PDA

View Full Version : half-dragons

michaelmichael
2011-06-09, 01:25 PM
I was working on a pathfinder setting in which I would like there to be PC half dragons. i don't know of any PF rules for working off level adjustments, so I was wondering if you lot had any ideas about making a +0 version of the half dragon racial template?

I am considering:

fly speed 30,
+2 strength
+2 dexterity
-2 wisdom
one energy resist of 2x character level

:thog:

Mayhem
2011-06-10, 12:46 AM
Generally you want to keep the bonus and penalty to the same type of ability attribute, with the second bonus on the other type of attribute. Flight is really good, might want to give a graduated progression like raptorans.

If you have access to races of dragon from 3.5ed, the dragonborn of bahamut make decent lesser half-dragons. They're pretty easy to pathfinder-rise too, probably just give a bonus to charisma and change the senses aspect to perception checks and you're good. I made a variant for their heart aspect to give some energy resistance in return for only having one type of breath weapon.
Here it is, if you're interested:
Focused Heart (Su): A dragonborn who chooses heart as her draconic aspect gains a breath weapon and energy resistance. The breath weapon can be either acid, cold, electricity, or fire, chosen at first level. The line’s length is 10 feet with an aditional 5 feet for every 2 Hit Dice the dragonborn has, up to a maximum of 60 feet at 20 Hit Dice. The breath weapon deals 1d8 points of damage, plus an extra 1d8 points for each 3 HD the dragonborn possesses (2d8 at 3 HD, 3d8 at 6 HD, and so on). A successful Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 the dragonborn’s HD + her Con modifier) halves the damage. A dragonborn can use her breath weapon once every 1d4 rounds. The energy resistance is of the same type as her breath weapon. At first level the energy resistance is 2. At 6 HD it increases to 5, at 9 HD increases to 10, and culminates in immunity at 12 HD.

Hope this helps,
Mayhem