PDA

View Full Version : New and lost...acronym assistance?

Andorax
2011-07-06, 10:36 AM
Would it be possible to get a stickied/locked post that provides a guide to all of the acronyms being thrown around in this particular forum? I'm fairly new around here, and have no idea what E6, E10, Peach, etc. are...and can't imagine that I'm the only one in this dilema.

Hyudra
2011-07-06, 10:51 AM
E6 - A homebrewed game mode where people stop leveling at 6, generally considered a sweet spot for game balance and flavor. Players still get experience at that point, but each X experience you get after 6 just gets you a feat. I think there's rules for gestalting after a certain point, but generally speaking, that's how things go. E10 is probably very similar, but I've never come across it.

PEACH - Stands for Please Evaluate and Critique Honestly, generally. A request that people take the critique seriously and give the class a thorough once-over.

DracoDei
2011-07-06, 12:12 PM
Actually, this already exists, unfortunately, it is linked from the "notable, formerly stickied" thread RP forum... should maybe be reproduced here. I dunno...
Anyway, here is a link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18512

Andorax
2011-07-06, 01:10 PM
Thank you both for the info...much appreciated.

I initially thought Peach was an extremely popular/lots of people involved alternate campaign system and setting that had taken on a life of its own. Honest critique...isn't that a given by posting here?

I suppose I could post things as PCASE (Please Compliment and Stroke Ego)...but I see those falling off the first page awfully quickly :smallbiggrin:

Veyr
2011-07-06, 03:11 PM
In theory, someone could post something saying "This is just for easy storage and reference for my players; I'm not interested in critique on it," or something, and then not include PEACH in the title.

DracoDei
2011-07-06, 03:32 PM
I suppose I could post things as PCASE (Please Compliment and Stroke Ego)...but I see those falling off the first page awfully quickly :smallbiggrin:
If I remember my lore (I THINK it was actually from the old version of the Wizard's of Coast site, which I have never been a member of), the acronym for that was P.O.P. (Please Only Praise)... I get the vague impression it was never used much.