PDA

View Full Version : [Playable Race] The Zonquraths

Phosphate
2011-06-11, 09:25 AM
ZONQURATH
http://dark.pozadia.org/images/wallpapers/18207967/Warrioirs/Fantasy%20Elf%20Warrior.jpg
"For bewildered by your lowly presence in my sight and life, I am not. As never have I walked through a full day without trembling at the sheer complexity I carry within, as never have I come to comprehend the full lengths of my power of reasoning, as never have I succeeded in gazing up to the end of my full depths, I know the face of fear. And as of now and forevermore, one sole reason of concern hunts my dreams: the thought of opposing someone as closely similar to myself as possible. You're not such an inividual, and you're standing. In. My. WAY!"
- Mergause Rhanto Turrazio, Zonqurath, screaming at a Tarrasque

Type: Medium Humanoid
Ages:

{table]Adulthood | Simple | Moderate | Complex
18 | +1d4 | +1d6 | +1d8[/table]
{table]Middle Age | Old | Venerable | Maximum Age
100 | 150 | 210 | no[/table]

Zonquraths, due to their incredible learning speed, have very little difference in the time required to learn different classes, regardless of complexity. Also, after a certain point (age 210) Zonqurath bodies simply stabilize, so they cannot die due to old age after that point. Beforehand, subtract and add attributes as per the Human aging effects table. After that point, only increase all mental attributes by 1 every 100 years.

Height/Weight: Height is 6 feet on average, with little to no difference between genders. Calculate weight as for a human of the same height +20%.

Languages: Sole (Zonqurath language), Hasa (Zonqurath language), Common, Draconic
Bonus Languages: Any non-secret
Hit Dice: D8
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft base land speed, all speed reductions, due to any and all causes, are halved

Zonquraths are proud individuals that form ordered and strongly hierarchical societies just because they understand that the smoother working a society is, the better life gets for the individual. Despite that, they're rather against members of other races, regarding them as inferior (usually rightfully so) unless they prove their valor. While their existence in itself is not a secret, Zonqurath towns are pretty closed to outsiders, not willing to trade technology, weapons or resources with neighbors.

Their culture, while rich, is pretty erratic, every sculptor/architect/writer/singer/poet struggling to be as original as possible, and deconstructing the ones that wrote/built/composed before them. The greatest cultural achievements of the Zonqurath, however, are as grand as those of any other race.

Names: At birth, every Zonqurath is given a first name. There are no family names, as Zonqurath believe ancestors are irrelevant to the capabilities of the individual. Afterward, a Zonqurath may add additional names to himself, as many as he sees fit, whenever he feels like his view on life and his code of ethic have changed.

Appearance: Zonquraths are tall and muscular, never overweight, and rather beautiful. Their nails are green and never grow, and they all have green irises. They wear their usually fair hair long, and while they may grow facial hair, it is usually regarded as distasteful, their teeth are always perfectly white and well positioned, and their ears are elven in shape. Zonquraths are very practical when it comes to clothing, and have a strong repulsion to wearing symbols that would show their belonging to a civilization/order/cult.

Racial Features:

+2 Intellect, +2 Wisdom, +2 Strength, -2 Charisma
Zonquraths are seekers of personal power, in any way or form it may present itself. Also, they have a natural heightened intellect and strength. Despite that, they are brash and stubborn, which imposes a penalty to charisma.

Low-Light Vision (EX): As the Elf racial feature.

Above Average Characteristics: A Zonqurath is never to fall below the average. If his base values in Int, Wis, or Str are under 10, they are treated as being 10 (racial bonuses to these are still added).

Condescending Nature: A Zonqurath treats everyone as below him, and this feels valid (and actually threatening) at times. His Intimidate rank is always maximized, and he cannot have Diplomacy as a class skill.

Curious Nature: A Zonqurath thrives in research. He gains a +1 bonus to his skillpoints per level, and always has all Knowledge skills as class skills.

Unswayable Nature (EX): A Zonqurath is immune to mind-affecting abilities that have a level equal to half their character level or lower. If said abilities are Illusions, the full character level is used instead.

Superconscience (EX): A Zonqurath can sleep and hold control of his body at the same time. This ability can be activated at any time outside battle, it takes 15 minutes to activate, and lasts as long as you wish (ending it is a free action). In this state, a Zonqurath is immune to fatigue, exhaustion, and sleep effects, cannot speak, cannot use spells, powers and spell-like abilities, and fails all Will Saves, but is treated as being in a resting state (albeit conscious).

Religion: Most Zonquraths give little to no attention to religion, usually just worshiping the concept of Knowledge.
Favored Class: Sire

Level Adjustment: +1

Phosphate
2011-06-11, 10:05 AM
I will make the Sire class when I'm not bored.

dragonsamurai77
2011-06-11, 11:17 AM
Races never have banned alignments or classes. An individual member, especially an adventurer, can easily have beliefs different from his kin.

Phosphate
2011-06-11, 11:57 AM
Whatever. Changed.

Solaris
2011-06-11, 01:08 PM
Your image apparently didn't like being hotlinked. Might I suggest Imageshack as a host?

It's like a self-aware Mary Sue race that's perfect for wizards.
None of that was meant to be complimentary.

I'd say it's a strong LA +0 or a low LA +1.

Phosphate
2011-06-11, 01:48 PM
I had to make a race arrogant and uncaring enough towards life to take the Sire class, as I envision it. Plus, at times you just FEEL like playing the prick. :D

LA+1 seems appropriate, I agree.

Phosphate
2011-06-12, 02:17 PM
Bumped fow effect.

Morph Bark
2011-06-13, 05:02 PM
Superconscious seems awkwardly-worded to me, as there are no actions beyond full-round action (at least they're never called actions). Does it take 15 minutes to activate, or does it last 15 minutes and the ability takes a full-round or lesser action? If it takes 15 minutes to activate, how long does it last?

Condescending Nature might be better worded as "a Zonqurath's Intimidate skill is always maximized".

If you were to drop two ability bonuses (maybe Int and Wis and make Str +4) and the "may not be lower than 10" thing along with the extra skill points, this would make an okay LA+0 race I'd say. As is though, LA+1.

Phosphate
2011-06-14, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I will have to reword that. It takes 15 minutes to activate, and it lasts as long as you want it to last.

That is not what I initially intended, but...I love the idea!

Also, yeah, LA will be higher.