PDA

View Full Version : [3.5, Brainstorm] Disney Princess Class?

Fako
2011-05-17, 11:59 PM
Strange as it may sound, I do have a reason behind this, spoilered below:

Before the Base Class Challenge of this month was clothing, the material was to make a class around a Disney Princess. I showed this to my wife, and it piqued her interest in playing D&D, because it gave her something she could relate to within the game. Sadly, making it off of one princess is far too restrictive, so the topic of the contest changed... I was hoping to make a class for her, to try to spark her interest in D&D (I admit I may fail miserably, but it's worth a shot... :smalltongue:)

Basically, I want to make a 3.5 base class that pulls from the Disney Princesses. Considering the group I run mostly plays tier 3 classes, I'm aiming there for balance. My current ideas are below, and I was hoping to get some help from the community...

While they can be wildly different, a lot of the princesses share some common factors (other than being female): They normally have the ability to sing, and they always seem to make it out of sticky situations, sometimes using their brains, sometimes their charm, sometimes because they're too ignorant of the problem at hand to notice. As such, those would be the base of the Princess class, which to me means a Bard/Factotum hybrid. Let me explain:

Bardic Music translates perfectly for the various songs we see in the movies. Change the name and/or songs given, and it will give the class support abilities.

The Inspiration system from the Factotum represents his vast knowledge, as well as his ability to adapt to situations. Change it to Whimsy, and you can use a similar system to represent something (magic, destiny, DM Fiat, etc) responding to the situation the princess is in, slightly molding it in her favor. Obviously the abilities would need to be changed/refluffed, but I think the general idea makes sense...

In addition to that, I was hoping to give Special Abilities that can be chosen every X levels, which are pulled from the Disney Princesses (companion animals, the ability to pull non-hostile NPCs into a performance, speaking with animals) to give the class some customization.

Spells would be out (except possibly from Whimsy, but I can't really see them being able to "accidentally" launch a Fireball), so there would need to be a way to fill dead levels (such as letting them opt to have a singing partner to boost the effect of their performance, or bonuses on skills related to Charm, etc)...

For the rough numbers, I was thinking moderate BAB (no spells, so must be able to fight somewhat), d6 or d8 HD, Good Will, and 4+int skills (a lot of the princesses read, and others have practical training)...

Any thoughts/ideas?

PoorHobo
2011-05-18, 12:21 AM
I have some notes for the initial competetion I was making on a different computer, I'll post them in a couple of hours and you can take what you will.

Fako
2011-05-18, 12:34 AM
I have some notes for the initial competetion I was making on a different computer, I'll post them in a couple of hours and you can take what you will.

That would be wonderful. Thank you :smallbiggrin:

Ajadea
2011-05-18, 12:38 AM
Most of them have charming abilities-enchantment SLAs are calling your name here. Nymph-style aura/gaze attacks may also be appropriate: I see a basic progression of dazzled -> shaken -> fascinated/frightened -> dazed/panicked depending on alignment.

Der_DWSage
2011-05-18, 06:30 AM
Interesting idea indeed...and I have to give it credit. Disney Princess seems to be a support class more than anything else, with a heavy, heavy focus on CHA, so I would suggest the following for it...

Being able to give allies a re-roll a number of times per day equal to their CHA modifier. (Source:I don't see how Little Mermaid's hero could've driven a ship into Ursula, otherwise.)

Having an aura similar to the Vow of Nonviolence. Perhaps starting with having a bonus to AC equal to CHA when unarmored, or a constant Sanctuary effect with a DC equal to 11+CHA bonus. (Source:Snow White, and the woodsman simply being unable to cut out her heart.)

Druid/Ranger Wild Empathy/Speak with Animals. I could see this being a possible bonus feature for them, as not every princess could speak with the animals. (Source:Cinderella's mice, Snow White in the forest with Wild Empathy)

A bonus to Diplomacy checks? (Source:Cinderella, despite not being in a high-falutin' place in her life, manages to dazzle an entire ballroom full of nobles.)

Animal Companion option, mayhaps? (Source:Jasmine and her tiger, Rajah)

Paladin's bonus to saves, based on CHA. Perhaps being able to share some of that bonus with her friends, simply because they're the 'pure' ones.

A penalty to their abilities whenever they attack/kill an opponent. While not all princesses are sugar and light, many of the abilities that come from their innocence would certainly take a penalty if an opponent saw them cut out someone's still beating heart.

On further thought, I see I have the makings of two paths here. So to summarize...

Animal Princess:Gain Animal Companion, ally re-rolls, ally bonus to saves, perhaps CHA bonus to AC, Paladin Smite ability. (Perhaps apply the smite to animal companion only?)

Innocent Princess:Gain Familiar, ally re-rolls, constant Sanctuary effect, ally re-rolls, ally bonus to saves, penalty after attacking/killing an opponent, bonus to Diplomacy checks equal to level.

Just a few ideas. I'd also recommend heavily against spell-casting capability, unless it's a very limited list restricted to spells per day. After all, if it's to get your wife interested, spell-casting classes aren't all that recommended to new players.

Morph Bark
2011-05-18, 09:07 AM
As the originator of the idea, I fully support this effort. (b'_')b

A bonus to Diplomacy checks? (Source:Cinderella, despite not being in a high-falutin' place in her life, manages to dazzle an entire ballroom full of nobles.)

Paladin's bonus to saves, based on CHA. Perhaps being able to share some of that bonus with her friends, simply because they're the 'pure' ones.

A penalty to their abilities whenever they attack/kill an opponent. While not all princesses are sugar and light, many of the abilities that come from their innocence would certainly take a penalty if an opponent saw them cut out someone's still beating heart.

On further thought, I see I have the makings of two paths here. So to summarize...

Animal Princess:Gain Animal Companion, ally re-rolls, ally bonus to saves, perhaps CHA bonus to AC, Paladin Smite ability. (Perhaps apply the smite to animal companion only?)

Innocent Princess:Gain Familiar, ally re-rolls, constant Sanctuary effect, ally re-rolls, ally bonus to saves, penalty after attacking/killing an opponent, bonus to Diplomacy checks equal to level.

The dazzling nobles thing could otherwise be more like a fascinate effect. I support the animal companion option, especially since there is also Pocahontas with Meeko and Flit, Ariel with that fish and probably more that I cannot recall right now. Mushu from Mulan could be a familiar.

The princesses seem to fall in different categories, with many of them being small town girls (living in a lonely world), others being wild princesses, yet others living in big cities. Mulan seems to be a bit different from the rest, being the only real warrior princess.

An idea would be to create different paths that are different from one another and that they later on gain abilities from one other path, seeing how both Pocahontas and Jasmine have animal companions, but are quite different on other areas.

I wouldn't give penalties from attacking, but rather give bonuses when they deal nonlethal damage or doing something other than attacking. Don't punish someone from wanting to play the class.

Someone also mentioned in the Base Class Challenge chat thread that Marvel is now owned by Disney, so any superheroine who is also a princess could also qualify for being called a Disney princess. You could include that as an alternate option.

Fako
2011-05-18, 11:54 AM
Most of them have charming abilities-enchantment SLAs are calling your name here. Nymph-style aura/gaze attacks may also be appropriate: I see a basic progression of dazzled -> shaken -> fascinated/frightened -> dazed/panicked depending on alignment.

I can't personally recall any charming abilities, aside from the sequences in Enchanted where she pulls bystanders into her routines... could you provide some examples, that way I could figure out the "average rules" for the charms?

Interesting idea indeed...and I have to give it credit. Disney Princess seems to be a support class more than anything else, with a heavy, heavy focus on CHA, so I would suggest the following for it...

Being able to give allies a re-roll a number of times per day equal to their CHA modifier. (Source:I don't see how Little Mermaid's hero could've driven a ship into Ursula, otherwise.)

This sounds good, especially since it will give options outside of their own rounds of combat.

Having an aura similar to the Vow of Nonviolence. Perhaps starting with having a bonus to AC equal to CHA when unarmored, or a constant Sanctuary effect with a DC equal to 11+CHA bonus. (Source:Snow White, and the woodsman simply being unable to cut out her heart.)

Cha to AC was an idea I was already playing with, possibly using "enchanted dresses" to do so if the class didn't have room for it in the end, but I like the Sanctuary idea as well...

Agreed, the question is how prominent to make the ability. If it's a Special Ability, the bonus would be higher than if it's simply to fill a dead level...

Yes to animal companion, as well as possibly familiars (I don't see Mushu qualifying as an animal companion...)

This sounds good, especially considering my original idea to only give them Will as a good save... would help to shore up their defenses...

I don't really see this working, while it does make sense flavor-wise. Maybe allow them to take this in exchange for a large bonus when they don't harm others?

Paths are nice, but also require that you effectively build multiple mini-classes to flesh each one out. Not necessarily bad, but I'm not sure just what paths should be made to reflect the princesses...

Just a few ideas. I'd also recommend heavily against spell-casting capability, unless it's a very limited list restricted to spells per day. After all, if it's to get your wife interested, spell-casting classes aren't all that recommended to new players.

And thank you for the ideas ^_^ Every post here has been pointing out something that I didn't think of yet, which is always nice. And the only spell-casting they might get would be similar to Arcane Dilletante(sp?), which lets the factotum prepare at most 8 spells they can use that day.

As the originator of the idea, I fully support this effort. (b'_')b

:smallbiggrin:

The dazzling nobles thing could otherwise be more like a fascinate effect. I support the animal companion option, especially since there is also Pocahontas with Meeko and Flit, Ariel with that fish and probably more that I cannot recall right now. Mushu from Mulan could be a familiar.

I was thinking of putting the Fascinate effect under either the Whimsy features or the Songs they get, maybe call it "Grace" and have it be a silent song they can maintain?

The princesses seem to fall in different categories, with many of them being small town girls (living in a lonely world), others being wild princesses, yet others living in big cities. Mulan seems to be a bit different from the rest, being the only real warrior princess.

An idea would be to create different paths that are different from one another and that they later on gain abilities from one other path, seeing how both Pocahontas and Jasmine have animal companions, but are quite different on other areas.

Again with paths, which I'm not sure about... Based on your suggestions and Der_DWSage's, it looks like the following paths might be appropriate: Animal Lover (Snow White, Cinderella, Pocahontas), Rebellious Spirit (Jasmine, Ariel), Warrior (Mulan, possibly Rapunzel), and Innocent Heart (Giselle).

Adding a second path at a stunted progression is a very good idea, and if implemented this might replace the special abilities that I was thinking of...

I wouldn't give penalties from attacking, but rather give bonuses when they deal nonlethal damage or doing something other than attacking. Don't punish someone from wanting to play the class.

Agreed.

Someone also mentioned in the Base Class Challenge chat thread that Marvel is now owned by Disney, so any superheroine who is also a princess could also qualify for being called a Disney princess. You could include that as an alternate option.

:smalleek: This opens up a MASSIVE can of worms, and could lead to a lot more work than I was hoping for... I'm not against this, but I don't feel I have the experience with marvel to do it justice...

-----------

Thanks for all the responses guys ^_^ Going to have free time tomorrow, so I'll work on a rough framework then.

Der_DWSage
2011-05-18, 11:56 AM
Alright, now that I've got some time on my hands...here's my proposal for the Disney Princess class.

Princess

Abilities:As a Princess has no skill in wearing armor, a good Dexterity score is vital to their survival. However, nearly all of their abilities are based off of them being charming and enticing, so any good Princess worth her salt is going to have a high Charisma score. And just like any other class, they always benefit from having a few more points in Constitution.

HD:D6
Alignment:Any Good. A Princess is the epitome of innocence and purity, and cannot even be ambivalent-she must truly believe in the goodness of people.
Skill Points:4+Int Mod per level
Class Skills:Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Knowledge(Local), Knowledge(History), Knowledge(Nobility and Royalty), Knowledge(Nature), Listen, Perform(Dance), Perform(Sing), Spot, Swim, Use magic Device

Class Progression
{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Will|Ref|Class Ability
1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Princess Music, Princess Companion, Fascinate, Summoning Song I, Aura of Innocence, Nonlethal strike
2|+1|+0|+3|+3|Princess Feat, Wild Empathy
3|+2|+1|+3|+3|Princess Aura, Inspire competence
4|+3|+1|+4|+4|Summoning Song II
5|+3|+1|+4|+4|Princess Feat
6|+4|+2|+5|+5|Suggestion
7|+5|+2|+5|+5|Song of Purity
8|+6/+1|+2|+6|+6|Summoning Song III, Inspire courage +2
9|+6/+1|+3|+6|+6|Inspire greatness
10|+7/+2|+3|+7|+7|Princess Feat
11|+8/+3|+3|+7|+7|Lend Talent
12|+9/+4|+4|+8|+8|Summoning Song IV, Song of freedom
13|+9/+4|+4|+8|+8|Sustaining Song
14|+10/+5|+4|+9|+9|Song of Majesty
15|+11/+6/+1|+5|+9|+9|Princess Feat, Inspire courage +3
16|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+10|Summoning Song V, Inspire heroics
17|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+10|Song of War
18|+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+11|Mass Suggestion
19|+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+11|Revealing Song
20|+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+12|Summoning Song VI, Princess Feat, Inspire Courage +4[/table]

Class Features:
Weapon and Armor Proficiency
A Princess is proficient in all Simple weapons. A Princess is not proficient with armor of any type.

Princess Music
Once per day per Princess level, a Princess can use her song or poetics to produce magical effects on those around her (usually including herself, if desired). While these abilities fall under the category of Princess music and the descriptions discuss singing or playing instruments, they can all be activated by reciting poetry, chanting, singing lyrical songs, singing melodies (fa-la-la, and so forth), whistling, playing an instrument, dancing, or playing an instrument in combination with some spoken performance. Each ability requires both a minimum Princess level and a minimum number of ranks in the Perform skill to qualify; if a Princess does not have the required number of ranks in at least one Perform skill, she does not gain the Princess music ability until he acquires the needed ranks. Starting a Princess music effect is a standard action. Some Princess music abilities require concentration, which means the Princess must take a standard action each round to maintain the ability. Even while using Princess music that doesn’t require concentration, a Princess cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion (such as scrolls), or activate magic items by magic word (such as wands). Just as for casting a spell with a verbal component (see Components, page 174), a deaf Princess has a 20% chance to fail when attempting to use Princess music. If he fails, the attempt still counts against her daily limit.
(Difference from normal Bardic Music) If a Princess starts a performance and another ally begins a performance of the same type, their bonuses stack.
Fascinate (Sp): A Princess with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use her music or poetics to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with her. Each creature to be fascinated must be within 90 feet, able to see and hear the Princess, and able to pay attention to her. The Princess must also be able to see the creature. The distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working. For every three levels a Princess attains beyond 1st, she can target one additional creature with a single use of this ability (two at 4th level, three at 7th level, and so on). To use the ability, a Princess makes a Perform check. Her check result is the DC for each affected creature’s Will save against the effect. If a creature’s saving throw succeeds, the Princess cannot attempt to fascinate that creature again for 24 hours. If its saving throw fails, the creature sits quietly and listens to the song, taking no other actions, for as long as the Princess continues to play and concentrate (up to a maximum of 1 round per Princess level). While fascinated, a target takes a –4 penalty on skill checks made as reactions, such as Listen and Spot checks. Any potential threat requires the Princess to make another Perform check and allows the creature a new saving throw against a DC equal to the new Perform check result. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a ranged weapon at the target, automatically breaks the effect. Fascinate is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability.
Inspire Courage (Su): A Princess with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use song or poetics to inspire courage in her allies (including herself ), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to hear the Princess sing. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the Princess sing and for 5 rounds thereafter. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 8th level, and every six Princess levels thereafter, this bonus increases by 1 (+2 at 8th, +3 at 14th, and +4 at 20th). Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability.
Inspire Competence (Su): A Princess of 3rd level or higher with 6 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use her music or poetics to help an ally succeed at a task. The ally must be within 30 feet and able to see and hear the Princess. The Princess must also be able to see the ally. Depending on the task that the ally has at hand, the Princess may use her Princess music to lift the ally’s spirits, to help her or her focus mentally, or in some other way. The ally gets a +2 competence bonus on skill checks with a particular skill as long as he or she continues to hear the Princess’s music. The DM may rule that certain uses of their ability are infeasible—chanting to make a rogue move more quietly, for example, is self-defeating. The effect lasts as long as the Princess concentrates, up to a maximum of 2 minutes. A Princess can’t inspire competence in herself. Inspire competence is a mind-affecting ability.
Suggestion (Sp): A Princess of 6th level or higher with 9 or more ranks in a Perform skill can make a suggestion (as the spell) to a creature that he has already fascinated (see above). Using their ability does not break the Princess’s concentration on the fascinate effect, nor does it allow a second saving throw against the fascinate effect. Making a suggestion doesn’t count against a Princess’s daily limit on Princess music performances. A Will saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 Princess’s level + Princess’s Cha modifier) negates the effect. This ability affects only a single creature (but see mass suggestion, below). Suggestion is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting, language dependent ability.
Inspire Greatness (Su): A Princess of 9th level or higher with 12 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use music or poetics to inspire greatness in herself or a single willing ally within 30 feet, granting her or her extra fighting capability. For every three levels a Princess attains beyond 9th, she can target one additional ally with a single use of this ability
(two at 12th level, three at 15th, four at 18th). To inspire greatness, a Princess must sing and an ally must hear her sing. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the Princess sing and for 5 rounds thereafter. A creature inspired with greatness gains 2 bonus Hit Dice (d10s), the commensurate number of temporary hit points (apply the target’s Constitution modifier, if any, to these bonus Hit Dice), a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, and a +1 competence bonus on Fortitude saves. The bonus Hit Dice count as regular Hit Dice for determining the effect of spells such as sleep. Inspire greatness is a mind-affecting ability.
Song of Freedom (Sp): A Princess of 12th level or higher with 15 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use music or poetics to create an effect equivalent to the break enchantment spell (caster level equals the character’s Princess level). Using this ability requires 1 minute of uninterrupted concentration and music, and it functions on a single target within 30 feet. A Princess can’t use song of freedom on herself.
Inspire Heroics (Su): A Princess of 15th level or higher with 18 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use music or poetics to inspire tremendous heroism in herself or a single willing ally within 30 feet, allowing that creature to fight bravely even against overwhelming odds. For every three Princess levels the character attains beyond 15th, she can inspire heroics in one additional creature. To inspire heroics, a Princess must sing and an ally must hear the Princess sing for a full round. A creature so inspired gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws and a +4 dodge bonus to AC. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the Princess sing and for up to 5 rounds thereafter. Inspire heroics is a mind-affecting ability.
Mass Suggestion (Sp): This ability functions like suggestion, above, except that a Princess of 18th level or higher with 21 or more ranks in a Perform skill can make the suggestion simultaneously to any number of creatures that he has already fascinated (see above). Mass suggestion is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting, language-dependent ability.

Princess Companion
At 1st level, a Princess can choose an Animal Companion. Treat the Princess as a Druid of her class level.

Summoning Song
The Princess may use a daily Princess Music to summon allies to her side. A Princess cannot use Summoning Song and another Princess Music effect at the same time.

Treat this as a Summon Nature's Ally spell of the same level, but without the opportunity to summon Elementals, and with a duration equal to how long she maintains the song. Summoning Song II also adds the ability to summon a Swarm of small mammals, usually mice or birds.

Aura of Innocence
A Princess is a truly innocent being. Even the cruellest of opponents have to struggle to strike true at the Princess, as she reminds any of those present that there is still purity and innocence in the world, even in an adventuring troupe. Starting at first level, she gains a bonus equal to her CHA modifier so long as she is unarmored, as opponents are reluctant to strike at her.

A princess will lose this bonus against any opponent she personally attacks with any damage-dealing ability or item for the remainder of the battle.

A princess does not lose this bonus to AC if immobilized or caught flat-footed.

Nonlethal Strike
A Princess does not take the normal penalty for dealing nonlethal damage to a foe. In fact, it's recommended for them to keep them alive, as killing is simply wrong.

Princess Feats
At 2nd, 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th level, a Princess gains a bonus feat (Or small group of feats) or spell-like ability for her class. This is to reflect the general path of Princess that she undertakes.

Martial Princess
2nd level:Gain Martial Weapon Proficiency, Light Armor Proficiency, and Shields Proficiency (But not Tower Shields), gain Intimidate and Perform(Sword Drill) as a class skill. (Sword Drill can give the normal +2 Synergy bonus to Perform(Dance) and Perform(Sing) if the character has 5 or more ranks in it.)
5th Level:Weapon Focus with a weapon of choice, Medium Armor Proficiency, Can Rage as a Barbarian twice per day.
10th Level:Weapon Specialization with a weapon of choice, Heavy Armor Proficiency
15th Level:[i]Divine Power as a Spell-like ability, 3/day
20th Level:Holy Sword as a Spell-Like ability, 1/day

Charismatic Princess
2nd Level:Skill Focus(Diplomacy)
5th Level:Charm Person as a spell-like ability 3/day, DC 11+CHA bonus.
10th Level:Hold Person as a spell-like ability 3/day, DC 12+CHA bonus
15th Level:Charm Monster as a spell-like ability 3/day, DC 15+CHA bonus.
20th Level:Summon Nature's Ally IX as a spell-like ability, 1/day.

Innocent Princess
2nd Level:Sanctuary as a spell-like ability 3/day, DC 11+CHA bonus.
5th Level:Good Hope as a spell-like ability 3/day.
10th Level:Magic Circle Against Evil as a spell-like ability 3/day.
15th Level:Able to Take 10 on any Diplomacy check.
20th Level:Holy Aura as a spell-like ability 2/day.

Wild Empathy
At 2nd level, a Princess is able to communicate the purity of her spirit to wild animals. The Princess may make a Diplomacy Check and add her Princess level to the check when communicating with a wild animal. This may also be done on a Magical Beast with an intelligence of 1 or 2, but with a -4 penalty on the check.

Princess Aura
Starting at 3rd level, a Princess is able to embolden her allies, bringing out the best in even the most hard-hearted of mercenaries.

Once per day, she is able to give an ally a bonus to AC, Saves, or an attack roll equal to her Charisma modifier for one round. This can be done even when it is not the Princess' turn.

Song of Purity (Su)A 7th-level Princess with
8 or more ranks in Perform can, as an extra Princess music effect,
create a song of discordant notes that hampers evil creatures.
Any evil creature within 30 feet of the Princess must make a
successful Concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) in order to
cast a spell or use a spell-like ability. Song of Purity is a sonic, mind-affecting ability.

Lend Talent
Princesses are known for their ability to burst into song, and have all those around her suddenly join in on the choreography. Once per day as a standard action, the Princess can lend all willing creatures within 30 feet of her a bonus to Perform checks equal to half her Princess Level + Her Charisma bonus. If two or more allies (Including animal companions, mounts, or familiars, but not including animals summoned by Summon Nature's Ally or Summoning Song) cooperate with the Princess on a song after that, they double the effects of any Princess Music effect. (+2 from Inspire Courage becomes +4, etc.) This ability lasts for a number of rounds equal to the Princess' CHA modifier, minus one. (Minimum 1)

Sustaining Song
A Princess of 13th level with 16 or more ranks in Perform can make one use of her Princess Song to sustain her allies-if any of them are currently between -1 and -9 HP, or fall into that range while she sings, they are automatically stabilized and have a Sanctuary effect (DC 11+CHA modifier) on them while they remain below 0 HP.

Song of Majesty
A truly breathtaking experience for all that see it, the Song of Majesty is something that evil simply cannot understand...or withstand.

A 14th-level Princess with 18 or more ranks in Perform can, as an additional Princess music effect, create an effect that duplicates the holy word spell. Nongood creatures within 30 feet of the troubadour are affected as though by the spell. The Princess’s caster level is equal to her class level.

Song of War
After getting this far, even the most naive princess understands that sometimes, a call to arms must be ushered. One must inspire their allies to fight to the greatest of their abilities, even if it means harming others.

As an additional Princess Music effect, a 17th level Princess with 20 or more ranks in Perform can affect all willing allies with a Rage identical to a normal Barbarian's Rage. It lasts for as long as she maintains the song, but allies can willingly stop the rage at any time. At the end of the Rage, an ally is fatigued.

Revealing Song
A Princess is a gift, a treasure, a masterpiece. But a Princess also has a disturbing ability to see through plots, lies, and disguises, right when they'd matter most...

A 19th level Princess with 22 or more ranks in Perform can affect all willing allies with True Sight. This effect lasts as long as the Princess maintains the song.

Ex-Princess:A Princess that loses her Good alignment loses access to all class abilities with the exception of Princess Music, Lend Talent, and Princess Companion. (Though they typically drive off their old companion and find a new one more reflective of their altered personality.) Typically a Princess that is no longer Good is wrecked by this, becoming a shadow of what she once was-and often turning to the dark arts of sorcery.

Notes:
This class hasn't been balanced out at all, really. I just picked a bunch of stuff that looked fitting, threw it together, and made sure it wasn't -massively- overpowered. I have a tendency to go in that direction. As it is, it looks like a solid class that I'd put at a tier 4, perhaps a weak Tier 3. The spell-like abilities was to make her a more solid support character, without adding all kinds of craziness to the mix. I like it, but I'll probably wake up tomorrow and go 'What was I thinking? D=' As it is, it's a class that's pretty weak by itself-but with her animal companion, allies, and other boosters, she's able to fill the role of a support character quite well.

EDIT:Gave the Martial Princess a few more things, added Ex-princess status.

PoorHobo
2011-05-18, 12:14 PM
Yeah figured, in the time it takes me to go home and post some notes from txt pad someone comes in and posts a whole class. Dammit GITP, I thought I had cool homebrew ideas then I registered for your forums.

anyways as is

Attributes Wisdom
Saves, good Reflex, Will

natural Diplomat - +2 bonus languages, +X to Diplomacy
Vizier's Deception - Sense motive to determine alignment
Innocent Aura - failed fear save or intimidated, reduced to 0 hitpoints or less, causes morale bonus in allies
Mentor Pact ?
Ploymorph into large or smaller animal
Trap bonus
Charm Effects
I will marry who I choose - +X to charm, dominate and Power word
Maiden of prophecy - ?

A lot of these are defensive. Charm effects have already been mentioned. Mentor pact and Maiden of prophecy is similar to your Whimsical idea. Polymorph comes from the little mermaid and Cinderella an I was thinking more along the lines of changing your subtype, I never fleshed it out.