PDA

View Full Version : Kuma Kode's Art Attempts

Kuma Kode
2011-05-26, 11:06 PM
Yay aliteration.

Anyways, I'm trying to get back into drawing because I've been toying around somewhat with the idea of having a webcomic, but I wanted to get some feedback and see if my art is at all good enough, and get some critique so I can get better. I noticed some other threads of people's art, and I decided I might jump on the bandwagon (with much apprehension).

So far, all I have are character pictures. It's probably going to be zombie horror, hence the improvised weaponry.

Trent Gordon
http://i.imgur.com/GHNpS.png

His hand is funky, and the chest shirt wrinkles are wrong.

Elizabeth Reynolds
http://i.imgur.com/EdZqQ.png

Boobs are hard.

I'm kinda likin' the cell shading.

Domochevsky
2011-05-27, 08:49 AM
Hm, not bad overall, even though the linework is somewhat shakey. You should be able to do something with it, depending on the type of webcomic and update format. :smallsmile:

Trazoi
2011-05-27, 07:34 PM
I agree that the cell shading is nice.

I don't have very high standards for webcomic art. My minimum for a webcomic is that it to:
Be clear enough for me to tell what's going on, and:
Not make my eyeballs bleed.

Your character art clearly meets those criteria, so you're fine. :smallsmile:

Kuma Kode
2011-05-29, 10:02 PM
Hm, not bad overall, even though the linework is somewhat shakey. You should be able to do something with it, depending on the type of webcomic and update format. :smallsmile:

What exactly do you mean by shakey lineart? The bad creasework?

araveugnitsuga
2011-05-29, 10:13 PM
Heads seem a bit small, but my perception may be skewered by manga and OoTS.

Teutonic Knight
2011-05-29, 10:15 PM
I think that golf club should be a bit longer. Right now it looks just like a normal club.

Domochevsky
2011-05-29, 10:36 PM
What exactly do you mean by shakey lineart? The bad creasework?

How to explain... the lines aren't as straight and/or full/smooth as i'd like them to be. They have corners here and there along them. (Or maybe it's just pixels sticking out.)

Kuma Kode
2011-05-29, 11:18 PM
Heads seem a bit small, but my perception may be skewered by manga and OoTS.

Naw, I'm pretty sure I got the dimensions for the head down. I've still got to finaggle character proportions a bit, so I'll keep that in mind.

I think that golf club should be a bit longer. Right now it looks just like a normal club.

Ayup. Noticed that when I finished.

How to explain... the lines aren't as straight and/or full/smooth as i'd like them to be. They have corners here and there along them. (Or maybe it's just pixels sticking out.)

Oh, okay, like, literally shaky. Got it. I'll work on keeping my hand a bit more steady. For the webcomic, I may actually use paths for the inking to give it the smooth look seen in many other comics (that's typically what they do).