PDA

View Full Version : The bang heard around the world(an idea)

Mindfreak
2011-06-17, 06:19 PM
This is my idea for a game. I do not ask for anyone to get off their butts and make it, but I give anyone permission to use these ideas, because it would awesome if someone actually made something from my ideas. I do not ask for credit. This first part will underline the leveling system.

Leveling:
Everytime a creature is killed, depending on the creature, you will get Exp. The more Exp you get, the higher your level. Just like how in D&D, Final Fantasy, all of that, really solid concept. But, once you level up you only need to get another amount of Exp that is higher then the previous amount you collected. The previous amount you collected is now given to you to spend on upgrading yourself. This includes but is not limited to Powers, Health, Speed, Dodge, etc. *Powers include but are not limited to Fireball Missiles, Water Whip, Rock Slap, Erupting a mini-volcano, Rock-a-Pult that launches you high into the air, A miniture explosion created by making fire extremly dense then exploding it outwards allowing you to fly through the air, a strong air current that can pick you or others up, a jet of extremely strong water that propels you into the air, etc.

Fighting: A fight occurs in the game whenever an enemy spots you. It then proceeds to run over, and you go into a one on one battle with it, unless you play with friends. If this is turned into a consol game, then battle would be continous, like the enemies already exist like in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion or Fallout 3. You would be able to use your attacks, but can only do a certain amount of attacks per turn if anyone turns it into a newgrounds or armorgames game.*

Monsters: My idea for monsters are mutated animals and mutated humans. Like the dreaded Squid-Bird!*

The stat system:
Max amount of points in a stat is 10. Stats start at 5.
For a good example, I will bring in the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. System.

Strength: Makes you stronger and helps you carry more items and deal more damage with melée weapons.

Perception: Makes you more accurate with all attacks.

Endurance: Increases your health and lowers the chance of bring poisoned and absorbing radiation.*

Charisma: Makes you more attractive, also makes people less hostile towards you when they first see you.

Intellegence: Increases the amount of Exp you get from fighting.*

Agility: increases damage with Ranged Weapons.

Luck: Increases your chance to find things in barrels, chests, cupboards. And increases your chance to do a critical.

At the beginning, with your stats all at 5, you should have these things:

Health: 200
AC: 10
Accuracy: 15
Able to carry: 10 items
Chance of being poisoned: 50%
Chance of absorbing radiation: 75%
Reaction Adjustment: 0
Exp bonus: 0%
Luckyness: 50%
Melée Attack Bonus: 50%
Ranged Attack Bonus: 50%
Critical chance: 20%

A point in Strength allows you to carry 2 more items, and an extra 5% to Melee Attack Bonus.

A point in Perception brings your accuracy down by 1.

A point in Endurance gives you an extra 20 health, decreases your chance to be poisoned by 10%, and your chance to be Irradiated by 5%.

A point in Charisma increases your Reaction Adjustment by 1 point.

A point in Intellegence gives you an extra 5% bonus to Exp.

A point in Agility increases your Ranged Damage Bonus and Dodge by 5%.

A point in Luck increases your luckyness by 5% and your Critical chance by 4%.

How damage is done:
Whenever you do an attack, an imaginary D20 is rolled. The enemy's AC is minused from your Accuracy. The result of this is your Attack Chance. If the D20's roll is equal to or is higher than the Attack Chance, your attack hits. If not, it misses. Your damage is then the damage of the weapon, then you add the bonus damage. Say your weapon deals 30 damage. And you have a Melee Attack Bonus of 50%. So the problem would be:
Damage = [weapon damage] + [weapon damage X (Proper attack bonus) / 100]
Then a dpercentile is rolled and if it is equal to or is lower then your critical chance, you deal 2Xdamage.

Basic Loadout screen in the beginning is your character. You choose what he looks like and his stats. You have a set amount of points though. And you can add and remove points from stats up to a max of 10 points in a stat and a min of 1 point in a stat. You also choose a class here as well, which decides your whole battle tree.

Class Ideas:

Structure Manipulator:
The radiation left your body pulsating with strange powers which allows you to destroy structures and even set the air on fire.
Beginning attacks:
Fireball
Frost
Inventory:
Cloths
Pole
$20

Physical Massacarer:
The radiation changed your body, gave you a taste for war. You find you know things that make your a better fighter.
Starting Powers:
Great Smash
Large Swing
Inventory:
Cloths
Lead Pipe
$20

Accurate Decapitator:
The radiation did things to your muscles and eyes. You find you can see furthur and your muscles know how to string a bow and handle a gun.
Starting powers:
Eagle Eyes
Triple Shot
Inventory:
Cloths
Slingshot
30 Slingshot Rocks
$20

More to come later. This could actually make a great class system in my mind, and I'm not asking anyone to make this. Again, anyone may take these ideas and use them, I really don't mind and if you want to give me credit as an inspiration would be a kindness you don't have to give. Next up is what a story could be like.

Mindfreak
2011-06-17, 06:22 PM
This is my idea for a game:

The story:
There was a nuke accidently detonated underneath a city called Kingdom City. This destroyed buildings, knocked down bridges, and irradiated all of Kingdom City. This turned animals and humans into Mutated Beings. Giving them strange abilities. This story follows a person who wants to change the city. This 'Hero' may be a hero or a villian. Only time will tell. You travel through the city, making it either your own kingdom or help make it safe for the people again. Yes this is a bit like what you do in some games. Bosses could be things like a Mutated Lion or a crazed powerful Mutated freak.

Buildings: Despite what happened, people still buy and trade things, using the dollar bills the had before the nuke went off. There is the hero's pad, where he keeps all of his stuff and even his women.

Allies?: if this were ever to be made into a consol game, I would think it would be a great idea to be able to play online with your friends. Like in a party. But along the way in Solo mode, you can attract followers who help you in certain missions.

Ending?: Probably would end with you making the city your own kingdom, and locking it away from the world. Or liberating it from those who would do it harm and lift the quarentine.

And that is all I wrote. If you need more if you want to make a game from this, I can fill in blanks. It would be nice if this became a game, but I am not asking anyone to make it into a game. I will now take questions, comments, and compliments if you have them.

Maxios
2011-06-18, 05:10 PM
If you need someone to make concept art that's OOTs style, I'd be more then willing to make it for you :smallcool:

Mindfreak
2011-06-18, 05:21 PM
If you need someone to make concept art that's OOTs style, I'd be more then willing to make it for you :smallcool:

You misunderstand me. I am not asking for anything. I'm just posting my idea because it has been rattling around in my brain for far too long. I felt it should see the light of day.

Maxios
2011-06-18, 05:30 PM
You misunderstand me. I am not asking for anything. I'm just posting my idea because it has been rattling around in my brain for far too long. I felt it should see the light of day.

Ah. It is a pretty good idea, by the way.

Mindfreak
2011-06-18, 05:46 PM
Ah. It is a pretty good idea, by the way.

Thanks. Though part of the scenario(such as helping/hurting the city and that there is a quarntine) is like inFamous.

Maxios
2011-06-18, 05:51 PM
Thanks. Though part of the scenario(such as helping/hurting the city and that there is a quarntine) is like inFamous.

That's probably why I like it. InFamous is one of my favorite videogames :amused:

Mindfreak
2011-06-18, 05:56 PM
That's probably why I like it. InFamous is one of my favorite videogames :amused:

It does rock pretty hard. Though it is offtopic, I'm getting inFamous 2. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and don't give up on your Armor of Power idea.

Maxios
2011-06-18, 06:05 PM
It does rock pretty hard. Though it is offtopic, I'm getting inFamous 2. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and don't give up on your Armor of Power idea.

I played the demo, and it's AWESOME :smallbiggrin:

I'm not giving up. I have a bunch of really good ideas for it, ideas that have never been done before. I have an idea for a game in the same universe called Powerful, and I can honestly say I've never heard of a game, comic, or movie with a plot like it.