PDA

View Full Version : Never Rest Your Head

Tvtyrant
2011-06-04, 12:49 AM
I like the fluff of this game, but I am a little hesitant towards the mechanics. How well does the game play in practice? Is it as difficult to run multiple people as the game itself suggests?

Xefas
2011-06-04, 01:44 AM
This game is amazing. But don't just take my word for it: Here's part 1 of the Walking Eye's multi-session Actual Play report (http://www.thewalkingeye.com/?p=67) of the game. Its been a while since I listened to it, but if I recall, they have three PCs: A frat-boy who is too scared to go to sleep because he's being stalked by a crazy lover, a medical doctor who stayed up for one too many crazy hospital shifts and started having horrifying hallucinations, and a drug addict who just hasn't stopped the psychostimulants long enough to get any sleep.

EDIT: Whoops, checking their episode summary, apparently they have a fourth PC: a soldier returning from war who hasn't slept due to horrible wartime psychological trauma.

Somebloke
2011-06-06, 11:11 AM
Short version: Wonderful for one-offs and small groups, but I suspect it would not work with long campaigns or large groups. Based on one game experience I ran.