PDA

View Full Version : [NEXUS] OoC 22: ALL HAIL THE BUTT HAT!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Ashen Lilies
2011-07-29, 12:16 PM
WELCOME TO THE NEXUS!
Check your sanity at the door, please.

So, what is Nexus?
Well, the Nexus itself is like a rift, a single, brilliant point where all the universes in this strange thing we call 'reality' meet. Traveling to, from, and between any world or cosmology is theoretically possible here, and the Nexus itself seems to encourage this happening, often sucking beings and locations out of other universes at random, and dumping them on the world that lies at its center. It was not always like this, however. Once there were two worlds at the Nexus' heart, separate and distinct, though somewhat similar in ways. Similar enough that they slowly and eventually merged, so that only one remained. Here in this world the Nexus' influence reigns supreme, and as such the world has defied almost all attempts at classification. Here, knights of old may engage with Jedi knights. Gleaming spaceships land in Dark Age hamlets. Cowboys and samurai quest together to find holy sandwich boxes. And in the heavens above, Xi Wangmu and the Flying Spaghetti Monster meet every Woden's Day to play bowls with Pelor (it gets pretty epic). Here the possibilities are endless, and the universe without rules (except the Forum Rules, and the general FFRP rules, and the Individual Thread Rules, and oh whatever). Welcome to Nexus. Fun is had here.

Major Locales

For an endless world that defies all logic and classification, Nexus can be pretty darn consistent at times. As such, several locations have survived the test of time, remaining (somewhat) constant amidst the chaos of the rest of the world.

Inside - Inside mostly resembles a modern city, with high-rise buildings and apartments, alleyways and roads, though the odd Demonic Monument can still be seen rising up above the surrounding suburb, teeming with dark cultists. Inside is under the general rule of the Remnant, the remains of the once powerful Acronymian Empire, but is also headed by a Council consisting of representatives from the major ACRONYMS, as well as Magtok and Zee.

Outside - If you ain't Inside, you're OUTSIDE! :smallamused: Simple as that. Outside is a meta-thread for all those wildernessy type areas that don't merit their own threads, be it wood or lake or tiny shack.

ACRONYMS - Home to adventurers, these complexes provide headquarters and occasionally living space for like-minded Player Characters. Invariably equipped with cheesy names, these structures provide a place for their various members to fight crime, cause chaos, or anything of the sort. Current Acronyms include:

AMEN - Association for the Malicious, Evil and Nefarious. Evil aligned organization, exists to be EVIL! And sometimes Ebil.
HALO - Heroic, Anti-evil and Lawbreaking Organization. Non-Evil aligned organization, exists to smite wrong-doers.
GLoG - Good League of Good. Good aligned organization, exists to redeem evil-doers.
LANTERN - Lawful Awesome Not-Neutral Truthful Anti-Evil Respectable Nothing Else. Good-Aligned group dedicated to fighting evil and crime of any sort.
NO - Neutralist Oganization. Neutral aligned organization, exists to perform mercenary contracts for other organizations and individuals in the Nexus without taking sides
WATCHTOWER - You Know What? Screw It. Non-aligned aligned organization. Exists to destroy threats to Nexus, whatever form they may take.
PACK - Perfectly Acceptable College for Kids. The local Nexus school. Class mostly occurs offscreen, though...
Aurora - Not really an ACRONYM, but the brainchild of several disgruntled LANTERN members, an organization dedicated to the betterment of the Nexus in general.

The Taverns
What kind of vaguely DnD-esque adventurer would you be if you didn't visit one of these places at least once? The various Taverns, Grills, Hotels, Cantinas and Restaurant provide meeting places for the Player Characters, areas for quest givers to stand mysteriously in, and also places for people to eat and spend the money they seem to have infinite amounts of. Though there are a vast number of such places in Nexus, some with their own thread and some without, throughout history three major hubs have existed, without which Nexus as we know it wouldn't exist. The Dancing Fox Inn, which is located in What used to be Town but is now another part of the Inside. Taverna Generica, which is located near Inside's more NPC inhabited areas. Finally, there is Trog's Tavern, which is located, maddeningly enough, at every corner of the Nexus at the same time. There is also the Black Dragon's Den, it's located roughly between the docks and the slums of Inside, and is the local hive of scum and villainy.

General Nexus FAQs:

Is there a guide to getting started?
Besides this post, which you're currently reading, you should also read post 3 of the stickied FFRP Central thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9241295&postcount=3). Once you've read both, you can ask any questions you ask in the current Nexus OOC thread. If you have no questions, post in the Nexus OOC anyway to introduce yourself. And welcome. :smallsmile:

What kind of character can I make?
Any. There are no restrictions on genre, alignment, world of origin, etc.

Will my power work the way it does in the source setting?
Almost certainly not. In your setting, you may have been the Mighty Zorlox, whose power to control the world's socks was absolute, but in the Nexus, you may run across Madam Bo Peep, who controls the world's wool.

If my power goes against your power, who wins?
In combat or any type of adversarial situation, the defender has the final say. So if Zorlox tries to turn Bo Peep's wool socks purple, Peep's player gets to decide if her wool power prevails. But if Bo Peep tries to have a pair of wool socks strangle Zorlox, then his player gets to decide if his sock power wins.

Oh no! Someone's already using my character concept!
In the Nexus, all cosmologies are true. Just because someone is playing the incarnation of Death doesn't mean you can't as well. You are very unlikely to come up with a character concept that is wholly unique while remaining playable; there is nothing new under the sun, and so on.

Sometimes you'll say 'I just came up with a great character idea - they have x race and y abilities and z backstory and I'll call her Linda' and someone will say 'You mean like my character Lynda over there that I introduced last week?' No one really knows why these sort of coincidences occur, but the Nexus seems especially prone to them. When they do, the best thing to do is to fiddle with your character concept a bit to set them apart.

Where should I start? Long answer, you can start in any thread that isn't a private thread or a plot t
hread. Short answer, Trog's. Just start at Trog's.

Do I need to get pre-approval for my character, or fill in a registry form before I start?
Nope. You can if you like, but it's not required. And sometimes it's better to get a feel for your character first, before deciding all the details about them.

What if I disagree with another player about how the scene should go?
Talk to them, either by PM or in the OOC thread. If you've gotten angry, wait until you cool down to post. Ask non-involved players to act as mediators if needed. If it gets to the point where neither player is having fun, it's probably best to just agree on a way to quickly conclude the encounter and move on.

But I'm really mad! *ragequits and deletes all posts*
Well, first off, that's not a question, that's an declaration, Mr. Smartypants. Secondly, no one can really stop you, but it's not very courteous and makes problems for other players. Retconning out a scene can be done, but that's not the right way to do it.

So what's the best way to handle a retcon, then?
Talk to all of the players involved in the scene and make sure they're okay with it. Remember, they all put their time and effort into roleplaying with you. Once everyone involved has agreed how the retcon will go, post a summary of the retconned changes in the thread involved and in the OOC thread so that other players will be aware.

I think I should win this fight! But the other person thinks they should win too! Should I make up a new power for my PC to win?

No. Never do this.

If you're planning on having a fight with another player's PC it's sometimes a good idea to work out ahead of time how the conflict is going to end. Especially if both sides go into it wanting to win. Because when that's the case things often spiral out of control and people get mad.

We aren't here to get mad, we're here to have fun.

So instead of getting mad save yourself some trouble and shoot a few PMs back and forth first.

Your first character (copied from FFRP Central)
So, you're ready to make your first character. One of the hardest things to get used to in ffrp is that you don't start out in an adventuring party, and there's no DM to push characters together. You'll have to actually find people to interact with on your own. Here are some tips (not requirements!) for making that easier on your first character:

Don't be the quiet person in the shadowy corner. If you roleplay as someone who is outgoing and talkative, you'll find it easier to make IC friends. Someone who is curious or greedy will be more open to plot hooks and adventure opportunities. But if you roleplay someone who is shy or quiet or wary of other people, you're likely to be left alone.
Don't be openly evil. If you walk into the tavern and start murdering npcs, you are unlikely to make a lot of friends and very likely to get jumped on by a bunch of PCs who were looking for a fight.
Consider starting low-powered. It's tempting in a freeform system with no scores or points to decide that your character is the best at everything, but where will they go from there? They can always gain powers or magic items or skills as they go on.
Don't be too needy. Remember in ffrp, you are not THE hero of the story. You are A hero, and there are many stories. The characters you meet at first are likely to be involved in their own affairs. Some players start by having their character immediately in need of rescue, healing, training, attention, etc. This can work well, but make sure you have a plan B in case there is no one willing to drop everything to devote themselves to being your rescuer! Can your character make it if they receive only a minimal amount of help, or none at all?
Don't be too self-sufficient. Remember in ffrp, you are not THE hero of the story. You are A hero, and there are many stories. If you are a combat powerhouse and a healer and a master of obscure lore and a spellcaster, people are likely to get weary of their characters taking a back seat to yours and decide you can do just fine without them.
Be aware of deadtimes and real life. Sometimes, not many people are online and active. Sometimes the people who are may only have a limited time to play and want to use it to progress their favorite storyline instead of meeting new people. Try to be patient and remember that it won't be long before you'll be the one wrapped up in your own favorite storylines. Talk to people in the ooc thread while you wait for your character to get 'stuck in'.
Have fun! Remember this is a game, and if it isn't fun, you aren't doing it right. :smallsmile:

Note: This is the OOC thread. Not a roleplaying thread. That's what the actual roleplaying threads and SMBG are for. :smallwink:

Nexus Character Directory (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8624672#post8624672)
Nexus Digest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98423)

And while you're here, why not join us on Formspring? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10391725&postcount=380)

Reinholdt
2011-07-29, 12:18 PM
Yeah it was Kal who got the phoenix feather cavalier hat we were talking about earlier. That got blown up. Such a tragedy. T_T

Now he wants to replace it with a cavalier hat with a feather belonging to a FALLEN ANGEL instead. Because why have ordinary fire on your head when you can have HELLFIRE instead, amirite? =D

Of course, he missed his chance when he was in Hell for three weeks, so he has to find an alternate way now...

He clearly needs to make an angel fall.
Haruki likes peering into the abyss. Give him a nudge!
>> :smalltongue:

Morty
2011-07-29, 12:21 PM
You know, I just noticed a small thing that should perhaps be changed in the OP of this thread... namely, the part about Inside being the seat of the Acronymian Empire.

Mindfreak
2011-07-29, 12:25 PM
*Pokes Quinsar to Serious Plots*

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-29, 12:26 PM
I learned something last night. As wonderful as being able to get internet anywhere is, satellite is rather slow and becomes useless the moment it gets stormy.

Ashen Lilies
2011-07-29, 12:27 PM
"But, if he fell into the Abyss, wouldn't that make him a demon? I can't go around wearing a DEMON on my hat!!! D=
*psssst* Not that Abyss, Kal.
"Oh."
Also, I bet you could TOTALLY wear a demon on your hat, as long as it was a DEAD demon. You know, battle trophy and all that.
"Yeah, but they're UGLY! I don't want to have an UGLY hat!"
Point.

@Morty: Fixed? I think? I'm not sure how accurate my description is.

Mina Kobold
2011-07-29, 01:01 PM
Oh right, the fight. Well, there's not much for Sophie to do at this point... but I posted anyway.

Friend just spoke to her, so she could do something about that!

Also, is the Cthulhu-plot still going? And the ninja school?

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-29, 01:02 PM
There was a Cthulhu plot? Riley would have been perfect for that!

Morty
2011-07-29, 01:04 PM
@Morty: Fixed? I think? I'm not sure how accurate my description is.

Looks pretty accurate to me.

Friend just spoke to her, so she could do something about that!

That he did. I didn't notice it, sorry.

Gullara
2011-07-29, 01:23 PM
Aww. Kirk is dead.
Our band just fell apart... and it hadn't even started yet!

Clearly the band should lie outside of every form of continuity and reasonableness possible. And perform for children's birthday parties.

Kirk should have stuck with Ilpholin. She'd have at least kept him alive for future curtains. :smalltongue:

*counts on fingers* And that's the... forth time? I think. Geez, Kirk is gonna get as bad as Rot. :smalleek::smalltongue:

And I'm sure Ilpholin's slaviness is looking pretty good right about now. >.>

Haruki-kun
2011-07-29, 01:37 PM
He clearly needs to make an angel fall.
Haruki likes peering into the abyss. Give him a nudge!
>> :smalltongue:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/Vaarsuvius89/inconceivable-1.jpg

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 01:39 PM
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 01:42 PM
Toby is in the medical labs, teaching some backwater NPC village healers how proper hygiene and frequent washings can prevent education.

Good for Toby! The eradication of education can't come soon enough, since it means more rp time for all the students in ffrp. :smallbiggrin:

*goes to wash hands vigorously*

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-29, 01:43 PM
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

My name is Darth Montoya, I am your father, prepare to die!

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 01:47 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*falls out of twelth story window*

Mindfreak
2011-07-29, 02:02 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*falls out of twelth story window*

>.>
<.<
*Pokes to AMEN*

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-29, 02:04 PM
I can't decide which of my characters should participate in one of the many DOOM plots if the chance pops up...

FireFox
2011-07-29, 02:38 PM
Good for Toby! The eradication of education can't come soon enough, since it means more rp time for all the students in ffrp. :smallbiggrin:

*goes to wash hands vigorously*

... What. Did I really type that? I must be tired. Infection. I meant infection. :smallsigh:

BladeofOblivion
2011-07-29, 03:29 PM
*Pokes TE to CARP Station Plot*

Rebonack
2011-07-29, 04:22 PM
I guess you could call it a Cthulhu plawt.

That Day is coming.

The Stars Are nearly Right.

Star-spawn and repulsive hybrid things will be appearing around the Nexus.

And Zee is giving out lil' quests to help stop it.

Just make sure you follow her instructions to the letter. Otherwise unspeakable things will happen to your PC.

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-29, 04:24 PM
I guess you could call it a Cthulhu plawt.

That Day is coming.

The Stars Are nearly Right.

Star-spawn and repulsive hybrid things will be appearing around the Nexus.

And Zee is giving out lil' quests to help stop it.

Just make sure you follow her instructions to the letter. Otherwise unspeakable things will happen to your PC.

Sounds sexeh.

Also, Cthulhu plawt sounds perfect for Riley, Sigwhite, the three steampunk 'heroes', or...poop, I just forgot the fourth one's name. Eh, I'll remember later.

Lost_Deep
2011-07-29, 04:30 PM
Is there any objections to me dumping a pair of alien scientists into this chaos? There are some things I want to try.

Rebonack
2011-07-29, 04:32 PM
I don't see why not!

=D

Just keep in mind that I have lotsa places to post, so responses may come slowly.

Mina Kobold
2011-07-29, 04:39 PM
Aww man, turns out my grandma's birthday is tomorrow and I might not be home until Sunday.

Will the stars still be right then? Or will they have started the bus without me?

I'm thinking about throwing Nach'tt or Lucy at it, a Mechanikobold riding a magical Wolfhound or a Silent Hill based nurse. Which to choose, which to choose.

EDIT: Not that I don't like birthdays, they're neaty-neat! but this has stars in it! And insaity! O_O

Morty
2011-07-29, 04:47 PM
*Pokes TE to WATCHTOWER*

Lost_Deep
2011-07-29, 05:34 PM
Now that you mention it... *Pokes TE to GLoG*

The Bushranger
2011-07-29, 05:59 PM
We interrupt this OoC thread for an important public service announcement!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3264/3146061932_206a321f15_o.jpg

Also, Quinn thinks that Toby's hat is the Best Ever. :smallsmile:

Devixer
2011-07-29, 06:00 PM
Wait, what about a hoard of hordes?

Lost_Deep
2011-07-29, 06:09 PM
1,200 Gold golems: hoard horde

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 06:11 PM
I could see that. A hoard of armies, all turned to stone and hidden somewhere or other, waiting for a true hero to show up and be heroic and.... Stuff.

Beans
2011-07-29, 06:12 PM
I could see that. A hoard of armies, all turned to stone and hidden somewhere or other, waiting for a true hero to show up and be heroic and.... Stuff.
Terra-cotta army. Chinese Empire style, baby! :smallcool:

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 06:15 PM
Yep. I don't care what the dumb critics say, Mummy: The Dragon Emperor was the best Mummy movie yet, and that terra-cotta horde was bad-***.

Hellboy: The Golden Army...... Not so much.:smallyuk:

Lost_Deep
2011-07-29, 06:19 PM
Gold would not make a good army. It's heavy, so the soldiers would be slow. It's malleable, so they would be fragile. It's expensive, so it would be a pain to make. And it's newsworthy, so everyone and their adventurers would be trying to tear your forces apart and haul away the loot.

Worst. Horde. Ever.

Devixer
2011-07-29, 06:20 PM
Hey, TE, did you want me to plotclone Jasper and the Operative at Riverside, or just timeskip them finding a good spot for an underground base?

Also, Happy, could you add me to the list of the Formspring accounts? If so, I'd like it as: DA the Player (http://www.formspring.me/RottingBaron) - Dark Apprentice

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 06:24 PM
@ DA: Done

@ TE:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/Haruki-san/Emotes/Poketothread.png http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/Haruki-san/Emotes/poketoWatch.png

Devixer
2011-07-29, 06:27 PM
Thanks, Happy!:smallbiggrin:

The Alexandrian
2011-07-29, 06:34 PM
Hey, TE, did you want me to plotclone Jasper and the Operative at Riverside, or just timeskip them finding a good spot for an underground base?

SAINT had an underground base under a telephone booth in Riverside. Might want to private message Rein about finding that, if it hasn't been obliterated yet.

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 06:35 PM

Timeskip, definitely.

Also, I can't help but wonder what the Cat Burglar's odds of survival would be if he tried to stalk a certain catgirl. Cause he's stupid enough to try.

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 06:35 PM
It got asploded pretty damn hard. Finding a new place would be easier than re-excavating the old one, I would think.

@ TE: One word: Kal'sethazaar

Devixer
2011-07-29, 06:38 PM
I don't think the Operative would want to use the old SAINT base anyway. In his point of view, they failed, and he wants to start MURDER off with a more positive train of thought. Also, I did decide on a name. It's nice and subtle.

Beans
2011-07-29, 06:47 PM
Look at my poke. You know it's amazing.
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/poke.png

Recaiden
2011-07-29, 06:51 PM
But why does the fish have arms, Beans? :smallconfused: :smalltongue:

Gullara
2011-07-29, 06:59 PM
Dear gods, do NOT install a jacuzzi in Watch! Between the fey, the dragons, and Ilpholin, there'd be naked hot tub scenes on every freaking page. :smalleek:

<.< I cannot deny this. >.>

Devixer
2011-07-29, 07:00 PM
Yeah, but there's also a German in Watch, so the water in said jacuzzi will probably end up boiling for some vaguely science-related reason.

Halae
2011-07-29, 07:01 PM
<.< I cannot deny this. >.>

Oh hell, I can eve seen Harnel and Cessie getting in on that >.>
Yeah, but there's also a German in Watch, so the water in said jacuzzi will probably end up boiling for some vaguely science-related reason.

Wouldn't bother harnel any

Beans
2011-07-29, 07:02 PM
Bow chicka science.

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 07:05 PM
Look at my poke. You know it's amazing.
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/poke.png

It is a fine poke! Happy approves! :smallbiggrin:

And Harnel and Cessie were included in 'the dragons' part of my statement. :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2011-07-29, 07:10 PM
Westside- Murder Street

The ball of fire hurtling towards him was unexpected, certainly, but Gozreh has truly uncanny reflexes, senses far better than mere sight, and most importantly, Durin hasn't attacked yet so Gozreh has no distractions. For the merest of seconds Gozreh looks away from the drowpire and at the incoming sphere of holy fire, and suddenly the flames change course, shooting instead towards Durin and picking up speed in the process. Pyrokinesis is among Gozreh's powers, although it takes a considerable amount of concentration.

TE, this should be an attempt, and the burning light can't be controlled by simple Pyrokinesis, it have a mind of it's own.

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 07:26 PM
Well, as for the attempt bit, I think redirecting an attack counts as defense.

As for the other bit, Gozreh sees it as fire, so his pyrokinesis should work on it. Same way that he isn't turned to stone by moonlight, but is turned to stone by sunlight reflected through a mirror. Technically they're the same thing, but it's perception that matters. Heck, do you know how many religions use a disc as a holy symbol, for that matter? Vampire powers only work if you realize they're all based of the vampire's perception. There was, in fact, a discworld book about the subject, which was one of the main inspirations for Gozreh.

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 07:31 PM
Redirecting counts as an attack, not a defense. It should have been an attempt even if it was normal fire, since the opposing mage could have attempted to counter it.

The Alexandrian
2011-07-29, 07:39 PM
That is totally an attack, TE.

In The Outlaw Josey Wales Josey impales one of his enemies with his own saber while he is still holding it, which is technically redirecting an attack.

It'd still be godmodding if it were to happen in FFRP.

Shadowcaller
2011-07-29, 07:39 PM
Well, as for the attempt bit, I think redirecting an attack counts as defense.

As for the other bit, Gozreh sees it as fire, so his pyrokinesis should work on it. Same way that he isn't turned to stone by moonlight, but is turned to stone by sunlight reflected through a mirror. Technically they're the same thing, but it's perception that matters. Heck, do you know how many religions use a disc as a holy symbol, for that matter? Vampire powers only work if you realize they're all based of the vampire's perception. There was, in fact, a discworld book about the subject, which was one of the main inspirations for Gozreh.

That's no excuse for letting you control the light. If your vampire believes it's normal fire he could as the defender just take normal fire damage from it but not controlling it.

Note that it doesn't look as normal fire either, it's shining pure white.

FireFox
2011-07-29, 07:42 PM
That is totally an attack, TE.

In The Outlaw Josey Wales Josey impales one of his enemies with his own saber while he is still holding it, which is technically redirecting an attack.

It'd still be godmodding if it were to happen in FFRP.

You sir, get a cookie for the Josey Wales reference. :smallbiggrin:

Mindfreak
2011-07-29, 07:42 PM
*Pokes Quinsar to Serious Plots if that's okay....*

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 07:45 PM
How is that any different then, say, blocking a sword? Or dodging an arrow? Sorry, but the implications of saying redirecting an attack is godmodding are a bit silly. For instance, that means you couldn't parry, can't deflect, etc.

If it's really that big of a deal I'll just have Gozreh cause it just stop moving towards him or shoot towards the ground instead, but this whole thingamajig is really rather silly, and I do reserve the right to have Gozreh's pyrokinesis affect the burning light.

The Alexandrian
2011-07-29, 07:47 PM
Cookiez.

Awmnomnom!

Hey, I got you guys something too! :smallsmile:

Ice cream anyone?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Code2002/Cthulhu/fhtagndazs.jpg

It is like a monkey chucking a magical, sentient barrel at a plumber. If the plumber hits is with his hammer, that's alright, but if the plumber suddenly grows into a giant, picks up the barrel, and brutally murders the monkey with it Shigeru Miyamoto will find their player and slice them up with a katana for copyright infringement.

And then we'll scold the corpse for godmodding.

BladeofOblivion
*Pokes TE again to Serious Plots for the CARP station plot.*

happyturtle
If it was SC's character's sword, you could say you dodged it or blocked it. You couldn't say you disarmed him and turned his sword against someone else. That's what you're trying to do by redirecting the fire.

If it's really that big of a deal I'll just have Gozreh cause it just stop moving towards him or shoot towards the ground instead, but this whole thingamajig is really rather silly, and I do reserve the right to have Gozreh's pyrokinesis affect the burning light.

What the heck? The Burning Light is not your PC! You don't get to affect it!

Gullara
2011-07-29, 07:49 PM
If it's really that big of a deal I'll just have Gozreh cause it just stop moving towards him instead, but this whole thingamajig is really rather silly, and I do reserve the right to have Gozreh's pyrokinesis affect the burning light.

No, you really don't. SC's fire is not just a simple attack. Like SC said previously, it has a sort of mind of its own. If SC says the pyrokinesis can't effect it, it cant. If you do try to control it you are godmodding.

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 07:57 PM
I meant Gozreh can block the burning light with pyrokinesis. We already established that he can't control it, see the bit where I said "Okay, if it's that big of a deal, I'll just have him stop the attack instead." Just because a sword is sentient doesn't mean it can't be blocked by a shield.

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-29, 07:59 PM
*pokes BR to home*

*would poke Moon Called to inside but realizes that anyone in north america right now is probably eating dinner*

EDIT:

*realizes BR is prolly in north america, too*

*facepalms*

Halae
2011-07-29, 08:02 PM
And see, this is why I take my dinner to the computer desk with me :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 08:05 PM
Well you'd better go edit your post, TE.

And then go post in Watch.

Beans
2011-07-29, 08:06 PM
*pokes BR to home*

*would poke Moon Called to inside but realizes that anyone in north america right now is probably eating dinner*

EDIT:

*facepalms*
Um, it's 9:00 in my timezone. Over on the West coast, probably around 6, so dinnorz there, yes.
BR is, I think, on the same or a similar timezone as I am and thus it's probably 9 for him too.

BladeofOblivion
2011-07-29, 08:06 PM
*pokes BR to home*

EDIT:

*facepalms*

I'm in North America and I haven't eaten LUNCH yet. :smalleek::smalltongue:

(In California, should clarify.)

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-29, 08:10 PM
And see, this is why I take my dinner to the computer desk with me :smalltongue:

A man after my own heart.
Ramen ramen every day!

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 08:11 PM
I'm waiting for Dark Apprentice to post.

Devixer
2011-07-29, 08:12 PM
Deadtime for a couple hours. Just assume Wolfgang's standing near the Cat Burglar, looking like his insane self.

Halae
2011-07-29, 08:12 PM
A man after my own heart.
Ramen ramen every day!

As a matter of fact, it's normally peanut butter sandwiches. I just can't get enough of peanut butter.

Recaiden
2011-07-29, 08:33 PM
As a matter of fact, it's normally peanut butter sandwiches. I just can't get enough of peanut butter.

I'd agree with this, but people keep stealing my peanut butter.

Lost_Deep
2011-07-29, 08:37 PM
That reminds me: I need to go get some apple sauce.

Would anyone mind having a sliver space ship fall on/grind into them? I'm specifically thinking of dropping it not-too-far from WATCH... or maybe somewhere else if you all would prefer it.

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 08:40 PM
I think most people in Watch are busy. Some doubly or triply so with plot clones. So unless a Watch player specifically says they want to do it, you'd probably just better make it Generic Outside.

Lost_Deep
2011-07-29, 08:43 PM
No one more has posted in Outside...

maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow to drop it.

The Alexandrian
2011-07-29, 08:43 PM
Or have the shuttle just fall on a building land in the space ship parking lot Red Zone. :smalltongue:

Lost_Deep
2011-07-29, 08:45 PM
Well... it's going pretty fast... and it's armored for atmospheric re-entry at high speeds...

What will my neighbors be?

The Alexandrian
2011-07-29, 08:53 PM
If the craft is going to leave an impact crater, you might want to disregard my last post on this topic.

Evil! Phil was sued for killing tons of people with a robot dropped from orbit onto a building full of explosives, so it might be better to drop it in a less populated area or have it splashdown near the docks of Inside.

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 08:54 PM
Or wait till you get some players who say 'I have extra rp bandwidth! send them at me!' and decide where to put it based on that.

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-29, 08:58 PM
If the craft is going to leave an impact crater, you might want to disregard my last post on this topic.

Evil! Phil was sued for killing tons of people with a robot dropped from orbit onto a building full of explosives, so it might be better to drop it in a less populated area or have it splashdown near the docks of Inside.

Phil wasn't found guilty for the deaths, remember?
Though he was found guilty of overriding several radio and television channels and 'resisting arrest', if I recall correctly.

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 09:00 PM
Decker and her Big Freaking Gun:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/328/tek4e336537054944147067.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/45444037)

Alex and his boss really really want to make their delivery go away very fast. Like, next post fast.

Beans
2011-07-29, 09:01 PM
I'm thinking of a creepy-deepy plot involving a portal to a ruined planet and lots of cosmic weirdyboos, because The Stars Are Approximately Right and stuff happens.
I'm reading up on stuff first.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-07-29, 09:02 PM
Um, it's 9:00 in my timezone. Over on the West coast, probably around 6, so dinnorz there, yes.
BR is, I think, on the same or a similar timezone as I am and thus it's probably 9 for him too.

Yes. BR is very south of you, where I am slightly north of you.

Still same time zone.

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-29, 09:10 PM
I suddenly want to make a trio of characters based off of chess pieces, with one staunchly good, one viscous and evil, and one affably and trollishly neutral, with the good and evil ones constantly trying to kill each other, and the neutral one stopping them from killing each other just to annoy them.

The Bushranger
2011-07-29, 09:15 PM
*pokes BR to home*

EDIT:

*facepalms*

Yup. I'm almost in Central Time though.

...and if there's a race on (http://www.racefantv.com/USTV.htm), I'm probably watching it. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 09:15 PM
A neutral chess piece? :smallconfused:

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 09:16 PM
Three person chess!

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-29, 09:17 PM
A neutral chess piece? :smallconfused:

A neutral person named after a chess piece.

Or I could just name them after some other board game piece. Instead of Rook, they could be Shoe. Or Racecar. Or minivan with three children. Possibly Colonel Custard in the Library with a Minigun.

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 09:20 PM
Or Spades Slick!

No, wait, that's already taken. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 09:23 PM
The main problem with making a set of characters like that is you end up with a lot of self-roleplay. But that's only a problem if you dislike self-rp.

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-29, 09:24 PM
Or Spades Slick!

No, wait, that's already taken. :smalltongue:

Fe*manyexpletivesinathickscottishaccent*'ell!

I also had an idea for a trio of knights fitting a similar theme that had to kill each other to restore balance to another world, but that's for a minor subplot in a story I'm writing.

Also, Homestuck be awesomesauce.

Also, does the Philip Memorial Library in Inside have any relationship to the school and library Phil is having built on the ruins of Excelsior tech?

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 09:27 PM
"Well, there are only two options I know of. The first will only suppress your urges to seek, perhaps remove them entirely eventually." Bellan says, pondering and looking at the ceiling. "The second removes... well, most of your memories. Along with any trace of the Objects."

Or you can do what Xifra did, and get someone who cares about you to chain you up and prevent you going after Objects. :smallsmile:

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 09:31 PM
Prometheus is a bit far gone for that. Plus, chaining him up would be hard, as he could bite, claw, or simply break the chains to shreds.

The Alexandrian
2011-07-29, 09:32 PM
*Pokes HT to NO if she has time and is in the mood to post there.*

Reinholdt
2011-07-29, 09:33 PM
Oh hey. Did Kirk have any Objects on him when he died?

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 09:34 PM
That's why Xifra did it in a Temple of Slaanesh. They can restrain her physically and magically.

The fact that they'll also make sure she's in ecstasy the entire time had nothing to do with it. Nothing! :smalltongue:

Gullara
2011-07-29, 09:35 PM
Oh hey. Did Kirk have any Objects on him when he died?

He did, actually. I'm still debating what happens to his possessions when he dies. In any case, I won't be dealing with that sort of thing until the last lingering Kirk plotclone rejoins continuity. Also, it's very possible Feia would have taken the Objects, considering her own interest in them. We'll see though.

Lord Magtok
2011-07-29, 09:35 PM
Also, does the Philip Memorial Library in Inside have any relationship to the school and library Phil is having built on the ruins of Excelsior tech?

Short answer: No

Long answer: H.P. Lovecraft's middle name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._P._Lovecraft)

Beans
2011-07-29, 09:36 PM
Alrighty, guys, I'm thinking that this Journey to a Ruined Planet plot will be one where characters of low power are preferred.
Once I get things together, anyone interested can help me figure out how we're gonna get our characters together. There's some crazy diary ravings to be had.

Reinholdt
2011-07-29, 09:38 PM
He did, actually. I'm still debating what happens to his possessions when he dies. In any case, I won't be dealing with that sort of thing until the last lingering Kirk plotclone rejoins continuity. Also, it's very possible Feia would have taken the Objects, considering her own interest in them. We'll see though.

Well, let me know when you do then.

Lost_Deep
2011-07-29, 09:39 PM
...you are currently running two plots. No, running one and planning one. Albeit, the planned one is going nowhere at the speed of slow.

Low-power, huh...

How can I get Kyland in on this?

Gullara
2011-07-29, 09:42 PM
Well, let me know when you do then.

Sure can do. Of course, the last plotclone is in a sloooow plot. But I will tell you as soon as I can.

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 09:43 PM
Riverside

:smalltongue:

Murkus
Aw, Kirk died.

I''m sure Feia can use this to mess with Tina. >>

@Happy: I'm fairly certain Pro would mind being chained up indefinitely. Even in a temple of Slaanesh. :smalltongue:

horngeek
That's why Xifra did it in a Temple of Slaanesh. They can restrain her physically and magically.

The fact that they'll also make sure she's in ecstasy the entire time had nothing to do with it. Nothing! :smalltongue:

Dammit, now I want a link to that post...

Beans
2011-07-29, 09:45 PM
...you are currently running two plots. No, running one and planning one. Albeit, the planned one is going nowhere at the speed of slow.

Low-power, huh...

How can I get Kyland in on this?
Agh, I'm about to consider the Lab plot dead (and unlike Cthulhu, it's not dreaming).

I actually want to use Meddy for this plot; I'd handwave it that she escaped from a lab and, not knowing it, took a strange diary she found within.

As for how you can get Kyland in on it, I'm thinking of having some sort of attack on Meddy, to which those characters who will be involved could respond.

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-29, 09:45 PM
As an avid 40k-er, I must point out that Slaanesh is about pleasure and new experiences, not just sex. A Slaaneshi cultist is just as likely to set someone on fire for annoying them or do a metric Sheen-Ton of cocaine as they are to have a mega-orgy.

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 09:48 PM
Starts here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11515324#post11515324) and ends here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11515716#post11515716). All the naughty stuff happened offscreen. :smalltongue:

@ TS: This is the Nexus! Canon means nothing. NOTHING!

Gullara
2011-07-29, 09:48 PM
Aw, Kirk died.

I''m sure Feia can use this to mess with Tina. >>

Kirk actually can't truly die, being a demony thing and all. He can just be resummoned, and Feia has him on auto resummon.

Of course, the whole situation with Feia is guarenteed to go bad for Kirk anyway. >.>

[Westside - Murder Street]

Gabriel gouges ineffectually at Rot's chest, the wooden stake in no way an effective means to bypass the metal plate. Then Rot bites into his face. Ouch. Thankfully Gabriel is torn away from Rot. In response to that he lashes backward at the servant.

Durin closes in on the old vampire closely after the second ball of fire. He expects it to fade away like the first, and then he will take the opportunity to aim a horizontal slash across Gozreh's neck.

Riverside

This time, Gozreh has more of a chance to react and quickly sidesteps, ducking his head at the same time to avoid being decapitated. Grinning, his arm shoots out and he attempts to shove Durin in front of the incoming light blast. Fighting against two foes gives him little opportunity to make his own attacks, but why bother when he can use his two foes against each other? It helps that, being a truly ancient vampire of a breed that grows stronger with age, he's probably at least a bit faster and stronger than either of them.

Um, TE? That action is impossible because Durin followed the second ball of fire. It either hit Gozreh or faded away before Durin reached him. >.>

Lost_Deep
2011-07-29, 09:50 PM
Agh, I'm about to consider the Lab plot dead (and unlike Cthulhu, it's not dreaming).

I actually want to use Meddy for this plot; I'd handwave it that she escaped from a lab and, not knowing it, took a strange diary she found within.

As for how you can get Kyland in on it, I'm thinking of having some sort of attack on Meddy, to which those characters who will be involved could respond.

...'tis probably for the best. Maybe some time someone will go adventuring... find some abandoned labs... and a talkative (but crazy) A.I.

Unfortunately, Kyland has next to no combat ability; she might watch and check out the wounded after the fact, but she's not going to actually fight. We'll have to be creative.

Sign me up!

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-29, 09:52 PM
^ Sorry, read that as Durin was attacking after the second fireball was launched

@Happy: I'm fairly certain Pro would mind being chained up indefinitely. Even in a temple of Slaanesh. :smalltongue:

Especially in a temple of Slaanesh. Riv purposely hardwired Prometheus's brain so he'd find curtain-y acts disgusting to even think about. Chaining him up in a temple to curtain-god would probably leave him permanently scarred, especially as I very much doubt the Slaaneshi cultists would leave a rather attractive, chained up humanoid alone.

Did I mention Riv's a complete jerk? Cause he is.

Beans
2011-07-29, 09:52 PM
...'tis probably for the best. Maybe some time someone will go adventuring... find some abandoned labs... and a talkative (but crazy) A.I.

Unfortunately, Kyland has next to no combat ability; she might watch and check out the wounded after the fact, but she's not going to actually fight. We'll have to be creative.

Sign me up!
Most of this will be about discovery and suspense, and maybe even---dare I say it---puzzle-solving?

So yay, that's one person plus me.

The Bushranger
2011-07-29, 09:55 PM

Nail it to the perch!

Rae Artemi
2011-07-29, 10:04 PM
Most of this will be about discovery and suspense, and maybe even---dare I say it---puzzle-solving?

So yay, that's one person plus me.

... Is a stretchy cat with healing powers and the ability to read and write appropriate for this Cthulhuness thingy? Because I need to do more with Trilby.

horngeek
2011-07-29, 10:06 PM
Hmmm... should probably do some more RP with Abigail and the Ralts.

And with Zamira.

The Bushranger
2011-07-29, 10:08 PM
Yes. Yes you should. *nodnod*

*will plotclone Jamie!*

Beans
2011-07-29, 10:09 PM
... Is a stretchy cat with healing powers and the ability to read and write appropriate for this Cthulhuness thingy? Because I need to do more with Trilby.
... YYyyyeahhh. I think that'll work.

Murkus
2011-07-29, 10:11 PM
Kirk actually can't truly die, being a demony thing and all. He can just be resummoned, and Feia has him on auto resummon.

Of course, the whole situation with Feia is guarenteed to go bad for Kirk anyway. >.>

Auto-resummon. Aw, Feia coulda told Tina he was dead and... done a variety of things, actually.

Also, in relation to Outside, the people in the dead forest can continue their conversation. Molodai's not doing much, and I'm a little too busy to write out a longer post. Have to keep hopping on and off of here.

Lost_Deep
2011-07-29, 10:12 PM
Bed time Deadtime. TTFN, Ta-Ta For Now!

The Alexandrian
2011-07-29, 10:15 PM
Alrighty, guys, I'm thinking that this Journey to a Ruined Planet plot will be one where characters of low power are preferred.
Once I get things together, anyone interested can help me figure out how we're gonna get our characters together. There's some crazy diary ravings to be had.

I'm in!

And (if it is acceptable) I'm going to be playing a new character who loves Resident Evil with a passion.

I'd imagine it would go something like this.

"Alrighto fellows, we need to get through this door!"

"This appears to be a hopeless endeavor, but I'm sure we will emerge relatively victorious in our battle against this foe!"

"It's just a d-"

"Objection! All of your opinions from now on are automatically rejected!"

"Where was I? Ah yes, the door."

"We need to get the key to the door. First, lets see if we can find any trapdoors or tire irons around here. Pull all of the books out of that bookcase and you there, jam thine pate into the great stone hearth."

"We need to find the Eagle Crest!"

"There's a piano in the corner..."

"Does anyone know how to play Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata?"

*Crowbar falls from sky.*

"Don't touch it! It will kill you!"

Of course, he won't be so silly or bossy. But he will try outrageous thing to "get to the next area."

UncleWolf
2011-07-29, 10:19 PM
As an avid 40k-er, I must point out that Slaanesh is about pleasure and new experiences, not just sex. A Slaaneshi cultist is just as likely to set someone on fire for annoying them or do a metric Sheen-Ton of cocaine as they are to have a mega-orgy.

As the person who's RP'd various Slaanesh cultists for about a year or so(and probably a cultist myself as well), I can say you're missing quite a bit. It's not about pleasure or experiences, but about sensation. Mental, physical, spiritual, anything that can make them feel. The stronger the sensation, the better. They're people who'll stop and savor the pain of a papercut, go on huge drinking binges to feel hazy, or go on a massive orgy just to try and feel endless pleasure.

The problem, is, they start to become numb to it.

Because of that, over time, they have to resort to further extremes. The person who savored the papercut, may start flaying himself. The person drinking will attempt to drink themselves to death. And the last person, well, you get the idea. It's not the experience they strive for, it's the result of it, the sensation that makes them feel alive.

And that's just the physical aspect of it.

There are composers, sculptors, painters......all of which may not do too much physically, but end up striving for more through perfecting their art as that's how they think they'll achieve glory, perfection, and finally be proud of themselves. Their views will always twist and alter by the time they get something they call "perfect", usually resulting in a horrid monstrosity, but to them, it's the ultimate achievement.

So, to use your example, they wouldn't set someone else on fire for annoying them, they'd set themselves on fire for the hell of it.

horngeek
2011-07-29, 10:22 PM
Out of interest, what's the Slaaneshi cult doing at the moment? :smallconfused:

Also, I'm tempted to set up a location of a city run by a Solar Exalted... hmm. I wouldn't want to do it if no one went there, though.

Ashen Lilies
2011-07-29, 10:26 PM
I think the question is... what AREN'T they doing? WOOF! :smalltongue:
Sorry. >.>

UncleWolf
2011-07-29, 10:32 PM
Right now, the group is kinda just "there". It's set up it's operations, settled in, and has actually become quite resourceful as it has it's own little segment in Red Zone (Part of the Underhive, under Cirrus Street). They can be interacted with, but so far, there aren't many outward signs that somethings awry. Just an increased rate of mutation in the area(which is somewhat normal as the UnderHive is a predominantly Warhammer 40K area), and the fact that The Masks never take off their masks, or really reveal themselves.

Other than that, they've never done anything publicly evil, or possibly related to Gaze. Which, I am also somewhat glad that the details of what happened there were never released to the public, and I believe it's far too late to do so now, really. >.>

horngeek
2011-07-29, 10:35 PM
Not even kidnappings? :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2011-07-29, 10:39 PM
Xifra sacrificed someone as part of her initiation ritual, but it was more of a seduction than a kidnapping.

UncleWolf
2011-07-29, 10:41 PM
Kidnappings draw too much attention. It's why Salome was taken there willingly by Xifra to be sacrificed. And later returned as a mind-clouded daemonette, but that's a different story. >.>

There's also the fact that Jezebel isn't exactly dumb. Too much activity, and they'll appear way too suspicious. More so than masked people usually do. She's level-headed, and coolly calculating, so it's actually fairly well organized over all. I know it makes it hard to infiltrate such a place, but, as I said during the Gaze plot, when I do things like this, I like people to earn things. :smalltongue:

Devixer
2011-07-30, 12:10 AM
No one more has posted in Outside...

maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow to drop it.

When you do drop it, you mind if I send a plotclone of Wolfgang there? He'd probably be willing to meet new beings and find out how to hurt them their physiology.

Murkus
2011-07-30, 01:47 AM
Xifra sacrificed someone as part of her initiation ritual, but it was more of a seduction than a kidnapping.

A 'seduction' that was initially forced on Salome with mindpowers, if I recall. >>

UncleWolf
2011-07-30, 01:50 AM
Maybe, but the mind powers weren't needed by the end of it and were stopped. <.<

bladescape
2011-07-30, 01:54 AM
Urgh. Someone kick me towards actually getting around to writing up my Shadow-bound elf. >.>

(I don't mean that literally. No, keep the foot away. AWAY I SAID!)

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-30, 01:56 AM
A 'seduction' that was initially forced on Salome with mindpowers, if I recall. >>

*Pokes to Trog's*

Murkus
2011-07-30, 02:02 AM
Because they converted her into a daemonette. Still kidnapping. *shrug*

On it, TE.

Beans
2011-07-30, 02:03 AM
Urgh. Someone kick me towards actually getting around to writing up my Shadow-bound elf. >.>

(I don't mean that literally. No, keep the foot away. AWAY I SAID!)

Where doing it man... where MAKING THIS HAPEN
You'd better be doing it, man. Make it happen!

bladescape
2011-07-30, 03:54 AM
Where doing it man... where MAKING THIS HAPEN
You'd better be doing it, man. Make it happen!

Already made it happen.:smallbiggrin:

Dark Apprentice may wish to know that the member (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11528016&postcount=503) of that evil group he was working on is ready to meet and join.

Oh, and anyone else can comment on him or suggest things they would be interested in having him involved in. Criticism is always welcome.(As long as you don't mention the as-of-yet-unfinished-or-started-backstory.)

Devixer
2011-07-30, 03:59 AM
Oh cool, now I don't have to kick you anymore.

The Operative is actually in the process of building the base for his organization. This means I may actually get a thread up soon (yay!) So if you're willing to wait for that to join, that'd be much appreciated.

Also, unfinished backstories are totally fine.

bladescape
2011-07-30, 04:53 AM
Oh cool, now I don't have to kick you anymore.

The Operative is actually in the process of building the base for his organization. This means I may actually get a thread up soon (yay!) So if you're willing to wait for that to join, that'd be much appreciated.

Also, unfinished backstories are totally fine.

Sure, I'm willing to wait. ^_^

happyturtle
2011-07-30, 05:11 AM

She only used the mindpowers to pull her out from the influence of her brother's mindpowers. After that, it was seduction. Probably wasn't terribly clear at the time, since I was making most of the naughty stuff happen off screen, but Xifra got Salome behind the curtain where she used all the skills she'd learned at the Temple to completely wow the poor girl before taking her to the temple. Where they murdered her and then Slaanesh warped her mind and body and sent her back to be Xifra's slave.

Still a crime, legally and morally. Still horrible. Just not kidnapping. :smallsmile:

horngeek
2011-07-30, 05:15 AM
...I'm tempted to have Cathy come in in WATCH...

I wanna chance to go all-out with her. :smallfrown:

That's the problem with abilities that take a long time to set up. They tend not to get used often.

Halae
2011-07-30, 05:53 AM
Oh gods, Harnel and Decker make an awesome team. It helps they have the complete upper hand in this.

Morty
2011-07-30, 06:01 AM
Out of interest, what's the Slaaneshi cult doing at the moment? :smallconfused:

Also, I'm tempted to set up a location of a city run by a Solar Exalted... hmm. I wouldn't want to do it if no one went there, though.

Depends. What sort of location?

Zefir
2011-07-30, 06:04 AM
Oh gods, Harnel and Decker make an awesome team. It helps they have the complete upper hand in this.

Not if they should act serious.^^

horngeek
2011-07-30, 06:26 AM
Depends. What sort of location?

Hmmm... not sure. Near-ish Inside, but outside the old borders of the Acronymian Empire.

Or maybe one of the cities that would have fallen into chaos as a result of the collapse has order re-established by said Solar? Not sure.

Morty
2011-07-30, 06:48 AM
Either way, a radical group of Hunters could oppose him/her, but I'm not sure if you want this sort of conflict.

Darklord Bright
2011-07-30, 07:22 AM
Hey guys, up late - what's going on with you lot? Anywhere I'm needed or wanted?

Morty
2011-07-30, 07:45 AM
Well, the Stars are Right, Great Old Ones are waking up and associated sheneniagans are happening all over the place.

Darklord Bright
2011-07-30, 07:46 AM
Well, I don't really like apocaplots at all, so that's out of the question, I guess...

horngeek
2011-07-30, 07:49 AM
Either way, a radical group of Hunters could oppose him/her, but I'm not sure if you want this sort of conflict.

Hmmm... while that could work to a degree, keep in mind I don't play evil well, so they'd come off as in the wrong, most likely.

happyturtle
2011-07-30, 07:50 AM
There's a party at the MagCave! Cyban should totally crash it. :smallbiggrin:

Morty
2011-07-30, 07:53 AM
Hmmm... while that could work to a degree, keep in mind I don't play evil well, so they'd come off as in the wrong, most likely.

Maybe, maybe not. The best conflicts are when neither of the sides is fully in the right or wrong, after all.
For now though, I deadtime.

Darklord Bright
2011-07-30, 08:17 AM
I made a rain goddess! She turns into tiny clouds.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9021/raingoddess.png
Isn't she just so cwoot?

Mindfreak
2011-07-30, 08:19 AM

Isn't she just so cwoot?

D'AWWWWWW! I just want to pick her up and give her a hug! ^.^

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-30, 08:59 AM

Isn't she just so cwoot?

Is that.... Derpy Hooves in rain goddess form?:smalltongue:

Lost_Deep
2011-07-30, 09:23 AM
Last call for a landing site! Anyone have any preferences to where the silvery spacecraft lands?

Beans
2011-07-30, 09:52 AM
Is that.... Derpy Hooves in rain goddess form?:smalltongue:

Nooooo.

Also, D'AWWW TINY LITTLE RAIN GODDESS I WANT TO PAT HER HEAD AND GIVE HER COOKIES AND SOME SOUND ADVICE

VampireRot
2011-07-30, 10:18 AM
Well, I don't really like apocaplots at all, so that's out of the question, I guess...

Ah, but it's a Rebo apocaplot! It has a bit more silliness than the others we've had in the past. :smallsmile:

And no fistfights with Cthulhu, or any of the other Old Gods. Not yet, at least. :smallconfused:

Gullara
2011-07-30, 10:36 AM
And no fistfights with Cthulhu, or any of the other Old Gods. Not yet, at least. :smallconfused:

I can't (http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/line10-27-5.jpg) wait for (http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Cthulhu_VS_the_Flying_Nun_by_Coelasquid.jpg) the fistfights (http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lovjidZUkY1qdxi7no1_400.png).

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-30, 10:38 AM
Dangit! Now I want to play a boxer character who's power is that his fists are utterly invulnerable. He can punch anything.

VampireRot
2011-07-30, 10:53 AM
Dangit! Now I want to play a boxer character who's power is that his fists are utterly invulnerable. He can punch anything.

But what would happen if he punched his fists together? :smallconfused:

Lost_Deep
2011-07-30, 11:07 AM
Hard enough? A sonic boom. Haven't you read superhero comics?

The Alexandrian
2011-07-30, 11:10 AM

Captain Falcon!

Falcon Pawnch! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw)

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-30, 11:12 AM
But what would happen if he punched his fists together? :smallconfused:

Obviously, he'd end up punching an atom in two between his fists, causing a nuclear explosion.:smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2011-07-30, 11:33 AM
And everything but his two fists would be instantly vaporizer? :smallconfused:

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-30, 11:39 AM
Well, he sure wouldn't be alive anymore.:smalltongue:

Rebonack
2011-07-30, 11:48 AM

Happy has taken part in mah apocoplawt and she had fun with it!

And Happy usually hates apocoplawts!

So take that as you will.

I'm trying to keep this all as non-intrusive as possible since I know some people don't like Nexus-wide events. Trying to break the usual mold as much as possible. Because my goal here is to see people having fun, y'know? If my plawt creates not-fun then I'm doing something wrong and I want people to tell me.

Zefir
2011-07-30, 12:19 PM
I noticed that all talk about the apocalypse, would anyone be so kind to tell me what the hell it is? I just have no idea and only noticed the ting in AMEN.

Lost_Deep
2011-07-30, 12:26 PM
So the Stars are Almost Right, which means that the Eldrtich Abominations are stirring. Zee, the one beast that does not want to end the world, is handing out quests to stop the others... and trying not to move too much lest she level Inside.

Rebonack
2011-07-30, 12:32 PM
Everywhere

A black sun rises over the Nexus, shrouding everything in a surreal twilight haze. Undead normally harmed by sunlight will find this unnatural illumination invigorating.

...some may even sparkle. You have been warned!

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-30, 12:33 PM

Isn't she just so cwoot?

I would marry your artistic skill if I could.
Of course, it'd have to fight happyturtle's wit and rot's flammability first.

Also, if anyone wants to team up with Garrett or the steampunk league of heroic persons to fight some of the undead starting to pop up around Inside, lemme know.

Halae
2011-07-30, 05:11 PM
Everywhere

A black sun rises over the Nexus, shrouding everything in a surreal twilight haze. Undead normally harmed by sunlight will find this unnatural illumination invigorating.

...some may even sparkle. You have been warned!So... the vampires are getting buffs from not only the blood moon, but also from the black sun?

Well, damn.

we're screwed if they can get over being sparklers.

VampireRot
2011-07-30, 05:14 PM
So... the vampires are getting buffs from not only the blood moon, but also from the black sun?

Well, damn.

Nah. The sun's out in the day, and the moon's out at night. See? So they're only getting one buff at a time. :smalltongue:

Unless the eldritch monsters made the sun come out with the moon. In which case, you're all screwed bloodbags. :smallamused:

BladeofOblivion
2011-07-30, 05:15 PM
So... the vampires are getting buffs from not only the blood moon, but also from the black sun?

Well, damn.

Yeah. Jakob might want to wait a bit before he tries to settle that thing with Gozreh. :smalltongue:

Halae
2011-07-30, 05:17 PM
Nah. The sun's out in the day, and the moon's out at night. See? So they're only getting one buff at a time. :smalltongue:

Unless the eldritch monsters made the sun come out with the moon. In which case, you're all screwed bloodbags. :smallamused:

Ghar actually stated that the Bloodmoon was visible during the day... so...

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-30, 05:21 PM
Yeah. Jakob might want to wait a bit before he tries to settle that thing with Gozreh. :smalltongue:

Actually, it's more of a question of whether Gozreh will wait to settle things with Jacob. After all, he wouldn't be a very good villain if he didn't try to kill the hero who accidentally handed him ultimate power, would he?:smalltongue:

Gullara
2011-07-30, 05:24 PM
Ghar actually stated that the Bloodmoon was visible during the day... so...

Well, I mostly meant that like how the moon is sometimes visible during the day, so is the blood moon, just more noticeably so.

In any case, screwed bloodbags. Bwahaha!

The Bushranger
2011-07-30, 05:37 PM
I noticed that all talk about the apocalypse, would anyone be so kind to tell me what the hell it is? I just have no idea and only noticed the ting in AMEN.

Everywhere

...some may even sparkle. You have been warned!

Everywhere except where you don't want it to be, of course. :smallsmile:

Also: rain goddess is ADORABLE.

Rebonack
2011-07-30, 06:03 PM
Whuh oh!

K'rax-Naggath is moving and that means time for an earthquake!

Pretty major one. 'bout a seven pointer. That means standing up is kinda hard and lots of stuff falls over. Poorly constructed buildings may collapse.

Anyone standing outside may very well notice the giant monster rising out of the earth, stretching all the way from the sea to the distant mountains. One of which crumbles when her head pulls out of it.

Gullara
2011-07-30, 07:17 PM
Westside- Murder Street

Gozreh snarls as his prey vanishes and turns to face the charging pit fiend. Pretty much nothing happens as the distance between the two rapidly vanishes, nor does Gozreh make any attempt to dodge as the servant reaches out- And then the ground beneath the servant of the Burning Light explodes upwards, a huge chunk of the sidewalk that was previously located beneath the pit lord's feet shooting upwards with enough force to easily send even a being as strong as a pit lord flying. At the same time, Gozreh neatly ducks, hopefully evading the servant's attack even if the telekinetic blast somehow fails to throw it off balance.

The downside of this, however, is that while Durin's attack would have previously just hit him in the torso with little effect, it now strikes him directly across his right eye, leaving him half-blind and slicing a long, thin cut across his face. This permenanty disrupts his telekinetic control, so that the slab of pavement simply falls back to the ground instead of clobbering the servant like he had planned to do.

Snarling, he spins and slashes at Durin, aiming at the drowpire's sword arm.

Hells, TE. Whatever happened to scaling him down? :smallannoyed: I'm sorry, but this is exactly why I get frustrated every time I get into combat with you. In all honesty, I really don't mind OP characters. But when an OP character becomes aggressive? I don't want to touch it with a ten foot pole.

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-30, 07:44 PM
Um, sorry, I don't see what's so overpowered. Yes, he did just shatter the ground beneath someone's feet, but it took him time. He can't do that in the heat of battle, which is why I pointed out the pit lord and Durin should or ably not be attacking him one by one. Also, he just lost an eye, which means he can't do that or his hypnotism gaze anymore. Considering he's fighting a pit lord who can apparently both regenerate and throw holy flames around (and if the pit lord actually manages to hit him with the Burning Light, he'll be crispy fried pretty much instantly) and a rather strong vampire, I'm really not sure how he's overpowered for the fight. Especially seeing as both the blood moon and dark sun are boosting his strength at the moment, which is the only reason he can do that with his telekinesis at all.

Warpfire
2011-07-30, 07:55 PM
To The Swamp of Not-Quite Sanity and Submarine plot people- so I'm kinda leaving FFRP. You can either play it like my character suddenly disappeared or just retcon him away.

Devixer
2011-07-30, 08:03 PM
So, I kinda wanted to get started with MURDER, but I'm not sure on how to go about it, with the apocaplawt going on. Would it be alright?

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-30, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure no one would mind if you started MURDER. Which part of Riverside is MURDER located in anyway?

@Warpfire: Sorry to see you go. :smallfrown:

@Ghar: Also, the fight looks to me as if it's about to turn into a four vs. one beatdown, one Gozreh probably won't be recovering from anytime soon. By which I mean he'll probably need some sort of villainous scheme to recover if he gets hit with that Burning Light stuff. Fire hurts him, holy energy is seriously dangerous to him, but holy fire? Eep.:smalleek:

Devixer
2011-07-30, 08:28 PM
East Side, under a "generic" bar.

Also, hate to see ya go, Warpfire.

Lost_Deep
2011-07-30, 09:02 PM
*Pokes TE to GLoG, if he would be so kind.*

Devixer
2011-07-30, 09:58 PM
Okay, MURDER's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11532687#post11532687) first thread is up. Assassins, thieves, spies, and all people of malicious intent are welcome!

The Alexandrian
2011-07-30, 10:15 PM
Is it safe to assume that The Operative gave Lieutenant Warsh a call about MURDER's grand opening?

How is the firing range setup? Warsh will totally throw a tizzy fit if he deems it is a flawed setup (normal ranges really aren't suitable for professional assassins and such, as Warsh will explain IC if he finds the setup distasteful).

And I'm almost finished with my research papers! That means I'm going to be writing up character sheets/revising character sheets for all of my active characters! :smallbiggrin:

Also, expect Inside to get way more deadly after the next stage of the buildup to The Resonator plot is triggered.

Devixer
2011-07-30, 10:21 PM
That is safe to assume. The Operative would probably have called him as soon as everything was done.

The Training Room is actually the largest room in the facility, with targets going up to a kilometer away, and of varying sizes.

The Bushranger
2011-07-30, 10:21 PM
Hmmm...

*pokes Lex to Outside?*

ThePhantom
2011-07-30, 10:28 PM
*Pokes Alexandrain to AMEN*

The Alexandrian
2011-07-30, 10:29 PM
Is the range divided into stalls? If so, how big are the stalls? :smallconfused:

Additionally, nice job with the cow, Bob. It brought back memories of Innsmouth from The Call of Cthulhu video game and the meat locker in Cryostasis!

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-30, 10:29 PM
*Pokes Phantom to Kappa Rangers battle*

KerfuffleMach2
2011-07-30, 10:30 PM
Man, haven't had to plot-clone a character in a while.

Eh, oh well.

Lost_Deep
2011-07-30, 10:33 PM
Alas, having never read the horrors of H.P. Lovecraft, such a fine reference is lost on me.

However, nice going with the bottle. All of my other characters would have been caught off-guard by that one. The world is just lucky that it's the dwarf that got the assignment.

Deatime for sleep!

bladescape
2011-07-30, 10:35 PM
Heh, I'll have to get around to arranging my Shadow-Elf's meeting with the Operative soon enough.

Devixer
2011-07-30, 10:36 PM
The range is indeed divided into stalls. They're roughly four feet across.

Chaotic Bob
2011-07-30, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the little compliment.

Sadly for Deep, the only trick during this quest was at the beginning, with the milk-that-didn't-exist.

The dwarf failed.
The hat-man never spoke and was his target.
0/2 on this quest, unfortunately.

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-30, 11:35 PM
[Westside - Murder Street]

Just a partial post out of order. Will return to normal after.

Durin desperately tilts his blade, managing to knock Gozreh's blade aside. The vampire grimaces, this is too much trouble. More than it should be. He lowers his free hand to a device at his waist, giving it a couple rapid taps. It's a signal.

Um, is this seriously necessary? Cause so far, Gozreh's barely been able to avoid being killed, has taken a very serious wound, and hasn't so much as scratched Durin or the pit lord. The fights already two against one, I hardly see why reinforcements are needed. Sorry, I don't want to be rude or anything, but as Gozreh's already fighting a losing battle, I kinda feel like you're just changing the odds until he has no chance whatsoever and will just end up being epically curbstomped no matter what.:smallsigh:

The Alexandrian
2011-07-30, 11:44 PM
If Gozreh requires backup, he could always break Cain out of the joint! :smallwink: Cain would probably try to kill Gozreh later, but that doesn't really matter now, does it?

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-30, 11:51 PM
If Gozreh requires backup, he could always break Cain out of the joint! :smallwink: Cain would probably try to kill Gozreh later, but that doesn't really matter now, does it?

Eh, if Gozreh needed backup, he would call his vampire manservant, but I really think the last thing this fight needs is more combatants. Heck, Gozreh could just split up into a bunch of little whisps of smoke, and reform later into a multitude of snakes scattered all over town, allowing him to both escape and continue his rampage with little to no way to stop him. But that would be rather ridiculous.

The Alexandrian
2011-07-30, 11:54 PM
*Pokes Beans to AMEN if she has the time and wants to post there.*

Gullara
2011-07-30, 11:56 PM
Um, is this seriously necessary? Cause so far, Gozreh's barely been able to avoid being killed, has taken a very serious wound, and hasn't so much as scratched Durin or the pit lord. The fights already two against one, I hardly see why reinforcements are needed. Sorry, I don't want to be rude or anything, but as Gozreh's already fighting a losing battle, I kinda feel like you're just changing the odds until he has no chance whatsoever and will just end up being epically curbstomped no matter what.:smallsigh:

You do have to keep in mind that this isn't a simple confrontation. They take rogue vampires very very seriously. Like Rot mentioned in a previous post, everything they do undermines the Riverside vampires. They want him and Rot dead. Very very dead, and their ashes scattered on holy ground.

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-31, 12:07 AM
Eh, guess that makes sense. Still a bit annoying OoC, but it makes enough IC sense I can hardly complain. Gozreh can summon his own reinforcements though.

horngeek
2011-07-31, 12:11 AM
Would anyone else be interested in RPing in the (hypothetical) Exalt-led city?

Also, if so, should it be whithin former Imperial territory (in which case, it'd be rebuilding from the chaos of the collapse, maybe even with PCs helping with this) or outside?

Beans
2011-07-31, 12:14 AM

Also, if so, should it be whithin former Imperial territory (in which case, it'd be rebuilding from the chaos of the collapse, maybe even with PCs helping with this) or outside?
Interested, but unsure if any characters would fit... I'm still fairly interested in making an Exalted character, so I might try that.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-07-31, 12:21 AM

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a shot.

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-31, 12:22 AM
Would a Dragon-Blooded Space Marine fit into this currently hypothetical city? Obviously not one of the ultra-violent ones.

The Bushranger
2011-07-31, 12:25 AM
Would a Dragon-Blooded Space Marine fit into this currently hypothetical city? Obviously not one of the ultra-violent ones.

...considering the fact that being Dragon-blooded would make them a Xeno?
<_<

UncleWolf
2011-07-31, 12:26 AM
Dragon Blooded...Space Marine? As in Warhammer 40K "UBERHUMAN ONLY PLZ CLUB" Space marine? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

happyturtle
2011-07-31, 12:26 AM
*pokes TE to Watch*

The Alexandrian
2011-07-31, 12:27 AM
*Pokes HT to NO.*

Darkcomet
2011-07-31, 12:30 AM

I would prefer it if it was outside.

happyturtle
2011-07-31, 12:31 AM
Why am I needed at NO? Roxie isn't going to try and talk to Percilia while she's on the phone.

horngeek
2011-07-31, 12:31 AM
...define Space Marine. A Dragon-Blooded with access to powered armor's fine, but a 40K Space Marine who's also a Dragon-Blooded sounds... iffy.

AmberVael
2011-07-31, 12:33 AM
A Dragon-Blooded with access to powered armor's fine...

Especially since that is basically Exalted canon. :smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-31, 12:33 AM
Dragon Blooded...Space Marine? As in Warhammer 40K "UBERHUMAN ONLY PLZ CLUB" Space marine? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

Yep. From the Exalted 40K game I once ran. It went hilariously off the rails, but it was epically grimderp while it lasted. The basic idea was that the world of Creation had followed the the same technological and cultural path as the Warhammer verse, resulting in such monstrosities as Kinda-Shiny-Metal-Colored-Klaw-Dat-Breakz-Skullz (Silver Claw That Shatters the Mind), the Ork Lunar Exalt.:smalltongue:

horngeek
2011-07-31, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I'd... prefer not a full Space Marine 40k style who's also a DB (with the caveat that, as this is ACRO, technically you can do any crazy crossovers you want). However, as I said, DB with some sort of powered armor is fine.

@DC: Okay. :smallsmile: Outside former AE territory it is, then.

UncleWolf
2011-07-31, 12:38 AM
Zjen will kill the obvious Heretical Marine with holy fire. Lots and lots and lots of Purging Holy Incineration. >.>

bladescape
2011-07-31, 12:47 AM
@DA: I was thinking that my Elf would be convinced to join while talking with the Operative? If you want me to I could join the normal way... though not sure if that would suit my guy's persona properly....

@Ghar:When would be a good time to set up Reis' meeting with this 'band' you proposed? The Apocaplot is a bit disruptive for that, but anything else that factors in?

Gullara
2011-07-31, 12:49 AM
@Ghar:When would be a good time to set up Reis' meeting with this 'band' you proposed? The Apocaplot is a bit disruptive for that, but anything else that factors in?

Well, I got the character that's supposed to be meeting him in an awkward spot at the moment. Namely being dead. >.> Of course, he will just be re-summoned (long story) but at the moment he needs to stay dead a little while to spare continuity some suffering.

Devixer
2011-07-31, 12:52 AM
@DA: I was thinking that my Elf would be convinced to join while talking with the Operative? If you want me to I could join the normal way... though not sure if that would suit my guy's persona properly....

That's perfectly fine. With the way the Operative does things, though, he's not going to want to convince the Elf unless he does something that the Operative deems useful. Shouldn't be too hard, though.

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-31, 12:53 AM
Aaw... But it's so ludicrously overpowered...:smalltongue:

Also, @Wolfbane: the Dragon-Marine equivalent to Purging Holy Incineration is called Heretic Immolation Forgiveness Strike. Also known as FAAAALCON PAAAWNCH!:smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2011-07-31, 12:53 AM
Sorry for not posting more tonight, folks. Just not able to jump-start the muse. -_-

UncleWolf
2011-07-31, 12:55 AM

Also, @Wolfbane: the Dragon-Marine equivalent to Purging Holy Incineration is called Heretic Immolation Forgiveness Strike. Also known as FAAAALCON PAAAWNCH!:smallbiggrin:

Zjen: "....that's complete and utter Heresy." *sidesteps and BURNS*

bladescape
2011-07-31, 01:00 AM
Well, I got the character that's supposed to be meeting him in an awkward spot at the moment. Namely being dead. >.> Of course, he will just be re-summoned (long story) but at the moment he needs to stay dead a little while to spare continuity some suffering.

Ah. LOL. I'm fine with waiting, I just like to know what's happening.

That's perfectly fine. With the way the Operative does things, though, he's not going to want to convince the Elf unless he does something that the Operative deems useful. Shouldn't be too hard, though.

Hrmm. He's not much of a show-off either. Guh, this is like writing a story that wants to go in the opposite direction that you want it to. >.> I'll come up with something later.

The Alexandrian
Why am I needed at NO? Roxie isn't going to try and talk to Percilia while she's on the phone.

Oh, okay. Just didn't want to skip you in case you wanted to post there. :smallredface:

horngeek
I'm not entirely sure what Exalted Caste the Exalt will be... tossing up between Dawn, Zenith and Eclipse.

In other words, General-King/Queen, Priest(ess)-King/Queen or Diplomat-King/Queen. Hmmm...

Devixer
2011-07-31, 01:10 AM
Hrmm. He's not much of a show-off either. Guh, this is like writing a story that wants to go in the opposite direction that you want it to. >.> I'll come up with something later.

If you want, the Operative could simply read into his mind a little and get a good sense of his abilities from that. Read his character sheet, and I don't think he's immune to psionics.

Ashen Lilies
2011-07-31, 01:14 AM
So with the (relatively) recent successes of the BDD and Temperance Teahouse, I was wondering if there'd be more interest for the return/re-envisioning of Restaurant Enchante (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101576) this time around. Basically, an upscale, top-quality restaurant with a classy atmosphere, probably in Inside's Blue Zone, but it could be in Northside as well (though truth be told I'm not at all familiar with Riverside, so someone correct me if a hideously-expensive fancy restaurant has no place there). The first Restaurant Enchante was run by an illusionist, and had an epic level illusion cast on it so that the theme could be whatever the guest wanted, though I'm considering different ownership this time around.
Kal's mother, to be precise.

bladescape
2011-07-31, 01:15 AM
If you want, the Operative could simply read into his mind a little and get a good sense of his abilities from that. Read his character sheet, and I don't think he's immune to psionics.

Nope, Psionics is probably his only weakness.

happyturtle
2011-07-31, 01:17 AM
The main problem with Enchante was that it would be two people who would go in, talk romantic to one another, and have no interaction with anyone else. So, kind of boring for the players, though quite pleasant for the characters I'm sure. Have you thought of a way around that?

*Exception: The date with Butler, Decker, Vidalia, and the ball pit. :smallbiggrin:

Halae
2011-07-31, 01:19 AM
So with the (relatively) recent successes of the BDD and Temperance Teahouse, I was wondering if there'd be more interest for the return/re-envisioning of Restaurant Enchante (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101576) this time around. Basically, an upscale, top-quality restaurant with a classy atmosphere, probably in Inside's Blue Zone, but it could be in Northside as well (though truth be told I'm not at all familiar with Riverside, so someone correct me if a hideously-expensive fancy restaurant has no place there). The first Restaurant Enchante was run by an illusionist, and had an epic level illusion cast on it so that the theme could be whatever the guest wanted, though I'm considering different ownership this time around.
Kal's mother, to be precise.

Sounds good to me. Harnel would probably end up bringing Cessie there

Devixer
2011-07-31, 01:26 AM
Nope, Psionics is probably his only weakness.

Well, there we go. your elf-dude can run into the Operative somewhere, and he can see how useful he would be for MURDER.

ThirdEmperor
2011-07-31, 01:30 AM
*Pokes Rebo to Serious Plots*

horngeek
2011-07-31, 01:32 AM

In any case, while I'm a lot more iffy about a straight-out Space Marine DB, a DB who has a suit of Essence-powered armor is fine.

Zefir
2011-07-31, 01:35 AM
Dark Apprentice can I imagine that he also contact Fade ?

Devixer
2011-07-31, 01:38 AM
Yeah, it's safe to assume that the Operative sent Fade a message to come on over.

Ashen Lilies
2011-07-31, 01:50 AM
Is it reasonable to assume Kal could have tracked someone there?

Have you thought of a way around that?

:(

Devixer
2011-07-31, 01:55 AM
Sure, especially since the Operative wasn't being too secretive about it. Any shady PC will be able to get there.

Morty
2011-07-31, 05:35 AM
Regarding the Exalt-led city, I'm still willing to play a Hunter-led resistance movement.

Mina Kobold
2011-07-31, 06:16 AM
Aww, cute rain goddess. X3

The Escape plot is dead? Aww, I liked it. It had funny AI in it!

Is the Chtulhu stuff still going?

Saurous, did you notice Lewis also throwing something at the Gazebo? I think he did.

And that's about all my questions unrelated to pancakes, so back to catching up!

Ashen Lilies
2011-07-31, 08:33 AM
[Tour]

"Cessie did mention that, I should comment that her first responsibility as a mage still lies within the Hestopian nation however." Tyra comments as Dara suddenly looks rather panicked.

"...well, thank you meser, but we should be going now. Someone have found them I think." She replies quickly and attempts to lead the group away from Kobe and Tyra.

"Two fey have been spotted, naked on white rose street some distance from here. Is that them?" Tyra whispers as they are outside hearing range.

This post is confusing. I can't tell if you got the names mixed up, or the speech colors, and who's talking to whom. Could you please clarify? :smallsmile:

Shadowcaller
2011-07-31, 08:50 AM
This post is confusing. I can't tell if you got the names mixed up, or the speech colors, and who's talking to whom. Could you please clarify? :smallsmile:

Ugh... sorry, I got the names wrong. :smallsigh: The last one is supposed to be Dara, I'll correct it now.

Shadowcaller
2011-07-31, 10:31 AM
You ninjaed me in srs Zefir, I'll post for you in my next post.

Zefir
2011-07-31, 10:43 AM
That seems to happen a lot in this plot. :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2011-07-31, 10:46 AM
Cthulhu stuff is totally still going. I've mostly relegated it to Inside so people can avoid it if they want to.

Oh!

And since it looks like the heroes probably won't stop the end of the world I'm going to be making a splinter timeline plawt thread where all apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic doom takes place. Where the Old Ones walk the world and so forth.

It should be a good place to make bad-ass last-stand posts for various PCs =D

The rest of the Nexus (all other threads) will continue as business as usual since making everyone's PC die forever wouldn't be much fun.

Mina Kobold
2011-07-31, 10:53 AM
Awesome, I need to throw characters at that plot.

*Throws heavy robot at Rebonack*

Ashen Lilies
2011-07-31, 10:55 AM
Someone should resurrect that 'AU Nexus FanFic' thread we had goin for a while.
And by someone, I mean, someone other than me.

Zefir
2011-07-31, 10:59 AM
Could you Link that Kid i never heared of such a thread

TechnoScrabble
2011-07-31, 10:59 AM
I am starting to hate satellite internet from within a moving vehicle.

Morty
2011-07-31, 11:04 AM
And why does it look like the heroes won't stop the end of the world? The plot has just started. :smallconfused:

Halae
2011-07-31, 11:06 AM
because two different players failed the exact same quest - TE failed it the first time, Lost Deep the second, and that means that a creature who eats the atmosphere is gonna get loose

Ashen Lilies
2011-07-31, 11:08 AM
Could you Link that Kid i never heared of such a thread

Doop doop. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162198)

I can't remember if I ended up writing anything for it though...
*searches*

Oh. Yeah. Alternate KR fic. Goddamn that was terrible. Got her character completely wrong.
Alternate Reinholdt fic was made of win though, if I do say so myself. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Ooooh! PR-1 fic! THAT one was cute.
DC you monster. :smallfrown: