PDA

View Full Version : Jakotsu

hivedragon
2011-07-12, 09:33 PM
How would this Inuyasha character's sword work? (3.5)

Cipher Stars
2011-07-13, 07:11 AM
You really need to fill in more content. I did the research myself, simply because I was bored. oh well.

Weapon|Cost|Damage|Critical|Range|Weight|Type
Snaked Sword|1,100g|1d10/2d4|19-20/x2|-/15ft|6lb|Slashing

The Snaked Sword is, in appearance and effect, a bastard sword. However for a nasty surprise the wielder can release its true potential; The blade becomes long, and whip like, becoming segments held together by fine mithril wires.

hivedragon
2011-07-13, 03:37 PM
I didn't fill in the details because I'd prefer this weapon be designed by someone that actally saw the show. Anyways. when retracted the jakotsutou looks like a falchion which is held in one hand. When unfolded to it's full length it can strikle targets up to about 30 feet away (just an estimate). At a closer range the Jakotsutou can initiate a grapple with someone and deal automatic slashing damage. I suspect the entire weapon is made of mythril or a similarily light metal.

This is an extremely difficulot weapon to weild. It should take several feats to unlock all of it's abilkities. First to weild an oversized blade. Possibly several feats to strike at a range. And one to grapple with it.

Togath
2011-07-13, 10:12 PM
Just going to point out; a medieval falchion was about the same size and shape as a machete, the giant curved sword in anime and DnD 3.0/3.5 is actually closer to a Dao, a Chinese sword, which was sometimes used 1 handed.
(so it doesn't seem any more farfetched to wield it 1 handed then it does to wield a bastard sword one handed., probably just having the character have to take; exotic weapon proficiency[Jakotsu/Snake sword]
would work, also ruling that they need a str of 13+, like the requirement for the bastard sword.),
edit; also it being made of mithral would make it easier to wield 1 handed as well.

Cipher Stars
2011-07-13, 11:43 PM
Weapon|Cost|Damage|Critical|Range|Weight|Type
Snaked Sword | 1,100g | 1d10/2d4 | 19-20/x2 | -/30ft | 6lb | Slashing

The Snaked Sword is, in appearance and effect, a bastard sword by default, Snaked Swords can be made in other varieties, such as falchion, great sword, or even non-blades, such as glaives. Despite form, it is always an Exotic weapon.
However for a nasty surprise the wielder can release its true potential; The blade becomes long, and whip like, becoming segments held together by fine adamantine wires, The blade itself being composed of mithril.
A snaked blade can be used to trip, or disarm and requires Dex 16 and Str 12 to wield properly.