PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Arcane Evaluator[Please let me know if its any good]

Cipher Stars
2011-05-29, 02:47 PM
http://wiki.erepublik.com/images/thumb/2/2e/Star.png/40px-Star.png
Top 5

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/Kokoro_13/CLERIC.jpg
^Image: an arcane evaluator seeing the world through the eyes of the Matrix. (though a lot is missing in the image)

The Arcane Evaluator
"I see what you did there..."
Arcane Evaluators are rare, but welcome additions to any group of adventurers delving into the unknown. They are the finders of secrets, often keepers of many more. Theirs is the power kept guarded by the Reapers themselves to see and judge.
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+0|
Evaluate, Modify, Matrix

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+0|
-

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+1|
Conversion

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+1|
Reallocate

5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+1|
Evaluate, Modify

6th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+2|
-

7th|
+5|
+2|
+2|
+2|
Conversion

8th|
+6/1|
+2|
+2|
+2|
-

9th|
+6/1|
+3|
+3|
+3|
Reallocate

10th|
+7/2|
+3|
+3|
+3|
Evaluate, Modify, Arithmetics

11th|
+8/3|
+3|
+3|
+3|
-

12th|
+9/4|
+4|
+4|
+4|
Conversion

13th|
+9/4|
+4|
+4|
+4|
-

14th|
+10/5|
+4|
+4|
+4|
Reallocate

15th|
+11/6/1|
+5|
+5|
+5|
Evaluate, Modify

16th|
+12/7/2|
+5|
+5|
+5|
-

17th|
+12/7/2|
+5|
+5|
+5|
Conversion

18th|
+13/8/3|
+6|
+6|
+6|
-

19th|
+14/9/4|
+6|
+6|
+6|
Reallocate

20th|
+15/10/5|
+6|
+6|
+6|
Evaluate, Modify, Reincarnate[/table]

Hit Die:
D6

Skill Points:
4+int mod (x4 at first level)

Class Skills:
Autohypnosis, Appraise, Balance, Concentration, Diplomacy, Craft (any), Disable Device, Forgery, Gather Information, Heal, Knowledge (any), Listen, Psicraft, Spot, Search, Sense Motive, Speak Language, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device, Use Psionic Device.

Special:
Arcane Evaluators are considered Psionic creatures with 1 power point and can obtain psionic feats.

Class Features:

Weapons Proficiency:
The Arcane Evaluator is proficient with any weapon he can study for a period of one week. They are not proficient with any armor or shields however, as it disrupts they're abilities- they need to feel the flow of the universe around them, its gentle whispers are incapable of reaching the Evaluator when armored.

Evaluation Points:
The Arcane Evaluator gains a pool of “evaluation points” with which to use her class features.
Evaluation points are equal to Intelligence modifier +10 x Evaluator level. (+5 int at level 10 would be 150 points)
They are recovered with every eight hour rest.

Evaluate:
The arcane evaluator gets their name from this ability. The Arcane Evaluator sees things in statistics, numbers, calculations and estimates. To do so costs 1 evaluation point per level you use it as. If you instead look for 1 specific stat (as long as you would normally see the stat) it instead costs /2 the amount round up and you gain a bonus of +1 for each spent point on that use of Evaluate.
To do so, they make an Appraisal check (Appraisal Ranks + ability mod + Misc bonuses +1d20 as normal) against the targets Will save (Will save +1d20 as normal).
Seen Statistics:

lv1: HP,AC,Ongoing effects, Class, Race, Age, Height, Weight, Gender
lv5: Str, Dex, Con, speed, BAB, Sexual Orientation, Alignment, Deity, Name
lv10: Fort, Ref, Int, Wis, Cha, Parentage, Siblings,
lv15: Will, Skills, Resistances, Life span(estimate how long they have left to live if no outside effects interfere such as assassination)
lv20: Weaknesses, Immunities, Level, Genealogy. Now usable At Will.

Modify:
The Arcane Evaluator can reach into his own statistics to alter one trait, granting +1 (Total score, not level up. so +1 to a 5 bab would not make it +6/1 just +6 for example) To use Modify you spend 2 evaluation points, as a full round action at level 1, Standard action at level 10, and free action at level 20. This bonus is untyped and sticks to a score until you take it back and put it somewhere else. You can modify any number based stat, and add a new stat with the Modify points, such as a resistance to fire. You only have your Modify points as listed above. this is not a +x you can throw around to what ever, its a pool of points you can throw around wherever. You have 5 points... not you have +5's to throw around.

Conversion:
The arcane evaluator can see the numbers fly as an enemy casts a spell or manifests a power. By using 2 Evaluation points, the Arcane Evaluator can copy a spell or power used on her for later use, each copied spell can be used a number of times equal to her intelligence modifier before they are forever forgotten (unless they are copied again) She can also copy spells from spellbooks. Due to the nature of spellbooks and the unique systems of writing their own personal copies, doing so costs 3 evaluation points and 1 minute per spell level.
At the end of the day the Evaluator forgets all spells/powers copied that day.
at third level, the Evaluator can copy 0-2nd level spells. at seventh, this becomes 0-4th level spells/powers. 12th level is 0-7 and at 17th this becomes 0-9th level spells/powers. Caster level for copied spells is equal to Evaluator level, Copied powers are converted to spell system (level three power taking a level three spell slot)
By spending ten points +1 per spell level, the caster can permanently add a single spell to a spell list to a maximum that mimics the Wizard spells per day (a level 20 could carry four of each spell level) each can be used by spending 1 point per spell level. Spells/powers used in this manner are treated as Powers, in that they don't have components just displays. If you can augment a power, you can still do the same by spending 1 Evaluation point for every two power points to a minimum of 1.
and yes, 0 level spells would be free to use.

Reallocate:
The Arcane Evaluator can manipulate the statistics of an opponent or ally seen with Evaluate but cannot reduce or heighten their total stats more or less then it already was. when doing this, they take a point(s) from one statistic they can see, and add it to another.
To do so expends a number of uses of Evaluate equal to to 1/2 the level of which you use this ability rounded down. using the lv 4 version would cost 2 uses of evaluate for example.
The evaluator makes an appraisal check +1/2 class levels against targets will, as with evaluate. Target need not be living or sentient. so you can Reallocate the hardness on a rock for example.
Any Reallocate change is NOT permanent. but lasts for 1 minute per level or until you dismiss it (Sending points back where they belong)

lv 4: 1 point
lv 9: 2 points, Bonus
lv 14: 4 points
lv 19: 6 points, Bonus

Bonus: at level 9 the evaluator can grant the missing points to a stat on a different character, like an ally for example.
Bonus: at level 19 the evaluator can manipulate statistics that are not based on number, but only minor changes. Such as Hair color. And can Add new features with the free floating points, such as Resistance or Vulnerability to fire.
Optional: change the numbers do die. 2=1d4 and 6-1d12 for example.

Matrix:
The Arcane Evaluator sees the world in numbers. Literally. She gains a form blindsense called the Matrix (Not the movie "matrix" but going off the definition), She can see ethereal, distinguish colors, all that. Though she doesn't actually see. What she sees, Mentally, is a map of lines, numbers, and statistics however, it forms them and your mind automatically generates an image accordingly.
This special "sight" pierces minor illusions with a +1/2 class levels bonus to seeing through illusions, and the sight extends intelligence modifier x10 +10 feet in radius. (A 20 intelligence Evaluator would see 60ft in all directions for example) Feats that would normally extend Blindsense/blindsight can increase Matrix as well. This ability is always active and can be amplified through an overcharge using Class Levels worth of Evaluation points to see all within normal range x100 feet (60ft becomes 6000ft) lasting for intelligence modifier worth of rounds.

Arithmetics:
Manipulating the numbers seen through Matrix, the Evaluator can duplicate the very statistics that make up her being and force them somewhere else to certain effects:
Teleportation: Using 5 Evaluation points, the Evaluator can mimic the effects of any teleportation spell they would normally be able to use by having a level equivalent to the level at which a Psion/Wizard/Cleric would be able to attain the mimicked teleportation spell, as a move action to somewhere she can see with Matrix.
Mirror Image: Using 5 evaluation points, the evaluator can mimic the effects of Mirrior Image.
Blur: 2 Evaluation points.
Displacement: 4 evaluation points.
Blink: 4 evaluation points.
Invisibility: five evaluation points.
Etherealness: ten evaluation points.
Fission: seventeen evaluation points.
To use any Arithmetic ability, you must be of a level that a Sorcerer or Cleric would normally be able to gain that ability as a spell. Such as being level seventeen to use Fission as its a level nine power.

Reincarnate:
Using their own death to their opportunity, They rearrange all their own statistics as they wish, such as dropping Charisma points for further intelligence or removing a vulnerability. Changes can be extreme, such as Race and Class (though they'll be stuck as the new class unless it can switch as well)
You cannot manipulate your statistics to be more then the total. (Take one point from somewhere you have to add it somewhere else)
Restriction: You cannot add more to a stat like BAB more then your Modify score beyond what it would normally max out as. (Such as BAB 20 rather then 15 with a Modify of 5 floating points)
You can effectively prolong your life indefinitely (so long as you are resurrected) by reducing your own age each death.
You can use this ability even if you would normally lose Resurrection as a class feature due to level loss.
You cannot raise your own level through reincarnate, but you can lower it, break it down with various multiclass, Lower it for some level adjusting template (or not if your DM is kewl like that).

PLAYING AN ARCANE EVALUATOR
Combat: Arcane Evaluators are typically kept in the back of the group, or as party leader. Their main objective is usually providing information in battle to keep the party out of the dark, metaphorically.
Advancement: Arcane Evaluators make good rogues or sorcerers if they choose to multiclass (or if your playing gestalt), Or for a more devote team helper, Clerics to go around healing when their not informing.
Resources: Arcane Evaluators might draw upon information from others, guilds, or general information networks to complement their own abilities. You know their Race, their class. But do you know anything else about the race? So what if their a vampire. but... whats a vampire?

ARCANE EVALUATORS IN THE WORLD
Holy f*** man, Did you see that chick in the corner? It was like... she was staring... into my soul man, My soul! ~Timmothy Havox, (now)wanted pedophile on run from law after the local law enforcement received a mysterious letter depicting his past actions.

Daily Life: Most arcane evaluators make a living as informants, law enforcement, or spies for kings and queens. Usually making good money for information even highly trained spies would be hard pressed to discover. Some serve as councilors for kingdoms using their abilities to know if a king is fit to rule, or stand as judge in court.
Notables: Marian Gi Veneri is a famous Arcane Evaluator who use to go by the name of V, She blended in with crowds scanning for vile criminals and reporting them, others include many high councilors and judges.
Organizations: The Reapers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201218). the reapers are a well organized world wide group of Evaluators who are usually Neutral. The Reapers are all some form of everliving life form, from sane vampires or even wights as long as they can think clearly and provide just judgment, to celestial beings as long as they they don't let their own ideals of 'good' interfere with true judgment. Reapers are exclusive to Evaluators. Though not every Evaluator is offered a position. If you are offered a position, they usually make you into a vampire as its usually the easiest. Though the type of ageless being usually depends on who recruits you. To become a Reaper, an existing Reaper must take a liking to you.

NPC Reaction
People often distrust you, No one likes someone who can know more about you then you do. Many people find Evaluators to be creepy. Many of them may seem blind, or walk around obstacles and avoid threats even though their hoods down to their chin! When they see you, its like they're seeing through you. Generally they are thought of in some cultures to be lesser reapers, to travel the world searching for the worthy. Many such superstitions surround the Evaluators.

ARCANE EVALUATORS IN THE GAME
Adaptation: Rather simple. that guy you paid for information on that Lord Butterbottom could have been an Arcane Evaluator, that judge who put your buddy in prison for what he did after hitting the rum to hard at the local tavern last night could have been an Arc Eva, A Character could have been paid to help the party on a quest to a new dungeon that appeared the other day (or is just tagging along for the discovery of new knowledge)

NeoSeraphi
2011-05-29, 04:45 PM
You have a conflicting example. You said that a 20th level Evaluator with 20 Int could use Evaluate 30 times per day, but then at level 20 you said Evaluate was upgraded to being usable at will. For simplicity's sake, I would suggest redoing your example to use a 15th level Evaluator.

Additionally, your Evaluate skill does indeed provide a lot of information, but I don't understand why it shouldn't tell the Evaluator the target's Base Attack Bonus as well. I mean, if the Evaluator can understand how well the target defends itself (AC) at level 1, then surely something like how well it attacks (BAB) could be deduced by level 10 or so, right? Or did you intentionally leave that one out?

Modify is interesting, though you don't say what kind of action it requires to perform. I'm guessing you can only do it once per time that you've gained it through a class feature, since she gains it multiple times, right?

Reallocate is very interesting, though I think you should set a clear definition of what Modify and Reallocate affect (Such as everything on the list of Evaluate, plus BAB, for example)

All in all, like the class and like the art. The balance seems fair, you used a really low chassis in order to make up for Reallocate, I see. At first I was going to comment on the lack of a good capstone, but I see you haven't posted Reincarnate yet, though it sounds interesting and appropriately godlike. I'll be watching to see how this turns out

Cipher Stars
2011-05-29, 05:12 PM
You have a conflicting example. You said that a 20th level Evaluator with 20 Int could use Evaluate 30 times per day, but then at level 20 you said Evaluate was upgraded to being usable at will. For simplicity's sake, I would suggest redoing your example to use a 15th level Evaluator.

Ah. Didn't notice I said that, thanx.

Additionally, your Evaluate skill does indeed provide a lot of information, but I don't understand why it shouldn't tell the Evaluator the target's Base Attack Bonus as well. I mean, if the Evaluator can understand how well the target defends itself (AC) at level 1, then surely something like how well it attacks (BAB) could be deduced by level 10 or so, right? Or did you intentionally leave that one out?

Simple oversight, adding.

Modify is interesting, though you don't say what kind of action it requires to perform. I'm guessing you can only do it once per time that you've gained it through a class feature, since she gains it multiple times, right?

Its a once a gain thing. at level one you'd have a free floating point to anchor somewhere, then again the next Modify. Or would it be better to leave it? Sticking it somewhere for something then detatch it again? so at level 20 you'd have a free +5 (or 5 +1's) at your disposal?

Reallocate is very interesting, though I think you should set a clear definition of what Modify and Reallocate affect (Such as everything on the list of Evaluate, plus BAB, for example)

Didn't I? with reallocate at least.

All in all, like the class and like the art. The balance seems fair, you used a really low chassis in order to make up for Reallocate, I see. At first I was going to comment on the lack of a good capstone, but I see you haven't posted Reincarnate yet, though it sounds interesting and appropriately godlike. I'll be watching to see how this turns out
Ah Reincarnate ! (forgot about it >_> )

I'll add it later! Gotta run again. parties actually starting now.

NeoSeraphi
2011-05-29, 05:21 PM
Ah. Didn't notice I said that, thanx.

Its a once a gain thing. at level one you'd have a free floating point to anchor somewhere, then again the next Modify. Or would it be better to leave it? Sticking it somewhere for something then detatch it again? so at level 20 you'd have a free +5 (or 5 +1's) at your disposal?

Didn't I? with reallocate at least.

Ah Reincarnate ! (forgot about it >_> )

I'll add it later! Gotta run again. parties actually starting now.

You're welcome.

Yes, I think the +5 or 5 +1s would be better, just because this class lacks so much actual offensive capabilities.

Ah, yes, I see it now. You should probably change it from "seen statistics" to "statistics she has seen with the Evaluate class feature".

Heh. No worries. Have fun with your party.

(Also I fail at responding to multiple quotes. Can't you tell?)

Cipher Stars
2011-05-29, 05:53 PM
(Also I fail at responding to multiple quotes. Can't you tell?)

I just go:

[/quote]
text here.
[quote]

Copy it, and paste it where ever I wanna reply to.

Cipher Stars
2011-05-29, 10:57 PM

I could really use comments... :smallannoyed:

EDIT:
pretty decent changes, rereading is recommended.

InfiniteNothing
2011-05-30, 04:38 AM
Why does the Matrix's basic ability need to be activated? Why not have it constantly active? It seems like the sort of thing the Evaluator would be able to see constantly.

The_Admiral
2011-05-30, 05:00 AM
*laughs* Welcome editions sorry I am easily amused

Solaris
2011-05-30, 06:34 AM
*laughs* Welcome editions sorry I am easily amused

What he means to say is that you should probably change the flavor text up there to read "...rare, but welcome additions..."
Sheesh. And they call him Captain Obvious.

This is definitely an interesting class. I hate to say it, but what about giving it arcane (or psionic) spellcasting with the ranger's progression? You already have something similar with the Conversion ability, but why not have someone who can duplicate spells be able to learn them on her own?

Cipher Stars
2011-05-30, 11:22 AM
What he means to say is that you should probably change the flavor text up there to read "...rare, but welcome additions..."
Sheesh. And they call him Captain Obvious.

This is definitely an interesting class. I hate to say it, but what about giving it arcane (or psionic) spellcasting with the ranger's progression? You already have something similar with the Conversion ability, but why not have someone who can duplicate spells be able to learn them on her own?

Well, originally it had a slow but full spell progression (Lv 9 at lv 20).
I'll see what I can do.

also. whats the difference? Theres just the "B" that should have been "b" .... :smallconfused:

Here:

By spending ten points +1 per spell level, the caster can permanently add a single spell to a spell list to a maximum that mimics the Wizard spells known each can be used by spending 1 point per spell level.

added to the bottom of conversion.

and I made Matrix always active.

Solaris
2011-05-30, 12:29 PM
Well, originally it had a slow but full spell progression (Lv 9 at lv 20).
I'll see what I can do.

also. whats the difference? Theres just the "B" that should have been "b" .... :smallconfused:

Here:

By spending ten points +1 per spell level, the caster can permanently add a single spell to a spell list to a maximum that mimics the Wizard spells known each can be used by spending 1 point per spell level.

added to the bottom of conversion.

and I made Matrix always active.

Well, fair to sure it read 'editions' when I posted. Ooh, and you misused 'Theres'. Shoulda been 'Theirs'.
... Temotei hasn't done it in a minute. Somebody's gotta nitpick word usage. Don't judge me.

With the other class features, I wouldn't have given it full spell progression either. Does the evaluator have to spend the points when she converts the spell, or can she spend them at any point while she still has it?

Cipher Stars
2011-05-30, 12:36 PM
Well, fair to sure it read 'editions' when I posted. Ooh, and you misused 'Theres'. Shoulda been 'Theirs'.
... Temotei hasn't done it in a minute. Somebody's gotta nitpick word usage. Don't judge me.

Isn't Theirs used when talking about people? wait.. where are you talking about? I'm sure there are over five "Theres" on this thread.

With the other class features, I wouldn't have given it full spell progression either. Does the evaluator have to spend the points when she converts the spell, or can she spend them at any point while she still has it?

what? I thought it read pretty clear. You spend 10+spell levels worth of points to permanently copy a spell down. From there you just spend spell levels worth of points to cast that effect similar to psionics, without any materials. I should probably say that last part.

Solaris
2011-05-30, 12:45 PM
Isn't Theirs used when talking about people? wait.. where are you talking about? I'm sure there are over five "Theres" on this thread.

"Theres is the power kept guarded by the Reapers themselves to see and judge."
Being that you're talking about people and not locations there, that one.

what? I thought it read pretty clear. You spend 10+spell levels worth of points to permanently copy a spell down. From there you just spend spell levels worth of points to cast that effect similar to psionics, without any materials. I should probably say that last part.

How it functions is clear. When it functions isn't. Do you have to make the choice upon duplicating the spell, can you wait until the last minute before it's forgotten, or can you just pick any old spell out of the aether whenever you have a minute? Depending on how much downtime the campaign has, that last option could be... iffy.
Wizards don't have a maximum number of spells known. They have spellbooks. Sorcerers have a maximum, though. Does this class cast out of a spellbook-analogue?

Cipher Stars
2011-05-30, 01:00 PM
How it functions is clear. When it functions isn't. Do you have to make the choice upon duplicating the spell, can you wait until the last minute before it's forgotten, or can you just pick any old spell out of the aether whenever you have a minute? Depending on how much downtime the campaign has, that last option could be... iffy.
Wizards don't have a maximum number of spells known. They have spellbooks. Sorcerers have a maximum, though. Does this class cast out of a spellbook-analogue?

Oh you mean when you can perm a duplicated spell.
Any spell you witness can be made perm as it happens as the normal duplication, or any duplicated spell can be made permanent before its lost.
as for the wizard comment: Exactly :smalltongue:
jok'n I meant spells per day. So a level twenty could carry around 4 spells of each level.

Solaris
2011-05-30, 01:05 PM
Ahh, I see. Okay. Well, I have nothing more to add (aside from pointless nitpicks about word abusage). This class seems especially good for the urban fantasy genre, or the Eberron-style of high fantasy where magic = science/technology.

Cipher Stars
2011-05-30, 01:06 PM
Ahh, I see. Okay. Well, I have nothing more to add (aside from pointless nitpicks about word abusage). This class seems especially good for the urban fantasy genre, or the Eberron-style of high fantasy where magic = science/technology.

Really, I think it could fit anywhere. Change mathmatics, numbers, ect to Symbols, Glyphs, sigils, runes, ect.

Solaris
2011-05-30, 01:10 PM
Eh, not really. D&D has this issue where it makes magic something that's really steady and reliable - like science. This class works well with that. It doesn't work in those settings where magic is this unknowable thing that mortal minds can barely grasp at. Not without some serious refluffing.

Cipher Stars
2011-05-30, 01:16 PM
Ah. I can see what you mean.

btw. I extended Arithmetics.

Zale
2011-05-30, 04:00 PM
So, I guess Appraise would be a class skill?

Cipher Stars
2011-05-30, 04:49 PM
So, I guess Appraise would be a class skill?

Fixed, added class Skills.

NeoSeraphi
2011-05-30, 10:42 PM
The Reincarnate ability is both interesting and flavorful, and I like how you've expanded the class, though again, unless you do plan on giving her arcane progression, she has no offense, only evaluating and altering others. If you wanted to make her some kind of buffer/debuffer than you could always give her at least a bard's spell list progression and perhaps some class features where she bestows temporary Modifies to her allies.

Just suggestions, of course.

Cipher Stars
2011-05-30, 11:14 PM
The Reincarnate ability is both interesting and flavorful, and I like how you've expanded the class, though again, unless you do plan on giving her arcane progression, she has no offense, only evaluating and altering others. If you wanted to make her some kind of buffer/debuffer than you could always give her at least a bard's spell list progression and perhaps some class features where she bestows temporary Modifies to her allies.

Just suggestions, of course.

Modify.

Give yourself a +5 DR or Fast Healing or the like.

NeoSeraphi
2011-05-30, 11:30 PM
Modify.

Give yourself a +5 DR or Fast Healing or the like.

Yes, but that's all defensive. Even if you gave her a +5 BAB or damage, then she's just swinging a weapon around, you know? You have a lot of dead levels, I don't think there'd be any balance issues or problems with adding a few class features to help her deal damage.

Edit: Saw that you changed Conversion to allow permanently adding spells to a spell list. That's a good way to give her firepower. I like it and it fits with the class.

Cipher Stars
2011-05-30, 11:31 PM
Yes, but that's all defensive. Even if you gave her a +5 BAB or damage, then she's just swinging a weapon around, you know? You have a lot of dead levels, I don't think there'd be any balance issues or problems with adding a few class features to help her deal damage.

Reallocate: -their AC/will/ ect.

Cipher Stars
2011-06-05, 05:51 PM
If that still isn't enough, just say so...

Clarified on Reincarnate that you cannot raise your own level through it.

Cipher Stars
2011-08-22, 04:17 PM
Fix'd a few errors that stood out as I reread just now. You can now Evaluate a targets Resistances earlier.

EdroGrimshell
2011-08-22, 05:09 PM
Just read through this more thoroughly than my last readthrough and found a really like this class. Personally i'd play this instead of a wizard since i think it fits the theme better without being to powerful (even if they still get 9th level spells). Your homebrews just keep getting better and better :smallbiggrin:

eftexar
2011-08-22, 06:41 PM
I like the class and it looks fairly balanced. I have a few issues though.
Is reallocate permanent? If so that might be too much.
Oh and the way you have it worded it could be interpreted that evaluation points are permanently gone once spent (and judging from the rest of the class it doesn't look like they are). And do they recover each day? If they are spent permanently its still a bit vague (and is a pretty nasty punch to the classes power).
Can modify be used multiple times? I automatically assume no when it doesn't say it can, but if it can you might want to put a limit on bonuses to any single score (maybe 1/2 evaluator level + 1 max?).
When you speak of conversion for permanently learning spells would I be right to assume that those evaluation points that are spent are lost?

Cipher Stars
2011-08-22, 07:14 PM
I like the class and it looks fairly balanced. I have a few issues though.
Is reallocate permanent? If so that might be too much.

maybe...

Oh and the way you have it worded it could be interpreted that evaluation points are permanently gone once spent (and judging from the rest of the class it doesn't look like they are). And do they recover each day? If they are spent permanently its still a bit vague (and is a pretty nasty punch to the classes power).

why would they be permanently gone? Thats like a Psion spending her pp permanently...

Can modify be used multiple times? I automatically assume no when it doesn't say it can, but if it can you might want to put a limit on bonuses to any single score (maybe 1/2 evaluator level + 1 max?).

Um.. no.. not at all. "Its a free floating pool" You have your 5 points to throw around, spread dat' butta' wherever around your sheet. replace it somewhere else if you need a bit of Electricity resistance. maybe some extra BAB or Strength...

When you speak of conversion for permanently learning spells would I be right to assume that those evaluation points that are spent are lost?
No way! hah, heck no. that'd cost: 40ep, 44ep, 48ep ect to get your 4 0lv spells, 1st level, 2nd and on.

eftexar
2011-08-22, 07:38 PM
Thanks for adding the rest thing to your pool of points. It's just that there are classes that permanently spend points (action points are an example).
Sorry I misread modify.
Hmm... My problem with conversion then is the capability to have all of the neat abilities and a fullcasting progression (when copying spells permanantly). From the way I see it you could copy a spell for points that you'll just regain and that means your getting alot of stuff for nothing. Why not make it so that you can 'invest' points into a spell and as long as your retain the spells you 'lose' the points invested. Of course if you did it that way, then the current costs might be a bit hefty.

Cipher Stars
2011-08-22, 08:11 PM
I'm happy with conversion as is.
you spend 10-19 points to add the spell to your list or replace an existing one then hence forth until replaced can access it by spending points.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-08-22, 09:06 PM
A formatting note: Turn off the center adjustment. It makes the whole thing really hard to read. Just try indents and paragraphs instead.

InfiniteNothing
2011-08-23, 07:57 AM
Um, Cipher? I think you missed an error. Reread the Matrix ability. The last sentence doesn't fit with it being a constant ability.

Otherwise it still looks good.

Cipher Stars
2011-08-23, 08:02 AM
Um, Cipher? I think you missed an error. Reread the Matrix ability. The last sentence doesn't fit with it being a constant ability.

Otherwise it still looks good.

The int mod rounds? Thats how long the overcharge lasts.

I'll remove the centers then...

InfiniteNothing
2011-08-23, 08:09 AM
Cipher, the way it's worded right now implies that the base effect lasts for Int rounds, and the overcharged version lasts for X5 that.

Might I suggest rewriting that last sentence, just to be clear what you mean?

Cipher Stars
2011-08-23, 08:16 AM
Might I suggest rewriting that last sentence, just to be clear what you mean?

I'm sure that'd be easy to do if it didn't already look clear to me.
Then again I do feel white tipsy at the moment so everything looks skewed.

*sigh* Last time I eat six slices of pizza and three Dr. Peppers before bed...

InfiniteNothing
2011-08-23, 08:22 AM
Huh. Just looked again, and it's fine. Whether you rewrote it after my suggestion or I just missed it earlier, it looks fine now. Thanks for clearing that bit up. :smallwink:

By the way, you're missing the weapon and armor proficiencies. Just thought you should know.