PDA

View Full Version : what is the most flak inducing statement....

big teej
2011-06-30, 08:07 AM
what is the most flak inducing statement you've ever typed on these forums?

I think mine is

"I like 3.0 Psionics"

what's yours?

(preferably game related, so the mods don't come down on this one.)

I think my second one was
"I like critical fumbles"

actually I think my second one is
"I treat classes as in-game constructs"

followed by
"I like critical fumbles"

LaZodiac
2011-06-30, 08:18 AM
I like 4th Edition. And 4th Edition Essentials.

shadow_archmagi
2011-06-30, 08:22 AM
Most flak inducing statement?

They've got bombers!

Asta Kask
2011-06-30, 08:23 AM
Earth Day is a feel-good rite of sacrifice with no real benefits.

big teej
2011-06-30, 08:23 AM
Most flak inducing statement?

They've got bombers!

1 D6 PUN DAMAGE!!! :smallfurious:

:smallbiggrin:

Feytalist
2011-06-30, 08:27 AM
Woo boy.

"I don't like the tier system."

Also probably something related to non-optimization.

Valameer
2011-06-30, 09:15 AM
The one that got me into a big stupid debate with half the forum:

"Pointing out balance flaws in theoretical optimization isn't the same thing as having balance issues in actual play."

Oh, and pointing out that the 3.5 Dungeon Masters Guide encourages DMs to keep a leash on PrC's and adjucate rules as they need to maintain gameflow.

Yikes.

Dogmantra
2011-06-30, 09:29 AM
I don't like hate the Equaliser.

My rage is apparently legendary down in the Steam thread.

Serpentine
2011-06-30, 09:32 AM
"DMPCs aren't necessarily always bad", apparently :smallsigh:

The Glyphstone
2011-06-30, 09:44 AM
"Yes, I will be a moderator.":smallamused:

Siosilvar
2011-06-30, 09:45 AM

:smallamused: EDIT::smalleek:

Mine runs along the lines of "Everything is rule zero!" :belkar:

Castaras
2011-06-30, 09:50 AM
"So what exactly is so bad about monks?" or something. Pretty sure I said that with regards to 3.0. But then again, I roleplay rather than build a good character, so... :smalltongue:

Feytalist
2011-06-30, 09:51 AM
"DMPCs aren't necessarily always bad", apparently :smallsigh:

Heh, I like DMPCs. At least then someone in the group has an idea what's going on :smallwink:

Asta Kask
2011-06-30, 10:04 AM
Is this thread really a good idea? How long before someone says "Yes, but..." and a new flak attack is produced?

SDF
2011-06-30, 10:06 AM
I've mentioned how Nightwish, for being so technically on, has absolutely nothing good or creative going on for pretty much any of their songs.

Dogmantra
2011-06-30, 10:08 AM
Is this thread really a good idea? How long before someone says "Yes, but..." and a new flak attack is produced?

I am very very very slightly tempted to start an argument over this statement just for the delicious irony.

druid91
2011-06-30, 10:18 AM
See my signature.

Never challenge people's expectations of who the bad-guy is. They do not like it one bit.

EDIT: Well either that or the time where I said I liked the machines more than the humans in the matrix.

I mean come on! they blow away living people without a second thought. Neo levels a city block just to save trinity! And the most catastrophic thing to happen to the matrix (Smith) was caused by Neo's realizing he was the one.

golentan
2011-06-30, 10:35 AM
"Mechs will always be inferior to more conventional war vehicles at the same technology level."

hamishspence
2011-06-30, 10:36 AM
Me defending Roy's decision to attack Miko did end up with two threads-worth of counter-argument.

And criticizing V for either the attack on Kubota, or Familicide, could get some pretty fierce counters as well.

Skeppio
2011-06-30, 11:04 AM
Me defending Roy's decision to attack Miko did end up with two threads-worth of counter-argument.

And criticizing V for either the attack on Kubota, or Familicide, could get some pretty fierce counters as well.

Hoo boy, I remember the flak I got for suggesting that V's Familicide was unjustified, and that 'Always Chaotic Evil' isn't 100% literal (I even had an in-book citation and they still argued against it). :smallsigh:

Haruki-kun
2011-06-30, 12:11 PM

I see what you did there. :smalltongue:

Hmmm.... "Hey, how about we start a Good Organization to counter AMEN?"

druid91
2011-06-30, 12:16 PM
"Mechs will always be inferior to more conventional war vehicles at the same technology level."

Find me a tank that can fight in the subway tunnels without tearing up half the street to get there please.:smallamused:

Now actual anime mechs with feet probably wouldn't do too well either. But something like a knightmare frame seems designed for that. What with the grapple winch and the pair of wheels. Actually having hands would be so the pilot can actually do things without leaving the vehicle.

In my opinion mechs as a tool in warfare would add a new role, not replace a current role. Mechs would be for all these subway tunnels and places where we simply can't get other things to fit. Find an entry way set the mech up. Get the pilot in. and send him down the tunnel.

Also there is one way they will be superior to all conventional war vehicles. They can wear capes.:smalltongue:

DeadManSleeping
2011-06-30, 12:21 PM

Well, it's true. It just won't stop us from playing them anyway :smallbiggrin:

Right now the Exalted thread has somewhere around 2 pages solid of people highly disliking my thoughts on demons, though it seems to be winding down. I know it's not much, but it's the most I've been solely responsible for.

Moff Chumley
2011-06-30, 12:52 PM
I've mentioned how Nightwish, for being so technically on, has absolutely nothing good or creative going on for pretty much any of their songs.

And I've said something along the lines of "power metal, symphonic metal, and goth metal are all inferior to Sludge/Doom/Stoner/Drone metal..." although that didn't create flak so much as ensure everyone who posts in the metal thread thinks I'm a troll or an idiot. :smalltongue:

I see what you did there. :smalltongue:

Hmmm.... "Hey, how about we start a Good Organization to counter AMEN?"

What about "hey guys, what if we had another evil organization? I know it's been tried before, but I think it's time to try again." >.>

Asta Kask
2011-06-30, 01:03 PM
Find me a tank that can fight in the subway tunnels without tearing up half the street to get there please.:smallamused:

Show me a military that cares if the street is torn up.

LaZodiac
2011-06-30, 01:26 PM

Now actual anime mechs with feet probably wouldn't do too well either. But something like a knightmare frame seems designed for that. What with the grapple winch and the pair of wheels. Actually having hands would be so the pilot can actually do things without leaving the vehicle.

In my opinion mechs as a tool in warfare would add a new role, not replace a current role. Mechs would be for all these subway tunnels and places where we simply can't get other things to fit. Find an entry way set the mech up. Get the pilot in. and send him down the tunnel.

Also there is one way they will be superior to all conventional war vehicles. They can wear capes.:smalltongue:

Depends on if you are dealing with Real robos or Super robos. Real Robots are intended to be replacements of Infantry, essentialy. Super Robots are a whole nother level, though often regarded as WMDs.

druid91
2011-06-30, 04:34 PM

The ones who don't want an hour or so long chase getting turned into a days long construction project?

Lord Raziere
2011-06-30, 04:35 PM
"Haley is pure black-mana aligned"

"Pain is stronger than Orochimaru"

I still believe these to this day. big argument from both of them

druid91
2011-06-30, 04:37 PM
"Haley is pure black-mana aligned"

"Pain is stronger than Orochimaru"

I still believe these to this day. big argument from both of them

Considering Snake-boy is dead, I'd say that means that pain is indeed the stronger of the two.

DazedN'Confused
2011-06-30, 04:42 PM

Excellent point.

Hmm, most flak inducing comment would have to be "V is a (insert gender here)"
I believe we have multiple threads that have been closed and are working on another one that is up to 11 pages. I don't know why we must discuss it, but we can't seem to stay away despite threats from the Giant.

LaZodiac
2011-06-30, 04:43 PM
Considering Snake-boy is dead, I'd say that means that pain is indeed the stronger of the two.

She mean's Pain the character, who died by a verbal hug, essentialy. However, she is right.

Lord Raziere
2011-06-30, 04:46 PM

well my argument is that since Pain killed more people and did more damage than snake-boy, and that he killed Jiraiya while Orochimaru didn't even kill the Third Hokage....

but I think some said something about the Third Hokage different then....then it was something about the Third Hokage being the strongest alive or something....I don't really know how the discussion became "Third is stronger than Pain" which was where most of the flak came from...

besides, Orochi died from Sasuke curb-stomping him earlier. Naruto had to pull out all the stops for Pain, AFTER a couple of power ups. and even then, a single Pain fought the Kyuubi to Eight Tails.

anyways I don't want to flare up an argument about again ok?

Derjuin
2011-06-30, 04:48 PM
Hm, on this forum...

"Vriska isn't as terrible as everyone is making her out to be" or something along those lines.

And I still stand by that statement.

Elder Tsofu
2011-06-30, 04:53 PM
I think it was on the lines of:
Hitting kids for educational reasons are unnecessary and therefore bad.

Solaris
2011-06-30, 05:13 PM
Heh, I like DMPCs. At least then someone in the group has an idea what's going on :smallwink:

According to some theories, you don't actually exist. Or you're a bad DM who's just fooling himself.

Uh... pretty much every single one in North America, Oceania, and Europe? For a start? LOAC has something to say about proportionality, that is proportionate response. That's the Law of Armed Conflict, for those of us who haven't had to sit through some incredibly dull, dry lectures on the subject. Yeah. Every military that follows LOAC is going to seriously ask itself whether or not there's a genuine necessity to blow up that road or bridge.

No foolin', most modern militaries actually get deeply concerned if we start doing things like turning roadways into a series of craters (even if you really can't tell the craters from the potholes once they stop smoking, anyways). That's 'cause a lot of COIN is based on the idea that people with day jobs have other things to do than blow each other up, and roads are highly conducive to generating a functional economy. The only time we hit infrastructure is during the initial phases, when we're crippling the enemy (simultaneously, you'll have Rangers hitting airports while the Navy and Muh-reenz disable maritime assets). Most notably, we go after military targets, only hitting things like roads, bridges, power plants if they're of use to the enemy. After all, everything we break is something we gotta fix.

Just because we have destructive power doesn't mean we use it. Contrary to what you may think, there are some very intelligent people in the armed services who happen to know what they're doing. Yeah, sure, my battery deployed out there with the capability to systematically obliterate any village we cared to in under an hour. Minutes, really. The only thing that would have stopped us would have been the howitzers overheating. MLRS can do it at the push of a button, but then they gotta reload. The closest we came to any sort of structural destruction was driving our trucks through an abandoned village because the enemy was using it as a staging ground. We actually rebuilt a lot of roads and bridges that the enemy had destroyed because a functional infrastructure was useful to us and our objectives, not to them and their objectives.

Eldan
2011-06-30, 05:33 PM
A few I remember:

"Yes, Rule 0 is in effect. The DM makes the call in discussions."

"My group has a DMPC, and they like him."

"The Lady of Pain is a necessary and interesting character. No, her stats aren't "Everything: Infinity""

big teej
2011-06-30, 07:40 PM

I'm actually hoping people will just send a PM like I do everytime I wanna ask someone something and not derail this particular thread.

arguskos
2011-06-30, 07:45 PM
"Yes, Rule 0 is in effect. The DM makes the call in discussions."

"My group has a DMPC, and they like him."

"The Lady of Pain is a necessary and interesting character. No, her stats aren't "Everything: Infinity""
I have said, and been attacked, for all of these before.

My big one though is "I neither like nor use Tome of Battle." That one has gotten me into soooooo much trouble. :smallsigh:

Another bad one was "I don't care for OotS."

golentan
2011-06-30, 07:45 PM
I'm actually hoping people will just send a PM like I do everytime I wanna ask someone something and not derail this particular thread.

Personally, I'm just ignoring the tangent I evidently started, and urge everyone else to do the same. No matter how right or wrong they may be.

Thufir
2011-06-30, 08:10 PM
Mine runs along the lines of "Everything is rule zero!" :belkar:

Oh yeah, I think mine was something along those lines as well.

averagejoe
2011-06-30, 08:19 PM
The Mod They Call Me: A thread like this seems like an open invitation for posters to make trollish statements. I'd rather have it locked now than wait for someone to make an actual flak inducing statement.