PDA

View Full Version : PEACH these three different armor related things(3.5)

Seharvepernfan
2011-05-29, 07:02 AM
1. slight changes to standard armor:

Chainmail is now treated as PHB breastplate
Breastplate is now +6 armor, +2 max dex, -5 acp, 30% spell failure
All heavier armors have an additional +1 armor class and cost 100gp more, except banded mail which costs 150gp more.

I just like this better, and now Elven chain has a reason to exist.

2. Chitin plate: as normal plate (breastplate, half-plate, full-plate) with mithril applied, -2 armor, 1/2 normal plate cost. Can be used by druids.

So, for example, a chitin breastplate (using the above changes to breastplate) would be +4 armor, +4 max dex, -1 acp, 20% spell failure, 100gp.

3. Dwarven Plate Armor (MW only): as normal plate, +1 armor, -1 max dex, -2 acp, +10% spell failure, +20% weight (what should this cost?)

So, for example, a suit of dwarven full-plate (using the above changes to full plate) would be +10 armor, +0 max dex, -7 acp, 45% spell failure, 60lbs.

Seharvepernfan
2011-05-29, 06:41 PM
going once...

Solaris
2011-05-29, 07:34 PM
Generally, if there's no posts after a day, it's because nobody has anything to say on the subject. As someone who's worn armor before (though not exactly similar to anything except the breastplate), I gotta say that I think you cut the breastplate's max Dex down a bit too much. It just covers your torso, it doesn't hinder you any besides the weight.

I'd say dwarven plate increases the costs of the armor by about +25% on top of the MW price increase.