PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Warrior (3.5) PEACH

Seharvepernfan
2011-06-13, 11:13 AM
Eldritch Warrior
Pre: Arcane Strike (CW), Proficiency with any martial or exotic melee weapon (you must use this weapon for Eldritch Warrior abilities)

d8
Good Fort & Will-Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (any), Ride, Spellcraft, Swim, Tumble
4+Int
Full Bab
You gain no armor or weapon proficiencies.
Ignore Spell Failure does not imply that your character has armor proficiency.

1 - Combine touch spell with melee attack. Can hold the charge on the weapon for as long as the spells duration. Ignore Spell Failure 10%.
2 - Combine target spell with melee attack. Can combine a spell with a melee attack as a full round action. Gain a level of spellcasting. Ignore Spell Failure 20%.
3 - Combine area/line spell with melee attack. Can combine a spell with a melee attack as a standard action. Ignore Spell Failure 30%.

If you have martial adept levels, you continue progression as normal for each level of Eldritch Warrior.

Touch spells include melee touch, ranged touch, and ray spells. At 3rd level, if you can attack more than once as part of a standard action, you can spread the spells damage die amongst the attacks as you see fit. Also, if you can cast a spell as a free action, you can combine it with a second attack if you have one, or as part of a full attack (if its a damage dealing spell, you can split up the damage from the spell amongst your attacks as you see fit).

Target spells include any single target target spell (such as hold person or power word kill).

If the area attack hits its target, that target automatically fails any reflex save. Others in the area roll as normal. If it touches the target but fails to do damage, the spell goes off as it otherwise would, but the target gets a save.
If the area is a line effect, it begins in the targets square (and continues in the direction of the target from you).
If you wish, you can limit an area or line spells effect to just the target of your attack.

(Glimbur, I do not understand this table site :smalleek:)

NeoSeraphi
2011-06-13, 11:27 AM
Here, read this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313)

Seharvepernfan
2011-06-13, 12:11 PM
Really, all I want to know is if this class it too powerful or too weak, and I'm pretty sure it's not too weak.

DracoDei
2011-06-13, 12:28 PM
Really, all I want to know is if this class it too powerful or too weak, and I'm pretty sure it's not too weak.
Then do like he said and read the parts of that that deal with formatting. People don't like to review stuff that is poorly formatted.

NeoSeraphi
2011-06-13, 12:55 PM
If you don't want to use a table, then okay. I'll go ahead and say that this class isn't too great. Combining spells with attacks is alright, but it's definitely not worth losing three spellcasting levels over.

By taking this class, you gain +3 BAB, +3 Fort, +1 Ref, +3 Will, and the ability to add spells to your melee attacks.

Where as, by staying in your spellcasting class, you gain access to a new level of spells. (Assuming wiz/sorc/wu jen/anything other than bard or duskblade or hexblade)

The difference between spell levels is pretty staggering. (Dispel magic and haste are pretty good, but polymorph and the orb spells are better, etc) Plus there is the heavy loss of three caster levels, and gishes already lose out on caster levels enough as it is.