PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Killer

JackRackham
2011-06-22, 12:07 AM
This is another prestige class for a character in my campaign. It's intended to mimic the abilities of Clint Eastwood's character, the "Man With No Name," from the Spaghetti Westerns. It may be OP for a PC class (compared to other non-casters...maybe w/ the exception of martial adepts).

Bounty Killer

D10. Full BAB. Good Fort. Good Ref. Poor Will. 6 skill points/lvl.

Class Skills - Balance, Bluff, Climb, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Info, Handle Animal, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Geography), Knowledge (Local), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Profession (Gambler), Ride, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Survival, Swim, Use Rope.

Proficient only w/ firearms, daggers, light armor.

(I haven't named some of these abilities)

1. Reload as move Action, Evasion, Rapid Fire +1*
2. Add INT to attack bonus w/ firearms, Uncanny Dodge, Deadly Aim +1**
3. May move and take full attack, Add Sense Motive to Initiative
4. Add DEX to dmg w/ firearms, Use pistols in melee w/o provoking attacks of opportunity, Rapid Fire +2
5. Threatens 15ft radius w/ pistol, Fire from prone at no penalty, Deadly Aim +2
6. Add INT to dmg w/ firearms, use firearms to disarm w/ no penalty to attack
7. Range increments increase (rifles 60ft, pistols 20ft), add WIS to attack bonus, Rapid Fire +3
8. May attack limbs at no penalty for ½ dmg to cripple opponent***, Imp. Evasion, Deadly Aim +3
9. Reload as free action, Improved Uncanny Dodge
10. Replace Will Save w/ Sense Motive Check, Rapid Fire +4

* Every 3 lvls starting at lvl 1, the Bounty Killer gains an extra attack per round at full attack bonus, but takes a -2 on all attacks (1x/encounter)
**Every 3 lvls starting at lvl 2, the Bounty Killer does an extra 1 dmg on a successful attack w/ a rifle, due to his exceptional aim
***Attacks below belt reduce movement speed by half, hands and arms may impose penalties to attack or even render subject unable to weild a weapon, @DM’s discretion

al'raith
2011-06-22, 12:55 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124688
first off put it all into tables using the link you'll get a lot more feedback

JackRackham
2011-06-22, 09:17 PM
This isn't really helpful, since I know how to use tables, but cannot make a table with any of the software on my computer and this link does not lead to any type of usable, editable table. Thanks though.

Debihuman
2011-06-26, 01:32 PM
Jack, the tables are in the first post in the Guide to Homebrewing. You may have to search through the exact table you want. The tables are different for spellcasting classes vs. non-spellcasting class and for prestige classes.

You should probably read that post thoroughly as it as a lot of useful information.

Debby