PDA

View Full Version : Calling out voice actors! EDIT:NVM

Dudemon
2011-06-07, 01:02 PM
Hey all!

As a sort of a tribute to the great series that is OOTS, I've been wanting to animate one or two epic scenarios found from the comic.

I chose to go with "Vaarsuvius' ultimate arcane power-up".

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0634.html

Here's what I've put together so far. I know it's very brief and nothing impressive, my intention is just to show that I got the basics of animating down. My goal is to stay very faithful to the original style and dialogue through the entire clip.

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1307465884

It's only a few seconds long right now because I'm stuck; this thing needs voice actors to continue. All three fiends, Vaarsuvius, and the three mage souls (Ganonron, Haerta & Jephton) need a voice so I can finish the clip (the finished animation should end up about one and a half minutes long).

I post my request here because it's pretty OOTS-related, and this place probably has the most passionate fans.

So, any voice actors here willing to record a few lines for me?

I can provide more details if there's any interest... Ask away if you have questions.

Cast list:

Vaarsuvius: -
Fiend 1: -
Fiend 2: -
Fiend 3: -
Ganonron: -
Haerta: -
Jephton: -

And yes, one person can do multiple roles.

Dvandemon
2011-06-07, 01:26 PM
While I'm dubious about the forum rules on this, I look forward to seeing it.

Ninjaman
2011-06-08, 01:30 AM
What about Qarr

JonRG
2011-06-08, 02:15 AM
Well, there was a thread where a really talented artist took OotS comics and drew them manga style. I can't see how this would be any different, so long as Dudemon doesn't profit from Rich's work.

Wish I was a voice actor. :smalltongue:

Icewalker
2011-06-08, 02:28 AM
Well, there was a thread where a really talented artist took OotS comics and drew them manga style. I can't see how this would be any different, so long as Dudemon doesn't profit from Rich's work.

Other notes included that he couldn't do the whole comic, but individual scenes was more acceptable.

Regardless, definitely make sure to get a mod check in on this first.

Dudemon
2011-06-08, 06:43 AM
What about Qarr

Qarr won't be having any lines in this clip.

I'm not trying to make profit, all the credit will go to where credit is due... This is supposed to be a fanmade tribute and nothing more. If it's breaking any rules, I'll scrap the thing.

Dogmantra
2011-06-08, 07:47 AM
If it's breaking any rules, I'll scrap the thing.

Not sure about the actual project itself, but your image showing the dialogue is breaking rules, you're not supposed to alter the comics.

SlayerScott
2011-06-08, 08:05 AM
This looks like a great idea. The animation reminds me of Metalocalypse. I would like to help if I could - I could do one of the fiends, and I know a girl who could do a great Haerta - posssibly another girl to do Vaarsuvius. How would I go about making recordings and sending them to you? I've got a mike here, not sure what program to use to record and send the voice work. PM me if I can be of service.

Dudemon
2011-06-08, 09:26 AM
Not sure about the actual project itself, but your image showing the dialogue is breaking rules, you're not supposed to alter the comics.

Geez.

Removed the pic.

leakingpen
2011-06-08, 11:22 AM
Pending mod approval, i would be willing to do one or multiple voices.

Dudemon
2011-06-08, 03:27 PM
This looks like a great idea. The animation reminds me of Metalocalypse. I would like to help if I could - I could do one of the fiends, and I know a girl who could do a great Haerta - posssibly another girl to do Vaarsuvius. How would I go about making recordings and sending them to you? I've got a mike here, not sure what program to use to record and send the voice work. PM me if I can be of service.

Well, first give me a sample of your "character voice" via vocaroo.com and PM the link to me. This goes for everyone who would like to do voice acting.

Below are all the lines I need:

Fiend 1: As a provider, I would be remiss not to warn you that the Soul Splice has been known to trigger feelings of pure omnipotence.

Fiend 2: You may also experience some slight dizziness from the rush of unprecedented arcane power.

Fiend 3: We won't tell anyone there was another way to save your children if you don't.

Fiend 1: A lot to think about.

Fiend 3: No pressure.

Fiend 2: Though we should mention that the time stop wears off in 4... 3... 2...

Vaarsuvius: *optional frustrated grunt*

Vaarsuvius: I... I must succeed.

Vaarsuvius: *Laughter, constantly growing more maniacal* mmhmhm... haahahahahaha... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Ganonron: Crush the world beneath your heel.

Haerta: Destroy everyone who has ever slighted you.

Jephton: Tear down creation just to see if you can!

Vaarsuvius: Wait.. Why am I laughing? I don't... The voices...

Ganonron: Desecrate everything.

Haerta: Kill anything beatiful.

Jephton: Take what you want.

Fiend 1: You may be experiencing some feedback. You know, alignment-wise.

Fiend 3: Do not let them influence your actions! YOU are the one in control!

Fiend 2: Now go, and save your family!

Haerta: Punish the dragon-bitch.

Ganonron: Make her suffer.

Jephton: Make her suffer exquisite!

Vaarsuvius: Yes... I will go now.

Vaarsuvius: Greater Teleport!

I don't really have any good advice on sound recording software... But as long as the clips are relatively free of annoying static feedback/cracking, and in a .wav or .mp3 format, I can definitely make use of them.

Roland St. Jude
2011-06-08, 04:08 PM
Kept to one short tribute, without any monetary exchange, and full credit given prominently and often, and shared only here, it might be given a pass. (Though it's unlikely to be fair use or otherwise legally permitted without approval of the rights holder.) Ultimately, The Giant owns the rights to the characters, places, dialog, strips, storylines, etc., and a derivative work like this needs his approval. I'd recommend obtaining it before proceeding, but like I said, kept as a single, small tribute, it might be let go.

Dudemon
2011-06-08, 04:26 PM
Kept to one short tribute, without any monetary exchange, and full credit given prominently and often, and shared only here, it might be given a pass. (Though it's unlikely to be fair use or otherwise legally permitted without approval of the rights holder.) Ultimately, The Giant owns the rights to the characters, places, dialog, strips, storylines, etc., and a derivative work like this needs his approval. I'd recommend obtaining it before proceeding, but like I said, kept as a single, small tribute, it might be let go.

I have no intention of upsetting the maestro himself.

From looking over youtube and these forums I drew the conclusion that you guys aren't too strict on the use of OOTS material, but apparently that was a misunderstanding on my part. I understand the problem and apologize for the trouble.

Project scrapped.