PDA

View Full Version : Invitation to Adventure IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-22, 06:35 PM
It all started with a letter, (yes, a letter) an invitation really, for the adventure of a lifetime. You all accepted, writing down the answers to some minor questions. Just so happens that you went to bed at home and woke up in a clearing changed into your prefered D&D character representations of yourself!

The clearing is rather small, with mainly maple and oak trees surrounding you, with enough to fit you and move around some but not much more. Several trails of smoke rise from the distance indicating a town or village of some sort. Other than that, all you see is the woods.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 06:48 PM
I wake up and look around.

This isn't my bed, or my room. And why does my voice sound funny? And my body.....

I look at myself noticing the claws and the wings which don't seem to be able to keep me afloat yet, and the weird way my mouth is moving, and just the general weirdness of it all.

Am...Am I a Silver dragon? I ask.

Benson
2011-06-22, 06:52 PM
Hepmare

"Oh bah....where am I? I should not have drunk that pina colada," A talking candy colored pony murmurs. Wait. A talking candy colored unicorn pony? Wait...I'm the talking candy colored unicorn pony!

I sit bewildered at my lack of fingers, confused with a hangover and an urge to eat hay.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 06:56 PM
I just look at the pony, even more bewildered of her than of myself. At least at the moment.

Okay, I have to be dreaming, because right now I see Rarity Hepburn. Somebody kick me and wake me up before this gets weird. I say.

I then pause for a bit before saying

Never mind. This is already weird. Somebody wake me up before it gets weirder.

Trobby
2011-06-22, 06:57 PM
Trobby Mage

*THUMP!*

Is the sound that is made as Trobby awakens. For he was hapless enough to be sleeping in a branch when he awoke. And, rolling over, he finds himself now facing the forest floor.

"M'okay..." He says, pulling himself up and rubbing his arms. He tugs on the fabric, finding it to be...firmer...more travel-ready than sleepwear.

Did I fall asleep in my clothes? he wonders internally, before looking up at the tree that was his former resting place. ...And...outside? He continues to wonder, before turning over and observing the magnificent pony and dragon before him. ...Oh... "Oh..." He says aloud, looking at them with wild eyes as the brown hood of his cloak falls back. "Um...hello?"

Hawkflight
2011-06-22, 06:58 PM
I jolted awake, feeling something was wrong. My eyes opened, and I glanced around. I felt ... odd. I tried to get to my feet ... and immediately fell to all fours.

"What the...." I muttered, then jolted when I realized the voice wasn't my own. For one thing, it was a female voice. I looked myself over ... I was a cat. A black cat. A black female cat. Huh. I was more concerned with the fact that I suddenly seemed to be in a clearing in the middle of the woods. I was looking in the wrong direction, so I didn't see the others yet.

"What's going on....?" I muttered.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-22, 07:03 PM
"Mmm... too early..." I groan loudly, rolling over, my tail slowly moving about, my wings cramped against the ground, and-
"WAIT WHAT?"
Lookaroundlookaround!
I look down.

V_V
OO
8D
"Omigodomigodomigodomigod!"

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 07:08 PM
I look at everybody else in the clearing and say Okay this is too weird somebody...

I stop talking when I finally process the voice I have.

...I'm a Silver Dragon and....Am I a girl too?

I look over myself and try to get used to my new form.

Okay, this new form is awkward, but I take it back. Nobody wake me up. I comically fall down a few times before sort of getting the hang of it.

Being a Quadraped is hard.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-22, 07:14 PM
"Heeeeeeeee!" I'm enjoying myself, slithering about a little, and giggling inanely.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 07:18 PM
After getting tired of comically falling to the ground a few times, I say Screw this. and concentrate. ABout 6 seconds later, the Silver Dragon is gone, and this girl is standing in its place. Although with slightly more practical clothing.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb443/Zernobog888/princessgarnet00.jpg

I then start jumping for joy.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!

I have a giant grin on my face.

I'm a girl! Yes!

Benson
2011-06-22, 07:19 PM
"You're preaching to the choir....I'm a pony....a PONY....a CARTOON PONY," I try to stand up, wobbling obviously. I should be more surprised by the silver dragon right there but for some reason I can't be. I fall to the ground.

"Hot drats...why the hay am I pony?..wait did I just 'hay' in place of 'he---'...what the...I can't say it...I can't curse....," I sit there...discombobulated looking around my surroundings trying to assess the situation. This is just a dream, obviously, why else would I be a pony. This is silly.

I look and notice the silver dragon poof into a girl...a small framed girl with a big...rack. I avert my eyes.

Trobby
2011-06-22, 07:20 PM
Trobby blinks a few times, looking at the antics of the dragon and lilliend...wait...that's what it is, right? It's something like that anyway...

In any case, he looks over to the pony, tilting his head. "Rarity? Er...do you know if dragons and liliends always act like this?"

Hawkflight
2011-06-22, 07:23 PM
Soft wasn't the only one having trouble. I myself was a cat, though I didn't have awkward wings like she did. I finally noticed everyone else was there, and tried to leap to my feat ... only to fall forward and trip over myself. Concentrating, I managed to get all four legs under myself and step backwards, observing.

One of the things that was hard to get used to about being a cat was my size. Everyone seemed to tower over me, only adding to my nerves.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-22, 07:23 PM
The Lillend manages to stop bouncing around like Twilight after a flashback long enough to stare at the only actual human.
"Wait! Waitwaitwait..."
She stares at him, and then comes to a conclusion.
"...TROBBY!"

FLYING TACKLEGLOMP.

Benson
2011-06-22, 07:26 PM
Hepmare

Rarity? I look at myself. Err. I do almost resemble her. Hauh. I shake my head. I find myself liking the way my mane feels. Err.

"I...don't think so. Wait...do I know you?" I look at the human, completely and utterly perplexed.

Then I play witness to a tackle glomp. Ouch.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 07:32 PM
The Lillend manages to stop bouncing around like Twilight after a flashback long enough to stare at the only actual human.
"Wait! Waitwaitwait..."
"...TROBBY!"

FLYING TACKLEGLOMP.

Wait what? Trobby? As in Introbulus? From the Giant in the Playground forums?

Wait what? Trobby? As in Introbulus? From the Giant in the Playground forums? I ask out loud.

Hawkflight
2011-06-22, 07:32 PM
'Trobby'? The name sounded familiar to me, but ... no, it couldn't be. Could it? Right now I was willing to believe anything. It was all or nothing. I rubbed my eyes with a paw, still a little tired, and padded over to the dragon-turned-girl.

"Soft?" I asked.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 07:38 PM
'Trobby'? The name sounded familiar to me, but ... no, it couldn't be. Could it? Right now I was willing to believe anything. It was all or nothing. I rubbed my eyes with a paw, still a little tired, and padded over to the dragon-turned-girl.

"Soft?" I asked.

Kitty!

I pick up the kitty and hug it happily. I then comprehend what just happened.

Did...Did you just talk? And how do you know me from Giant in the Playground? I ask looking at her quizzically.

Hawkflight
2011-06-22, 07:41 PM
I squeaked as Soft picked me up and hugged me. "B-Because it's me," I said. "Hawkflight," I added to clarify.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 07:43 PM
I squeaked as Soft picked me up and hugged me. "B-Because it's me," I said. "Hawkflight," I added to clarify.

I hug you tighter and say Okay, so Trobby, Hawkflight, who else is here? I ask looking around.

Benson
2011-06-22, 07:50 PM
Hepmare

I stand up being careful with each step, walking on all hooves...I mean fours is not easy. It takes me a while to notice the pretty kick flank coat I'm wearing. Cool. I look over at a distance at the others, an air of familiarity and yet a metaphorical distance I have with them. Hauh.

Then the cat makes mention of a name. Hawkflight. Nah, couldn't be.

Hawkflight
2011-06-22, 07:53 PM
I squeaked again as, instead of setting me down, Soft just hugged me tighter. Resigning myself to my fate (:smalltongue:), I looked around, trying to make sense of everything.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 07:59 PM
I let go of Hawkflight and turn back into a Dragon.

I should get used to this if I'm a dragon now. Hugs can come later. I continue to walk but not very well.

I'm getting the hang of it anyway. I say, getting better anyway. I make a passable excuse for a dragon.

Oh, if I'm going to be a girl now, I guess I should have a girl's name. Well, Lix called me Rebecca so I'm going to just go with that. I say out loud.

Benson
2011-06-22, 08:05 PM
I watch the dragon girl or whatever who is apparently now named Rebecca turn back into a dragon. That's vaguely familiar, as if though I've seen it on the internet with those I spoke of. Wait. It dawned upon, in which I facehooved.

"Hey nerds, I'm going to get this out of the way. I'm Benson." I announce to them, better than silly guessing games.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-22, 08:06 PM
I perk my head up from cuddling Trobby.
"Wait Ky-So-...Becca?!" I say, astounded, with two false starts.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 08:11 PM
I watch the dragon girl or whatever who is apparently now named Rebecca turn back into a dragon. That's vaguely familiar, as if though I've seen it on the internet with those I spoke of. Wait. It dawned upon, in which I facehooved.

"Hey nerds, I'm going to get this out of the way. I'm Benson." I announce to them, better than silly guessing games.

No, I'm pretty sure you're rarity Hepburn. I say Jokingly.

I perk my head up from cuddling Trobby.
"Wait Ky-So-...Becca?!" I say, astounded, with two false starts.

Yes? I ask still not quite sure who the Lillend is, although I have my suspicions. Lix?

Trobby
2011-06-22, 08:12 PM
"Wait! Waitwaitwait..."
"...TROBBY!"

FLYING TACKLEGLOMP.

Wait what? Trobby? As in Introbulus? From the Giant in the Playground forums?

Wait what? Trobby? As in Introbulus? From the Giant in the Playground forums? I ask out loud.

"Soft?" I asked.

"...Oh...Hi Lix." I say quite finally, after a few minutes of being pinned down by a serpentine woman. "Heh...I guess going across the pond isn't necessary anymore, is it?"

Benson
2011-06-22, 08:15 PM
No, I'm pretty sure you're rarity Hepburn. I say Jokingly.

I glower at Rebecca and glance off to the side. "I don't want to talk about my uh....current state." I flush at the fact that I'm a fashionable pony with a fabulous coif.

Hawkflight
2011-06-22, 08:16 PM
I hopped to the ground as Soft let me go, stumbling and falling over as I hit the group. "Ugh, careful," I complained. I was now fully awake, and began to take account of my surroundings. I noticed a half-orc passed out on the ground.

"So, who's he?" I asked.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-22, 08:17 PM
"...Oh...Hi Lix." I say quite finally, after a few minutes of being pinned down by a serpentine woman. "Heh...I guess going across the pond isn't necessary anymore, is it?"

Yes? I ask still not quite sure who the Lillend is, although I have my suspicions. Lix?
Gaaaaaaaasp!
I have a long tail. This allows me to manage to cuddle you BOTH somehow!

Trobby
2011-06-22, 08:22 PM
This puts me in close proximity to Rebecca.

...And produces a blushy-faced Trobby.

"So um..." I start, looking up at her. "Do I still call you Becca? Eheh..."

Lycan 01
2011-06-22, 08:32 PM
"I hear its totally rad when the purple flap-jawed worm does a flying dropkick off hari-kiri rock..."

"I need scissors. 61..."

These are the groggy mutterings of the slumbering Half-Orc sprawled out in the middle of the clearing. He is clad in the garb of a swashbuckler: black boots, black trousers, a chain-mail shirt, and then a puffy white shirt and brown leather vest over the light armor. Build wise, he looks to be average height, and is rather lean with a bit of muscle. Appearance wise, he has shaggy black hair, olive-tone skin, and is unnaturally attractive for a Half-Orc. In fact, apart from the small tusks jutting from his lips like inverted fangs, his looks are quite dashing. Next to the ground beside him is a large leather backpack, and a pair of fencing rapiers, of which has a much more ornate and engraved hilt.

"I have a lovely bunch of coconuts, doo dee dee doot..." he begins to blearily sing in his sleep, "And I don't know the rest of the worrrrrrds..."

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 08:34 PM
This puts me in close proximity to Rebecca.

...And produces a blushy-faced Trobby.

"So um..." I start, looking up at her. "Do I still call you Becca? Eheh..."

I see no reason why not. I say currently being squished by Lix's tail.

I'm so happy to finally meet all of you guys. And glad I won't have to go all the way to England to....Wait.

I pause for a moment and ask Does this mean you and I are going on a date Lix?

Lix Lorn
2011-06-22, 08:36 PM
I see no reason why not. I say currently being squished by Lix's tail.

I'm so happy to finally meet all of you guys. And glad I won't have to go all the way to England to....Wait.

I pause for a moment and ask Does this mean you and I are going on a date Lix?
"That waaaaas the agreement." I say, happily cuddling you both as muchly as I can.

Hawkflight
2011-06-22, 08:37 PM
I stared at the sleeping half-orc for a second. I had a suspicion I knew who it was, but I couldn't be sure. I was going to wait for someone else to wake him up, but the rest of them seemed ... somewhat occupied. For a brief moment, despite my confusion and the oddness of the situation, I felt a little like an outsider looking in. I shook these thoughts away, focusing on the task at hand. I shook the half-orc awake.

"Lycan?" I prompted him.

Trobby
2011-06-22, 08:39 PM
"...Lix, it should probably surprise me more...but it doesn't...that you had this agreement."

Trobby grins though, opening up his arms.

"That being the case though...you owe me a proper hug. With your arms and everything."

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 08:41 PM
"That waaaaas the agreement." I say, happily cuddling you both as muchly as I can.

Okay. Just FYI, despite me joking about things like threesomes we are not doing that. No threesomes, foursomes, or anything like that. Ever. I say sternly.

Also, could you please let me go? I need to get used to being a dragon. I say.

Lycan 01
2011-06-22, 08:43 PM
The Half-Orc slowly opens his chocolate-brown eyes. Half-asleep, he grins in a goofy fashion at the cat shaking him awake. "Why hello thar kittyyyyy. Why are you shaking meeeeee? Better question... Howwww are you shaking meeeee?" he croons, eyes half-lidded.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-22, 08:47 PM
Okay. Just FYI, despite me joking about things like threesomes we are not doing that. No threesomes, foursomes, or anything like that. Ever. I say sternly.

Also, could you please let me go? I need to get used to being a dragon. I say.
"Not even with Trobby? He's totally cute and like the sweetest guy ever." I say, puppy eye-ing as I let go and cuddle him. Tightly.

Trobby
2011-06-22, 08:50 PM
"..."I blush immensely. "Th-thanks Lixy...hey, how come all of you guys are cats and dragons and ponies and stuff anyway? Why am I the only one here who is a human?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-22, 08:52 PM
Suddenly...

"Hello everybody!" A shout rings through the clearing right before a crashing sound as someone falls from the tree directly over everyone landing face first in the ground, "Ow," He pulls his head free and you see a man with long black hair pulled into a braid, one blue eye, one red eye, and incredibly pale skin wearing a straight jacket and a giant, crimson and black scythe on his back.

"Yo, i guess you got my invitations then!" He says with a grin, revealing vampire-like fangs, though he's standing right in the sun so no vampire. "I'll be your dungeon master this session, if you have any questions please ask them now so i may make notes as we go along, and find the best ways to tor- i mean help you," his grin grows even larger as a piece of paper, a quill, and a bottle of ink appear in midair and get ready to write.

Trobby
2011-06-22, 08:56 PM
"...Okay, I'll bite. My question to you is, who are you, how did we get here, and what did you do to us to make us this way? Well...most of us this way...I still appear to be myself."

Benson
2011-06-22, 08:57 PM
I look over at the new...person...or whatever.

"I have a question random person who just appeared here from the trees," I stare at the new strange fellow. "How did we get here? And...do I have to be a pony? I was only joking when I filled out that survey." I gulp.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-22, 08:58 PM
"..."I blush immensely. "Th-thanks Lixy...hey, how come all of you guys are cats and dragons and ponies and stuff anyway? Why am I the only one here who is a human?"
"Probably because you're comfortable with how you are." I say, in one of my rare flashes of insight.

Suddenly...

"Hello everybody!" A shout rings through the clearing right before a crashing sound as someone falls from the tree directly over everyone landing face first in the ground, "Ow," He pulls his head free and you see a man with long black hair pulled into a braid, one blue eye, one red eye, and incredibly pale skin wearing a straight jacket and a giant, crimson and black scythe on his back.

"Yo, i guess you got my invitations then!" He says with a grin, revealing vampire-like fangs, though he's standing right in the sun so no vampire. "I'll be your dungeon master this session, if you have any questions please ask them now so i may make notes as we go along, and find the best ways to tor- i mean help you," his grin grows even larger as a piece of paper, a quill, and a bottle of ink appear in midair and get ready to write.
"Oooh! Does this mean I get all the cool stuff I said?" I say excitedly.

Hawkflight
2011-06-22, 09:06 PM
I sighed, getting tired of doing this the easy way. Granted, it was kind of fun being a cat, and pretty fun being female, but waking up in a different body in a different place was something that was going to take some getting used to.

I closed my eyes and focused, feeling myself change. A few seconds later, I stood up on two legs and examined myself. I still had fur, cat ears, and a tail, but at least I now had a bipedal stance. Also ... female parts. Which were thankfully covered by what could be best described as a sports bra and panties, and a fairly dress-like tunic. I shook Lycan more firmly. "Hey Lycan!" I barked.

It was then that the stranger arrived. I refrained from jumping, but my tail puffed up and my hackles raised in surprised. I calmed myself down and turned towards him.

"I have a question," I said, still a little surprised at my voice. "Wow. Female voice. That's going to take some getting used to. Anyways, question: When this is all over, will any time have passed where we're from?"

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 09:15 PM
"Not even with Trobby? He's totally cute and like the sweetest guy ever." I say, puppy eye-ing as I let go and cuddle him. Tightly.

One. No, not even with Trobby, no matter how nice he is. Two. He is a guy, and therefore not a valid partner for me anyway. Three. I don't care if you have it on one of your spell lists. Reverse Gender does not make him a valid partner.

Suddenly...

I have a rather important question. Short of raise dead, resurrection and such, what happens if we die?

Lycan 01
2011-06-22, 09:26 PM
"AHCATPERSONWHAT?!" the Half-Orc suddenly yelps, jumping slightly as he becomes fully awake. He looks over the black-furred catgirl, trying to figure out who or what she was. "Um... Yeah, I go by Lycan sometimes. How'd you know? Who are you? And why's my voice sound all gruff?" he quirks an eyebrow.

Then the vampire-lunatic-person-thingy shows up. The Half-Orc quickly sits up, his expression one of confusion and concern. "Ummmm... Wut?"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-22, 09:30 PM
One. No, not even with Trobby, no matter how nice he is. Two. He is a guy, and therefore not a valid partner for me anyway. Three. I don't care if you have it on one of your spell lists. Reverse Gender does not make him a valid partner.
She sighs sadly and melodramatically, clearly not actually upset. "Spoilsport."

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-22, 09:40 PM
"Okay! In order," he turns to Trobby, "Call me Edro, i'm what happens when his imagination runs wild, the invitations i sent to you transported you here, and everyone chose what they'd be with the invitations," he turns to Benson, "answered the first one already and you filled out the survey, even if you were joking," he turns to Lix "You should already have everything you asked for in the invitations," he turns to Hawk, "Nope!" he turns to Soft, "I did not think of that, to be honest," he turns to Lycan, "He/she knows you IRL, he/she is called Hawkflight online, you're a half-orc here, and..." he repeats everything that's been said prior to lycan saying 'what' including changing voices to precisely match the people who said them. A large grin and insane glint in his eyes remains the entire time.

Lycan 01
2011-06-22, 09:44 PM
The Half-Orc listens to Edro, slack-jawed and silent. Finally, after the Dungeon Master is done talking, he leans back down and lets out a deep sigh. "So I'm trapped in a game of Dungeons and Dragons... with a bunch of my online friends... as Balthus Giggleberry." After a moment of silently staring at the sky, he adds: "I don't know if I should panic, or party..."

Trobby
2011-06-22, 09:46 PM
"...So wait...you mean to tell me I can do 'super cool magic' now? As in, verbatim that is what I can do?"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-22, 09:48 PM
"AWESOME!" cheers me.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-22, 09:50 PM
"The second's more fun, so's insanity but that's beside the point," he says grinning. "You should have it in your heads what you can do right now, though you'll still have to get used to using everything."

Hawkflight
2011-06-22, 09:54 PM
I was about to respond to Lycan, when our self-proclaimed DM answered for me. I was relieved to hear that no time would pass in the real world, so my friends and family wouldn't worry about me.

"Okay, this is kinda cool," I admitted, beginning to be happy to be in my 'preferred form'. At that moment, a large short-furred husky approached me, black and white in a pattern I instantly recognized. It was a form I'd slept next to a plush version of for over twenty years.

"Blizzard?!" I said disbelievingly. He barked, and I saw he was carrying a bag with the supplies I'd specified in the invitation. I relieved him of the bag, then hugged and petted him.

I turned my attention to the DM, one question still bothering me. "But ... why?" I asked. "I mean, this is pretty cool, but why did you bring us here?"

Trobby
2011-06-22, 09:58 PM
"You...you have your dog with you?"

Trobby blinks, eyes going wide in realization.

"But....but that means..."

He look over to the tree from which I'd fallen out of, and sure enough, sitting there at the base of the tree and sound asleep is a small, orange-furred beagle.

For a moment, Trobby just looks at the dog, as if making sure it's real. Walking over, leaning down, and stroking the dog's fur. He wakes up, looking up at Trobby with big brown loving eyes, and all at once his master smiles,and wraps both arms around his beloved pet.

He's crying now, crying and smiling and holding that dog as tight and close as he can.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-22, 10:04 PM
He shrugs, which looks odd with him in a straight jacket, "laughs. And yes, i'm insane, no i'm not evil otherwise i would have left you here to suffer on your own and gave you the choice of five items to bring along. And 'Blizzard' was the hardest part of transporting you all here, needed to make sure you wouldn't lose him if he died or you need a new animal companion. Plus i like dogs," he then swings his neck causing the scythe on his back to swing with it and land on the ground and causing one pedestal to erupt from the ground for each of you, "your character sheets, they'll update as you do."

Hawkflight
2011-06-22, 10:06 PM
I was distracted by Intro's heartwarming reunion with his dog. I walked over to them, smiling as I knelt down to their level.

"He's cute," I said, my immense love of cute things coming to the surface. I kept one eye on the DM and my ears open.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 10:08 PM
So wait, you both have dogs as either animal companions or familiars so does that mean....

I suddenly feel something slithering around my neck and a hissing.

....Do I have a cobra coiled around my neck? I ask not moving. Which is unfortunate because now a Sliver is beside me. Sliver scare me. Unless they're friendly in which case they're awesome.

Benson
2011-06-22, 10:25 PM
"Well drats..." I complained learning that I was stuck as a pony. Upon learning what this stranger had told them, I tried to do some magic. I grinned and cast Arcane Mark on my flank. "Hey guys...I got my cutie mark...hahah....errr." I flushed a little at my own comment. The arcane mark itself was that of a dagger with a d4 encrusted hilt.

This was all strange for me but exciting at the same time. I took notice of my saddle bags. I seemed to have failed several perception checks today and looked through. It was rather....empty in terms of gear, I lopsidedly smiled and sighed. I then grabbed my character sheet from the pedestal and looked it over. Boy did I look sucky. Oh well.

Hawkflight
2011-06-22, 10:42 PM
I smiled at Trobby and his puppy. As much as I wanted to pet the puppy, I realized they might need a moment alone together. I stood up and walked back over to the others, looking my character sheet over. I then looked up at Edro, then sat down, hugging Blizzard close.

"So wait, we advance in D&D levels, correct?" I asked. "How? I mean, do further abilities just awaken within us, according to what we practice? How do we determine further classes down the line? And ... what is our goal? Do we have a goal to work towards, or is it entirely sandbox?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-22, 10:46 PM
I smiled at Trobby and his puppy. As much as I wanted to pet the puppy, I realized they might need a moment alone together. I stood up and walked back over to the others, looking my character sheet over. I then looked up at Edro, then sat down, hugging Blizzard close.

"So wait, we advance in D&D levels, correct?" I asked. "How? I mean, do further abilities just awaken within us, according to what we practice? How do we determine further classes down the line?"

"It's all up to you Neko-chan," he chuckles, though if it's at the nickname or what he's about to say you can't be sure, "you'll have to do a lot of practicing," He looks towards the sun and says, "'bout half an hour before i gotta get back in the boss's head again, so we got that long for Q&A"

Mystic Muse
2011-06-22, 10:58 PM
This Sliver and Cobra are the companions on my sheet and not hostile towards me correct? I ask moving as little as feasibly possible.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-22, 11:04 PM
This Sliver and Cobra are the companions on my sheet and not hostile towards me correct? I ask moving as little as feasibly possible.

"Indeed," he says with a Brittish accent. "On another note it was a bitch-and-a-half getting slivers from Magic the Gathering to this world, i don't even have any of their cards so it was even harder. And they don't listen to insanity! Even from Cthulhu itself! I only got them when i taught them the H-Word*"

*Old D&D name for a god of misfortune, anyone saying the god's name was stricken with bad luck and unfortunate events, the more and louder you say it the worse the incident.

Hawkflight
2011-06-22, 11:06 PM
"So, we just wander about until we find something to do?" I asked, just to confirm. I sat there for a few minutes, just hugging Blizzard. My tail twitched ... it still felt weird having a tail. "I wish I had a Coke," I said randomly. Then something occurred to me. "Oh! Is there anything we should know about this place, to avoid committing a social faux pas?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-22, 11:20 PM
"So, we just wander about until we find something to do?" I asked, just to confirm. I sat there for a few minutes, just hugging Blizzard. My tail twitched ... it still felt weird having a tail. "I wish I had a Coke," I said randomly. Then something occurred to me. "Oh! Is there anything we should know about this place, to avoid committing a social faux pas?"

"Glad you asked," he then starts speaking in a Brittish accent once more, "a'right me muckers, this is the world of I'on Kingd'ms, everyone has a Brittish accent 'cept the longears and gobbers, the slang is used everywhere. And you'll be working with clank instead of common magic from your standard games," he stops speaking the way he had and returns to a normal tone, "Clank meaning mechanika, magic mixed with technology. Just so you know, elves hate non-elven mages and actively hunt them, esspecially those that work in mechanika. Also, Neko-chan's laptop, currently in her bag, should have a PDF containing the slang terms. I forget which book at the moment, but i'm sure you'll find it," a cracking noise is heard, "Almost time to go, two more questions before i get forcibly pulled back into the boss's head."

Lycan 01
2011-06-22, 11:54 PM
Balthus continues to stare at the sky. "Huh. Gobbers means Goblins, I assume. What do Orcs sound like, then? Anything I need to know about the stereotypes of Orcs and Half-Orcs in these Iron Kingdoms?"

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 12:16 AM
"Actually, I think that's a good question for all of us," I said, indicating the present company. "The halfling and half-orc are the normal ones. We also have a catgirl, a draconic lillend, a pony, and a dragon. We aren't exactly the most normal bunch."

Benson
2011-06-23, 12:24 AM
"Actually...a nice paint job and I stand in just a little better than most of you if I pretend I'm just some pony mount. Effectively I could make for a good spy if I pretend I'm just some hay-chewing pony mount and don't talk," I elaborate though I know there's a hole in there somewhere.

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 12:37 AM
"Horn," I said, pointing out the flaw in Benson's logic. Most people would recognize it as a unicorn horn, I figured.

Benson
2011-06-23, 12:46 AM
"Put some funky...err...glue....a little bit of duct tape...make it look like I'm a unicorn pony pretending to look like a regular pony who's pretending to be a unicorn pony," I laugh at the absurdity and fall on my back in a fit of giggles.

Trobby
2011-06-23, 08:09 AM
"Heh...I guess there's some benefit to looking normal after all." Trobby grins, one arm still around his faithful companion. "Though...I'm still not totally clear on etiquette when it comes to magic, so I should probably refrain from using too much until we understand more about it."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-23, 08:36 AM
"...what level are normal people in this world?" I ask, cautiously. "I mean, we're... three, was it? And extra yummy gestalt. Are most people just level one, or do we have to be careful in case the kid in the street is an epic caster?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-23, 09:57 AM
"...what level are normal people in this world?" I ask, cautiously. "I mean, we're... three, was it? And extra yummy gestalt. Are most people just level one, or do we have to be careful in case the kid in the street is an epic caster?"

"Hm, most normal people in the next town over are level one, the ones that you hear about from others are generally of a higher level, around your level give or take a level or two. Other towns i won't exactly tell. But if you see anyone with mechanika of any kind expect higher level. However, only a few people in this world are gestalt, i myself am a triple gestalt. Only one person in the next town is gestalt and he's relatively friendly if your on his good side." The cracking sound from earlier gets louder.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-23, 10:59 AM
I continue to move around having finally gotten the hang of my dragon form.

I really need to get names for my companions. I say thinking out loud.

Is there anything we can do to blend in? I ask considering we're not the most inconspicuous group.

Benson
2011-06-23, 11:13 AM
"Hey...how would people here feel about a talking unicorn with a fabulous mane coming up to them to barter for goods or get a drink at the tavern?" I ask, even if it's totally a dumb question.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-23, 11:25 AM
"Hm, most normal people in the next town over are level one, the ones that you hear about from others are generally of a higher level, around your level give or take a level or two. Other towns i won't exactly tell. But if you see anyone with mechanika of any kind expect higher level. However, only a few people in this world are gestalt, i myself am a triple gestalt. Only one person in the next town is gestalt and he's relatively friendly if your on his good side." The cracking sound from earlier gets louder.
"TRIPLE gestalt?" I say in amazement. "...is there anyway I can hack spacetime and get that?"

Trobby
2011-06-23, 11:38 AM
"I um...guess I'd like to know what our purpose is here in this world...in case that isn't obvious.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-23, 11:54 AM
"Yes, no, and i needed some entertainment, plus IK is very rarely played so i wanted to try it out. By the way i'm a warlock/xenotheurge/ozodrin hybrid. Meaning don't do anythign i would or you'll end up in my universe and it would break you. And with that, i'm gone." The crack echoes then shatters as Edro's body falls into a million pieces and is sucked through a black and violet hole that formed above him that seals itself an instant later.

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 01:36 PM
Balthus is still laying on his back, staring at the sky. "He didn't answer my question. What accent am I supposed to speak with? Oh well. I'm sure that if anybody asks, I can pull some BS excuse. I'm a Bard after all. Maybe I can say I'm from Soviet Russia..." he says the last bit in a heavy Russian accent.

The Half-Orc does not notice an small orange form slinking through the grass near him. A few seconds later, while Balthus is staring up at the clouds, he suddenly finds himself staring down the muzzle of something vaguely canine. As his eyes focus on the creature, he realizes that there's a red fox standing over his head, looking down down at him with eager eyes.

"Um... hi?" Balthus arches an eyebrow.

The fox lets out an excited yip. It seems to be quite a cheerful critter, and it looks almost as if its smiling.

"Wait. I'm part Ranger. I put a fox as my animal companion, didn't I?" Balthus asks himself aloud. "Does that make you...?"

The fox licks his nose, then lets out another cheerful yip.

"I'll take that as a yes..." the Bardic Ranger grins.

Trobby
2011-06-23, 01:39 PM
Trobby's beagle starts howling quite loudly as the fox makes his appearance.

"I ah...I think my familiar's instincts are telling him to hunt your fox." Trobby explains, trying to help him calm down.

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 01:40 PM
I simply blinked in confusion as the DM disappeared. "Well, that answered absolutely nothing," I said. Then I turned to Soft.

"So ... you're a girl now. Congrats," I said. It was then that I spotted the fox. "Aww, it's cute! Can I pet it?" I asked eagerly.

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 01:43 PM
Balthus quickly grabs his new pet and hugs the fox to his chest defensively. The fox has as much of a "WTF?" expression as an animal can have. The Half-Orc narrows his eyes at the beagle for a moment, and then smirks. Clearly, he's not genuinely worried. "Aren't familiars supposed to be intelligent? Can't you exert your mental influence over it or something so it doesn't try to eat my awesome new pet?"

Balthus then looks up at the catgirl. "Uh, sure, you can pet him. I don't think I caught your name. Or did I? I'm not sure, I'm having trouble keeping up with all this stuff so suddenly..." he mutters uncertainly.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-23, 01:44 PM
I simply blinked in confusion as the DM disappeared. "Well, that answered absolutely nothing," I said. Then I turned to Soft.

"So ... you're a girl now. Congrats," I said. It was then that I spotted the fox. "Aww, it's cute! Can I pet it?" I asked eagerly.

Yes. Although there's technically nothing preventing me from turning into a guy with my alternate form ability. I pet my sliver. It seems happy at the attention. My snake seems content on just being coiled around my neck.

Hmm. I try out my ice breath in an area where nothing will be harmed. Except maybe the grass.

[roll0]

The grass is now frozen.

Wow. That's awesome.

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 01:46 PM
Balthus quickly grabs his new pet and hugs the fox to his chest defensively. The fox has as much of a "WTF?" expression as an animal can have. The Half-Orc narrows his eyes at the beagle for a moment, and then smirks. Clearly, he's not genuinely worried. "Aren't familiars supposed to be intelligent? Can't you exert your mental influence over it or something so it doesn't try to eat my awesome new pet?"

Balthus then looks up at the catgirl. "Uh, sure, you can pet him. I don't think I caught your name. Or did I? I'm not sure, I'm having trouble keeping up with all this stuff so suddenly..." he mutters uncertainly.

"It's me, Hawkflight," I said, reaching down and petting the fox. I smiled. "The one who bugged you to get Skype? Aka Silvermane, et al?"

Trobby
2011-06-23, 01:52 PM
"Oh...yeah, I could...eheh..."

With a little focus, Sam calms down a bit. Trobby strokes the beagle fondly.

"I guess...I should take stock of what I've got. I asked for 'everything an adventurer could need', but I'm not sure what that means..."

And so Trobby takes stock of his equipment, digging through what appears to be a conventional blue backpack from L.L. Bean, which in fact has far more equipment in it than it should be able to carry.

Inside, he finds a Swiss Army Knife, a Bedroll, Flint and Steel, a Flashlight, a length of rope, two rods with chemical tips that are likely sunrods, Ten canisters containing "trail rations", a set of sunglasses, a sturdy umbrella, a waterskin, a bag containing a DS and some DS games, a bag of dogfood, five sets of clothing, cards and dice, a pouch with various strange items inside, probably spell components, and a set of fine gloves that he puts on. He also finds, around his neck, a wooden symbol of some sort.

"Hmm...I seem pretty well set..."

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 01:53 PM
Balthus stares obliviously at the catgirl while she pets the fox. Finally, he simply says: "Wut?"

He quickly begins to look around, eyes darting amongst the other people near him. "Wait, wait... what? Who? Huh?"

He looks back at Hawkflight with a bemused expression. "Well... Um... Hi!"

Benson
2011-06-23, 01:55 PM
Hepmare

I find myself ignoring their antics, I'd like to say I found it interesting but I'd be fibbing. I instead wandered off not too far getting used to my legs and practicing a gallop lest I need to run away from scary monsters. I knew we should have headed to town, as the more we stayed here in the forest, the more we were inviting a bandit ambush. Bah. Plus, the town was obviously a hub for our adventure.

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 01:56 PM
I was oblivious to the subtext of Lycan's stutterings, as I was at that moment lost in that place one goes when one is petting a cute animal. And I wasn't sure I wanted to get un-lost. So I simply said "Hi!" back.

Trobby
2011-06-23, 02:36 PM
Trobby looks up, noticing Benson's rapid departure, and stands up himself to chase him before he gets too far. His loyal companion follows at his feet.

"Rari-Er, Benson! Wait! Where are you going?!"

Benson
2011-06-23, 02:40 PM
"Uh...nowhere," I reply looking at Trobby. "I was just going to practice galloping....this is my first time being a quadruped and all. I would need more distance for galloping."

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 02:43 PM
I glanced up at Benson briefly.

"We should stay together," I said. "This is an unfamiliar place, we have no idea what there could be around here." Then I went back to petting the fox happily.

Trobby
2011-06-23, 02:43 PM
"Oh...well, don't wander off too far. Even if you are a pony, if someone sees you wandering around on your own, they might mistake you for a lost steed and take you into town. Just be careful, kay?"

Benson
2011-06-23, 02:49 PM
I simply nodded my head at them both making flimsy promises that would likely get broken. 50/50 really. Who would mistake a unicorn pony as one of their own? That just struck me as odd, but hey if folk here really did herd unicorn ponies than my idea for being a spy pony had solid ground to stand on.

I was restless, sitting around playing with animals did not bode with me so I ran around the clearing we were at. Galloping in circles and what not. I was getting the hang of it much to my pleasure.

Trobby
2011-06-23, 02:55 PM
"...Maybe we should go into town though. We can at least figure out more about this world from people who live here."

Benson
2011-06-23, 03:04 PM
I pause long enough to reply. "I agree...we can't expect for the real adventure to just drop into our laps."

Trobby
2011-06-23, 03:06 PM
"I'm tempted to say one of us should scout ahead...but separating would probably be a bad idea, so let's all head into town together, and deal with whatever people have to say about us as a team."

Trobby says this to the entire party, making a gesture for them to come along.

"Let's get going, guys."

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 03:10 PM
I finally stopped petting the fox, and rummaged through my bag. I found an ornate collar, which I put on, and a chain shirt, which I slipped on as well. I then focused, and changed back into a cat. Not only would I have to get used to being a cat, but I would also draw less attention in this form. I hopped up onto Blizzard's back, curling up between his shoulders.

"Lead the way," I said.

((Deadtiming for a bit.))

Lix Lorn
2011-06-23, 03:17 PM
Yes. Although there's technically nothing preventing me from turning into a guy with my alternate form ability. I pet my sliver. It seems happy at the attention. My snake seems content on just being coiled around my neck.

Hmm. I try out my ice breath in an area where nothing will be harmed. Except maybe the grass.

[roll0]

The grass is now frozen.

Wow. That's awesome.
"Hey, I think I have a breath weapon!" I say excitedly, I take a deep breath and open my mouth, long, forked tongue flicking excitedly, and then spit out a fast moving stream of luminous blue gas. It's cloudy, and lit from the inside by occasional flashes.
"...I am SO. AWESOME."

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 03:31 PM
The fox sits back merrily, allowing Hawkflight and Balthus to pet it.

When talk of the town comes up, Balthus sits up, and the Fox bounds off of his chest and back into the grass. "I can head into town and scout around. I'm relatively normal, and if I run into any trouble, I can talk my way out of it. I think I have a high bluff and diplomacy skill..."

The fox suddenly pops back up out of the grass with Balthus' character sheet held in its jaws. "Oh, thanks!" Balthus pats it on the head before taking the sheet and looking it over. The fox makes another cheerful yip. "Yeah, I've got over +10 in both Bluff and Diplomacy. I think I can weasel my way into the town without much trouble, as long as I don't strip naked and demand to see the king..." he observes casually.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-23, 03:33 PM
"Hey, I think I have a breath weapon!" I say excitedly, I take a deep breath and open my mouth, long, forked tongue flicking excitedly, and then spit out a fast moving stream of luminous blue gas. It's cloudy, and lit from the inside by occasional flashes.
"...I am SO. AWESOME."

Finally having gotten used to the new body, I dragon tackle hug Lix.

Yes you are. *Hug*

Lix Lorn
2011-06-23, 03:42 PM
Finally having gotten used to the new body, I dragon tackle hug Lix.

Yes you are. *Hug*
"Dawww! :smallredface: Thanks." hug!

Mystic Muse
2011-06-23, 03:48 PM
"Dawww! :smallredface: Thanks." hug!

You're welcome! I say and then ask So, what do you want to do for our date?

Trobby
2011-06-23, 03:55 PM
"...Um...Lix? Becca? I hate to break the cuteness but um...we're kind of discussing something important, and we need to know if you're coming along or not."

Mystic Muse
2011-06-23, 04:01 PM
"...Um...Lix? Becca? I hate to break the cuteness but um...we're kind of discussing something important, and we need to know if you're coming along or not."

Lycan should go ahead and scout things out, find out how much we'll stand out and such. There's no sense in all of us going if we're all going to be burned at the stake for being too weird. Best to find out whether we need disguises or something or not first. I respond.

Trobby
2011-06-23, 04:03 PM
"...I guess...I mean, we didn't actually ask him if humans are common...for all we know, they won't like us going there."

Benson
2011-06-23, 04:04 PM
"Gah...Lycan..err Balthus take me with you if you go...this cute fest....it burnsssss," I cry out melodramatically not wanting to be around this cute-fest despite being what I am myself.

Trobby
2011-06-23, 04:08 PM
"...Actually..." Trobby says, raising a finger. "I could create the illusion that our less-than-human fellows are full-fledged humans, and then we could all go into town together."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-23, 04:17 PM
"I don't think that'd work." I say, as the biggest rules lawyer. "Cause it'd overlay our bodies, but the limbs and such would be outside it."

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 04:27 PM
"Alright!" Balthus does a fist pump, before hopping to his feet. "C'mon, Reynard. We're heading into town!" he grins to his animal companion. "If the guards give us trouble, I'll just convince them that you're part of my traveling one-man circus or something, or you're my seeing-eye fox..." he shrugs.

Balthus turns to the rest of the group. "You guys mind if I run on ahead? I'll head back as soon as I get the general idea of what the culture and stuff is like..."

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 05:08 PM
The fox sits back merrily, allowing Hawkflight and Balthus to pet it.

When talk of the town comes up, Balthus sits up, and the Fox bounds off of his chest and back into the grass. "I can head into town and scout around. I'm relatively normal, and if I run into any trouble, I can talk my way out of it. I think I have a high bluff and diplomacy skill..."

The fox suddenly pops back up out of the grass with Balthus' character sheet held in its jaws. "Oh, thanks!" Balthus pats it on the head before taking the sheet and looking it over. The fox makes another cheerful yip. "Yeah, I've got over +10 in both Bluff and Diplomacy. I think I can weasel my way into the town without much trouble, as long as I don't strip naked and demand to see the king..." he observes casually.

Lycan should go ahead and scout things out, find out how much we'll stand out and such. There's no sense in all of us going if we're all going to be burned at the stake for being too weird. Best to find out whether we need disguises or something or not first. I respond.

"Alright!" Balthus does a fist pump, before hopping to his feet. "C'mon, Reynard. We're heading into town!" he grins to his animal companion. "If the guards give us trouble, I'll just convince them that you're part of my traveling one-man circus or something, or you're my seeing-eye fox..." he shrugs.

Balthus turns to the rest of the group. "You guys mind if I run on ahead? I'll head back as soon as I get the general idea of what the culture and stuff is like..."

"Wait up, I'll come too," I said. "If there's one thing that's a constant throughout the multiverse, it's kitties. And they ... erm, we can get places where you regular ol' humanoids can't."

Benson
2011-06-23, 05:08 PM
"Yes...I mind....I was begging to come too...to save me from witnessing the fuzzy huggy antics of Lix and Soft- Um, Rebecca I believe the name was. Anyhoof, I find that I have a pretty good perception check for scouting purposes anyhow," I reply with that restlessness inside me. I yearn for adventure, I yearn to cause trouble.

Trobby
2011-06-23, 05:10 PM
"Well, hang on. I think I have the perfect solution then."

I wave my hand, and the words Silent Image appear above my head. In an instant, Benson's horn is completely invisible.

"There. Now you can head into town with them without attracting attention. I'll stay back here with Lix and Becca, just in case you guys need backup."

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 05:35 PM
Balthus looks thoughtfully at Benson and Hawkflight. "Huh. Yeah, this can work. I can totally pass pull the "traveling circus" trick now, since I've got a pony, a cat, and a fox. Anyway," he looks at the rest of the team, "I'll be back shortly. Hopefully I won't return to find an orgy in progress or something..." he shakes his head, grinning.

And with that, Balthus picks up his backpack... and promptly puts it back down. "Wooooah, that's heavy. What's in here?" he mutters, opening it up. "Oh. Books. Lots and lots of books." He proceeds to pull out a few random omnibuses and anthologies of various literary works, ranging from classic mythology to Warhammer 40K. "Oh, sweet, my iPod!" he suddenly exclaims, pulling out a small electronic device. He then fishes a wallet from the backpack, and opens it up to find it full of pictures of his family and girlfriend. With a small, he stuffs it into a back pocket. He then pulls out... a wristwatch. He stares at it for a moment, then very slowly fastens it to his left wrist in an almost reverent fashion. Finally, he pulls out several health potions, and a crowbar.

"Wow. That's a lot of junk..." he mutters. He then proceeds to stuff it all back in the backpack, and sling it over his shoulder. Now that he knows how much it weighs, he's able to balance it properly. He then picks up the two rapiers, and fastens them to his belt. "Right. Now then... off to the village!"

Balthus now begins to trek off towards the village...

Real items:
Classic literature collection (Odyssey, Robin Hood, Beowulf, Dracula, various works of Shakespear, and a few other books...)
Warhammer 40K litrature collection (Several omnibuses...)
iPod (Lots of Iron Maiden, and an infinite battery...)
Wallet (contains pictures of loved ones...)
Grandfather's wristwatch (family heirloom, essentially...)

Trobby
2011-06-23, 05:58 PM
"...so, while they're in town, what did you guys bring with you?"

Benson
2011-06-23, 06:16 PM
Heading to Town along the forest path

So...I faux-cheerfully trotted along the path to town, the streams of smoke and what not coming from that industrial-seeming town. I glanced around the forest around our path with a bit of paranoia. My ears perked up in alertness, my giant pony eyes taking in the scene. I decide to make a perception check.

Perception Check [roll0]

sweet natural 20

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 06:19 PM
I hopped onto Lycan's shoulder, settling there to ride the journey out. I left my stuff back with Blizzard at the camp, though I did have my wearables on me (which meant my collar, and my chain shirt in humanoid form). I yawned and stretched, flexing my claws experimentally.

"I still need a girl's name," I commented conversationally. "What do you think? Jessica Erin Garrison, or Gemmalyn Erin Garrison? Lynn for short.

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 06:25 PM
"Hm..." Balthus muses thoughtfull as he walks along, Reynard the Fox bouncing at his heels. "I like Jessica more. Rolls off the tongue better..."

As he travels towards the village, Balthus keeps his eyes and ears peeled, trying to pay attention to his surroundings.

Perception: [roll0]

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 06:29 PM
Perception check, will edit in my post.

[roll0]

I glanced around, thinking. "Well, it's all down to meaning, isn't it?" I said. "'Gemmalyn Erin' means 'jewel of peace', and 'Jessica Erin' means 'she who seeks peace'. But I'm not sure how 'Garrison' factors into it."

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-23, 06:37 PM
Benson & Lycan
To the left you hear a rustle and a low buzzing in the leaves along with the smell of carrion.

Benson
You see something red and black moving past the trees.

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 06:45 PM
Balthus stops dead in his tracks. Reynard starts to growl.

After a moment's pause, the Half-Orc draws his rapiers. The one in his left hand is a simple fencing blade, while the one in his right hand has an ornate steel hilt with silver engravings. The blade also sports a series of silver runes down its length, and it seems to give off a faint blue glow.

"Hawkflight, Benson, we are not alone..." Balthus says very calmly. "There's something in the woods, and it smells of carrion. It may just be a scavenger... Lets keep moving, but carefully. It may just leave us alone..."

Benson
2011-06-23, 06:47 PM
I find my sensitive pony nostrils taking in a whiff of essentially rotten meat, I gag inside. It was then at that moment movement caught my eye, 'something red and black'. I turn to my traveling companions and nod at Balthus who seemed to have smelled something as well. I quietly walk closer to them.

"There's movement as you know...but I saw something red and black moving past the trees," My voice just above a whisper.

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 06:49 PM
I sniffed the air, and frowned.

"There are ... two scents of carrion," I said quietly. "One stronger one, and a weaker one. I'm not certain what to make of it...."

Benson
2011-06-23, 07:09 PM
"I say we be nosy and investigate it....there is no reward without risk, and the reward would be...well a possible mystery to solve...and danger to be had," I grin at the prospects of adventure and danger.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-23, 07:17 PM
"...so, while they're in town, what did you guys bring with you?"

I've got my magic the gathering cards, my MP3 player, my computer and a few flash drives, a picture of my family, and a ring that's already on my finger that seems to resize to fit me. Guess it's my ring of sustenance. I respond.

Trobby
2011-06-23, 07:19 PM
"Oh...well darn, I don't have a laptop. Or I would've thought of that." Trobby chuckles. "Er...as long as we're here, can I see the pictures of your family?"

Mystic Muse
2011-06-23, 07:26 PM
"Oh...well darn, I don't have a laptop. Or I would've thought of that." Trobby chuckles. "Er...as long as we're here, can I see the pictures of your family?"

Sure. I show you the picture of my immediate family pointing out my three brother, my sister, my mom and dad, and what I used to look.

I then show you a picture with about 70+ people in it.

This is my dad's side of the family. My mom's side has never really gotten together enough for one big photo of them.

I pause a bit before saying I have a big family.

Trobby
2011-06-23, 07:31 PM
My eyes go a little wide at the sight of your father's side of the family.

"Wow...and here I thought thirty or so was pretty big. Heh...they look pretty nice, Becca."

Mystic Muse
2011-06-23, 07:39 PM
My eyes go a little wide at the sight of your father's side of the family.

"Wow...and here I thought thirty or so was pretty big. Heh...they look pretty nice, Becca."

.....Key word there being "Look"

Trobby
2011-06-23, 07:55 PM
"..." Trobby bites his lip, and hands the picture back.

"...Sorry for bringing up bad memories."

Mystic Muse
2011-06-23, 07:58 PM
"..." Trobby bites his lip, and hands the picture back.

"...Sorry for bringing up bad memories."

Eh, I guess they're nice. Most of them are just...Intolerant. Lets leave it at that. I say and hug Trobby.

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 08:03 PM
My ears perked up as I remembered something I'd read from the IK books Edro had sent me. I hopped off of Lycan's shoulder, smelling t see if there were any more of those beetles.

"Be careful," I said. "I think it's a buzzard beetle. Harmless on their own, but dangerous in swarms."

Using Scent to search for more buzzard beetles.

Perception check to search for more beetles: [roll0]

Readying an action to change shape back into my humanoid form if more beetles show up.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-23, 08:09 PM
HawkflightYou can't see any beetles, but you can hear the buzzing which indicates only one and only those original two scents that you can identify.

Trobby
2011-06-23, 08:13 PM
Eh, I guess they're nice. Most of them are just...Intolerant. Lets leave it at that. I say and hug Trobby.

I pull you in for a hug. Despite not being a very strong guy, my hugs are plenty strong. I pat your back and sigh.

"I understand...sometimes...the people we wish we can trust are the ones we know that won't understand...and it can be hard to be ourselves...but that doesn't make you any less of a beautiful person."

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 08:21 PM
Balthus slowly begins to keep walking down the path. "Lets just keep moving. Maybe it'll leave us alone..."

Perception check, please, to keep an eye on my surroundings and not get ambushed...

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 08:24 PM
I followed Lycan on foot, still wary for an ambush.

Same as before, keeping an eye out for an ambush and with the same readied action.

Benson
2011-06-23, 08:27 PM
Curious by nature I want to know what just what sort of corpse it was. A humanoid, an animal, a filthy hooooman. I cast mage armor on myself as I follow my nose to where the corpse might be, of what remains of it.

As I said, casting mage armor raising my AC to 21/FF and TA are both 18 AC

Mystic Muse
2011-06-23, 08:29 PM
I pull you in for a hug. Despite not being a very strong guy, my hugs are plenty strong. I pat your back and sigh.

"I understand...sometimes...the people we wish we can trust are the ones we know that won't understand...and it can be hard to be ourselves...but that doesn't make you any less of a beautiful person."

Technically, I'm not a person anymore, I'm a Dragon. I say joking and grinning.

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 08:35 PM
"Benson, where are you going? You're breaking at least two horror movie rules..." Balthus observes, halting to look back at the pony. "You're going off on your own when there's something scary lurking nearby, and you're doing it without telling anyone. You know what comes next, right?"

Reynard the Fox lowers his muzzle and puts a paw over it. That may be the animal equivalent to a facepalm.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-23, 08:36 PM
A snapped twig later and the buzzing stops abruptly, then restarts again only much louder as you all see the red and black beetle fly out of the bushes and away from you.

BensonAn elf corpse, not fresh but not old enough to hide it's race, with the flesh on it's arm and lower leg dissolved away. It's wearing simple leather armor and has a beautifully crafted longbow on it's back and a lightly curved rapier at its waist. A tattoo of a simple rune (looks Japanese) is on its remaining undisolved arm.

Trobby
2011-06-23, 08:40 PM
Technically, I'm not a person anymore, I'm a Dragon. I say joking and grinning.
"...Heh...and this is one of the aformentioned reasons why you are beautiful person."

Trobby pats her back, smiling at her.

"And dragon. But I'm pretty sure you're the first I met."

Benson
2011-06-23, 08:49 PM
"Yes...I know what I'm going...I'm off checking stuff out," I reply looking at the corpse. "Hey you two, come here." I look at the corpse in fascination not horror. I imagine the sad ending story that could have been this elf's life. Or it could have been a criminal, but I preferred being just a tad optimistic. My eyes went to the beautiful longbow, I could appreciate the artful work that went into it. Then my eyes fell upon the rune....I mage hand out my drawing pad and a drawing pencil from my saddle bags and replicate the tattoo rune to the best of my ability.

Obtained 1 copy of the tattoo rune design on a piece of drawing paper.

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 08:52 PM
I followed Benson, and shivered upon finding the dead body. I'd never seen one before, it wasn't something I was quite ready for. I took a deep breath to steady myself, and began to examine the body for signs of how it died.

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 08:59 PM
Balthus narrows his eyes, and looks from side to side. He then cautiously walks over to the body, and kneels down to examine to sword at its side. "Hm. Would anybody be mad if I took this? I mean... they don't really need it..." he shrugs.

Benson
2011-06-23, 09:13 PM
I grin at Balthus and waggle a pony brow. "Grave-robber sort are ye?" I'm mostly teasing but there's still an awkward feeling about swiping off the goods from a corpse. Not that I was saying I wouldn't swipe the goods from the corpse of an enemy I defeated...different story...yea...errr.

"I don't care either way...I'm mean sure I could use it...but it would just be awkward for me holding it in my mouth...and that's unhygienic," I blanch at the thought of holding a rapier that was on the body of a rotting corpse in mouth. I doubt anyone here brought disinfectant wipes, har har har.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-23, 09:13 PM
The rapier has a black hilt with a silver guard basket and a sapphire embedded at the base of the silvery grey-blue blade which curves slightly into a point looking like a cross betweena shallowly curved scimitar and a rapier. The sheath is black like the hilt with silver and navy blue marks on it and the same rune on it as that on the arm of the elf.

The bow is equally beautiful made of white wood that looks like it was grown into its shape instead of carved, knowing elves it probably was. The bow string is silver and made of some kind of braided hair and is as fine as silk. The hand holding the bow has a ring on it, silver or platinum with a sapphire on it.

The only sign of harm to the elf is the dissolved arm and partially dissolved leg. At least from the front.

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 09:18 PM
Balthus stares at the body for a moment, working his jaw. "Alright, new plan..." he finally says. "Lets head on into town, and let the guards know there's been a killing of some sort. Nobody take anything. The sword has the same mark that they have on their arm. If it was that connected to them, nobody else has the right to take it..." he mutters.

Balthus kneels further down and closer to the body, checking to see if he can tell the Elf's gender, see what they look like, estimate how long they've been dead, or find any other pertinent information.

Benson
2011-06-23, 09:23 PM
I like cantrips, I like cantrips that don't have a set number of times that I can cast them.

I cast detect magic over the items just to sedate my curiosity.

"That's fine with me Balthus," I say in response after I cast the spell.

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 09:24 PM
I took another deep breath, standing back from the corpse. I shifted into my humanoid form, then turned the body over, examining it for signs of what killed this elf.

"I disagree," I said. "If we leave it here, someone else will just come along and loot him before anyone can come back. What we should do is take them and return them to his people. We can keep them safe until then, and I trust y'all not to make off with it and sell it for some GP."

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 09:28 PM
"Hm..." Balthus ponders. "If we take the items and leave the body, the bug-things will just eat it, and we can't really walk up to the guards and say 'oh hey, we found a body, and looted it so nobody else would loot it' to them. What if you guys stay here and guard it, and I'll run to the town to fetch some guards? If they were murdered, the guards need to check it out, and they at least deserve a proper burial..." the Half-Orc explains.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-23, 09:34 PM
The elf is female now that you look, though it's subtle compared to the other "girls" in the party. The eyes are light brown, the hair is black, and her skin is pale, though that could just be from being exposed to the elements. You estimate only a day or two old.

The sheath (more specifically the rune), the elves shoulder (again the rune), and the sapphire on the rapier, the ring, the string of the bow, and, surprisingly, the copy of the rune you made (albeit weaker than the other two) all glow a whitish blue color.

The elves back has a hole in it, likely from an arrow or crossbow bolt, which is blackened and surrounded by green vein-like protrusions. A long gash runs along the spine as well but is rather shallow.

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 09:40 PM
I simply frowned, and nodded. "Good idea Lycan. You go now, we'll guard the corpse." I should have brought Blizzard with me.... I thought. I examined the body to make sure there was no danger to it, then took up a stance to guard the body.

Active Hunter's Stance, ready action to attack anything that attacks me.

Benson
2011-06-23, 09:42 PM
"That's fine...I'll stay here and guard...a corpse," That sentence sounded weird to say but alas. I look at the rune then at my copy and raise a quizzical pony brow. Interesting.

"Before you go, you should take this copy of the rune," I gesture him the piece of drawing paper held in my mouth.

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 09:42 PM
Balthus narrows his eyes. "Guys, something ain't right. These wounds don't make sense, especially the burn marks and green stuff around this wound," he points at the hole in the elf's back. "I'm gonna hazard a guess that this is wound was somehow poisoned or something..."

He then stands up and states: "Also, my common sense is screaming 'Trap!' right now. You guys want to stay and watch the body, or head into town with me?"

He looks down at Reynard, then back at the team. "If you stay, want Reynard to stay with you? He's actually more combat-effective than me..." he smirks.

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 09:54 PM
I frowned, thinking, then I made up my mind. "Lycan, do you think Reynard can find the others and bring them back here? Just in case? Then you can go and warn the city guard while Reynard arrives with the others. Benson can write a note for them."

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 09:59 PM
"Alright," Balthus nods. "I'll head to the town, Reynard will go get the others, and y'all can stay and watch the body."

He looks down at Reynard and explains: "They're going to write you a note. Take it back to the others, then lead them back here. If you run into trouble, head back to the nearest group of friendlies, yipping and screaming as you go."

"Ever heard a fox scream?" Balthus turns to the others. "Its freaking scary."

For a moment, the others could almost swear they saw a devious smirk flicker across Reynard's vulpine features.

"Anyway, I'm off to the town," the Half-Orc says, taking the picture Benson drew. "I'll be back as fast as possible... Take care."

And with that, he starts to run towards the nearby town...

Benson
2011-06-23, 10:06 PM
I do my best to avert control over mage hand as I inscribe the note on a half piece of paper. Hey, this is some good vellum bristol paper to be using it the way I was. :P

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-23, 10:35 PM
*A few Minutes Later*
-With Lix, Soft & Trobby-

Balthus's fox runs into the clearing with a note in it's mouth, going straight to the nearest humanoid member in the group (I'll let Benson say what's on it).

-With Balthus-

You arrive at the town, it doesn't have any outer wall and the houses are small, more a village on the verge of being a town than an actual town. Out of one of the outer building emerges a man holding a spear and wearing lether armor and a chain mail coif. A crossbow is at his waist, loaded and ready to fire if need be. He notes you and calls a halt, "What business do you have here half-breed," the way he says it doesn't indicate he thinks anything 'bad' about it, just that he's suspicious.

-With Jess and Benson-

A length of time passes uneventfully with only a few sounds normally heard in the forest and some you guess would be heard in fantasy setting forests.

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 10:43 PM
I glanced around the forest, smelling the air for any scent of approaching enemies. But as time passed, I began to get bored.

"....You know, picking a first name is mostly a formality," I said offhandedly. "I mean, most people just use my middle name, Erin."

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 10:57 PM
Balthus stops to catch his breath, leaning over and gasping for a moment before he answers the man with the spear. "Murder... Found a body in the woods..." he pants, still slightly winded. "I found an elven woman, dead near the road. It looks like she was murdered. I thought I should come tell the town guard. Also, she had this symbol tattooed on her, and on her sword..." he explains, holding up the sketch of the symbol Benson made.

Benson
2011-06-23, 11:00 PM
The Note: Hey nerds, we found a dead elf lady with shinies...we're over there. There is a hastily drawn map with emoticons of a grouchy pony and a catgirl indicating their position on the map of the road to where they were out. :smalltongue:

Also Balthus went off to the town to go inform the guards
=====

I look at Hawkflight who seems to be having difficulty in picking a name still. Makes me content that my username is name friendly and doesn't come off like a super hero name.

"So....do you want us to call you Erin then?" I ask uncertainly.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-23, 11:04 PM
The man's eyes widen at the symbol, "Kurohasu," he whispers, he runs into the building and several others emerge barely thirty seconds later, "Lead the way," the man that first came out shouts, you count ten men, some with swords, others with spears, and two with bows.

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 11:04 PM
"Well, that is what my friends call me, so yeah," I said. I stared up at the clouds for a moment. "....I think Gemmalynn, or Lynn for short. Yeah ... that's good." I looked up at Benson with a smile. "You may call me either Erin or Lynn, as you prefer. Gemmalynn if you're being formal."

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 11:09 PM
"Why certainly, my good man!" Balthus grins, and gives a curt nod to the mob. Now that he'd caught his breath, he had regained some of his composure. He quickly turns and begins to lightly jog down the path back towards where he'd found the body. As he goes, he turns to the man and asks: "May I ask what's going on? My name is Balthus, and I'm a traveler from a distant land, so I know nothing of this area. Do you know who the woman is? It looked like she was killed with an arrow or crossbow, and she had several weapons on her..." he explains.

Benson
2011-06-23, 11:12 PM
"Well given my choices....I shall call you Gemmalynn Erin...I like the tongue twister-ness of it," I playfully tease and stick my tongue out. "No, better! Miss Gemmalynn Erin...for super formality sake, hahah."

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-23, 11:23 PM
"She's the only person in the Iron Kingdoms that can find and forge elemental metals and bring out the natural magic in gems and special items." He says as he follows you, "she's never even taken on an apprentice meaning her art has died with her unless we can get her to the Church in the city."

Hawkflight
2011-06-23, 11:23 PM
I giggled and hopped to my feet. "Miss Gemmalynn Erin, at your service! Or even better! Miss Gemmalynn Erin Garrison!" I giggled at the tonguetwisterness of it.

Then suddenly, I had the urge to practice some of my maneuvers. I slid into a stance and raised my fists, staring down a tree. As I focused, my fists began to fizzle and spark with violet sparks, then suddenly burst into a violet flame, which quickly spread to my feet as well. I then dashed forward and lashed out at the tree with a flurry of punches, then snapped out a kick for good measure.

Using Burning Blade and Flashing Sun and Snap Kick.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
"Woah...." I said, staring at the charred tree, which still had a couple of small violet flames burning on the trunk.

Two rounds to recover my maneuvers, if it matters.

Benson
2011-06-23, 11:31 PM
"Good job Miss Gemmalynn Erin, you just killed a tree, you two experience points for it," I tell her in a playfully sarcastic manner and stick out my tongue. I go back to looking at the corpse.

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 11:33 PM
"Oh, she is important then!" Balthus exclaims, slightly horrified. "Why would have wanted to kill her, though? Are their bandits around these parts, or anything that would use poisoned arrows? The wound looked burnt, but also infected or poisoned. It was very strange... At any rate, we should hurry!" Balthus says, beginning to jog faster.

Hopefully Hawkflight and Benson were okay. And hadn't done anything to make them look suspicious.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-24, 12:36 AM
"She chose to settle in our town and never gave the locations of the sources for her materials. Reason enough for a large number of locals to dislike her, and she's an elven outcast, though elves rarely use poison." The clearing is just ahead by now.

Trobby
2011-06-24, 06:57 AM
~With Trobby, Lix, and Becca~

Trobby, by pure chance, happens to be the one to receive the note!

...Well, actually it's because he once again has to restrain his dog from howling at the fox.

"Easy Sam! Geeze, even as a highly intelligent sorcerror's familiar, you still love to chase little woodland creatures. Heh...hmm?"

Trobby takes the note from the fox, and reads it.

"...Hey, Becca, Lix, sounds like the guys might have some trouble headed their way. C'mon, let's go back them up just in case."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-24, 08:04 AM
"Ooooh, trouble? Trouble is interesting!" I say, cheering up immediately.

Trobby
2011-06-24, 08:09 AM
"Eheh...yeah, but I wish it wasn't 'found a dead body' trouble. Sounds kinda...gross. And unfortunate. But either way, we should go catch up to them. Lix, do you um...have any method by which to go incognito?"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-24, 09:13 AM
"Ack. And. Um. No. Not a thing."

Trobby
2011-06-24, 09:19 AM
Trobby snaps his fingers...then does it again. "Huh....Oh! Um...right, well I'd use a Silent Image to make you look human, but I have to keep focusing on Benson's spell, or he'll lose it. So um...I guess you should just stay hidden until we figure something out."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-24, 09:32 AM
"Hidden?" sad face.

Trobby
2011-06-24, 09:45 AM
"Only until we're sure it's safe, Lixy." Trobby reassures her, offering her a hug. "I just don't want to see you get hurt."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-24, 09:49 AM
"Fiiiine..." hug.

Lycan 01
2011-06-24, 10:29 AM
"An elven outcast? Interesting. Well, lets hope we can still do something foor her..." Balthus nods grimly as they near the target.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-24, 11:03 AM
"Fiiiine..." hug.

I'll keep you company Lix. Best case scenario, they think I'm a monitor lizard with wings that can talk, and I can't imagine that'll end well. I offer. Yes, I'm aware I can turn into a human.

Trobby
2011-06-24, 12:11 PM
"...Well then, you two stay behind me and I'll lead the way." Trobby nods, taking the map out to follow it to the marked spot on the map.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-24, 12:30 PM
-Balthus-

You arrive at the clearing and not much has changed other that a heavily charred tree with a few violet flames that arfe quickly dying down.

-Balthus, Lynn, & Benson-

Balthus arrives shortly after the flame strike you pulled with ten guards who immediately ready their weapons and set up a perimeter with two of the spearmen examining the woman, "can't be the gobbers, they don't use poison, and this kind, i've never seen it before, possibly the elves, maybe the ebon ones. This looks like Black Lotus poison, using her namesake against her, someone has a really twisted sense of humor."

-Lix, Trobby, & Soft-

As you approach the spot on the map you see two guards standing at the entrance to the clearing with more in the forests to block anyone from entering.

Trobby
2011-06-24, 12:37 PM
Trobby motions to Lix and Becca to stay back, while he approaches the two guards.

...Trobby has never been very good with awkward social moments, but hopefully being amicable will help here.

"Ah...excuse me, sirs. Do you know what has happened here?"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-24, 12:40 PM
I'll keep you company Lix. Best case scenario, they think I'm a monitor lizard with wings that can talk, and I can't imagine that'll end well. I offer. Yes, I'm aware I can turn into a human.
"...wouldn't they think you're, yknow, a Dragon?"
(and then arrives)

"..." Amiable smile!

Lycan 01
2011-06-24, 01:20 PM
Balthus stares in horror at the burned tree, before looking over at Benson and Hawkflight with an accusatory glare. He then looks back at the man and arches an eyebrow. "Excuse me, did you say ebon elves? Are you referring to Drow? Where I come from, Drow favored poison, albeit of a tranquilizing sort..."

Benson
2011-06-24, 01:37 PM
An accusatory glare? At me? Why why...the nerve. I mentally grin and shake my mane. Following it with a whinny as I nip at Bathus in which I follow it with an innocent nicker from my vocal cords. I'm just an innocent little pony here.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-24, 01:39 PM
"A murder, no one's allowed in or out until we figure out what happened."

"We call 'em Ebons but that sounds about right. I'm surprised nothing was taken though, these are worth a lot," he points at the rapier and the bow. The other guard sighs, "it was thanks to her that our town didn't need outer walls," he shakes his head, "we should bring her back, her son still runs the shop and will need to know about this. But first, a few questions," he then looks at all of you, "First, what and who is she," he points to Lynn, "second, what happened to that tree," he points at the charred one, the flames now dead, "and lastly, how'd you find Kurohasu."

Trobby
2011-06-24, 01:56 PM
"Oh dear..." I say with completely unfeigned concern. "My friends were down here! Do you know if they're alright? One of them is a half-orc and um...well actually, it's just him and his cat and pony."

Bluff:

[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-24, 02:00 PM
The guard looks back and says, "Half-orc, pony, and nekomata," he says using the elven word for catgirl demon, "that them?"

Trobby
2011-06-24, 02:08 PM
"...Ah, yes...that would be them." Trobby nods.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-24, 02:10 PM
"Sit down by the trees, they'll be out shortly, you can come to town with us after we finish up here. Sorry but this particular person is very important and we have to take proper precautions."

Lycan 01
2011-06-24, 03:23 PM
Balthus gestures over to Hawkflight. "She's a friend of mine. I left her here to watch the body, and make sure nobody else came along and messed with it. We found it because a giant freaky beetle thing spooked us, and then my pony-" he nods at Benson, "Wandered into the bushes, and when I went after it I found the body. As for the tree... um... I honestly don't know what happened there..." he shrugs.

Hawkflight
2011-06-24, 04:16 PM
"A murder, no one's allowed in or out until we figure out what happened."

"We call 'em Ebons but that sounds about right. I'm surprised nothing was taken though, these are worth a lot," he points at the rapier and the bow. The other guard sighs, "it was thanks to her that our town didn't need outer walls," he shakes his head, "we should bring her back, her son still runs the shop and will need to know about this. But first, a few questions," he then looks at all of you, "First, what and who is she," he points to Lynn, "second, what happened to that tree," he points at the charred one, the flames now dead, "and lastly, how'd you find Kurohasu."

I nodded at Lycan. "That's it," I said. "I'm a tibbit, my friends and I are from another realm. I apologize about the tree, I got bored so I decided to, ah, 'sharpen my claws' on it as it were. I am ... rather out of practice of late."

Trobby
2011-06-25, 08:57 AM
"Ah...okay. I hope they haven't caused any trouble." I say, backing away a little, then coming to a startled halt as I see Lix standing there. Right. Behind. Me.

"...How long have you been there, Lix?"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 12:54 PM
"All along? Should I not have been?" I say, puzzled.

Hawkflight
2011-06-25, 01:57 PM
I perked my ears up as I heard voices from the edge of the woods. Blizzard ran past the guards and up to me, and I knelt down to pet him and hug him while I watched and listened to what was going on around me.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-25, 02:00 PM
"Well that answers the odd appearance," one of the guards mutters, "And how long she's been dead, it takes a couple of days for buzzards to get to a body and another few for them to dissolve it. She's probably four days old now. Likely reposed... Do any of you know magic?"

"Not a problem, you just have to wait a bit."

Lycan 01
2011-06-25, 09:56 PM
"I know a handful of Bardic spells," Balthus shrugs. "Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Cure Minor Wounds... Nothing that would be of any use in this situation, I'm afraid. Well, I suppose I could use Prestidigitation to clean her up a bit, but it wouldn't stop the decomposition or anything, I'm afraid."

Hawkflight
2011-06-25, 10:25 PM
"I would recommend against that," I said to Lycan. "You might inadvertently remove evidence." I reluctantly let go of Blizzard (after giving him one final hug), and walked up to the body, examining it. Something seemed off here, why was there both an arrow wound and a slash mark across her back? I examined the body.

"This poison," I said. "Is it deadly, or does it just paralyze the victim? Oh, and no, I can't do magic."

Heal check to determine cause of death: [roll0]

Search check to search for signs of her assailant: [roll1] Action delayed due to results of the first roll.
I looked up from the body in shock, feeling a faint pulse. "She's not dead!" I examined the body closer. "She's in a death-like state, but she could wake up at any moment, I can't tell when."

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-25, 10:54 PM
The guard blinks once, twice, three times then shouts for the other guards to get their butts in gear, making a makeshift stretcher and shifting Kurohasu onto it. "Get her to the cleric, we need her healed as much as possible when she recovers from this." the guard shouts then gets a pair of guards to start searching the area for signs of the assailant.

"Come on you two, we'll need you to help with the cleric," one of the guards calls as another approaches him and whispers something to him, "Bring your friends along too."

-Everyone Together-

With Kurohasu on a makeshift stretcher you make good time to the town, and arrive at a tall, hospital/chapel hybrid building where the quickly bring her to a large room that looks like a magic version of a modern day ER. One guard breaks off and hurries to another room coming back a few minutes later with a wizened man in a combination medical clothes/clerical robes and rushes into the room, "Whoever picked this thing out get in here, i'll need you to help identify this thing." The man calls much more loudly than his appearance would suggest.

Lycan 01
2011-06-26, 12:24 AM
"What thing? There are about 5 different things, sir. The semi-dead elf, the strange symbols, the weird poison, the cat lady, the rest of my friends..." Balthus states, slightly confused. "Also, I have several healing potions and at least one healing spell prepared for today. Will those help?"

Hawkflight
2011-06-26, 12:37 AM
I glanced up at the others and nodded, following the guards with the stretcher. I was alert for danger, but nothing attacked us on our way to town. And as I walked (probably failing my Perception checks), I mulled over the case. The guards hadn't answered my question, but there were only two possibilities. As we arrived at the hospital, a wizened old man came out and called for the one who picked something out.

"I think he means me," I said. "It's probably about the elf-girl, and as I was the one examining her...." I walked over to the man and gave him a respectful half-nod-half-bow.

"Yes sir?" I asked

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-27, 08:52 AM
The man doesn't look up from his work, his hands glowing a slight gold as he weaves the muscle and skin back onto her with nothing more than magic. A scroll rests nearby, slowly fading as he works. "I need to ask what you think of this poison, i've never encountered anything like it, and it's not black lotus, that is used to kill, not put people in suspended animation." by the time he finishes talking, Kurohasu's arm is repared as is her leg, the long gash on her back is as well, though a scar is left over, all that remains is the black and green puncture wound. "Does anything from your land sound like this poison?"

I rolled a nat 20 on a random roll, it's tetratotoxin, something you remember from a discovery channel thing called 9 ways to die. It's a poison produced by the puffer fish.

Trobby
2011-06-27, 08:52 AM
Sitting in his seat, Trobby takes a quick glance at his character sheet, and shakes his head.

"Mmh...unless they need a lot of pure water or blessings for some reason, I'm not going to be much use."

Hawkflight
2011-06-27, 09:55 AM
Actually I never saw the show (I avoid shows like 1000 Ways To Die like the plague), but I think I've heard of it somewhere else.

I frowned as I ransacked my memory. It sounded familiar somehow ... "Oh yeah! It's called ... bah, I forget the name." I frowned. "Starts with a 'T'. It's produced by ... puffer fish. I think. It's not exactly my area of expertise."

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-27, 10:07 AM
"Puffer fish? From the ocean? It's far from home then," The cleric says finally looking up and jumping slightly at seeing a catgirl, he had not been expecting that, he shakes his head and looks back at Kurohasu, "hm, if that's the case it's probably been refined because normal puffer fish poison does not leave green markings on the skin. I've got my work cut out for me," he scratches the back of his head a bit, "Give it a few days in town and come back, she'll likely have something to say then... she may offer you a reward of some kind." he looked like he was going to say something else but cut off and said something else instead.

Lycan 01
2011-06-27, 02:36 PM
"Doesn't blowfish poison eventually wear off? I know its used by voodoo cultists to poison people and make them seem dead, and then after they've been buried they wake up in the coffin and... yeah, not pretty..." Balthus shakes his head. "Anyway, if you can't figure out an antidote, she'll probably come around after a couple of days. Her attack probably figured the carrion creatures would get to her by then..."

Hah! I totally called the puffer fish poison! :smallbiggrin:

I saw an episode of 1,000 Ways to Die where a guy was poisoned with blowfish toxin by a voodoo priest. After a few days, he woke up in his coffin and eventually starved to death. :smalleek:

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-27, 02:44 PM
"Not if it's been refined, like i said, puffer venom doesn't leave green marks on the body," he pauses for a moment then gets back to work, "by the way, the names Jeb Caust. And you lot are?" He pulls herbs from a drawer that looked like part of the wall and started grinding it with a few other herbs you didn't see him have a moment ago with a mortar and pestle.

Benson
You see something hazy above the mans head that forms to the following before vanishing: "Human Cleric 2//Expert 2"

Mystic Muse
2011-06-27, 03:00 PM
"Give it a few days in town and come back.

Works for me. I say, and hug Lix whispering in her ear So, what do you want to do for our date?

"Not if it's been refined, like i said, puffer venom doesn't leave green marks on the body," he pauses for a moment then gets back to work, "by the way, the names Jeb Caust. And you lot are?" He pulls herbs from a drawer that looked like part of the wall and started grinding it with a few other herbs you didn't see him have a moment ago with a mortar and pestle.

I'm Rebecca. I say clinging to Lix.

Hawkflight
2011-06-27, 03:18 PM
"Wait, those green marks were from the poison itself?" I asked. "Huh. I thought it was an infection." I scratched my chin in thought. "Oh! I'm Gemmalynn Erin Garrison. You can call me Lynn, Gemma, Gemmalynn, or Erin."

I habitually moved to put my hands in my pockets, before realizing my tunic didn't have pockets, so I began to pace instead. "But something doesn't add up. She was being held prisoner by someone. Why didn't whoever it was try to retrieve her? If they used blowfish poison to bring her down, then they obviously didn't want to kill her, they probably meant to retrieve her and imprison her again. So why didn't they?" I stopped pacing and snapped my attention back to Jeb. "How long before this poison would have taken effect?" I asked. "If she was injected with the poison by arrow-tip right now, how long would it take before she would be out?"

Trobby
2011-06-27, 03:22 PM
Trobby backs up a little and allows Hawkf-er, Lynn to speak. He can wait his turn to introduce himself.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-27, 03:28 PM
"I'd have to analyze the poison, but normal puffer poison takes a day to get to full paralysis and another few hours for the deathlike state to be full on," he opens another cabinet and pulls out a bright blue and red flower with a thorny stem and cuts the head of it off before going back to his poultice, "My guess is it was made to be long lasting, not fast acting, so it may very well be the same amount of time. Right here," he points to the inner part of the elbow joint where a tiny, barely noticeable mark is, "was where an intravenous bag was put, likely to keep her from dying of dehydration."

Hawkflight
2011-06-27, 03:36 PM
I took a closer look at the elbow joint. "Huh, that's an odd place to put an IV," I remarked. "That just leaves one question then." I stood up and walked back to the others, where I sat down and hugged Blizzard. "Why was the poison delivered by arrow-tip? It seems like an odd choice, no matter how you look at it."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 03:49 PM
Lix blushes at Soft.
"Whatever you want..?"

Trobby
2011-06-27, 03:52 PM
"Well..." Trobby interjects. "It...makes sense, doesn't it? I imagine someone probably ambushed her with a poison-tipped arrow, so that they could set up the rest of the details after she'd fallen under. It's possible she didn't recognize her own condition until it was much too late. Or that she was simply subdued directly so that she could be put into her situation....though the former seems careless, and the latter seems convoluted..."

Mystic Muse
2011-06-27, 03:54 PM
Lix blushes at Soft.
"Whatever you want..?"

How about we just go out and get something to eat? I'm not drinking any ale though. I suggest.

Hawkflight
2011-06-27, 03:59 PM
"Well, I'm pretty sure whoever it was managed to catch and imprison her, before she escaped," I said. Then I sighed and rubbed my head. "But I guess there's not much more we can do until she wakes up. I guess we've got a few days to spend in this town. Do you guys want to camp out, or get a room at an inn?"

Trobby
2011-06-27, 04:00 PM
"Well, I've got camping supplies in my 'adventuring gear', but I've also got enough gold to afford a decent room. Let's try to find an inn first. Hopefully one that will allow pets. And indoor ponies, for that matter."

Benson
2011-06-27, 04:06 PM
Benson
You see something hazy above the mans head that forms to the following before vanishing: "Human Cleric 2//Expert 2"

Well that was just odd. Not as odd as these people letting a pony inside this make-shift hospital, but odd nonetheless.

Hawkflight
2011-06-27, 04:10 PM
"Personally, I'm up for a room as long as it's comfy," I said. "But I'm also happy to camp out, I like sleeping under the stars." I considered suggesting Benson drop her disguise, but I decided to wait until later.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 04:16 PM
How about we just go out and get something to eat? I'm not drinking any ale though. I suggest.
Dawwwwwwww.
"Sure." smile.

Hawkflight
2011-06-27, 06:07 PM
I turned my attention to Soft and Lix. "Hey Soft! Erm, Becca," I corrected myself. "What do you think? Should we get a room, or camp out? What about you, Lix?" I then whispered to Benson. "How about you, Benson?"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 06:16 PM
"A room." she nods.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-27, 06:24 PM
I agree with Lix. A room seems better. I say.

Trobby
2011-06-27, 08:57 PM
"Huh...well in that case, does anyone need money for a room? Or are we good to go find a place?" let's go find somewhere to stay!"

Hawkflight
2011-06-27, 09:48 PM
"Alright," I said. "We should probably get two rooms, for convenience and price. What do you think about ... Lycan, Benson and me in one room, and Becca, Lix and Trobby in the other room?"

Mystic Muse
2011-06-27, 09:56 PM
That setup sounds good to me. I respond.

Trobby
2011-06-27, 09:56 PM
"That...um..." Trobby blushes a bit. "I sort of...thought that we would go for two persons to a room...I mean, I suppose I could sleep on the floor and allow Becca and Lix the bed...though um...well..."

The way Trobby shuffled and moved his feet, you could tell he felt just a tad awkward about the idea.

"I'll...go with it though, if it's okay with everyone else." Trobby says, seeming much more at ease once Becca approves.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-27, 10:07 PM
"That...um..." Trobby blushes a bit. "I sort of...thought that we would go for two persons to a room...I mean, I suppose I could sleep on the floor and allow Becca and Lix the bed...though um...well..."

The way Trobby shuffled and moved his feet, you could tell he felt just a tad awkward about the idea.

"I'll...go with it though, if it's okay with everyone else." Trobby says, seeming much more at ease once Becca approves.

Trobby, remember, this is Lix we're talking about. DOes leaving her alone in a room with somebody, even a prude like me seem like a good idea? I say half teasing.

Hawkflight
2011-06-27, 10:14 PM
"Alright," I said. "If everyone's fine with it, we should probably go get a room now ... or food. I haven't eaten all day. And Benson, you should drop your disguise or they'll put you in the stable."

Trobby
2011-06-27, 10:27 PM
Trobby, remember, this is Lix we're talking about. DOes leaving her alone in a room with somebody, even a prude like me seem like a good idea? I say half teasing.

"...I'll...gladly chaperone you two." Trobby says with a little laugh.

Benson
2011-06-27, 10:43 PM
"Alright," I said. "If everyone's fine with it, we should probably go get a room now ... or food. I haven't eaten all day. And Benson, you should drop your disguise or they'll put you in the stable."

"Oh but stables come much cheaper than rooms," I tease, finally talking aloud and not caring what NPCs hear me. "Well, I'll still need Trobby to dispel his spell first, but other than that, I'm fine with the set-up as well."

Hawkflight
2011-06-27, 10:50 PM
"Right!" I said. "Do you guys wanna get our rooms now and eat later so we can split up, or eat first then get our rooms, or....?" My stomach growled, signalling my personal preference.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-27, 10:52 PM
"...I'll...gladly chaperone you two." Trobby says with a little laugh.

Yes, because you're so immune to Lix's powers of seduction. I say playfully.

"Right!" I said. "Do you guys wanna get our rooms now and eat later so we can split up, or eat first then get our rooms, or....?" My stomach growled, signalling my personal preference.

I'd like something to eat personally. Oh, out of curiosity, how rare are dragons? I ask the doctor. Like, if one were walking down the street would it attract stares, largely be ignored, or have people try and turn it into a piece of armor?

Trobby
2011-06-27, 10:58 PM
"Eh? OH! Right, the spell. I nearly forgot about it." Trobby chuckles, lifting the spell off of Benson. "Not sure what the hotel's policy on unicorns is going to be though.

Lycan 01
2011-06-27, 11:19 PM
Balthus casually leans a nearby wall, crossing his arms across his chest as he listens to the rest of the team toss around ideas. Reynard pops his head out of Balthus' backpack, where he'd been hiding so Balthus could smuggle him in. In fact, the fox wears what could possibly be seen as a smug expression on his vulpine features. After a quick glance around, the mischievous critter slinks down and goes back into hiding.

"I'm up with whatever, really..." Balthus shrugs. "I'll share rooms with whoever I need to. I've got no complaints, as long as my personal boundaries are respected. Right now, though, food does sound good..."

Hawkflight
2011-06-27, 11:24 PM
The doc was so engrossed in working on his patient that he didn't hear Becca, or even notice Benson turning back into a unicorn.

"We should leave him be to work," I suggested. Then to Becca I said, "But I'd imagine the normal. Stares, whispers of awe, possibly insane dragonslayers bent on destroying you (though I doubt that in this town). But then, I suspect half of us will attract the same reaction," I remarked, gesturing to the half-dragon lillend, the unicorn pony, and myself the 'nekomata'.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-28, 12:22 AM
Well, I'd be in the mood for whatever. I respond genuinely not caring what we do.

Benson
2011-06-28, 01:13 AM
"Oh manure.....if I wasn't a pony I'd be hitting up the bars...getting me some sweat honey mead, looking for trouble, taking chances, getting messy...checking out the notice boards for any quests some noble or priest have put up for adventurers like us," I say within two breaths. I then lower my head and whisper to near-by team mates.

"This may...sound weird...but for a split second I saw floating...over the doc's head were the words...cleric2/expert2....It's like I was being shown the specific levels the doc is as an npc."

Hawkflight
2011-06-28, 01:29 AM
"Noted," I whispered back. Aloud I said, "And why can't you anyways?"

Benson
2011-06-28, 01:54 AM
"I'm a walking, talking unicorn pony with a purple-ish mane. But hey...my prospects are looking good considering no one seemed to have commented on such an unusual colored mane. Maybe I'll get my honey-mead afterall."

Hawkflight
2011-06-28, 01:57 AM
"I'm a Nekomata. She's a dragon. She's a half-dragon winged naga thing." I pointed out myself, Becca, and Lix in turn. "And we're only attracting a little attention. Play it up, stand tall and proud. I reckon you should be safe. If they give you trouble, just charm 'em with a few magic tricks."

Then I walked over to Becca. "So, Becca," I said, under my breath so the old guy couldn't hear. "Enjoying being a dragon?"

Mystic Muse
2011-06-28, 02:11 AM
"I'm a Nekomata. She's a dragon. She's a half-dragon winged naga thing." I pointed out myself, Becca, and Lix in turn. "And we're only attracting a little attention. Play it up, stand tall and proud. I reckon you should be safe. If they give you trouble, just charm 'em with a few magic tricks."

Then I walked over to Becca. "So, Becca," I said, under my breath so the old guy couldn't hear. "Enjoying being a dragon?"

So far? Yes, yes I am. I say with a small smile. Will enjoy it more when I can fly though I think.

Lycan 01
2011-06-28, 02:20 AM
Balthus continues to lean against the wall, a smirk playing across his features. "I'm totally the most mundane thing here. Yet I'm content with that. I wonder if the local tavern needs entertainment for the evening. Maybe I can tell the Legend of Sleepy Hollow something..." he shrugs.

Hawkflight
2011-06-28, 02:22 AM
"Cool," I said. Well ... crap, now what did I say? I hated these awkward moments, when I had no idea what to say, and I didn't just want to say whatever came to mind lest I sound like an idiot ... sigh.

Trobby
2011-06-28, 08:57 AM
"You can see his stats?" Trobby says, both intrigued and a little disappointed. "Darn...if I had known seeing that sort of thing was an option, I would've asked for it."

Benson
2011-06-28, 09:33 AM
"I didn't even know it was an option either...it just sort of happened."

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-28, 12:30 PM
One of the guards from outside walks in, "You must be getting tired, it's close to sunset, the local in is in the center of town across from the tavern." He looks at several members of the party and shakes his head, "it's sad when your used to this kind of thing, about ten years ago a dragon would have freaked the entire town out," he mutters before heading back to his post. Obviously strange happenings are a common occurance here.

Hawkflight
2011-06-28, 01:09 PM
I glanced up, happy the guard interrupted and gave me something to talk about.

"Not really tired, but I am hungry," I said. "Does the inn serve food?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-28, 01:11 PM
The guard looks over his shoulder, "No, but the tavern does."

Hawkflight
2011-06-28, 01:12 PM
"Awesome," I said. "So where's the tavern?"