PDA

View Full Version : Blades Of Keran [3.5 World][PEACH]

Milo v3
2011-06-02, 05:07 AM
The world of Keran is dark, gruesome and vile. The nations are in war. The great desert empire of Sumra rules most of the world. The Elves and the Dwarves are dying out. The Sarli are a race of Cat-like Necromancers. The Murderer's are a race of crow-like priests. Undead are part of the natural order but none ever realize. Elementals are bound to creatures and animate constructs. The Monolith is Hidden.

Well that's kind of the intro to my setting. I have slowly been uploading info of it to the D&D Wiki. In short it is a Medieval Campaign with magic and monsters. But that sounds like the stereotypical D&D world with nothing to set it apart so I think I should give it a bigger description.

Blades Of Keran is a campaign setting which I created with the help of some people on these forums and DND Wiki. It is a Dark world but it is only as dark as the realworld.

I tried to make the races more realistic then the standard. I did this by removing hundreds of possible races and replacing them with only 19 possible races. Even the elves and dwarves are different to core and Humans don't exist. In the place of Humans is Karmainians. Karmainians have the same racial features as Humans but mentally they are severely based off Medieval humans.

Also in this world are Binders. These binders can bind souls to do there biding. And at later levels can bind souls to Objects (Making them magical), creatures (Giving them special abilities), or even to animate constructs and golems. In this setting they are needed as Binding is the only way "At All" to create a Golem or similar construct. They are also an easier way to enchant items without spending precious XP.

Their is a lot more info I should put in this post but I think I've put enough here for now.

But either way .... I was wondering if I could get some feedback. Opinions and questions are welcome and I will answer all. I must say that my setting isn't 100% finished but I am still adding to it.

Here is a link to the actual setting. (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Blades_Of_Keran_(3.5e_Campaign_Setting))

Please see this thread instead. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266689)

erictheredd
2011-06-02, 11:40 AM
It seems the greatest amount of work so far has been on the different races. They seem to be well thought out (though they could be better written). I especially like the Sarli, though I think I am imagining them smaller and more catlike than you are. The idea of wood as an energy type is interesting, but needs more development.

here are some things that confused me and you may want to expand on:

Aegis are incredibly analytical and pragmatic, often opting for the option with the least difficulty for all involved. Though golems, there are exceptionally altruistic, and undeniably malicious, individuals

how can one be both exceptionally altruistic and undeniably malicious? I think you could work on the phrasing there.

also, you could be more specific on what happens when a dragon born has children and how one goes about becoming one.

This beard soaks up moisture in the air. Allowing water deprieved dwarves with water.

Kind of Run. sentence on this is.

They are pityed by the Elves and seen as strange to Karmainians. To every other race they

they.... what?

Sarli's mostly prefer simple, practical yet luxurious dark clothes, they prefer actual comfort and shows of wealth through clothing but most of the time, being extravagant does not help so being comfortable in their clothing is what they apply most of the time.

I am having trouble wrapping my head around that

requiring papers to leave your homeland or be hunted down doesn't sound like the trait of a chaotic society that leans towards good (true elves).

but good work.

Omeganaut
2011-06-02, 12:16 PM
So far its looking good (I didn't read the DM stuff to avoid spoiling anything in game). Just needs some fleshing out so that some of the links are no longer red.

Milo v3
2011-06-02, 08:20 PM
The idea of wood as an energy type is interesting, but needs more development.
Okay. I'll probably add it to the energy Clerics, and paladins can channel and I will add more information on it when I do more work on the planes.

How can one be both exceptionally altruistic and undeniably malicious? I think you could work on the phrasing there.
That's a typo. Fixed.

Also, you could be more specific on what happens when a dragon born has children and how one goes about becoming one.
Okay. Its different depending on the Era your playing in. Will add soon.

Kind of Run. sentence on this is.
Fixed the dwarven beard.

they.... what?
Fixed. Still not very much info though.

I am having trouble wrapping my head around that
Will fix. But basically the like to wear luxurious clothes that don't hamper comfort.

And the reason the True Elves are like that is because of Elves low birth rate. This causes there to be a tiny amount of Elves in the homeland. Which isn't very good when you are in war so they force the restriction to keep the numbers high. Also when elves go to the age of 700 they "Evolve" and "Mutate" into a bestial form. Which can only be controlled when you are in the homeland.

Wyntonian
2011-06-03, 06:19 PM
Do you mind if I borrow that? Just the idea of a race that turns into a bestial form at a certain age. It fits great with my worldbuilding project.

Milo v3
2011-06-03, 06:20 PM
Sure you can use it.

So anything else?