PDA

View Full Version : [FwM] What Has Magic Done? My Little Pony, Without The Kiddy 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 12:09 PM
My Little Pony: Friendship Was Magic

In Equestria, the monsters are kept in safe places, and can be beaten off with hugs and clothing and angry stares.
In Equestria, a benevolent goddess raises the sun and the moon, and keeps the world in harmony.
In Equestria, the concept of danger is barely understood.

This is not that Equestria.

The town of Bridle Shores lies near a lake, and is one of the cities that survived the revolution. The heroic Moon Goddess, and her student, overthrew the Burning Hate of the Iron Hoof, saving Equestria from the searing, unending summer that raged for years. Even now, she tries to hold against the monsters, the literal armies of feral species that attack.

This is not the Equestria you know. Friendship has power, love may yet triumph. But evil is not just a word. Go out into the woods today, and be sure to take an axe, or make sure you have that fireball spell on a hair-trigger. If you want to keep your life... you'd better work for it.

Rules?

Q: So, how dark are we talking?
A: As dark as Exalted or a darkish d&d game, no more. The idea should be that things ARE fixable.

Q: What kind of RP is this?
A: More active than the non-grimdark. The added darkness makes actual adventure-style plots more viable. We could have wars against [unspecified villains], Celestial cults, and dungeoncrawling!

Q: Anything else?
A: Yes. Dark or no dark, keep within the board rules.

Q: Hullaballoo.
A: Calloo callay!

Q: Is that all?
A: No. Whatever you do, do NOT forget about spell 87. Or else. Now have fun.

Links
Recruitment/OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200322)
SoftLight Out of Character (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198923)
SoftLight Recruitment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192140)
Main Pony Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11050271#post11050271)

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 12:12 PM
She shrugs. "I don't have much time for fun. But I do stuff like lavasurfing, acid diving. Yknow, the lower end of extreme sports."

"Maybe you should bring me lavasurfing sometime, it sounds fun. Do lavasharks ever give you any trouble?"

Grif
2011-06-25, 12:26 PM
Lone Star looked at Icy and her get up. Personally he thought the cloak hid too much away, but whatever, it was her choice. "Uh, sure, did you have anywhere in mind?"

"There's a decent Chinese eatery nearby. Served me well enough in the past." Icy shrugged, and gestured for Lone Star to follow her.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 12:39 PM
Some ponies cloaked in shadows silently went into Soft's Bar. They saw Hullabaloo, and they got out their sack. They crept up behind her, duck tapped her mouth, and put the sack over her.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 12:57 PM
Soft comes closer.
Luna hugs her.

"Maybe you should bring me lavasurfing sometime, it sounds fun. Do lavasharks ever give you any trouble?"
"The lavasharks are what I'm surfing on." she says offhandedly.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 12:59 PM
"The lavasharks are what I'm surfing on." she says offhandedly.

"Oh."
Zach eats some more of his food.
"So, do you have any jobs other then being in the milita?"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 01:20 PM
"Not really." she says, between mouthfuls.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 01:22 PM
"Not really." she says, between mouthfuls.
Zach drinks his drink and eats a delicous piece of brocoli tempura.
"So, do you let any stallion crash at your place, or just the handsome ones?"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 01:24 PM
"Anypony." she says, shooting him a glare.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 01:31 PM
"Anypony." she says, shooting him a glare.

Zach takes the hint, and decides to shut up for a while. He eats in silence for about 10 minutes, and then starts talking again.
"So, want to perhaps see a movie after this?"
He gave a small smile and rolled his die.
Fate Manipulation Reroll
Horse apples.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 01:38 PM
"Depends on the movie." she says, not seeming to care.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 01:41 PM
"Depends on the movie." she says, not seeming to care.

"How about an actiony movie? There's this one that just came out that has this pony named Duke Nukem in it. It looks pretty cool. Or a Romantic Comedy maybe? It seems appropiate. Then there is this other movie that came out called Lavashark Inferno, though I don't know what it's about....."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 01:44 PM
"Somehow I feel sick of romantic comedy, even though I don't watch them." she comments.

Crisis21
2011-06-25, 01:45 PM
Public Works Guild - Mach

Mach flinches a bit from the harsh greeting he gets when the door opens. He tries to politely ignore the arguing by finishing the work of finding what he did with the specification sheet. Still not sure what exactly is going on here, Mach hoofs over the specs.

"I scheduled an appointment today for an estimate. I now own a structure that needs to be modified to suit my energy needs. This includes standard windmill power and about 6 holes in the roof to allow for atmospheric harvesting from Trotsla coils. I'll need it all wired down to the workshop with .4 rated cantleum wiring able to stand 900 Saddles due to the fact the weather isn't exactly stable any more."

Mach takes a breath from the rant he just spit out. It was really just a gigantic way of saying 'absurd amounts of power' in pony-engineer talk. "And uh, the sooner the better."

"Ooh! Somepony who knows the lingo!" the young filly says, opening the door and beckoning Mach inside. As he passes her, he can see her cutie mark, which amounts to a jolly roger, except with a hammer and screwdriver in place of the crossed swords and the 'skull' wearing a construction hardhat. She's young enough that he might have half been expecting her to be a blank flank.

Around the interior of the guild hall, Mach can see ponies of every shape and size working on projects just as varied. There are areas dedicated to building plans, an area for mecha storage/maintenance (though currently empty of a mecha), areas filled with devices for any conceivable function (and a few that even Mach has no idea what they might be used for), and even an entire corner taken up with what could only be an inventor's workspace.

"Most of the guild is out doing repair jobs right now. The North Gate is a particular high priority at the moment," the filly jabbers on, leading Mach to what looks like an office.

"Poppa's in through there," the filly says. "He'll go over the estimate for you."

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 01:46 PM
"Somehow I feel sick of romantic comedy, even though I don't watch them." she comments.

"I guess I can see why. What with life and all kind of being like comedys 24/7. Sometimes it feels as if someone else is controling me, and doesn't care at all what happens to me, and tries to make me date all these random mares, even though this is real life. But still, do you want to see the Duke Nukem Forever movie then?"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 01:51 PM
she shrugs. "Why not."

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 01:55 PM
she shrugs. "Why not."
Zach gave a smile.
"Great!"
A waiter came by with the bill and grabbed their now empty dishes. Zach paid the bill, and he walked back outside with Scarlet, and got in Stazengann. They then flew off to the local drive-in movie theater to catch the Duke Nukem Forever movie.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 02:04 PM
Indeed they do.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 02:06 PM
About halfway through the movie(at a part where Duke was shooting a Cycloid in the eye), Zach gave a yawn, and slowly put his arm around Scarlet.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 02:08 PM
She doesn't say anything. Interesting.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 02:12 PM
She doesn't say anything. Interesting.

Zach sits there comfertably with his arm around Scarlet, he felt happy that she didn't set his arm on fire. He then positioned himself incase she leaned on him. He watched as Duke Nukem drank a beer and shoved a grenade down a pony's pants, and run off with the pin.

MCerberus
2011-06-25, 02:45 PM
"Ooh! Somepony who knows the lingo!" the young filly says, opening the door and beckoning Mach inside. As he passes her, he can see her cutie mark, which amounts to a jolly roger, except with a hammer and screwdriver in place of the crossed swords and the 'skull' wearing a construction hardhat. She's young enough that he might have half been expecting her to be a blank flank.

Around the interior of the guild hall, Mach can see ponies of every shape and size working on projects just as varied. There are areas dedicated to building plans, an area for mecha storage/maintenance (though currently empty of a mecha), areas filled with devices for any conceivable function (and a few that even Mach has no idea what they might be used for), and even an entire corner taken up with what could only be an inventor's workspace.

"Most of the guild is out doing repair jobs right now. The North Gate is a particular high priority at the moment," the filly jabbers on, leading Mach to what looks like an office.

"Poppa's in through there," the filly says. "He'll go over the estimate for you."

Mach flies down the hallways following the young filly, having some of his attention taken by the workings of the guild workshop. Large-scale things had always frustrated him. You lose precision when looking at the larger picture. It's really quite an interesting divergence in technology. Traditional pegasus engineering theory was all about small perfect pieces of artifice, even the weather forges.

Without much hesitation, Mach thanks the little pony and enters the office. "Hi. I'm ah, here regarding the building modifications."

Crisis21
2011-06-25, 03:33 PM
Mach flies down the hallways following the young filly, having some of his attention taken by the workings of the guild workshop. Large-scale things had always frustrated him. You lose precision when looking at the larger picture. It's really quite an interesting divergence in technology. Traditional pegasus engineering theory was all about small perfect pieces of artifice, even the weather forges.

Without much hesitation, Mach thanks the little pony and enters the office. "Hi. I'm ah, here regarding the building modifications."

The large earth pony who stood up looked to be clean, but it was obvious that years of work around all manner of viscous substances had permanently stained his coat and mane until their original color was lost forever. His cutie mark was a standard crescent wrench, and behind him mounted on the wall was a massive adjustable monkey wrench that had to be at least twenty feet long and proportionately wide and thick.

"Hey there!" boomed the pony's loud voice. "Here's the guy with the amazing request that has my people talking!"

He strode over quickly and proceeded to enthusiastically shake Mach's hoof with enough force that he nearly made the entire foreleg go numb. That kind of strength could not possibly be natural.

"Rockem Wrench at your service!" he boomed, introducing himself. "I see you've already met my daughter Sockem!"

"Come in!" he continued, dragging Mach into the room and setting him in a chair as if he weighed no more than a feather. "Let's talk business!"

((A monkey wrench picture:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d0/Monkey_wrench_derivative_from_Rogers_1903_p172.png/150px-Monkey_wrench_derivative_from_Rogers_1903_p172.png ))

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 03:42 PM
Zach sits there comfertably with his arm around Scarlet, he felt happy that she didn't set his arm on fire. He then positioned himself incase she leaned on him. He watched as Duke Nukem drank a beer and shoved a grenade down a pony's pants, and run off with the pin.
She does not lean on him. :smalltongue:

MCerberus
2011-06-25, 03:50 PM
The Guild - Mach

Mach can only reply with a couple, "yah, uh."s while being lead into the room by the enthusiastic Rockem. He can barely get off an exclamation about his leg before being plopped into a chain. Mach winces and then resumes the low-altitude hover.

"Machanic deZephyr. I usually just go by Mach. It's a pleasure." Mach reaches into his pack and gets out the diagram explaining the power draw of his Trotsla coils. "It seems you've looked at the specifications. The power system isn't a steady draw, It's going to require spike protection. Without going into detail, electromagical conversion."

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 03:54 PM
She does not lean on him. :smalltongue:

The movie ends with Duke Nukem punching an alien. The credits are rolling and everyone but Scarlet and Zach have left. He turns to her and withdraws his arm.
"What did you think of the movie?"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 03:57 PM
"It was alright." she shrugs.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 04:03 PM
"It was alright." she shrugs.

Zach is now driving Stazengann, disappointed he couldn't do all of the cliches he wanted.
"Sooo, want to go fight some evil monsters?"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 05:07 PM
She shrugs. "Are you going to almost die again?"

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 05:11 PM
She shrugs. "Are you going to almost die again?"

"Not if I got you covering me, Miss Fireball."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 05:54 PM
"I don't want to have to save your life. Again." she says.

(Clearly he should have to save hers.)

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 06:01 PM
"I don't want to have to save your life. Again." she says.

(Clearly he should have to save hers.)

"Aww, you know you like to save my life. It pushes me further and further into owing you. And last time you did it you seemed pretty worried about me too."
He gives a small smile.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 06:09 PM
"I wasn't worried about you! I was worried that someone else would get to kill you before me." she lies.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 06:10 PM
"I wasn't worried about you! I was worried that someone else would get to kill you before me." she lies.

"Well, you want to spar then? Get out some of your aggression towards me? I haven't spared with a good fighter for a while, and you are a great fighter."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 06:18 PM
She shrugs. "Sure. But don't cry when I win." smirk.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 06:24 PM
She shrugs. "Sure. But don't cry when I win." smirk.

He smiled.
"Deal, but if I win, you owe me a favor."
He slows down and lands Stazengann in a clearing in the forest. He opens the storage compartment and grabs 2 wooden katanas. He throws one to Scarlet, and goes to the middle of the clearing. He assumes a stance and looks at her.
"You ready? You lose if you get hit by the sword three times."

Mystic Muse
2011-06-25, 07:21 PM
Some ponies cloaked in shadows silently went into Soft's Bar. They saw Hullabaloo, and they got out their sack. They crept up behind her, duck tapped her mouth, and put the sack over her.

The bag naturally makes a ton of commotion on their way to wherever they're going.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 07:32 PM
The bag naturally makes a ton of commotion on their way to wherever they're going.

The two ponies drive a long way in a strange vehical. They get out and bring the sack with them. They drop the sack, and it opens. Hullabaloo should be in a large cage right now with an elderly stallion with a mustache standing infront of her. The room is a library.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-25, 07:35 PM
The two ponies drive a long way in a strange vehical. They get out and bring the sack with them. They drop the sack, and it opens. Hullabaloo should be in a large cage right now with an elderly stallion with a mustache standing infront of her. The room is a library.

She pulls off the duct tape, and as usual simply says Hi.

(In response to Lix)

Soft hugs Luna back.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 07:37 PM
She pulls off the duct tape, and as usual simply says Hi.

(In response to Lix)

Soft hugs Luna back.

"Hello Hullabaloo. My name is General Hullaxburom. I understand you know Miss Smoothie. You see, me and her are old friends, and I've been trying to contact her for a long time. Could you tell me where she lives?"

Mystic Muse
2011-06-25, 07:40 PM
"Hello Hullabaloo. My name is General Hullaxburom. I understand you know Miss Smoothie. You see, me and her are old friends, and I've been trying to contact her for a long time. Could you tell me where she lives?"

Bar. Is all she says in response.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 07:43 PM
Scarlet
She catches the sword with her magic.
"Fine." she smirks, trying to remember her duelling lessons.

Luna
"I have missed you..." she murmurs. "It's very lonely here..."

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 07:44 PM
Bar. Is all she says in response.

"Oh really now? Well, then. Could you take a message to her for me then?"
----
Zach rushes in at Scarlet, he's a blur and is suddenly behind her. She will have felt something hard briefly touch her.
"Too slow."
((He's trying to make her angry. And yes, she's suppose to narrowly win.))

Mystic Muse
2011-06-25, 07:48 PM
Scarlet
She catches the sword with her magic.
"Fine." she smirks, trying to remember her duelling lessons.

Luna
"I have missed you..." she murmurs. "It's very lonely here..."

Well, Sunny is here to keep you company right? And I brought you somepony else to keep you company. she says. Which is odd considering there's nopony else with her. She points to the bag she brought up earlier.

"Oh really now? Well, then. Could you take a message to her for me then?"

Yes. Hullabaloo says nodding.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 07:58 PM
Zach rushes in at Scarlet, he's a blur and is suddenly behind her. She will have felt something hard briefly touch her.
"Too slow."
((He's trying to make her angry. And yes, she's suppose to narrowly win.))
She growls, and the blade lashes for him, her not actually moving.

Well, Sunny is here to keep you company right? And I brought you somepony else to keep you company. she says. Which is odd considering there's nopony else with her. She points to the bag she brought up earlier.
"True... and what? Who?"

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 08:13 PM
She growls, and the blade lashes for him, her not actually moving.

"True... and what? Who?"

The blade got Zach on the back of his head, he then went after Scarlet again, missing on purpose and smiling in front of her just to get her angry.
------
"Tell her that she's next. And this is a dream."
He clapped his hooves together, and Hullabaloo will find that she's awake.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-25, 08:24 PM
"True... and what? Who?"

Like I said. It's no longer safe in Bridle Shores. Soft says pulling the bag over to where they are and opening it.

Hullabaloo pops out.

Hi. is all she says as usual. She hugs Luna too.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 08:31 PM
The blade got Zach on the back of his head, he then went after Scarlet again, missing on purpose and smiling in front of her just to get her angry.
Angry she will get, and she'll attack faster again...and start forming barriers magically to defend herself.

Like I said. It's no longer safe in Bridle Shores. Soft says pulling the bag over to where they are and opening it.

Hullabaloo pops out.

Hi. is all she says as usual. She hugs Luna too.
"...is she... yours..?" she asks, slowly.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 08:34 PM
Angry she will get, and she'll attack faster again...and start forming barriers magically to defend herself.

As Scarlet starts to get angry and faster, Zach narrowly avoids her sword. He gave her a smile.
"You know, you're kinda cute when you get angry."
He said this while stabbing forwards, hoping his comment would take her off guard.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-25, 08:39 PM

Yes, this is my daughter Hullabaloo. Soft says simply.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-25, 10:20 PM
As Scarlet starts to get angry and faster, Zach narrowly avoids her sword. He gave her a smile.
"You know, you're kinda cute when you get angry."
He said this while stabbing forwards, hoping his comment would take her off guard.
Unfortunately, it makes her horn glow brighter, the shield get stronger, and the sword get faster as she growls furiously. Oops.

Yes, this is my daughter Hullabaloo. Soft says simply.
"...she's very cute."

Mystic Muse
2011-06-25, 10:31 PM
"Tell her that she's next. And this is a dream."
He clapped his hooves together, and Hullabaloo will find that she's awake.

(I'm assuming a name and their appearance is enough to send a message to somepony with a scroll.)

What is it that you want? Why can't we sit down and talk about this peaceably rather than you talking to me through my niece? What do you want with me, or just mind readers in general? She writes on the scroll and sends it to the pony.

"...she's very cute."

Thanks. Soft says now withdrawing a bit.

Garion, I believe it is your time to shine.

Crisis21
2011-06-25, 10:36 PM
The Guild - Mach

Mach can only reply with a couple, "yah, uh."s while being lead into the room by the enthusiastic Rockem. He can barely get off an exclamation about his leg before being plopped into a chain. Mach winces and then resumes the low-altitude hover.

"Machanic deZephyr. I usually just go by Mach. It's a pleasure." Mach reaches into his pack and gets out the diagram explaining the power draw of his Trotsla coils. "It seems you've looked at the specifications. The power system isn't a steady draw, It's going to require spike protection. Without going into detail, electromagical conversion."

"Yeah, some of my ponies have been real excited about working on that," he says in a slightly less booming voice. "As you might guess, we don't get much technomagical gear out this way, much less the cutting edge stuff. I'm not saying we don't have anypony who can work on it though. Almost all of our technomagical equipment has been made in-house, and the rest has been modified to be better than the factories ever made them.

I'd like to work out a bit of a trade. We could use somepony to help instruct some of our members in electromagical technology. I'd be willing to knock off 30% of the final price for the job you requested in exchange."

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 10:38 PM
(I'm assuming a name and their appearance is enough to send a message to somepony with a scroll.)

What is it that you want? Why can't we sit down and talk about this peaceably rather than you talking to me through my niece? What do you want with me, or just mind readers in general? She writes on the scroll and sends it to the pony.

Smoothie will hear a small chuckle.
What we want is you out of the picture. If it wasn't for you reforming Zach, Celestia's Resistance would have destroyed Bridal Shores. Then he would have been too busy to notice his friend Jasmine disappear. You're a pesky gnat in our plans, and there will be no negotiating.
Smoothie is pushed out of his mind with one date stuck within her head. It was for 2 days later.
----
Zach got hit again by Scarlet.
"Fiesty, I wouldn't expect anything less from Scarlet Flair."
He goes in and somehow pierces through her shield and gets her with his sword. If either of them get hit by the sword again, they lose.

sildra45
2011-06-25, 10:44 PM
Garion

The black with white mane pony nodded, and took his stance before Luna, and saluted with his right hoof.

"Knight of the First Defense Armada: Garion reporting for duty, Princess Luna. I do hereby pledge my service to Equestria and all of its lands, creatures, and ponies; to Princess Luna, who watches over Equestria and guides it through times both good and bad; and to all who would attempt harm to those I pledge to, I shall do my utmost, on penalty of banishment, to serve and defend to my death, be it natural or otherwise, and ensure the safety and quality of life for all ponies."

He released the salute, and then bowed deeply.

Harten

"You're welcome. Hmmm."

He looked back at the shed, then Roy once more.

"Your personal weapon...is it special by any means, or just one of those from the barracks?"

Mystic Muse
2011-06-25, 10:48 PM
Smoothie will hear a small chuckle.
What we want is you out of the picture. If it wasn't for you reforming Zach, Celestia's Resistance would have destroyed Bridal Shores. Then he would have been too busy to notice his friend Jasmine disappear. You're a pesky gnat in our plans, and there will be no negotiating.
Smoothie is pushed out of his mind with one date stuck within her head. It was for 2 days later.

(She wasn't in his mind. It was a message sent on a scroll. She's sending another one by the way.)

....You do realize you're threatening an over five hundred year old wizard, whose sister has destroyed an entire army singlehandedly right? I just want you to be aware of just how badly we're going to curbstomp you. she sends back.

Mindfreak
2011-06-25, 10:58 PM
(She wasn't in his mind. It was a message sent on a scroll. She's sending another one by the way.)

....You do realize you're threatening an over five hundred year old wizard, whose sister has destroyed an entire army singlehandedly right? I just want you to be aware of just how badly we're going to curbstomp you. she sends back.

You have no idea of the power of our forces. Even as we speak, my soliders march on Bridal Shores. You have exactly 2 days to make your goodbyes. Have fun and say hi to my old leader in hell for me.

HalfTangible
2011-06-25, 11:30 PM
"There's a decent Chinese eatery nearby. Served me well enough in the past." Icy shrugged, and gestured for Lone Star to follow her.

Lone Star nodded and trotted behind her. He'd never had chinese before.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-25, 11:42 PM
You have no idea of the power of our forces. Even as we speak, my soliders march on Bridal Shores. You have exactly 2 days to make your goodbyes. Have fun and say hi to my old leader in hell for me.

Zach hears Smoothie's voice in his head.

Zach, get to the bar ASAP

MCerberus
2011-06-26, 12:21 AM
"Yeah, some of my ponies have been real excited about working on that," he says in a slightly less booming voice. "As you might guess, we don't get much technomagical gear out this way, much less the cutting edge stuff. I'm not saying we don't have anypony who can work on it though. Almost all of our technomagical equipment has been made in-house, and the rest has been modified to be better than the factories ever made them.

I'd like to work out a bit of a trade. We could use somepony to help instruct some of our members in electromagical technology. I'd be willing to knock off 30% of the final price for the job you requested in exchange."

Mach nods along as the pony explains their gear dilemma. Even in the best days factory-made junk was just that. A lot of defects get made into those things to prevent unicorn-operated sewing machines from exploding or ...well pretty much anything underwater.

"That would ah, be an acceptable trade depending on the specifics of what you want. If you've got somepony you want to apprentice that would work out, or we could do some lectures. If there's anything P-I-T prepares an artificer for, it's lectures."

Mach shakes his head. "Unfortunately my partial diagrams for the weather forges wound up lost at some point, those might have ah, been a help."

Grif
2011-06-26, 12:25 AM
Lone Star nodded and trotted behind her. He'd never had chinese before.

The pair soon came to a small, rather run-down eatery by the street. From the outside it looked to be empty, with a slightly crooked sign hanging above the door. Mr. Foo's Chinese Specials.

Icy rapped the door smartly. The door creaked open slowly, and a yellow stallion peeked out. "Ah if it isn't one of my best customer, Miss Icy Touch," he said in a very heavily accented Equestrian. "Come in, come in."

As the pair entered the shop, the shopowner continued, "I see you brought a friend. About time you got yourself a lifemate."

Icy felt her cheeks reddening in embarrassment. "No! It's nothing like that, Mr. Foo."

"Ah, you fillies say that everytime. Mr. Foo here knows all about their tricks. Come now, have a seat." He showed the pair to a table in the front and wiped it clean.

"Now, what do wish to have?" he took out a notepad and waited expectantly.

(I actually imagined his voice to be one of Jackie Chan's accent.)

Crisis21
2011-06-26, 12:38 AM
Harten

"You're welcome. Hmmm."

He looked back at the shed, then Roy once more.

"Your personal weapon...is it special by any means, or just one of those from the barracks?"

Roy continues the exercises as he speaks to Harten.

"It's my ancestral blade, sir and the namesake of my family, Clan Greenhilt. It was originally made for my grandfather Horace who was something of a famous hero and wandering swordspony in his day. You might have heard of him, or not, though he'd easily be older than you if he was still alive."

"If it was anything more than a very good sword originally, I don't know. A while back an enemy of mine shattered it and I had to get it reforged. I had some 'starmetal' from a magical meteorite in my possession at the time and the smith worked it into the blade. It's essentially unbreakable to my knowledge, is able to cut through materials that can stop most swords, and can glow with green energy for extra power that works exceedingly well against necromantic energies."

sildra45
2011-06-26, 01:07 AM
Roy continues the exercises as he speaks to Harten.

"It's my ancestral blade, sir and the namesake of my family, Clan Greenhilt. It was originally made for my grandfather Horace who was something of a famous hero and wandering swordspony in his day. You might have heard of him, or not, though he'd easily be older than you if he was still alive."

"If it was anything more than a very good sword originally, I don't know. A while back an enemy of mine shattered it and I had to get it reforged. I had some 'starmetal' from a magical meteorite in my possession at the time and the smith worked it into the blade. It's essentially unbreakable to my knowledge, is able to cut through materials that can stop most swords, and can glow with green energy for extra power that works exceedingly well against necromantic energies."

Harten

"Very well. I have an idea, but it will take some considerable thought on your part, as well as considerably more training than I had originally intended. While most earth ponies have difficulty with the prospect, it is actually possible for us to wield to weapons at once. It takes a special set of armor to do it, and while I don't know how to make one, I do have a set that just might fit you...and a sword to go with it."

Harten looked back at the shed, then to the sword on his back.

"It was once the companion of my own, but I'm past those days now, and my blade here has seen better days. But you won't see me part from it. Oh no. It's survived this long with me, and it'll last just long enough to go with me to my grave. But enough about that. Are you interested? It'll be even tougher than what I'm doing to you now."

Crisis21
2011-06-26, 01:25 AM
Mach nods along as the pony explains their gear dilemma. Even in the best days factory-made junk was just that. A lot of defects get made into those things to prevent unicorn-operated sewing machines from exploding or ...well pretty much anything underwater.

"That would ah, be an acceptable trade depending on the specifics of what you want. If you've got somepony you want to apprentice that would work out, or we could do some lectures. If there's anything P-I-T prepares an artificer for, it's lectures."

Mach shakes his head. "Unfortunately my partial diagrams for the weather forges wound up lost at some point, those might have ah, been a help."

Rockem waved off the difficulty. "Lectures are fine, but I think most would benefit from a more 'hooves on' approach. All I want is whatever expertise and experience you have to offer to my ponies. I trust them enough to build from that."

"If that's settled, let's get the ponies who will be working on your home modifications in here."

"BILLY!" he called out loud enough that surely somepony outside, and across town, had heard him.

A few moments later, a skinny unicorn poked his head into the office, breathing heavily as if he'd just ran the distance to the door. He was in his early or mid teens, and was covered in all sorts of devices. Devices that Mach could tell were designed for precision work, and looked to have been constructed by hoof. His cutie mark was a basic electromagical arc device.

Billy had to raise a set of head-mounted magnifiers from where they had fallen over his face when he entered the room.

"Yes, sir?"

"Billy, this is Mach. The pony who put forth the order you showed so much interest in."

Billy was now staring at Mach with something akin to awe. It only lasted a moment before he mastered himself and straightened up into a businesslike posture.

"A pleasure to meet you, sir," he said to Mach formally.

---------------------------------------------------

Harten

"Very well. I have an idea, but it will take some considerable thought on your part, as well as considerably more training than I had originally intended. While most earth ponies have difficulty with the prospect, it is actually possible for us to wield to weapons at once. It takes a special set of armor to do it, and while I don't know how to make one, I do have a set that just might fit you...and a sword to go with it."

Harten looked back at the shed, then to the sword on his back.

"It was once the companion of my own, but I'm past those days now, and my blade here has seen better days. But you won't see me part from it. Oh no. It's survived this long with me, and it'll last just long enough to go with me to my grave. But enough about that. Are you interested? It'll be even tougher than what I'm doing to you now."

Roy looked a little startled, and flattered, but then it changed into a mildly regretful look. "My apologies, sir. I once knew a pony who did wield two weapons and did it very well. However, I'm afraid that type of combat doesn't really fit my style. My weapon is designed to be large and heavy, and I need to be able to put all my power behind it at any given moment to use it to its full potential. I've trained too long in this style to really be able to do another one justice. I do appreciate the offer though."

sildra45
2011-06-26, 01:33 AM
Roy looked a little startled, and flattered, but then it changed into a mildly regretful look. "My apologies, sir. I once knew a pony who did wield two weapons and did it very well. However, I'm afraid that type of combat doesn't really fit my style. My weapon is designed to be large and heavy, and I need to be able to put all my power behind it at any given moment to use it to its full potential. I've trained too long in this style to really be able to do another one justice. I do appreciate the offer though."

Harten

"Understood. Never hurts to ask."

Harten had continued the sword tapping the whole time, and suddenly slammed the flat of his own sword right on the tip of the training sword, and the entire thing shattered into literal dust right before Roy's eyes.

"That happens to be the move I'm intending to teach you. Even abnormal swords will dust or at least crack under its influence, and the toughest enchanted blades can be shattered, though they usually take a little longer to weaken to that point. It's something I've been meaning to pass on to somepony, and figured you'd be the one I'd teach it to. Now, I'll go get you another training blade while you think over what just happened."

Mindfreak
2011-06-26, 07:17 AM
Zach hears Smoothie's voice in his head.

Zach, get to the bar ASAP

What's wrong?

HalfTangible
2011-06-26, 08:15 AM
The pair soon came to a small, rather run-down eatery by the street. From the outside it looked to be empty, with a slightly crooked sign hanging above the door. Mr. Foo's Chinese Specials.

Icy rapped the door smartly. The door creaked open slowly, and a yellow stallion peeked out. "Ah if it isn't one of my best customer, Miss Icy Touch," he said in a very heavily accented Equestrian. "Come in, come in."

As the pair entered the shop, the shopowner continued, "I see you brought a friend. About time you got yourself a lifemate."

Icy felt her cheeks reddening in embarrassment. "No! It's nothing like that, Mr. Foo."

"Ah, you fillies say that everytime. Mr. Foo here knows all about their tricks. Come now, have a seat." He showed the pair to a table in the front and wiped it clean.

"Now, what do wish to have?" he took out a notepad and waited expectantly.

(I actually imagined his voice to be one of Jackie Chan's accent.)

Lone Star didn't say anything to 'lifemate', but there was a bit of a smirk on his face when they got to the table. He looked over the menu for a bit. Not recognizing anything, he picked something that had rice in it (according to the menu) and moved on.

Grif
2011-06-26, 09:58 AM
Lone Star didn't say anything to 'lifemate', but there was a bit of a smirk on his face when they got to the table. He looked over the menu for a bit. Not recognizing anything, he picked something that had rice in it (according to the menu) and moved on.

Icy bit her lower lip in annoyance as she saw the smirk on his face. Mr. Foo however was oblivious and clapped his hooves in delight.

"Ah, so you chosen our Rice with Fried Mushrooms and Sauce. Very tasty." He then glanced at the blue mare. "And what would you have?"

"Just the usual, fried noodles in soya sauce."

Mr. Foo chuckled at that. "You should really try my latest creation, braised spinach."

Icy rolled her eyes. "Fine, you can mix it up with the noodles." She was personally wary of trying any of his new inventions, but she couldn't very well say no. Not in front of a... guest.

"And drinks?"

"I'll have Oolong tea." Icy said, before turning to Lone Star. "They do serve soft drinks as well if you prefer. Otherwise it's just tea, any tea you could name, he probably has it."

MCerberus
2011-06-26, 10:59 AM
Rockem waved off the difficulty. "Lectures are fine, but I think most would benefit from a more 'hooves on' approach. All I want is whatever expertise and experience you have to offer to my ponies. I trust them enough to build from that."

"If that's settled, let's get the ponies who will be working on your home modifications in here."

"BILLY!" he called out loud enough that surely somepony outside, and across town, had heard him.

A few moments later, a skinny unicorn poked his head into the office, breathing heavily as if he'd just ran the distance to the door. He was in his early or mid teens, and was covered in all sorts of devices. Devices that Mach could tell were designed for precision work, and looked to have been constructed by hoof. His cutie mark was a basic electromagical arc device.

Billy had to raise a set of head-mounted magnifiers from where they had fallen over his face when he entered the room.

"Yes, sir?"

"Billy, this is Mach. The pony who put forth the order you showed so much interest in."

Billy was now staring at Mach with something akin to awe. It only lasted a moment before he mastered himself and straightened up into a businesslike posture.

"A pleasure to meet you, sir," he said to Mach formally.

"If you have any current projects somepony's stuck on we cou-" Mach again flinches at the loud yelling. Apparently this is something he's going to have to get used to.

Mach can't really help but give a questioning look at some of Billy's creations. Exposed magic cores... those two can really be single use... that looks like an exposed telekinetic feedback loop? Still, being able to break the 100% efficiency barrier by the look of the arc device with improvised tools and tinkering.

"For me, 'sir' will only happen when I'll be too old to be useful or make some psycho noble happy. But, ah, I assume you have some questions?"

Mystic Muse
2011-06-26, 11:14 AM
What's wrong?

Some pony named General Hullaxburom is coming for me. he's the one behind the kidnappings. We have two days to prepare for what sounds like a war. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go warn Eric, Mike and Mica. Smoothie says, going off to look for Eric first.

Mindfreak
2011-06-26, 11:28 AM
Some pony named General Hullaxburom is coming for me. he's the one behind the kidnappings. We have two days to prepare for what sounds like a war. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go warn Eric, Mike and Mica. Smoothie says, going off to look for Eric first.

General Hullaxburom? But I thought I killed him.... This is big, bigger then I thought.
He gave a look at Scarlet.
"Sorry, we'll have to continue this another time. We have two days to prevent Bridal Shores from being utterly crushed underneath one of the most powerful dream controllers that should be dead. But hey, this was fun, too bad we don't have enough time for me to win. But can you grant me my favor anyways?"
He said the last part with a smile to try to win her over.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-26, 12:05 PM
Thanks. Soft says now withdrawing a bit.

Garion, I believe it is your time to shine.

Garion

The black with white mane pony nodded, and took his stance before Luna, and saluted with his right hoof.

"Knight of the First Defense Armada: Garion reporting for duty, Princess Luna. I do hereby pledge my service to Equestria and all of its lands, creatures, and ponies; to Princess Luna, who watches over Equestria and guides it through times both good and bad; and to all who would attempt harm to those I pledge to, I shall do my utmost, on penalty of banishment, to serve and defend to my death, be it natural or otherwise, and ensure the safety and quality of life for all ponies."

He released the salute, and then bowed deeply.
She smiles softly. "It is wonderful to have you back again... Celestia would be so..." her words stopped in her throat, and a shadow crossed the face of the moon.

General Hullaxburom? But I thought I killed him.... This is big, bigger then I thought.
He gave a look at Scarlet.
"Sorry, we'll have to continue this another time. We have two days to prevent Bridal Shores from being utterly crushed underneath one of the most powerful dream controllers that should be dead. But hey, this was fun, too bad we don't have enough time for me to win. But can you grant me my favor anyways?"
He said the last part with a smile to try to win her over.
"You have to go, you forfeit, I win." smirk.

Mindfreak
2011-06-26, 12:17 PM
She smiles softly. "It is wonderful to have you back again... Celestia would be so..." her words stopped in her throat, and a shadow crossed the face of the moon.

"You have to go, you forfeit, I win." smirk.

"We both have to go. And that's why I'm doing.....this!"
He tapped her with his sword and laughed.
"You let your guard down! Now you have to give my favor!"
He smiled and laughed a little.

sildra45
2011-06-26, 01:25 PM

Garion

"I understand that something severe happened while I was...away. If there is anything I can do, ask it of me, and I shall do my best...as soon as I forge a new set of armor."

Crisis21
2011-06-26, 02:21 PM
Harten

"Understood. Never hurts to ask."

Harten had continued the sword tapping the whole time, and suddenly slammed the flat of his own sword right on the tip of the training sword, and the entire thing shattered into literal dust right before Roy's eyes.

"That happens to be the move I'm intending to teach you. Even abnormal swords will dust or at least crack under its influence, and the toughest enchanted blades can be shattered, though they usually take a little longer to weaken to that point. It's something I've been meaning to pass on to somepony, and figured you'd be the one I'd teach it to. Now, I'll go get you another training blade while you think over what just happened."

[Training Grounds - YOU BROKE MY.... oh, wait, that wasn't actually my sword]

Roy wasn't an idiot. He knew that the action of tapping his blade had some sort of purpose, but he hadn't quite expected this. He had to admit that this was quite impressive.

He grinned to himself as he waited for Harten to get back. He still intended to train for his original technique idea, but this was an unexpected bonus.

--------------------------------------------------

"If you have any current projects somepony's stuck on we cou-" Mach again flinches at the loud yelling. Apparently this is something he's going to have to get used to.

Mach can't really help but give a questioning look at some of Billy's creations. Exposed magic cores... those two can really be single use... that looks like an exposed telekinetic feedback loop? Still, being able to break the 100% efficiency barrier by the look of the arc device with improvised tools and tinkering.

"For me, 'sir' will only happen when I'll be too old to be useful or make some psycho noble happy. But, ah, I assume you have some questions?"

[Public Works Guild - ......does this kid need to breathe?]

Billy nodded enthusiastically, causing his devices to rattle a bit with the rapid movement, and launched into a rapid series of questions regarding the technical specifications of Mach's plans. If Mach can follow the rapid speech, he'll be fairly impressed with Billy's level of knowledge as he's inquiring about concepts that most ponies in the field don't encounter until they reach college which Billy is too young to have attended. Mach is also probably wondering if Billy is going to run out of breath any time soon as he doesn't seem to be either stopping or pausing.

-----------------------------------------------------

[With Smoothie - Who, or what, is this?]

"Hey little girl, what's the rush?" comes a voice out of nowhere. Smoothie can tell it's not a telepathic message as she is clearly perceiving it with her ears. She can also tell that there is a mind close to her now that she's actively looking for it. However, for the life of her, she can't see where the voice is coming from.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-26, 02:34 PM
[With Smoothie - Who, or what, is this?]

"Hey little girl, what's the rush?" comes a voice out of nowhere. Smoothie can tell it's not a telepathic message as she is clearly perceiving it with her ears. She can also tell that there is a mind close to her now that she's actively looking for it. However, for the life of her, she can't see where the voice is coming from.

I don't know who you are, or how much I can trust you so I'm not going to tell you. At the very least, not until I can actually see you. She responds. Her horn will starts glowing and she'll now have a few abjurations around her that'll prevent surprise attacks.

sildra45
2011-06-26, 02:39 PM
[Training Grounds - YOU BROKE MY.... oh, wait, that wasn't actually my sword]

Roy wasn't an idiot. He knew that the action of tapping his blade had some sort of purpose, but he hadn't quite expected this. He had to admit that this was quite impressive.

He grinned to himself as he waited for Harten to get back. He still intended to train for his original technique idea, but this was an unexpected bonus.

Harten

Harten returned with an even heavier blade than the last one, and put it point first in the ground, just like the previous one.

"Here you go. Level two. I won't even tell you their weights until we're done with the training. I learned that telling a pony the actual weight had a habit of making it seem even heavier to them."

Crisis21
2011-06-26, 02:46 PM
I don't know who you are, or how much I can trust you so I'm not going to tell you. At the very least, not until I can actually see you. She responds. Her horn will starts glowing and she'll now have a few abjurations around her that'll prevent surprise attacks.

"By the Spirits, you big ponies still can't pay attention to who's around ya," the voice says in exhasperation. Smoothie can feel it move from one side of her to the other, moving over her if her telepathic perception is accurate. It then moves in front of her face and she can feel something touch her nose. She still can't see anypony in front of her who could be doing this.

"There, that close enough for ya?" the voice says, and Smoothie could swear it's coming from the tip of her nose. She crosses her eyes a bit to look at what's on her nose, and sees a tiny pony?

The pony is no more than an inch tall, and is wearing a large (for him) cloak and a huge (for his head) hat. He also seems to posses the wings of a fly that are settled on his back.

Harten

Harten returned with an even heavier blade than the last one, and put it point first in the ground, just like the previous one.

"Here you go. Level two. I won't even tell you their weights until we're done with the training. I learned that telling a pony the actual weight had a habit of making it seem even heavier to them."

"Fair enough," Roy says as he draws the blade with significant effort and takes up a ready position. It is clear that he's straining to hold the proper form, but part of that may be due to the training he's already put in today and not just the weight of the blade. Fortunately, for all of his strain, he maintains the stance and waits for Harten's instruction to begin.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-26, 02:47 PM
"By the Spirits, you big ponies still can't pay attention to who's around ya," the voice says in exhasperation. Smoothie can feel it move from one side of her to the other, moving over her if her telepathic perception is accurate. It then moves in front of her face and she can feel something touch her nose. She still can't see anypony in front of her who could be doing this.

"There, that close enough for ya?" the voice says, and Smoothie could swear it's coming from the tip of her nose. She crosses her eyes a bit to look at what's on her nose, and sees a tiny pony?

The pony is no more than an inch tall, and is wearing a large (for him) cloak and a huge (for his head) hat. He also seems to posses the wings of a fly that are settled on his back.

....What the heck are you? she asks simply.

Crisis21
2011-06-26, 02:57 PM
....What the heck are you? she asks simply.

"WHAT?!" the tiny pony cries in outrage, jumping up and down on Smoothie's nose and seeming to vent large (compared to him) clouds of steam from his ears.

"You don't recognize the most famous of the Ponyflies?! Wandering Artist, Master Swordspony, Great Hero, Celestial Envoy of the Spirits?! I AM THE GREAT ISSUN!!!"

The tiny ponyfly's rage is so ridiculously large for his small stature that it makes him seem more comical than anything else. And even though he is jumping up and down on Smoothie's nose with what is clearly all his might, it feels like nothing more than a series of light taps.

MCerberus
2011-06-26, 03:11 PM
[Public Works Guild - ......does this kid need to breathe?]

Billy nodded enthusiastically, causing his devices to rattle a bit with the rapid movement, and launched into a rapid series of questions regarding the technical specifications of Mach's plans. If Mach can follow the rapid speech, he'll be fairly impressed with Billy's level of knowledge as he's inquiring about concepts that most ponies in the field don't encounter until they reach college which Billy is too young to have attended. Mach is also probably wondering if Billy is going to run out of breath any time soon as he doesn't seem to be either stopping or pausing.

After trying to get a word in edgewise, Mach insists on talking on the fly so that eventually he can get to the house to outline a few things that need to be done. That's also where his tools are. Considering the zeal Billy has for tinkering and the lack of knowledge of some pretty basic principles, some of his gear needs to be checked out to prevent explosion.

"You've, ah, got some knowledge on some of the more advanced techniques. The problem is you've sort of lost track of the why of it all. Think about why electromagical machine wings made for an earth pony won't work. There's nothing to amplify..." Mach goes on the explain some of the workings of his project, only to sidestep what the objective of it is. He does accidentally drop a few hints that there's a biologic component, however.

Crisis21
2011-06-26, 03:26 PM
After trying to get a word in edgewise, Mach insists on talking on the fly so that eventually he can get to the house to outline a few things that need to be done. That's also where his tools are. Considering the zeal Billy has for tinkering and the lack of knowledge of some pretty basic principles, some of his gear needs to be checked out to prevent explosion.

"You've, ah, got some knowledge on some of the more advanced techniques. The problem is you've sort of lost track of the why of it all. Think about why electromagical machine wings made for an earth pony won't work. There's nothing to amplify..." Mach goes on the explain some of the workings of his project, only to sidestep what the objective of it is. He does accidentally drop a few hints that there's a biologic component, however.

"That'sbecausepegasihavehollowbonestoreducetheirove rallbodymassratiosothattheirwingscanprovideenoughl ifttogetthemoffthegroudwhereasearthponieshaveamore solidbodystructuresoanyartificialwingsthatdon'tacc ountforthatdifferenceinbodymassratiowillalwaysfail ."

As they pass through the main work area of the guild, a few lighthearted calls of 'Hey, Billy! Don't blow the client up!' are heard. Apparently more than a few of Billy's contraptions have exploded in the past, enough that his fellow workers feel confident in treating it like a humorous occurrence.

Grif
2011-06-26, 03:27 PM
[Shell Shock - Ye Olde Black Scoltish Cyclops]

(Will be referencing TF2 throughout when playing this character, so be warned.)

"Hah, this must be the place Soldier was talking about. I swear he's getting soft in the head when he said this was a nice place to retire." Shell Shock announced to nopony in particular. He took another swig of his rum. Satisfactorily inebriated, he staggered into town, under the close scrutiny of the guardspony. In particular two best friends

"Eh Tyrol, you're not going to arrest the drunk?" Lemongrass asked, as he watched Shell Shock stagger around in the streets.

"Nah, I'm feeling charitable today. My best bud just admitted he had a full wing salute during training. That's my fill of funny for the day."

"... Can we drop that subject already?" Lemongrass growled.

"Not while I still can milk it." Tyrol replied nonchalantly, grinning.

MCerberus
2011-06-26, 03:44 PM
"That'sbecausepegasihavehollowbonestoreducetheirove rallbodymassratiosothattheirwingscanprovideenoughl ifttogetthemoffthegroudwhereasearthponieshaveamore solidbodystructuresoanyartificialwingsthatdon'tacc ountforthatdifferenceinbodymassratiowillalwaysfail ."

As they pass through the main work area of the guild, a few lighthearted calls of 'Hey, Billy! Don't blow the client up!' are heard. Apparently more than a few of Billy's contraptions have exploded in the past, enough that his fellow workers feel confident in treating it like a humorous occurrence.

Out on the Streets - Mach

Mach face-hoofs as Billy misses the whole point of the thought exercise. "Remember that completely artificial wings will either be mechanical or use an incredibly crude magical force that's been completed and compartmentalized before production. EM stuff always ah, deals with the user in a more direct way. A wing apparatus only works for a pegasus because they channel weather magic when they fly even without realizing it."

Acknowledging that Billy's about to explode by virtue of not talking or something, Mach adds, "So what spells do you usually use, Billy?"

Mystic Muse
2011-06-26, 04:06 PM
"WHAT?!" the tiny pony cries in outrage, jumping up and down on Smoothie's nose and seeming to vent large (compared to him) clouds of steam from his ears.

"You don't recognize the most famous of the Ponyflies?! Wandering Artist, Master Swordspony, Great Hero, Celestial Envoy of the Spirits?! I AM THE GREAT ISSUN!!!"

The tiny ponyfly's rage is so ridiculously large for his small stature that it makes him seem more comical than anything else. And even though he is jumping up and down on Smoothie's nose with what is clearly all his might, it feels like nothing more than a series of light taps.

Ah yes. Now I recognize you. Now move. Bridle Shores is going to be at war in two days, and I need to warn some of my friends about something. She says and continues to charge ahead to look for Eric.

Grif
2011-06-26, 04:13 PM
Out on the Streets - Mach

Mach face-hoofs as Billy misses the whole point of the thought exercise. "Remember that completely artificial wings will either be mechanical or use an incredibly crude magical force that's been completed and compartmentalized before production. EM stuff always ah, deals with the user in a more direct way. A wing apparatus only works for a pegasus because they channel weather magic when they fly even without realizing it."

Acknowledging that Billy's about to explode by virtue of not talking or something, Mach adds, "So what spells do you usually use, Billy?"

Shell Shock was drunk enough that he bumped into the two in full speed, knocking down Billy and spraying rum all over Mach.

"Wha..? Watch where you goin' yer git," he drunkenly said, still somehow holding on to the bottle in his mouth.

MCerberus
2011-06-26, 04:50 PM
Shell Shock was drunk enough that he bumped into the two in full speed, knocking down Billy and spraying rum all over Mach.

"Wha..? Watch where you goin' yer git," he drunkenly said, still somehow holding on to the bottle in his mouth.

Dealing with Drunks - Mach

Mach dodges the majority of the booze spray due to already being airborne. He moves a little bit closer from his safe distance away, but not too much. You need to avoid the smell of 'drunk in the morning'.

"Isn't it ah a little early to be completely oblivious?"

Grif
2011-06-26, 04:56 PM
Dealing with Drunks - Mach

Mach dodges the majority of the booze spray due to already being airborne. He moves a little bit closer from his safe distance away, but not too much. You need to avoid the smell of 'drunk in the morning'.

"Isn't it ah a little early to be completely oblivious?"

"Obliv-wha? You using yer fancy words on me, lad? Why I oughta blow you sky high fer that..." Shell Shock slurred, dropping the bottle and pulling out a grenade launcher from his saddlepacks.

"See 'ere. Ole' Bessie needs a workout..." he continued, before suddenly facehoofing. "What am I sayin', I'm supposed to be retired from all this nonsense." The drunk put away his weapon again and eyed Mach closely. "Say, you look like a fine lad. Know of any place that require a good kablooey time?" he asked, completely forgetting his earlier animosity.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-26, 05:05 PM
Scarlet
Scarlet growls in fury.
"You cheating little (expletive deleted)!"

Luna
Luna nods slowly. "Thank you."

MCerberus
2011-06-26, 05:23 PM
"Obliv-wha? You using yer fancy words on me, lad? Why I oughta blow you sky high fer that..." Shell Shock slurred, dropping the bottle and pulling out a grenade launcher from his saddlepacks.

"See 'ere. Ole' Bessie needs a workout..." he continued, before suddenly facehoofing. "What am I sayin', I'm supposed to be retired from all this nonsense." The drunk put away his weapon again and eyed Mach closely. "Say, you look like a fine lad. Know of any place that require a good kablooey time?" he asked, completely forgetting his earlier animosity.

Mach rolls his eyes at the mood swings of the demopony. It's good that it was just a bluster coming from him. That's how that type have been known to respond, but sometimes they go crazy.

"Well I think someone beat you to it." Mach points out some damaged buildings. "Someone at a bar might know of something, but I don't know if they're open yet. You're likely going to get acquainted with those place ah soon enough anyway."

Harassing Some Dumb Guardponies - Staccata

Well at least that drunk was a good distraction. Not like it'd be hard to sneak into this town anyway. Still boring without anyone knowing she was here. Staccata uncovers her face from the hood's cloak and begins loudly munching an apple behind Tyrol and Lemongrass.

Seemingly at random, she throws a small sack of coins at Lemongrass, possibly with the bits having been liberated from him earlier. "Thanks for the treat, boys. Plenty of change left."

Mindfreak
2011-06-26, 05:43 PM
Scarlet
Scarlet growls in fury.
"You cheating little (expletive deleted)!"

Luna
Luna nods slowly. "Thank you."

"Not my fault you let your guard down. Now you owe me a favor."
He gave a small smile.
"Should I bring it in now, or should I wait......hmmmm."
He rubs his chin in mock thought.
"Yeah, I think I will use it now."
He gave a serious look towards Scarlet.
"I want you to never set me on fire again unless I am invaded in ice. Also, I want a hug."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-26, 05:47 PM
Twitch.

Twitchtwitch.

I think you broke her.

Mindfreak
2011-06-26, 05:50 PM
Twitch.

Twitchtwitch.

I think you broke her.

Zach gave a small little laugh at her twitching. He was afraid to poke her as the cliche demanded, because she might set him on fire.
"You okay, Scarlet?"
Mock concern was on his face, he had demanded a hug because he wanted to see her reaction.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-26, 05:55 PM
More twitching.

sildra45
2011-06-26, 05:57 PM
Harten

The old Drill Sargent started Roy on some more basic excersises, the heavy blade and the heavy armor combined starting to truly weigh down on Roy. He wasn't carrying the weight of a guild...he was carrying the weight of a town it felt like!

"May have to level your armor to 2 as well. You're getting better much faster than I espected. I'll be able to teach you that technique by tomorrow if you keep this up."

What the hell is with this pony? It took me a full year just to get used to the first level of armor, and he's done it in nearly one day! All the legends of Simmer stated that his armor by itself weighed in about 1/3 of a ton, and I've got this bucko in a 200lb suit swinging a sword that weighs 175, already ready for the second suit. The sword on his back can't be more than 45lbs, and the one I dusted was 125. If I teach him the Duster technique, he'll be able to dust even Lathgon, MY dueling blade.

Garion

"And thank you, my Princess. I shall now take my leave of you, with your permission, to forge my new armor, and also look for a new home. I don't want to bother any of my descendants for a home, when I can earn one myself."

He turned to Soft.

"And you...if you need anything, do not hesitate to call upon me. I owe you and your sister my life."

Mindfreak
2011-06-26, 05:59 PM
More twitching.

Zach carefully took the sword from Scarlet, and put it into the storage of Stazengann. He then carefully prodded Scarlet, now actually worried about Scarlet which was apparent on his face.
"Are you okay?"

HalfTangible
2011-06-26, 06:20 PM
Icy bit her lower lip in annoyance as she saw the smirk on his face. Mr. Foo however was oblivious and clapped his hooves in delight.

"Ah, so you chosen our Rice with Fried Mushrooms and Sauce. Very tasty." He then glanced at the blue mare. "And what would you have?"

"Just the usual, fried noodles in soya sauce."

Mr. Foo chuckled at that. "You should really try my latest creation, braised spinach."

Icy rolled her eyes. "Fine, you can mix it up with the noodles." She was personally wary of trying any of his new inventions, but she couldn't very well say no. Not in front of a... guest.

"And drinks?"

"I'll have Oolong tea." Icy said, before turning to Lone Star. "They do serve soft drinks as well if you prefer. Otherwise it's just tea, any tea you could name, he probably has it."

Lone Star shook his head. "Water, please." After Mr.Foo left the table, he looked to Icy, smirk still on his face. "You bring a friend to a restaurant, and the first time Mr.Foo meets him, he automatically assumes you and he are lifemates?"

Grif
2011-06-26, 06:34 PM
Mach rolls his eyes at the mood swings of the demopony. It's good that it was just a bluster coming from him. That's how that type have been known to respond, but sometimes they go crazy.

"Well I think someone beat you to it." Mach points out some damaged buildings. "Someone at a bar might know of something, but I don't know if they're open yet. You're likely going to get acquainted with those place ah soon enough anyway."

"Ah cripe. I knew I shouldn't have stopped by Trotingham." Shell Shock picked up the bottle on the floor and took another swig, oblivious to the his fellow ponies reaction. "Ahhh... needed that. Well, off to the bar. I need me a refill."

Well at least that drunk was a good distraction. Not like it'd be hard to sneak into this town anyway. Still boring without anyone knowing she was here. Staccata uncovers her face from the hood's cloak and begins loudly munching an apple behind Tyrol and Lemongrass.

Seemingly at random, she throws a small sack of coins at Lemongrass, possibly with the bits having been liberated from him earlier. "Thanks for the treat, boys. Plenty of change left."

Lemongrass grunted in pain as the sack of coin hit him. "Wha? Wait, is this my purse?!"

"Oh dear, I believe you just been pickpocketed." Tyrol remarked casually.

"Classy move lady. Now I'm going to have to bring you in." Lemongrass began stepping closer towards Staccata.

Lone Star shook his head. "Water, please." After Mr.Foo left the table, he looked to Icy, smirk still on his face. "You bring a friend to a restaurant, and the first time Mr.Foo meets him, he automatically assumes you and he are lifemates?"

"He's... a little eccentric." Icy admitted. "Coming from a culture who thinks mares should marry as soon as they become an adult... yeah." Icy didn't elaborate further, as she was obviously uncomfortable with the subject.

The shopowner came back later with their drinks and then hopped off to the kitchen again.

MCerberus
2011-06-26, 06:48 PM
"Ah cripe. I knew I shouldn't have stopped by Trotingham." Shell Shock picked up the bottle on the floor and took another swig, oblivious to the his fellow ponies reaction. "Ahhh... needed that. Well, off to the bar. I need me a refill."

Out, damn Scot! - Mach
Without much more reaction that what he has shown earlier, Mach attempts to end his conversation with Shell Shock with a friendly/annoying warning,
"You know what that stuff'l do to your ah liver."

Lemongrass grunted in pain as the sack of coin hit him. "Wha? Wait, is this my purse?!"

"Oh dear, I believe you just been pickpocketed." Tyrol remarked casually.

"Classy move lady. Now I'm going to have to bring you in." Lemongrass began stepping closer towards Staccata.

A look of profound sadness comes over Staccata's face as Lemongrass... well, reacts as anypony could expect. "I thought you were going to be a gentlecolt."

Almost immediately after finishing that sentence, a mischievous smile creeps over the pony-rogue's face. She casually tosses the remainder of the apple at Lemongrass in the general eye direction and bolts off.

Grif
2011-06-26, 06:53 PM
Out, damn Scot! - Mach
Without much more reaction that what he has shown earlier, Mach attempts to end his conversation with Shell Shock with a friendly/annoying warning,

[Shell Shock/Freedom!]

"Ahhhh, but you aren't a Scoltlander." Shell Shock waved Mach off and trotted off drunkenly.

A look of profound sadness comes over Staccata's face as Lemongrass... well, reacts as anypony could expect. "I thought you were going to be a gentlecolt."

Almost immediately after finishing that sentence, a mischievous smile creeps over the pony-rogue's face. She casually tosses the remainder of the apple at Lemongrass in the general eye direction and bolts off.

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Halt, Criminal Scum!]

Lemongrass batted the apple off with a forehoof and sighed. Why do they always run? With a flap of his wings he took off after the alleged thief.

Tyrol shook his head and galloped off after the two, his shield buckle already loosened in case he needed to use more direct force.

MCerberus
2011-06-26, 07:04 PM
Fun With Petty Crime - Staccata

Well, they bit. Staccata is a firm believer in first impressions, and just letting her trot off would have ruined the fun for everyone. In a fillyish game, she dashes down alleyways, jumping on and over whatever obstacles arise. At one point, the roof of a nearby building became low enough to two-jump up to the roofs. Staccata takes a moment to see if the brave officers were still in pursuit.

HalfTangible
2011-06-26, 07:07 PM
"He's... a little eccentric." Icy admitted. "Coming from a culture who thinks mares should marry as soon as they become an adult... yeah." Icy didn't elaborate further, as she was obviously uncomfortable with the subject.

The shopowner came back later with their drinks and then hopped off to the kitchen again.

"Awwww..." He groaned. "That's boooring!"

He fell silent when the shopowner/waiter came back, then spoke again when he left. "I was hoping there'd be a good story there. Ah well..." His eyes grew dark as he looked down. "Pressed into marriage... heh. I know how THAT feels."

Grif
2011-06-26, 07:26 PM
Fun With Petty Crime - Staccata

Well, they bit. Staccata is a firm believer in first impressions, and just letting her trot off would have ruined the fun for everyone. In a fillyish game, she dashes down alleyways, jumping on and over whatever obstacles arise. At one point, the roof of a nearby building became low enough to two-jump up to the roofs. Staccata takes a moment to see if the brave officers were still in pursuit.

Lemongrass followed the thief doggedly, his wounded pride driving him on harder than any monetary loss did. "I'm so going to bring you down thief," he muttered.

Tyrol however, lost track of the two soon after, having lost sight of the thief in the second alleyway. "Drat." He stomped his hooves in the ground in frustration.

"Awwww..." He groaned. "That's boooring!"

He fell silent when the shopowner/waiter came back, then spoke again when he left. "I was hoping there'd be a good story there. Ah well..." His eyes grew dark as he looked down. "Pressed into marriage... heh. I know how THAT feels."

"I think... he would rather not me tell his story. He is kind of insistent on that." Icy said, before something in Lone Star's words struck her. "Huh, you said you know how being pressed into marriage feels?" she asked, raising an eyebrow quizzically.

HalfTangible
2011-06-26, 07:35 PM
"I think... he would rather not me tell his story. He is kind of insistent on that." Icy said,
"No, i meant one of your-"

before something in Lone Star's words struck her. "Huh, you said you know how being pressed into marriage feels?" she asked

"Yes. And I can tell you that it sucks when your culture tries to force you into it," He looked up, eyes even darker. "But it sucks worse when your potential spouse tries to get you into it. Especially if she's psychotic."

Why the hell am i telling her this?!

MCerberus
2011-06-26, 07:37 PM
Lemongrass followed the thief doggedly, his wounded pride driving him on harder than any monetary loss did. "I'm so going to bring you down thief," he muttered.

Tyrol however, lost track of the two soon after, having lost sight of the thief in the second alleyway. "Drat." He stomped his hooves in the ground in frustration.

A Limited Quantity of Rooftops - Staccata

Staccata didn't respond to Lemongrass' assertion. Unfortunately, something was going to have to bring her down. After a good number of rooftop, the street ends and there's nothing but a drop down. Pretty much expecting this, she turns back at Lemongrass with a smile.

"Now don't come closer or I'll jump."

Mystic Muse
2011-06-26, 07:46 PM
Garion

"And thank you, my Princess. I shall now take my leave of you, with your permission, to forge my new armor, and also look for a new home. I don't want to bother any of my descendants for a home, when I can earn one myself."

He turned to Soft.

"And you...if you need anything, do not hesitate to call upon me. I owe you and your sister my life."

Okay. Well, I'm sorry we can't stay longer Luna, but We should be going. I have a bad feeling- A scroll pops up in mid-air. Soft reads it.

Your highness, do you have any soldiers you can spare? Preferably ones that can get to Bridle shores in a small amount of time? Soft asks.

Orzel
2011-06-26, 07:56 PM
Grills

His room was crowded. He was in it of course. Piping Hot was being kept there as punishment. There were three ponies in there. The ninja mare Grills questioned was in there too.

Piping was leaning against the closet, glaring at her new superior. Her mane and make up was done, rather attractive for a pony who claimed to hate her captor. Her hair was done as if she spent all night getting it perfect.

The ninjasus mare was made pretty too. Again very unusual as ninja pegasi normally don't display their manes and flanks. She wore just a few strips of black cloth.

Grills wore an uniform. A new one, freshly pressed.
"I come to test your loyalty." Grills said as he appoached the bed where the ninja was sitting. He leaned over and nuzzled the mare.
"I am loyal, master," she replied.

Piping barked out in disbelief."Wh-what are you doing?"

"Making you hate me 'fore I go." Grills said as the ninja happily nuzzled him back.

Crisis21
2011-06-26, 09:10 PM
Out, damn Scot! - Mach

[With Mach - .....does this kid's brain have any setting other than 'severe sugar high'?]

All this time, Billy's been checking his various devices that he was wearing and rambling half to himself. His ramblings switch from the state of his devices, the issue of harnessing weather magic properly for an earth pony to supplement a proper wing device, and an array of spells that are pretty much useful only for technomagical work.

It's clear that the kid is brilliant, but he not only lacks a proper grounding in the basics of technomancy, he also has severe attention span issues.

Harten

The old Drill Sargent started Roy on some more basic excersises, the heavy blade and the heavy armor combined starting to truly weigh down on Roy. He wasn't carrying the weight of a guild...he was carrying the weight of a town it felt like!

"May have to level your armor to 2 as well. You're getting better much faster than I espected. I'll be able to teach you that technique by tomorrow if you keep this up."

What the hell is with this pony? It took me a full year just to get used to the first level of armor, and he's done it in nearly one day! All the legends of Simmer stated that his armor by itself weighed in about 1/3 of a ton, and I've got this bucko in a 200lb suit swinging a sword that weighs 175, already ready for the second suit. The sword on his back can't be more than 45lbs, and the one I dusted was 125. If I teach him the Duster technique, he'll be able to dust even Lathgon, MY dueling blade.

[Training Grounds - I think Roy overdid it.....]

Roy seems to be slowing down as the exercises go on. His eyes have also glazed over at some point and he is clearly doing the exercises through sheer muscle memory and willpower momentum. He obviously isn't in any state to engage his brain, and he doesn't seem to be processing anything Harten is saying.

If somepony doesn't do something, he may suffer a severe exhaustion injury.

Ah yes. Now I recognize you. Now move. Bridle Shores is going to be at war in two days, and I need to warn some of my friends about something. She says and continues to charge ahead to look for Eric.

[With Smoothie - Fancy running into you here]

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" Issun yelled after Smoothie as she took off and flew after her.

If smoothie is scanning for Eric's mind, she would hear what sounds like telepathic music up ahead.

Suddenly, Eric steps out in front of Smoothie, nearly running into her. "Oh, hello there," he says politely. "You must be Smoothie. Nice to finally meet you."

sildra45
2011-06-26, 09:28 PM
Okay. Well, I'm sorry we can't stay longer Luna, but We should be going. I have a bad feeling- A scroll pops up in mid-air. Soft reads it.

Your highness, do you have any soldiers you can spare? Preferably ones that can get to Bridle shores in a small amount of time? Soft asks.

Garion

He looked to Luna, then to Soft.

"You've got one right here beside you. I can fight even without my armor."

[Training Grounds - I think Roy overdid it.....]

Roy seems to be slowing down as the exercises go on. His eyes have also glazed over at some point and he is clearly doing the exercises through sheer muscle memory and willpower momentum. He obviously isn't in any state to engage his brain, and he doesn't seem to be processing anything Harten is saying.

If somepony doesn't do something, he may suffer a severe exhaustion injury.

Harten

The older pony shook his head, and quickly knocked the sword out of Roy's hold with a bare hoof, sending it flying and back into the ground point first.

"Such a stubborn lad. Now, let's get you into the bunker and to rest. You won't do anypony much good if you over tax your body to the point of destruction. That's it for today."

With a few hoof jabs, he removed the armor, letting it just fall off to the sides of Roy...who would likely now feel light as a feather.

Crisis21
2011-06-26, 10:13 PM
Harten

The older pony shook his head, and quickly knocked the sword out of Roy's hold with a bare hoof, sending it flying and back into the ground point first.

"Such a stubborn lad. Now, let's get you into the bunker and to rest. You won't do anypony much good if you over tax your body to the point of destruction. That's it for today."

With a few hoof jabs, he removed the armor, letting it just fall off to the sides of Roy...who would likely now feel light as a feather.

Roy doesn't seem to hear Harten. You may need to splash him with a bucket of water or something.

Grif
2011-06-26, 10:16 PM
"No, i meant one of your-"

"Yes. And I can tell you that it sucks when your culture tries to force you into it," He looked up, eyes even darker. "But it sucks worse when your potential spouse tries to get you into it. Especially if she's psychotic."

Why the hell am i telling her this?!

(I was wondering the same thing. We'll see how this goes. :p)

Icy narrowed her eyes on hearing 'pyschotic'. "You mean... you had a psycho girlfriend once?" she asked, remarkably straight-faced. "That... can't be healthy."

A Limited Quantity of Rooftops - Staccata

Staccata didn't respond to Lemongrass' assertion. Unfortunately, something was going to have to bring her down. After a good number of rooftop, the street ends and there's nothing but a drop down. Pretty much expecting this, she turns back at Lemongrass with a smile.

"Now don't come closer or I'll jump."

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Wings of Liberty]

"Hah, go ahead and jump. I doubt you'll do anything more than break a leg or two. Makes my job a hell lot easier. The doctor will fix you up in a jiffy." Lemongrass replied, a smirk on his face. He wasn't actually going to let her fall, he can be pretty fast if he wanted to, but it's good to give these criminals pause. Part of the job and all that.

HalfTangible
2011-06-26, 10:27 PM
(I was wondering the same thing. We'll see how this goes. :p)

Icy narrowed her eyes on hearing 'pyschotic'. "You mean... you had a psycho girlfriend once?" she asked, remarkably straight-faced. "That... can't be healthy."

Lone Star cocked an eyebrow. "I didn't know she was psycho until she gave me a gift. Specifically, a wallet, a bowling ball, and a cloak. All made out of my best female friend." His eye twitched. "And that was just the FIRST clue."

"So yeah, unhealthy. For everybody but me."

(He likes her, is why :smalltongue: But he doesn't know. So for now he's going to assume he enjoys grossing her out.)

Mystic Muse
2011-06-26, 10:29 PM
Garion

He looked to Luna, then to Soft.

"You've got one right here beside you. I can fight even without my armor."

Oh, you'll definitely help, but any other help we can get would be greatly appreciated.

[With Smoothie - Fancy running into you here]

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" Issun yelled after Smoothie as she took off and flew after her.

If smoothie is scanning for Eric's mind, she would hear what sounds like telepathic music up ahead.

Suddenly, Eric steps out in front of Smoothie, nearly running into her. "Oh, hello there," he says politely. "You must be Smoothie. Nice to finally meet you."

Nice to meet you too Eric of the Starlight Six. I just wish it were under better circumstances. She says gravely. I've received a message from the pony who has been behind the mind reader kidnappings. An army is coming to attack Bridle Shores. He said they'll be here in two days, but I suspect it'll be more like a few hours. She tells him.

Grif
2011-06-26, 10:32 PM
Lone Star cocked an eyebrow. "I didn't know she was psycho until she gave me a gift. Specifically, a wallet, a bowling ball, and a cloak. All made out of my best female friend." His eye twitched. "And that was just the FIRST clue."

"So yeah, unhealthy. For everybody but me."

(He likes her, is why :smalltongue: But he doesn't know. So for now he's going to assume he enjoys grossing her out.)

(Ah, was suspecting that for sometime now :p . Benson may have something else to say about that though. Not sure if Fox Trot in this universe follows the lite RP or not)

"I..." Icy felt a little ill hearing the rather graphic details. Sure, she had dealt with a lot of deaths and pretty gruesome scenes in the past, but those were mainly battle-related. Madness on the other hand... still made her uneasy.

"I'm not sure what to say," she finally replied.

MCerberus
2011-06-26, 10:37 PM
[With Mach - .....does this kid's brain have any setting other than 'severe sugar high'?]

All this time, Billy's been checking his various devices that he was wearing and rambling half to himself. His ramblings switch from the state of his devices, the issue of harnessing weather magic properly for an earth pony to supplement a proper wing device, and an array of spells that are pretty much useful only for technomagical work.

It's clear that the kid is brilliant, but he not only lacks a proper grounding in the basics of technomancy, he also has severe attention span issues.

It's Background Noise - Mach

As the pair continue to Machs workshop/house the ramblings seem to merge into a sound further indistinct from the background noise of the day. Coming up on the formerly abandoned house on Gallop Street, Mach stops Billy.

"There are better tools in the workshop. The device I have set up there... NOT A WORD. Not to anyone."

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Wings of Liberty]

"Hah, go ahead and jump. I doubt you'll do anything more than break a leg or two. Makes my job a hell lot easier. The doctor will fix you up in a jiffy." Lemongrass replied, a smirk on his face. He wasn't actually going to let her fall, he can be pretty fast if he wanted to, but it's good to give these criminals pause. Part of the job and all that.

The Staccata Identity - Staccata

"The thing about calling a bluff is-" With a certain grace, Staccata jumps backwards off the building, the wind catching her cloak as the force of gravity begins its work.

On the way down, she catches a ledge next to a window and uses it to slow down enough to avoid any serious injury. Staccata hits with a very dull thud and dashes off into another alleyway after a moment to get her inertia going in the right direction. Should have used the cloak as a distraction. Give her more time to find some shadows. This was pretty much the last gambit she'd planned for.

HalfTangible
2011-06-26, 10:40 PM
(Ah, was suspecting that for sometime now :p . Benson may have something else to say about that though. Not sure if Fox Trot in this universe follows the lite RP or not)

"I..." Icy felt a little ill hearing the rather graphic details. Sure, she had dealt with a lot of deaths and pretty gruesome scenes in the past, but those were mainly battle-related. Madness on the other hand... still made her uneasy.

"I'm not sure what to say," she finally replied.(I didn't exactly try to be subtle :smalltongue: )

Lone Star gave a wry grin. "'Dammit Lone Star, you ruined my appetite', perhaps?" He chuckled humorlessly. "'s in the past. Sorry for bringing it up."

Grif
2011-06-26, 10:56 PM
The Staccata Identity - Staccata

"The thing about calling a bluff is-" With a certain grace, Staccata jumps backwards off the building, the wind catching her cloak as the force of gravity begins its work.

On the way down, she catches a ledge next to a window and uses it to slow down enough to avoid any serious injury. Staccata hits with a very dull thud and dashes off into another alleyway after a moment to get her inertia going in the right direction. Should have used the cloak as a distraction. Give her more time to find some shadows. This was pretty much the last gambit she'd planned for.

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Chasing Crooks]

Lemongrass had half-anticipated she would jump, but he didn't think she would be acrobatic enough to use a ledge to slow her fall. Cursing under his breath, he went after her again. Tyrol you tightflank, you better be down there somewhere.

(I didn't exactly try to be subtle :smalltongue: )

Lone Star gave a wry grin. "'Dammit Lone Star, you ruined my appetite', perhaps?" He chuckled humorlessly. "'s in the past. Sorry for bringing it up."

(True that. :p)

"It'll take more than that to ruin my appetite. Anyhow, I did ask first, so joke's on me I guess," Icy said levelly.

Just that moment, Mr Foo arrived with their orders and placed their dishes in front of them. "I would say Bon Appetit, but I'm no Italian." The stallion chuckled at his own joke. "I'll leave you two alone."

Crisis21
2011-06-26, 11:05 PM
It's Background Noise - Mach

As the pair continue to Machs workshop/house the ramblings seem to merge into a sound further indistinct from the background noise of the day. Coming up on the formerly abandoned house on Gallop Street, Mach stops Billy.

"There are better tools in the workshop. The device I have set up there... NOT A WORD. Not to anyone."

Billy shakes his head rapidly to signify that he understands.

At the same time, a duo of Public Works ponies catches up to them. These two look like pretty standard utility workers. The kind of ponies who make sure everything is grounded, to code, and won't explode when you turn it on. "Sorry about this. The boss sent us to catch up to you."

----------------------------------------------------

Nice to meet you too Eric of the Starlight Six. I just wish it were under better circumstances. She says gravely. I've received a message from the pony who has been behind the mind reader kidnappings. An army is coming to attack Bridle Shores. He said they'll be here in two days, but I suspect it'll be more like a few hours. She tells him.

"Well, I'd say......." Eric was likely going to say something witty and tension breaking to cover his alarm, but he was cut off by a loud voice.

"WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA OF RUNNING OFF WHEN I'M TALKING TO YA?!" yelled the one inch ponyfly Issun as he caught up to Smoothie, hovering between her and Eric and venting largeish clouds of anger steam. "Oh, hey Eric," he said, suddenly noticing the other pony. "How's the spooniest bard in Equestria doing?"

Eric snorted rather forcefully at Issun, blowing him end over end into a wall.

"Hey, Issun," he said casually as if this action wasn't any cause for alarm. "Still the rudest artist anywhere I see."

"THAT'S 'GREATEST'!!" yelled Issun as he recovered, looking none the worse for wear after having been slammed into a wall.

"Sorry, we can't seem to take him anywhere," he stage-whispered to Smoothie.

As Issun hovered angrily around Eric's head in response, venting anger steam and swearing loudly, Eric became more serious. "Who else knows about this?"

MCerberus
2011-06-26, 11:09 PM
[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Chasing Crooks]
Lemongrass had half-anticipated she would jump, but he didn't think she would be acrobatic enough to use a ledge to slow her fall. Cursing under his breath, he went after her again. Tyrol you tightflank, you better be down there somewhere.

Who's in a Corner - Staccata

Darting into an alleyway to provide more cover with shadows, Staccata begins to formulate an actual escape plan. Something about the way the pegasus moves... got it. The acoustics of the town were easy enough to play with. She can throw her voice so that nopony can figure out where she is. A hiding space... dumpster... pile of clothes... or wedged in a particularly dark corner.

"I like a stallion that goes out of the way for what he wants. Tell ya what, you get the two bits back, you don't have to explain your utter failures in catching me before now, and we can get better acquainted later."

Even as Staccata speaks, she prepares a surprise if anypony tries to investigate any of the hiding spots.

Billy shakes his head rapidly to signify that he understands.

At the same time, a duo of Public Works ponies catches up to them. These two look like pretty standard utility workers. The kind of ponies who make sure everything is grounded, to code, and won't explode when you turn it on.

At Home with Explosions - Mach

Mach unlocks the door and points Billy towards the basement. "You should be able to straighten out your welder's Hoofstein field with the tool... 3rd shelf top. I've ah, got to point these guys to the roof."

Mach then proceeds to attempt to usher the other two workers towards the top of the house and into the crawlspace where the wires will be going.

HalfTangible
2011-06-26, 11:14 PM
(True that. :p)

"It'll take more than that to ruin my appetite. Anyhow, I did ask first, so joke's on me I guess," Icy said levelly.

Just that moment, Mr Foo arrived with their orders and placed their dishes in front of them. "I would say Bon Appetit, but I'm no Italian." The stallion chuckled at his own joke. "I'll leave you two alone."

Lone Star calmly bit into his food. Almost immediately he lapped up water from his cup. "Spicy."

Grif
2011-06-26, 11:24 PM
Who's in a Corner - Staccata

Darting into an alleyway to provide more cover with shadows, Staccata begins to formulate an actual escape plan. Something about the way the pegasus moves... got it. The acoustics of the town were easy enough to play with. She can throw her voice so that nopony can figure out where she is. A hiding space... dumpster... pile of clothes... or wedged in a particularly dark corner.

"I like a stallion that goes out of the way for what he wants. Tell ya what, you get the two bits back, you don't have to explain your utter failures in catching me before now, and we can get better acquainted later."

Even as Staccata speaks, she prepares a surprise if anypony tries to investigate any of the hiding spots.

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Where in Bridle Shores is Staccata?]

Lemongrass scratched his head as he heard the voice coming from multiple directions. Bloody hell, it sounds like she's in three places at once. Shrugging, he picked the nearest spot... which turns out to be a dumpster.

Meanwhile, Tyrol happened to be in the vicinity and heard the same voice echoing through the alleyways. He turned and galloped down the nearest alley.

Lone Star calmly bit into his food. Almost immediately he lapped up water from his cup. "Spicy."

"Mr Foo does so love his chilli." Icy chuckled, as she dug into her noodles. Taking a cautious bite of the new spinach, she made a face. "Remind me never to try anymore of his new inventions."

MCerberus
2011-06-26, 11:31 PM
[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Where in Bridle Shores is Staccata?]

Lemongrass scratched his head as he heard the voice coming from multiple directions. Bloody hell, it sounds like she's in three places at once. Shrugging, he picked the nearest spot... which turns out to be a dumpster.

Meanwhile, Tyrol happened to be in the vicinity and heard the same voice echoing through the alleyways. He turned and galloped down the nearest alley.

Staccata the THIIIIIIIIIRD - Staccata

That's right. Poke your head around. From the cover of the dark corner, Staccata readies a nearby moderately heavy object. Hopefully she read Lemongrass correctly. "You have chosen... poorly."

Staccata lets fly a rather rude blunt shock to one of Lemongrass' hind legs before making a blind sprint around and hopefully past the pegasus and towards the street.

((If the doc uses magic to heal she's in trouble then, aiming for the leg injured in the test))

Grif
2011-06-26, 11:53 PM
Staccata the THIIIIIIIIIRD - Staccata

That's right. Poke your head around. From the cover of the dark corner, Staccata readies a nearby moderately heavy object. Hopefully she read Lemongrass correctly. "You have chosen... poorly."

Staccata lets fly a rather rude blunt shock to one of Lemongrass' hind legs before making a blind sprint around and hopefully past the pegasus and towards the street.

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Do You Feel Lucky?]

The pegasus made his way closer to the dumpster, his eyes warily searching the shadows. Maybe this isn't such a good idea- Owwwwwwwwww! Lemongrass collapsed on his knees as the shock hit him, momentarily stunned.

Unfortunately for Staccata, Tyrol was just arriving in that same alleyway, blocking the entrance to the street handily. "Halt, criminal scum! You will go no further," he shouted formally.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 12:04 AM
[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Do You Feel Lucky?]

The pegasus made his way closer to the dumpster, his eyes warily searching the shadows. Maybe this isn't such a good idea- Owwwwwwwwww! Lemongrass collapsed on his knees as the shock hit him, momentarily stunned.

Unfortunately for Staccata, Tyrol was just arriving in that same alleyway, blocking the entrance to the street handily. "Halt, criminal scum! You will go no further," he shouted formally.

The Last Trick - Staccata

The two of them seem to be a more dangerous workout than Staccata had expected. Still, no time to think. No more plans. Flashy exit. Staccata charges towards Tyrol fussing with the hooks on her cloak as she moves forward. When she gets close, Staccata throws her cloak at Tyrol to try and break his focus and jumps towards the left wall.

Now in the air, she's open to whatever attack Tyrol can throw at her. Only one moment of hesitation though... Staccata readies a dagger in her mouth.

sildra45
2011-06-27, 12:12 AM
Roy doesn't seem to hear Harten. You may need to splash him with a bucket of water or something.

Harten

He does just that, going so far to even make it ice cold water in the bucket.

"WAKE UP!"

Oh, you'll definitely help, but any other help we can get would be greatly appreciated.

Garion

"Right."

He turned back to Luna, awaiting her orders.

HalfTangible
2011-06-27, 12:18 AM
"Mr Foo does so love his chilli." Icy chuckled, as she dug into her noodles. Taking a cautious bite of the new spinach, she made a face. "Remind me never to try anymore of his new inventions."

Lone Star's wings, eyes and legs are all twitching from the spiciness of the rice. "Deer skies, I can't feel my tongue!!"

Grif
2011-06-27, 12:39 AM
The Last Trick - Staccata

The two of them seem to be a more dangerous workout than Staccata had expected. Still, no time to think. No more plans. Flashy exit. Staccata charges towards Tyrol fussing with the hooks on her cloak as she moves forward. When she gets close, Staccata throws her cloak at Tyrol to try and break his focus and jumps towards the left wall.

Now in the air, she's open to whatever attack Tyrol can throw at her. Only one moment of hesitation though... Staccata readies a dagger in her mouth.

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Shields up!]

Tyrol whipped out his shield as he saw the cloak coming loose. He managed to deflect the cloth, only to find the rogue disappeared. His eyes widened as he realised she had jumped to his right and was now diving through the air towards him with a dagger in mouth. Too slow, too slow, Tyrol frantically thought as he swung his shield to meet the threat in his flank.

(Staccata has an opening, albeit a brief one.)

Lone Star's wings, eyes and legs are all twitching from the spiciness of the rice. "Deer skies, I can't feel my tongue!!"

"Oh my. Are you alright?" Icy asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 12:48 AM
[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Shields up!]

Tyrol whipped out his shield as he saw the cloak coming loose. He managed to deflect the cloth, only to find the rogue disappeared. His eyes widened as he realised she had jumped to his right and was now diving through the air towards him with a dagger in mouth. Too slow, too slow, Tyrol frantically thought as he swung his shield to meet the threat in his flank.

(Staccata has an opening, albeit a brief one.)

Attack Slowly to Penetrate the Shield - Staccata

Time seems to slow down for these kinds of things. Staccata can see the split-second opening needed to hit not the guard, but the inner part of the shield. She throws the dagger mid-leap hoping the unexpected force doesn't allow Tyrol to bring a shield to bear long enough to sail past.

Now she's unarmed and unable to dodge, it all coming down to how sturdy Tyrol's shield grip is.
((doesn't sound like a good bet for Staccata does it? ))

Grif
2011-06-27, 12:59 AM
Attack Slowly to Penetrate the Shield - Staccata

Time seems to slow down for these kinds of things. Staccata can see the split-second opening needed to hit not the guard, but the inner part of the shield. She throws the dagger mid-leap hoping the unexpected force doesn't allow Tyrol to bring a shield to bear long enough to sail past.

Now she's unarmed and unable to dodge, it all coming down to how sturdy Tyrol's shield grip is.
((doesn't sound like a good bet for Staccata does it? ))

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Bringing Down the Crook]

(Not very likely. I was expecting you to stab him in the leg or something. Now that'll probably work.)

Not quite enough for Staccata. Tyrol had spent years training with his shield to lose it to a mere dagger throw. His grip on the shield slackened slightly as the dagger impacted, but it wasn't quite enough.

The guardspony slammed his shield against the mare, knocking the wind out of her and held her down with one hoof. "You... *huff* are under arrest." he said, panting slightly.

Just behind him, Lemongrass groaned as he slowly flew over, his left hind leg limp. "Glad you caught that mule."

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 01:09 AM
[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Bringing Down the Crook]

(Not very likely. I was expecting you to stab him in the leg or something. Now that'll probably work.)

Not quite enough for Staccata. Tyrol had spent years training with his shield to lose it to a mere dagger throw. His grip on the shield slackened slightly as the dagger impacted, but it wasn't quite enough.

The guardspony slammed his shield against the mare, knocking the wind out of her and held her down with one hoof. "You... *huff* are under arrest." he said, panting slightly.

Just behind him, Lemongrass groaned as he slowly flew over, his left hind leg limp. "Glad you caught that mule."

I See Muffins! - Staccata

With the collision of the shield and then the wall, Staccata groans as the world gets more spinny. "You're... no fun," she wheezes as Tyrol goes over. After that everything blurs out.

((deadtiming as the two of them gloat over their whole law and order thing))

Benson
2011-06-27, 01:16 AM
(Ah, was suspecting that for sometime now :p . Benson may have something else to say about that though. Not sure if Fox Trot in this universe follows the lite RP or not..)

(Actually......I have no idea if I actually wanted Fox Trot to pursue Icy in this universe xD...though a severely messed up lust triangle could be amusing...and a first in the pairing stuff...considering the softlight RP, and by that I mean that no love triangles have been done before xD)

Gwynfillion-I don't even know where she's at anymore-Doing stuff

The prospect of mass murder on a bunch of mook cultists....sounded...boring and more like grunt work that Soft was trying to have her do. But whatever, using her destructive abilities was worth or something. Blah. She was out of the soda bar and did not witness any possibly nonsense that went on inside. Obliviousness was better sometimes and didn't get you stuck in silly plots :P Gwynfillion...I forget what she's up to but I guess she's somewhere outside in the town.
-----

Fox Trot--In town-Doing...something

WOULD have made his way to the bar in the mid-morning...but Soft wasn't there and he liked the way she made his root beer. Oh well. Too bad. So he was out and about town, watching his fellow ponies...observing. Was momentarily amused by some guards chasing a rather acrobatic filly, but then she got caught. Fun over.

Grif
2011-06-27, 01:29 AM
I See Muffins! - Staccata

With the collision of the shield and then the wall, Staccata groans as the world gets more spinny. "You're... no fun," she wheezes as Tyrol goes over. After that everything blurs out.

((deadtiming as the two of them gloat over their whole law and order thing))

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Law and Order]

"You look well," Tyrol remarked casually as he hefted the unconscious mare on his back.

"Well, you didn't get zapped in the leg twice in one day." Lemongrass grumpily replied. He rubbed his sore leg gingerly. "Great, now I need to go to the infirmary again. I should really get a frequent flyer card or something."

"Don't forget you're buying the next round." Tyrol called as he slowly trotted off to the guardhouse, Staccata on his back.

"Aw, man. Do you really have to bring that up?"

"After the way you made me buy the last two? Absolutely."

"Nuts."

(Actually......I have no idea if I actually wanted Fox Trot to pursue Icy in this universe xD...though a severely messed up lust triangle could be amusing...and a first in the pairing stuff...considering the softlight RP xD)

(I will lol if you guys manage to spin a love triangle. Seriously.)

Crisis21
2011-06-27, 02:18 AM
At Home with Explosions - Mach

Mach unlocks the door and points Billy towards the basement. "You should be able to straighten out your welder's Hoofstein field with the tool... 3rd shelf top. I've ah, got to point these guys to the roof."

Mach then proceeds to attempt to usher the other two workers towards the top of the house and into the crawlspace where the wires will be going.

As Billy works on straightening the hoofstein field on his welder, the workers listen carefully to what Mach tells them. They ask a few questions and make a couple of common sense suggestions, such as the best place to run the wires so they're less likely to accidentally set the building on fire. Best to know what the customer wants done before they get to work after all.

The good news is that Mach has all of the necessary materials, so nopony has to go out searching for them or put them on order.

--------------------------------------------------

Harten

He does just that, going so far to even make it ice cold water in the bucket.

"WAKE UP!"

"Gah!" Roy yells in an undignified manner as his brain re-engages from the shock of the cold water.

He looks around frantically, as if trying to spot a threat before seeing Harten with an empty bucket.

"What happened?" he asks.

Orzel
2011-06-27, 02:20 AM
Grills/Streets Again

"After successfully fraternizing with one of my mares and angering the other, I think I deserve a walk." he says to the Piping. The ninja mare cafefully adjust Grill's hat before sending him off to town.

Grills blinks twice to turn his infrared vision on again and resumes searched around town for underground ponies. He meandered through every street and did a qick sweep of the town border. The pony found nothing but bumped in many ponies as his was always looking down.

"Ooops Sorry."

((OOC: Grills can bump into/run over your pony. First come, First bumped ))

Benson
2011-06-27, 02:31 AM
(Heck why not xD)

Gwynfillion was momentarily distracted by the hijinks of the foalish guardponies and some thief...or whatever, she didn't care too much. She then found herself almost stumbling as some pony bumped into her. She growled and whipped her head to see who dared to lay a hoof...or in this case a head on her. Oh..it was him...that foalish stallion who she left in the rubble.

"Of course it'd be you....bah..." She glowered, which was surprising that she only glowered.

Orzel
2011-06-27, 02:47 AM
(Heck why not xD)

Gwynfillion was momentarily distracted by the hijinks of the foalish guardponies and some thief...or whatever, she didn't care too much. She then found herself almost stumbling as some pony bumped into her. She growled and whipped her head to see who dared to lay a hoof...or in this case a head on her. Oh..it was him...that foalish stallion who she left in the rubble.

"Of course it'd be you....bah..." She glowered, which was surprising that she only glowered.

Grills reared to his back legs when Gwyn's glower was upon him. "Pardon me, ma'am. Was distracted."

He blinked twice to turn off his special vision. With his now normal gray and brown eyes, he carefully inspected the mare's body for burns, scrapes, bruises, or any evidence of recent healing spells. "Good. Didn't look like you were harmed by the blast," he said as if he wanted a reply that confirmed the lack of injury.

Benson
2011-06-27, 03:31 AM
Grills reared to his back legs when Gwyn's glower was upon him. "Pardon me, ma'am. Was distracted."

He blinked twice to turn off his special vision. With his now normal gray and brown eyes, he carefully inspected the mare's body for burns, scrapes, bruises, or any evidence of recent healing spells. "Good. Didn't look like you were harmed by the blast," he said as if he wanted a reply that confirmed the lack of injury.

"Of course I'm not harmed...I'm the Great Planeswalker Gwynfillion, Destroyer of Planes," Gwynfillion proudly stated placing a hoof on her chest. Jeeze....that's a mouthful...I need to come up with something shorter

"Anyhoof...you did not need to take the hit...I could have handled it fine, hmmph," She scoffed.

Orzel
2011-06-27, 04:18 AM
Grills was clearly insulted by her tone. That explosion didn't have to happen but Gwyn pressed it. Now the Followers of Wildfire have an excuse to come here and complicate things. "Well excuse me for helping you then. Sorry for absorbing a heat blast equal to a couple solar flare for you. I guess the next time sompony tries to cause enough heat to cause me pain, I wont absorb the next one that will strip away your resistances and drive you mad through agony." He scoffed back. His nostrils flared.

"I wish the Divines would stop putting such personalities in ponies. It's hard to hate mares. Especially since they never make ponies like you ugly." His pitch raised as he was clearly annoyed. "Do a pony a favor. Suck up flames that maybe could have melted her face off. How are ya supposed to know she could survive it? Instead ya get.." He mimicked Gwyn's voice. "You did not need to take the hit...I could have handled it fine"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 07:23 AM
Garion

He turned to Soft.

Garion

"Right."

He turned back to Luna, awaiting her orders.
"Garion, you predate this mess with my sister and I." she says gently. "I'm not comfortable telling you just what to do. I trust your judgement, please do what you think is best... although, if I may, I'd advise against bonding with your armor." she smiles just a little. "Soft, I'd send anyone I could, but I am so very understaffed. The Shadowbolts are off campaigning, I may be able to call one or two of them, but... I doubt it."

Zach carefully took the sword from Scarlet, and put it into the storage of Stazengann. He then carefully prodded Scarlet, now actually worried about Scarlet which was apparent on his face.
"Are you okay?"
She has to hug and not burn Zach. No, she's not okay. She had a BSoD.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 07:28 AM
She has to hug and not burn Zach. No, she's not okay. She had a BSoD.

Zach prods her again.
"Hello? Prime Material Plane to Scarlet, hello?"
He scratched his chin in thought.
"Clearly only a hug will wake her up!"

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 09:34 AM
Try it. See if you survive.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 10:09 AM
[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Law and Order]

"You look well," Tyrol remarked casually as he hefted the unconscious mare on his back.

"Well, you didn't get zapped in the leg twice in one day." Lemongrass grumpily replied. He rubbed his sore leg gingerly. "Great, now I need to go to the infirmary again. I should really get a frequent flyer card or something."

"Don't forget you're buying the next round." Tyrol called as he slowly trotted off to the guardhouse, Staccata on his back.

"Aw, man. Do you really have to bring that up?"

"After the way you made me buy the last two? Absolutely."

"Nuts."

Arguing with one's Unconscious Self - Staccata

After a bit of time sprawled out on a jerk-pony's back, Staccata twitches like she's either about to wake up or dreaming. This only happens once and she quickly goes back to dead weight.

"We can't move."
"That's because we did something stupid."
"We are moving, though."
"Likely to do with the stupid thing."
"Somepony's can't handle a joke, how are we supposed to make an impression like that."
"I dunno, it was fun. Plus that one guard was kinda-"
"SHUT UP, ID"
"In the meantime, remember the tailor's sister and her adorable friends?"
*SQUEE*

At some point, Staccata mumbles, "Just going to hug you all to pieces."

As Billy works on straightening the hoofstein field on his welder, the workers listen carefully to what Mach tells them. They ask a few questions and make a couple of common sense suggestions, such as the best place to run the wires so they're less likely to accidentally set the building on fire. Best to know what the customer wants done before they get to work after all.

The good news is that Mach has all of the necessary materials, so nopony has to go out searching for them or put them on order.

Mach starts marking out places in the attic for where he thinks cables should be run. It's very apparent he's annoyed with the cramped spaces, needing to fly. At one point the red chalk bursts through the roof. "I uh, suppose this is a good spot to run one of the coils." Mach punches a larger hole through the roof there. "Never buy a house sleep deprived."

Meanwhile, in the basement, Billy will find all of the tools weather-worn but all still to-spec. Some of the parts seem to be quite old, but usable. Over by the small stock of medical supplies Mach's been able procure since he arrived and his retractable injector-blade. Other than that the only invention around of interest is likely the giant operating table with leg restraints, needles attached to tube, ominous amounts of electrical storage capacity, and a console with the expected knobs and levers.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 10:17 AM
Try it. See if you survive.

Zach puts on his fire proof suit and then hugs the unresponsive Scarlet.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 10:19 AM
She responds by setting him on cold fire.
I didn't know she could do that either.

HalfTangible
2011-06-27, 10:21 AM
"Oh my. Are you alright?" Icy asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

Lone Star didn't answer at first. He grabbed his glass in his teeth, turned it upside down and chugged it down as hard as he could, as fast as he could. He very nearly fell out of his chair.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 10:40 AM
She responds by setting him on cold fire.
I didn't know she could do that either.

Zach freezes into ice while hugging Scarlet.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 10:40 AM
she's now stuck. And not allowed to burn him.
STRUGGLE!

Grif
2011-06-27, 10:44 AM
Lone Star didn't answer at first. He grabbed his glass in his teeth, turned it upside down and chugged it down as hard as he could, as fast as he could. He very nearly fell out of his chair.

"Oh Luna, are you alright?" she said, cantering over to the side of table and catching the pegasus before he could fall.

Arguing with one's Unconscious Self - Staccata

After a bit of time sprawled out on a jerk-pony's back, Staccata twitches like she's either about to wake up or dreaming. This only happens once and she quickly goes back to dead weight.

"We can't move."
"That's because we did something stupid."
"We are moving, though."
"Likely to do with the stupid thing."
"Somepony's can't handle a joke, how are we supposed to make an impression like that."
"I dunno, it was fun. Plus that one guard was kinda-"
"SHUT UP, ID"
"In the meantime, remember the tailor's sister and her adorable friends?"
*SQUEE*

At some point, Staccata mumbles, "Just going to hug you all to pieces."

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Bringing a Poip to Justice]

"You hear something Tyrol?" Lemongrass asked, hovering in the air beside the guardspony.

"Nope."

"Let's just dump her in the guardhouse before she wakes up and do anymore damage." Lemongrass said worriedly. He gave the unconscious mare another nervous look.

(When Staccata wakes up, she'll be in the jail.)

[Shell Shock/Rum is the best tonic]

"This can't be happening! Noooooooooooooooo!" He fell to the floor sobbing as he read the sign in front of Soft's Bar.

HalfTangible
2011-06-27, 10:55 AM
He set down the glass when it was empty, panting. "Uh, yeah, fine... sorry to worry you... but Celestia's horseshoes, what's in that stuff?!" Lone Star gasped out. "Felt like somebody set my tongue on fire."

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 11:07 AM
Two More Visits to Jail and she gets a Free Sub - Staccata

A dull ache wakes Staccata from her stupor. For a second everything's still kinda blurry, but the jail cell comes into focus eventually. Hopefully they knew better didn't know well enough about messing with her hair. Bobby pins are nothing, you can hide a lockpick in your mane.

In the meantime, better to stay still until the bruises stop yelling at her. Staccata still has the victim card to play, and the whole jail escape works better at night.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 11:14 AM
she's now stuck. And not allowed to burn him.
STRUGGLE!

Zach is able to stutter out a couple words, the heat of his breath momentarily unfreezing his lips.
"B-b-burn m-m-m-me, Sc-Sc-Scarlet!"

Grif
2011-06-27, 11:15 AM
He set down the glass when it was empty, panting. "Uh, yeah, fine... sorry to worry you... but Celestia's horseshoes, what's in that stuff?!" Lone Star gasped out. "Felt like somebody set my tongue on fire."

"Chilli." Icy said, as if it was plain for all to see. Then understanding dawned. "Wait, you never tasted chilli before?"

Two More Visits to Jail and she gets a Free Sub - Staccata

A dull ache wakes Staccata from her stupor. For a second everything's still kinda blurry, but the jail cell comes into focus eventually. Hopefully they knew better didn't know well enough about messing with her hair. Bobby pins are nothing, you can hide a lockpick in your mane.

In the meantime, better to stay still until the bruises stop yelling at her. Staccata still has the victim card to play, and the whole jail escape works better at night.

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Playing Guards]

"Awake already? Good." Lemongrass said, boredom colouring his voice. "Thanks to you, I'm now deemed fit only for guard duty. And all the perks that goes with it." He pointed to his bandaged hind leg. The pegasus let out a heavy sign. "Perks indeed."

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 11:30 AM
[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Playing Guards]

"Awake already? Good." Lemongrass said, boredom colouring his voice. "Thanks to you, I'm now deemed fit only for guard duty. And all the perks that goes with it." He pointed to his bandaged hind leg. The pegasus let out a heavy sign. "Perks indeed."

"Well it's really your fault for not accepting my offer. Two bits really mean that much to you?" Staccata gets up to stretch but immediately feels the lingering effect of the shield bash and sits back down. It's time for some mind games, but the waterworks need to wait until someone who wasn't there comes to check things out.

"I mean I could have hit your friend anywhere other than trying to get him off balance. The legs, the flank, the throat."

HalfTangible
2011-06-27, 11:33 AM
"I've never had chinese before." He replied, tilting his head as if it were obvious. "Tasty stuff. But veeeeeeery spicy."

Grif
2011-06-27, 11:45 AM
"Well it's really your fault for not accepting my offer. Two bits really mean that much to you?" Staccata gets up to stretch but immediately feels the lingering effect of the shield bash and sits back down. It's time for some mind games, but the waterworks need to wait until someone who wasn't there comes to check things out.

"I mean I could have hit your friend anywhere other than trying to get him off balance. The legs, the flank, the throat."

"For all I knew, it was two hundred bits when you threw my purse back at me. Not that there was exactly time to check when you took off like a rat." Lemongrass replied, unruffled. "Besides, the throat? Tyrol may be slow, but he sure as hell won't that slow to be not able to mitigate any attack on his body."

"I've never had chinese before." He replied, tilting his head as if it were obvious. "Tasty stuff. But veeeeeeery spicy."

(To be honest, Chinese food don't really make much use of chilli either. Well maybe here in South-East Asia, but certainly the mainlanders don't use it much.)

"Well, as I said, Mr. Foo does love his chilli. I guess I gotten too used to his taste that I forgot other ponies might not take it so well. My apologies." She tilted her head slightly, before taking her seat again.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 11:51 AM
"For all I knew, it was two hundred bits when you threw my purse back at me. Not that there was exactly time to check when you took off like a rat." Lemongrass replied, unruffled. "Besides, the throat? Tyrol may be slow, but he sure as hell won't that slow to be not able to mitigate any attack on his body."

Hello Clarice Lemongrass - Staccata

"Slow enough to not be on the roof," Staccata remarks in a flat tone before staring into nothing for a moment. "And if you keep insulting me I won't recommend some reading to get rid of that boredom. And since you're the one I'd usually have to bribe, go get me some tea if you want to see it." Staccata is serious, or at least appears serious about the last part.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 11:53 AM
John found Smoothie talking to Eric, he listened carefully and had to suppress a snicker. His mission had now began. He walked around until he was nearby Lemongrass was, he removed the plating from a powerbox that gave power to the guardhouse and he began to fiddle with it, Lemongrass should be able to see him.

HalfTangible
2011-06-27, 11:57 AM
(To be honest, Chinese food don't really make much use of chilli either. Well maybe here in South-East Asia, but certainly the mainlanders don't use it much.)

"Well, as I said, Mr. Foo does love his chilli. I guess I gotten too used to his taste that I forgot other ponies might not take it so well. My apologies." She tilted her head slightly, before taking her seat again.

( i wouldn't know. I live in Texas :smalltongue: )

"I picked something at almost complete random from the menu, it's not your fault." Lone Star smiled.

Grif
2011-06-27, 12:00 PM
Hello Clarice Lemongrass - Staccata

"Slow enough to not be on the roof," Staccata remarks in a flat tone before staring into nothing for a moment. "And if you keep insulting me I won't recommend some reading to get rid of that boredom. And since you're the one I'd usually have to bribe, go get me some tea if you want to see it." Staccata is serious, or at least appears serious about the last part.

John found Smoothie talking to Eric, he listened carefully and had to suppress a snicker. His mission had now began. He walked around until he was nearby Lemongrass was, he removed the plating from a powerbox that gave power to the guardhouse and he began to fiddle with it, Lemongrass should be able to see him.

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Tempting Fate]

(Wonder how long can we keep up these amusing titles.)

"Hey hey, I like my bribes and all, but taking them here? The Captain will have my head. On my own spear." Lemongrass answered, before glancing at the powerbox nearby. Somepony was fiddling with it. Huh, that's weird, the technician just inspected it last week...

"Halt! Identify yourself." Lemongrass called out, his verbal sparring match with Staccata momentarily forgotten. He loosened the spear on his back.

( i wouldn't know. I live in Texas :smalltongue: )

"I picked something at almost complete random from the menu, it's not your fault." Lone Star smiled.

(Wasn't really expecting ya to know heh. Likewise if Orzel started something on American food. I get pretty lost on those.)

Icy smirked at his reply. "You're going to need extra glasses of water to finish that meal of yours." She began used a pair of chopstick to bring up her noodles and chewed.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 12:06 PM
[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Tempting Fate]

(Wonder how long can we keep up these amusing titles.)

"Hey hey, I like my bribes and all, but taking them here? The Captain will have my head. On my own spear." Lemongrass answered, before glancing at the powerbox nearby. Somepony was fiddling with it. Huh, that's weird, the technician just inspected it last week...

"Halt! Identify yourself." Lemongrass called out, his verbal sparring match with Staccata momentarily forgotten. He loosened the spear on his back.

(Wasn't really expecting ya to know heh. Likewise if Orzel started something on American food. I get pretty lost on those.)

Icy smirked at his reply. "You're going to need extra glasses of water to finish that meal of yours." She began used a pair of chopstick to bring up her noodles and chewed.

John looked up, he cursed a bit under his breath but he had atleast remembered to dress up as an engineer(think TF2)
"Why, I'm the engineer, son. Is there a problem?"

Benson
2011-06-27, 12:21 PM
Grills was clearly insulted by her tone. That explosion didn't have to happen but Gwyn pressed it. Now the Followers of Wildfire have an excuse to come here and complicate things. "Well excuse me for helping you then. Sorry for absorbing a heat blast equal to a couple solar flare for you. I guess the next time sompony tries to cause enough heat to cause me pain, I wont absorb the next one that will strip away your resistances and drive you mad through agony." He scoffed back. His nostrils flared.

"I wish the Divines would stop putting such personalities in ponies. It's hard to hate mares. Especially since they never make ponies like you ugly." His pitch raised as he was clearly annoyed. "Do a pony a favor. Suck up flames that maybe could have melted her face off. How are ya supposed to know she could survive it? Instead ya get.." He mimicked Gwyn's voice. "You did not need to take the hit...I could have handled it fine"

"How dare you mock me? I'd have your bloody head on a pike right now for that," She growled tensing her body up. Everything else he said sounded like whining to her so she blocked it out, save for his last bit and his imitation of her, naturally. "If it weren't for this stupid collar, all of you would be dead right now! Every single one of you for peeving me off!"

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 12:24 PM
Practical Problems - Staccata

"Well he'd likely chew you out for not..." Staccata trails off as the 'engineer' appears on the scene. Not being one to miss an opportunity, she shakes the lockpick out of her mane and moves over to the door.

If mister tightflank over there goes over to investigate further, the door isn't going to last long.

Grif
2011-06-27, 12:26 PM
John looked up, he cursed a bit under his breath but he had atleast remembered to dress up as an engineer(think TF2)
"Why, I'm the engineer, son. Is there a problem?"

Practical Problems - Staccata

"Well he'd likely chew you out for not..." Staccata trails off as the 'engineer' appears on the scene. Not being one to miss an opportunity, she shakes the lockpick out of her mane and moves over to the door.

If mister tightflank over there goes over to investigate further, the door isn't going to last long.

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Identity Crisis]

"Mister, you're going to have to show some ID." Lemongrass took a few steps towards the 'engineer', not paying any attention to the mare in her cell.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 12:32 PM
Picking on Someone - Staccata

With the distraction ongoing, Staccata picks up the picks with her teeth and begins getting to work. A bit more than a noble's house, but not the worst she's seen. It took a half hour, but she got that treasure chest, damn it. The tumblers click, and Staccata quickly grabs the door to prevent it from squeaking as it opens.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 12:37 PM
[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Identity Crisis]

"Mister, you're going to have to show some ID." Lemongrass took a few steps towards the 'engineer', not paying any attention to the mare in her cell.

John got up and shut his tool box and put down his wrench.
"Look boy, I got problems to fix. I don't have time to show you any fancy 'ID'. I pay by the hour."
He does this while prodding Lemongrass' chest with his hoof.
He then throws his wrench at the escaping prisoner.
"SPAH SAPPN' MY CELL!"

Grif
2011-06-27, 12:42 PM
"Look boy, I got problems to fix. I don't have time to show you any fancy 'ID'. I pay by the hour."
"SPAH SAPPN' MY CELL!"

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Spah Sappin' Mah SentryCell]

"Wait, wha-?" Lemongrass turned around to see Staccata holding a slightly ajar door. "Hold it right there missy, you're not escaping again!" The pegasus flapped his wings strongly and flew up to the door in a smooth motion, spear in his mouth.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 12:42 PM
"SPAH SAPPN' MY CELL!"

Dead Ringing - Staccata

Staccata looks at the engineer with shocked, deer in the headlight eyes as she still has the lockpick sticking in the door. The ringing of wrench on metal bars causes her to lose the grip on the door, which swings open loudly.

"You must excuse me, I was just going to get the tea you SO RUDELY refused to offer."

HalfTangible
2011-06-27, 12:44 PM

Lone Star grinned sheepishly. "Yyyyyyup."

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 12:46 PM
John hits the door a couple times with his back up wrench which seemed to be made of gold, the door became locked again with a different lock. This one would be insanely harder to open. He then struck Lemongrass over the back of his head with his wrench, hard. This should make him go out cold.
"You're more trouble then you're worth."

Grif
2011-06-27, 12:48 PM
John hits the door a couple times with his back up wrench which seemed to be made of gold, the door became locked again with a different lock. This one would be insanely harder to open. He then struck Lemongrass over the back of his head with his wrench, hard. This should make him go out cold.

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Out Cold]

"Ooooof!" Lemongrass fell to the ground heavily, the spear in his mouth clattering across the floor noisily. The guards upstairs will soon check on the noise.

Lone Star grinned sheepishly. "Yyyyyyup."

Icy just gave him a wan smile and finished off her plate, leaving the spinach somewhat untouched.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 12:52 PM

Moderately Confused - Staccata

"He's going to blame this on me you know. I was close to having this all under control..." Staccata face palms before approaching the wall of the cell again to get a good look at the engineer. Without knowing... really anything, it's time for a shot in the dark.

"So, you after revenge for your little bandit friends? Or is this about that whole wine cellar incident, which I HAVE apologized for."

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 12:56 PM
John unlocked the cell quickly and handed the pony within a note. It read: 'Itao Filshe'
"Bring that to a skeleton pony 3 miles away from town on the beach."
He then quickly reassembled the wires in the power breaker, and insterted a strange device. He then preformed a mind wipe on Lemongrass, and repositioned him so it looked like he fell asleep on the job and let the prisoner escaped. He then tipped his helmet to the prisoner pony and disappeared in a puff of smoke. He then reappeared outside of Soft's Bar and did the same to her power box. He repeated this all over town, and then finally arrived at the main power station. It looked like there was a pony on duty there.
((who wishes to be this pony on duty?))

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 01:09 PM
John unlocked the cell quickly and handed the pony within a note. It read: 'Itao Filshe'
"Bring that to a skeleton pony 3 miles away from town on the beach."
He then quickly reassembled the wires in the power breaker, and insterted a strange device. He then preformed a mind wipe on Lemongrass, and repositioned him so it looked like he fell asleep on the job and let the prisoner escaped. He then tipped his helmet to the prisoner pony and disappeared in a puff of smoke. He then reappeared outside of Soft's Bar and did the same to her power box. He repeated this all over town, and then finally arrived at the main power station. It looked like there was a pony on duty there.
((who wishes to be this pony on duty?))

Exceedingly Confused - Staccata

"And just who do you think you-" and then the weirdo vanished. Skeleton pony huh, well it's a good thing he didn't know about those freaks she re-killed on the way to town. Still, no intention to follow any of that jerk's instructions.

She takes the opportunity to collect her cloak, and more importantly the letter taken from the minions hidden in a secret pouch. The mare writes a short note on the back of one of the pieces of paper and leaves as stealthily as her current situation allows.

Jerkwad, first: you didn't fall asleep. Somepony messed with the systems and hit you with a wrench. Here's a note he slipped me and some other interesting reading material. You still owe me that tea, I'll find you tonight.
-Lady Ghost

Today's a Good Day to Wear Red - Technician pony

The tech on duty seems to have fallen asleep face first into a comic book, but then things went to hell. Desperately trying to figure what's going on, the stocky earth-pony tries to access the remote diagnostics and see what systems still work.

"HEY! YOU, THIS IS RESTRICTED!" he shouts to the idiot that wandered into here at the worst possible time.

sildra45
2011-06-27, 01:16 PM
"Gah!" Roy yells in an undignified manner as his brain re-engages from the shock of the cold water.

He looks around frantically, as if trying to spot a threat before seeing Harten with an empty bucket.

"What happened?" he asks.

Harten

"You went into a trance is what you did. You overextended yourself without even thinking about it. Now, git yourself to the medic and then to bed. I won't have you faint on me just because you're too stubborn to realize when you're tuckered out."

For good measure, he tossed another bucket of ice cold water on Roy.

"Garion, you predate this mess with my sister and I." she says gently. "I'm not comfortable telling you just what to do. I trust your judgement, please do what you think is best... although, if I may, I'd advise against bonding with your armor." she smiles just a little. "Soft, I'd send anyone I could, but I am so very understaffed. The Shadowbolts are off campaigning, I may be able to call one or two of them, but... I doubt it."

Garion

"Do we have any Defense Divisions left? Or any troops at all? Aerial Corps? Magic Corps? Anything that can be used to defend the town while we stall for help?"

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 01:16 PM
John gave a sadistic smile, and pulled out his Candy Corn Handgun. He leveled it at the other engineer pony.
"Either you go along with what I want, or I'll blow your brains out."

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 01:20 PM
John gave a sadistic smile, and pulled out his Candy Corn Handgun. He leveled it at the other engineer pony.
"Either you go along with what I want, or I'll blow your brains out."

The technician pony panicks and backs up into the console, hitting it with his rear. All the while he stares at the gun while sweating profusely.

"NO! don't! I've got a wife and fillies. I'm only two weeks from retirement! I'm just an ensign."

Grif
2011-06-27, 01:22 PM
Exceedingly Confused - Staccata

"And just who do you think you-" and then the weirdo vanished. Skeleton pony huh, well it's a good thing he didn't know about those freaks she re-killed on the way to town. Still, no intention to follow any of that jerk's instructions.

She takes the opportunity to collect her cloak, and more importantly the letter taken from the minions hidden in a secret pouch. The mare writes a short note on the back of one of the pieces of paper and leaves as stealthily as her current situation allows.

(I see what you did thar. Poor red-shirt.)

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Asleep on the job?]

The first thing Lemongrass felt was somepony roughly shaking his shoulder. "Ugghhhhh... musta felt asleep," he mumbled, rubbing his head as a splitting headache seared through his brain.

"Damn straight you did. And the prisoner escaped," the rough voice of his fellow guardspony said.

Lemongrass sat straight up on his hauches, eyes wide. "What?" he exclaimed. The pegasus swiveled his head to stare at the empty cell. "Oh Luna's night, the Captain is going to roast me alive for this."

"If you're lucky."

Lemongrass groaned. The day just kept getting better and better. He glanced at his desk and sighed. "Let's... just get this over with." he said resignedly, flapping his wings and hovering over his desk to get his papers. I hope the captain planned on a painless death.

As he picked up the papers, he spied the scribbling on the back of one of his documents. Frowning, he took a closer look. It wasn't his writing that's for sure. He read the text once. Then twice. Then rubbing his eyes again, he read it four more times.

"Oy! What's taking you so long?" his fellow guardspony hollered from the stairs.

"... We may have a problem here." Lemongrass said flatly, his headache redoubling.

HalfTangible
2011-06-27, 01:24 PM
[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Out Cold]

"Ooooof!" Lemongrass fell to the ground heavily, the spear in his mouth clattering across the floor noisily. The guards upstairs will soon check on the noise.

Icy just gave him a wan smile and finished off her plate, leaving the spinach somewhat untouched.

Lone Star made it through the chili and went through seven glasses of water.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 01:24 PM
The technician pony panicks and backs up into the console, hitting it with his rear. All the while he stares at the gun while sweating profusely.

"NO! don't! I've got a wife and fillies. I'm only two weeks from retirement! I'm just an ensign."

John is still smiling tha crazy smile.
"Well then, if you don't do what I say, your family is going to be a lot more lonely, aren't they? Take this and install it into the main powerframe, NOW!"
He throws him a piece of metal covered in strange writing.
He says this while firing a shot near the technician's hoof. Not close enough to graze it though.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 01:27 PM
Powerhouse - Technician

The technician jumps from the shot and then starts crying a bit. He's going to fully cooperate with the evil plans.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 01:33 PM
Powerhouse - Technician

The technician jumps from the shot and then starts crying a bit. He's going to fully cooperate with the evil plans.

"I believe you got tears confused with moving! You better work fast, or your little girl is gonna see her daddy in a casket!"
He presses the gun closer to the pony's head, the cold metal running against his coat.
"NOW INSTALL IT!"

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 01:35 PM
That's not sweat -Technician

The technician gets to work with jittery hooves. Heeding the warning he tries to work as fast as the shaking allows.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 01:39 PM
Zach is able to stutter out a couple words, the heat of his breath momentarily unfreezing his lips.
"B-b-burn m-m-m-me, Sc-Sc-Scarlet!"
Grin. FIRE!

Garion

"Do we have any Defense Divisions left? Or any troops at all? Aerial Corps? Magic Corps? Anything that can be used to defend the town while we stall for help?"

"Maybe... maybe." she nods slowly.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 01:39 PM
That's not sweat -Technician

The technician gets to work with jittery hooves. Heeding the warning he tries to work as fast as the shaking allows.

John gives a crazy laugh as the technician installs the device. The technician worked fast, and had it installed in no time at all.
"Perfect, you've outlived your purpose. Now, try and give me a reason to think your not useless, or I'll shoot you right now."
The barrel of the gun was against the back of the pony's head.
-----
Zach now being unfrozen, fell onto Scarlet. And his lips accidentally kissed her on the cheek. He fell onto the ground on fire.
"Ow."

Grif
2011-06-27, 01:42 PM
[Tyrol and Lemongrass/That Engineer is a Bloody Spy!]

(Crisis21, maybe you can RP whatever action the Captain took.)

A couple of heated exchanges with the Captain later, Lemongrass finally convinced him to recheck the power box and start searching for this mysterious pony who was able to sneak in and out of town at will. He also left the note in the Captain's far more capable hands. The words meant nothing to him.

Lemongrass sighed as he reported to the infirmary for the third time today. Fear of concussion and all. Plus that splitting headache isn't helping him any.

Lone Star made it through the chili and went through seven glasses of water.

"Impressive. Not many ponies would willingly go though a whole plate laden with chilli." Icy paused as Mr. Foo politely left the bill on the table. Lunch is on me, seeing as how I had dinner in your house yesterday." She took out the required bits and placed it on the tray. Mr. Foo retreated to the counter surreptitiously.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 01:46 PM
John gives a crazy laugh as the technician installs the device. The technician worked fast, and had it installed in no time at all.
"Perfect, you've outlived your purpose. Now, try and give me a reason to think your not useless, or I'll shoot you right now."
The barrel of the gun was against the back of the pony's head.

Today is a Good Day - Technician

The technician freezes up unable to say anything at all coherently. One can assume that a touching montage is playing in his head recounting all the happy moments.

Tracking Down the Other One - Staccata

With whatever the hell is going on, Staccata needs to find someone else she knew in this stupid town. Mach, she still hasn't found. That mean that <string of cursing> guardpony. The rogue had collected a few clues to his whereabouts, and goes to find him in slow, labored steps.

"Hey... stupid. I think you've got a problem."

HalfTangible
2011-06-27, 01:48 PM
"Impressive. Not many ponies would willingly go though a whole plate laden with chilli." Icy paused as Mr. Foo politely left the bill on the table. Lunch is on me, seeing as how I had dinner in your house yesterday." She took out the required bits and placed it on the tray. Mr. Foo retreated to the counter surreptitiously.

Lone Star sighed as he finished draining the last bit of water. "If you're sure. I don't mind payin'."

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 01:54 PM
Today is a Good Day - Technician

The technician freezes up unable to say anything at all coherently. One can assume that a touching montage is playing in his head recounting all the happy moments.

With whatever the hell is going on, Staccata needs to find someone else she knew in this stupid town. Mach, she still hasn't found. That mean that <string of cursing> guardpony. The rogue had collected a few clues to his whereabouts, and goes to find him in slow, labored steps.

John hit the technician over the head with the pistol to knock him out, and then gave him a mind wipe. He then reprogrammed the computer to not show anything to be wrong with the power boxes around town. He then left the power station. He later appeared at a rock at the lake.

Grif
2011-06-27, 02:05 PM
Lone Star sighed as he finished draining the last bit of water. "If you're sure. I don't mind payin'."

"Very sure." Icy said, before eyeing the pegasus questioningly again. "I suppose you have plans after this?"

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Unforeseen Consequences]

Tyrol himself was patrolling the streets out alone, since his partner had to get himself injured chasing after the silly thief. Well, at least he won't have to hear him whine about that.

He stopped in his tracks when Staccata addressed him, and blinked in confusion. Wait... that voice. He turned around to find himself seeing the thief walking up to him, seemingly still winded from his shield bash. "You... you're supposed to be... how'd you get out?" his words tumbling over each other.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 02:14 PM

Tyrol himself was patrolling the streets out alone, since his partner had to get himself injured chasing after the silly thief. Well, at least he won't have to hear him whine about that.

He stopped in his tracks when Staccata addressed him, and blinked in confusion. Wait... that voice. He turned around to find himself seeing the thief walking up to him, seemingly still winded from his shield bash. "You... you're supposed to be... how'd you get out?" his words tumbling over each other.

Talking Hurts; So does a lot of Things - Staccata

Staccata takes a couple more steps towards Tyrol, it being obvious she's not up for another chase. Unable to express any emotion other than 'ow', she responds, "That... actually needs discussion... Need to get of the street. Hurts to stand."

She needs to take an extra long break before finishing, "Someone just had to... aim for the ribs."

Grif
2011-06-27, 02:21 PM
Talking Hurts; So does a lot of Things - Staccata

Staccata takes a couple more steps towards Tyrol, it being obvious she's not up for another chase. Unable to express any emotion other than 'ow', she responds, "That... actually needs discussion... Need to get of the street. Hurts to stand."

She needs to take an extra long break before finishing, "Someone just had to... aim for the ribs."

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Our Mutual Fiend]

Tyrol stared wordlessly at the mare for a good long while, his mind furiously debating whether to bring the mare in again, or just listen to her talk. It seemed important, if she risked all being apprehended again just to find him.

"Follow me. I know where we can discuss matters further." Tyrol replied humourlessly, his tone very heavily implying she was not going to escape. He gestured for her to follow, making no attempt to support her.

The pair soon came to a somewhat deserted playground in the town.

Crisis21
2011-06-27, 02:27 PM
Harten

"You went into a trance is what you did. You overextended yourself without even thinking about it. Now, git yourself to the medic and then to bed. I won't have you faint on me just because you're too stubborn to realize when you're tuckered out."

For good measure, he tossed another bucket of ice cold water on Roy.

"Sorry, it's been a while since I did that," he says sheepishly as he gets to his feet and drags himself to the medic to get checked out.

Mach starts marking out places in the attic for where he thinks cables should be run. It's very apparent he's annoyed with the cramped spaces, needing to fly. At one point the red chalk bursts through the roof. "I uh, suppose this is a good spot to run one of the coils." Mach punches a larger hole through the roof there. "Never buy a house sleep deprived."

Meanwhile, in the basement, Billy will find all of the tools weather-worn but all still to-spec. Some of the parts seem to be quite old, but usable. Over by the small stock of medical supplies Mach's been able procure since he arrived and his retractable injector-blade. Other than that the only invention around of interest is likely the giant operating table with leg restraints, needles attached to tube, ominous amounts of electrical storage capacity, and a console with the expected knobs and levers.

It takes a supreme effort of will for Billy to not try and tinker with the strange device and stick to just adjusting his own tools.

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/That Engineer is a Bloody Spy!]

(Crisis21, maybe you can RP whatever action the Captain took.)

A couple of heated exchanges with the Captain later, Lemongrass finally convinced him to recheck the power box and start searching for this mysterious pony who was able to sneak in and out of town at will. He also left the note in the Captain's far more capable hands. The words meant nothing to him.

Lemongrass sighed as he reported to the infirmary for the third time today. Fear of concussion and all. Plus that splitting headache isn't helping him any.

[The Captain - %$@#^%$#%#$@!]

After determining that Lemongrass hadn't fallen asleep on duty, something that the bump on his head attested to, the Captain checked the box and found something he knew didn't belong. "Someone get Rockem Wrench and tell him we have a saboteur on the loose," the Captain said to the nearest guard ponies. "Have him check every power box in town, no matter what says they're fine. I want whatever this is out of here, and any more like it on the double!"

------------------------------------------

((OOC: What is happening with Eric and Smoothie? I may have overlooked a response))

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 02:47 PM
[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Our Mutual Fiend]

Tyrol stared wordlessly at the mare for a good long while, his mind furiously debating whether to bring the mare in again, or just listen to her talk. It seemed important, if she risked all being apprehended again just to find him.

"Follow me. I know where we can discuss matters further." Tyrol replied humourlessly, his tone very heavily implying she was not going to escape. He gestured for her to follow, making no attempt to support her.

The pair soon came to a somewhat deserted playground in the town.

Life is a Sandbox - Staccata

Staccata follows, trying to keep to the edge of the street and plodding along slowly. She keeps her head covered by the hood so nopony can see the look on her face. Once at the playground, she all but collapses on a sandbox. The soft ground and not needing to stand dulls the hurt a bit.

"Note I left with your friend isn't written in ink. If you see it you'll understand. Was on the road near the woods, taking down someponies that had set up a waylay. Looked like any other ponies... were something else entirely. Something big is coming."

Staccata shakes her head to regain focus. "Engineer wanted me to meet some skeleton outside of town at the shore. Can still hear his voice in my head... dragging me there." Her eyes seem to glaze over for a second, "Itao Filshe."

"Anyway, need to keep a lower profile. No fun letting whatever freak's leading this knowing all about me."

It takes a supreme effort of will for Billy to not try and tinker with the strange device and stick to just adjusting his own tools.
Oblivious to the Madness - Mach

With the other workers doing their job and inspecting the roof and attic, Mach pops down into the workshop to see how Billy's doing.

"So ah, I guess I should ask what you really are having problems with with your stuff."

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 02:47 PM
John's eyes lit up as he did his final move. He grinned as his body's energy was used to create something bigger then him, a flash went out and all that was left of him was ash. All over Bridal Shores, power failed massively. The device went off in the mainframe of the power station, destroying the entire station itself. Then, a rip in the air itself opened. And hundreds of ponies clad in armor poured out. They began to tear at ponies left and right with their candy corn guns.

((You can never trust a villain to tell the truth.))

Benson
2011-06-27, 02:55 PM
Gwynfillion-In the streets-Oh hay, an invasion

That did not go unnoticed by the powerful purple mare in the streets. Unfortunately for these stupid soldiers with laughable candy corn guns...not enough time passed for any of the vulnerabilities and loss in power that Benson said Gwynfillion would be stricken with. Or character development. So the bad guys were stuck with a purple mare juggernaut who thanks to Soft could Disintegrate them with a simple touch.

The bad guys would not fare well whatsoever for attacking so soon. Bwhaha.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 03:02 PM
Gwynfillion-In the streets-Oh hay, an invasion

That did not go unnoticed by the powerful purple mare in the streets. Unfortunately for these stupid soldiers with laughable candy corn guns...not enough time passed for any of the vulnerabilities and loss in power that Benson said Gwynfillion would be stricken with. So the bad guys were stuck with a purple mare juggernaut who thanks to Soft could Disintegrate them with a simple touch.

The bad guys would not fare well whatsoever for attacking so soon. Bwhaha.
A platoon of 55 soliders encountered Gwyn. They put away their candy corn guns, and took out their regular metal sub-machine guns. Their horns lit up as they empowered their guns with destruction energies, and shot at Gywn. Such bullets would hurt even her.

HalfTangible
2011-06-27, 03:24 PM
"Very sure." Icy said, before eyeing the pegasus questioningly again. "I suppose you have plans after this?"

Lone Star shook his head. "No."

Benson
2011-06-27, 03:41 PM
Gwynfillion-Ow that tickles

They hurt a little but nothing like the shocks she got from her collar....now that in particular hurt a lot. The bullets, bruises maybe at most. Really, too early for bullets to hurt the mare in the way that they hoped. Should waited at least three pony weeks before Mr. Big Bad had this currently character development-less weapon of destruction...being tickled by a squadron of mooks.

"Now you're just being annoying," She growled. "And I believe I have permission to wipe out annoyances like you." Her horn glowed, "wacky" combat antics ensued.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 03:50 PM
Gwynfillion-Ow that tickles

They hurt a little but nothing like the shocks she got from her collar....now that in particular hurt a lot. The bullets, bruises maybe at most. Really, too early for bullets to hurt the mare in the way that they hoped. Should waited at least three pony weeks before Mr. Big Bad had this currently character development-less weapon of destruction...being tickled by a squadron of mooks.

"Now you're just being annoying," She growled. "And I believe I have permission to wipe out annoyances like you." Her horn glowed, "wacky" combat antics ensued.

The soliders kept on shooting. But there seemed to be one missing. He had snuck behind Gwyn when he recognized the collar. He pulled out a remote, and shot a zap of electricity at the collar, activating it. The platoon then rushed to the bar.

Crisis21
2011-06-27, 04:12 PM
The soliders kept on shooting. But there seemed to be one missing. He had snuck behind Gwyn when he recognized the collar. He pulled out a remote, and shot a zap of electricity at the collar, activating it. The platoon then rushed to the bar.

A loud whistling sound, like a ballistic projectile, pierced the air, drawing the soldiers' attention. They looked to where the sound was coming from just in time to see a blazing white bolt slam into one of their number, knocking him down and severely injuring him. Two more hit the group before they managed to see who their adversary was.

Any ranking member of the Dark Forces would recognize Mike, and even if they didn't, his weapon, the blazing white ball and chain SuperNova, was just as recognizable. There was a high bounty on both of them after all.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way," he said ominously, a glow surrounding his hooves as well as his weapon. "Your choice."

Mystic Muse
2011-06-27, 04:17 PM
------------------------------------------

((OOC: What is happening with Eric and Smoothie? I may have overlooked a response))

Noticing the assault on the town, Smoothie says Get Mica to my plane. They might be here for me, but they'd be just as willing to take her as a consolation prize if possible. They can't reach her in there though, and you don't grow up with Luna's sword arm without learning how to knock a few heads.

Benson
2011-06-27, 04:18 PM

If one recalled that time when Gwynfillion tried tampering with the collar it sent her flying backwards a little. Well, unfortunately for that foalish soldier that's all it was able to do as well, along with making him a target of her wrath. She recovered from her embarrassing tumbling and set to viciously attack that one particular soldier.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 04:27 PM
A loud whistling sound, like a ballistic projectile, pierced the air, drawing the soldiers' attention. They looked to where the sound was coming from just in time to see a blazing white bolt slam into one of their number, knocking him down and severely injuring him. Two more hit the group before they managed to see who their adversary was.

Any ranking member of the Dark Forces would recognize Mike, and even if they didn't, his weapon, the blazing white ball and chain SuperNova, was just as recognizable. There was a high bounty on both of them after all.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way," he said ominously, a glow surrounding his hooves as well as his weapon. "Your choice."

The Elite Platoon of now 52 soliders made a hoof signal, and a large group of 100 regular soliders intercepted Mike. The 52 other soliders horns glowed, and they seemingly moved faster then lightning. They entered into Soft's Bar. One of them pulled out a walkie talkie.
"No sign of Smoothie at the bar. Resuming our search inside."
They looked around the bar nervously. They had sealed the entire building with a special magic, nopony got in, nopony got out.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 04:31 PM
Zach now being unfrozen, fell onto Scarlet. And his lips accidentally kissed her on the cheek. He fell onto the ground on fire.
"Ow."
...twitch.

Twitch twitch.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 04:34 PM
...twitch.

Twitch twitch.

Zach hadn't even noticed what he had done, when he got up he patted the fire out.
"Thanks, Scarlet. Even though you're the one who did it in the first place. Shall we go back to town now?"
He looked at her and saw her twitching again.
"Crap, what did I do this time?"

Orzel
2011-06-27, 04:36 PM
Grills

The colonel stood atop a building and watched the plum pony display some of the worst combat he ever seen with these lowly soldiers. There was no flair. No drama. No witty remarks. It was just Blast Blast Crash Crash.
"It is unplesant to watch the Elder Ones' projects in work. They create such boring things. Not even their more attractive art pieces can shrug the stigma of 'abomination' with such rudimentary tactics. Makes the commander in me weep. Not wonder they never reach decisions in wars. The pawns put anypony to sleep."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 04:37 PM
This time, she shakes out of it.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 04:44 PM
This time, she shakes out of it.

"You okay, Scarlet?"

Crisis21
2011-06-27, 04:52 PM
Noticing the assault on the town, Smoothie says Get Mica to my plane. They might be here for me, but they'd be just as willing to take her as a consolation prize if possible. They can't reach her in there though, and you don't grow up with Luna's sword arm without learning how to knock a few heads.

Eric didn't argue, but Smoothie got an bigger jolt of fear from Eric at the thought of Mica being a target than herself before his musical thought process took on a more dark and dramatic tone.

"Aw, heck." Issun piped up. "Your place isn't the bar, is it? Somepony just put up a barrier around it."

--------------------------------------

The Elite Platoon of now 52 soliders made a hoof signal, and a large group of 100 regular soliders intercepted Mike. The 52 other soliders horns glowed, and they seemingly moved faster then lightning.

[The Streets - Always the Hard Way]

"Hard way it is, then," Mike said before launching into battle. The blazing projectiles from his weapon hit with the force of a small boulder, but he was also blasting smaller magical bolts from his hooves as well. These weren't any more powerful than a heavy punch, but there were a lot more of them.

-------------------------------------

They entered into Soft's Bar. One of them pulled out a walkie talkie.
"No sign of Smoothie at the bar. Resuming our search inside."
They looked around the bar nervously. They had sealed the entire building with a special magic, nopony got in, nopony got out.

[The Bar - I'll do my best]

The elite forces suddenly felt another force of magic permeate the building. Someone was casting a rather potent illusion. However, nothing looked different.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your company, good sirs?" came a voice from seemingly nowhere.

Hidded by her illusion, Mica's heart was pounding. She wasn't a warrior by any stretch of the imagination, and she was likely alone with more than 50 elite troops.

-------------------------------

[Guardhouse]

The Captain shook off the spots from his eyes when the power box had essentially vaporized. "Everyone out into the streets, now!" he yelled. "Defend the town, get the militia, alert anypony off duty that they're needed! Move ponies!"

With that, the counter offensive against the invaders had begun in earnest.

-------------------------------

[Mach's house]

((Little retcon here))

Oddly, Mach's residence was the one place untouched by the mass power failure. The workers had been fast and efficient, and the other two had curbed Billy's tendency to 'tinker' rather nicely. The device in Mach's power box had been found and removed before it went off, but they hadn't been able to get word to anypony else about it. Nearly all the work was done, three days worth of wiring and utility work in the few hours that the figure had been planting devices across town.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 04:59 PM
The 100 soliders fighting Mike were quickly reduced to 86. They shot their Sub-Machine Guns at him, but only a couple shots grazed his legs. Then, one of them pulled out a RPG(Rocket Propelled Gumdrop) and fired it at Mike.
------
The 52 unicorn elite soliders horns glowed in conjunction, and the illusion faded. They all cocked their guns.
"Come out now, and tell us where Smoothie is. We only want Smoothie."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 05:12 PM
"You okay, Scarlet?"
"...yes." she says.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 05:16 PM
"...yes." she says.

Zach didn't look convinced.
"Are you sure? I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

Benson
2011-06-27, 05:20 PM
Grills

The colonel stood atop a building and watched the plum pony display some of the worst combat he ever seen with these lowly soldiers. There was no flair. No drama. No witty remarks. It was just Blast Blast Crash Crash.
"It is unplesant to watch the Elder Ones' projects in work. They create such boring things. Not even their more attractive art pieces can shrug the stigma of 'abomination' with such rudimentary tactics. Makes the commander in me weep. Not wonder they never reach decisions in wars. The pawns put anypony to sleep."

Gwynfillion-Making the commander in Grills weep.

It truly was just 'Blast Blast Crash Crash' as the colonel observed. No tact, just a sort of savagery that would indeed make the commander in him weep. The only good that came out of Gwynfillion's tactics was that it got the job done, only 3/4s of the remaining so called elite soldiers to go, which really just translates into "mooks".

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 05:30 PM
Battlestreets, Part 2 - Mach

It takes mach a little longer to make it to the battle than most, due to the rather disorganized setup of his gear. At least this time he has enough medical supplies to be useful at anything other than stabbing. Also, seems time to field test the ZAPPER in real conditions.

Fully armed and kitted, Mach flies into the skies around his house looking to see where the town needs cleaning. Seeing the angry one (Gwyn), he darts down and lets loose a pulse of red electricity on their guns, hoping to jam the mechanisms if they aren't simple slug-throwers or get their owners to drop them.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 05:32 PM
"I'm sure!" snap.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 05:35 PM
"I'm sure!" snap.

Zach backs off and gets in Stazengann.
Smoothie, anything going on I should know?
Zach waits for Scarlet to get in, and then takes off into the air towards Bridal Shores.

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 05:38 PM
She gets in.

Orzel
2011-06-27, 05:44 PM
Gwynfillion-Making the commander in Grills weep.

It truly was just 'Blast Blast Crash Crash' as the colonel observed. No tact, just a sort of savagery that would indeed make the commander in him weep. The only good that came out of Gwynfillion's tactics was that it got the job done, only 3/4s of the remaining so called elite soldiers to go, which really just translates into "mooks".

He could take no more. The action this pony carried out upset his stomach. Grills gagged and leaped in the fray of boringly swatted elite soldiers and the equally boring swatting Gwynfillion. There were times when efficiency must give some to style. To the Grills, this was one of them.

Dodging the planewalker's tentacles, fireballs, or whatever, Grills cordially proposed a suggestion. "Ma'am, if you are going to fight in such a stereotypically brutish manner.... dispose of me also, I cannot bare to watch such nonsense. Or at least allow me to teach you how to direct a decent combat sence."

Mystic Muse
2011-06-27, 05:53 PM
Zach backs off and gets in Stazengann.
Smoothie, anything going on I should know?
Zach waits for Scarlet to get in, and then takes off into the air towards Bridal Shores.

Yes. The town is being attacked.

Benson
2011-06-27, 05:55 PM
He could take no more. The action this pony carried out upset his stomach. Grills gagged and leaped in the fray of boringly swatted elite soldiers and the equally boring swatting Gwynfillion. There were times when efficiency must give some to style. To the Grills, this was one of them.

Dodging the planewalker's tentacles, fireballs, or whatever, Grills cordially proposed a suggestion. "Ma'am, if you are going to fight in such a stereotypically brutish manner.... dispose of me also, I cannot bare to watch such nonsense. Or at least allow me to teach you how to direct a decent combat sence."

"How dare you comment like that on the way I battle...I'll gladly dispose of you as you wish," She raised her roof ready to shove it into his throat. She then paused midway. Crud, what if he was one of the ponies that Soft said was off-limits, or she'd kill her. Dang, this stallion was not worth dying over. "You lucked out this time." She withdrew her hoof, continuously glowering at the stallion.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 05:57 PM
Yes. The town is being attacked.

Zach cursed, and he cranked up the speed. He got to town, and saw it being attacked. He quickly transformed Stazengann into normal form, and Scarlet was now in the top part and had control over the rainbow missiles. Zach began to spin the Gumdrop Gatling Gun's barrel, and began to shot at the soliders. He moved quickly, until he arrived at Eric and Smoothie.
"Need to get somewhere fast?"

Orzel
2011-06-27, 06:16 PM
"How dare you comment like that on the way I battle...I'll gladly dispose of you as you wish," She raised her roof ready to shove it into his throat. She then paused midway. Crud, what if he was one of the ponies that Soft said was off-limits, or she'd kill her. Dang, this stallion was not worth dying over. "You lucked out this time." She withdrew her hoof, continuously glowering at the stallion.

It he was going to teach this pony to be interesting, he would need a punishment. He could use intense heat. Abyssal Fire. Hell Fire. Elemental Fire. But those require high level magic. Too much energy. What could he do to punish her? "You're quite pretty when completely enraged. Too bad you fight like a beast."

Grills turned his head up and looked at the now angry mare through the corner of one of his eyes. "Divine beings are so predictable. They make everything the same. Created an extremely powerful planeswalker, wrapped it in a pretty box, then don't even bother to get her a complete personality. And to even make you heavily dependent on spells. Sloppy." His voice softened as his mocked Gwyn some more.

But would well he teach her first. Maybe he can add to her repertoire. Shooting spell like bullets gets boring quick. Melee combat can be a delightful twist.

."Can't you throw a punch, beautiful? Won't you hit me on the side of my face? Don't do it if it would cause you to chip a hoof. I'll weep if I cause a flaw to your external divinity. Avoid my lips, I need them. And don't worry about Soft, I'm letting you punch me." he said while tapping his cheek with a hoof.

Crisis21
2011-06-27, 06:27 PM
The 100 soliders fighting Mike were quickly reduced to 86. They shot their Sub-Machine Guns at him, but only a couple shots grazed his legs. Then, one of them pulled out a RPG(Rocket Propelled Gumdrop) and fired it at Mike.

Mike leaped high into the air, well clear of the projectile, which exploded on the street behind where he was standing. In mid-air, he launched several more of his projectiles at the soldiers on the ground before kicking off the wall of a building. He was now leaping from wall to wall, raining destruction down on the soldiers below him.

The 52 unicorn elite soliders horns glowed in conjunction, and the illusion faded. They all cocked their guns.
"Come out now, and tell us where Smoothie is. We only want Smoothie."

[Smoothie's Bar - Welcome to the funhouse! (I hope someone gets here quick...)]

After dispelling the illusion, the group found themselves.... on the ceiling? After a few moments where they didn't fall, they began to realize that the illusionist was of a higher caliber than normal.

Were they to look above them, they would see Mica calmly sitting at a table on the 'floor', sipping a beverage properly and waving at them cheerfully.

----------------------------------

[Outside - Here comes the cavalry]

The Bridle Shores guard and the militia were out in force, engaging the invaders in the streets.

The Public Works guild construction mecha was opening fire on the invaders on one street with a heavy nail-gun. On another street Rockem Wrench had just taken out over a dozen mooks with one swing of his massive twenty-foot monkey wrench. Over near where the portal had opened, the Captain was shouting orders left and right, directing the bulk of Bridle Shores' defenders to hold back the bulk of the invaders.

[Eric, Smoothie, and Issun - What else can go wrong?]

"Okay," Eric said, playing a harsh cutting note that knocked over a few advancing soldiers, but didn't quite take them out, "power is out all over town, the bar's been placed under a magical 'no pass' barrier, the town is being overrun by hostile forces, and..." 'I'm standing next to their potential objective.' he finished telepathically just in case any one he didn't want to was listening.

"Has anything else gone wrong, or is that it so far?"

Issun took the time to swing his large (for him) inkbrush at an invader coming up behind Eric, and flames leapt from the brush into the soldier's face, setting his mane on fire.

"Oy! Less gabbing, more fighting!"

Zach cursed, and he cranked up the speed. He got to town, and saw it being attacked. He quickly transformed Stazengann into normal form, and Scarlet was now in the top part and had control over the rainbow missiles. Zach began to spin the Gumdrop Gatling Gun's barrel, and began to shot at the soliders. He moved quickly, until he arrived at Eric and Smoothie.
"Need to get somewhere fast?"

"The bar! Invaders are already inside!"

As Eric grabbed Smoothie and jumped onto Stazengann, Issun threw out "Hey. Eric, who's the fruit?" before spotting Scarlet.

"Whoa! Pretty lady!" he cried, making a beeline for Scarlet, only to smack into Stazengann's transparent windshield.

Benson
2011-06-27, 06:35 PM
It he was going to teach this pony to be interesting, he would need a punishment. He could use intense heat. Abyssal Fire. Hell Fire. Elemental Fire. But those require high level magic. Too much energy. What could he do to punish her? "You're quite pretty when completely enraged. Too bad you fight like a beast."

Grills turned his head up and looked at the now angry mare through the corner of one of his eyes. "Divine beings are so predictable. They make everything the same. Created an extremely powerful planeswalker, wrapped it in a pretty box, then don't even bother to get her a complete personality. And to even make you heavily dependent on spells. Sloppy." His voice softened as his mocked Gwyn some more.

But would well he teach her first. Maybe he can add to her repertoire. Shooting spell like bullets gets boring quick. Melee combat can be a delightful twist.

."Can't you throw a punch, beautiful? Won't you hit me on the side of my face? Don't do it if it would cause you to chip a hoof. I'll weep if I cause a flaw to your external divinity. Avoid my lips, I need them. And don't worry about Soft, I'm letting you punch me." he said while tapping his cheek with a hoof.

"Yes...I can throw a punch, in case you forgot yesterday's battle with those other mooks, I am capable of melee. However, I will have to hold back...even if your mockery of me deserves a full force punch...on the lips as well. Unfortunately I don't think I'm allowed to kill you," She looked at the stallion who dared to talk down to her. How irritating he was...Why when she got this blasted collar off he'd be second on her list now.

More amusing was that this was going on as a silly invasion took place around them. Not that Gwynfillion really cared about this town, she owed it nothing.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 06:38 PM
Mike leaped high into the air, well clear of the projectile, which exploded on the street behind where he was standing. In mid-air, he launched several more of his projectiles at the soldiers on the ground before kicking off the wall of a building. He was now leaping from wall to wall, raining destruction down on the soldiers below him.

[Smoothie's Bar - Welcome to the funhouse! (I hope someone gets here quick...)]

After dispelling the illusion, the group found themselves.... on the ceiling? After a few moments where they didn't fall, they began to realize that the illusionist was of a higher caliber than normal.

Were they to look above them, they would see Mica calmly sitting at a table on the 'floor', sipping a beverage properly and waving at them cheerfully.

----------------------------------

The Bridle Shores guard and the militia were out in force, engaging the invaders in the streets.

The Public Works guild construction mecha was opening fire on the invaders on one street with a heavy nail-gun. On another street Rockem Wrench had just taken out over a dozen mooks with one swing of his massive twenty-foot monkey wrench. Over near where the portal had opened, the Captain was shouting orders left and right, directing the bulk of Bridle Shores' defenders to hold back the bulk of the invaders.

[Eric, Smoothie, and Issun - What else can go wrong?]

"Okay," Eric said, playing a harsh cutting note that knocked over a few advancing soldiers, but didn't quite take them out, "power is out all over town, the bar's been placed under a magical 'no pass' barrier, the town is being overrun by hostile forces, and..." 'I'm standing next to their potential objective.' he finished telepathically just in case any one he didn't want to was listening.

"Has anything else gone wrong, or is that it so far?"

Issun took the time to swing his large (for him) inkbrush at an invader coming up behind Eric, and flames leapt from the brush into the soldier's face, setting his mane on fire.

"Oy! Less gabbing, more fighting!"

"The bar! Invaders are already inside!"

As Eric grabbed Smoothie and jumped onto Stazengann, Issun threw out "Hey. Eric, who's the fruit?" before spotting Scarlet.

"Whoa! Pretty lady!" he cried, making a beeline for Scarlet, only to smack into Stazengann's transparent windshield.

Zach pressed a button and seats popped out in the back.
"Get in. And you, hyperactive guy, if anyone gets her it will be me. Got that?"
----
The soliders combined their magic again, and created an Anti- Magic field around them. Dispelling all magic.
"Tell us where Smoothie is, NOW."

Mystic Muse
2011-06-27, 06:46 PM
Smoothie sends a message to the guys threatening the bar.

"I would explain to you just how serious a mistake you just made by annoying me, but you do not have the wit nor the vocabulary to be able to comprehend a tenth of it. Therefore, it behooves me to simply demonstrate..."

There is now an elephant where several enemy unicorns used to be. They are now bloody smears on the floor. The elephant disappears soon after, before they can use it to deal any lasting damage.

There wasn't that fun? By the way, I'm outside of your stupid force field morons.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 06:51 PM
The guys within the bar grinned at Smoothie's pathetic attempt as her magic dissolved into their anti-magic shield. They decided to hold out in the bar until she got here.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 06:51 PM
"Yes...I can throw a punch, in case you forgot yesterday's battle with those other mooks, I am capable of melee. However, I will have to hold back...even if your mockery of me deserves a full force punch...on the lips as well. Unfortunately I don't think I'm allowed to kill you," She looked at the stallion who dared to talk down to her. How irritating he was...Why when she got this blasted collar off he'd be second on her list now.

More amusing was that this was going on as a silly invasion took place around them. Not that Gwynfillion really cared about this town, she owed it nothing.

Above and in the Battle - Mach

Goblins or ponies, disposable minions seem to operate in the same manner. Mach blasts one of the attacking soldiers and hits the arm of another with paralytic poison from the stinger. Flying up above the battle for a better look at the next target, he notices two 'friendlies' arguing. Mach zooms down into the sea of elites he hasn't been bothering with for obvious reasons with an angry look visible even through his goggles.

"What the clopping hay is wrong with you two?"

Orzel
2011-06-27, 06:56 PM

Grills sighed. "Incorrect response. Feel the wrath of... ummm... the Nine Hells," he said exasperated. A small portal opened up on the flat of his hoof. Out of it shot a crimson jet of fiendish fire. The hot beam washed over the planeswalker and roasted the soldier standing behind her. Grills shrugged. "Well, he was going to go to hell anyway."

Once the flames cleared, he patted away the excess heat in the area and dodged a couple shells. "Did that hurt? I'm looking for a suitable punished for failure in the course. Does extraplanar fire harm you, ma'am?"

Grills coughed. "And you couldn't kill me even if Soft allowed you too. Feel free to vent your anger," he teased.

Grif
2011-06-27, 07:09 PM

[Tyrol and Lemongrass/Not Again]

"Drat, we're never going to catch a break," Tyrol muttered as he spied the power going out all over.

[Icy Touch/Mr. Foo's Restaurant]

Icy gasped in shock as the power went out. "I get feeling we're being attacked again," she commented ironically as she spied soldiers marching down the street with guns.

[Shell Shock/Bar]
This Scot was too drunk to notice that the bar was being invaded. He was being annoyed by the loud noise all around.

Benson
2011-06-27, 07:18 PM
Grills sighed. "Incorrect response. Feel the wrath of... ummm... the Nine Hells," he said exasperated. A small portal opened up on the flat of his hoof. Out of it shot a crimson jet of fiendish fire. The hot beam washed over the planeswalker and roasted the soldier standing behind her. Grills shrugged. "Well, he was going to go to hell anyway."

Once the flames cleared, he patted away the excess heat in the area and dodged a couple shells. "Did that hurt? I'm looking for a suitable punished for failure in the course. Does extraplanar fire harm you, ma'am?"

Grills coughed. "And you couldn't kill me even if Soft allowed you too. Feel free to vent your anger," he teased.

It singed her mane a bit along with leaving mild burns on her fur. Naturally she glowered. No wait, she was already glowering, she did something else to indicate her irritation. Yea. Something else. Let the imagination go wild.

"You're right...I can't kill you...you unfortunately have PC Armor...but I at least treat you like a bloody punching bag," She let him have it. Imagination to run wild with it.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 07:18 PM
Zach booked it double time to the bar, and stopped outside.

Crisis21
2011-06-27, 07:29 PM
Zach pressed a button and seats popped out in the back.
"Get in. And you, hyperactive guy, if anyone gets her it will be me. Got that?"

The one-inch tall Issun didn't respond, he just slid down the windshield before Eric scooped him up and brought him inside with himself and Smoothie.

The soliders combined their magic again, and created an Anti- Magic field around them. Dispelling all magic.
"Tell us where Smoothie is, NOW."

Zach booked it double time to the bar, and stopped outside.

[Mica - Out of options]

"Crap," Mica whispered, unheard, from her hiding place. She really had no choice, but it would give away her position.

She started gathering magical force in quantities beyond what the soldiers in the bar would ever be capable of. Magical force enough to be felt by the ponies outside the bar.

Anyone who knows enough about magic would realize she's about to cast a disjunction spell, which will shatter both the anti-magic field and the barrier preventing entrance into the bar. Unfortunately, she needs a few more seconds to finish.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 07:37 PM
The one-inch tall Issun didn't respond, he just slid down the windshield before Eric scooped him up and brought him inside with himself and Smoothie.

[Mica - Out of options]

"Crap," Mica whispered, unheard, from her hiding place. She really had no choice, but it would give away her position.

She started gathering magical force in quantities beyond what the soldiers in the bar would ever be capable of. Magical force enough to be felt by the ponies outside the bar.

Anyone who knows enough about magic would realize she's about to cast a disjunction spell, which will shatter both the anti-magic field and the barrier preventing entrance into the bar. Unfortunately, she needs a few more seconds to finish.

One of the soliders noticed the influx of magical energy, and walked over to where Mica was hiding. He cocked his gun at her head and said the same sentence again, probably right when she finished gathering energy.
"Tell us where Smoothie I-!"
Right when he said it the seal and the field went down, He and the soliders were shot out of the bar for some reason, and when they landed, they were mostly out cold. Zach jumped out of Stazengann, and walked up to the leader who had landed nearby.
"Looks like you'll have to tell your boss you failed once you get to hell."
Zach pulled out a handgun, and the leader pulled one out more quickly and shot Zach in the face, who then went down.
"You first."
The leader then passed out, and Zach was on the ground, unmoving.
((DO NOT PANIC!))

Grif
2011-06-27, 07:40 PM
One of the soliders noticed the influx of magical energy, and walked over to where Mica was hiding. He cocked his gun at her head and said the same sentence again, probably right when she finished gathering energy.
Right when he said it the seal and the field went down, He and the soliders were shot out of the bar for some reason, and when they landed, they were mostly out cold. Zach jumped out of Stazengann, and walked up to the leader who had landed nearby.
Zach pulled out a handgun, and the leader pulled one out more quickly and shot Zach in the face, who then went down.
"You first."
((DO NOT PANIC!))

[Shell Shock/Left 4 Heads]

"Oy! Can you laddies keep the noise down? A stallion's trying to weep for the lack of alcohol in here," the demopony irritably called out to the soldiers, still clearly drunk.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-27, 07:48 PM
"You first."

Smoothie decided to drop down and start dealing with the soldiers. Naturally, she did it out of sight and while invisible since she's a wizard, and as a consequence, kind of squishy. It was really just a matter of dropping things that weigh a whole lot on their unconscious bodies or plane shifting them to the elemental plane of lava or something. Naturally, starting with the passed out leader. Unless the soldier is still threatening Mica, in which case she takes him out first.

((DO NOT PANIC!)) No worries there.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 07:55 PM
[Shell Shock/Left 4 Heads]

"Oy! Can you laddies keep the noise down? A stallion's trying to weep for the lack of alcohol in here," the demopony irritably called out to the soldiers, still clearly drunk.

Flying away from the insanity of the Grills/Gwyn, Mach zips over towards the bar, stabbing down another mook along the way. Once near Shell Shock, he grabs ahold of the demopony and shakes him, reaching for a needle in his bags.

"You are going to die if you sit there drunk!" Mach injects the lousy stinkin' drunk with enough adrenal wakeup to hopefully get him to do something.

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 07:57 PM
Zach is still on the ground, his chest lightly rises and falls.

Grif
2011-06-27, 08:00 PM
Flying away from the insanity of the Grills/Gwyn, Mach zips over towards the bar, stabbing down another mook along the way. Once near Shell Shock, he grabs ahold of the demopony and shakes him, reaching for a needle in his bags.

"You are going to die if you sit there drunk!" Mach injects the lousy stinkin' drunk with enough adrenal wakeup to hopefully get him to do something.

"Wha..." Shell Shock shook his head as the fog cleared. "Laddie, put me down right this instant. What the hay is going on?"

[Tyrol/Protecting Civilians]

The guardspony eyed Staccata for a moment before he said, "Can you handle yourself for a bit? I don't think those are friendly." He pointed towards a group of mooks now marching towards them.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 08:16 PM
"Wha..." Shell Shock shook his head as the fog cleared. "Laddie, put me down right this instant. What the hay is going on?"

[Tyrol/Protecting Civilians]

The guardspony eyed Staccata for a moment before he said, "Can you handle yourself for a bit? I don't think those are friendly." He pointed towards a group of mooks now marching towards them.

Gotta Move this Gear Up - Mach

Mach lets go of Shell Shock and hovers just slightly out of strangling range. "Town's under attack, take a look around!" Mach tries to think of some motivation to get him to get going. "I think they're invading the bar."

Playing Possum Well Enough - Staccata

Staccata looks like she can fall over unconscious at any moment. It's something she can easily work with to take a few out by surprise. "If you weren't such a gentlecolt, we may be in trouble. Retrieving a lady's possessions for her is admirable."

Staccata manages a small grin as she readies a dagger.

Orzel
2011-06-27, 08:19 PM
It singed her mane a bit along with leaving mild burns on her fur. Naturally she glowered. No wait, she was already glowering, she did something else to indicate her irritation. Yea. Something else. Let the imagination go wild.

"You're right...I can't kill you...you unfortunately have PC Armor...but I at least treat you like a bloody punching bag," She let him have it. Imagination to run wild with it.

He giggled at her hoof strikes. They were not weak and they did hurt but he was too stubborn to let Gwyn know that. This was part of his plan to break her and remold her into a decent character. When he dropped into a chuckling, bruised up mess; he spoke again "Took you long enough. You lose points for lateness though."

Grif
2011-06-27, 08:22 PM
Gotta Move this Gear Up - Mach

Mach lets go of Shell Shock and hovers just slightly out of strangling range. "Town's under attack, take a look around!" Mach tries to think of some motivation to get him to get going. "I think they're invading the bar."

(I'll admit, your motivational speech was hilarious.)

[Shell Shock/This Is Our Flippin' Point]

"What? Before I had me drink?!" The demopony took out his grenade launcher. "Nopony messes with my supply of alcohol." He ran off towards the nearest soldier, firing grenades in the air indiscriminately. "FRRRRREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOOOMMMMMM!'

Playing Possum Well Enough - Staccata

Staccata looks like she can fall over unconscious at any moment. It's something she can easily work with to take a few out by surprise. "If you weren't such a gentlecolt, we may be in trouble. Retrieving a lady's possessions for her is admirable."

Staccata manages a small grin as she readies a dagger.

[Tyrol/And Here We... Go]

The guardspony simply nodded and readied his shield. As the nearest mook approached, he accelerated into a sudden run and bowled over the nearest one.

Benson
2011-06-27, 08:40 PM
He giggled at her hoof strikes. They were not weak and they did hurt but he was too stubborn to let Gwyn know that. This was part of his plan to break her and remold her into a decent character. When he dropped into a chuckling, bruised up mess; he spoke again "Took you long enough. You lose points for lateness though."

"Just shut-up."

His laughing and mocking left her no satisfaction in the beating she gave him. She panted a little, she tired herself more with this beating, she did it out of anger, didn't control her punches right. The plum mare sneered at the bruised chocolate stallion on the ground, his chuckling....oh how she hated him.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 08:43 PM
Bar Fight! - Mach

After entering the bar, Mach ensures not to get caught on the ground. It may be safer from explosions up there. Unable to do much until he gets a clearer picture, Mach blasts one of the soldiers. Then spotting Zach, he yells at the demopony, who hopefully followed him in but hasn't killed everyone with an explosion.

"Cover me, going to ah try and help."

Playground Bullies - Staccata

As a soldier sneaks around, Staccata pretends to not notice and focuses on Tyrol battling the main force. When it gets close enough, she throws face at the soldier's eyes, causing a complete inability to see the blade slicing through the throat.

The violent motion still doesn't sit well with Staccata. "Ow..."

Mindfreak
2011-06-27, 08:49 PM
Zach is fighting for breath, the bullet traveled through his head, and he had precious seconds left. He saw Mach.
"Tell...Scarlet...that..I...lo-lov-loved my time......with her."
His eyes go blank, seeing into nothingness for all eternity.

--------
At the evil force's bunker, a signal was received. A tube opened, and Zach fell out. John(the original) laughed.
"All the power of the original, but none of the recent memories!"
He laughed an evil laugh.

sildra45
2011-06-27, 08:50 PM
Grin. FIRE!

"Maybe... maybe." she nods slowly.

Garion

"A good defense would only need a few mages to hold a shield in place, while the Aerial Corps, if available, can drop things upon the enemy safely from the high altitudes. If they train now like they did then, their accuracy should be pretty darn good. And even rotten eggs can make an enemy run. REALLY rotten eggs."

Harten

The old soldier pony watched Roy head to the medic, and turned to head to the bar, when he heard the commotion of the town, and galloped towards the sounds.

"These old bones...I should really retire at some point."

Lix Lorn
2011-06-27, 08:55 PM
Garion

"A good defense would only need a few mages to hold a shield in place, while the Aerial Corps, if available, can drop things upon the enemy safely from the high altitudes. If they train now like they did then, their accuracy should be pretty darn good. And even rotten eggs can make an enemy run. REALLY rotten eggs."

"I'll try." she says simply.

Grif
2011-06-27, 08:56 PM
Bar Fight! - Mach

After entering the bar, Mach ensures not to get caught on the ground. It may be safer from explosions up there. Unable to do much until he gets a clearer picture, Mach blasts one of the soldiers. Then spotting Zach, he yells at the demopony, who hopefully followed him in but hasn't killed everyone with an explosion.

"Cover me, going to ah try and help."

[Shell Shock/Don't Worry, I'll be Gentle]

"Right behind ya laddie." Shell Shock blew another mook into gory bits with his grenade launcher, reloading on the fly. Curse these godless ponies. Where's a dispenser when ya need one?

Playground Bullies - Staccata

As a soldier sneaks around, Staccata pretends to not notice and focuses on Tyrol battling the main force. When it gets close enough, she throws face at the soldier's eyes, causing a complete inability to see the blade slicing through the throat.

The violent motion still doesn't sit well with Staccata. "Ow..."

[Tyrol/Cutting through the Chaff]

Tyrol continued to plow through the group of mooks, knocking another two out. He winced in pain as a lucky shot broke through his flank armour, but gritted his teeth and rammed the shooter down.

MCerberus
2011-06-27, 09:12 PM
Zach is fighting for breath, the bullet traveled through his head, and he had precious seconds left. He saw Mach.
"Tell...Scarlet...that..I...lo-lov-loved my time......with her."
His eyes go blank, seeing into nothingness for all eternity.

--------
At the evil force's bunker, a signal was received. A tube opened, and Zach fell out. John(the original) laughed.
"All the power of the original, but none of the recent memories!"
He laughed an evil laugh.

[Shell Shock/Don't Worry, I'll be Gentle]

"Right behind ya laddie." Shell Shock blew another mook into gory bits with his grenade launcher, reloading on the fly. Curse these godless ponies. Where's a dispenser when ya need one?

Too Late? - Mach
Mach begins to charge a low-amplitude ZAPPER shock while holding the adrenaline needle in his other hoof. Not this time. Oh alicorns, not this time.
"Clear!" Mach shocks Zach's chest and follows immediately with a non-sterile shot of "if you've got anything left, get up."

[Tyrol/Cutting through the Chaff]

Tyrol continued to plow through the group of mooks, knocking another two out. He winced in pain as a lucky shot broke through his flank armour, but gritted his teeth and rammed the shooter down.

Fighting with Distinct Disadvantage - Staccata

Standing up still hurts quite a bit, but there's a natural motion to the reaction and faltering of her muscles. Almost like you can use it to dodge. Another soldier attacks, but Staccata ducks and cuts its tendon. This is followed by steel inserted into the skull by way of the ear.

She staggers back and falls over, running out of will to keep going.

HalfTangible
2011-06-27, 09:21 PM
[Icy Touch/Mr. Foo's Restaurant]

Icy gasped in shock as the power went out. "I get feeling we're being attacked again," she commented ironically as she spied soldiers marching down the street with guns.

Lone Star looked out the window as well and groaned when he saw the soldiers. "Great. Just bloody great." He looked to Icy as he hopped down from his seat. "Time to go kick ass, i suppose?"