PDA

View Full Version : The Downed Ship IC

TrappedDoor
2011-07-22, 01:12 AM
A colossal groan of metal bending under pressure echoes through the darkened hall of the Solar Echo as it lays still. The hallways are darkened and the rooms are silent. Sparks of frayed electrical wires shoot white sparks at random bursts, the only source of illumination. The heat in the ship disperses quickly and very soon the cracked and broken metal monstrosity is cold to the touch. Almost dead.

-0-0-0-0-0-
Aux-Ash

You awaken with pain. Your right forearm lies crushed under your form and you suspect that it is broken. Your eyes open slowly as you groggily take in your surroundings.

You are crumpled on the face of a door at the bottom of a climbing shaft, long hexagonal passages that the Aojin use in place of hallways that allow them to make use their improved climbing ability. Metal runs dominate the walls to your sides and the passage is wide enough for two Aojin pass eachother if they were both climbing but lying flat on a door makes the space seem cramped.

Below you the door you have landed on is shut solid and shows no signs of operation, neither does the darkened operation panel next to it. Above you you see that the next door, roughly fifteen meters away is open, the next one is opening and closing causing a constant KRANK KRANK noise to echoe down the passage. Through this door however, a faded white light shines down the passage, providing a strobe-esque light for you.

Your right forearm is broken. You have large amounts or brusing.

Aux-Ash
2011-07-22, 01:42 PM
Groaning the young Aojin tried to move,but feeling the sharp shooting pains in the right forward arm but that plan on hold. Where was he? The access shaft? How did he end up in the access shaft?

He lay still for a moment, his entire body hurt. The arm most of all. Focus! Remember your training. They crashed, didn't they? The training didn't exactly cover crashes much. But it did cover bulkhead collapse. This couldn't be too different. Could it? No sense to smell of indecisiveness now... right. What was it again...

Ah right... step one. Go over your injuries, stop all bleedings. The aojin looked over his long body best he could, stirring as little as possible to avid unnecessary pain. He didn't bleed... as far as he could tell. The arm looked swollen and wrong... he reached out and touched it but gritted his teeth and hissed. It hurt! He wouldn't be able to move with it hanging loosely...

Using his middle arms to prop himself upwards he reached down and grabbed the hind-back part of the uniform, grabbed it firmly and started to pull off long scraps. Once having a few he took a few deep breaths and started binding his broken arm tightly to his chest. Hissing and letting out low shouts of pain as he did so. It hurt like the horrid mists of the gorges...

Once done he took a few moments to collect himself. Breathing deeply and lying feebly on the door. Where did this door lead again? Too dark to tell. He pulled himself up. Injuries taken care of. What was step number two?

Other injured. He looked around. None. Step three?

The intercom. Find the intercom. Identify your position and try to hail others.
He pulled himself up and started to climb through the turned over access shaft towards the closest doors, the open ones. Gritting his teeth with each "step". Making his way to the door and looking down to into the room. Trying to identify which one it is and if there's an working intercom.

TrappedDoor
2011-07-25, 10:52 PM
Aux-Ash
Slowly and agonizingly you climb up the shaft. Your awkward gait makes it a slow process but you move through the open door above where you awoke into the next comparment.

The shaft continues upwards but the door gone haywire blocks the way, at-least until it can be disarmed. Slightly above you on the wall you are grasping, is an acess panel. It's screen is crisscrossed with a spiderweb of fractures but appears to be operational.

The ship groans once more as metal bends and warps.

Across from you and slightly above you, across from the acess panel is a large blast door. One of its four segments is bent outwards. You might be able to fit through, if you weren't so wounded. The door is bloodstained. You can smell death eminating from the room.

Your right forearm is broken and you are heavily wounded.

Alegack
Your jaw is shattered and your head spins. Bracing yourself you push your torso upright. You're splayed over one of the chest high tables that dominate Aojin mess halls (Since sitting is an uncomfortable experience, the prefer to stand and eat). As you push back a spasm of pain erupts in your chest, apparently the jolt slammed your chest into the table and then the whiplash cracked your head on the surface.

Then the smell.

Coming to your senses you look around you. You are in a mess hall. you recall that there are only three on the ship and this appears to be engineers mess, at the lower right side of the ship's superstructure.

Spread around the room are a number of bodies. Prone Aojin lay in growing pools of their own grey blood. Six in all. The wall to your right is dominated by a small door, probably leading into the sleeping quarters. To your left you see the blast door that would lead into the acess passages. It is blown outwards slightly and you can hear movement in the passage.

You have a concussion, you have a number of broken ribs and you are wounded.

Aux-Ash
2011-07-26, 01:22 PM
Groaning, Aux-Ash heaved himself up to the access-panel, looking over it in an attempt to find the intercom. There was an intercom on every panel, wasn't there? In case you became stuck due to the depressurisation countermeasures.

He looked briefly towards the bent open blastdoor. Seems like he was luckier than some. Was it someone he knew? Well... of course it was. It wasn't as if you could spend time on a ship and not know virtually everyone in the crew, even if not well. That was perhaps the question. Was it someone he knew well?

Must've been some force to bend open a blastdoor like that though. They're intended to be rather sturdy after all. To be able to survive both bulkhead collapses and explosove decompression. Though... probably not designed for crashlandings.

He turned his attention back to the panel. Looking for the button and hoping dearly it still worked.

If the intercom is on the panel and still works:
"This is Fifth Spear Aux-Ash of Security. Please respond. Repeat. This is Fifth Spear Aux-Ash of Security. Please respond. Over. "

Erik Vale
2011-07-26, 08:09 PM
Spread around the room are a number of bodies. Prone Aojin lay in growing pools of their own grey blood. Six in all. The wall to your right is dominated by a small door, probably leading into the sleeping quarters. To your left you see the blast door that would lead into the acess passages. It is blown outwards slightly and you can hear movement in the passage.

The first sense that was restored was taste and pain. The taste of blood in his mouth, with pain slowly building, his brain comming back on.

"What, ahhhh."
'Why does it hurt to speak, myyy heead..... Implants ofline.. There was a crash.'

Slowly rising, he suddenly stopped as the lower ribs had the muscles around them bunch up. He coughed spitting blood.

'owwww. Injuries, Jaw, Headache... No, concusion, thats not, thats a better focus. Ribs' *He gingerly touches them* 'Damaged, Borken?.... Implants...'

He speaks a few short commands, slured and painful, thank god the implants also worked on jaw movement. Mental reading was too unreliable...

'Intercom, antenna, all intact. HUD, out of alignment, other systems..... They look online, ish.'

He slowly got up looking around, gingerly and painfully rising to his feet, thank god they weren't broken.

His sight went fuzzy and bright, and all his senses came on line. The smell, the sound..... Ouch, so loud... So intense...

He looked around. Why was his memory so fuzzy. Everyone was down, that ment that it was firs't impact before the medics or a crash landing, or sealed floating. Thiers no sirens, so the latter then, Lets chose the bast for now...

He didn't remember hearing sirens, medics or enginer calls, even an evac call. Something must of hit the ship here first, that ment much of the back may be damaged or inaccesable, same as some of the bottom, that ment a bunch of engineers were down. Lets hope it wasn't the right side of the ship.

Wait, he did brace, he remembered bracing. so they were either about to or he was knocked out the entire way.... Was he here when he landed, he couldn't remember.

The engineers, there all. Wait, one might be alive. No point cheacking sleeping quaters, it either went to the left or right of them, or compleate other side. So their either dead or in the same condition. The Access passages. The blast doors bent, so that might not open. Was that sound. Painfully he shouted, very painfully.

"Hey, In here! Live ones trapped in here!"

'It was true enough' he thought.
Moving to the one he thought was alive he stopped. He just didn't see that pool of blood, thats to big to be alive. He should still cheack. He was dead, no pulse, normally warmish dry skin cold. 'Why am I the only one.... No, snap out of that, Im alive, I can do something about it.'

Alegack slowly walks till he can poke his head around the slleping quaters corridor door, looking around.

TrappedDoor
2011-07-27, 09:56 AM
All throughout the ship the voice sparks from control panels and computer banks. Someplaces it is distorted, others completely indescipherable. But regardless, Aux-Ash's message is out.

As if in saddened response the ship groans.

Aux-Ash

The panel accepts emergency protocol and you know that your words have been broadcast into any part of the hip still attatched to this segment. You hear your words echo down from above, folowed by the KRANK of the passage door slamming shut once again a few meters above your head.

The panel is covered in a spiderweb of fractures and some keys are missing. Sparks occasionally fly as two stripped and cut wires arc to eachother. Peering at the screen you examine your options.

WARNING
HIGH PRIORITY DANGER ALERT
--------------------------------------
MASSIVE HULL FACTURE ON DECK1-3
LEAKING ATMOSPHERE.
--------------------------------------
WARNING BRIDGE COMMUNICATIONS DOWN.
ALL CREW REPORT TO ESCAPE CAPSULES
------------------------------------------------
CAPSULE BAY 1 LAUNCH COMPLETE.
------------------------------------------------
CAPSULE BAY 3 LAUNCH PATHWAY BLOCKED.
--------------------------------------------------
CONTACT WITH CAPSULE BAY 3 LOST.
--------------------------------------------------
UNKNOWN SOLAR ENTITIES GRAVITATIONAL PULL OVERPOWERING ENGINE THRUST.
----------------------------------------------
COMET TRAJECTORY LOST.
----------------------------------------------
UNKNOWN TARGET TRAJECTORY SCRAMBLED
-----------------------------------------------

Then it cuts out.

A voice shout out from the blast door behind you.
"Hey, In here! Live ones trapped in here!"
It sounds like Sub-Lieutenant Alegack. But he sounds hurt.

Alegack

The door blinks weakly with low power. With a press of the doors centre circular plate, it opens with a weak hiss. Far slower than you are used too. The hallway goes to your left and right about ten meters each way. There are five doors on the opposite wall from you the two down the far left end are open. At the far right end, a smal acess passage leads down.

You hear the broadcast and recognize it to be one of the recent recruits, Aux-Ash or something to that affect. Your head swims for a moment from the movement and noise but you pull yourself together.

Erik Vale
2011-07-27, 07:07 PM
The doors are open. We must have crashed into something safe.....

He hears Aux-Ash, both through the Door and from the speakers. Ment there would be no need to use his...

"Aux! Is that you !? This is Alegack Steel Knight rank (Sub Lieu)! We Have Casualties in Here, I have yet to check the Rest rooms. Ascces doors are open but the doors to here look rather damaged, they may need cutting."

He then speaks quitely.' Why did his jaw haave to be damaged?' Speaking to his implants.

"Uplink Ship (----. We need a ship name). Use visual Update, Plot Routes ----"

Alegack spews out a few routes which slowly appear on his hud, then fade to grey waiting to be called as neccessary. The ships uplink however, that seemed slow, or was that crashed.... 'Ohhh my head...'

Aux-Ash
2011-07-28, 01:58 PM
Aux-Ash had just finished the transmission when he heard Alegack call out, and moved closer to the door and tried to peer through the bent outwards blastdoors. Trying to see the officer in the room.

"Sir! Am I glad to hear another voice! Are you injured?"

He looked at the door again and figured that getting through in his current condition simply wasn't doable. He nodded when Alegack mentioned cutting.

"I seem to have lost my cutters somewhere. I don't even know how I ended up in the access shaft I woke up in. Though my bruises and my broken arm suggest I bounced there...

There was a malfunctioning door a couple of lengths back, opening and closing repeatedly. Maybe you could reach it from your side?"

Aux-Ash looked hopefully through the hole, and tried to remember how to get around the blastdoor. Looking at it's identification tag to help him remember in which part of the ship he was. It was part of the training after all... memorizing the layout. How else could one conduct neccessary rescue and defense operations effectively?

Erik Vale
2011-07-28, 09:47 PM
"Good to know Im not the only one happy to hear another voice. My injuries are minor. I need you to give me the door number, then i'll find out"

TrappedDoor
2011-08-01, 02:29 AM
Alegack and Aux-Ash

You realize you have a number of options here. Alegack is too large to fit through the gap in the blast door but Aux-Ash could fit through if he could grit through the pain (Roll with benefit for how hardy Aux is) or he could try to fit through my bending his back and limbs (Roll with benefit to how dextrous Aux is).

Aux

You also remember that through the blast door you awoke on is the main engineering bay for the ship and the ship's lower engine (and it's most powerful one at that). However the control pannel for this door is shattered on your side. If someone could get into the engineering bay they could open it up from that side.

Your right forearm is broken and you have large amounts of bruising.

Alegack

Now that you've been up and moving for a short while you feel you headache begin to subside. Apparently your body has decided that action is more important right now than informing you of your wounds.

This clear headedness has also jogged your memory. You know that the climbing passage you saw in the hallway leads down to the engineering bay, which might allow you to find a way into the main climbing passage Aux is in.

You still havent investigated the four dorms in the hallway though.

You have a number of broken ribs. You are wounded. You have a slight concussion.

Erik Vale
2011-08-02, 01:19 AM
Alegack: Engineer's Mess

"Aux. I have an Idea, I think that" *he mumbles a few notes into his Implant*
"Yes, There's a path to your position that shouldn't take long, If you stay there I will wait for you. It will also give me a opertunity to check the nearby rooms"

'Mayhap. Yes, Ill send a message there, If it's recieving'

Alegack sends a message to the bridge, Nearest Engineer's Ops Center/Ready Bay and the nearest medic's bay.

"This is Alegack, Tactics Officer Steel Knight Class. Is anybody there over?"

Aux-Ash
2011-08-04, 10:45 AM
Aux-Ash looked around himself briefly. And then turned his attention back to the hole through which Alegack's voice came through.

"Understood, sir. I'll stay here then."

Aux-Ash then turned his attention to the shattered console... perhaps it was possible to make it function again? Or at the worst case... he could scavange it for parts. Might be useful considering the condition of the ship.

Erik Vale
2011-08-04, 06:51 PM
"Thank you, I hope im to you soon."

Alegack follows his picked out path towards Aux Ash, Walking into and looking in rooms to spot suviving or injured crew, or anything of immediate use.

TrappedDoor
2011-08-06, 07:40 AM
Alegack

You head off through the mess, down the hallway and up to the passage way. It hurts when you bend down but you manage to climb down the passage slowly and surely.

When you arrive in the engineering bay, it is a mess. The huge room is roughly 50 meters long and 15 meters wide. The huge engine dominates the short side to your left, its reactor cold. Scattered all around the bay are crates, damaged machinery (Heavy lifters, welders ect) and bodies. There are about seven Aojin that you can see, all in various states of unconciousness. The opposite wall to you holds the airlocks for a batch of escape pods. From here you can tell that all but one have jettisoned. The short wall to your far right used to hold the huge screen that displayed the mechanical read outs for your entire ship, now it hangs shattered. covering much of the room in glass shards.

Your ladder has brought you down to the center of the left long side. There is a ladder further to your right which hopefully leads up to Aux.

Aux
Roll a d100+ 0-20 depending on Aux's electrical skill)

Ad'lan
Your eyes dart open. You are curled up against the wall of a large room-the engineering bay, if you recall. A large pile of crates has fallen across you and have partially buried you. As you begin to move you feel stings roll out across your body, glass has cut your form in many places and you are bleeding slightly. You remember working alongside the most fool hardy of the engineers as they tried to ensure that the reactor would not dislodge or-stars forbid- explode on impact. You helped them prepare the delicate instruments for landing as other crewmembers hurried for the escape pods around you.

Then blackness. You don't remember the crash.

You right yourself and check your body for wounds, aside from the cuts and bleeding mentioned earlier, your only other wound is a dislocated right shoulder (Probably what took the jolt that through against the bulkhead).

You are lacerated and bleeding. Your shoulder is dislocated.

Adlan
2011-08-06, 03:50 PM
Ad'lan
Breathing deeply through all sets of nostrils, the friar try's to calm his bio rhythems. The mediative exercise filled his senses with fear and pain and death, with the metallic tang of smashed ships machinery. A familiar smell to an old space hand like Ad'lan, but no less horrific.

The fresh cuts were paining him most, the dull ache of his dislocated shoulder second to the many sensitive glass cuts. With a grunt he ceased to inhale,'and dragging himself up, he tried to locate the nearest first aid station.

How far ahead can we write, should I stop there and wait for GM input, or can I use spoilers and do a [roll0] d100 roll and ask for whatever bonuses you think should apply to patching up my wounds.

Erik Vale
2011-08-06, 06:15 PM
Alegack walks into the room, speaking to himself, after repeated requests for the bridge, engineering and medical.
"So Radio isn't patching in or their busy..."
As he enters the room he looks around, moving to the nearest engineer. Alive, yes alive. ((Mental Dialoge)) 'Why is it now I can't contact the medics... Well theres the hatch and, An unejected escape pod. So not everything was surprise and its a abandon ship response. Though its not space im seeing so barring damage we've crashed landed. I should get Aux Ash before opening up and looking around an---. Hey! Did that box just move'

Alegack moves towards the pile of crates covering Ad'lan shouting to Aux.

"Aux, If you can hear me come down the Hatch, theres a room full of live ones here!"

Alegack slows as he moves towards the pile of crates and Ad'lan, seeing him rise Alegack slows to a stop. Trying to take as much infomation as he greets him, noticing his injuries.

"Greetings. Wow, slow down there. Im Alegack, Whats your name?"

Adlan
2011-08-07, 04:05 AM
Ad'lan
"Brother Steel Knight. Were I still a Ships first spear, I would have you memorizing the Coms and Information procedure for a week."
The bass rumble and the tone of dogged determination to endure whatever young officers he must told everyone of the ship that comming out from under the boxes Was the ships councillor,"friar Ad'lan"

Or it would have, were there more than the dead and the tactical officer to hear it.

'Assess, Stabilize, Secure, Triage, Treat'
The veteran quoted regulations like they were a scripture. In some Old navy slang it's acronym was quite rude.

'Sir, what's the ships Status? Are we engaged by the enemy? Before we can start getting help to the boys, we must ensure no more danger is imminent.

Erik Vale
2011-08-07, 04:31 AM
*Ale'Gack laughed, it was a hearty laugh, untill he cut it off.* 'That hurt'

"Well met. To answer your question I have no idea. Comm's seem to be down And I cant get a hold of anyone else upon them, no response from the Bridge, engineering sections or medic stations. Looking out the Pod Hatches shows little, but I dont think where in space any more, though I have no authority on that, I got knocked out cold when we were hit, the first time if there were many. Oh, I've also got a security officer on the other side of that hatch *motions to the hatch he was heading to* who should be comming in, if the hatch isn't stuck that is..."

Adlan
2011-08-07, 09:51 AM
Friar Ad'lan sagged into a more comfortable position of rest, folded on his hind legs and supporting his dislocated arm.

'We must have crashed sooner than expected' he felt he was stating the obvious but continued 'seems like we've lucked out and it was a habitable world'

'A knight a 5th spear and an old man... Well I'm yet to die.' he looked around. Not one of the fallen bodies showed any capability of helping. Too great were their injuries, and most showed crushed bodies and mangled limbs that meant without urgent help they would die.
'We had best get to your man sir, and then try and seemwhat shape we've landed in'.

TrappedDoor
2011-08-07, 06:01 PM
The Aojin in the Engineering Bay are unconsious and wounded, but no more than you are.

Erik Vale
2011-08-07, 06:16 PM
Well, Im glad atleast one of us knows what is going on. And I agree with you totally ((what makes you think what were dead)). Though you should restrain from using your arm, and let me try and open the hatch. *He looks to said hatch* It seems Aux either cant hear us or can't open it, time to go for a try.

*Alegack walks to hatch and tries to open it, without putting to much pressure on his chest. While he moves over he takes a quick peek into the unluanched escape pod*

TrappedDoor
2011-08-08, 09:18 AM
The small pannel next to the door hums in the low light. It is still active. Pressing his palm against the screen and flexing his fingers activates the door. It opens with a SHHHT and Alegack looks up to see Aux roughly twenty meters above him.

Erik Vale
2011-08-08, 07:07 PM
Alegack looks up at Aux. One hand on the ladder. "Just in t-. It looks like im the only one without an Arm injury."

*Alegack looks around the room*

"Ok, you come down if you can. First things first we should see if there are any medical supplies in the pod, and do what we can about our injuries, and that of our fellows."

*Alegack looks over to Adlan*

"Unless I bumped my head that hard, protocol states that we check ourselves, gather those nearby and regroup. So we should see what we can do for our own injuries and see if we can get any of these guys up, then head towards the bridge. Comm to there may be down, but Alarms and emergency signals may still be accessable."

Adlan
2011-08-09, 02:11 AM
'Yes Sir' the friar said, in a tone that was entirely meaning "well done" and the scent of confidence confirmed the backing of the friar, establishing the knights status in the emergency.

Straining to get to his feet, Ad'lan searched again for the first aid kit, while mentally doing the grizzly business of triage.

Trapped Door, you can roll on my behalf if it's faster that way.

TrappedDoor
2011-08-09, 08:00 AM
Ad'lan
You search amongst the wreckage and find only spare pieces of medical supplies; a stray pain-weakening tablet discarded from somones pocket or a broken first aid pack showered in glass. You do not manage to find anything you can use readily.

Alegack
Could you pick one action to do first? Just to make this smoother.

Aux-Ash
2011-08-09, 11:20 AM
Aux-Ash lifted the cover off the console carefully, struggling as only one arm was available for the job. Looking over the wiring and the chips he reached in and disconnected the power-cable. Then turned to see if there was anything he could do to restore, or at least scavange, the console.

Aux-Ash should have some training in consoles, but not much. Just a basic run through what is what and how to do simple repairs in order to be able to do things like open doors or restore communication.

Therefore I intend to roll a d100+5. Assuming that 5 is untrained and twenty is a full blown electrician.

[roll0]

As the door under him opened he looked down and saluted best he could to his officer. A bit backwards seeing his right hand was broken and in a sling and he was holding some wiring with the other, holding on to the grapples with his forward legs.

"Yes, sir!"

Following the order the Aojin began descending, one grapple at a time. Moving slowly and carefully down. Once down he proceeded to assist his superiors with searching for medical supplies and such, after saluting the friar.

If there's any search roll to be made, feel free to roll that one for me as well

TrappedDoor
2011-08-09, 06:17 PM
Aux-Ash
Your quick search returns little more than was already found by the friar. The glass from the technical screen simply covers the whole engineering bay, making it hard to search properly. You do manage to find a pair of healing bandages affectionately called Vita-Bandages by the crew for their ability to quickly close lacerations and for the cooling feeling they leave behind.

Erik Vale
2011-08-09, 08:32 PM
Im doing it in order to protocol, So I search the escape pod first for medical suplies, and do my best to help deal with injuries.

Alegack also searches the pod, but he also keeps his eyes out for armamets. After searching he will help the others deal with their injuries before his own.

Ill let you roll and decide mods. For the purpose of helping the Aux's and Alden's injuries bonuses would come from manditory first aid and a basic stint with medics. (He worked in a variety of areas to get a better Idea of what hes commanding as a tacticle officer)

TrappedDoor
2011-08-09, 09:19 PM
Alegack
Activating the contols to the escape pod you manage to get the doors to open slowly. Inside, a single white glows faintly giving the engineering bay a column of white faded light. Inside, the pod is untouched by the chaos. It's interior is roughly four meters wide by five meters long. Along each side are small alcoves to accomadate up to twelve prone Aojin. At the front of the pod is a pilot's console. The console hums contentedly, you know that these pods have their own power generators, explaining the light and console.

Searching around the pod Alegack presses down on one of the floor storage units. The pannel clicks open revealing two Standard Issue Coilrifles along with four fifteen dart magazines.

Jackpot.

As he leaves Alegack also retrieves a small first aid kit from the wall of the pod. Attempting to tend to his wounds first, he has poor luck. His still swims from his concussion and he does a fairly poor job.

Approaching one of the first injured crewmates Alegack finds his confidence shaken. The Aojin is bleeding from a large gash across her torso and the mutters to herself as she fades in and out of consciousness. Stalling for a second, Alegack decides it might be better if he holds back.

Erik Vale
2011-08-11, 06:23 PM
*Alegack Smiled* 'Jackpot!'

He used a painkiller to dull the pain that was his head and ribs, their wasn't really much he could do for his injuries. Lost teeth and jaw damage cant be helped with a first aid kit, and at most he could bandage his ribs, but there in the right place. No need to do that yet, unless heavy lifting came in order. The first aid kit was small.

Looking around the room, he saw one of the pod's people bleeding. And semi concious. About to start bandaging some of the more major wounds while talking to her his vision suddenly swam. 'I hope that was the right tablet, I really shouldn't be doing this alone'.

'But arms, mayhap I shouldn't, no, aslong as my vision doesn't go foggy when shooting.' *Alegack attached one of the guns to his lefthand side hip*

'Should get the others' "Alden! Aux! We have Survivers in this pod, and full basics kit!"

Adlan
2011-08-15, 04:55 AM
Frair Adlan paced over to the remaining escape pod. 'How could command have collapsed so to result in abandoning the wounded' he thought as he made his way through the injured shipmates strewn here and there. 'Must have been an Imminent threat of Shipdeath'. Shipdeath, the same connotations as sinking for a species whose own oceans were inaccessibly deep in the dense predator haunted vallies, the destruction of a ship necessetating it's immidiate evacuation.

'Ah, thank you Knight Alegack' he smiled, in wry humour as he accepted the officers first aid kit, and give him self a direct pain stem shot to the arm. 'If you could assist me with fixing this, we can begin to help our comrades.'

He couldn't pop his dislocated should in himself, and held it in position with his opposite forearm and mid arm, needing the strength of another to get it functioning again.

[roll0] for fixing his dislocated shoulder.

Erik Vale
2011-08-15, 07:13 PM
Alegack helps Alden pop his arm in, helping aim and providing the required force. (DM Roll if required)

Next he turns to Aux Ash. "Ok, now for your arm, also how god a shot are you with your left fore?"

TrappedDoor
2011-08-15, 07:54 PM
Ad'lan's arm is healed expertly, and he suffers no ill effects from his injury. Around you sparks of white energy from frayed cables cause glass shards to glitter as one of the Aojin from the far corners of the room near the reactor shambles to her feet.

"Is anyone there?" She calls in a feminine voice.

'Thats odd.' you think 'we're in plain sight.'

Erik Vale
2011-08-16, 08:30 PM
"Here, over here!"
'Wait, she cant, can, no, she cant see us!'
"Stay there."

Alegack makes his way towards the female Aojin.

Aux-Ash
2011-08-17, 10:57 AM
Aux-Ash carefully picked up the "Vitas" from the glasscovered floor with his left fore. Slow work, but considering all the shattered glass it probably wouldn't have gone much faster anyways. He then lifted his head as Alegack called and carefully moved over the floor to the pod.

"I found some "Vitas", sir. In case we need them."

Aux-Ash climbed into the pod and saw the woman lying and bleeding, taking one of the Vitas up and holding it up in front, as if offering it to his superiors to treat the woman with. Looking on a bit helplessly as his right fore lay useless in the sling. When Alegack turned to him he looked down on his arm briefly and then responded.

"I don't think there's much to do with this right now, sir. Can't move it, that's for sure. I think it's broken but we'd need the infirmary to confirm I believe...

As for my shotting with left fore... I can hit a target, sir. But don't expect any Hwaltra-level marksmanship*."

When the woman called out, Aux-Ash turned around briefly to see her. Before turning around as Alegack ordered him to stay put. He nodded and then turned his attention to the bleeding woman, trying to determine if applying the Vita-bandage would be of any use at all.

If Yes:
Aux-Ash tries to apply a Vita over the bleeding wound, in attempt to stop the bleeding.

If roll is required:
[roll0]

If No or After treating the woman:
The young Aojin turns his attention to the escape pod console. Trying to activate it (but not jettison the pod) and and access communications, the automatic message-log or, failing the other two, run a basic diagnostic.

* - Hwaltra, a legendary Aojin people of the ancient era on the homeworld. Said to be shots with no equals throughout the ages. Particularly popular in various fictous themes on the homeworld and have spawned the centuries old proverb: "To hit like a Hwaltra", meaning roughly: making a correct guess.

Erik Vale
2011-08-17, 07:46 PM
((Stay there was to the Woman but ok))

"Ok, well keep it for self defence, you two stay and help those in the pod, try and help these people, and if you can see if that computer can activate communications, I think I have a link but it would be best to see if theres no one responding or my link broken." *He taps his head as he says so. He then leaves, walking towards the woman*

"Hold there, I'm comming to you." *As he moves towards the woman he activates his analyzer, running rank program. Allowing him to tell by uniform her rank, what group (E.g. First Speer Engineer, Gold Knight Pilot)

"Can you see me now." *He says when he is close, while still moving towards*

TrappedDoor
2011-08-19, 09:24 AM
As Alegack approaches the Aojin he notices her wounds. A large gash across her forehead has opened and bleeds slowly. Her snout is also horribly fractured. Undoubtably the crash threw her down onto her front, responsible for her damage. The shock of awakening my be forestalling the pain.

She places her hand down on a box to steady herself.
"I can hear you. Just not see. What happened?" She mumbles as she pulls her free hand up to touch her face. She flinches at the touch but soon drags her fingers over wound, examining it by touch. She flinches momentarily due to flares of pain but otherwise remains steadfast.

As Alegack and any other Ajoin with him draw close she stands firm, arms behind her as a sign of readiness.

"6th Engineer's Spear Ikrama, reporting for duty at 25% effectivness." She barks. He smell shows fear masked with a heavy layer of pain and strength.

She appears to be hoping that she adressed someone of the right rank.

Alegack
Your readout based on what information could be pulled up off the wrecked computer system shows Ikrama to be a young Engineer showing some promise in her chosen field of metallurgy. This ship was her first assignment and this was her third interstellar journey. No incidents of sedition, a few minor accomplishments from training.

More information will recquire a roll to pull off the damaged computer system.

Aux-Ash
After handing the vitas to the stoic 6th Spear, Aux examined the escape pod console.
The escape pods have their own generators and so the electronic systems run well. The pod appears to have been corrupted somehow. It's software is often unresponsive and stilted. Be this due to an errant powersurge or fowl play, you know not.

What you can assess is:
-The door was locked 11 minutes after the evacuation alarms were sounded.
-The pod contains a full supply of fuel and rations for twelve Aojin stranded for ten days. Also the two weapons already found.
-The pod had not participated in the last evacuation drill.
-The front exterior of the pod is heavily warped, but not comprimised.
-Any external cameras have been destroyed.

A collosal groan echoes through the ship. The mighty beast lays dying.

Adlan
2011-08-19, 09:41 AM
Friar Adlan shifted hsi weight adjusting to his shoulder now being back in place. He passed over some of the painkiller that had helped him with his shoulder.

'Never mind what happened, we need to know where everyone is now? Have we had any luck with the Com's?'

Friar Ad'lan tries to recall if there's any Com's room or emergency com's equipment nearby that might reach Escape pods that lauched over 10 minutes to go. Bonus to any roll for knowing old soldiers tiops and tricks to boost power/range?

Erik Vale
2011-08-22, 05:58 PM
"At ease 6th Spear, at this point i think pomp can be relaxed a bit. I am Ale'Gack, Steel Knight Class. As to what happened your going to have to ask one of the others with me, I was one of the first out in my group. I'd like you to put a hand on me and follow, tell me what you can remember."

*He speakes this with well practiced confidence, however scent will reveal that his confidence is very much shaken but still there, with an underlying smell of concern. Reaching her he takes a quick look at her injuries, before placing her left limbs (Fore and Middle) onto his Right Shoulders. He starts moving towards the pod with her, steading her. He does this as to test her memory and physical coordination, as well as to know what happened to the ship.*

Aux-Ash
2011-08-29, 03:00 PM
Aux-Ash moved his fingers across the keys, trying to access the various communications but letting out an exasperated hiss and smelling of annoyance as the system foils him.

"Sir, this thing barely has an external contact. It's internal systems are valleygone* as well. There's fuel and food in it, but the systems says the fore of the shuttle is warped and all external visual sensors are offline. Probably destroyed.
Only other thing I can learn is that the doors were locked eleven minutes after evac was ordered.

Given that noone has answered my intercom hail yet and that we have no sensor-access remotely, I'm thinking we'd have to go to the central systems** to be able to properly assess the situation."

Aux-Ash looked up into the bulkheads above them as the massive metal construct groaned.

"... and by the sound of that bulkhead. We should probably move soon"

---

* - Valleygone. Alluding to: Gone down into the valleys. Which is to say: beyond hope.

** - Central systems. The bridge.

Erik Vale
2011-08-30, 07:14 PM
((Currently Assuming that Ikarma basically tells me Ad'lan's backstory))

"Well, I was out the first hit, surprised the second didn't wake me. Ok, we're almost there."

*Hears the ship groan*

"Ok, I think we may want to start moving on you to, And I totally agree with your evaluation for communications, My own hails have fallen deaf on the Bridge, Engineering bays and Medics Bays, so either my own comms broken or comms are down in general."

*Ale'Gack looks around the edge of the pod*

"Mmmm, Were not going to be able to carry these people out, I think we should move the people still unconcious out there into the Pod, There sturdy and should hold, or atleast provide cushioning in the case of a collapse."

Adlan
2011-08-31, 02:36 AM
Like every good First Spear, when a knight pondered aloud the right course of action, Friar Ad'lan immidietly took it like an order.
'Right you are sir!' he quickly awarded the area mentally triarging again. He was feeling a lot better with the pain killers functioning. 'Come on spear, gallop to it and we'll be squared away in no time'

Any roll requires for this?

Erik Vale
2011-08-31, 08:11 PM
"Thank you, Ok Ikara, Im going to set you down and grab some bandages, get about closing that wound."

Ale'Gack sets Ikara down on one of the seats near the front, and sets about clensing the wound and bandaging it.

((Letting DM Roll))

Having treated Ikara he quickly scans over the computer screen, before cheacking for any other injuries.