PDA

View Full Version : Trouble making curved lines in Illustrator...

R. Shackleford
2011-05-30, 07:40 PM
So, I'm a nub at all of this drawing stuff. I've been looking around google, but the instructions don't seem to work the same way between versions.

I'm using Illustrator CS5, and trying to make curved lines, specifically stick figure arms.

I can't seem to make a proper arm though.The only curves I've been able to curve symmetrically and aren't very arm-like.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Otherworld Odd
2011-05-30, 07:43 PM
First of all, select your pen tool and remove the fill and just put a black stroke. Click once, then click a second time where you want the end of the line to be and HOLD the button. While you're holding the button, you can bend the line into the shape you want it to be. Then afterwards you can mess with the line with it's "Bezier" handles that come off of each vertex.

R. Shackleford
2011-05-30, 07:52 PM
First of all, select your pen tool and remove the fill and just put a black stroke. Click once, then click a second time where you want the end of the line to be and HOLD the button. While you're holding the button, you can bend the line into the shape you want it to be. Then afterwards you can mess with the line with it's "Bezier" handles that come off of each vertex.

Gasp!

I got it.

It's amazing how stupid the interface seems until you figure out how it works.

EDIT: Thanks, too!