PDA

View Full Version : Regeneration 50?

Necroticplague
2011-05-31, 09:04 AM
Is there a default weakness that regeneration has when none is listed? I was going through the epic level handbook, and I noticed the protean simply having "Regeneration 50". It didn't have it's regeneration expanded, and it didn't have a / after its regeneration to explain its weakness. So does this mean all damage a protean takes is nonlethal, and the only way to kill it is so save-or-die it or coup-de-grace it?

vegetalss4
2011-05-31, 09:08 AM
Is there a default weakness that regeneration has when none is listed? I was going through the epic level handbook, and I noticed the protean simply having "Regeneration 50". It didn't have it's regeneration expanded, and it didn't have a / after its regeneration to explain its weakness. So does this mean all damage a protean takes is nonlethal, and the only way to kill it is so save-or-die it or coup-de-grace it?

you would be unable to coup-de-grace it since you only can do so with an attack that deals lethal damage, and none do against such a creature.
you could however also kill it with con damage, or through drowning (assuming it needs to breathe)

Mastikator
2011-05-31, 09:15 AM
Save or die, con damage, drowning/asphyxiating, negative levels, starvation, dehydration, age.
Not coup de grace though.

hamishspence
2011-05-31, 10:05 AM
I notice the SRD doesn't specify anything overcoming it either:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/hagunemnon.htm

Yora
2011-05-31, 10:06 AM
Maybe it's an edeting error and they meant Fast Healing 50?

hamishspence
2011-05-31, 10:11 AM
In MM2 the same occurs for elemental weirds- however in Frostburn- weirds published in that do have regeneration that can be overcome- yet have the same CR.

Necroticplague
2011-05-31, 01:23 PM
I notice the SRD doesn't specify anything overcoming it either:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/hagunemnon.htm

That's actually what caused me to look in the epic level handbook, I thought it was kind of odd.