose to not ally myself with you until such time as you change your mind. Evil cannot be trusted, therefor you cannot be trusted. We will find their leaders ourselves and talk to them. If you don't like that, too bad. I can see no reason for killing to be necessary as of yet."

Thanatos then turns to the party "We need to find some bodies so that I may find out where the humanoid leaders are."

Thanatos smiles darkly "All of this stinks a bit too loudly to me. You wish us to not speak with their leadership. I think it's because you started the war and don't wish us to find out. I'm going to find them, I'll discover both sides of the story, I will then act impartially. I will not reveal anyone's location to anyone else. Threats will not be taken kindly. Be glad I don't have a temper."

Debatra
2011-06-16, 05:26 PM
"I'm curious if you would be asking these questions of Humans or Elves, claiming we were attacking theirs. In any event, perhaps you'll trust me then; as you have just confirmed that I am not evil. Eto, scan the Elves and the Kaedan."

The True Neutral Goblin steps forward, and casts his own Detect Alignment, speaking our results aloud as Thanatos did. Udu turns back to Thanatos.

"Then we are the same, you and I. If not Zivar, if not any evil; then why not me? Better yet, go to the Humans and check their Alignments. If you truely refuse to trust Evil creatures, you'll no doubt return here more willing to aid us."

Ralasha
2011-06-16, 05:29 PM
"If they are evil, as you claim, I might not return at all. But I'll be certain to take a few of them with me. In the mean time I require rest so that my magic may replenish. If the rest of those with my will accompany me tomarrow, we should be able to find the truth, the problem behind this, and solve it... given time."

Taekwondodo
2011-06-16, 05:44 PM
You'll need someone who understands tact and it might as well be me. Please warn me before you try to do something potentially fatal, however.

Ralasha
2011-06-16, 05:48 PM
Thanatos reaches out and touches dodo's character.
[roll0] (in case Dodo's character attempts to resist)
[roll1]
then immediately casts cure moderate on dodo's character
[roll2]+5=10
"I can be very lethal. I don't need a weapon, or a spell."

Taekwondodo
2011-06-16, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure if my readied action still applies due to the retconning also do i need to roll anything?

Alassieth wrenches her arm away from Thanatos' grasp. Jasper moves between them, ready to bite should Thanatos attack again.
WHAT THE HELL THANATOS?! Why would you even do that?!

Ralasha
2011-06-16, 06:00 PM
*finishes casting the healing spell before answering.* To help you and everyone else understand... If I wanted to kill, I would. It is not a lack of tact I possess, it is a lack of.. I see no reason to dance about a bush to make a point when blunt words serve best. Logic prevails. (you get no save, nope, don't need to roll anything.)

Taekwondodo
2011-06-16, 06:03 PM
But blunt words have a bad habit of attracting sharp weapons! she hisses

Ralasha
2011-06-16, 06:03 PM
Blunt words may seem harsh, but they also do not have hidden meanings.

Taekwondodo
2011-06-16, 06:05 PM
Yet you are very hard to trust.

Ralasha
2011-06-16, 06:07 PM
"If you are injured I will heal you, if you are in danger, I will assist, if you are evil, I will kill you. I'm very simple. It's very easy to trust me, because it is very easy to predict how I will react under any circumstances. The only reason it might be difficult to trust me, is because you do not know when I will kill you... or how. If you are evil, are you evil?"

Taekwondodo
2011-06-16, 06:13 PM
And I should have predicted you would attack because I implied you lacked tact?:smallconfused: No, I am not evil. And I thought I was chaotic...

Ralasha
2011-06-16, 06:15 PM
I didn't attack you, I was making a demonstration. Would you prefer it if I attacked you? *she has a playful grin*

Lix Lorn
2011-06-16, 06:26 PM
"You're acting about as reliably as a snake." says Laen calmly.

Ralasha
2011-06-16, 06:28 PM
"Snakes are very reliable." She then says to the party, "I promise not to attack any of you again without cause, or warning." She then nods. "Is that better?"

Debatra
2011-06-16, 09:43 PM
"See that you don't. While I obviously can't speak for the others, and nor can you I might add, I'll be the first to strike if you pull a stunt like that again."

Unless anyone wants to do something else, the Goblins will watch us while we rest.

Thanatos and I have Rings of Sustenance, so I (and preumably she as well) will only be resting two hours.

I think only Dodo and I took the Insomniac Flaw, so here's my save.

Fortitude Save (Insomniac) - [roll0]

DC 15

Ralasha
2011-06-16, 10:32 PM
@DMPC: "Screw you too. Look to your own healing. Since you are apparently an enemy. I won't be looking to your health."

*is an elf, and will only be meditating for 2 hours, then rest for another 6 to regain spell slots*

Debatra
2011-06-16, 11:54 PM
For one thing, it's four hours, for another, Thanatos is wearing a Ring of Sustenance, so only needs two.

And yes, that's also to regain spells.

Ralasha
2011-06-17, 01:07 AM
2 hours to regain spells? O_o nice house rule.

Debatra
2011-06-17, 02:56 AM
It's not a house rule; it's loophole abuse. Check the description for a Ring of Sustenance.

You still have to spend the extra hour praying/studying/meditating/whatever, but still nice.

Taekwondodo
2011-06-17, 03:52 AM
Fort save (Insomniac): [roll0]

Alassieth considers saying that comparing Thanatos to a snake is insulting to snakes but decides against it.

Edit: Ha! Natural 20! If only I could get those more often...

CWater
2011-06-17, 06:52 AM
Hey! I don't check the site for one evening and now I find this long discussion! o_O:smallamused:
Good that my character is of the silent type..

Irethírra follows the conversation, but does not see a reason to take part in it. Instead, she looks at the sea with a contemplative expression.

How long do we rest altogether? Because I think that I would still need those 8 hours...

Ralasha
2011-06-17, 01:24 PM
((This stuff like the rings and comments or questions about how long we rest for belongs in OOC.))

CWater
2011-06-17, 05:44 PM
((Aye, aye, commander!)):smallwink:

Taekwondodo
2011-06-19, 03:53 PM
Alassieth stretches after awakening from a refreshing Trance. Jasper follows her as she tidies up, making an nuisance of himself by standing on her bedroll as she tries to put it away. After taking a sip of water and splashing some on her face she gives Jasper something to eat before turning to the rest of the party.

So, what's the plan?

CWater
2011-06-20, 05:57 AM
Irethírra is still busy with preparing her spells, but she answers in a distant voice, without looking at Alassieth. "To find the humans, I believe. Maybe we will understand more of the situation then."

While the elf continues to concentrate on the spells, her familiar Lucra is more restless. It flies a few circles in the air, unsure what to do, before it lands next to Alassieth and starts sniffing her cape.

Taekwondodo
2011-06-22, 08:36 AM
Let's go find the humans then. Udu said he knew where they were.

Ralasha
2011-06-22, 03:53 PM
"Yes. Lets all make it sound as though this wasn't the Drow's idea in the first place." She says this in a very neutral, toneless voice.

Than finishes regaining her spells, then goes to find Udu.

Debatra
2011-06-22, 04:22 PM
"The Humans are holed up in our town proper. We've run into a bit of good fortune, as one of theirs is isolated from the rest. He's a necromancer, interrogating some of ours for troop locations. Northeast of here is an upward slope that will take you to the town. From there, head straight north, and you'll only be able to miss the building he's in long enough to bump into the front door."

Ralasha
2011-06-22, 07:28 PM
Than heads off to find and speak with this 'necromancer'. if the group comes, good, if not, oh well. She should be able to handle a single necromancer.

Taekwondodo
2011-06-23, 02:53 AM
Debatra
Only if no-one else is going with Thanatos

Alassieth thinks a dose of humility would be a good idea for Thanatos but doesn't actually want her dead. As such she follows Thanatos at a distance, keeping out of sight.

Move silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

Ralasha
2011-06-26, 10:32 PM
Hopes the DM remembers to roll listen and Spot.

CWater
2011-06-29, 12:30 AM
Irethírra sighs. "Well, I suppose we can give her a chance to try to gather information. Perhaps she even can get the necomancer to speak."

"What do you think?", she asks the others, "Should we follow her or go straight to the other humans?"

Debatra
2011-06-30, 12:34 PM
"I'm not sure how much I trust her, but she can most likely handle herself. I vote we see what else Udu has for us."

Taekwondodo
2011-06-30, 03:46 PM
Alassieth watches Thanatos walking away. I'm sure he said there were other targets.

Debatra
After Thanatos has moved away she turns to the rest of the group. She may be a holy pain in the ass but she's still part of our team and it doesn't feel right leaving her to face the unknown alone. You see what else can be done; I'm going to follow her and, if need be, help her (with or without her knowledge). Hopefully we'll be back in one piece later! See previous post for other actions.

Ralasha
2011-07-01, 06:43 AM
If Thanatos hears all-ass-ieth speak she stops and waits patiently for him to catch up. If not, she continues traveling to the necromancer.

Debatra
2011-07-05, 01:53 PM
As Thanatos approaches the necromancer's door, she hears muttered cursing and a small thud coming from inside.

Ralasha
2011-07-06, 05:26 AM
You know what, you're right. I'll never do it again. Except for one problem. I read replies from my Email inbox. Where they aren't spoilered. So... **** happens. Next, I'll assume I don't hear anyone, or anything, even when it might alter my actions, but only where it concerns the party. That way they can't bitch about -that-. I'm sure they'll find something else to bitch about though.

Thanatos knocks on the door.

CWater
2011-07-06, 08:27 PM
"I'm not sure how much I trust her, but she can most likely handle herself. I vote we see what else Udu has for us."

Irethírra nods. "I agree. What about you?" She turns to Laen.

Should someone PM Lix? I don't think she has posted in a while...

Debatra
2011-07-06, 10:24 PM
A Human male answers the door. Behind him, you see what are presumably two corpses; one Human and one Goblin. He doesn't look happy with whatever has been happening inside.

Lix Lorn
2011-07-06, 11:09 PM
Irethírra nods. "I agree. What about you?" She turns to Laen.

Should someone PM Lix? I don't think she has posted in a while...
"I'm not sure about her. She seems a little confrontational."

CWater
2011-07-07, 05:50 AM
"...You are perhaps right. Would it ease your worry if I sent Lucra to follow them? We do not share a mind, but I do think that I would now if something went wrong."

Ralasha
2011-07-14, 01:51 PM
Than bows solemnly to the other necromancer. "I greet you. Have you managed to get the information you are looking for, or would you like some assistance?"

Debatra
2011-07-15, 08:44 AM
"I have not, though I don't see how that fool Durin could possibly think someone could help me with this. He should know how Speak with Dead works. As it is, all I've got from this beast is a small cache over by that fireplace. Barely anything in it beyond a handful of coins." He gestures nonchalantly to his right, and you see that he's indicating what appears to be an ordinary wall.

---

Udu approaches those that stayed behind, only just noticing any had left. After being informed of where the others were, he asks you, "Splitting up to cover more ground, eh? Well, whatever you think will work. So are the rest of you going after one of the others?"

Ralasha
2011-07-16, 11:03 AM
Thanatos will look at him, blink and smile slightly. "I'm afraid I was not told what you are here looking for. I heard screams, saw the dead bodies, and figured you are like me. Therefor, as we have similar interests, I introduced myself, and offered to assist you. As you may have now guessed, I don't know who durin is. I just got to this city... and found it looking abandoned. I might also point out, that while you may attempt to lie to me about some stash in some wall, I don't really care. Now, if you would like my assistance, I am more than willing to render it. There are enough people perfectly willing to kill me, showing absolutely no faith in me, being otherwise untrusting, or downright insulting, and to be completely honest, I've about had enough. If you don't want my help, I'll leave. If you do, then I'll help you. The thing about the speak with dead spell is this. You only get a certain number of questions. But two people can both cast it, and ask different questions, thereby gaining more information than one person alone might. Then there is the old adage: two heads are better than 1."

Debatra
2011-07-22, 06:27 PM
Ralasha, roll a Spellcraft check.

Ralasha
2011-07-23, 04:10 AM
Spellcraft: [roll0]

Oh look, I win. >.> I could even identify some low powered epic spells with that... or cast them.

Debatra
2011-07-23, 12:52 PM
You remember that Speak With Dead doesn't work that way just in time to stop yourself saying that. Would you like to amend your statement, drop that part entirely, or attempt to make a bluff check to convince him of something he already knows to be untrue? (not impossible, but not likely) Feel free to come up with a Third- (http://www.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TakeAThirdOption) or rather a Fourth Option.

Ralasha
2011-07-23, 04:55 PM
I just won't say that. >.> (by the gods, my memory is bad.)

Debatra
2011-07-25, 10:49 AM
The man gives you an odd look. "If you're really that new here, and you don't know Durin, how pray tell did you know I was looking for anything, much less where to find me?"

Ralasha
2011-07-25, 12:42 PM
"First of all, I heard the screams, as I was walking in the area, that's how I knew where you are. To the second half, you mentioned that you didn't expect Durin to send help when we first met. Magic leaves a residue which is not hard to detect. If you know how, you can even sense it from a distance. Even in so far as what type of magic. I see two corpses, that together with the screaming, the bodies, and the 'help' and it's obvious. Or am I missing something vital? I might also point out that if you wish, I can prove that I am in fact a necromancer, quite easily. Professional question, is your magic divine, or arcane? Mine is both."

Debatra
2011-07-27, 12:22 PM
The man looks at you, confused. "What screams? There wasn't any screaming. And so what if I mentioned Durin? You offered your help the moment I opened the door. It's obvious you knew I'm here and what I'm doing, so explain yourself before I get nasty."

He holds up his left hand, so you can clearly see him readying a spell in case your answers aren't to his satisfaction.

Ralasha
2011-07-28, 01:47 AM
"I told you the ship I was on stopped here. I was walking through trying to find people. I heard screaming coming from this direction, I headed in this direction. I saw the bodies when you opened the door. What would you like to know?"

Debatra
2011-07-28, 03:01 AM
The man lowers his hand, keeping the spell prepared just in case. "First off, you said no such thing, and there was no screaming. Second, let me see if I have this straight; You arrived here by boat, found the harbor deserted and decided to look around. You either hear or imagine screaming, so you come here to investigate it. You see the dead bodies in here, and your first reaction... is to offer me assistance in gathering information, which you don't seem to have any way of knowing I'm looking for."

It didn't seem possible, but he now looks even more confused.

Ralasha
2011-07-28, 12:38 PM
"I often hear the dead screaming, it's not unusual. I'm great for locating bodies. especially if its someone I know, since I can recognize their voices. And, what else is a person doing in seclusion with bodies, other than trying to gather information? I myself prefer privacy for such things, as most people do not enjoy, or even tolerate the presence of necromancy. Yes, you have the jist of it. Would you like assistance? Also, since you seem to be part of a larger group, how well do they tolerate necromancy? I'm going to show you something, please do not be startled, it will not harm you."

Prepare to cast summon undead 1.

"With your permission?" She waits for some verbal or visual cue.

Debatra
2011-07-29, 05:10 PM
"They don't particularly like it, but they understand the benefits. As for 'what else' I could be doing, did it occur to you that I may have just finished murdering these two? As a matter of fact, that could easily explain the screams, as well as give me reason to deny them. If it did occur to you, did you also think a murderer would want anyone alive able to link him to the bodies?"

"Luckily for you, your original assumption was correct. But you would do well to remember that in the future. Oh, and by all means, show me your little trick."

Ralasha
2011-07-30, 06:06 AM
Casts it. "It allows me to summon undead creatures from my goddesses realm. Unfortunately... because it is neither arcane, nor divine, but a mixture of both... most casters have a hard time learning it."

"No, it hadn't occurred to me. Thank you. Fortunately, the path I follow is one of mastering unlife. I am hoping to find a way to create positive energy undead, and possibly becoming a positive energy based lich at some point. It would after all, have its own very distinctive advantages. For example, avoiding the damage that undeath causes."

((Would I be able to take the Tomb Guardian PRC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197360)?))

Debatra
2011-08-01, 07:17 PM
The man's look of confusion is quickly replaced by one of amusement. "Cute, though you should probably be told that the Summon Undead line is not a mixture just because a Sorcerer and a Cleric can both cast it. Spells such as those are Arcane or Divine based on their caster; it is not inherent, as is such with a Fireball, or a healing spell. It's no more difficult than any other spell of its level."

As he speaks, he gestures. When he finishes, a Ghast appears roughly 15 feet away from the two of you.

Ralasha
2011-08-01, 09:31 PM
"The only problem with that idea is that I do cast both arcane and divine, and thus when I cast it, it is both." Looks at the ghast. I'm assuming he cast summon undead. "So you're a cleric then, since to my knowledge, wizards and sorcerers can't cast the combination of spells you've used today." ((He's also at least 1 level higher than me. >.>))

Debatra
2011-08-02, 01:19 PM
Udu approaches those that stayed behind, only just noticing any had left. After being informed of where the others were, he asks you, "Splitting up to cover more ground, eh? Well, whatever you think will work. So are the rest of you going after one of the others?"

Since people are complaining about having nothing to do...

Ralasha
2011-08-02, 02:20 PM
"So, how many arcane casters do you know that can do this?"
Rebukes the Ghast:
[roll0]
[roll1]
*giggles*

Ralasha
2011-08-02, 02:21 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ralasha
2011-08-02, 03:44 PM
As taken directly from the page for tomb guardian: Please tell me why you think it does not continue to gain spells and caster levels?
Requirements:
Alignment: Any Non-Evil, non-Chaotic. Tomb Guardians have rules and laws. And the ways of evil do not well mesh with the ideals of a guardian of the dead.
Spell Casting: Must be able to cast 3rd level spells as a cleric, wizard, sorcerer, or other primary caster.
Feats: Spellfocus (Necromancy)
Domains: Access to the death or the repose domain. The Arcane Disciple feat counts if either the death or repose domain is chosen.
Skills: 8 ranks in Knowledge (Religion), and Knowledge (Arcana).

Hit Dice: D6

Skills: *The character retains the skill list and progression of the primary spellcasting class with which the character takes this class. (Because I'm lazy.)

Level | BAB | FS | RS | WS | Special
1 | +0 | +2 | +0 | +2 | Speak with Dead (Su)
2 | +1 | +3 | +0 | +3 | Undead Guardian
3 | +2 | +3 | +1 | +3 | Detect Undead
4 | +3 | +4 | +1 | +4 | Turn/Rebuke Undead
5 | +3 | +4 | +1 | +4 | Death Pact

The Tomb Guardian:
Consideration: The character's levels in Tomb Guardian count as though each level were 1 level of cleric for determining the maximum number of hit dice the character may command, this stacks with other classes class features and effects when determining maximum number of hit dice command-able.
Caster Level: The Tomb Guardian continues to gain spells known and caster levels as though it had continued taking levels in its primary casting class.
Speak With Dead (Su): The tomb guardian may speak with the dead as a supernatural ability. This ability is usable once per day per point of ability bonus of the character's primary casting score. (Wisdom for a cleric, intelligence for a wizard, charisma for a sorcerer, etc.)
Undead Guardian (Su): The character may chose to find a person who has died recently or in the past, and request their assistance. If they acquiesce the character gains an undead companion. Important note:Unlike standard undead this one has a mind of its own, and retains its own individuality, wisdom and knowledge. Unlike standard undead, these do not decompose, are healed by positive energy, and damaged by negative energy. This has the added effect of meaning that they are turned by rebuke attempts while turning them has no effect. They are otherwise the same as standard undead. The undead is equal to the character's Level in hit dice. The character may chose what type of 'undead' is created, up to the strongest available according to what spells it has for the creation of undead.
*See Special Note below.
The character may communicate with its undead companion as though speaking with another person in their native tongue.
If the undead guardian is killed it is not destroyed, but can instead be brought back to life as though it were a living creature. Alternatively, the character may attempt to find a new companion, leaving its old one to rest after performing proper funeral rites.
Detect Undead (Su): The tomb guardian gains the ability to detect all undead within range. This ability acts as the spell, but the character has an unlimited number of times it can use this per day.
Turn/Rebuke (Su): The character is able to turn or rebuke undead at its discretion as a cleric of it's levels in this class. If it has turn/rebuke, the levels of this class stack with levels in its class granting this ability. Sometimes the best way to defeat a necromancer is to use its own undead against it before putting them to rest. However, misuse of this ability costs the loss of all the abilities of this class until the character has undergone an Attonement. The character may use this ability a number of times equal to 3+Cha Mod per day. This is a seperate pool from the standard cleric's turn/rebuke pool, and may be used to either turn, or rebuke at the character's discretion. (Thus a Lawful Good Cleric 5/Tomb Guardian 4 may use rebuke undead.)
Death Pact (Su): The greatest, and most reveared duty of any tomb guardian is the defense of the dead. The Death Pact class ability allows a tomb guardian to do so. Once perday the tomb guardian may grant all of the dead within any sanctified tomb graveyard or crypt the ability to rise from death in order to defend itself against attackers. Those so risen are as they were in life, at full health, but with the undying type. Making this ability permanent requires 4 days of complicated rituals, and costs four thousand gold in precious holy oils, waters, and other materials with which the dead are anointed, blessed, and given the ability to return.
This ability also allows the tomb guardian to raise all dead within a 60' area temporarily, for 1 minute. Short term use is a full round action, and requires nothing more than a vial of holy water.
This ability does not prevent the recently dead from being raised, resurrected or otherwise returned to life after the effect ends. This time does not count against the time allotted for other spells to bring the dead back to life.
*Special Note:The tomb gurdian turns, rebukes and raises undead through a trick of positive energy. Any undead the tomb guardian creates must first be asked to assist the guardian through the use of its speak with undead ability, or through other means. If it denies the request, the tomb guardian may not raise it as undead. If it says yes, it gains the deathless type when created. Creating these creatures otherwise follows the standard rules for creating undead. All spells that normally create undead instead create deathless when cast by a tomb guardian. Thus a ghoul or other 'undead' created by a Tomb guardian is deathless instead of undead, is good or neutral aligned, and does not eat flesh of living things. Though they may still eat, they prefer food as they ate in life (This includes all undead that eat, such as vampires, ghouls, etc.). All undead created by a tomb guardian have minds of their own, and remember who and what they were in life, as well as retaining the skills they once possessed. These undead do not rot, but instead show a semblance of health, almost as though still living (due to being reanimated through positive energy).
You can even look at its page, and see, I have not edited it to add anything.

Debatra
2011-08-02, 04:17 PM
Thanatos feels the zombie she just summoned being commanded (I just checked; nowhere does it say friendly undead are left out of Turn attempts). The Ghast appears unaffected.

"Well, Dread Necromancers for one. And do you honestly believe even a moderately intelligent Necromancer wouldn't take steps to protect his creations from such tricks?"

Ralasha
2011-08-02, 04:19 PM
"Ah, but we dread necromancers aren't arcane casters persay."

Lix Lorn
2011-08-02, 04:51 PM
Since people are complaining about having nothing to do...
"Yes, I believe so." nods Laen, softly. "Where do you think we would be most helpful?"

Taekwondodo
2011-08-03, 04:00 PM
[note to self: rolls do not work in pm]

Search: [roll0]

Debatra
2011-08-03, 10:22 PM
You may as well come back to the thread. You stopped tailing Than a while ago.

Everyone feel free to read these.



Since Thanatos seems to be in no danger of getting attacked at the moment (although her questions about how necros are treated on the human's team has made her wary of Than's intentions) Alassieth decides she could do a bit of scouting around the other houses, to see if there is anything of interest.

[ooc: there are other houses around aren't there? Give me a quick run down of other buildings in the area. /ooc]

The only ways to go from here are south the way you came, which you remember yielded nothing of interest (at least in the direct route you took), and to the east. Along the eastern path are several houses, all of them boarded up, until you come to a crossroads.

Looking to the north, you see what looks like the town's main gate, with two humans in full armor in front of it; as well as a large tent a few feet to the west of said gate.

To the south, you see what looks like more boarded up houses leading to the cliff's edge. You also see another crossroad of the path and something you can't identify from that distance.

To the east, you see yet another crossroad in the path. A Gnome looks to be either resting or dead (he's too far to tell) a few feet to the north of the intersection.



[Is she still invisible or has it worn off?]

Alassieth heads to check on the Gnome.

Still invisible.

As she nears him, she notices his chest rising and falling calmly. He lets out a soft snore here and there.

To the north is a large... something you can't identify. It looks like a ship, but with large bits of cloth hovering above it. (OOC: It's an airship, but they're a relatively new invention in this world, so not many know about it. You're untrained in the appropriate Knowledge skill, so you can't make the higher-than-10 DC.)

To the east is a short path and a house that isn't boarded up for once.

To the south is a longer path, leading to a larger, also not boarded building of some sort.

And of course, west is the way you came.



She doesn't wish to disturb the Gnome (although sleeping at a crossroads is a little weird) so continues on. She heads east, to the smaller house.

Peering in the window, you see a man dressed in rags sitting at a table, writing something.



Any open windows/doors, can she see what he is writing?

No.



Damn.

Alassieth leaves the man for now as she would not be able to do anything without attracting his attention and her invisibility could probably be put to some better use. She returns the way she came and heads south to the larger house.

Upon closer inspection, this building looks to be quite important. Perhaps the home of a Lord, Mayor, or whatever Sogra calls its leader. Or maybe a meeting place of some sort. As with last time, the front door is closed. Perhaps locked, perhaps not. Looking around, you find a window cracked open, leading into an empty room.



She goes in.

[It's dark, you are likely to be eaten by a grue. :smalltongue:]

As you step inside, you feel your foot land on something small and solid.



She looks at what she has stepped on.

[c'mon, you could have said what she stepped on without being asked!]

I figured I'd make you paranoid that you triggered a trap or something.

Glancing down, you spot a single gold piece.

You also stumble over your first piece of OOC advice: Search is normally not a passive skill.

Two doorways. One to the left, one to the right. No actual doors.



Oh, I was a bit worried but I figured she's still invisible and a weapon trap would have gone off immediately.

Alassieth scoops up the gold coin and puts it in her pocket. Where there's one coin there's usually more and the place seems deserted [?]. She looks between the doorways, deciding, and then heads to her left. Hopefully she'll have time to search the other direction as well.

[don't you roll search though? Do we still have to say we are searching?]

You roll it. It's not a passive skill like Spot and Listen. You happen to be one of the few exceptions, as Elves are entitled to Search checks to find hidden doors and such if they get close enough. Other Search checks are active.

If this place was deserted, it was very recent judging by the lack of dust around the place. Alassieth finds herself in a well-stocked kitchen. Unless she feels like nabbing a snack, there appears at first glance to be little of value in this room. On the far wall is a door hanging open.


[I confused search and spot. Search is pretty much for doors and traps isn't it? Although if it's for more...]

Alassieth searches the room properly.

Search: [roll0]

Some pieces of meat, a few small bones, a feather or two and various fruits, vegetables and utensils litter the main table. For some reason you can't fathom, a knife with bits of potato sticking to it has a silver blade. You also see a small vile filled with something you can't identify.

---

"Next would best be General Fanni, most likely in the palisade to the north. I doubt you'll be able to just walk up to him." As Udu speaks, Zivar approaches, and hands him a scroll. "I doubt their guards would glance twice at a group of Elves wandering around, but any stranger trying to access their higher-ups are bound to draw attention. Take whatever measures you see fit, but the General must be killed.

To get to the palisade, take the same route as your friends, but keep going until you see a large tent. The gate will be near it. If you can, keep going east, past the gate, and see if you can spot any security for the largest building in that area. We believe their Lord Durin is there, but we can't be sure. If you get the chance, take him out as well. He's the highest priority we have.

We would appreciate if you would keep contact with us while you were gone; report certain things as you see them. This spell will allow you to do that."

He casts the scroll, and those of you that are willing find your minds linked as one.

Whenever you're ready. This link will last about an hour and a half.

Taekwondodo
2011-08-04, 02:37 AM
Alassieth decides the knife and the vial might be important, so takes them. She heads through the open door.

Ralasha
2011-08-04, 07:26 AM
((But what about the bits of potato, those too might be important. Trust me, I was once in a campaign where a small shiny pebble was the important item, and we just left it behind because it was in the middle of the road and figured it was just a stone. So don't forget the bits of potato.))

"So... why is this area looking so abandoned?"

Lix Lorn
2011-08-04, 08:24 AM
Laen nods seriously, and looks at any of his remaining companions, asking them mentally if they're coming.

CWater
2011-08-09, 03:00 PM
((I APOLOGIZE THAT I HAVEN'T POSTED IN AGES. *deep bow* I don't know what happened to my motivation.:P Anyways, I'm back now.))

Irethírra doesn't really like the spell cast, but she doesn't resist it. However, she decides to reply with spoken words.
"Yes, let us try to find the General then", she says, "Or this Lord Durin, should it come to that." To Udu specifically "I trust you will inform our companions which way we went, in case we will not see them on the way?"

Sharply, the snow elf turns away from the goblin and starts walking in the pointed direction.

--

Irethírra's small bat familiar flies around the crossroads that Alassieth passed a while ago. Lucra remembers that she was supposed to follow the young elf, but then she got briefly distracted by this interesting bird and followed it for a while and now the elf is nowhere to be seen! (The bat missed that Alassieth became invisible.)

Worried that her master will be angry should she find out, Lucra flies a few more nervous circles in the air.

Ralasha
2011-08-13, 11:05 PM
Wonders how long the other necromancer is going to take.

Debatra
2011-08-14, 09:59 AM
(Yes, yes, I know. Unforeseen inability to use computer, etc., back now)

Ralasha
"Since you obviously haven't noticed, there are battles soon to be fought. Most of us are either hiding out or signing with the army."
---
Taekwondodo
You come to a small library of sorts, with five shelves almost full of books. The room's only occupant is a human woman sitting in an armchair facing away from you, reading one of the many books. There are a few tables, a houseplant here and there, a few lamps, etc. Three of the shelves are behind the woman, so you can safely take from them if you wish.
---
Everyone Else
"I'll be sure of it."

You hear an unfamiiar female voice through the link. It seems to be emanating from Debatra. "Unless anyone else can think of a reason not to move on, I think we should avoid wasting this spell."

Ralasha
2011-08-14, 02:01 PM
Unless the 'ghost' was the person tailing Than, Than turns towards the ghost now. "Hello." If it was. "My offer of help has now expired I think. Very well, since you don't want it, I think I'll find something else to do. Wee Jas is very generous.

Taekwondodo
2011-08-18, 01:43 PM
[I'm back!!]

Alassieth glances quickly to see if any of the books look interesting.

Search: [roll0]

Ralasha
2011-08-18, 06:05 PM
Than will laugh, turn and begin to walk away. "By the way, I know where some fresh corpses are, I guess you won't be needing those though. Enjoy not having my assistance since you don't want it. Maybe I'll find someone else that can use me... one way or another."

Debatra
2011-08-28, 11:32 AM
@ Ralasha:

"Well, have fun with those then..."

Leaving the house, you can either go south the way you came, or head east.

---

@ Dodo:

The most obvious thing on these shelves is a white bottle, slightly larger than the last one. Among the books are both fiction and non. Some of the titles include:

Regalia of the Hero
Raiment of the Four
Group Tactical Excersises
Instruments of the Blood-Gift
Vestments of Divinity

(I'm just going to outright tell you that none of this is plot-relevant)

---

@ Everyone Else: POST

Taekwondodo
2011-08-28, 02:03 PM
(I'm just going to outright tell you that none of this is plot-relevant)

But...but books are always relevant! :smallconfused:

Alassieth takes the white bottle (it may not be plot relevant but it might be useful) but resists taking any of the books. It's quite a struggle but she rationalises that there is no way for her to carry everything. She looks around if there is any other way out the room except from the way she came in.

Debatra
2011-08-28, 08:27 PM
Next to one of the two remaining shelves (you can use the same Search roll for them or for searching the same shelves again if you like), is yet another open door. You can tell it leads to the room you didn't enter when you first came in through the window; and most likely the closed front door.

Taekwondodo
2011-08-29, 02:31 AM
Search the other two shelves please.

Ralasha
2011-08-29, 08:18 AM
Thanatos will head down, around the corner. Cast summon Undead 3. and since her other creature is commanded, it should no longer count as summoned, command the new undead, using rebuke, summon another group, for a total of 3 times.
Reposting to post turn checks
Turning Check: [roll0]
Turning Damage: [roll1]
Turning Check: [roll2]
Turning Damage: [roll3]
Turning Check: [roll4]
Turning Damage: [roll5]

Lix Lorn
2011-08-29, 09:42 AM
Everyone Else
"I'll be sure of it."

You hear an unfamiiar female voice through the link. It seems to be emanating from Debatra. "Unless anyone else can think of a reason not to move on, I think we should avoid wasting this spell."
In lieu of waiting for anyone else, Laen starts to go.

CWater
2011-08-29, 01:30 PM
Irethírra followes Laen. When they gained some distance to the goblins, she asks her (aloud in Elven): "Well...what do you think of all this?"

Lix Lorn
2011-08-29, 02:45 PM
"It all seems a little odd." he murmurs. "I don't really trust anyone we've encountered, but we have no real reason to believe that they're lying."

His wolf is there too.

Ralasha
2011-08-30, 03:24 PM
So, since my summoned undead no longer counts, did I manage to rebuke the other necromancer's creation?

Taekwondodo
2011-08-30, 03:26 PM
Spell craft check 1: [roll0]
Spell craft check 2: [roll1]

Debatra
2011-08-30, 03:29 PM
@ Ralasha:

Sorry, but it still counts as summoned. However, I feel like it was a bad idea to have friendly Undead counted in Turn/Rebuke attempts. I won't retcon it, (except by saying the zombie isn't commanded anymore, but it's still under your control) but friendly Undead aren't affected.

It was a dumb mistake, and I'm fixing it now.

What specific type of Undead are you summoning? Also, if only so neither of us have to dig around every time:

{table=head]Level|Undead
1st|Human warrior skeleton, Kobold zombie
2nd|Owlbear skeleton, Bugbear zombie
3rd|Ghoul, Troll skeleton, Ogre zombie
4th|Allip, Ghast, Wyvern zombie
5th|Mummy, Shadow, Vampire spawn, Wight[/table]

@ Dodo:

Taking from these shelves entitles the woman to a Spot check. Roll Slight of hand for each item taken.

This yields a few more interesting results. Among a few other books, are two scrolls, one Major and one Minor. And since I'm blatantly making up what you find as I go, I'll just roll what they are here.

Number of Spells (Dodo, make this many Spellcraft checks)
Scroll A: [roll0]
Scroll B: [roll1]

Spell Levels
Scroll A: [roll2]
Scroll B: [roll3]

Spells
Scroll A: [roll4]
Scroll B: [roll5]

Some of the Books
The Basics of Dragons
The Green Runners (Make a Knowledge (History) check, with a +2 bonus. You are considered Trained for this check.)

Taekwondodo
2011-08-30, 03:38 PM
Take the two I rolled as the first roll for each scroll.

SC A 2: [roll0]
SC A 3: [roll1]

SC B 2: [roll2]
SC B 3: [roll3]
SC B 4: [roll4]
SC B 5: [roll5]
SC B 6: [roll6]

Knowledge history: [roll7]

EDIT: so what's the verdict?

Ralasha
2011-08-30, 03:48 PM
How many human skeleton warriors can I get with Summon Undead 3?

Debatra
2011-08-30, 03:49 PM
From Spellcraft, you get nothing (feel free to take those two rerolls).

For Knowledge, you forgot your Int bonus, though I guess I could've worded that better. When I say to add a certain bonus to a roll, that's in addition to any existing bonuses. Your Knowledge result is 18.

An elf kingdom had a legion of warriors chosen for their speed and endurance. Called the Green Runners, these warriors received special training that built upon their talents. They were noted for tirelessly running long distances and for acting as expert scouts and commandos. The Green Runners were the kingdom’s elite fighting force, and bands of Green Runners were occasionally sent to aid the kingdom’s allies. The warriors received pieces of the fleet warrior’s array as an indication of rank. The highest-ranking members owned all three and were elevated out of the ranks of the legion to serve as an elite cadre of Green Runner guards for the royal family. Each of the elves in this group effectively held the rank of general and acted as an advisor to the king and queen, a position to which every Green Runner could aspire.

Debatra
2011-08-30, 03:54 PM
How many human skeleton warriors can I get with Summon Undead 3?

Four. And I'll make them Fighters instead and give them each another level/HD. Their extra new feats?