PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Race- NEEDS A NAME-PEACH

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-19, 03:43 PM
My Concept: A rash race that is fast and charismatic yet physically weak with psionic ability to augment their speed.

The concept is a race that is:
Humanoid(Elf, Psionic)
-Weak: -2 Con
-Fast: +2 Dex, Base Land Speed:35ft(Should it be 40?)(40 seems just a bit too much)
-Rash: -2 Wis
-Strong force of personality: +2 Cha
-Precise: Additional +3 on attack rolls at the end of a charge;
+2 on attacks of opportunity; Combat Reflexes as a Bonus Feat.
Racial Bonus: +2 Jump& Balance checks.
-Psionic: Psi-like Ability: 1/5HD(min 1/day)/day-Skate
Favored Class: Wilder
Level Adj:+1?
Description: Acts rashly.

Physical Characteristics:
Looks much elves, yet more charismatic than the usual elf.

BillyBobJoe
2011-07-19, 03:48 PM
First of all, PEACH means Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Secondly, Precise is REALLY powerful. If you're making a Psionic race, just give it bonus power points. What is the race supposed to be, anyways?

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-19, 03:49 PM
Granting BAB regardless of class is worth at least a +2 LA and doesn't make sense given that full BAB is usually associated with physically powerful martial classes while stealthy but precise sneak attack classes get 3/4. But hey if you want to do something weird and different, great!

Psi-Like abilities: Like what? What kinds of abilities do you want it to have?

PEACH- Please Evaluate and Critique Honestly.

Dryad
2011-07-19, 04:14 PM
'Precise' is too powerful, and 'weak' and 'rash' are too restricting. Basically, the race seems to be built with a specific class in mind, and that class doesn't need strength, con or wisdom, but relies heavily on dex and cha, and has a 1/2 BaB.
To compensate for 'precise,' you've given the race penalties that are simply too strong on the one hand, causing not one, but two distinct balance issues. Two distinct balance issues do not balance out towards 0.

'Precise' should go. It completely nullifies the effects of heavy martial training (which fighters, barbarians, rangers and paladins get, but wizards and sorcerers do not). And a race is not automatically a warrior of great esteem. Even if most members of this race would be warriors, that doesn't make bookish members of this race warriors. Spending a lot of time in an office, and no time fighting, is a very good reason not to have a full BaB.

What you get here is a race that cannot be a druid or cleric, will not produce paladins or rangers, and will not produce fighters or barbarians. Rogues might pick it for the increased BaB, and bards might pick it for the full BaB and charisma bonus, but both are unlikely. The race will probably only be suitable for your specific class-race combination desires, which is something I would see as a problem, especially since it increases the power of the half BaB class (which I assume, for a full psion) by too large a margin.

Basically, what I think you were thinking is:
'Darn! I miss so often! What can I do to counter that? Oh; I know! I'll make sure my race grants full BaB, then I won't have to worry about that as much! I'll need to compensate, though, so I'll give severe penalties to all the stats I don't really need all that much.'

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-19, 04:21 PM
Basically, what I think you were thinking is:
'Darn! I miss so often! What can I do to counter that? Oh; I know! I'll make sure my race grants full BaB, then I won't have to worry about that as much! I'll need to compensate, though, so I'll give severe penalties to all the stats I don't really need all that much.'
Actually what I was thinking was, hmm...
I like that concept.
but i have translated it into D&D badly.

Dryad
2011-07-19, 04:35 PM
So.. What concept did you base this on?

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-19, 04:38 PM
My Concept: A rash race that is fast and charismatic yet physically weak with psionic ability to augment their speed.

Temotei
2011-07-19, 04:41 PM

There's a lot of things you can do with that. What does the race look like? Why is the race fast? Why is the race charismatic? Why is the race frail? Where does the race live?

Skate (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/skate.htm) would probably work pretty well for your speed boost.

Dryad
2011-07-19, 04:45 PM
A -2 wis penalty, and a -2 strength OR con penalty already make them physically weak as well as rash.
I don't see where the full BaB stems from.

DracoDei
2011-07-26, 01:01 AM
Apparently he took the Full-BAB thing out...