PDA

View Full Version : Entangled Comics

ClockShock
2011-07-18, 05:51 PM
So i guess i was a little torn between posting here and the webcomics section, but in the end what i'm looking for is feedback.

http://www.entangledcomics.com/image/site/logo2.png (http://www.entangledcomics.com/)

As advertised it's an experiment of sorts - an attempt to gain some experience with the comic creation process.
Any comments to be made about the website or the different comics are welcomed.

Ta

Domochevsky
2011-07-19, 02:36 AM
First impression: It takes too many clicks to get to a comic. That stuff needs to be reachable directly from the frontpage with one or two clicks tops.

Ninjaman
2011-07-19, 04:08 AM
I agree with domo. It should be like: front page with the three comics. Then click on one get first-archive-last.

As for the comic itself i like it. The stile is nice.

ClockShock
2011-07-20, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the feedback, i've made note of the comments (i have a list) and will look into quicker/easier navigation of the site.

External opinions prove to be pretty valuable at this stage.

shawnhcorey
2011-07-20, 05:56 PM
The latest comic needs to be on a page that can be bookmark. Each one extra click is too many.

Domochevsky
2011-07-20, 06:46 PM
The latest comic needs to be on a page that can be bookmark. Each one extra click is too many.

Related: The bookmark should be something easy, like /comic.php?=123, if your CMS allows for that. I see way too many websites that have their addresses broken up into type, category, year, month, day and comic title + random number, resulting in a giant chain in the address bar. Impossible to adjust your bookmark that way without having to essentially delete and retake it. :smallsigh:

shawnhcorey
2011-07-20, 08:14 PM
Related: The bookmark should be something easy, like /comic.php?=123, if your CMS allows for that. I see way too many websites that have their addresses broken up into type, category, year, month, day and comic title + random number, resulting in a giant chain in the address bar. Impossible to adjust your bookmark that way without having to essentially delete and retake it. :smallsigh:

I guess I was clear enough. The bookmark of the latest comic can not need an adjustment. It must always be the same. It's the latest comic that must change. People just want to go to the bookmark and pull up the latest without fiddling. Too many steps and they (except for the die-hards, of course) will replace yours with another comic. There's plenty of choice. :)

Ninjaman
2011-07-21, 03:45 AM

I saw the cl as a d. How inapropriate.

ClockShock
2011-07-21, 01:19 PM
Perhaps something which i feel has been missed (which, this being the case, is something i need to consider and readdress), is that there isn't a 'latest comic' as it were.

The comics hosted aren't the usual ongoing, upload one page at a time, strips. They're little bundles that get hosted when completed. Some might be added to later, others probably won't.
And of course the next 'bundle' uploaded might be strikingly different to the last.

So improving ease of navigation is something to dedicate time to, but it might not be as simple as creating a separate 'latest comic' page and building off of that.