PDA

View Full Version : Omnitopia: The Playground Permissions

Pages : [1] 2

Maxios
2011-06-25, 02:44 PM
Link to Main Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11298086#post11298086)FAQ:
What is Omnitopia: The Playground?
OTP (This is the official acronym, by the way) is a webcomic set in a fictional MMORPG that ended up becoming the most popular online game of all time. I think of it as a mixture of every game genre known to mankind. Players can start their own empires, they can explore the planet, they can turn evil and start blowing stuff up, basically, it's the perfect game.
Now, the premise of Omnitopia: The Playground is that the users of the forum have created their own server for Omnitopia. Nonsense follows, a Guildocracy is formed, people start exploring the world, and more nonsense follows.

What if I want to appear in the comic?
The answer to that question is extremely simple. You simply post on this thread, and say something along the lines of "I give permission to appear in this comic." I'll proceed to add you to the Permissions given list.
If you want to appear in a specific way, like as a villain, also include that as your post. The appearence of you in the game will be your avatar, or an edited version of it if it's not one of the twelve races in the game.

What if I don't want to appear in Omnitopia: The Playground?
Again, another simple answer. You simply post on this thread, and say something along the lines of "I don't want to appear in this comic." I'll then add you to the Banned from including list. If you decide in the future that you do want to appear, let me know and I'll add you to the correct list.

Permissions Given:
Maxios (Of course, but my role in the comic is very different from what people may think)
CrimsonAngel (Must appear as a glorious hero)
GrlumpTheElder (Must appear as a gluttonous, greedy, fool)
Akrim.Elf (Must appear as a Catgirl Ghost)
Lord Raziere (No specific requests, but I do plan on Raziere finding a Blue Elder Ring early on)
ShadowLord, (No specific request, but I've decided he will appear as a necromancer named the Lord of Shadows)
Azuyomi (Must appear as a thief)
Betropper (Must appear as an Angel/Were-Raptor)
Saeyan (Must appear as a piano playing bard)
Blue Ghost (must appear as a heroic Mage)
AThousandWords (must appear as a stick figure with the powers of drawing. Note for self: he'll start out human, but will be morphed into a stick figure)
Superdark (Must appear as a supervillain with an army of droid. The generals must be Annunaki look alikes”
Bladescape (Must appear as a mysterious ninja with his own secret agenda)
Pal Muad’dib (Must appear as an evil lieutenant or a powerful underling)
Fizzybobnewt (Must appear as a batman-style character who fights crime with ego, gadgets, and horrible puns in his secret identity “Catman”.)
Zyborg (Must appear as a Gunstringer)
Nibleswick (Must apper as a goodguy Priest)
GuyFawkes (Must be a parody of V from V for Vendetta)
Zejety (Must be a whip-wielding civiliced half-orc bard (story teller)
Leakingpen (Initially wanted to appear as an NPC talking pen [will still include something like that at one point] but is now reconsidering concept)
Teutonic Knight (Must appear as a scrawny man trained to be a chivalrous knight. Uses a metal pole he calls the Colonoscoper in combat)
The Rinni (Must appear as a zealous, ambitious, and evil bard)
Conzom (Must appear as a big robed, pervy priest)
Shovah (Must appear as a Living Plant and an aggressive druid)
Morph Bark (Must appear as a mixture of physical and mental, as in a Space Knight)
Gimligamer (Must appear as an angel bard)
Dorian Soth Thormag (Must appear as a shapeshifter)
Salbazier (Must appear as a spell caster)
Lither (Must appear as an evil villain who does not grasp the concept of evil)
Welknair (Must appear as an astounding character who does tremendous feats)
Tychris (Must appear as a half-dragon deathknight who’s a lich who uses a guitar to cast spells and a meat cleaver. Turns into a dracolich when stressed.)
Maquise (Must appear as a Space Knight)
Ashtix (Must appear as a necromancer with delusions of grandeur who is turned into an undead turtle…with delusions of grandeur)
Smuchmuch (Must appear as a robot disguised as a cyborg)
Eternis: Must appear as a wise-cracking guy turned into a wise-cracking artifact (came up with the part of him getting turned into artifact).
RagingRage: Must appear as a very angry person.
Ramsus: Must appear as a beguiler/illusionist who impersonates other users. Also gets cursed causing beneficial things to harm him and bad things to help him.
Kaytara: Must appear as an artistic and insane scientist.
Half-Dragon Cube: Must appear as a half-dragon cube (Note to self: I’ll have him start out human and then have him get shape shifted into a cube then into a half-dragon cube).
Thomas Duskwind: Must appear as a paladin.
Omeganaut: Must appear as a guy crazy but wise prophecy.
Ralcos: Must appear as a Kobold Samurai.
Lil Shiro: Must appear as a cross-dresser.
Parasyn: Must appear as a cursed man who turns into a demon at night (added the part about night).
Lemonous: Must appear as an insane villain who can drive people crazy with his banjo
H Birchgrove: Must appear as an Anti-Hero
Singing Noodle: Must appear as a revenge seeking guy named Diego Palentino (Note to self: Diego will be an NPC; Singing Noodle will appear as a PC)
Mira Man: Must appear as an elf with multiple personalities (a belligerent bowman, a pacifistic dual-wielding swordsman, a priest of a CE war god, the nun of a LG deity, a nymphomaniac singer, an eight-year-old girl, a ninety-nine year old man, an obsessed librarian and an illiterate monk). (Note to self: Multiple Personality Elf will be an NPC, Mira Man will appear as a PC)
Vince the Mage: Must appear as someone named Vincent
Druid91: Must appear helpful, and more annoying than a nest of roaches
Cole10000: Must appear as an evil mage who lives by this quote "There is good, there is Evil, and there is somewhere in-between. The main difference is Evil is much more fun."
TheMagicalCake: Must appear as a griefer who leads an organization called Majestic Phoenix.
ExtravagantEvil: Must appear as a villain
Smokin Red: Must appear as a pacifist hippie
Elemental: Must appear as a dragon mage who invites people over for tea and boardgames
ShadowySilence: Must appear as a strange man who seems to appear out of nowhere to help peple in trouble and facing moral dilemmas. Hes also a prankster, and when in prank mode, wears a troll face mask.
Mutant Sheep: Must appear as a guy who gets turned into a sheep.
Tyndmyr: Must appear as a caster, also must poke fun at his love of ridiulous optimization.
Croverus: Must appear as a force of chaos
PsychoticPanda: Must appear as a chaotic ninja bear
SneakyWeasel: Must appear as a hacker who only manages to get wacky results
Radhop: Must appear as an angelic paladin who starts his own town
Luka: Must appear as a 16 year-old paladin who uses Leeroy Jenkins tactics…and actually succeeds. Likes stomping undead.
Milo v3: Must appear as a genre savy kobold necromancer (looks like his avatar) who causes tropes to happen because he believes they must happen. Ax Crazy towards Gnomes.
Nhbdy: Must appear as a blackguard/anti-paladin, does whatever seems practical, does mercenary work
The Warlock Dark Elf Bard: Must appear as a satyr rogue who’ll fall in love with the first female character he meets. The female will probably fall for him, too. Must appear as a chaotic good drow bard who is also romantic.
SheepInDisguise: Must appear as a d12 King of a meteor loving villains
PenguinKing: Must appear as a dumb king who is really a chess master after a macguffin or apocalyptic priest.
Castaras: Must appear as a dark elf fire mage.
Golentan: Must as appear as a crazy, rambling, loveable person.
Hipho: Must appear as a lecherous old intelligent axe of either gender
Vesth: Must appear as a mage who secretly tries to do experiments on people (putting spell components to other's people's food, dissecting a sleeping person alive, etc)
PurityIceKiller: Must appear as a smart, spacey elf mage.
SilverLeaf167: Must appear as a human druid who rides a huge housecat. Also a bit of pyromaniac.
Mike the Mystic: Must appear as a deadpan snarker monk with an aura that follows him around.
Beowulf DW: Must appear as a red-haired Viking who got hit on the head and wakes up thinking he is a samurai.
Twilight Muse: Must appear as a barbarian or paladin of a death deity. Is a protagonist.
Death Pig: Must appear as a chaotic good wight
Eldan: Must appear as a wizard/scientist who creates a weird monster
Riverdance: Must appear as a drunk irsish pickpocket who can't pickpocket
Chezmarine: Must appear as a disgruntled gunslinger werewolf action hero (like Duke Nukem)
Cyborg Mage: Must appear as an irritable, morally-ambiguous cyborg mage, generally trying to keep reality in working order-and probably beating the crap out of the odd arc villain in the meantime.
Sgt. Cookie: Must appear as a mental tank-character who says odd and helpful things most of the time. Has a big sword, jokes come from his high hit-point pool, has a beret, and uses the Union Flag as the color scheme for his armor.
Desmond Tiny: Must appear as a very smart (and very physically weak) mage villain who wears a black cloak that hides his race. Almost exclusively uses time magic, and appears to be good.
Pinfront: Must appear as a kobold or goblin with the class of mutant.
Ingis: Must appear as an elven eldritch knight.
MeanMrsMustard: Must appear as a Neutral Good Elf Cleric
Elimu Marimech: Must appear as a Pyschic Warrior who, despite being a dude, was trained at a school for women
Akowrules: Must appear as a bard who is awesome in melee combat
The Changer: Must appear as Hex, a voodoo priest who binds demon in talismans. Loves fried chicken.
Drowlord: Must appear as a Lawful Evil Drow who is very controlled and calm, and uses a little magic.
ForzaFiori: Must appear as an evil mage
Anti Matter 101: Must appear as a Fighter who hates people who use guns and magic, and fights with two axes.
snusnumrik: Must appear as a mushroom creature monster of the week
Cuthalion: Must appear as a strong, trustworthy paladin who craps his pants at the sight of a dog
Falloutimperial: Must appear as a lovable miser.
Currently at: 97 Permissions

Banned from including:
None, as of now

CrimsonAngel
2011-06-25, 03:23 PM
I give you permission to make me look like a glorious hero.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-06-25, 03:52 PM
I give you permission to make me look like a gluttonous fool.

Maxios
2011-06-25, 03:52 PM
Starting Statistics:

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CA.jpg
CRIMSON ANGEL
Race: Angel
Class: Ranger
Level: One

Muscle 16
Endurance 15
Agility 13
Smarts 12
Personality 14

Bonus Arcane Spell Damage: +2
Bonus Divine Spell Damage: +4
Bonus Melee Damage: +6
Bonus Ranged Damage: +3

Health: 30
Max Carrying Weight: 310
Current Carried Weight: 22

Equipment:
Greatsword (Twelve pounds, 15 damage, slow attack speed, worth $75)
Shortsword x2 (Seven pounds, 8 damage, normal attack speed, worth $50)
Tunic (Three pounds, worth $10, no DR)
Pants (Three pounds, worth $10, no DR)
Boots (Two pounds, worth $10, no DR)

At the start of the comic, you won't be a glorious hero, just another player. But, throughout it, various characters will mention your adventures, and soon, people will talk about you as a great hero. Is this good, Crimson?

^: You'll appear as a greedy dwarf. I'll create your character's image in one moment.

CrimsonAngel
2011-06-25, 03:56 PM
Change my weapon to dual short swords and you have a deal.

Maxios
2011-06-25, 04:00 PM
Fixed :smallcool:

GrlumpTheElder
2011-06-25, 04:05 PM
^: You'll appear as a greedy dwarf. I'll create your character's image in one moment.

Not a Gnome?
Shame...

Akrim.elf
2011-06-25, 04:12 PM
this look interesing.. maybe one free npc for me ? :))
cat girl, of course :)
undead cat girl (ghost, not zombie or skeleton or ghoul or... another ugly undead character)... wow... silence, shadow npc character...
no, this is not a joke.. realy :))

Maxios
2011-06-25, 04:18 PM
To Grlump: Dwarf it is!
Akrim.Elf: I'll post your character and her statistics after I finish Grlump's

Lord Raziere
2011-06-25, 04:22 PM
I give my permission to appear in this.

Maxios
2011-06-25, 04:23 PM
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/GTE.jpg
GRLUMP
Race: Gnome
Class: Fighter

Muscle 14
Endurance 15
Agility 18
Smarts 10
Personality 13

Bonus Arcane Spell Damage: +0
Bonus Divine Spell Damage: +3
Bonus Melee Damage: +4
Bonus Ranged Damage: +8

Health: 30
Max Carrying Weight: 290
Current Carried Weight: 20

Equipment:
Greatsword (Twelve pounds, 15 damage, slow attack speed, worth $75)
Greataxe (Twelve pounds, 10 damage, medium attack speed, worth $75)

Early on, Grlump becomes a mercenary (one of the quickest ways to make cash in Omnitopia) and soon joins the Adventurer's Guild (a glorified merc group, led by me). Any changes needed?

^: Excellent :smallcool:

GrlumpTheElder
2011-06-25, 04:31 PM
Can he weild axe if possible

Maxios
2011-06-25, 04:40 PM
Can he weild axe if possible

Sure. I'll edit his sheet in one moment :smallwink:

CrimsonAngel
2011-06-25, 04:41 PM
Are we all going to be fighters, or are there more options?

Maxios
2011-06-25, 04:44 PM
The Classes are:
Fighter
Ranger
Thief
Priest
Space Knight
Mutant
Mage
Paladin
Ninja
Gunslinger
Edit: Also, the Bard is a class.

I may come up with more classes later.

CrimsonAngel
2011-06-25, 04:46 PM
Hmm. Make me a ranger then, please.

Maxios
2011-06-25, 04:50 PM
That makes two rangers: your guy, and Raziere
(I based your character image off the avatar)

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/RAZ.jpg
RAZIERE
Race: Human
Class: Ranger

Muscle 13
Endurance 14
Agility 15
Smarts 15
Personality 13

Bonus Arcane Spell Damage: +5
Bonus Divine Spell Damage: +3
Bonus Melee Damage: +3
Bonus Ranged Damage: +5

Health: 28
Max Carrying Weight: 270
Current Carried Weight: 31

Equipment:
Shortsword (Seven pounds, 8 damage, normal attack speed, worth $50)
Bow (Six pounds, damage varies because of arrows used, fast attack speed, range 300 feet, worth $70)
Arrows x10 (1 pound, seven damage, worth $5 each)

Early in the comic, while exploring, Raziere falls into a small, randomly generated cave. There, she discovers a Blue Elder Ring, one of a dozen. Any changes needed?

Shadow Lord
2011-06-25, 06:12 PM
I give you permission to use me ( I think this is how it works. Does it work like this? I'm sorry if I'm wrong )

Azuyomi244
2011-06-25, 09:19 PM
You can use me. I would like to be a thief if that's possible.

Maxios
2011-06-25, 09:24 PM
^^: ShadowLord, you will appear as the Lord of Shadows (a mage focused on necromancy).
^: Azuyomi, you will appear as a thief.

I'll add both of you to permissions in one moment.

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/AE.jpg
Akrim
Race: Catgirl/Ghost
Class: Thief

Muscle 15
Endurance 10
Agility 15
Smarts 15
Personality 15

Bonus Divine Spell Damage: +5
Bonus Melee Damage: +5

Health: 20
Max Carrying Weight: 250
Current Carried Weight: 31

Equipment:
Revolver (Five pounds, 50 damage, fast attack speed, range 300 feet, worth $300)
Bullets x20 (1 pound, worth $15 each)

Early in the game, Akrim (while cave exploring alongside Maxios, CrimsonAngel, and The Lord of Shadows, discovers a Revolver hidden a chest. Because of it, she becomes the envy of various users, until finally, a greedy Grlump "accidently" knocks her off a cliff. He proceeds to take her revolver, and leave the site.
Akrim is then revived, as a ghost, by the Lord of Shadows. Thoughts?

Betropper
2011-06-25, 10:34 PM
I give you permission to include me in this most awesome of projects. Probably as a fallen angel given the avatar is probably not one of the races and is in someone else's comic :smalltongue:

If it doesn't work for your plot I could be a Wereraptor as well, given it was my original avatar.

Maxios
2011-06-25, 10:42 PM
You'll appear as an angel/wereraptor :smallbiggrin:

Maxios
2011-06-25, 10:53 PM
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/MB.jpg
Maxios
Class: Space Knight

Muscle 20
Endurance 11
Agility 10
Smarts 9
Personality 20

Bonus Divine Spell Damage: +5
Bonus Melee Damage: +5

Health: 22
Max Carrying Weight: 310
Current Carried Weight: 15

Equipment:
Maxios appears in the comic as a moron, in a comic relief/Ralph-Wiggums type role. Maxios, early on, sets up the Guildocracy (which eventually becomes the server's largest country, another Minecraft server joke, which will be common) and joins the Adventurer's Guild. Despite his moronic appearence, Maxios is very cunning (and at one point in a comic strip I have planned) reveals he has a Master Plan.
The reason I had myself take the Ralph-Wiggums esqe, moronic, role is that I figured that I might offend someone if I have somebody else take that role.

Betropper
2011-06-25, 11:02 PM
You'll appear as an angel/wereraptor :smallbiggrin:

I meant one or the other, but your idea sounds awesome :smallbiggrin:

Saeyan
2011-06-25, 11:05 PM
I give permission to be a piano-playing bard!

Lord Raziere
2011-06-25, 11:13 PM
ranger huh? thats cool, just...I dunno, being a badass sharp-shooter is cool enough for me, maybe get a crossbow later on? thats all I can think of.

oh and, change race to half-elven please, thats all.

Maxios
2011-06-25, 11:15 PM
To Betropper: Thanks :smallcool:
Saeyan: Alright
Raziere: Okay, I'll fix the sheet. The lone elf ear is hidden beneath the hair, and a running gag throughout the comic will be characters thinking your character is a human because of the hidden elf ear.

Lord Raziere
2011-06-25, 11:16 PM
I'm cool with that. :smallcool:

Maxios
2011-06-25, 11:26 PM
I'm cool with that. :smallcool:

Alright.
Also, I'll start the actual thread for Omnitopia tomorrow.

Qaera
2011-06-25, 11:39 PM
I give permission to appear in the comic as a lean stick figure with sunglasses, with drawing based powers/weapons.

Cool idea man.

Blue Ghost
2011-06-25, 11:44 PM
I would like to appear as myself. Y'know, Lawful Good wizard, power of love and friendship, all that.

Maxios
2011-06-25, 11:45 PM
I give permission to appear in the comic as a lean stick figure with sunglasses, with drawing based powers/weapons.

Cool idea man.

1. Stick Figure isn't one of the races. But, you can be Morphed into one, so your character will start out as human, but will quickly be cursed into becoming a stick figure.
2. Thanks. Zexion helped come up with several elements of Omnitopia (the setting, that is) as well, so I can't take all the credit.

^: Alright :smallbiggrin:

Qaera
2011-06-25, 11:46 PM
That's cool.

Maxios
2011-06-25, 11:54 PM
That's cool.

Alright :smallbiggrin:

Shadow Lord
2011-06-26, 07:15 AM
This is gonna be awesome :smallwink:

GrlumpTheElder
2011-06-26, 07:50 AM
This reminds me of a fan comic that was being run when I first joined the forums. I think it was called In the Playground, and it was run by Elrond - it used people's avatars and characters and set them in a scenario.

This does look like it will be awesome!

Akrim.elf
2011-06-26, 08:33 AM
wow.. look nice... but maybe little recollor, if is posible?
gray skin and light brow hair?
and dont forget for tail :))

ow yeeah!
a little silence shadowy helper of mighty darkness Lord of Chaos!
lets play XD

Asthix
2011-06-26, 09:19 AM
If you want to use my avatar you may. Technically it's supposed to be an undead turtle familiar with delusions of grandeur, but if you want to use 'im for something else feel free.

smuchmuch
2011-06-26, 11:02 AM
You have my permission to represent me as whatever you wish.

@V (strictly speaking, the current avatar is actualy a robot diguised a sa human terminator style wiht it's diguise crumbling rather than a cyborg, but sure why not.)

Maxios
2011-06-26, 12:47 PM
To Shadowlord: Thank you :smallcool:

To Grlump: I once read The Playground. It was a pretty cool comic, but it's a shame it ended. Also, thanks

To Akrim: Alright, I'll fix her appearence.

To Ashtix: Since Turtle is a race you can be morphed into, your character will start out human. But, after activating a trap, your guy's been cursed into becoming a Turtle.

To Smuchmuch: You'll appear as a gunslinger who tries to become a Cyborg.

Maxios
2011-06-26, 01:29 PM
I'm undergoing HUGE inkscape problems right now. As in, I can't draw, copy-paste, or even select anything in the Giantitp Omnitopia Character Sheet. Anyone know the reason why?

Edit: I fixed it. The layer got locked somehow.

Maxios
2011-06-26, 04:47 PM
I've gotten the Lord of Shadows and Azuyomi done. After Betropper's all done, I'll post the images and character sheets :smallcool:

Shadow Lord
2011-06-26, 04:53 PM
I've gotten the Lord of Shadows and Azuyomi done. After Betropper's all done, I'll post the images and character sheets :smallcool:

Huzzah!!!!

super dark33
2011-06-26, 05:01 PM
I give you my permission to make me a great dark mage (not necromancer), a vilian extraordinaire!

Maxios
2011-06-26, 05:02 PM
I forgot to mention earlier, you can use any image I've posted on this thread as an avatar, as long as you credit me in the signature.

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/LOS.jpg

Lord of Shadows
Class: Mage

Muscle 12
Endurance 18
Agility 10
Smarts 18
Personality 12

Bonus Arcane Spell Damage: +8
Bonus Divine Spell Damage: +2
Bonus Melee Damage: +2
Bonus Ranged Damage: +0

Health: 36
Max Carrying Weight: 300
Current Carried Weight: 18

Equipment:
Hood (Three pounds, worth $10, no DR)

The Lord of Shadows has a focus on necromancy. While all the other players are off looting, or exploring, or even *gasps* working together, the Lord of Shadows is busy building his undead army.
After Akrim "accidently" gets pushed off a mountain by Grlump, the Lord of Shadows revives her and turns her into his undead minion. Eventually, a player discovers the Lord of Shadows' plans to conquer the GameWorld with his undead army, and warns the others.
The Lord of Shadows and his sinister horde retreat far in-land. Soon, after his horde grows ten times the size it originally was, he attempts to unleash a zombie apocolypse onto Omnitopia...
As you can guess, the Lord of Shadows is the villain of the first main story arc. Thoughts?

super dark33
2011-06-26, 05:04 PM
am i late? and where is the said thread?

(my permission post is above the shadowlord sheet post)

Maxios
2011-06-26, 05:08 PM
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/AZUY.jpg
Azuyomi
Class: Thief

Muscle 10
Endurance 13
Agility 17
Smarts 13
Personality 17

Bonus Arcane Spell Damage: +3
Bonus Divine Spell Damage: +7
Bonus Melee Damage: +0
Bonus Ranged Damage: +7

Health: 26
Max Carrying Weight: 230

Equipment:
Boots (Two pounds, worth $10, no DR)Azuyomi soon joins the Adventurer's Guild, alongside numerous other players including Maxios [another Minecraft server joke*] and CrimsonAngel. The group tries to find the Metropolis, the one city that always spawns on, but halfway through the journey the group splits in half.
The first half, led by Maxios, starts their own kingdom [The Guildoracy**] and the other half continues their quest. Azuyomi joins the Guildoracy, and becomes a member of the Council of the Five Heroes. Thoughts?

To Superdark: You're not late. The main thread will start soon, as soon as I finish the first three strips of The Playground and a few templates.

*-On the minecraft server, I started a merc group called the Adventurer's Guild within three hours of joining.
**-After finding a ripe area, the guild made their own city "Fort-Town". I became the Baron of the guild-kingdom, the Guildocracy.

Shadow Lord
2011-06-26, 05:10 PM
My thoughts are...

HELL YEAH!

Though, I know this might seem much, and I don't want to be needy or nothin', and you absolutely don't need to do this but... could you possibly make a short character sheet for basic units in his army? And now that I think about it, I feel like a douche bag. Still, I have to ask, so I can get a general feel for what they're like.

super dark33
2011-06-26, 05:12 PM
oh phew, did you draw these charecter portraits?

Maxios
2011-06-26, 05:17 PM
To Shadowlord: You got it! I'll post the stats for the Zombie's, Ghouls, and Skeletons extremely soon!

To Superdark: I did :smallcool:

super dark33
2011-06-26, 05:26 PM
then you realy improved your drawing skills since the last fancomics ive seen from you, good job!
and there might be changes to my charecters portrait, i will get them done soon.

Shadow Lord
2011-06-26, 05:27 PM
To Shadowlord: You got it! I'll post the stats for the Zombie's, Ghouls, and Skeletons extremely soon!

To Superdark: I did :smallcool:

Thanks, man. Maybe Superdark can be my lackey:smallamused::smallwink:

Anyhoo, I hope that for once the Heroes lose, and the Villains win.

super dark33
2011-06-26, 05:28 PM
nah, i will my for all the limelight to be aimed at me instead of it shared between both of us. dont you agree?

Maxios
2011-06-26, 05:35 PM
Superdark will be the villain of the second story arc, and will be a supervillain with a droid army. Thoughts?

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/WZ.jpg

Weak Zombie

Muscle 12
Endurance 10
Agility 13
Smarts 8
Personality 8

Bonus Arcane Spell Damage: 0
Bonus Divine Spell Damage: 0

Zombie Curse: Any character killed by a zombie rises ten seconds later as a zombified version of their character.
Zombie Punch: A Weak Zombie's primary attack, it does three damage + the Bonus Melee Attack Damage (5 DAM altogether)

Health: 20
Max Carrying Weight: 220

Equipment:
Tattered Shirt (One pound, worth $2, no DR)
Tattered Pants (One pound, worth $2, no DR)
1d10 Coins

Shadow Lord
2011-06-26, 05:40 PM
Cool, that's alright.

And... more questions!

How big is the Necromantic Army, in Numeric Estimate?

Will there be Creepers anywhere?

Are there any Chefs who make Cakes?

super dark33
2011-06-26, 05:41 PM
Droid army? you mean robots? if you know the game Mardek i would like if you base my army on the ANNUNAKI. if you dont, just google search that.

and i think undead shouldnt have only one picture, especialy zombies, as some might not have limbs or heads.

ALSO: my charecter portrait request appears in the avatar request. if you want you can make it.

Maxios
2011-06-26, 05:45 PM
1. By the end of the first story arc, the undead army is 25,436 undead monsters.

2. Not Creepers per say, but there will be a creature very similar to them.

3. Chefs are in the game, and so is cake.

4. Alright. You'll have an army of Annunaki look-alikes.

5. That's the base Zombie image. There are other images of zombies, some with missing limbs, missing eyes, even missing heads.

zyborg
2011-06-26, 05:50 PM
I give permission to use me as either my avatar, a prank-pulling marionette/puppet-thing with a checkered mask, or as an elderly, trap-loving Kobold/Goblin/whatever the underdog species is.

Maxios
2011-06-26, 05:52 PM
I give permission to use me as either my avatar, a prank-pulling marionette/puppet-thing with a checkered mask, or as an elderly, trap-loving Kobold/Goblin/whatever the underdog species is.

I'll use your current avatar. You'll be a Gunstringer (a class the mixes the Bard with the Fighter)

zyborg
2011-06-26, 05:59 PM
Thanks, Maxios. Ironically, my avatar is a Bard who had a really hard time using a crossbow. :smalltongue:

Maxios
2011-06-26, 06:15 PM
I had to put the skeleton in the green box, or else you wouldn't see his body

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/WS.jpg
Weak Skeleton
Level: Two

Muscle 14
Endurance 12
Agility 13
Smarts 8
Personality 8

Bonus Arcane Spell Damage: 0
Bonus Divine Spell Damage: 0

Skeleton Punch: A Weak Zombie's primary attack, it does seven damage + the Bonus Melee Attack Damage (9 DAM altogether)

Health: 24
Max Carrying Weight: 240
Current Carried Weight: 0

Equipment:

1d10 Coins

super dark33
2011-06-26, 06:17 PM
4. Alright. You'll have an army of Annunaki look-alikes.

you got me wrong, robot troopers and slaves, Annunaki look-alikes generals and stuff.

Maxios
2011-06-26, 06:18 PM
you got me wrong, robot troopers and slaves, Annunaki look-alikes generals and stuff.

Alright. I understand now

Maxios
2011-06-26, 06:34 PM
Strip One is nearly complete!

Shadow Lord
2011-06-26, 06:39 PM
Huzzah! And damn, if we're using D&D rules I'd need a caster level of, like, 6359! This comic is gonna be made out of win.

Betropper
2011-06-26, 07:12 PM
Daww, I'll have to wait a week to see my sheet or the first strip :smalltongue:
It's gonna be a looooong week

Maxios
2011-06-26, 07:41 PM
Halfway done with strip 2. Once strip 3 is done, I'll post the thread in fan comics. Even after I post the thread, I will still be taking permissions.

Maxios
2011-06-26, 07:52 PM
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/BG.jpg
Blue Ghost
Class: Mage

Muscle 12
Endurance 12
Agility 10
Smarts 18
Personality 18

Bonus Arcane Spell Damage: +8
Bonus Divine Spell Damage: +8
Bonus Ranged Damage: +0

Health: 24
Max Carrying Weight: 240
Current Carried Weight: 18

Equipment:
Hood (Three pounds, worth $10, no DR)
Blue Ghost was the second person (the first behind Crimson Angel) to enter the server. He soon joins a small group of players to explore a cave (The group was: Maxios, Crimson Angel, Akrim, and Grlump) and joins the Adventurer's Guild afterwards.
Blue Ghost later starts a Wizard's Guild. Thoughts?

Betropper
2011-06-26, 07:52 PM
Halfway done with strip 2. Once strip 3 is done, I'll post the thread in fan comics. Even after I post the thread, I will still be taking permissions.

Impressive. You must be really devoted to this little project.

Maxios
2011-06-26, 07:53 PM
Impressive. You must be really devoted to this little project.

EXTREMELY devoted. I'm putting a level of detail and concentration in this project that I never did with The Official Nexus Webcomic and the Hubworld.

Maxios
2011-06-26, 08:21 PM
Strip 2 is done:

Characters appearing:
Server
Crimson Angel
Blue Ghost

Shadow Lord
2011-06-26, 08:33 PM
IIRC, I was in the same party as Akrim, originally, wasn't I?

Maxios
2011-06-26, 08:39 PM
IIRC, I was in the same party as Akrim, originally, wasn't I?

Right. I just forgot to mention you. My bad :smalleek::smallsigh:

Shadow Lord
2011-06-26, 08:42 PM
Right. I just forgot to mention you. My bad :smalleek::smallsigh:

Nobody ever remembers me :smallfrown:

:smallwink:

bladescape
2011-06-26, 09:06 PM
I give my permission to appear in this!

Either as my Avatar(Ninja/Ranger who has their own agenda, but maybe needs the goodguys alive for?) A shadow who is rarely seen....:smallcool:

Or, if you've got a better idea, I'm alright to listen.:smallsmile:

Shadow Lord
2011-06-26, 09:14 PM
A Good Villain always has two Lieutenants... there's no innuendo in this post. What you talkin' 'bout, Willice?

Vwulf DeMarcus
2011-06-27, 09:15 AM
I give permission to make me as some sort of evil lieutenant or something. Not the main villain of any story arc, but as some sort of powerful underling.

...Wait, did that make sense?:smallconfused:

fizzybobnewt
2011-06-27, 11:07 AM
NanananananananananananananananaCATMAN!
A cross between Othar Trygvaasen and Batman, he fights crime with technology, ego, horrible puns, and annoyingly witty banter. Though his username is Fizzybobnewt, to most he is known only as CatMan: The furred avenger!

You have permission.

super dark33
2011-06-27, 01:09 PM
how long do you plan that arc to last? cuz i dont want to live for only one arc, later maybe as reoccuring villian or somthing.

Maxios
2011-06-27, 01:17 PM
how long do you plan that arc to last? cuz i dont want to live for only one arc, later maybe as reoccuring villian or somthing.

Each main story arc will last about three chapters. Each chapter will consist of 25 or more strips. The chapters in the first arc will be:

In the Beginning...
The Betrayal...
The Apocolypse...

Main villains in the story arcs, unless killed, will reappear with recurring roles.

Maxios
2011-06-27, 04:16 PM
I have submitted the thread :smallbiggrin:

zyborg
2011-06-27, 04:24 PM
You have? Where?

Maxios
2011-06-27, 04:27 PM
Fan Comics. A mod has to approve it first

Qaera
2011-06-27, 04:29 PM
Maybe if you PM one, it will go through faster? :smallbiggrin:

Maxios
2011-06-27, 04:43 PM
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH0Banner.jpg (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204711)

The first banner ever! Feel free to put it in your signature, but make sure that it's linked to the first page of this thread :smallcool:

Nibleswick
2011-06-27, 05:01 PM
I give my permission. Could I be a good guy priest please?

Maxios
2011-06-27, 05:02 PM
I give my permission. Could I be a good guy priest please?

Sure. I'll add you to the OP :smallbiggrin:

Nibleswick
2011-06-27, 05:07 PM
Thank you.:smallsmile:

super dark33
2011-06-27, 05:20 PM
Is this an illusion? i though i saw Maxios's post saying he opened a TF2 server, but i dont see it, an illusion?
and what is TF2 anyway?

Maxios
2011-06-27, 05:22 PM
Team Fortress 2. I deleted the post because the game and it's server crashed on me after it loaded :smallsigh:

super dark33
2011-06-27, 05:26 PM
ooohhh phew, then my computer doesnt try to kill me. what a relief!

CrimsonAngel
2011-06-27, 05:43 PM
I'm still trying to kill you, though.

super dark33
2011-06-27, 05:43 PM
i didnt say i removed you from the list, only the computer.

Maxios
2011-06-27, 05:49 PM
I still can't believe the thread isn't up yet. If it's not up within the next hour, I will post the first three strips on this thread.

super dark33
2011-06-27, 05:56 PM
why not now? If outer peoplez will agree.
and the thread wont be up in a hour, the mods for webcomic section are offline.

Maxios
2011-06-27, 06:09 PM
They're all invisible. For all I know, they could be looking over the thread right now.

Maxios
2011-06-27, 06:44 PM
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH11-1.jpg

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH12.jpg

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH13.jpg

The strips of the first chapter are by far the wackiest. There's no real plot in this chapter, other then the formation of the Spawn City.

Shadow Lord
2011-06-27, 07:02 PM
I have to say, it's looking good. Might I reccomend a different font for the text in bubbles though? Perhaps a bit bolder. Also, the comic should be a wee bit... I think sharper? It looks kinda soft on some of the colors. Overall, though, it looks very good. Keep up the awesome work!

Maxios
2011-06-27, 07:16 PM
I have to say, it's looking good. Might I reccomend a different font for the text in bubbles though? Perhaps a bit bolder. Also, the comic should be a wee bit... I think sharper? It looks kinda soft on some of the colors. Overall, though, it looks very good. Keep up the awesome work!

1. I'll try out Comic Sans in the next strip for the text,
2. I'll try to make the colors sharped.
3. Thank you :smallcool:

Shadow Lord
2011-06-27, 07:38 PM
You're welcome, sah!

Maxios
2011-06-27, 07:46 PM
I've started working on Strip #4, which includes Grlump's first appearence.

fizzybobnewt
2011-06-27, 08:33 PM
Looking good so far. I probably don't need to say that the following criticism is meant to be constructive:
1. You've probably made the mouths different from OoTS on purpose, but I for one prefer that style. In this I think the flat lines make their faces seem vacant and emotionless and they seem to talk in a King Jovox yelling monotone.
2. The arms are held strangely, sort of cowboy-style.
3. They always look directly at the reader. This looks especially strange when running from a zombie, for instance. I would recommend moving the eyes to the side.
4. I'm really entering the realm of nitpicking on this one, it's not so important: The brain on the zombie is as big as the head; there would be no room for a skull or skin.
Keep in mind that if I started listing the stuff you're doing well we'd be here all day.

Lemonus
2011-06-27, 08:43 PM
I'd like to be in, if I still can be. Make me a insane villain if at all possible, please. I'd like to have a banjo that can drive the listener temporarily insane.

Maxios
2011-06-27, 08:44 PM
Looking good so far. I probably don't need to say that the following criticism is meant to be constructive:
1. You've probably made the mouths different from OoTS on purpose, but I for one prefer that style. In this I think the flat lines make their faces seem vacant and emotionless and they seem to talk in a King Jovox yelling monotone.
2. The arms are held strangely, sort of cowboy-style.
3. They always look directly at the reader. This looks especially strange when running from a zombie, for instance. I would recommend moving the eyes to the side.
4. I'm really entering the realm of nitpicking on this one, it's not so important: The brain on the zombie is as big as the head; there would be no room for a skull or skin.
Keep in mind that if I started listing the stuff you're doing well we'd be here all day.

1. I tried to make the mouths like OoTs as much as I could. The flat lines mean their mouths are shut and they're not talking.

2. I'll work on that.

3. I tried having their eyes to the side once, and it looks extremely weird.

4. You have to remember, this is set in a video-game. Therefore, all zombies must've been mutants or something while alive, and because of it, they have to have brains the size of paper plates :smalltongue:

Anyway, I'll work on the problems mentioned. Since the actual thread isn't up yet, I should just rename this the official thread O.o

Thormag
2011-06-27, 08:52 PM
So I'm guessing the permissions are over? :smallfrown:

Maxios
2011-06-27, 08:52 PM
So I'm guessing the permissions are over? :smallfrown:

Nope. I will always be taking permissions

Thormag
2011-06-27, 09:09 PM
Then I give you permission to appear in your comic, hopefully as a shapeshifter of some sorts that's a wild card (can be good, can be bad, can be ugly)

Maxios
2011-06-27, 09:42 PM
Issue 4: You wouldn't be related to Ogor Ogrebreath, would you?
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH14.jpg

Next issue:
The identity of the new player will be revealed!
The first battle on the server, ever! Will the ogre triumph over Blue Ghost and Crimson Angel? Or will the dynamic duo win the fight? Stay tuned, dear Playgrounders, for the exciting next issue!

Shadow Lord
2011-06-27, 09:56 PM
Much better. Tone down the font size, and this is just a nitpick but why is it that the color looks a little... I don't know, spotty? Anyhoo, it's almost perfect, and I'm liking it. Maybe it's just my computer, or maybe you can try amping up the resolution of the picture? I would use the OoTS resolution as a guideline, and try to get as near to theirs as possible.

Maxios
2011-06-27, 09:59 PM
Much better. Tone down the font size, and this is just a nitpick but why is it that the color looks a little... I don't know, spotty? Anyhoo, it's almost perfect, and I'm liking it. Maybe it's just my computer, or maybe you can try amping up the resolution of the picture? I would use the OoTS resolution as a guideline, and try to get as near to theirs as possible.
I'll try to fix these problems in the next strip.

Shadow Lord
2011-06-27, 10:09 PM
I would advise the unnecessarily tedious work of grabbing the background color and all the little blemishes that appear right next to different colors, paint over with the background color. This would require zooming into at least 350% or so. I would also advise you to use a different color for the POP, perhaps going with just normal black, because right now it's clashes with the background. I dunno though, you do what you think is best.

Actually, keep the color and just use Comic Sans, bolded. You'll be good with that.

Maxios
2011-06-27, 10:15 PM
I would advise the unnecessarily tedious work of grabbing the background color and all the little blemishes that appear right next to different colors, paint over with the background color. This would require zooming into at least 350% or so. I would also advise you to use a different color for the POP, perhaps going with just normal black, because right now it's clashes with the background. I dunno though, you do what you think is best.

Actually, keep the color and just use Comic Sans, bolded. You'll be good with that.

I think I'll go with Option 2 :smallwink:

Azuyomi244
2011-06-27, 11:02 PM
I really like what you have so far!
I just have a few nitpicks.
1st, the arms are a bit too long, and a bit gorrila-ey.
2nd, the legs look kind of awkward with both of them so straight. If you make one foot angled a bit and then curve the leg it looks a bit more action-ey. I have no idea if that made sense, but if you look at OOTS you can see what I mean.
Other than that it looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see more :smallbiggrin:

Maxios
2011-06-27, 11:05 PM
I don't think the mods are ever going to approve the official thread :smallsigh::smalltongue:

Issue 5: Unique panel format time!
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH15.jpg

^: I'll work on the problems mentioned

Qaera
2011-06-27, 11:07 PM
"Draw" your weapons? *raises eyebrows*

Maxios
2011-06-27, 11:08 PM
"Draw" your weapons? *raises eyebrows*

I didn't mean it literally, at least for now. As soon as your character appears, the phrase will be literal :smallwink:

Nibleswick
2011-06-28, 12:21 AM
This is looking pretty good. I'm impressed at how quickly you're building the pages.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-06-28, 04:40 AM
Ooh, I like it! I like the mouths, different to normal OotS style, but much easier to draw

Lemonus
2011-06-28, 07:34 AM
Do you have some sort of schedule of when people are appearing? I'd really like to know when I come in.

fizzybobnewt
2011-06-28, 09:54 AM
What I meant about the flat mouths was that I think you should make them as thick as the other lines and curve them up or down a little, depending on the mood of the character. Or, if the character is running from zombies, I would just use an open mouth. I was also going to say how I make OoTS looking mouths, (you're using Inkscape, I presume?) but Grlump likes yours, so never mind.

Anyway, I'm probably taking too much responsibility for your art.

CrimsonAngel
2011-06-28, 10:19 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/oots/g3601.png
It was harder for me to draw the first one.

Qaera
2011-06-28, 10:38 AM
But it looks more pixely, and I think that's what Maxios was going for.

CrimsonAngel
2011-06-28, 10:40 AM
He uses the same mouths in ABR. I'm just going to stop talking about it.

Qaera
2011-06-28, 10:50 AM
I mean, different strokes for different folks! Literally, though, so that's cool. So if that's his style, that's good, too. Maybe it's easier or more natural. I like both. :smallsmile: I don't know why I'm continuing this. :smallconfused: Stopping. :smallcool: too many smilies :o
I agree with fizzybobnewt about the closed mouth lines being a little too thin.

Maxios
2011-06-28, 12:20 PM
1. I have no schedule for appearences, Lemonus. But, you'll appear soon.
2. I'm using Inkscape.
3. I was indeed going for the pixely-look, because the setting is a videogame afterall.

I will post #6 soon, since the thread STILL isn't up.

Maxios
2011-06-28, 03:52 PM
Issue 6: What a drag (Alternate Title: It's time to start betting on who will win)http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH16.jpg

super dark33
2011-06-28, 04:38 PM
ogre will win, and server will restart anything.

CrimsonAngel
2011-06-28, 05:21 PM
ogre will win, and server will restart anything.

Your lack of faith in me is disturbing.

Maxios
2011-06-28, 05:24 PM
Your lack in faith in me is also disturbing. And I'm sure Grlump and ShadowLord both feel the exact same way :smallfurious::smallannoyed::smalltongue:

GrlumpTheElder
2011-06-28, 05:26 PM
Your lack in faith in me is also disturbing. And I'm sure Grlump and ShadowLord both feel the exact same way :smallfurious::smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Grlump agree with little man.

Maxios
2011-06-28, 05:39 PM
The thread STILL isn't up. And I posted it at 2:30 YESTERDAY :smallsigh:

CrimsonAngel
2011-06-28, 05:45 PM
I had to wait around 3 days once, darling. It won't pop up right away.

Maxios
2011-06-28, 06:10 PM
Every day, I'll upload two brand new Avatars, some original, some containing the characters in the comics, and some of other characters (like Dr. McNinja or Master Chief):

Zombie
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH0Avatar.jpg
Direct Link: http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH0Avatar.jpg

Roman Soldier
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH0Avatar4.jpg
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH0Avatar4.jpg

Angry guy in tropical shirt
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH0Avatar3.jpg
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/CH0Avatar3.jpg

fizzybobnewt
2011-06-28, 07:14 PM
...I take it you have a lot of time on your hands?

Maxios
2011-06-28, 07:31 PM
...I take it you have a lot of time on your hands?

Yes. A lot of a time. Time I will devote to Omnitopia: The Playground :smallcool:

zyborg
2011-06-28, 07:40 PM
This comic sucks so far. You know why? 'Cuz I'm not in it! :smallfurious::smallfrown::smallannoyed::smallsmil e::smalltongue:
But seriously. It's awesome so far. I can't wait to see how you guys beat the ogre. Fight, fight, fight, fight the inevitably-doomed ogre!

Maxios
2011-06-28, 08:10 PM
This comic sucks so far. You know why? 'Cuz I'm not in it! :smallfurious::smallfrown::smallannoyed::smallsmil e::smalltongue:
But seriously. It's awesome so far. I can't wait to see how you guys beat the ogre. Fight, fight, fight, fight the inevitably-doomed ogre!

Beating the ogre involves a massive, highly-complicated plan involving: dynamite, the Scout from TF2, Five tons of Mashed Potatos, and a Creeper :smalltongue:

fizzybobnewt
2011-06-28, 08:24 PM
Don't forget the wooden alpaca.

Lemonus
2011-06-28, 08:34 PM
Don't forget the wooden alpaca.

Or the Large Wooden Badger.

Shadow Lord
2011-06-28, 08:57 PM
Or the Large Wooden Badger.

Or the Pie.

Maxios
2011-06-28, 09:10 PM
The Main Thread is up :smallbiggrin:

fizzybobnewt
2011-06-28, 09:41 PM
No link? You know what that means! Treasure Hunt Time! Weeeeeeeee!

Maxios
2011-06-28, 09:47 PM
The link is in the OP :smallcool:

Gimliggamer
2011-06-28, 10:32 PM
I give my permission to appear. As this guy.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/Gimliggamer/Bard.png
Angel Bard

Maxios
2011-06-28, 11:02 PM
I give my permission to appear. As this guy.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/Gimliggamer/Bard.png
Angel Bard

Alright.

Also: Tomorrow, there will be two updates.

Morph Bark
2011-06-29, 04:36 AM
Just got into reading this. It's looking like a pretty nice start. :smallbiggrin:

Room for one more? If so, sign me up for Warblade/Psion, mix of the mental and the physical. Race... well I'll just let you pick one based on the first part of my name, should be obvious enough. :smallwink: Role preferably as a solo villain, eventually aiming for redemption.

- - -

On a sidenote, have you considered the implications of making this comic like it's an MMO? (At least that's what it is looking like, forgive me if I'm wrong.) Life and death come to have different meanings, even if you cannot come back after dying (they could be like "screw this game, I'm gonna fight that dragon and if I don't survive I'm just quitting"). Aside from that and resting/eating/drinking (for which a game can have mechanics, but most don't), it largely would go the same as a normal comic.

Just curious. :smallsmile:

Maxios
2011-06-29, 12:23 PM
Just got into reading this. It's looking like a pretty nice start. :smallbiggrin:

Room for one more? If so, sign me up for Warblade/Psion, mix of the mental and the physical. Race... well I'll just let you pick one based on the first part of my name, should be obvious enough. :smallwink: Role preferably as a solo villain, eventually aiming for redemption.

- - -

On a sidenote, have you considered the implications of making this comic like it's an MMO? (At least that's what it is looking like, forgive me if I'm wrong.) Life and death come to have different meanings, even if you cannot come back after dying (they could be like "screw this game, I'm gonna fight that dragon and if I don't survive I'm just quitting"). Aside from that and resting/eating/drinking (for which a game can have mechanics, but most don't), it largely would go the same as a normal comic.

Just curious. :smallsmile:

Okay. A mix of mental and physical would be the Spellblade class of the Shapeshifter race.

The comic is indeed set in an MMO. I've given immense thought over PC Death. When a player get's killed, there's a 5% chance he'll come back as a zombie and a 10% chance he'll come back as a ghost. Priests, if high enough level, can cast a spell to bring back PCs to life or change their condition from zombie or ghost to normal.
Certain spells in the Necromancy spell tree allow players to bring back other players to life...as a ghost or zombie. A certain upgrade allows the Mage to set it so unless the revived player does exactly as he wants, the Player will die once more.
Resting/Eating/Drinking are in fact in the game, in an optional hardcore mode. The Giantitp Server does not have Hardcore Mode activated. The setting of the game often comes into play. At one point, there will be an ENTIRE story arc revolving around the newest expansion pack unleashed: Invaders from the Second Dimension.

Shovah
2011-06-29, 12:59 PM
Interesting. Very interesting. I'm game ^^.

Permission granted. Looking forward to the next few updates.

I'll leave my characterization up to you - I'm sure you can piece something together from the server. :smallwink:

Maxios
2011-06-29, 01:03 PM
Since the only avatar I've ever seen you have on the minecraft server looked like a plant-man to me, your race will be Living-Plant and your class will be druid. Does that sound good?

conzom
2011-06-29, 01:08 PM
Include me Bro

same deal as sho, you come up with my character based off what you know about me.

Shovah
2011-06-29, 01:11 PM
Since the only avatar I've ever seen you have on the minecraft server looked like a plant-man to me, your race will be Living-Plant and your class will be druid. Does that sound good?

Sounds fine by me. Being a tree could be fun ^^.

Just.. not one of the standard hippy druids with peace and loving nature.
I'm seeing something a little more.. aggressive.

Fine by you?

Maxios
2011-06-29, 01:13 PM
Sounds fine by me. Being a tree could be fun ^^.

Just.. not one of the standard hippy druids with peace and loving nature.
I'm seeing something a little more.. aggressive.

Fine by you?

Fine by me.
Conzom, you'll appear as a Human Priest.

conzom
2011-06-29, 01:22 PM
Can I wear a big robe and be pervy?! =D

Maxios
2011-06-29, 01:25 PM
Can I wear a big robe and be pervy?! =D

Yup :smallcool:

Thormag
2011-06-29, 01:55 PM
Question: If a shapeshifter dies and becomes a ghost or a zombie, will their abilities remains (namely shapeshifting) or will they gain a new set of abilities?

Maxios
2011-06-29, 02:12 PM
Question: If a shapeshifter dies and becomes a ghost or a zombie, will their abilities remains (namely shapeshifting) or will they gain a new set of abilities?

Their abilities will NOT remain. Instead, they will gain new abilities (as does any other race if they become a ghost or zombie)

TheRinni
2011-06-29, 02:59 PM
Ooh! Oh! Me!! Me!!! Pick me!

Lol, I'd absolutely love to be a part of something so fun! Hrm... do you think I could be a zealous, ambitious, potentially-evil bard? I will use Fascinate, and Perform: Oratory, to convert the masses. >:]

Teutonic Knight
2011-06-29, 06:46 PM
Permission given. You make the character. A scrawny man from the East that was trained in the ways of the West to be a chivalrous knight. Fights with something unusual.

leakingpen
2011-06-29, 08:09 PM
I would heart being a living artifact npc thats a talking pen. (an ILLITERATE talking pen that can't read or write. I find that hilarious)

Zejety
2011-06-30, 05:11 AM
Permission given to use the whip-wielding civiliced half-orc bard (story teller) from my avatar.

Maxios
2011-06-30, 01:33 PM
I'll add you all to the permissions list in one moment. However, there's one slight problem. The permission thread is for characters going to be PCs. I will include the talking pen, but I'm sorry to say that you'll have to come up with another character, Leaking.

leakingpen
2011-06-30, 10:04 PM
ahh, makes sense. Sorry for not reading properly.

Maxios
2011-07-01, 04:28 PM
ahh, makes sense. Sorry for not reading properly.

It's alright.

Asthix
2011-07-02, 09:47 AM
Aww, I never got put on the list...

Also, are you going to have familiars in the comic? If so, will they be PCs or non?

GuyFawkes
2011-07-02, 12:01 PM
Ooh! I would like to be a part of this please! I hereby grant thee permission to make me into V of V for Vendetta clone that uses two pistols(instead of two blades, basically his class would be gunslinger)! I requested this for my avatar but no one has picked it up yet, maybe you can make it yourself? I'd really appreciate it, and if you would allow it I'd be using it as my avatar. All credits will be given of course. :smallbiggrin:

I also have a suggestion for his personality but feel free to ignore this.
For his personality, he'd be like a total ripoff, trying to fighting evil and being good at it. He also tries to imitate the way V speaks but he fails at this miserably. Also his race is a mystery, even he doesn't know himself since he has been wearing the Guy Fawkes mask as long as he can remember and hasn't tried to take it off ever. You could maybe use this as a running gag. :smallbiggrin:
Love what I've read so far! Good job man! Keep it up! Take everyone's suggestions into consideration without of course giving up your own style, and this would only get better and better.

Maxios
2011-07-02, 01:23 PM
To Ashtix: Don't worry, I'll add you and the others to the list in one moment.

Maxios
2011-07-02, 01:58 PM
Okay, I've added everyone who wanted to appear to the list :smallcool:

GuyFawkes
2011-07-02, 02:03 PM
Woot! Thanks! and if my eyes serve me well, I think you still missed Asthix. :smallbiggrin:

Asthix
2011-07-02, 02:22 PM
Oh cruel fate!

Thormag
2011-07-03, 10:00 PM
Maxios, I just had a name change so you might want to reflect that in your plans and posts.

Maquise
2011-07-03, 10:19 PM
I give permission to use me.

((Space Knight sounds cool.))

smuchmuch
2011-07-03, 10:44 PM
I notice I don't seem to have falled off the list too, somehow. Oh well.

Tychris1
2011-07-06, 10:37 PM
I give you permission to use me. Must be a Death Knight who uses a guitar to cast spells and wields a sword (It can be any sharp weapon from a meat cleaver to a katana) I have no idea how to describe my avatars race. Mansized Dracolich maybe?) Meh, I'll leave that up to you, but either way he should still have this: Prone to excruciating bursts of pain before turning into a real dracolich upon severe emotional/mental breakdowns.

Lither
2011-07-07, 12:52 AM
I give you permission to use me as an evil villain who can't quite grasp the fact that being an evil villain means being evil.

Welknair
2011-07-10, 11:14 AM
I give you permission to use me in the comic. I'd prefer if he were to act like I do. You know, rational, smart, occasionally funny and generally competent. My avatar is some sort of Ranger/Rogue/Dread Commando/Fighter-thingy. Mostly I stab things or shoot them and then they're dead.

Salbazier
2011-07-11, 04:41 PM
Whoa, this is fun. You sure you can handle this many Playgrounder appearing in the comic. I sure give you permission to use me (more like I request you to make me appear in the comic) :smallbiggrin: (just make it a spellcaster of sort)

Maxios
2011-07-13, 10:32 PM
List updated

Ramsus
2011-07-21, 08:09 PM
I give you permission to use me in the comic. Preferably as a Beguiler style spellcaster (so lots of enchantment and illusion spells but knows other stuff too).

Optional stuff: Often not really being where he's shown as speaking from and occasionally impersonating the Server. Will side with heroes, villains, or NPCs depending on what would be most amusing. Possibly all of them at once. Took a weird trait (from some special edition of the game perhaps) that causes beneficial items to act as if cursed for him and cursed items to act as beneficial.

ragingrage
2011-07-22, 10:29 PM
I give you permission to include me in the Comic, preferably as a Very Very Angry Person. Or thing. Whatever. Just make it Angrier then Angry, 'kay?

Eternis
2011-07-23, 07:20 PM
I give you permission to put me in this awesome webcomic.
It would be cool if I were a wisecracking magic item [(that begrudgingly acts as a deus ex machina) gotten too early due to a glitch] or something.
(Hint Hint Nudge Nudge)

Kaytara
2011-07-23, 10:01 PM
I give you permission to depict me as a mad and artistic scientist. :D

HalfDragonCube
2011-07-27, 08:14 PM
Can I be a half-dragon gelatinous cube?

(Preferably with a hat)

Thomas Duskwind
2011-08-05, 09:00 AM
I give you permission to make me a palidan

Omeganaut
2011-08-07, 08:48 PM
I give you permission to use my name. However, I'd rather not be evil like my avatar. I'd prefer someone in the crazy yet wise and powerful yet confusingly prophetic role, but I'd be glad to be anything from a magic artifact to a gnome to Cthulu's son.

Ralcos
2011-08-09, 12:06 PM
I give thee permission to make me into a kobold samurai. Make him the same as my avatar in the forums.
Just PM me if you need a personality.

Viera Champion
2011-08-09, 08:29 PM
MAXXXIIOOSSSSSSS!!! I give permission for you to use me as a crossdressing man.:smallbiggrin:
But I must be beautiful.:smallwink:

Parasyn
2011-08-14, 02:26 PM
O.o sounds fun. Permission granted to include me as a Pit fiend trapped in the body of a mortal occasionally able to fight of the curse for short periods of time, and always trying to end it.

Eternis
2011-08-17, 11:25 PM
Aww, just checked the list of permissions and I've been totally ignored. :smallfrown:

Maxios
2011-08-18, 01:48 PM
Updated the Almighty +4364 List of Macguffiness and Doom.

Lemonus
2011-08-18, 09:51 PM
I'm not on the list. Is there any reason for this?

Maxios
2011-08-19, 12:56 PM
You aren't? My bad, I must have not seen your post. I'll add you to the list in one moment, as soon as I finish the new strip :smallcool:

H Birchgrove
2011-08-31, 07:43 AM
I give permission to appear in this comic. :smallbiggrin:

You can give "me" any class you want as long as it doesn't rely on spell-casting alone (like a Ranger or Paladin) or isn't a spell-caster at all (Gunslinger, Thief, Fighter etc).

Moral alignment isn't a big issue, but "I" do want to be ruthless anti-hero, a jerk with a heart of gold, possibly a Heroic Sociopath or Guile Hero (the heroic version of the scheming Magnificent Bastard). He - or I - should have a soft spot for Good- and non-evil-aligned monsters, but not be a monster himself (otherwise it wouldn't have much impact, I think).

PS. The "H" in my user name stands for "Hammer". It's what Marcus means in Latin, if you wonder. :smallsmile:

The Mad Hatter
2011-09-04, 02:25 AM
I give permission for my dude to be used in your great comic! He is a swashbuckler bard named diego palentino his father was killed by one of the good guys and he seeks revenge! His favorite thing to say is"my name is diego palentino...you killed my father...prepare to die!"

Mira_Man
2011-09-11, 11:44 PM
I give you permission to use me in your comic thusly:

I must appear as a gender-ambigous elfin ranger with multiple personalities including, (but not limited to); a bellgerant bowman, a pacifistic dual-weilding swordsman, a priest of a CE war god, the nun of a LG deity, a nymphomanic singer, an eight-year-old girl, a ninety-nine year old man, an obessed libarian and an illeterate monk.

Assuming it is not to much trouble.

NOTE: None of the personalities are aware of each other, nor do they have different names, i.e. they all have the same name.
Enjoy.

Vince the Mage
2011-09-15, 04:02 PM
I give you permission to be in the comic... i guess
I would like to be some kid named Vincent... you can think the rest :smallsmile:

druid91
2011-09-26, 08:04 PM
I do hereby give you Maxios permission to use me in your comic.

So long as I am simultaniously, Helpful in some way, and more irritating to kill off permanantly than an infestation of roaches while being hit with horrible misfortune for laugh.

Cole10000
2011-09-30, 10:07 PM
I do hereby give you Maxios permission to use me in your comic.

Simply use Cole, instead of Cole10000

Perferrably as a Chaotic Evil Magic user, I would like to be fairly powerfull but not the BBEG, more so doing whatever seems the most fun at the time.

who lives by the quote

"There is good, there is Evil, and there is somewhere inbetween...

The main difference is Evil is much more fun."

Maxios
2011-10-05, 06:23 PM
I (finally) updated the original post.

ExtravagantEvil
2011-10-05, 06:34 PM
I give permission to be used in this comic :smallcool:.
I'm fine with anything. I just ask to be a villain, no matter how minor :smallamused:. You can do with him what you will, just that request and I'll be happy. :smallamused:.
Even if you don't I'm cool with being used in this, it sounds awesome :smallamused:

Maxios
2011-10-06, 11:35 AM
Updated the list

Smokin Red
2011-10-11, 09:42 AM
I give permission to use me in your comic.
I'd like to be a pacifistic hippie but I would be fine with nearly everything (but NO elf, half-elf, drow or the like - when I think about it, orc would be cool :smallbiggrin:)

super dark33
2011-10-11, 11:10 AM
I think you should stop takeing permissions, as it would be too many charecters.

Maxios
2011-10-11, 03:17 PM
To Smokin Red: I'll update the list in one sec.

To Superdark: There's no such thing as having too many characters. And plus, in the event I can't figure out how to include people in major roles, I can always have them as background characters.

Smokin Red
2011-10-13, 09:03 AM
To Smokin Red: I'll update the list in one sec.

You didn't :smallfrown:

Maxios
2011-10-13, 03:54 PM
Look again :smallwink:

Elemental
2011-11-03, 05:08 AM
Are you still accepting permissions?

If so, I give you my permission to use me as a minor character.
Preferably a dragon mage who collects postage stamps and invites people over for tea and to play boardgames.

ShadowySilence
2011-11-05, 02:16 AM
Hello, I just found this comic but I already think it is an amazing idea!

I give you, Maxios, permission to use me in your (awesome) comic! :smallsmile:

I must appear as a strange looking man, who appears seemingly out of nowhere to help people in their time of need. (not always actual danger, sometimes moral dilemmas as well and such) He helps both the heroes and villains, usually in strange ways.

He is also known to be a prankster and will often leave surprises (both funny and annoying) lying around, when he is in prank mode he wears a troll face mask.

Eternis
2011-11-22, 04:44 AM
Nice idea about the transformation!
....Am I the sword?
Edit: BTW, if you need a writer, I'd be happy to help!

Maxios
2011-11-22, 01:14 PM
Nice idea about the transformation!
....Am I the sword?
Edit: BTW, if you need a writer, I'd be happy to help!

1. Which transformation and what sword?
2. Good to know.
3. I'm going to update the permission list right now.

Mutant Sheep
2011-11-22, 10:37 PM
You have my permission to use me as like, literally anything you want. As long as I'm a bipedal sheep with four hands that talks about playing Virtual Goose. And has four hands. Or just a random background sheep that happens to have six legs.:smallbiggrin: (Nah, that's just a suggestion. I just cant sit here and NOT have given permission yet. xD)

Tyndmyr
2011-12-02, 12:58 PM
Permission to include me given.

I prefer to appear as a caster, and poking fun at my love of ridiculous optimization is encouraged. :smallsmile:

Maxios
2011-12-02, 01:18 PM
Updated the permission list.

Croverus
2011-12-05, 06:42 PM
I give you permission to include me in the webcomic as a force of chaos. Not good, not evil, just disruptive for everyone involved!

PsychoticPanda
2011-12-11, 06:33 PM
I give you my permission to make me a ninja. A chaotic ninja bear, if possible :smallbiggrin:. Thank you, that is all.

Sneaky Weasel
2011-12-14, 02:36 AM
I give you permission to include me in the comic. I would like to be someone who tries to hack, but only manages ridiculous thing(getting infinite feathers, or doing double damage against rats and no damage against anything else).

radhop
2011-12-14, 06:37 PM
I give you my permission since I would like to appear in the comic. I would like my character to be an angelic paladin more or less. Eventually making him look like my avatar. Then start a town (Since just having Spawncity seems a little boring.)

Luka
2011-12-14, 09:33 PM
I give you permision as I would like to appear too. Would like to be a 16 years old Party tank Crusader (or a Paladin that fits the neutral-good alignment if there's no crusader) that uses Leeroy Jenkins tactics (and yells "leeroy jenkins when rushing in) but goes through out of sheer defense. Also likes stomping undead like Isaac Clarke.

Thanatos 51-50
2011-12-17, 04:35 PM
Wait, where is this actual comic? I would very much like to peruse it.

Maxios
2011-12-17, 04:37 PM
Wait, where is this actual comic? I would very much like to peruse it.

Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204982). You'll have to read through the thread to find all the strips (except the first three, which are linked to in the OP).

Milo v3
2011-12-18, 09:22 AM
I give you permission to use me in the comic. If I appear can I be a genre savy kobold necromancer (Who looks like my avatar) who causes tropes to happen simply because he thinks that they all must happen. I would also like him to be axe-crazy towards gnomes (I don't care if he fails at killing them though).

Maxios
2011-12-18, 12:03 PM
I'll update the permission list tomorrow :smallcool:.

nhbdy
2011-12-20, 02:05 AM
Permission (request) to appear granted (pleaded). I want to be a blackguard (or deathknight type thingy as this has been thrown around by a few others, think anti-paladin, you know, knight with dark unholy magics) who is likely NE on the alignment grid, but thinks of himself as N, he just does whatever he sees as most practical at the time, which may or may not involve face heel turns (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FaceHeelTurn), mercenary work, or selling his sword arm/soul to the highest bidder.

I am fine with being a lieutenant to a villain, possibly even being a villain of my own eventually, but I do not want to be genre blind (unless blinded by greed, or over rationalizing something, like religion, or artifacts, or planar stuffs, etc...). Actually, humor rocks, do what is funny!

Dark Elf Bard
2011-12-20, 12:31 PM
I will give you permission to make me a satyr rogue who will probably fall in love with the first female character he sees. Being extremely handsome for a guy with goat legs, the female will probably fall for him as well. This satyr is nice to everybody, but especially to his girlfriend (if he gets one). He will not cheat on her, ever.(By the way, I love your work, Maxios.)

Maxios
2011-12-20, 12:52 PM

Also, I just counted the number of permissions: 66. Wow. When I first started out the comic I was thinking I'd probably get around 10 and a bunch of "I ban you from including me in this". :smallredface:

nhbdy
2011-12-20, 02:26 PM

Also, I just counted the number of permissions: 66. Wow. When I first started out the comic I was thinking I'd probably get around 10 and a bunch of "I ban you from including me in this". :smallredface:

too many for your plans?

Maxios
2011-12-20, 06:57 PM
too many for your plans?

Nope :smallamused:.

Howler Dagger
2011-12-20, 07:24 PM
If you don't have too many, I give you permission to either A) use me as a D12 king (like in the banner) or as any villain, preferably one who likes meteors.

Penguinator
2011-12-21, 06:11 PM
Permission granted. I'll be either a King who is obfuscating stupidity and is secretly a Chessmaster, and after some MacGuffin, or an apocalyptic priest.

Salbazier
2011-12-24, 05:05 AM
Nope :smallamused:.

Good to know, I was afraid I would not have chance to show up :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2011-12-25, 02:11 PM
Saw the banner, go crazy.

Cassie: Drow Pie/Fire mage.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/Castaras/CastarasAvvies/CastarasVamp1.png <- looks like that but without the fangs.

Do whatever with my character. :smalltongue:

golentan
2011-12-31, 02:20 AM
Permissions granted. Welcome aboard, captain.

Seriously, permission to make me the lovable rambling crazy person.

Hipho
2012-01-09, 10:36 AM
Permission to make me a lecherous old intelligent axe of either gender granted. That, or a cactus of the same idea.

Vesth
2012-01-09, 12:56 PM
Permission to make me a mage who secretly tries to do experiments on people (putting spell components to other's people's food, dissecting a sleeping person alive, etc) :smallbiggrin:

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-10, 05:01 PM
Hi! I'm giving you permission to put me in. Preferably as an intellectual though somewhat spacey elf mage, but I'm not too picky.

EDIT: Oh, and either female or frequently mistaken for it, please. :smallbiggrin:

Maxios
2012-01-11, 05:51 PM
Updated permission list.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-01-13, 07:33 PM
Can I change my request? I'm a secluded drow bard, chaotic good. I am also romantic. Basically,my previous request but as a drow who is a magical musician. I would really love it if you could change both my request and user name. Please.

SilverLeaf167
2012-01-16, 06:43 AM
Permission to make a human druid who rides an oversized housecat and likes burning things a little too much.

While you're at it, I really like your drawing style. If you have time, maybe make a picture of him I can use as an avatar? :smallredface:

Mike_the_Mystic
2012-01-16, 11:38 AM
I give you full permission to use my character. He is a monk with a deadpan snark streak a mile wide. And the aura follows him around, and he finds it rather annoying.

Beowulf DW
2012-01-16, 12:37 PM
If you have room for one more, I'd like to give you permission to use my character. I'd like to think that his player made him out of a desire to see what would happen if a red-haired viking got hit on the head and woke up thinking that he was a samurai...Infer what you will from such a thought process.:smallbiggrin:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-01-18, 04:24 PM
You have permission to make my me a barbarian/paladin of whatever death deity is available. Preferably a protagonist.

Maxios
2012-01-21, 01:27 PM

death pig
2012-01-21, 09:25 PM
Permission to make me Chaotic Good wight.

I love tihs comic

Beowulf DW
2012-01-22, 12:36 PM

Yay!:smallbiggrin:

Now I just have to read...through...Ohwowthat'salotofpages!

Eldan
2012-01-22, 07:09 PM
I'd like to appear in it too, should be fun. If possible, as a wizard-scientist responsible for the creation of some weird monster.

Riverdance
2012-01-23, 09:42 PM
Permission granted to depict me as a drunken irish pickpocket who is hopeless at pickpocketing and yet tries to anyway.

Chezmarine
2012-02-01, 07:04 PM
I grant permission to have me appear as disgruntled, gunslinging werewolf action hero. (Duke Nukem-esque)

Maxios
2012-02-15, 03:34 PM
(Finally) updated the list.

Cyborg Mage
2012-02-25, 03:34 AM
I give my permission to appear as an irritable, morally-ambiguous cyborg mage, generally trying to keep reality in working order-and probably beating the crap out of the odd arc villain in the meantime.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-02-27, 03:17 PM
I give permission to appear as the somewhat mental tank-like character who says helpful, albeit odd, things most of the time. And I want to be carrying a huge arse sword. Preferably, many jokes come from an excessively high HP pool.

As long as my OTP counterpart is wearing a beret and has the Union Flag being the colour scheme for the armour (Or clothes, or whatever), I am happy.

Desmond Tiny
2012-03-03, 12:18 AM
I give permission to use me as a villain that has very high mental stats but low physical ones, preferably with jokes made about my weakness physically. I would also like to always wear a black cloak that hides my race which will never be revealed. I would be a mage that almost exclusively uses time magic like time stop, celerity, and slow. I would pretend to be a good guy and, try slowly gain power for myself through schemes. Also please don't make me a very minor character.