PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Help Me Hammer Out a Few Class Features for a Scout-Like Class

wayfare
2011-05-30, 01:36 PM
As some of you may know, I'm running an e10 game with classes that are specifically designed for the world. Right now I am working on creating a class that is a combination of the Ranger and the Scout, and I need some help with a few class features. Here's what I'm trying to build (please critique -- i fear that it might be too much).

1) The class is going to have the rogue attack progression (7/2 @ level 10)

2) The class will have a druid-strength animal companion

3) The class will have a precision damage ability that works like this:

Hunters Mark

As a standard action make an attack at your highest attack bonus, dividing your level as you choose as a bonus to attack and/or damage. Any damage added in this way is a form of precision damage and is not multiplied on a critical hit. Creatures immune to critical hits are immune to bonus damage granted by Hunters Mark.

4) The class will have expanded stealth ability...but I don't really know what to add. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

revquigley
2011-05-31, 10:14 AM
Thematically, the animal companion is confusing. If it's a stealth based class, why would you want an animal tramping about after you?

Is there a limit on Hunter's Mark, or is it just at will?

Dryad
2011-05-31, 08:01 PM
I made a hunter class ages ago:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57155
It might be of some help. :)