PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect PnP

Psilulz
2011-06-05, 11:37 PM
So I've decided to take up the mantle on creating a pen and paper Mass Effect game. I've read numerous threads on which system is best for it, but most of the suggested systems I'm unfamiliar with or don't really seem to work (imo). The systems I am familiar with are 3.5 & 4th ed, WoD, L5R, 7th Sea, Shadowrun, and SW SAGA. I've also read numerous fan submissions, but many seem a bit confusing. I am looking for a more heroic system, and hoping to keep it simple. Currently, I am leaning towards a base system of something like 4th ed...
Any thoughts/ suggestions would be much appreciated.

Mulletmanalive
2011-06-06, 04:55 PM
I was actually considering this the other day [while mopping floors at my job, which gives me far to much free brain time these days] and was wondering if you could use a modified version of the Recharge Magic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/rechargeMagic.htm) system for Biotics and Tech...

The idea is:
Characters with levels in the appropriate classes get access to these powers which are tiered rather like Psionic Augments.
Classes get different numbers of points per level to spend on these powers each level, maybe 2 for vanguard and commando and 4 for engineer and Biotic
Some powers have prerequisites, for instance, you need Push to get Pull, etc. Power ranks cost an amount equal to the new rank.
Powers have a recharge equal to 1d4+their rank. While they are recharging, no powers may be used.
Classes gain abilities that speed recharge; i'm not sure which would get which, though the hybrids tend to recharge faster but have fewer, weaker powers.
Obviously, the addition of guns and a few abilities for soldiers [with their higher BAB than everything else] helps balance out the powers.

That's just my thoughts on it. I don't really have time to write up the full thing, or at least, no inclination right this second.

Psilulz
2011-06-07, 07:10 PM
Thank you for your thoughts. I was definately considering some sort of recharge system. I might just have all powers go on a cooldown, although after using 3 or so, it might get a bit confusing to keep track of.