PDA

View Full Version : Venting (bugs)

sparkyinbozo
2011-07-15, 02:11 PM
Hey all, I really need to vent for a minute here.

I just moved cross-country (or rather, am moving) from Montana to Springfield, OR. I found a place last week while staying with a friend in Salem that was close to my new job, reasonably priced, etc. I come down today with all of my stuff, sign the lease at the rental office, and go to my apartment to discover...

that it's infested. Within ten seconds, I was swarmed from foot to calf by them, and I'm thinking they weren't there last week; no way 3 people walking through would miss that. I think they're fleas (small, black bugs), but still not sure. /shudder

Thanks for letting me blow off some steam.

Eldonauran
2011-07-15, 02:58 PM
Hey there, neighbor! Welcome to Oregon! I'm about 15 minutes east of Salem, myself (Stayton).

I have experience with fleas (as I house some animals) and had a flea infestation once, but cleared it up before it got bad. You just need to 'bomb' the house (sometimes it takes twice, spaced apart) and make sure any animals get some flea drops to prevent reinfestation.

Fleas can seem to come out of nowhere. All it takes is about a week or two for them to go from 'none' to 'holy crap!'.

sparkyinbozo
2011-07-15, 03:15 PM
Howdy, Eldo. :)

Yeah, I know these things can happen, it's just frustrating. I've been dealing w/the management agency and it looks like I'm just going to take an apartment in a different complex. It turns out the agent I'm dealing with has been in my shoes, so she was pretty sympathetic.

Eldonauran
2011-07-15, 03:22 PM
Glad to hear they had another place open for you. It really is a pain when previous residents don't report these issues before they leave. :smallsigh:

Good to see another playgrounder so close by. I've had little luck finding a group around these parts. Only D&D action you can get is in Portland. :smallwink:

sparkyinbozo
2011-07-15, 03:34 PM
Oh no, don't say that! Hehehe. I hope to find some gamers here, though it's not any closer to you than Portland.

Eldonauran
2011-07-15, 04:42 PM
True, true. Salem gamers would make me a very happy Paladin. :smallsigh:

The price we pay for quality entertainment. Driving an hour each way is kind of depressing but well worth it if something goods comes out of it.