PDA

View Full Version : [Base] Apprentice Mechaneer (PF, Need Help and PEACH)

DoomHat
2011-06-17, 04:29 AM
I figured I’d try building a Base class. This is my first try, and inspired two other awesome ones recently posted. Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202388)and Here
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203046)This needs a lot of help, and a lot of gaps need to be filled in, but here’s what I have so far. Also keep in mind I’ve basically just thrown a bunch of stuff I figured might be cool at the wall and now I’m looking to see what’ll stick.

Apprentice Mechaneer

http://skinz-n-hydez.synthasite.com/resources/20238_447960670507_898710507_11089155_1141450_n.jp g?timestamp=1266596789880
{This image (curtsy of this guy (http://skinz-n-hydez.synthasite.com/)) shall be replaced by something hand drawn in the near future}

Adventures:
In order to properly field-test their amazing Clockmail devices, an Apprentice Mechaneer must seek out the most dangerous places in the world. They often partner up with other explorers, if only to insure that in the event of their own death their creations won’t fall into the wrong hands.

Characteristics:
While trained in the basics of melee combat, a Mechaneer’s true power comes to bare in the form of their near magical Clockmail Gimmicks. Their near infinite versatility, capacity for modification, and reconfiguration can always keep their enemies guessing.

Alignment:
In spite of the great discipline and focus it takes to developed a talent for working with Clockmail, for whatever reason to bulk of successful Mechaneers are Chaotic Good. Some purpose this is because the most important traits that compel one to complete one’s long journey toward mastery are an earnest love of trying new things and solid craftsmanship for its own sake.

Religion:
Common choices are deities that relate to knowledge or craftsmanship. However, most Machaneers subscribe to a philosophy called The Cogzgood Method. A process by which Mechaneers, collectively and over time, endeavor to construct an accurate (that is, reliable, consistent and non-arbitrary) representation of the world. The four great virtues of the Cogzgood Method are Observation, Formulation, Prediction, and Experimentation, in precisely that order.

Background:
The ever flying city-state of New Cogzgood is hidden behind a veil of clouds produced by the very Clockmasonry devices that keep it afloat. It is the home of the Mechaneers. Every year graduates from their great university are sent out into the world to achieve true mastery of their art out in the field. The standards are high, and few return with their training considered truly complete.

Races:
Gnomes, dwarves, and of course, humans, are the most common faces hidden within a Clockmail helmet.

Other Classes:
Mechaneer's generally hold other "more vulgar" warrior schools in contempt. They express great interest in the work of artificers, psionics, and wizards.

Role:
Frontline combat with a slew of weird spell-like tricks.

GAME RULE INFORMATION
Clockmail Mechaneer's have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Str, Dex, and Int

Alignment: Any

Hit Die: d8

Starting Gold:
6d8x10 gp

Class Skills
The Apprentice Mechaneer class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are...
Appraise(Int), Climb(Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Dex), Fly (Dex), Knowledge (Engineering) (Int), Profession (Mechaneer) (Wis), Perception (Wis), Use Magic Device(Cha).

Skill Points at First Level:
(5 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level:
5 + Int modifier

{table=head]Level|Base Attack|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0| 1st Clockmail Device with 2 Gimmick Slots, Craft Clockworks, Load Gimmick

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|+1Gimmick Slot to 1st Device

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1| +1Gimmick Slot to 1st Device

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|+1Gimmick Slot to 1st Device

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1| 2nd Clockmail Device with 2 Gimmick Slots

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+2| +1Gimmick Slot to 2nd Device

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+3| 3rd Clockmail Device with 2 Gimmick Slots

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+3| +1Gimmick Slot to 3rd Device

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+3|
+3| +1Gimmick Slot to 3rd Device

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+4|
+4| +1Gimmick Slot to 3rd Device

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+4|
+4| 4th Clockmail Device with 2 Gimmick Slots

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+4|
+4| +1Gimmick Slot to 4th Device

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+5|
+5| +1Gimmick Slot to 4th Device

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+5|
+5| +1Gimmick Slot to 4th Device

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+5|
+5| 5th Clockmail Device with 2 Gimmick Slots

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+6|
+6| +1Gimmick Slot to 5th Device

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+6| +1Gimmick Slot to 5th Device

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+6| +1Gimmick Slot to 5th Device, Full Suit-Full Mastery[/table]

At 1st, 5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th level the Apprentice Mechaneer chooses a new Clockmail device with two Gimmick Slots. There are 5 options.
[Need inbuilt advantages for each. Have no idea how to scale up armor]

Clockforged Blade:
At 5th level, obsessive retooling grants this weapon a +1 enhancement bonus. For every three levels beyond 5th, the weapon gains another +1 enhancement bonus, to a maximum of +6 at 20th level

Clockmail Cuirass

Clockmail Helm

Clockmail Gauntlets

Clockmail Greaves

Load Gimmick:
Each piece of Clockmail has a list of possible Gimmicks that may be loaded into it. It takes a number of minutes equal to 4 times its level requirement to load a given gimmick. Each device can only hold as many gimmicks as it has gimmick slots. Once a gimmick has been used, it may not be used again until reloaded. You do not need to load the same gimmick in the same slot once used.

[For the time being I’m just going to note down a set of Wizard spells similar to the effect I hope to achieve from the Pathfinder SRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-lists-and-domains/spell-lists---sorcerer-and-wizard). If someone could help nerf/buff/add to these options, or at least establish magnification by lvl? Naturally most of them will be made target self only.]

Clockforged Blade:
Grease
Hydraulic Push
Magic Missile
-
Acid Arrow
Web
Gust of Wind

Clockmail Cuirass:
Alarm
Endure Elements
Shield
Obscuring Mist
Vanish
-
Resist Energy

Clockmail Helm:
Comprehend Languages
Detect Secret Doors
Detect Undead
True Strike
Ventriloquism
Vocal Alteration
-
Locate Object
See Invisibility
Darkvision

Clockmail Gauntlets:
Burning Hands
Shocking Grasp
Chill Touch
Crafter's Fortune
-
Bull's Strength
Make Whole
Masterwork Transformation

Clockmail Greaves:
Ant Haul
Break
Expeditious Excavation
Expeditious Retreat
Feather Fall/Jump (Going to call it ‘Spring Heels’)
Touch of the Sea
-
Blur
Glide