ExemplarofAvg
2011-06-19, 11:25 AM
Strength- 17
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 14
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 14

I had my players do an online stat decider by quiz, I thought it would be interesting, to determine their ability scores. One player is unsure of what to be, and so I'm looking to the playground for advice. Those are his scores, let the commenting commence.

mootoall
2011-06-19, 11:31 AM
If these are meant to represent your *players'* scores I'm gonna call BS on that quiz, since it clearly has no perspective on what the stats are meant to mean. Think about it, Brad Pitt is a 15, 16 Cha at most? At any rate, go melee Cleric with that array.

Yuki Akuma
2011-06-19, 11:33 AM
Is your friend some sort of superhero or something? Those stats are ridiculously high.

And second melee Cleric.

Amnestic
2011-06-19, 11:37 AM
If these are meant to represent your *players'* scores I'm gonna call BS on that quiz, since it clearly has no perspective on what the stats are meant to mean. Think about it, Brad Pitt is a 15, 16 Cha at most? At any rate, go melee Cleric with that array.

Charisma is more than attractiveness and likeability.

But yeah, I'll third melee cleric.

Orsen
2011-06-19, 11:37 AM
Those are a lot of good scores. Maybe Psychic Warrior? I think the have heavy armor prof. (meaning low dex hardly matters for AC) and use wisdom to manifest (double checked, it's true). Also, even if wisdom isn't the highest score, Druid could work well from those stats as well. Maybe an Elf Druid to up that dex a little bit (although no one likes to loss out on con).

Joseph Silver
2011-06-19, 11:39 AM
Everyone knows those stats are perfect for a half-orc truenamer/monk/samurai.
IT'S A TRAP!!!

mootoall
2011-06-19, 11:40 AM
Charisma is more than attractiveness and likeability. Including strength of personality, persuasiveness, etc. So replace Brad Pitt with Bono. Still around a 16 at most. :smalltongue:

ExemplarofAvg
2011-06-19, 12:01 PM
Take it yourself if you'd like.
http://easydamus.com/character.html

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-19, 12:04 PM
I know that those ability scores come out higher because of "adventurer" status. I took the full 129 question quiz for race, class, and ability scores.

However, I think you'd friend might've been a little generous when answering those questions.

ExemplarofAvg
2011-06-19, 12:09 PM
I am aware that this does not do a direct translate, and I am aware that people will fudge results. But this is for fun and DnD. nothing has to be serious or complex about it.

Godskook
2011-06-19, 12:20 PM
He could make any non-dex class work with that array, honestly

AnonymousD&Der
2011-06-19, 12:20 PM
Lets see... High Strength? Melee Attacks.

Low Dex? Heavy Armor.

High Constitution? Tankish.

High Int? Cross Class Skills.

High Wisdom? Spells.

High Charisma? Turn Undead.

Yeah, your friend has -NO- reason to not be a Melee Cleric.

big teej
2011-06-19, 12:22 PM
Strength- 17
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 14
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 14

I had my players do an online stat decider by quiz, I thought it would be interesting, to determine their ability scores. One player is unsure of what to be, and so I'm looking to the playground for advice. Those are his scores, let the commenting commence.

just looking at the statblock, I saw two things
Knight
Paladin

he can really do whatever he wants with that statblock provided dex doesn't weigh to heavily into it

Gnome Alone
2011-06-19, 12:47 PM
I am aware that this does not do a direct translate, and I am aware that people will fudge results. But this is for fun and DnD. nothing has to be serious or complex about it.

Yeah. I'm a bit amused at the moral outrage at these highish stats generated by an internet quiz. I mean, they're good, but it's not that much different than getting lucky and rolling well for them.

My problem with that quiz is that the questions have so little middle ground.

For example, one from the actual quiz:

When it comes to hand-eye coordination,
*I'm horrible at video games.
*I could be an Olympic marksman.
*I'm about average.
*I can juggle well.

Well, I'm a godsdamn idiot-savant when it comes to video games, and I have pretty good hand-eye coordination overall, but I can sort of juggle two balls, on a good day. So I tend to pick "I can juggle well" even though I can barely juggle at all, because I feel like saying "Me average" would be selling myself short.

And, here's me making fun of the quiz:

Pick one:
*I am the worst cobbler ever.
*I am a slightly below average cobbler.
*I rank among the top three cobblers now alive.
*I am the greatest cobbler now living, who has ever lived, and will ever live, in perpetuity throughout the universe.

And, suppose you actually are just an above average cobbler - what is one to pick? You could be fake humble and select 2, or you could be fake self-aggrandizing and select 3. So, I think that's part of why people end up with high scores on that quiz - it even encourages you to err on the side of calling yourself awesome.

Finally, yeah, melee cleric.

Hand_of_Vecna
2011-06-19, 03:20 PM
Ya the quiz is really jacked up. I got like a 46 point buy. But ya any number of melee cleric builds are the way to go with that stat block.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-19, 06:42 PM
That quiz is hilariously inaccurate. 4th level human druid, Neutral Good.

Strength- 14
Dexterity- 8
Constitution- 16
Intelligence- 17
Wisdom- 19
Charisma- 18

They got the Dexterity score right, and maybe Strength. Everything else needs to be knocked down 2 points at the very least. Gnome Alone's analysis is fairly spot-on.

Still, I look at my stat distribution and wonder: "Could I pull off an arcane hierophant?"

mootoall
2011-06-19, 08:19 PM
That quiz is hilariously inaccurate. 4th level human druid, Neutral Good.

Strength- 14
Dexterity- 8
Constitution- 16
Intelligence- 17
Wisdom- 19
Charisma- 18

They got the Dexterity score right, and maybe Strength. Everything else needs to be knocked down 2 points at the very least. Gnome Alone's analysis is fairly spot-on.

Still, I look at my stat distribution and wonder: "Could I pull off an arcane hierophant?"

Not to mention: How the hell did your Wis get over 18? Did they distribute your 4th level bonus point for you? :smalltongue:

Lord Ruby34
2011-06-19, 09:16 PM
Heh, I took the quiz twice, erring on humility one time and erring mostly on awesome on the other. The first one's in my signature, and the second one is about one to two points higher in everything. And makes me neutral good instead of lawful good. By about one point.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-20, 07:01 AM
Not to mention: How the hell did your Wis get over 18? Did they distribute your 4th level bonus point for you? :smalltongue:

Obviously! I'm a druid, after all. :smallamused:

EDIT: I'd have put it on Intelligence, myself. More skill points in the long run and it's not like I desperately need the Wisdom.