PDA

View Full Version : Insane Mafia (Game Over)

101jir
2011-05-23, 08:09 AM
Basic Rules

Votes for one'sself are counted
PMing is allowed
Post rate as works for a majority of players
No lynch votes are accepted, a majority results in no lynch
No autolynch (if there is 1 wolf left, not participating, there will be no night kill after the alotted night phase)
Regular and various events
Begins on night phase
No role reveal on death
Recruitment is refusable (New target determined at random without possiblility of PR)
If a PR is selected, unless Charisma, they lose that ability when going to the wolves. That position is not replaced.
Claims are allowed
Notice: All rules are as they appear to civilians. There may be unlisted special instructions or rules that are not actually applied. (PM'ed to necassary characters, if applicable)

[e.g: The scries may in fact be fools. There may be a hidden double vote. There may be no night baner. Any of these examples may or may not actually be the case]

Roles

Boss (Alpha)- Picks team. Scries as villager
Conspiritor- Wolf scrier
Bad guy- normal wolf
Mayor- elected by secret ballot (wolves may not vote) on day 1 (day 1 will also have a lynch as well). Mayor has day bane. Wolves may be elected (don't want to be town if that happens). You may not vote for yourself.
Ret. Soldier- Night baner
Investigator- Scrier
Mr./Mrs. Charisma- can force any player to vote as he/she wants. This player may reveal that they are under the influence of Charisma.
Charisma is the only PR that keeps his PR if recruited by the alpha. Notice: Charisma PM's me who he/she wants to influence. I will send the message. If any player does not vote while under influence of Charisma, I will post the vote immediately before I end the day, listing who was influenced. If the influenced player votes differently than they were supposed to vote, by the end of the day, that player is lynched (in addition to normal lynch).

The Big Secret:
There is one, major secret to the game. Can you guess what it is? (You didn't really think this spoiler would have it did you?:smalltongue:)BTW, PLEASE don't lynch me after the game is over or when you find out:smalltongue: (well, one some people anyway)

No ideal number, but at least 25.

Story:
It used to be a peaceful city. Not really like those big cities, but not exactly your small town either. It used ot be quite peaceful. Then the murders started. Nobody knows how or why, but it must be someone in the town, for motivations unknown. Worse, it looks like there is not just one.

FAQ

1. : If the recruit is refusable and the recruit goes to someone random, then unless someone aceppts the recruit it'd never end? Lol, it'd be funny if the first night never ended because of that: The random person may not refuse.

2. Do the wolves have the option to both kill and recruit each night or is it one or the other? No, only the Alpha picks his team on night 1. After that, there is no recruitment

3. Do the wolves need a special person to be able to recruit and/or kill?
Only the Alpha recruits and on Night 1 only.

4. Is it possible to elect a new mayor after the game has begun? I have been considering the possibility. By default, no. If there is enough support for this idea, however, I might add that. If we do have reelections, one player would have to start with a blue "Reelect" vote, and others would have to vote keep or reelect. Not doing this unless I have a lot of support for the idea. Also, election will be secret (PM'd to me). We will do mayoral revote

EDIT: Also, change in methodology for mayoral revote, just send me a PM that you change your vote and who to. I will announce any change in mayor if it occurs. Keeps it more simple that way.

Player list

1. Ramsus
2. Bladescape
3. GrlumptheElder
4. Gray Mage
5. cd4
6. Khal
7. Tigerfang
8. Lord Loss
9. Lemonus
10. Lex-kat
11. Supagoof
12. Someonenonotyou
13. Dori
14. TheLaughingMan
15. Fleeing Coward
16. Rakkoon
17. Orzel
[Note: We will allow the mayor to be re-elected]

ShadowySilence is the co-narrator, please send your PMs to both of us.

This neighborhood used to be so peaceful. That was until...

Night 1 Begins and should end sometime Wednessday Thursday Friday (Any player may opt for a more specific time)

Gray Mage
2011-05-24, 08:20 PM
What do you mean with opt for?

Lex-Kat
2011-05-24, 08:24 PM
Lex flies around all crazy like. To those who don't believe in pixies, she's just a crazy lightning bug flittering here and there. But those who believe, see her for what she is.

She lands on someone's shoulder and begins shivering. Her eyes wide with fear. She looks at the person who's shoulder she's on, and she freezes, just staring at them.

And then begins to scream. It's a piercing scream that may make some people's ears bleed. And then she's off again, flying like a crazed pixie that doesn't know where to go.

((I think he means that if we ask, he will be more specific.))

Ramsus
2011-05-24, 09:11 PM
Well...I'm gonna opt for Wednesday. Cuz actual days are usually better to have things on.

*claps his hands........ around the pixie* I'm out of pixie dust. More please! *shakes*

GrlumpTheElder
2011-05-25, 05:17 AM
Um, but today is Wednesday...

101jir
2011-05-25, 08:30 AM
Due to the fact that I anticipated this to be up Monday when I made it, and most people don't have their actions/votes in, I will extend this to Thursday, if that is acceptable to everyone.

EDIT: or Friday, if anyone prefers. Also, change in methodology for mayoral revote, just send me a PM that you change your vote and who to. I will announce any change in mayor if it occurs. Keeps it more simple that way.

101jir
2011-05-26, 08:48 AM
I shall now send notices to anyone who has not yet used his/her night action/vote/both. I will delay the night phase to Friday, but no longer.:smallsmile:

Supagoof
2011-05-26, 12:05 PM
And remember, a vote for Supagoof is a vote for Awesome.

Don't Goof. Vote Goof.

Begins traveling around promoting himself for Mayor. You know, Taking Hands, Shaking Babies, and Kissing Pictures.

Lex-Kat
2011-05-26, 06:41 PM
Growls at Ramsus and tries biting his hands. Rawr!!!

Ramsus
2011-05-26, 07:34 PM
Ow! *lets go* Does this mean I don't get your vote?

Lex-Kat
2011-05-26, 07:44 PM
Latches onto thumb and begins gnawing on it.

((If only I was playing a sane pixie in this game. I'd be wondering what you expected, after you "asked" so nicely. :smallamused:))

Ramsus
2011-05-26, 07:54 PM
Gah! Anyone have a flyswatter?

Fleeing Coward
2011-05-26, 08:02 PM
I'm of the opinion we should vote for no mayor and just lynch anyone who tries to get the role since it benefits the wolves the most which means that the wolves are probably going to put the most effort into trying to get the role.

101jir
2011-05-27, 03:38 PM
Night ends. Narration in a few minutes. Day will end Tuesday, unless all votes are in and a player opts for an earlier end. Players may also opt for a more specific time, if preferred.

...John Raush, MD, better known as JR [101jir], and his nurses Shadow Silence and Blade Scape died last night of a heart attack. This wouldn't be suspicious if it weren't for the fact that their time of death was within 1 hour of each other. Highly suspicious circumstances if you ask...

Summary

Bladescape was killed [there is no role reveal]
101jir was killed. He is the narrator.
ShadowySilence was killed. He is the co-narrator.

Day Begins!

Event! PR votes (excluding regular wolves) are not counted today only! (PRs may still vote, but their votes will not be recorded)

Ramsus
2011-05-27, 04:05 PM
Hmmm. Who to vote for? Definitely got to vote for Someonenonotyou (unless you're Someonenonotyou).

bladescape
2011-05-27, 08:37 PM
*The corpse stiffens.* Wait, what? I .... Damn......
*Corpse dies permenantly.*

Gray Mage
2011-05-27, 08:49 PM
Ramsus for the random.

Fleeing Coward
2011-05-27, 09:23 PM
I'll go with Ramsus for trying to get mayoral votes.

someonenonotyou
2011-05-27, 10:09 PM
Ramsus for well revenge is better than just random

Khal
2011-05-27, 11:09 PM
Supagoof, to start an alternate bandwagon at a possible mayor.

Lex-Kat
2011-05-27, 11:45 PM
Fleeing Coward is always evil.

Ramsus
2011-05-28, 12:01 AM
Fleeing Coward because if that was your criteria Supagoof would have been a more logical target.

rakkoon
2011-05-28, 01:18 AM
Fleeing Coward because I'm not a wolf for once and the chances of neither of us being a wolf are astronomical :smallwink:

Ramsus
2011-05-28, 01:39 AM
Looking at the player list most of the people on it are people I consider "highly likely to be a wolf" as default.

cd4
2011-05-28, 05:10 AM
I think I will vote for Ramsus

GrlumpTheElder
2011-05-28, 05:35 AM
Fleeing Coward to even the wagons.

As I said in WW central, I am away without access to Giantitp until Tuesday 31st Jun...

Lord Loss
2011-05-28, 06:54 AM
Rasmus for mayor! Or something...

101jir
2011-05-28, 11:44 AM
Rasmus for mayor! Or something...

Just to clarify (although chances are you already know this, I don't want to take any chances of misunderstanding), this is a lynch vote, not mayoral vote. I think that was just a joke, but JIC.

TigerFang
2011-05-28, 03:00 PM
So many Fleeing Cowards in this city. Maybe we should get rid of them.

TheLaughingMan
2011-05-28, 04:28 PM
I'll go with Fleeing Coward, as chickens are not to be trusted.

Fleeing Coward
2011-05-28, 06:53 PM
So I'm getting lynched because of my reputation again I see. Even though I actually provided a reason for why Ramsus is the logical choice here.
The mayor role can only help the wolves so it'll naturaly be wolves who'd make the hardest attempt at trying to get it.
There's two people I know of who tried to obtain it - Ramsus and Supagoof. I chose Ramsus because Supagoof actually asked in thread so doesn't fit my profile of what I expect a wolf to do (try to gather votes in secret) and I also don't believe Supagoof's the sort of player who'd advocate the killing of new player on day 1.

Ramsus
2011-05-28, 06:59 PM
You know...you keep saying I tried to obtain it. But a single joke to Lex doesn't really count. Also I figure by then most people had already sent in their votes. I know I had long before that point.

As for being lynched for your reputation....look at the players we have in this one. I think most of these people have been lynched for their reputation If not point me to the one who hasn't (who isn't a new face) and I'd happily go for them (well if you weren't trying to get me lynched day 1 that is).

Fleeing Coward
2011-05-28, 07:43 PM
You claim it's a "single joke vote" but I don't see it that way. The mayoral role can only hurt the town as far as I'm concerned since it provides little benefit if a citizen gets it but can significantly unbalance the game if a wolf obtains it and isn't found out.

I'm pretty sure most of the players this game have not been lynched purely because of who they are even excluding the new players.
They might have gotten lynched because they attracted attention of some sort or because people wanted a bandwagon but half the people voting against me at the moment do so out of habit or use that as an excuse :smalltongue: (Lex Kat pretty much has me as a default choice these days, rakkoon made it obvious that he's voting because he thinks I'm always a wolf and TheLaughingMan doesn't have Eternal Drifter to target this game)
(Just had a look at an outdated spreadsheet that accounts for the first 80 completed games I've played on this forum and I've actually died by the end of day 2 in 25% of those games :smallbiggrin:)

TheLaughingMan
2011-05-28, 10:48 PM
You claim it's a "single joke vote" but I don't see it that way. The mayoral role can only hurt the town as far as I'm concerned since it provides little benefit if a citizen gets it but can significantly unbalance the game if a wolf obtains it and isn't found out.

Agreed. We should nuke the city, just to be safe. :smalltongue:

Lord Loss
2011-05-29, 03:57 PM
Just to clarify (although chances are you already know this, I don't want to take any chances of misunderstanding), this is a lynch vote, not mayoral vote. I think that was just a joke, but JIC.

I am indeed attempting to lynch Rasmus.

Ramsus
2011-05-29, 04:53 PM
Who? Well whatever. As long as it isn't me.

101jir
2011-05-29, 08:21 PM

Please don't vote in red twice. It can get confusing.:smallsmile:

rakkoon
2011-05-31, 06:48 AM
Howdy partner, mighty long day we're havin' in this here town :smallwink:

101jir
2011-05-31, 07:00 AM
Howdy partner, mighty long day we're havin' in this here town :smallwink:

Days are always long when its serious. Day should end evening today sometime.

rakkoon
2011-05-31, 09:30 AM
Well thankee kindly, mysterious stranger :smallwink:

Supagoof
2011-05-31, 01:26 PM
So I'm getting lynched because of my reputation again I see. Even though I actually provided a reason for why Ramsus is the logical choice here.
The mayor role can only help the wolves so it'll naturaly be wolves who'd make the hardest attempt at trying to get it.
There's two people I know of who tried to obtain it - Ramsus and Supagoof. I chose Ramsus because Supagoof actually asked in thread so doesn't fit my profile of what I expect a wolf to do (try to gather votes in secret) and I also don't believe Supagoof's the sort of player who'd advocate the killing of new player on day 1.Actually Fleeing Coward, you're getting lynched because of your mis-leading.

You claim the mayor role is a huge advantage to the wolves - which it is. What you forgot to mention is that we did throw in the option to have a re-count, or re-vote for the mayor, which is a viable alternative to killing someone. You thirst for blood right out the gate is a bit much for me, especially since it's my blood you are after.

And that the mayor, if not with the wolves, would be a strong force against the wolves. So your want to take a power role that can be controlled by the people out of the game so soon, has me and I'm certain others who pointed at you on edge as well.

But that is a IMO arguement. You say it hurts the citizens, I say it helps. The fact you are so adament that it hurts, well that I'm concerned about. I can agree to your point of view, but do you think it's entirely such a bad thing?

What would really help is if we can find out who the mayor is?

I am not. Despite my clever campaigning, people did indeed goof up and didn't vote for Goof. :smallamused:

I am also not swayed by 25% of the time, you are lynched day 2. To me, each game - done randomly and further influenced by different narrators, roles, & rules = no statistical relevance from history of games from one to the next.

Though if you want to use stats - how about this.

WW games - 1 in 5 people is a wolf. = 20%
FC - 1 in 4 times lynched by day two. = 25%
Which means you getting lynched early and you having a chance of being a wolf are about 5% off of each other, and therefore within acceptable parameters for lynching you early. If we continue this trend, further driving your 25% higher, then I'd say no, but 5% isn't much of a variance to me analysis wise to use it as a defense.

So - ? - Who did end up as mayor. I for one, voted for someonenonotyou. Let's make the vote public, and let our selected mayor do something we need them to do - lead the people.

Of course, what really has me on edge, is just you coming after me. So for all this logic - just stated for what I think it is IMO - my reason for pointing at you is just petty revenge point. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2011-05-31, 03:13 PM
Wouldn't outing the Mayor be a bad idea? :smallconfused: Then the wolves know who to kill.

Ramsus
2011-05-31, 03:26 PM
Can we elect a new Mayor after one dies?

Supagoof
2011-05-31, 03:58 PM
Wouldn't outing the Mayor be a bad idea? :smallconfused: Then the wolves know who to kill.Night baner....

Some will say this will leave the baner from protecting him/herself. I say it'll keep the wolves guessing.

Also - if the mayor is a wolf, why would they attack one of their own?

Still, the claim gives the seer a chance to scry them for verification and a strong proxy to work through if the team can get themselves together. Either way - we'll have an answer tonight on where the mayor's alliance is and a network starting to form for the citizens. Of course, if the mayor doesn't out himself, then we're back to speculation and I'm more inclined to agree with Fleeing Coward even though I think he's not going about it the right way on the day 2 start.

101jir
2011-05-31, 09:34 PM
Can we elect a new Mayor after one dies?

You can, but it will not be announced when the mayor dies, so you have to PM me your changed vote, if you think the person that was the mayor has been killed. Otherwise, the mayor is just dead. Also, I should have mentioned this earlier, but if a new mayor is elected by enough people PMing me to change votes, I will announce that the role has changed hands, but not from or to whom.

Also, Day Ends, narration to follow soon.

101jir
2011-05-31, 09:51 PM
...Ram Sus and Lee Coward. These strange circumstances caused the "important" people of the town to be quite busy. Although many did know their viewpoints, they were too busy to do anything about it. Lee Coward's past, as well as concern about the mayor, made him appear suspicious in the eyes of his fellow town's folk. Ram Sus, however, also came under suspicion due to his campaigning, according to Lee. Fortunately for Lee, the mobs would have been much larger against him if certain powerful people in the town weren't so busy. This evened the mobs. Unfortunately for Ram Sus, the mob against him managed to overpower his supporters, and stoned him to death.

Summary:
On a normal day, FC would have been lynched. However, PR votes are not counted, and thus the vote is tied. I shall recount, and if the votes are, in fact, equal, I shall randomly determine whether 1 of them, both of them, or neither of them are lynched.

By random determination Ramsus has been lynched. Fleeing Coward is safe, although I am still awaiting confirmation of the recount.Recount confirmed, it is a tie!

Night Begins!

Fleeing Coward
2011-06-01, 04:58 AM
No role reveals at all... would the big secret just happen to be there's not actually been any mafia in this game? :smalltongue:

rakkoon
2011-06-01, 06:32 AM
or it's a recruitment game

*watches for sergeants with contracts*

cd4
2011-06-01, 03:19 PM
There is a killer somewhere, they were active night 0 but who I don't know.

Fleeing Coward
2011-06-01, 06:52 PM
Well, I'm guessing bladescape faking his death or 101jir randomly determining who dies.

bladescape
2011-06-01, 06:56 PM
Well, I'm guessing bladescape faking his death or 101jir randomly determining who dies.

*The corpse looks indignant.*

Fleeing Coward
2011-06-01, 07:07 PM
*The corpse looks indignant.*

See, clearly a zombie...

101jir
2011-06-02, 11:57 PM
Night Ends, narration to follow

It was late at night. Under normal circumstances, not a soul would be awake. In this case, however, the dire circumstances caused the opposite to be true, not a soul could sleep tonight. At around 2:30AM, a loud shriek could be heard from the residence of Collin Darwin IV, better known as CD4. The streets quickly flooded with townsfolk breaking into the house, to see CD4 at the bottom of the stairs, his neck snapped. Lord Loss thought, if just for a moment, that he was able to hear an evil laugh immenating from somewhere.

CD4 is dead

101jir
2011-06-03, 12:07 AM
Day begins and ends in approx. 48 hours, unless an extention is requested.

Event today only: Mafia votes will not be counted.

Fleeing Coward
2011-06-03, 12:38 AM
I suggest we vote 101jir/ShadowySilence/no lynch.
I believe that there is no mafia this game and the night kills are simply determined alphabetically.

Supagoof
2011-06-03, 01:42 AM
I think that Supagoof is a member of the mafia.

Wait, no, that's not what I really think. I really think that Supagoof is a mafioso.

Hmmm.
Bladescape
GrlumptheElder
Gray Mage
Khal
Tigerfang
Lord Loss
Lemonus
Lex-kat
Supagoof
Someonenonotyou
Dori
TheLaughingMan
Fleeing Coward
Rakkoon
Orzel

Hmmmm, something fishy going on here. Must be that Supagoof has something to do with it.

Gray Mage
2011-06-03, 07:58 AM
I suggest we vote 101jir/ShadowySilence/no lynch.
I believe that there is no mafia this game and the night kills are simply determined alphabetically.

Why? If there isn't a mafia then there'd be no way of us losing, since the last person standing would be good, unless 101 would way for the night to kill him, but that'd be a jerk move. Unless you're saying that we should no lynch so that the game would end, in a sort of hidden condition? Because that sounds silly. Fleeing Coward

Fleeing Coward
2011-06-03, 08:28 AM
Why? If there isn't a mafia then there'd be no way of us losing, since the last person standing would be good, unless 101 would way for the night to kill him, but that'd be a jerk move. Unless you're saying that we should no lynch so that the game would end, in a sort of hidden condition? Because that sounds silly. Fleeing Coward

If it is in fact the case that there was no mafia at all, then the win condition would have to be that a majority of the town votes no-lynch. Of course, it does beg the question as to how the night kill occured.

This is a PM that I received from 101jir and the reason for my vote and the expansion of my theory on how night kills are determined. In fact, I not only believe that there's no mafia but that the "big secret" is that everyone in this game started as a "villager" :smalltongue:

Gray Mage
2011-06-03, 08:58 AM
This is a PM that I received from 101jir and the reason for my vote and the expansion of my theory on how night kills are determined. In fact, I not only believe that there's no mafia but that the "big secret" is that everyone in this game started as a "villager" :smalltongue:

That's nice, but, of course, possible of being a fake. Well, it's not like there's a time limit on the no-lynch condition, right?

Edit: One more thing, if possible I'd like to ask supagoof to strike his point. It sounded like he was being controlled by Mr./Mrs. Charisma, in which case if he doesn't point it'd be clear that there isn't only villagers in this game.

Fleeing Coward
2011-06-03, 09:08 AM
While there probably isn't a time limit, there is always the possibility that instead of a mafia, there's a cult with the sole aim of preventing no lynches from ever happening.

Look at it this way, if I'm right, we win today. If I'm wrong we don't lose much since if there is mafia in this game, chances of hitting a villager is higher than hitting mafia at this point and lynches don't tell us much anyways since no roles are revealed.

Orzel
2011-06-03, 11:03 AM
Giant Ear of Corn

Because I'm hungry.

Lex-Kat
2011-06-03, 07:23 PM
I vote.... Oh heck, I'll give this No Lynch thing a try. 101jir may be crazy enough to try another Fun House.

Lord Loss
2011-06-04, 10:30 AM
Fleeing Coward

TigerFang
2011-06-04, 10:55 AM
I also vote no-lynch.

TheLaughingMan
2011-06-04, 11:43 AM
Yeah, soul brothers. Peace and love will win every time.

No lynch.

Khal
2011-06-04, 12:07 PM
No Lynch.

Seems like a decent idea.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-06-04, 06:19 PM
Why does everyone want a no-lynch?

Lex-Kat
2011-06-04, 07:55 PM
To test a theory.

rakkoon
2011-06-05, 02:22 AM
No Lynch today, FC tomorrow :smallwink:

Lord Loss
2011-06-05, 06:48 AM
No Lynch. We might as well try it.

101jir
2011-06-05, 02:50 PM
Day ends, narration to follow.

101jir
2011-06-05, 04:21 PM
Day 13:
Lee Coward wakes up in the middle of a mental instituation. "Where am I?" he asks the nearby doctor. "You have been infected with an unfamiliar virus. The virus was getting bad, and it must have damaged your memory, what is the last thing you remember?" After Lee told the doctor what happened, the doctor explained how he must have called in the state police, who in turn called numerous other authorities, and managed to get all the town's people to safer facilities. An inspection of the food supply revealed that there was a virus contaminant, and a test of this virus on mice revealed that the mice became paranoid, aggressive, delusional, and eventually died. It is believed to be the case that JR, Mr. Silence, and Mr. Scape died after consuming an unusually and dangerously high amount of bread during a feast to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the town's medical establsihment. The virus must have attacked the heart first, and caused what appeared to be a heart attack. Collin Darwin was likely gaurding his house on the top of his stairs, when the virus could easily have caused him to become light headed, and also explains the laughter that Lord Loss had heard. No one is expected to be tried for the murder of Ram Sus, due to temporary insanity [the reason for the name]. Lee Coward is now an honored hero, as a testament to the power of human will in the face of serious mitigating circumstances.

Results:
Fleeing Coward: Heroic win
Lemonus: Survived
Dori: Survived
Someonenonotyou: Survived
Orzel: Win
TigerFang: Win
Rakkoon: Win
Lex-kat: Win
GrlumpTheElder: Win
Khal: Win
Thelaughingman: Win
Lord Loss: Win
Gray Mage: Survived.
Bladescape: Died Night 1
Ramsus: Died Day 1
Cd4: Died Night 2

Notes:
Heroic Win: Awarded to the first person to suggest in-forum that there is no mafia or [inclusive] the first person to vote no-lynch in the game (in either case, must survive to end). First person to suggest in-forum that there is no mafia is PM'd win condition.

Win: Must vote No-lynch on successful no-lynch day.

Survived: Must survive until last day.

Summary:
It wasn't until Lex-kat mentioned Funhouse that I realized this has already bee done. I sincerely apologize if this in any way damaged the quality of this game. I was directed to Funhouse earlier, but I only read the OP, not the summary, (I will remember that next time). I hope you all enjoyed yourselves, but of course, a few questions first:

1. Was the introduction of Mr./Mrs. Charisma an enjoyable role to add?

2. Would any of you like to play another game that involves Charisma?

3. Did you like having events every day (for about 2 days:smalltongue:)

4. What could we have improved?

5. What did we do well?

6. Were my disclaimers suffice?

7. Preview of my next intended mafia game (opinions?):

Fudge system (http://sonic.net/~rknop/php/Omar/fudge/srd.php/srd.html)-mafia
Unfortunately, the nature of this game makes it really difficult to add an RP to the game. Players have 3 spendable points for 5 attributes (Some I have not yet determined): Influence, Combat, Attribute manipulation, PR support/void?, ???.
Check the Fudge system for more information of how the basic Fudge system works. Here are the explantions for attributes:

Influence: Influence determines how many votes a player gets every day. results are as follows:
Superb or above: 3 votes
Good or great: 2 votes
Mediocre or fair: 1 votes
Bad or lower: Lose your vote.
Players are not informed of how many votes they get

Combat: Instead of voting for one player, the top 2 players with the most votes are forced to duel. The player with the higher combat score wins the duel, making it very difficult to lynch certain players.

Attribute manipulation: The moves included with this attribute are:
1. Transfer points: During the day phase, a player may request to subtract off a certain number of points from one attribute (other than this one) and give those points to another player to spend. If successful, the player who recieved the points may choose to spend those points on any attribute other than this one. Those points will go into effect the next day phase. It is announced that night phase that a transfer is being attempted, but not who from or to. No score can ever go above superb.

2. Attribute attack: A player may choose to attack any attribute of any opponent, but cannot attack the same opponent twice. Both roll this attribute, and for every point the attack is higher than the defense, that many attributes are lost.

3. Block transfer: If a player believes that he/she can identify the source of the transfer, he/she may attempt to block that transfer. The blocker wins a tie. If this is the case, the points are NOT refunded. And the intended player will not recieve the points, nor will he/she be informed that he/she was the intended target. However, it will be announced at the end of the night phase whether or not every announced transfer was or was not successful.

PR void/support: A player may send in the name of any player he/she wishes to support or void. If that player does not have a PR, nothing happens. If that player is a PR, and a void attempt was made, the highest scoring void attempt is checked against the highest score of that player's support roll and all supporters. Players will not be informed until the day phase that they were voided, or that a void attempt was made on him/her.

I need another attribute, but what?:smallconfused:.

Role list (BTW, there were 2 investigators. Both were fools):

Player |Role |Scried role |Mayor votes
Supagoof| Civilian |Civilian |3
Lemonus |Civilian |Mayor| 0
Dori| Civilian| Charisma|0
Someonenonotyou| Retired Soldier| Civilian| 1
Orzel| Civilian| Badguy| 1
cd4| Civilian| Civilian|0
Tigerfang| Investigator| Ret. Soldier| 0
Rakkoon |Civilian| Civilian|0
Lex-kat |Mayor| Civilian| 4
GrlumptheElder| Mr. Charisma| Boss |0
Khal| Civilian| Civilian|0
Thelaughingman| Civilian| Civilian|0
Lordloss| Civilian| Badguy| 2
Ramsus| Civilian| Civilian| 2
Bladescape| Investigator| Investigator|0
Fleeing Coward| Civilian| Civilian|0
Gray Mage| Civilian| Conspiritor|0

Final notes: Yes, Night "Kills" were random (and no, not in alphabetical order, although it was interesting it turned out that way.)I hope you enjoyed this (rather short) game:smallsmile:!

ShadowySilence
2011-06-05, 04:42 PM
That was fun! :smallbiggrin:

I wish I could have been more help as a Co-GM though, I am glad to say though that I am definitely interested in playing the next game of this I find!

GrlumpTheElder
2011-06-05, 04:46 PM
Was the introduction of Mr./Mrs. Charisma an enjoyable role to add?
I enjoyed the role, it was a good chance to do something different, would have liked a little more time time to do more.

Would any of you like to play another game that involves Charisma?
Yes

Did you like having events every day (for about 2 days)
Added Variety

What could we have improved?
Personally thought that a mafia would have made the game more substantial, little bit dissapointed that that was the big suprise. As a result it was cut short - possibly one of the shortest complete WW games in the history of these boards...

What did we do well?
Um, the game was enjoyable, up to the point it eneded. It ended too soon.

Were my disclaimers suffice?
They were sufficient - didn't give anything away...

Ramsus
2011-06-05, 05:12 PM
I think so yes.
Yup.
3. Did you like having events every day (for about 2 days)
Makes it interesting.
Well I think telling someone the game's secret win condition, even if they correctly guess it, is a big mistake.
Also I'm just generally annoyed that FC got a special victory and the narration ends with him practically being applauded and getting away with murdering me. Then again, I might not care if he'd provided an actual good reason to do so and people didn't blindly follow him in doing so in two games at the exact same time so I'm probably rather biased.
5. What did we do well?
Having a very short game? Unjustly murdering me? :smallyuk:
Well I thought the events and roles were all pretty interesting.
6. Were my disclaimers sufficient?
Yeah.

TheLaughingMan
2011-06-05, 08:22 PM
I love how Lex ended up being mayor without even having a campaign.

1. Was the introduction of Mr./Mrs. Charisma an enjoyable role to add

Seems like it would have been fun.

2. Would any of you like to play another game that involves Charisma

Of course.

...There were events? :smallredface: I should pay more attention to the rules next time.

I'll echo Ramsus' sentiments, but perhaps not as harshly.

5. What did we do well?

Pretty much everything but the above.

6. Did my disclaimers suffice?

Yeah.

Sign me up. :smallbiggrin:

rakkoon
2011-06-06, 03:43 AM
Yay we won, shortest game ever?

Lex-Kat
2011-06-06, 03:51 AM
Probably. Game was too short to tell.
Sure.
It's a good idea.
I'll agree with Ramsus, "Well I think telling someone the game's secret win condition, even if they correctly guess it, is a big mistake." But, I disagree with him about Fleeing Coward. For figuring it out, he deserves the Special Victory. Congrats FC. :smallsmile:
5. What did we do well?
Everything but the above. Due to Fun House, I think this sort of game won't work too often. Not unless you get rid of all the players who participated in that game.

The difference between this and Fun House was that there was a Night Kill. Which is where you went wrong. Though you say it was random, and I'm not disputing that, the fact that it was alphabetical led to Fleeing Coward's suspicion. I don't think even FC would have figured it so quickly otherwise.
What disclaimers? :smallconfused:
Might be interesting. But on first glance, it looks to be overly complicated for my tastes. Sorry.

Gray Mage
2011-06-06, 08:32 AM
Hard to tell, with there being only two days and all.
I think I'd, if only to really be able to see how it works out.
I'm with TLM, I didn't even notice the events, sorry.
I also agree with Ramsus, if it's a secret it should have remained a secret until the game ends, no matter if someone guesses, but if you hadn't told FC that a no-lynch were needed I don't think we'd figure that out. Also, the surprize was a big let down since I expected something a bit bigger, it made the game too short and ended so suddenly that it felt a bit cheap to me. >.>
5. What did we do well?
The basic premise was good, but since half of it (the mafia) was non-existent in the game....
You mean the "don't lynch you" ones? *Grabs torch and pitchfork* No. :smalltongue:
I didn't take a look in the fudge rules yet, but I think it's doable.

bladescape
2011-06-06, 08:42 AM
I don't really know

I'd be fine with it.

It was interesting, pity I didn't participate.

How about not killing me night one?
Apart from that, revealing the win condition I'm joining the bandwagon against.

5. What did we do well?
An interesting idea at least...

*Grabs Stake* I have this funny feeling they weren't.

A bit complicated for me, looks alright though.

Supagoof
2011-06-06, 02:55 PM
Day 13:
Results:
Fleeing Coward: Heroic win
Lemonus: Survived
Dori: Survived
Someonenonotyou: Survived
Orzel: Win
TigerFang: Win
Rakkoon: Win
Lex-kat: Win
GrlumpTheElder: Win
Khal: Win
Thelaughingman: Win
Lord Loss: Win
Gray Mage: Survived.
Bladescape: Died Night 1
Ramsus: Died Day 1
Cd4: Died Night 2

Um - what about me? Or do I get something special because I was forced out of the win?

I don't know - was fun trying to figure out how to point at myself without saying I was directly under the influence of Charisma - but it did mean I couldn't mention anything about no mafia. I'm still curious as to whether or not I survived the day....

Could be fun - but a lot of interpitation goes on with it - so would be tricky to fully incorporate well into the games.

Yes

4. What could we have improved?Game could have had mafia....:smalltongue:

5. What did we do well?I liked the narrations - what few we had were nice.

6. Were my disclaimers suffice?Unknown. Obvious signs point to yes.

7. Preview of my next intended mafia game (opinions?):I'll see what I can come up with for the missing attribute - but I'm liking the initial framework.

101jir
2011-06-06, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=Supagoof;11151290]Um - what about me? Or do I get something special because I was forced out of the win?

That was a really tough one. I suppose I could promote you to a win, it was just one of those areas of the rules that you don't think about until you get there.