PDA

View Full Version : SR4 HMHVV Homebrew Strain. Input?

Fenrazer
2011-07-15, 12:58 PM
I'm homebrewing a new strain of HMHVV and would like some opinions/help. Let me know what you think could be tweaked, and what I may be able to do for other meta types. Not Bigfoot though. While the Bandersnatch is a cool idea, I think that vampire bigfoot is about as lame as vampire baseball...

In a previous mission, we discovered that HMHVV has ancestry within a certain metaplane, and one of our party became infected with a strain that has not made it past the veil of astral space at this point. The character is almost certainly going to die as a result of the strain.

So far I have only thought of what it does to elves, and it turns them into a Revenant. Basically, their Essence, or Astral signature appears to have room, or be "empty". They are extremely open to possession and can possibly treat this as channeling, but the spirits become warped during their time within the Revenant vessel and usually go toxic.

Weaknesses
Revenants have a minor allergy to sunlight, a moderate allergy to ferrous metals and a severe allergy to silver and cold Iron. They typically retain their mental faculties, but can descend into madness if they do not expel a spirit once it becomes warped. Weapons of silver and cold iron bypass any immunity to normal weapons.

The Warping Process
Warping a spirit takes one hour per force, during which time an hourly opposed test between the Spirit and Revenants Body+Will. Whichever wins maintains control for the hour, or can end the possession/channeling should they decide to do so. Once the spirit becomes warped, it will typically stop trying to escape and instead tries to dominate the symbiotic relationship.

The Revenants Decent into Madness
For every hour spent as a vessel to a warped spirit, it deals one box of Damage of the appropriate type for the spirit to the vessel, each negating a single point of the vessels Charisma, Logic or Intuition. The full attributes are accessible to the spirit while the spirit uses them, but the vessel has access only to what has not been negated. Once those attributes have all been reduced to zero, the Revenant is functionally primal and cannot control the body any longer. For all purposes thereafter, the essence belongs to the spirit; it can no longer be banished and exists as a material being capable of acquiring cyber ware (provided it has coverings to protect from allergies) or what have you.

Movement: 10/25

Skills: Varies
Powers: Enhanced Senses (Hearing, Low-Light Vision, Smell), Fear, Immunity (Age) Infection.

Weaknesses: Allergy (Ferrous Metals, Moderate), Allergy (Cold Iron/Silver, Severe) Dietary Requirement (Metahuman Essence), Essence Loss, Vulnerability (Silver),
Vulnerability (Cold Iron)
Notes: Revenants Magical activity, or possibility thereof is deadened once the transformation has been finished.